DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services Reviews

191 | Southgate, MI

191 Reviews for DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services

Erica Goldman · Married on 11/02/2019

So happy with our choice

Picking a DJ or band for your wedding when you are not from the particular area can be intimidating. I was lucky enough to get DJ Joey A's name from my dentist who attended a wedding where he played. I could not be happier with our decision! My Aunt sang a version of a popular song when I walked down the isle and he was able to custom mix the instrumentals so it was timed perfectly with my entrance. He played a nice mix of music during the cocktail and dinner hours that made the room feel warm and lively. Most importantly to me, he got all 248 of our wedding guests on the dance floor and kept them there all night. DJ Joey A was quick to respond, easy to work with, and ensured our night ran smoothly. You will not regret hiring him!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Melissa Mann · Married on 09/21/2019

Couldn’t have asked for anything more!

The vendor I struggled with picking the most our wedding was the dj. I struggled for a long time trying to figure out who was the best fit for us, and who would make our wedding unforgettable. Until we found Joey! The first time we reached out to him, we booked! He was different than every other person we had talked with, head videos prepared for us to watch, and he had so many different options to fit exactly what we were looking for! Our dance floor was packed all night, and a month later, he is still all anyone talks about. Our ceremony music was spot on, he was the life of the party, and he engaged people throughout the entire day. He went above and beyond with our videography and made sure to get some special moments that I had requested even while trying to set up. You will not be disappointed! Book him before someone else does! I couldn’t imagine having anyone else.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Russell

Russell · Married on 09/14/2019

Nothing less than perfect

DJ Joey A was nothing less than perfect! We found him through wedding wire. He was very quick to respond, he answered all of our questions and he even helped designed our day of flow chart. While we ran into a couple issues not related to Joey, he was fantastic in helping keep the flow of our wedding going and upbeat. We will absolutely refer him to every single person we know looking for a DJ as well as hire him for any future events we may have. Thank you again Joey for the absolutely perfect time!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Leann

Leann Steffes · Married on 09/08/2019

Wedding day DJ

Joey was highly recommended - and for good reason! He was the first vendor we booked for my daughter's wedding. Throughout the year and a half of planning, Joey was never a worry - and always responded quickly and positively, no matter how large or small the request.
    He was organized and thoughtful, and kept the day going and in track. And the music!! He kept the dancers dancing! Best DJ ever!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Kenzies42

Kenzies42 · Married on 09/08/2019

More than I could have dreamed!

DJ Joey was a FANTASTIC dj. I didn't realize how much a good dj really does until working with him. Obviously the music was fantastic, he was incredibly professional and friendly. He got people dancing, knew exactly when to cut a song that wasn't working, just a music genius! 10/10 worth every penny.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Keith

Keith Lewinski · Married on 08/08/2019

The Perfect Compliment to Our Special Day

DJ Joey A’s wedding services made our special day. The photography and videography captured the days special moments. Joey A’s music mix kept everyone dancing the night away. We highly recommend his services as the perfect compliment to your wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Maria

Maria Ritter · Married on 08/03/2019

The best of the best!

DJ JOEY A was the absolute best deejay that we could ask for! Only a few days after getting engaged, my aunt called me up and said that I HAD to check out DJ JOEY A because she had been to a few weddings that he had done and she loved him. Of course, I took her advice - reached out and brought a bridesmaid to meet Joey. He was perfect from the beginning! Very professional and inviting. Very organized and detail oriented - which was super important for me as I was a very nervous, type A bride. Joey never once complained when I would ask a million questions, he became friends with me on facebook and we would chat like friends! The wedding day was perfect - from our entrance song to getting everyone on the dance floor - it was a blast! He played music for all ages and constantly checked in with Dean and I throughout the night. Plus, he took a video of our night and gave us a sneak peak the next day! Something we did not even ask for and he went above and beyond and now that video is something I will treasure for a lifetime. Thank you so much for everything! We would recommend DJ JOEY A to anyone getting married and wanting to have a great time!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Claire

Claire Shea · Married on 06/22/2019

The best of the best

We found out about DJ Joey A from another DJ, and honestly hiring him was the best decision we made for the whole wedding. Our wedding was the most fun wedding I've ever been to, and I can honestly say it was due to DJ Joey. He knows how to read the room and play the perfect song for the moment, when to speed things up or slow things down. He played a mix of oldies and top 40 crowd pleasers and mixed things in insane ways that got the people going. The dance floor was full the entire night and everyone from the young kids to our 86 year old grandma were out there having the best time. So many people came up to us after the wedding and commented how great he was. Not only is he amazing at his job, he is the kindest, most upbeat person. He did an excellent job MCing and making sure the night ran smoothly. He also gave us some bonus video footage and some aerial drone shots--just amazing! I hope we can throw an anniversary party just so we can jam out to DJ Joey again. Highly, highly recommended. Hire him and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Kimberly Sitler · Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing!

Where to even start?! Joey has deejayed MANY of our friends weddings and we knew right away we’d want him to do ours when the time came 🙂 Joey made sure to schedule an in person meeting and phone conference to ensure we were all on the same page with how we wanted our day to be. He got to our wedding hours before the ceremony to ensure everything was set up properly and that just really showed he cared. He went above and beyond to make our day PERFECT.

We don’t just consider Joey our DJ, but a good friend of ours. He is so professional and kind! He isn’t your typical wedding DJ, he takes great pride in what he does and it shows. Our wedding would not have been the same without him! Thank you for making our day so memorable.

Love,
    The Sitler’s

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Mai

Mai · Married on 06/01/2019

Get ready to party!

When we sat down and chose our top 3 must have, a great DJ made that list and DJ Joey was amazing! From the moment we met him, we knew our search was over. He was very professional and made us feel very comfortable. He was able to accommodate all of our needs with traditional music from both sides of the family. He kept the whole evening on track and made sure we got everything we wanted. Our family and friends raved about how fun the wedding was because most of them never left the dance floor. Bonus- we got a wedding sneak peek video from him the very next day on social media so we could both relive the night and see how much fun everyone had! We highly recommend DJ Joey for all your deejaying needs! Make sure you bring your dancing shoes because you’ll be dancing the night away!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/20/2019

Extraordinary! The best decision!

Like many others, when we were engaged, the first decision was easy. We had to contact Dj Joey A and get on his schedule. We didn’t even have a for sure date, and wanted to make sure we chose a date he would be available. We did find a date perfect for us, and as expected, Joey made it the special day we hoped for.

Choosing your Dj is probably equally or more important than your venue. Joey definitely knows how to read his crowd and keep them going. Whatever your style, your requests, he gets it and takes it beyond. He even accommodated a last-minute special request two days beforehand, that changed the flow order, flawlessly. We had tons of compliments on how much fun our wedding was and how much it was enjoyed.

That’s just one thing Joey is known for. Eric and Joey have been friends for a long time. So we also knew the type of person we were hiring. A dependable, honest, man of integrity, with a deep love for his family, and a passion for his work. Joey’s level of professionalism far exceeds others you will find in the industry. Whatever he has before him, he goes out of his way, above and beyond what is asked or expected, to be sure you are happy and your event is memorable.

Joey, thank you again for everything, our day was amazing in large part because of you.

Eric & Heather Eidemiller 4/20/19

Sent on 07/10/2019

Katharyn · Married on 03/09/2019

Best Day Ever!

After attending a wedding with DJ Joey A, we knew instantly we had to have him DJ our special day! He did not disappoint! The dance floor was full the entire night! We had the absolute best time and have received countless compliments about how fun the wedding was! Even now, a month later, our friends and family are still talking about it! One of the things we loved about DJ Joey A was how genuinely happy he was for our special day and truly wanted to make it the best day for us. Joey is so much more than a DJ. He also provided our ceremony music and did a phenomenal job. He was so professional throughout the entire process and helped us work through song selections and announcements with ease. He is so knowledgeable and offered suggestions to songs we hadn’t even though of. He helped us create a flow for the evening allowing us to truly relax and enjoy ourselves! We absolutely loved the video he put together as well. We have watched it at least a dozen times! It is such a sweet extra that we will cherish! We have and will continue to recommend DJ Joey A to anyone whether it be a wedding or special event!!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Ashley · Married on 01/26/2019

Best day ever.

Joey definitly made sure our wedding was so much fun! We can truly say it was the best day of our life and we owe it to him! He is so stressfree and helps your day run smooth. He had everyone out on the dance floor for the entire reception! He played such a good variety and reads the crowd very well! We have guests still 2 months after telling us how awesome our dj was! We had the best day and night thanks to you Joey! We would recommend you to everyone!!

Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Amy

Amy Borkus · Married on 01/19/2019

Beyond what I imagined!

When Pat and I got engaged, we knew right away that we wanted Joey A as our DJ. I had been in a friends wedding years ago, where he was the DJ and he did such an awesome job, Pat’s sister had him as their DJ and my sister recently tried to get him for her wedding but he was already booked.
    From the second we met with him, he made us feel super comfortable. Neither one of us had ever booked a DJ for anything so we didn’t know what to expect or even what questions to ask. Joey was super organized and guided us through the whole experience. He made us feel at ease with our song choices, time line of our wedding day and just in general about how everything was going to run so smoothly. And he absolutely delivered.
    Our reception was SO much fun! The dance floor was so packed the entire night. I saw people dancing that I’ve never seen dance before. Joey really plays to your audience to keep them on their feet the entire night. People are still talking about the great music, and memory’s made at our wedding. I would, without a doubt recommend Joey A to anyone getting married. Thank you Joey!!!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Natalie · Married on 12/08/2018

My fiancé and I first met DJ Joey when we were checking out a wedding venue. He was setting up for a wedding and my fiancé walked over to chat with him. Immediately, we were impressed with his professionalism and passion for his job. He is incredibly genuine and you can tell he just loves what he does! We contacted him shortly after and set up a consultation. Within minutes of the consultation, we knew he was going to be our DJ and make our wedding a great time! The mash up CD he gave us was fantastic — I loved how he mixed up oldies with newer music. On top of DJing, he was videoing and taking pictures of our whole night. We were so impressed with how involved he had gotten our guests as well. We definitely would recommend DJ JOEY to everyone — worth every penny!

Sent on 10/09/2018

ann marie · Married on 12/08/2018

Hire DJ Joey A

DJ Joey A was AMAZING to work with. We met with him at our venue, again in person and once more over the phone to ensure that everything was perfect for our big day! The dance floor was packed the entire night. He also took pictures, and video throughout the night. The next day we received a 3 minute video of our reception. It was an added bonus and made me feel better about not having a videographer at our wedding. I would use him over and over again! So many people complimented us on our DJ and his choice of music.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Alayna Pressel · Married on 11/10/2018

You need DJ Joey A for your wedding!

What more can I say than you need DJ Joey A for your wedding day! When my husband Mitchell and I were starting to plan our special day, we didn't know where to look when it came to a DJ for the reception. We put out feelers on social media and DJ Joey A's name came up multiple times! I had friends that got married recently and used Joey for their wedding and they all raved about their experience. From the beginning, going over the flow chart of the reception, Joey always responded promptly with any questions or concerns I had which was comforting with all the other wedding planning going on. When it came to the big day, all I can say is WOW. From his professionalism during the whole evening, all the reception festivities flowed smoothly and timely (first dances/speeches/cake cutting/etc), all our guests were happy and dancing the whole night--we couldn't have asked for a better evening. Even when Mitchell and I had some personal issues that came up while planning, Joey was accommodating for those unexpected hardships. That meant so much to Mitchell and I. He is not only a a great entertainer and made our special night amazing, we gained a forever friend.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Teresa Sheko · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best of the Best!

A DJ is one of the most important components to a wedding- as they are essentially leading your event. I first met Joey when he was playing locally, and could see his passion and commitment to music before he even started doing weddings. When I saw that Joey started to do weddings, I said to myself “he’s going to spin my wedding” and I wasn’t even engaged yet! He’s that good. I stayed to my word and had Joey at our Nov 2018 wedding and it was the best decision of my wedding planning experience! He managed to keep my dance floor packed, and accommodated all age groups at all times. Our wedding would not have been the same without him! I highly recommend Joey A- as he took the time to meet with us beforehand and communicate our wedding plans in detail along the way, always putting the client first! We are forever grateful to have had Joey lead our wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Lauren · Married on 11/02/2018

Eastern Market- Best DJ EVER!

Joey was amazing to work with! He was so professional throughout the planning experience and helped us in every way possible. Joey had wonderful suggestions for music and put my mind to ease when explaining how the night will run smoothly! The night went by so fast and so many people danced the night away thanks to Joey's awesome DJ services! My family and friends have been talking about the music since we left Eastern Market. It was a friendly club atmosphere that was appropriate for all ages. We cannot thank Joey enough and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Joey A is an industry leader! I met him years ago during my stint in the bar industry, he was our Thursday night guy who always kept the dance floor packed! I knew he was the DJ for my big day, and I am so grateful he was free the day of my wedding. Joey was 100% professional and organized through out all of the preparation process, and organized, cool and collected the day of our wedding. Joey does so much more than DJ, he leads you through your day seamlessly. He was such a huge help that day, and really enabled us to just relax and enjoy our celebration. Joey tailored everything to our tastes and personality, while keeping the party hoppin'! I always hoped my wedding would have a packed dance floor, and Joey delivered. On top of his top notch DJ and MC skills, Joey made an incredibly amazing video montage of the whole day. It was so touching, I am so incredibly happy with it. It brought happy tears to my eyes. I know I will continue to re-watch it fondly for years to come!

In addition, if you are looking for a photographer, go with one of Joey's recommendations. Joey hooked us up with Zaneta, and we could not be happier! Zaneta was amazing, great eye for details, setting up great shots, the perfect combo of professionalism and loads of fun! I would also highly recommend booking Zaneta as well if you have the opportunity, you won't be sorry!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

All I have to say is stop looking—this is your DJ! DJ Joey A was the first vendor we booked after getting engaged knowing he would be amazing after a referral. Amazing doesn’t even describe the service he provided during the preparation prior and on our wedding day. Joey made sure he knew our bridal party and family, selected the songs we liked and created a timeline for our day. We truly had the party of our life thanks to DJ Joey A. I don’t think there was one person in the room sitting down during our reception. You will be more than happy with your choice to have him at your wedding. Thank you DJ Joey A!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Jon

Jon · Married on 09/15/2018

When you book DJ Joey A, you're getting a lot more than a DJ

When you book DJ Joey A, you're getting a lot more than someone playing music and handling the mic. You're getting someone that has extensive experience to help you make sure your reception runs smoothly. With so many things going on during our wedding night, Joey made us feel at ease. He helped us set up our tentative reception schedule (down to the minute) and directed our huge wedding party and primary/secondary sponsors (had over 40 people in that part of the reception alone). He was promptly there for us anytime we had a question or concern. For example, we had a few surprise performances and speeches from family members, but he incorporated it into the program so seamlessly that nobody was able to tell. Going into our reception, our worst fear was not being able to enjoy the wedding because of unforeseen issues but Joey's proactiveness enabled us to cherish every second of our special night. The 90's-2000s hip-hop tracks that he spun topped it all off. He even created a video for us! We still have people telling us how amazing our wedding reception was and we credit Joey with a huge part of that. Thank you DJ Joey A!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Madelyn Faur · Married on 08/24/2018

Unforgettable!

My guests are still talking about our wedding as an all around unforgettable experience! We had fun, every age group was accounted for- and we were on the dance floor the entire night!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Kaitlin · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Joey A was the best thing to happen to our wedding! We originally had hired a band to handle all the music for our wedding, but two weeks before the wedding we found out they were actually only able to play for 2 hours during the reception, leaving us without music for the other 5 hours, including the ceremony! Luckily we found DJ Joey A! Although he was already scheduled at a club, he found someone to cover to personally DJ our wedding, and even worked with our budget. Sensing our stress levels, Joey became a friend instantly by assisting every way he possibly could. He even contacted all our vendors to coordinate and make the day run flawlessly. He is not just a DJ but a therapist/miracle worker/amazing human being. He knew the songs and vibes we were going for even though we didn't, and found our unusual song requests with very little to go off like "that one cover sang by the guy with red hair."

The dance floor was packed then entire time he was mixing, and we received so many rave reviews about him from the guests! I can honestly say that I would never hesitate to hire him again, and he is our only choice for a DJ in the future... even if he was triple the price and became the most expensive option out there! He is worth every single penny and then some! Luckily for everyone, its clear he is not in this for the money, but because he is passionate about his profession and loves to share his talent to ensure your event as stress free and amazing as possible!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Danielle · Married on 08/18/2018

Joey had another event planned the night of my wedding so he couldn't DJ it but he recommended his partner, Rickey. I went to The Hub to watch Rickey live. As soon as I walked in, I knew that Rickey was a perfect fit for our wedding. He didn't know I was coming to watch him or what my musical tastes were & he played almost every artist on my playlist, from Top 40, to classic dance tunes, to 90s & 2000s hits & hip hop, to Madonna, Michael Jackson, & beyond. He was just as fantastic at the wedding! I had so many guests come up to me at the wedding & tell me how amazing Rickey was! He had the dance floor packed all night long! He played all of the songs on my list, all requests of my guests, & his own selections in the middle. He was smiling all night & looked like he was having a great time too! Joey's event got cancelled so he ended up attending my wedding with Rickey & making a short video of the ceremony & reception, which was absolutely perfect. Joey offered top notch service from the day I hired him. He called me right away to go over all of the details, song choices, timeline, & even offered me a list of the 50 most popular songs for every category/event in the day/evening to help with song choice ideas. We spoke often via email, text, phone & messenger to go over all the details to make sure that our day was perfect. I would hire Joey & Rickey for any event I have in the future in a heartbeat! Thank you for the incredible talent & stellar customer service!

Sent on 09/19/2018