Divine & Elegant Events Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Hanna
    Hanna W. Married on 06/26/2021

Excellent day of coordinator!

Heather was a fantastic day of coordinator, and very reasonably priced. In advance of the wedding, Heather had multiple check-in conversations with us to plan out the day and brought up details we hadn't even considered. The day of, she made sure everyone needed to be where they were supposed to, kept the schedule on track, set and cleaned up all the decorations, etc. She was also very warm and personable and made us feel at ease. As a result of her organizational skills, the day went perfect and it was great not to worry about the details.

Hanna,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear you and Autumn felt at ease leading up to and for the day of your wedding. Both of you looked absolutely stunning and it was a pleasure to work with you.
    Nes Married on 10/12/2019

Bride enjoyed her wedding

I am so glad that I went with my gut to hire a wedding coordinator. Heather Patterson and Divine and Elegant Events is an excellent choice. Heather is so dedicated to her craft and provides intelligently personalized recommendations. My husband nor I are detail oriented. Through her meetings with us and our families, Heather understood what we wanted and gave us some simple detail suggestions, which were effortless to pull off.

Originally my mom did not want anyone outside our family to execute my wedding. However, once the wedding ceremony and reception were completed my mom stated, "I'm so grateful for Heather, because she allowed me to be a mother and enjoy the wedding instead of worrying over the things going wrong." I completely agree with my mom.

If you are struggling with wedding ideas, planning, or executing your wedding, I completely recommend hiring Heather Patterson and Divine and Elegant Events. She was a delight to work with and I truly enjoyed being a bride at my beautiful wedding.

Sincerely, the Colemans

Nes,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear your Mom was able to be a Mom and most importantly you was able to enjoy being a Bride at your wedding.

Best,
    Heather
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 06/02/2019

Great Experience!

Heather and her team did a great job with our wedding! She especially took control of unexpected situations. When our outdoor ceremony was rained (and hailed!) out by a freak storm only 30 minutes before starting, Heather helped with reorganizing everything to be pushed inside as we waited an hour for the ceremony to start. She got soaked helping coordinate putting everything inside - we couldn't be more thankful! Heather went above and beyond in setting up the spaces, organizing everything on the day of the wedding, and making sure things ran smoothly.

Amy,

Thank you! Yes, that storm did move in and out fast. This will definitely be a wedding to remember for years to come :-). It was a pleasure to work with you both.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 12/01/2018

Exactly what we needed!

Heather was PHENOMENAL! She was the perfect person to help us with our wedding day. We needed someone to keep things organized, make sure things started on time, help pack things up at the end of the day, and chat with vendors. She helped us with our timeline, helped prepare the room, the tables, and all of our decor. She even had her own tableware and decor that we could rent directly from her!! Our day was perfect and it was all thanks to her! I'll always recommend a day of coordinator or planner to anyone planning a wedding or event and I'll ALWAYS recommend Heather!

Sarah,

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure work with you both. This on my list of ones to remember for how beautiful everything was and being on my birthday :-)
  • Michael
    Michael Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was AMAZING!

Heather was incredible. Hiring her was literally the best decision we
    made in the endless number of decisions associated with our wedding
    planning. I can't say enough good things about her, but here are a few
    that come to mind:

1. She really cares: She actually turned into a friend throughout the
    wedding planning process, rather than just a wedding planner. She was
    personally invested in our wedding. Incredibly, she even spent some of her
    own money on things to help us some special touches. I was truly moved by
    how much she cared about us as people rather than clients. She's just a
    good genuine person.

2. Managing budget: Heather was conscious of our budget, and incredibly
    resourceful and creative in helping us save money. First, she had SO MANY
    things that she already owned and let us use at no cost (i.e., lanterns,
    seating chart, welcome sign, t-lights, commercial coffee brewers, gold
    charger plates, etc.). Second, she had really good ideas of where we could
    get quality things for low prices. For example, the weather looked like it
    was going to be cold for our outdoor wedding, and Heather showed us where
    we could buy 100 or so cute blankets for the guests for a few bucks each.

3. Value: the value of her services was phenomenal. We saw wedding
    planners charging MUCH more than Heather charges to do less than what
    Heather agreed to do for us. In addition, Heather did MUCH MORE than she
    agreed to do for us. We hired her for partial planning, and she went above
    and beyond in terms of her engagement and level of involvement (i.e.,
    preparing favors, running errands, etc.). Further, we changed the location
    of our wedding to a venue that was 200 miles away, and Heather was not only
    flexible enough to do that, but made multiple trips there at her own
    expense.

4. Flexible, dependable, and knowledgeable: We had many skype sessions
    with her for planning. She always worked around our busy schedule with
    scheduling times to talk, and even our last-minute cancellations and
    changes to our schedule. Heather was always professional--out of all of
    her calls and meetings we had, she was never a minute late for anything.
    Literally. She even experienced a family death shortly before our wedding,
    and she somehow didn't miss a beat with us. She was on point
    professionally and knows what she's doing.

5. Fun: Heather is fun! We had a good time talking to her in our many
    skype meetings throughout the planning process. We even had her breaking
    it down on the dance floor at our wedding :)

Michael,

Thank you SO MUCH! It has been a pleasure getting to know you and Kelsey! Also, I can't forget about Coby and Shadow! Looking forward to seeing you soon!!
    Holly Married on 10/22/2017
    Divine & Elegant Events did an outstanding job as our Day of Wedding coordinator!! Not a single detail was overlooked or missed, and her warm smile was infectious. I HIGHLY recommend them!!

Thank you so much!!!
    Jessica Married on 09/23/2017
    Pick Heather! This was the best decision I ever made and the best money spent for my wedding. Being an over anxious bride, I had such anxiety about everything having to be perfect. After meeting for the first time, I had so much confidence in Heather that ever detail was as I wanted it. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to help me!

Thank you Jessica!!
    Tanya Married on 09/10/2017
    Everything was perfect and very beautiful we loved it

Divine & Elegant Events's reply:

Thank you! Glad you both enjoyed your special day!
    Joan Married on 09/03/2017
    My daughter and I hired Heather and Divine and Elegant Events for "Day-of Coordination". The quality of Heather's services far exceeded my expectations. Believe me, the cost of her services was really money well-spent. Truly, she made all the difference between a well-run, fun wedding and one that would have come off as not organized. A warm thanks to Heather and her team. First class, ALL the way.

Divine & Elegant Events's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Divens! It was a pleasure to work with you and Molly in creating a special day.
    Ashley Married on 06/25/2017
    My now husband & I cannot speak highly enough about Heather at Divine & Elegant Events. From the initial contact to the wedding that went off without a hitch to the handwritten thank you letter we received in the mail after all services were rendered, we could not ask for more. We initially hired Heather for partial wedding planning but realized very quickly that she is capable of so much more! She not only assisted in the planning of our wedding but also took care of the decor & floral arrangements for our wedding. Additionally, we utilized her services for our rehearsal as well as the rehearsal dinner. There are so many details that one planning a wedding does not think about. During our planning & check in meetings, Heather made sure to present a variety of topics of discussion that really put things in perspective. I can honestly admit that I had no reason to be stressed during the process as any questions or concerns that I posed were readily addressed. I highly reccommend Divine & Elegant Events and will definitely use this company's services for any future events.
    Kara Married on 06/17/2017
    I am so happy I worked with Heather & her team at Divine & Elegant Events! There is nothing she can't handle, & nothing she doesn't think of. My reception venue was a unique space in the back of a restaurant, and she noticed so many things. Like, "kids shouldn't be back here because it's a safety hazard;" and "it makes more sense to do tables like this..., " etc. My photographer, who has decades of experience leading weddings and making timelines, was like "Your coordinator is awesome!" Despite managing all things vendor and decor, at the church, I felt like she managed to be two places at once. She came down to me pre-ceremony and was like "It's 4:07, not quite all your guests are here, do you want to start anyway?" YES! Like, how do you notice that and manage to find me as I run from mirror to mirror to check my bride self out? :-) Amidst ensuring everything else?

I can't say enough great things. Her assistant left with a SMILE on her face after the reception. I am sure she was happy the long day was over, but she was not upset, tired, or angry (or at least she didn't show it). She seemed genuinely happy to have helped us pull off a successful event!

I am so glad I didn't go with one of those bigger companies that over-promises and under-delivers and gets kickbacks for promoting their vendor friends. I love the personalized attention and care that I got from Divine & Elegant Events! My wedding would not have been nearly as successful without D&E and Heather!

Kara,

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure and honor to be there for your special day!
    Tarsha Married on 07/09/2016
    There are not enough words that I can say about Heather! All I can say is that she is totally awesome! She knows her business and she truly, truly cares about her customers. She came in and took me from being a frustrated bride to help me become a beautiful, stress-free bride! I am actually trying to to find something else to do just so she can plan it.
  • User2368755 2+ years ago
    Heather was wonderful to work with. Her attention to detail and remembering each and every detail like it was her own wedding day was so amazing. I just used her for day of wedding coordination and the day could not have gone smoother. Thank you!
    Christiana Married on 10/12/2014
    Heather was the most amazing planner out there! She provided me with centerpiece items so that I did not have to go out buying a million votives (and many other things) for just one day. But the best thing ever, she SAVED our wedding! Our pastor who traveled from NC to VA to perform our wedding, did not tell us until after the ceremony and just before the reception that he was not registered in VA to marry us. I was so mad, I refused to enter into the reception room. This was the very first question I asked him when we interviewed him. No more than a half hour later, Heather came to our rescue and found a local pastor who had us recite our vows for him via face time all over again. And again, I got to see my now husband tear up right in front of me. It was the most precious moment again. If it were not for her, our wedding date would not have gotten backdated to the Sunday we thought was perfect (for him to always remember) for us. 10-12-14 Heather went above and beyond! I cannot wait for the professional video and pictures so that I can really see what everything looked like. That day went by so quickly! Best day ever! Thanks Heather!!!
    Ariane Married on 12/28/2016
    Thank you Heather for coordinating our big day! You made it run smoothly and allowed us to enjoy it fully! I was impressed at how available you made yourself, and still grateful for all the extras you provided graciously : candles, runner, help with the flowers....
    we were lucky to have you!
    Jennifer Married on 11/14/2015
    Heather was great! She was basically on call and there to answer all my questions! She was flexible with meeting me and really went above and beyond! On the day-of, I had several guests tell me how they saw her running around and being attentive. I had total confidence that everything was getting done and was able to enjoy my wedding! The value was exceptional and I cannot recommend Heather enough!