DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Anne M. Married on 09/04/2021

Excellent DJ@

Joey A is the best! He can read the crowd and picks music that keeps people dancing all night. Fantastic to work with. Spend a little more to get his mini video of your wedding - it's worth every penny!
    Nicholas R. Married on 09/20/2020

Mr. And Mrs. Roberts

Dj Joey is vey professional and a vet nice person. Made the reception very memorable. Brought a party atmosphere that made the night so fun. I cannot say anything bad about Dj Joey. Definitely the best choice to have dj. Could not have asked for a better night and this dj was a big part of that. Definitely consider him for your big day. It will be one of the best choices you will make.
  • Crystal
    Crystal K. Married on 05/09/2020

Amazing dj, must hire!

I hired Joey as the DJ for our wedding. He is a amazing DJ - there was never a moment when the dance floor was empty. The pacing of music was great, as well as the selection. Joey went above and beyond by providing some additional video footage from our wedding as well. Joey and I go back to when he use to dj at a local bar I use to attend. The moment I heard him dj I knew he was going to be the dj for my wedding. I got non stop compliments throughout the night how great he was. He made everything so simple for my husband and I. Very professional and attentive to his clients needs and wants. I would book Joey for any of my events. You will not be disappointed if you book DJ Joey A. Thanks for an amazing night Joey. If we could do it again, we would. Much love.
    Mr & Mrs. Kouri
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 04/11/2020

DJ with heart

I cannot day enough great things about DJ Joey and DJ Raniko. Working with vendors through a pandemic is not easy but Joey made us feel very special and cared for. He was with us every step of the way and very responsive. We had 3 date changes & a venue change and he still made it possible!! We can’t thank him enough & we highly recommend this incredible DJ.
    Erica G. Married on 11/02/2019

So happy with our choice

Picking a DJ or band for your wedding when you are not from the particular area can be intimidating. I was lucky enough to get DJ Joey A's name from my dentist who attended a wedding where he played. I could not be happier with our decision! My Aunt sang a version of a popular song when I walked down the isle and he was able to custom mix the instrumentals so it was timed perfectly with my entrance. He played a nice mix of music during the cocktail and dinner hours that made the room feel warm and lively. Most importantly to me, he got all 248 of our wedding guests on the dance floor and kept them there all night. DJ Joey A was quick to respond, easy to work with, and ensured our night ran smoothly. You will not regret hiring him!
    Melissa M. Married on 09/21/2019

Couldn’t have asked for anything more!

The vendor I struggled with picking the most our wedding was the dj. I struggled for a long time trying to figure out who was the best fit for us, and who would make our wedding unforgettable. Until we found Joey! The first time we reached out to him, we booked! He was different than every other person we had talked with, head videos prepared for us to watch, and he had so many different options to fit exactly what we were looking for! Our dance floor was packed all night, and a month later, he is still all anyone talks about. Our ceremony music was spot on, he was the life of the party, and he engaged people throughout the entire day. He went above and beyond with our videography and made sure to get some special moments that I had requested even while trying to set up. You will not be disappointed! Book him before someone else does! I couldn’t imagine having anyone else.
  • Russell
    Russell Married on 09/14/2019

Nothing less than perfect

DJ Joey A was nothing less than perfect! We found him through wedding wire. He was very quick to respond, he answered all of our questions and he even helped designed our day of flow chart. While we ran into a couple issues not related to Joey, he was fantastic in helping keep the flow of our wedding going and upbeat. We will absolutely refer him to every single person we know looking for a DJ as well as hire him for any future events we may have. Thank you again Joey for the absolutely perfect time!!
  • Kenzies42
    Kenzies42 Married on 09/08/2019

More than I could have dreamed!

DJ Joey was a FANTASTIC dj. I didn't realize how much a good dj really does until working with him. Obviously the music was fantastic, he was incredibly professional and friendly. He got people dancing, knew exactly when to cut a song that wasn't working, just a music genius! 10/10 worth every penny.
  • Leann
    Leann S. Married on 09/08/2019

Wedding day DJ

Joey was highly recommended - and for good reason! He was the first vendor we booked for my daughter's wedding. Throughout the year and a half of planning, Joey was never a worry - and always responded quickly and positively, no matter how large or small the request.
    He was organized and thoughtful, and kept the day going and in track. And the music!! He kept the dancers dancing! Best DJ ever!
  • Keith
    Keith L. Married on 08/08/2019

The Perfect Compliment to Our Special Day

DJ Joey A’s wedding services made our special day. The photography and videography captured the days special moments. Joey A’s music mix kept everyone dancing the night away. We highly recommend his services as the perfect compliment to your wedding.
  • Maria
    Maria R. Married on 08/03/2019

The best of the best!

DJ JOEY A was the absolute best deejay that we could ask for! Only a few days after getting engaged, my aunt called me up and said that I HAD to check out DJ JOEY A because she had been to a few weddings that he had done and she loved him. Of course, I took her advice - reached out and brought a bridesmaid to meet Joey. He was perfect from the beginning! Very professional and inviting. Very organized and detail oriented - which was super important for me as I was a very nervous, type A bride. Joey never once complained when I would ask a million questions, he became friends with me on facebook and we would chat like friends! The wedding day was perfect - from our entrance song to getting everyone on the dance floor - it was a blast! He played music for all ages and constantly checked in with Dean and I throughout the night. Plus, he took a video of our night and gave us a sneak peak the next day! Something we did not even ask for and he went above and beyond and now that video is something I will treasure for a lifetime. Thank you so much for everything! We would recommend DJ JOEY A to anyone getting married and wanting to have a great time!
  • Claire
    Claire S. Married on 06/22/2019

The best of the best

We found out about DJ Joey A from another DJ, and honestly hiring him was the best decision we made for the whole wedding. Our wedding was the most fun wedding I've ever been to, and I can honestly say it was due to DJ Joey. He knows how to read the room and play the perfect song for the moment, when to speed things up or slow things down. He played a mix of oldies and top 40 crowd pleasers and mixed things in insane ways that got the people going. The dance floor was full the entire night and everyone from the young kids to our 86 year old grandma were out there having the best time. So many people came up to us after the wedding and commented how great he was. Not only is he amazing at his job, he is the kindest, most upbeat person. He did an excellent job MCing and making sure the night ran smoothly. He also gave us some bonus video footage and some aerial drone shots--just amazing! I hope we can throw an anniversary party just so we can jam out to DJ Joey again. Highly, highly recommended. Hire him and you will not be disappointed!
    Kimberly S. Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing!

Where to even start?! Joey has deejayed MANY of our friends weddings and we knew right away we’d want him to do ours when the time came 🙂 Joey made sure to schedule an in person meeting and phone conference to ensure we were all on the same page with how we wanted our day to be. He got to our wedding hours before the ceremony to ensure everything was set up properly and that just really showed he cared. He went above and beyond to make our day PERFECT.

We don’t just consider Joey our DJ, but a good friend of ours. He is so professional and kind! He isn’t your typical wedding DJ, he takes great pride in what he does and it shows. Our wedding would not have been the same without him! Thank you for making our day so memorable.

Love,
    The Sitler’s
  • Mai
    Mai Married on 06/01/2019

Get ready to party!

When we sat down and chose our top 3 must have, a great DJ made that list and DJ Joey was amazing! From the moment we met him, we knew our search was over. He was very professional and made us feel very comfortable. He was able to accommodate all of our needs with traditional music from both sides of the family. He kept the whole evening on track and made sure we got everything we wanted. Our family and friends raved about how fun the wedding was because most of them never left the dance floor. Bonus- we got a wedding sneak peek video from him the very next day on social media so we could both relive the night and see how much fun everyone had! We highly recommend DJ Joey for all your deejaying needs! Make sure you bring your dancing shoes because you’ll be dancing the night away!
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 04/20/2019

Extraordinary! The best decision!

Like many others, when we were engaged, the first decision was easy. We had to contact Dj Joey A and get on his schedule. We didn’t even have a for sure date, and wanted to make sure we chose a date he would be available. We did find a date perfect for us, and as expected, Joey made it the special day we hoped for.

Choosing your Dj is probably equally or more important than your venue. Joey definitely knows how to read his crowd and keep them going. Whatever your style, your requests, he gets it and takes it beyond. He even accommodated a last-minute special request two days beforehand, that changed the flow order, flawlessly. We had tons of compliments on how much fun our wedding was and how much it was enjoyed.

That’s just one thing Joey is known for. Eric and Joey have been friends for a long time. So we also knew the type of person we were hiring. A dependable, honest, man of integrity, with a deep love for his family, and a passion for his work. Joey’s level of professionalism far exceeds others you will find in the industry. Whatever he has before him, he goes out of his way, above and beyond what is asked or expected, to be sure you are happy and your event is memorable.

Joey, thank you again for everything, our day was amazing in large part because of you.

Eric & Heather Eidemiller 4/20/19
    Katharyn Married on 03/09/2019

Best Day Ever!

After attending a wedding with DJ Joey A, we knew instantly we had to have him DJ our special day! He did not disappoint! The dance floor was full the entire night! We had the absolute best time and have received countless compliments about how fun the wedding was! Even now, a month later, our friends and family are still talking about it! One of the things we loved about DJ Joey A was how genuinely happy he was for our special day and truly wanted to make it the best day for us. Joey is so much more than a DJ. He also provided our ceremony music and did a phenomenal job. He was so professional throughout the entire process and helped us work through song selections and announcements with ease. He is so knowledgeable and offered suggestions to songs we hadn’t even though of. He helped us create a flow for the evening allowing us to truly relax and enjoy ourselves! We absolutely loved the video he put together as well. We have watched it at least a dozen times! It is such a sweet extra that we will cherish! We have and will continue to recommend DJ Joey A to anyone whether it be a wedding or special event!!
    Ashley Married on 01/26/2019

Best day ever.

Joey definitly made sure our wedding was so much fun! We can truly say it was the best day of our life and we owe it to him! He is so stressfree and helps your day run smooth. He had everyone out on the dance floor for the entire reception! He played such a good variety and reads the crowd very well! We have guests still 2 months after telling us how awesome our dj was! We had the best day and night thanks to you Joey! We would recommend you to everyone!!
  • Amy
    Amy B. Married on 01/19/2019

Beyond what I imagined!

When Pat and I got engaged, we knew right away that we wanted Joey A as our DJ. I had been in a friends wedding years ago, where he was the DJ and he did such an awesome job, Pat’s sister had him as their DJ and my sister recently tried to get him for her wedding but he was already booked.
    From the second we met with him, he made us feel super comfortable. Neither one of us had ever booked a DJ for anything so we didn’t know what to expect or even what questions to ask. Joey was super organized and guided us through the whole experience. He made us feel at ease with our song choices, time line of our wedding day and just in general about how everything was going to run so smoothly. And he absolutely delivered.
    Our reception was SO much fun! The dance floor was so packed the entire night. I saw people dancing that I’ve never seen dance before. Joey really plays to your audience to keep them on their feet the entire night. People are still talking about the great music, and memory’s made at our wedding. I would, without a doubt recommend Joey A to anyone getting married. Thank you Joey!!!
    Natalie Married on 12/08/2018
    My fiancé and I first met DJ Joey when we were checking out a wedding venue. He was setting up for a wedding and my fiancé walked over to chat with him. Immediately, we were impressed with his professionalism and passion for his job. He is incredibly genuine and you can tell he just loves what he does! We contacted him shortly after and set up a consultation. Within minutes of the consultation, we knew he was going to be our DJ and make our wedding a great time! The mash up CD he gave us was fantastic — I loved how he mixed up oldies with newer music. On top of DJing, he was videoing and taking pictures of our whole night. We were so impressed with how involved he had gotten our guests as well. We definitely would recommend DJ JOEY to everyone — worth every penny!
    Ann M. Married on 12/08/2018

Hire DJ Joey A

DJ Joey A was AMAZING to work with. We met with him at our venue, again in person and once more over the phone to ensure that everything was perfect for our big day! The dance floor was packed the entire night. He also took pictures, and video throughout the night. The next day we received a 3 minute video of our reception. It was an added bonus and made me feel better about not having a videographer at our wedding. I would use him over and over again! So many people complimented us on our DJ and his choice of music.
    Alayna P. Married on 11/10/2018

You need DJ Joey A for your wedding!

What more can I say than you need DJ Joey A for your wedding day! When my husband Mitchell and I were starting to plan our special day, we didn't know where to look when it came to a DJ for the reception. We put out feelers on social media and DJ Joey A's name came up multiple times! I had friends that got married recently and used Joey for their wedding and they all raved about their experience. From the beginning, going over the flow chart of the reception, Joey always responded promptly with any questions or concerns I had which was comforting with all the other wedding planning going on. When it came to the big day, all I can say is WOW. From his professionalism during the whole evening, all the reception festivities flowed smoothly and timely (first dances/speeches/cake cutting/etc), all our guests were happy and dancing the whole night--we couldn't have asked for a better evening. Even when Mitchell and I had some personal issues that came up while planning, Joey was accommodating for those unexpected hardships. That meant so much to Mitchell and I. He is not only a a great entertainer and made our special night amazing, we gained a forever friend.
    Teresa S. Married on 11/03/2018

The Best of the Best!

A DJ is one of the most important components to a wedding- as they are essentially leading your event. I first met Joey when he was playing locally, and could see his passion and commitment to music before he even started doing weddings. When I saw that Joey started to do weddings, I said to myself “he’s going to spin my wedding” and I wasn’t even engaged yet! He’s that good. I stayed to my word and had Joey at our Nov 2018 wedding and it was the best decision of my wedding planning experience! He managed to keep my dance floor packed, and accommodated all age groups at all times. Our wedding would not have been the same without him! I highly recommend Joey A- as he took the time to meet with us beforehand and communicate our wedding plans in detail along the way, always putting the client first! We are forever grateful to have had Joey lead our wedding!
    Lauren Married on 11/02/2018

Eastern Market- Best DJ EVER!

Joey was amazing to work with! He was so professional throughout the planning experience and helped us in every way possible. Joey had wonderful suggestions for music and put my mind to ease when explaining how the night will run smoothly! The night went by so fast and so many people danced the night away thanks to Joey's awesome DJ services! My family and friends have been talking about the music since we left Eastern Market. It was a friendly club atmosphere that was appropriate for all ages. We cannot thank Joey enough and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!
    Sara Married on 09/22/2018
    All I have to say is stop looking—this is your DJ! DJ Joey A was the first vendor we booked after getting engaged knowing he would be amazing after a referral. Amazing doesn’t even describe the service he provided during the preparation prior and on our wedding day. Joey made sure he knew our bridal party and family, selected the songs we liked and created a timeline for our day. We truly had the party of our life thanks to DJ Joey A. I don’t think there was one person in the room sitting down during our reception. You will be more than happy with your choice to have him at your wedding. Thank you DJ Joey A!
    Lauren Married on 09/22/2018
    DJ Joey A is an industry leader! I met him years ago during my stint in the bar industry, he was our Thursday night guy who always kept the dance floor packed! I knew he was the DJ for my big day, and I am so grateful he was free the day of my wedding. Joey was 100% professional and organized through out all of the preparation process, and organized, cool and collected the day of our wedding. Joey does so much more than DJ, he leads you through your day seamlessly. He was such a huge help that day, and really enabled us to just relax and enjoy our celebration. Joey tailored everything to our tastes and personality, while keeping the party hoppin'! I always hoped my wedding would have a packed dance floor, and Joey delivered. On top of his top notch DJ and MC skills, Joey made an incredibly amazing video montage of the whole day. It was so touching, I am so incredibly happy with it. It brought happy tears to my eyes. I know I will continue to re-watch it fondly for years to come!

In addition, if you are looking for a photographer, go with one of Joey's recommendations. Joey hooked us up with Zaneta, and we could not be happier! Zaneta was amazing, great eye for details, setting up great shots, the perfect combo of professionalism and loads of fun! I would also highly recommend booking Zaneta as well if you have the opportunity, you won't be sorry!