143 Reviews for DJ Joey A - Wedding DJ with Nightclub and Radio experience

Do-Not-Play List (18)
One Event Per Day (15)
Liability Insurance (6)
137 DJ Joey A - Wedding DJ with Nightclub and Radio experience Reviews

Joey A did a fantastic job at my wedding. He was very respectful and answered any questions that my wife and I had throughout the process. I was extremely happy with his performance and would do business with him again! Thanks for everything Joey A!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Just WOW!!! First off we knew we needed joey for our big day the first night we heard him spin at one of his club gigs downtown we had such a blast we were hooked! we reached out and booked him the same month we got engaged haha scooped him up quick! This man makes you feel like you are his only client, he responds to texts or fb message or emails so fast I swear he made this planning process so effortless I could not have asked for anything more! He coordinated things at the wedding with timing and other vendors to ensure everything ran seamlessly and it sure as heck did! He went way beyond our expectations and kept our dance floor full the whole night! My feet are still sore lol we can’t recemmond him enough truly, he has the best positive attitude and friendly demeanor as well. DJ Joey A will make your night so perfect trust me!!!! Book him as soon as you get engaged!!! Thank you joey for everything we are beyond grateful!!!!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

When planning our wedding, finding our dj was at the top of the list. We were so fortunate to have been referred to DJ Joey A! If you are as lucky as us and can snatch him up for your wedding date, you will find it will be one of the best decisions during your wedding process! From our initial meeting to the wedding night, he was professional, organized, personable and very knowledgeable in all aspects of the wedding day. When our wedding seemed to be rapidly approaching and I wanted to pull my hair out, Joey helped us create a perfect wedding day timeline. After we talked about the wedding day and all the wedding day events with him, I felt like I could breathe again. He was so good at creating a perfect flow for our day that when it came to the actual day, I felt everything just ran so smoothly. Joey was always asking us if we needed anything, letting us know what to expect next and keeping us on track with all of our wedding events. He also created the perfect mood in our venue with the uplighting. It was beautiful and brought all our decor together. When it came to the dancing, I just want to go back to that night! Our dance floor was never empty. We had groups of people all night on the dance floor and all generations! At one point I looked over and thought I was witnessing a dance battle between my father in law and my uncle! It was definitely a highlight of the night! Joey had everyone moving all night long! Everyone was so happy with all the songs he played and kept telling us how much fun they were having. If you choose Joey A you will be able to take a huge sigh of relief! He is the best and you will be making one of the best decisions booking him during the wedding planning!!! Thank you Joey A for such an incredible night!!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This is the second wedding we have used DJ Joey and he made both weddings special and fun.
His short wedding video he made topped off his amazing work as a DJ and artist. I would definitely recommend him for a wedding or other event - worth the $$!

Profile Picture Laurie, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Joey is amazing! He always responded very quickly to any emails and even Facebook messages. I was little to no help when it came to responding to song suggestions and he did absolutely amazing playing songs that everyone loved, just by using the little information I gave him. Joey made an absolutely incredible video of our special day which we can watch/cherish for years to come. So not only is he a great DJ he is an amazing videograoher. DJ Joey was probably more prepared for my wedding day than I was. He had a time schedule and he would even come track us down for our scheduled dances. He went out of his way to the extreme limit to make sure we had an amazing wedding reception. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ.

Profile Picture Tammy, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joey was AMAZING! Not only did he play everything we had requested, he made sure that everything was perfect for the flow of our night. We were surprised when he pulled out his drone and took video of us with our guests...it was AMAZING. He also took video throughout the night, capturing so many special moments we would have otherwise not had. Thank you SO much, Joey, for making our reception a dream!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

To anyone looking for the best DJ in town look no further you just found the best. ?? DJ Joey A is without a doubt the best in town. He did my daughters wedding and he was truly amazing he kept everyone involved at all times and the dance floor was always full of dancers. So for any couples out there looking for a great DJ I fully recommend DJ Joey ????

Profile Picture Bob, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Very organized and goes the extra mile.

Profile Picture Tony, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Joey A is an extremely passionate, caring, and organized individual! He made our wedding stress-free, fun, and unforgettable. We had the time of our lives! Thank you Joey. We will honestly remember you and the experiences shared with our friends and family forever!
-Tiffany-

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough about how helpful Joey A was in the planning of our reception. He was responsive, organized, thoughtful and professional from the start. He clearly has a great deal of experience in what he does and he is a truly helpful and friendly person who cares about his clients. We were lucky to have found him in our search at a time when there are so many details to consider. Our wedding reception went very smoothly thanks in large part to Joey's guidance and advice. I would recommend DJ Joey A to anyone planning a wedding reception or other event.

Profile Picture Liam, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do i begin when every quality of Dj Services with Dj Joey A was EXACTLY what we wanted and knowing of him growing up in South West Detroit listening to freestyle music as a kid onto as an adult and seeing him Dj a friends daughters sweet 16th bday celebration i knew once my Husband and I were married and was planning our reception he (Dj Joey A) was my 1 and ONLY option and i can not put into words how greatful we are that we chose his services for our special day he from the day we booked down to the DAY OF is phenominal,curtious and very professional and always felt that he was a friend we have known our whole lives because he is that welcoming in what he does so i will say that if you want the BEST and never have to worry then hands down DJ JOEY A is the man to see no if and nor but's about it guaranteed...A million thanks is not enough in my opinion to someone who shows how greatful,inviting,hard working he is and how professional he is at what he does we had a blast and with your enthusiasm we will cherish our day without a doubt THANK YOU DJ JOEY A...SINCERELY MR & MRS ISAAC

Profile Picture Brandy, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Dj Joey was so easy to work with, and very accommodating. On top of us planning our wedding in only 2 months he was there helping us every step of the way. We will definitely refer him to everyone we know, and will for sure be calling him the next time we need a dj!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 8/15/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Hiring DJ Joey A to be our wedding deejay was the best choice we made! From his professionalism to his amazing deejaying and MC skills he surpassed every expectation I had. From the moment we contacted him he was organized, professional, and kind. He will go the extra mile for you - he mixed our ceremony music when he didn't have to and stayed until 1AM when the party went an extra hour. All of my guests couldn't stop telling me how amazing he was and how much fun they had. My husband and I danced the night away and had the time of our lives and it was all because of Joey A!

Profile Picture Erica, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

He was a class act and very organized. Many guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Would hire him again 100%!

Profile Picture Scott , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We first heard about the legendary Joey A from multiple friends who attended a wedding that he MC/DJ'd. It says a lot about someone when others go out of their way to recommend their services, especially for such an important event. From our very first meeting with Joey, his charisma, professionalism, and passion for what he does was evident. We clicked instantly and within a half hour we knew we had found our wedding DJ. Joey made the planning process fun and easy, always gave us great music suggestions and was always happy to answer any of our questions or ease any of our concerns. Not once did we feel like he was trying to up-sell us on anything or push us in any particular direction. From that first meeting, it was clear that his #1 goal was to make our wedding perfect.

On the actual wedding day, Joey blew us away. His speakers and DJ equipment were of the highest quality and his MC-ing was the perfect mix of clear, professional and hype. The custom playlist he made for us, along with his song choices, kept the dance floor packed the entire night. He did a great job of changing genres to appeal to all the guests' tastes, without using any typical, cheesy wedding songs. There was never a moment where the floor emptied in the slightest. In fact, at the conclusion of the night, our guests even chanted for an encore, to which he happily obliged! In the days following our wedding, we received numerous compliments raving about Joey. A recently engaged couple who attended our wedding even told us that they are scheduling their wedding to coincide with Joey's availability. Also, much to our delight, Joey surprised us with a really cool, edited video of our reception within just 24 hours of our wedding.

Without hesitation, we would (and already have) recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Thank you Joey for making our wedding amazing!!!

Angie and Justin Rolnitzky

Profile Picture Angie, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dj Joey was great to work with! He was very personable and accommodating to what we wanted for our big day. Joey did a great job making it easy on us throughout the whole process. Everything was very detailed and organized. Throughout the day Joey checked in with us to make sure we didn't need anything and kept things running smoothly. He did a great job working with our other vendors to ensure everything flowed together perfectly. Everyone complemented what a great time they had! Thanks again Joey!!

Profile Picture Alyssa , 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Joey is the type of DJ that goes above and beyond for his customers and made our evant one of the best. I love how great everything turned out with his help. Thank you again for a great quince for my daughter

Profile Picture Delia, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Joey was hands down one of the best decisions that we made. The music was AMAZING and everyone danced the night away. He also provided a hand full of services that other DJ's did not offer, or just did not have. He was on time, and very easy to work with throughout the whole process. My wife and I have already recommended Joey to several friends and family members.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Joey A was excellent and we couldn't have asked for more. He was really able to read the crowd and played music that kept everyone up dancing. My aunts were raving about him the next day because of this! I would recommend him over and over again!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can only tell you that every single guest at our wedding had an amazing time and told us what a wonderful job Joey did at our reception. We asked for quite a few changes and special requests and throughout our planning and the night of our big day Joey worked really hard to help us to include our personal touches that meant so much to my husband George and I. I have been to many other weddings and I will tell you that a DJ will make or break your reception. You and your guests deserve the best on your special night, don't skimp!!

Tina and George Ledesma

Profile Picture Tina, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I've been a fan of Joey A for nearly a decade, having seen him around the local club scene. When I found out he started doing weddings, I knew that if I ever got married that he would be the guy. So sure enough, that day finally happened & Joey was the first vendor I contacted. I didn't even have a venue in mind at that time! Luckily, he was available on our desired date but I probably would have changed that for him if he wasn't (even when our date was pretty important to us.) He couldn't write up a contract without a venue but offered to unofficially hold that date without a deposit until we did & would contact me if there was any other interest in it. Two months later, just days after signing our venue contract, he emailed asking if we were still interested in his service & that we got "first dibs" on the date. I was like, "Of course! We finally have a venue; where do I sign?"
At the end of the day, I was the bride that didn't really care about the venue, food, overlays or whether the napkins matched the chair covers... I just wanted good music. Joey delivered that. He was professional, courteous, kind, humble & just a great person to work with. When one of our toaster's was caught in traffic, he took it in stride & worked it in later. This wasn't my first rodeo (we had a private destination wedding & this was the delayed reception for family/friends) so I was pretty calm that day... but I felt like if I was one of those stressed-out brides, that he would've been able to rein me in because he was so calm, organized, always smiling & ready to go from the moment we arrived on-site. It's been 3 weeks since our reception & I'm STILL getting compliments about Joey. People who danced (even people who didn't dance) were saying how great the music was throughout the entire evening. I truly hope to see him at future weddings I attend. Best decision I made! Best decision you will make!

Profile Picture Cressey, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ Joey A was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He was the DJ for one of our friend's weddings and we knew we had to have him. When we were picking a venue, Joey's availability helped determine our date. Throughout the entire process he was extremely responsive, professional, and always on top of things. He even met us at our venue months before the wedding to determine the placement of his set, the audio for the ceremony and speeches, and to review the order for the day. From this alone, we knew he took his job seriously. The day of the wedding he was early and had everything set up well before guests arrived. Joey also provided the uplighting for the reception and his entire set up took my breath away. It completely finished the space. Joey also video records much of the reception/takes pictures and it was so fun seeing everything the day after the wedding! Also, at the end of the night most photographers/videographers are long gone and Joey captured some moments I would be so sad to miss! I can't say enough positive things about DJ Joey A- you will be getting top notch service, a full dance floor until the end of the night, and someone who genuinely loves what they do.

Profile Picture Amy, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I do not think there are enough good words in the dictionary to describe the overall experience my husband and I had with DJ Joey A. I had heard him DJ at my best friends wedding a few years ago, an new that whenever it was my time, I had to have him as my DJ, as well. But, what I didn't know, was how emotionally invested he would be with making sure that our day was the best day of our lives! From our very first meeting with him, he made that clear, and through out our 9 month engagement, he continued to be a source of professionalism and instantly helped to ease any stress we may have had. Joey is SO MUCH more than a DJ! He felt like a friend we could call any time, with questions and concerns or ideas, and he would always calm our nerves or put our ideas into reality, but way better than we had even envisioned! Joey does amazing work! Even our wedding video and pictures that we got from him were far beyond anything we were expecting! Joey was and is genuinely and whole heartedly invested in making sure your wedding day is one for the books! He hit it way, way, way out of the park for us and I, am with out a doubt, sure he will do the same for any and all clients in the future! If I had any advice for newly engaged couples, it would be, hire DJ Joey A! It was the best decision my husband and I made for more reasons than one!

-Megan and Jake Quattlander

Profile Picture Megan, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Planning

I can't begin to tell you how AMAZING DJ Joey A is. He had people dancing on the dance floor who never dance, his music was THAT good. He tailored all the music to our specific tastes and played all of our recommended music. He was a huge hit with the guests and is just a genuinely kind person. He makes it seem like he does one wedding a year and it's your wedding. He's very responsive to emails/texts and will work with your vendors to make things go smoothly. He also helps you pick out songs if you're not sure what you want. He helped Emcee the transitions between the different parts of the reception and made sure to double check on the pronunciation of everyone's names. This was very important since we had many names that were difficult to pronounce. I couldn't have imagined going with anyone else.

Profile Picture Christine, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews