Divine Celebrations Reviews

Divine Celebrations 4
Divine Celebrations 5
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/04/2013

My husband convinced me that I needed help in planning our daughter's wedding. He was right! Erin and her staff made some good recommendations for bands and transportation for guests. They handled the day of needs so that we could enjoy the special day!

Sent on 10/08/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2010

My husband and I had a tough year before our wedding and in July I had surgery. We hired Divine Celebrations because our wedding was in October and almost nothing was done. Divine Celebrations was worth every penny if not more for the AMAZING service. My husband and I had our fairy tale dream and it was all thanks to Erin and her team. They went above and beyond expectations!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Ginelle · Married on 08/23/2008

Divine Celebrations was a great team to work with. I communicated with Erin primarily via email which was great since ideas and thoughts would come to at all hours. She was very quick with responses and solutions. It took us a few conversations to agree/decide on what services of DC that I would utilize for my wedding since I had already selected a few vendors before hiring this particular event planner. I loved that Erin and her team were flexible with the changes I would suggest and she even recommended an excellent lighting vendor that was her suggestion as well. Although we discussed reception clean up, I think it could have gone smoother since a few of our centerpieces ended up getting thrown out. Overall, we were very satisfied with DC's timeliness, ability to manage the rehearsal and make sure our wedding day stayed on task!

Sent on 09/29/2008

Margo · Married on 07/29/2006

Erin was a wonderful person with which to work. We only had very minor things not go the way we had planned (normal life stuff), but overall the day was absolutely perfect. We could not have done it without Erin and the Divine Celebrations team. They were detail oriented, extremely punctual, and quite caring. I still get Christmas cards from Erin!!

Sent on 12/11/2007

Great service! I enjoyed working with Erin and her staff

Sent on 10/29/2014

Erin was always pleasant, quickly unerstood our needs and has a very useful set of vendors; a referral from Erin ensured positive vendor relationships.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Erin from Devine Celebrations was incredibly helpful and prepared for all scenarios. She made my life so much easier by helping me determine timelines, budgets, and by handling all of the day of issues while leaving me blissfully ignorant of any problems that occurred. I highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a great wedding planner!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Hina · Married on 06/03/2012

We hired Erin on about two months before the wedding to help coordinate all of our events. She was extremely helpful, giving great ideas about how to give our guests the best experience possible. She responds to emails quickly, and even when she doesn't know an answer to your question she won't stop until she finds one. Her impeccable organization helped the wedding go smoothly especially when inevitably things started to go wrong. The best part was, she gave us a really stress free experience on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Judy · Married on 08/25/2012

3.5

Erin was a great wedding planner! She was very nice and responsive, she fielded dozens of emails from me a day and always promptly returned my phone calls. One of her greatest qualities is her ability to calm you down and help you keep perspective. She understood from the start our vision of what we wanted our wedding to look like and she always recommended vendors who she thought would live up to that vision. This was one of the biggest reasons why we truly felt like we had our fairytale wedding. Erin is a great person to have in your corner while you plan one of the most stressful events of your life and I would recommend her wedding planning services to anyone in need of it. She and her team really alleviate alot of stress especially on the day of and they were a pleasure to work with!!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Carli · Married on 08/25/2018

3.0

We had a great experience working with Erin for our Hindu/Catholic wedding! We leaned on her expertise to help blend the 2 cultures and religions into 1 beautiful day of celebration. It was divine

Sent on 09/04/2018

Katie · Married on 05/31/2008

Divine Celebrations was an integral part of planning my wedding. They were especially helpful during the week leading up to the wedding; they stuffed bags, transported items & did other things to help take the load off of my family and me. On the day of, everything flowed SO smoothly. I didn't worry about anything, and didn't notice any problems or slip-ups, because they were taken care of in the background. It was very much appreciated!

Sent on 07/13/2009

Suhail · Married on 08/22/2015

4.2

Erin Calvimontes of Divine Celebrations is an absolute gem of a person! We had the opportunity to discuss the details of the wedding 5 months in advance and Erin has helped us plan out the entire wedding et all. Erin helped layout a detailed plan of action and followed up with everyone involved in order to get the job done on time and as discussed. Since ours was a destination wedding held in Pittsburgh, she greatly helped collaborate with all vendors and constantly kept us in loop with the finer details and changes (if any). She has a great network around Greater Pittsburgh Area and can get the job done even in a time constraint. We are very pleased to have gone with Erin, since she made managing our wedding a 'cake walk'. Erin Calvimontes is highly recommended!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Preethi · Married on 08/20/2016

2.6
      1.0
      1.5
      1.5

We hired Erin as a full time wedding planner for our wedding in August, and she “cut out early” during our cocktail hour without warning. I’d spent a year working with Erin on our big day, so I was extremely hurt and confused when she left. After all, she had told us while signing the contract that she doesn’t do two events in a weekend when she takes on an ‘inclusive tier’ wedding. As a result, I became the point person for many things that evening, which is the last thing you want when you hire an experienced professional to do the job.

We planned the wedding remotely and I soon realized that although she was great at email and answering questions, she wasn’t going to be the type of wedding planner who’d make sure we had our bases covered. We became concerned that that her lack of ownership was beginning to affect our confidence in her abilities on the wedding day, so we set up weekly checkins.

We had a few fiascos at the wedding, but mistakes happen. The only intentional/avoidable incident was Erin ‘cutting out early’ as we were about to enter the reception. Maybe she thought we were in good hands with her assistant Whitney, but it was extremely unprofessional to leave without warning, and with someone who we’d just met at the rehearsal.

I was sad after the wedding, so we called Erin to see what went wrong. A few weeks later, Erin sent us a 10 page document that detailed everything her team did, the fires she put out, even aired dirty laundry about vendors she’d blacklisted. While I was not interested in fighting over who’s part of the story was right, there was something missing from that doc on a human level. the part that goes ‘I’m sorry i chose to leave the wedding we planned together to set up for another one’.

The commitment to the wedding and overall integrity should be important to anyone who plans a wedding. We didn't want to harp on the things that went wrong, but our wedding was mismanaged by Erin, and then delegated without our consent.

Sent on 12/07/2016