DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services Reviews

167 | Southgate, MI

167 Reviews for DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services

167 DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services Reviews

Natalie · Getting married on 12/08/2018

My fiancé and I first met DJ Joey when we were checking out a wedding venue. He was setting up for a wedding and my fiancé walked over to chat with him. Immediately, we were impressed with his professionalism and passion for his job. He is incredibly genuine and you can tell he just loves what he does! We contacted him shortly after and set up a consultation. Within minutes of the consultation, we knew he was going to be our DJ and make our wedding a great time! The mash up CD he gave us was fantastic — I loved how he mixed up oldies with newer music. On top of DJing, he was videoing and taking pictures of our whole night. We were so impressed with how involved he had gotten our guests as well. We definitely would recommend DJ JOEY to everyone — worth every penny!

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Joey A is an industry leader! I met him years ago during my stint in the bar industry, he was our Thursday night guy who always kept the dance floor packed! I knew he was the DJ for my big day, and I am so grateful he was free the day of my wedding. Joey was 100% professional and organized through out all of the preparation process, and organized, cool and collected the day of our wedding. Joey does so much more than DJ, he leads you through your day seamlessly. He was such a huge help that day, and really enabled us to just relax and enjoy our celebration. Joey tailored everything to our tastes and personality, while keeping the party hoppin'! I always hoped my wedding would have a packed dance floor, and Joey delivered. On top of his top notch DJ and MC skills, Joey made an incredibly amazing video montage of the whole day. It was so touching, I am so incredibly happy with it. It brought happy tears to my eyes. I know I will continue to re-watch it fondly for years to come!

In addition, if you are looking for a photographer, go with one of Joey's recommendations. Joey hooked us up with Zaneta, and we could not be happier! Zaneta was amazing, great eye for details, setting up great shots, the perfect combo of professionalism and loads of fun! I would also highly recommend booking Zaneta as well if you have the opportunity, you won't be sorry!

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

All I have to say is stop looking—this is your DJ! DJ Joey A was the first vendor we booked after getting engaged knowing he would be amazing after a referral. Amazing doesn’t even describe the service he provided during the preparation prior and on our wedding day. Joey made sure he knew our bridal party and family, selected the songs we liked and created a timeline for our day. We truly had the party of our life thanks to DJ Joey A. I don’t think there was one person in the room sitting down during our reception. You will be more than happy with your choice to have him at your wedding. Thank you DJ Joey A!

DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 1
    DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 2

Kaitlin · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Joey A was the best thing to happen to our wedding! We originally had hired a band to handle all the music for our wedding, but two weeks before the wedding we found out they were actually only able to play for 2 hours during the reception, leaving us without music for the other 5 hours, including the ceremony! Luckily we found DJ Joey A! Although he was already scheduled at a club, he found someone to cover to personally DJ our wedding, and even worked with our budget. Sensing our stress levels, Joey became a friend instantly by assisting every way he possibly could. He even contacted all our vendors to coordinate and make the day run flawlessly. He is not just a DJ but a therapist/miracle worker/amazing human being. He knew the songs and vibes we were going for even though we didn't, and found our unusual song requests with very little to go off like "that one cover sang by the guy with red hair."

The dance floor was packed then entire time he was mixing, and we received so many rave reviews about him from the guests! I can honestly say that I would never hesitate to hire him again, and he is our only choice for a DJ in the future... even if he was triple the price and became the most expensive option out there! He is worth every single penny and then some! Luckily for everyone, its clear he is not in this for the money, but because he is passionate about his profession and loves to share his talent to ensure your event as stress free and amazing as possible!

Danielle · Married on 08/18/2018

Joey had another event planned the night of my wedding so he couldn't DJ it but he recommended his partner, Rickey. I went to The Hub to watch Rickey live. As soon as I walked in, I knew that Rickey was a perfect fit for our wedding. He didn't know I was coming to watch him or what my musical tastes were & he played almost every artist on my playlist, from Top 40, to classic dance tunes, to 90s & 2000s hits & hip hop, to Madonna, Michael Jackson, & beyond. He was just as fantastic at the wedding! I had so many guests come up to me at the wedding & tell me how amazing Rickey was! He had the dance floor packed all night long! He played all of the songs on my list, all requests of my guests, & his own selections in the middle. He was smiling all night & looked like he was having a great time too! Joey's event got cancelled so he ended up attending my wedding with Rickey & making a short video of the ceremony & reception, which was absolutely perfect. Joey offered top notch service from the day I hired him. He called me right away to go over all of the details, song choices, timeline, & even offered me a list of the 50 most popular songs for every category/event in the day/evening to help with song choice ideas. We spoke often via email, text, phone & messenger to go over all the details to make sure that our day was perfect. I would hire Joey & Rickey for any event I have in the future in a heartbeat! Thank you for the incredible talent & stellar customer service!

amber · Married on 08/12/2018

Dj Joey A was pneonominal ! I would recommend him if your looking for an amazing Dj for any event ! Thanks again !

Natalie · Married on 07/28/2018

DJ Joey and I go back from when he did my sister’s wedding seven years ago, which was the day I said he would be my DJ for my wedding one day. After discovering his talent and skills from my sister’s wedding, my friends and I always enjoyed a night out at Mr. B’s, as we would make sure we went on a Friday, when we knew DJ Joey would be there. After no hesitations or considering other DJ’s, Joey was the very first wedding vendor I reached out to during my wedding planning and I am pleased to say after seven years I kept my word!! On 7.28.2018, my husband and I experienced the greatest day of our lives and DJ Joey has a lot to do with that, and we can never thank him enough.
    Joey remained professional, attentive to all our questions and needs, and never left us with any worries or concerns during the planning and/or the wedding day. Even when he was busy with other events or a wedding, he always responded that he will get back to me ASAP. Not only does that tell me that he remained loyal to my husband and I, but that also shows that whatever customer he is dealing with at the present moment, is his priority. It is impossible to plan a wedding completely stress-free and you will not always have the most pleasant experience with every single wedding vendor, as I have experienced hands-on. However, I assure that DJ Joey will be that 100% stress-free company, hands down!
    Joey also hooked us up with a great videographer named Z. She was absolutely phenomenal!! She remained engaged with my husband and I, as well as our bridal party.
    As, I look back on our wedding day there is nothing I would change, as I describe our special day as “perfection”. We all know the DJ makes the reception and DJ Joey did just that, and beyond. If you are planning a wedding and want that perfect reception, there is no better DJ to go with! We all know how reviews work, a lot of company’s reach out to you to

Erin · Married on 07/21/2018

When choosing a DJ for our wedding our #1 choice was DJ Joey A, we didnt look into any other DJ's, his services were used for our nieces sweet 16 party and we knew then that's who we wanted to use for our wedding. We were looking for someone who would be able to provide services for both our ceremony and reception and he definitely delivered. He was extremely receptive to all of our suggestions for the ceremony and reception. He provided us with a monogram which was very beautiful. He catered to all the different types of crowds that were at the wedding, and he even did announcements for us to remind everyone to sign our guest book and to take a parting gift. The uplighting was beautiful, the music was great all night long and everyone had a great time!! I will definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone!! And I will definitely be using his services in the future!! If you want a DJ who will perform beyond all your expectations then this is the person to use!!! Thank you for being the best DJ possible and for providing excellent service!! You da best!

DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 3
    DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 4
    DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 5
    DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 6
    DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 7
    DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 8

Jon · Married on 07/07/2018

Joey was the first vendor we contacted after getting engaged. We had been to a few weddings he played and knew our special day wouldn’t be half of what it could be without him. The world should know we picked our date based on his availability, and needless to say he outdid even our highest expectations. Right from the start, he guided us through everything flawlessly. We had a lengthy phone conference at the beginning of the wedding planning period, and Joey was eager to meet with us in person as well. He even took our phone call on the Fourth of July to discuss a few things before the weekend. He’s not just a DJ, but a total package of mic, photography and videography skills. Joey put together a flowchart down to the minute of how all the events of the evening would play out, and on the actual wedding day, he kept us on schedule. All of our outlandish requests (we had a Game of Thrones wedding!) were met with enthusuiasm and no questions asked; his booming radio voice flowing through the hall as we were introduced only pumped the crowd up more! His flexibility throughout the night to play songs requested only shows how deep his catalogue goes, and because of his knowledge on a broad range of music genres, was able to get everybody on the dance floor, even our 92 year old uncle! Not only that, but the party lasted until 1am and he had the floor packed the entire time, no exaggeration. We hired him as our DJ/MC, but it was a pleasant surprise when, in under 24 hours, he had a full video montage of the reception, complete with all of our favorite moments. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding night, and we’re so glad he was there to capture it all! We’re honored to give him his 150th(!!!) 5-Star review on Wedding Wire, he certainly deserves it. #SevenSevenAtSeven

• Stacia

Stacia · Married on 06/30/2018

As a bride, my biggest fear was that I would spend a year and a half planning, only to have it fall apart in the last four hours because the DJ didn’t know what they were doing. Nothing is more heartbreaking than attending a wedding that a couple spent their time, money, and effort in planning- just to have an awkward reception where no one dances! I’ve been to these weddings. I had a fear this would BE my wedding. Fortunately for us, we found DJ Joey. Please, do yourself a favor and HIRE DJ JOEY A!
    I usually like to make a ‘pro and con’ list to figure out decisions - but with DJ Joey A, there are no cons except for the fact that you will be sad your wedding is over - he will make your party such a great success. After two months, we are still getting comments about how much fun our wedding was.
    We had a multicultural wedding (I’m American, my husband is Mexican), and everyone felt included and the dance floor was never empty once. Can I make myself clearer? HIRE HIM NOW!

Heather · Married on 06/09/2018

I have been an actual fan of Joey's for over a decade, back when he had a regular slot on local radio. Imagine my surprise when I realized he DJ'd weddings & the bigger surprise when I realized we had a mutual friend whose wedding he DJ'd & who was gracious enough to refer me to him for our wedding! From day 1, Joey was professional, easy-going, & so very helpful. His services were more than a DJ, but also that of a wedding planner. Joey did two site walk-throughs & created the flow chart for our entire day. Without him & his knowledge & creativity, our wedding day would have been way-less-organized & amazing. We're still receiving compliments on the music selection & Joey's ability to keep the dance floor full & our guests boogie-ing all night long; not to mention the compliments on his wonderful videography & aerial photography. I've referred many couples to Joey & will continue to do so because, to us, he is, was, & always will be the best DJ around!

DJ JOEY A Wedding DJ Services 9

Ryan · Married on 05/27/2018

DJ Joey A was probably the best I booked for my wedding. Not only is he an amazing DJ and knows how to read the crowd and get them hype, but he also is like a wedding planner making sure we were coordinated and on time for dinner and speeches and dances. I had English and Spanish music and he blended the genres so perfectly. He also helped me in things that I didn't even think about or forgot and gave me confidence when I was worried something may go wrong. He is so easy to get a hold of and responds to every and all questions the same or next day. He also does a one-on-one meeting a few months before the event. I am so happy I booked him and if I did it all over again I would book him again and again. He also does a video which was amazing since I didn't book a videographer and he gave me a copy at no extra cost. I loved having him at my wedding.

Kaylee · Married on 05/26/2018

Joey A you are THE BEST! LOVE

Kaylee · Married on 05/25/2018

Where do I even begin! Joey is an amazing guy and an even more amazing DJ, he was so helpful with everything always returned our phone calls and always made us feel like we were top priority! He knows how to really read the crowd and keep the dance floor packed! Absolutely amazing all around and you will not regret it! I will be telling everyone about him! Thank you Joey! You’re awesome!!!

Katlyn · Married on 05/18/2018

DjJoeyA was the BEST DEEJAY! I would recommend him to anyone! He made our whole night run smooth, it wouldn’t have been the same without him! We have had so many compliments on how awesome he was, how he made people get up out of their seat and dance when they don’t normally dance! He had the whole crowd moving and grooving all night! He was on point with each stage of the reception, keeping us on track when we needed to be with the garter toss and speeches etc. I want to have another party just so he can Deejay it! And talk about professional, he is a true master at his craft! Thank you thank you thank you DjJoeyA, you are amazing!

Anna · Married on 05/12/2018

We were so lucky to find Joey! He was so responsive and willing to answer all of our questions. He is a true professional and an awesome DJ and we couldn't have found a better guy for our big day! Thank you!!

kelly · Married on 05/12/2018

Djjoeya made our wedding day that much better. He played great music and had the crowd going the whole night. The dance floor was crowded all night long. He was so wonderful to work with! I would recommend him to anyone for their wedding day

Taylor · Married on 05/05/2018

We could not be happier with the experience we had with DJ JOEY A! I read so many excellent reviews about Joey before booking him, but nothing written here truly captures the quality of service and talent that you receive when you welcome him to your wedding. From our first conversation, Joey was so professional, personable, and he had wonderful suggestions. In our meetings, Joey had great mixes and song suggestions for every step of the night. We had a 500+ wedding where Joey was alternating sets with a traditional band. He collaborated beautifully with them and didn't blink and eye when it came to the extra work it involved. He also is incredible at reading the crowd and getting everyone hyped at the reception. We almost 40 people participate in our grand entrance, and Joey pumped up the crowd and announced all of the ethnic names perfectly. Joey will deliver exactly what he promises and works so hard to not just be a resource of great jams, but also someone who helps keep the reception running smoothly. He is the absolute best. As all of these amazing reviews have affirmed, hire Joey A for your big day!!!!

Greg · Married on 04/28/2018

Joey was AMAZING! He took the time to get to know us on a personal level and created a playlist that perfectly matched our style. He was so responsive and great at listening to our needs. Joey is a true professional in every sense of the word and he absolutely rocked our wedding - making it an evening that we'll never forget.

Brian · Married on 04/27/2018

Working with Joey was an absolute delight and would highly recommend booking his services. Whether it be a party, an event, or your wedding I can’t recommend Joey enough. He catered to everyone of our needs and requests and is very attentive and responsive.

Kalle · Married on 04/27/2018

DJ Joey was an asset to our wedding! He got everyone of all ages out dancing. We and our guests couldn’t be more happy with his expertise!

Andrew · Married on 10/27/2017

Joey A did a fantastic job at my wedding. He was very respectful and answered any questions that my wife and I had throughout the process. I was extremely happy with his performance and would do business with him again! Thanks for everything Joey A!

Chelsea · Married on 10/20/2017

Just WOW!!! First off we knew we needed joey for our big day the first night we heard him spin at one of his club gigs downtown we had such a blast we were hooked! we reached out and booked him the same month we got engaged haha scooped him up quick! This man makes you feel like you are his only client, he responds to texts or fb message or emails so fast I swear he made this planning process so effortless I could not have asked for anything more! He coordinated things at the wedding with timing and other vendors to ensure everything ran seamlessly and it sure as heck did! He went way beyond our expectations and kept our dance floor full the whole night! My feet are still sore lol we can’t recemmond him enough truly, he has the best positive attitude and friendly demeanor as well. DJ Joey A will make your night so perfect trust me!!!! Book him as soon as you get engaged!!! Thank you joey for everything we are beyond grateful!!!!!

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

When planning our wedding, finding our dj was at the top of the list. We were so fortunate to have been referred to DJ Joey A! If you are as lucky as us and can snatch him up for your wedding date, you will find it will be one of the best decisions during your wedding process! From our initial meeting to the wedding night, he was professional, organized, personable and very knowledgeable in all aspects of the wedding day. When our wedding seemed to be rapidly approaching and I wanted to pull my hair out, Joey helped us create a perfect wedding day timeline. After we talked about the wedding day and all the wedding day events with him, I felt like I could breathe again. He was so good at creating a perfect flow for our day that when it came to the actual day, I felt everything just ran so smoothly. Joey was always asking us if we needed anything, letting us know what to expect next and keeping us on track with all of our wedding events. He also created the perfect mood in our venue with the uplighting. It was beautiful and brought all our decor together. When it came to the dancing, I just want to go back to that night! Our dance floor was never empty. We had groups of people all night on the dance floor and all generations! At one point I looked over and thought I was witnessing a dance battle between my father in law and my uncle! It was definitely a highlight of the night! Joey had everyone moving all night long! Everyone was so happy with all the songs he played and kept telling us how much fun they were having. If you choose Joey A you will be able to take a huge sigh of relief! He is the best and you will be making one of the best decisions booking him during the wedding planning!!! Thank you Joey A for such an incredible night!!!!