Divine Catering Reviews

Divine Catering 1
Divine Catering 2
  • Aaron

Aaron Kier · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Great food, great service, great value!

So much more flexible and accommodating than any other catering vendor we considered. They keep it simple -- a few different levels of service to choose from with set price points, an array of suggested menus with the option to pick and choose individual items, plus optional add-ons. And the least expensive per person cost we'd found. VERY happy!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Divine Catering's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words, Aaron! It's been a pleasure working with you and Hugh. We are so excited to cater your wedding!

Best,

Rob Lester
  • James

James Horn · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Fantsatic!

We had a great experience, Rob was great and the staff was awesome. The food was perfect, not one thing would I want differently. They made it super easy. Class act!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Breanna Powers · Married on 09/29/2019

They are the best!

Divine Catering was so easy to work with! They were quick to respond to every question I had leading up to my wedding. On the big day, the staff was fabulous to work with! They made sure we actually sat down and ate, and the bartender even brought me water, she knew I needed it!
    Having great food at our reception was important to me and Divine knocked it out of the park. We received so many compliments from our guests on the food.
    I can’t thank them enough!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Hi Breanna!

Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you on your wedding and I am so happy to hear everything turned out so well! Thank you for choosing us and we wish you both the best!

- Rob Lester
    Sales and Events Manager
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 08/10/2019

Exceptional!

These guys are the real deal! Serving staff, bartending staff and chefs are all going above and beyond to make your special day the best it can be! The food was not only tasty, but BEAUTIFULLY presented and all my guests gushed about our 4 varieties of sliders and all the sides. We loved contacting Rob, and communicating with him was effortless. I am so thankful we went with them, they truly could not have done anything any better!

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Divine Catering 3

Hi Claire!

Thank you so much for the beautiful review! I had so much fun helping you plan your wedding! We wish you both nothing but the best!

- Rob Lester
    Sales and events Manager

Heather · Married on 07/13/2019

Excellent for wedding

I would highly recommend using divine catering for any function you have . They did great with my wedding . So many options to choose from amd so easy to work with . We never ran out of food they make sure there is enough plus more for the number of guest

Sent on 07/17/2019

Hi Heather!

Thank you for the wonderful compliment and review! We enjoyed catering your wedding and it was a pleasure working with you!

Best wishes,

Kassie · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Vendor!!!!

Divine catering was hands down one of my most favorite and easy to work with vendors that I had for my wedding. They were so responsive right from the beginning, so easy to work with and so nice and helpful! Everything prior to my wedding was so seamless and easy with Divine Catering and then they blew me away again at my wedding! The staff was incredible and brought to light my idea of having a "Graze Table" I love how it turned out. Not to mention the food was AMAZING and we got so many compliments! They also wrapped up all the left overs for us to take home which was such a nice touch! The staff checked in and made sure we had everything we needed all night. I cannot recommend Divine Catering enough for any event!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Divine Catering 4

Hi Kassie!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We loved catering your wedding for you and are so happy that you enjoyed the graze table! We wish you both nothing but the best!

Hannah Sanchez · Married on 02/09/2019

Exceptional Service & Food

Rob and the whole Divine Catering Team were absolutely amazing. Not only are their prices very fair and reasonable (especially for how good the food is), but the staff is great. Rob was always quick to respond to our questions, was very flexible with our requests and went above and beyond to make sure we understood what we were paying for and what we would be getting. The catering team the day of was fabulous. Rachel and her team were updating us when necessary but weren't bugging us, the food was PHENOMENAL so much so that everyone commented about it and the team was just super nice in congratulating us. The bartending staff was quick, super nice and very hilarious and willing to joke around with us and our friends that created some amazing memories. I can't say enough good things about Divine Catering and would 100% recommend them to other couples. Thank you Divine Team!!!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Hi Hannah!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for having us cater your wedding for you! I am so happy everyone enjoyed the food and the service. It was truly our pleasure to make this memorable for you. We wish you both nothing but the best!

Cindy Wilson · Married on 11/15/2018

Excellent & Amazing to Work With

Divine Catering catered my daughter's wedding on November 15, 2018. This is my first child married, so the process of hiring the perfect caterer seemed overwhelming...especially since I live in California. Upon contacting Divine, we received an immediate response from Jane who was extremely flexible arranging a tasting while I was visiting the Portland area. After researching several caterers, the brides easily selected Divine Catering for their special day. We were impressed by the menu selection and packages offered, and of course Jane’s responsiveness. As the wedding approached, I learned that Jane was no longer with Divine (she left to pursue a dream ☺). I panicked since she was extremely responsive and helpful. Rob took over for Jane and he was exceptional. I swamped him with questions and last minute requests (primarily by email). He always responded that same day (usually within an hour) and his patience was so appreciated. The day of the wedding, the Divine Catering staff arrived on time and set-up beautifully. Each Divine staff member was extremely professional, courteous, and highly skilled. They met every expectation, and more. The food was amazing. The brides chose an endless antipasto appetizer, along with flatiron steak with horseradish dipping sauce, salmon with grilled peach and avocado salsa, mixed green salad with mango and avocado dressing, pesto pasta, and lemon butter asparagus. The guests raved about the food (and still talking about it) – it was fabulous! And we included cake service, which went off without a hitch. Cleanup was seamless and unintrusive. As worried as I was throughout this process, including other negative reviews (I have no idea what those were about unless it was another caterer), it couldn’t have been more perfect. Thank you again to Rob for being so accommodating and incredible. If you’re looking for amazing food, professional staff and a company that will make your event memorable, please call Rob at Divine Catering right away.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Divine Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Cindy! It was a pleasure to cater for your daughter's wedding. Thank you for having us there and we wish you all the best!

- Rob
  • Carolyn

Carolyn A Lembke · Married on 10/01/2018

Flexible, Budget-friendly, and Tasty!

Divine Catering absolutely rocked our wedding earlier this month! We had trouble with a couple of other caters - one who canceled on us, and another that we were having to make too many compromises - and Rob and his team came through for us at the last minute and took care of every detail. We ended up getting the vegetarian family-style meal that we wanted and even our mostly-meat-eating friends and family are still raving about the food.

Divine’s menus were clearly laid out and it was really easy to find something that fit our budget. They were more than happy to switch out a couple things for us and Rob was great at making some recommendations.

The service on our wedding day was perfect. The servers were very accommodating and professional. Our centerpieces at each table were cakes, and I realized part way through dinner that I had forgotten to work out any details with the team as to how we wanted to do the cake cutting (Do I need to ask for cake service wear for each table? When is a good time to drop dessert plates for everyone? Does everyone need to keep their silverware?) and just as I was discussing this with my bridesmaid, a server came up to the table and told us she was on duty to help us with the cake and not to worry about anything! We felt very well taken care of.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Divine Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Carolyn! It was an absolute pleasure catering your wedding for you! We wish you guys nothing but the best!

- Rob

Amy · Married on 07/25/2015

Miranda was amazing from the first phone call to the clean up of the event.
    She made the process easy and I trusted that she would arrive on time and provide everything she promised! My expectations were met and exceeded! I would use her again for other events! Many of my guests asked for her contact info because the food was DELISH!

Sent on 07/27/2015
  • User5207552 · event on 06/20/2015

This was the first time we've used a caterer, and it was an excellent experience, from the initial contact through the clean up. The appetizers and desserts were beautiful and delicious. This was a backyard event, and the food made it very special. The server stayed an extra hour and kept dishes flowing all afternoon.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Angelina · Married on 05/16/2014

Flexible, dependable, fun, cool under pressure, smiles the whole time AND the most wonderful food we could have asked for. Every guest at my daughter's wedding has been raving about the quality of the food since the wedding.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Hannah was great! So helpful and happy. Not one complaint. They made our wedding day so easy. Didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Anja · Married on 12/23/2013

My daughter was recently married on 23 December 13. We hired Divine Catering for an 80 person wedding after taste testing their food and service. First, let me say that a very close friend who is in food service went with me to the tasting and asked to see their kitchen. Rob, was extremely helpful and pleased to show us their kitchen area and recent inspection results. They were top notch! After meeting Rob, seeing the kitchen and tasting the food, we knew they would be the company to make our daughter's wedding wonderful and worry free. We purchased the silver package which included for them to cut the cake and bartend. It was wonderful and I didn't have to lift a finger. The icing on the cake....they gave us a military discount! Thank you again. Anja O'Neil

Sent on 01/16/2014

Matt · Married on 11/08/2013

Working with Divine Catering has been a pleasure and I was really impressed with the service and food that they provided at my wedding.

Rob whom I worked with was professional, flexible and knowledgeable. Rob was great at helping us pick out some great food options for our wedding and of course they were willing to do vegan/vegetarian if we wanted, based on our dietary needs. Rob was very flexible with any changes that we had to the menu and worked with us to make it as personalized as possible.

One thing I thought they could do better is provide the customer with a comprehensive list of what they provide for each package such as glassware, servers etc. That way you know if there are other items you need to provide through rentals. We found ourselves asking a bunch of questions but ultimately Rob provided us with the right answer.

After working with Divine Catering, I have heard from many of my guests that they absolutely loved the food and were very happy with the Bar service and catering of appetizers. I couldn't be happier with the service, food and staff that Divine Catering provided and I thought the food was amazing too! You can't go wrong with Divine Catering and I think you should seriously consider them before you make a decision.

Sent on 11/20/2013

I cannot say enough about Rob and Alisa! They are fantastic to work with, very prompt to respond to emails and of course the food is amazing! Be sure to order the bacon wrapped dates. They are DIVINE!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Sheyanne · Married on 09/06/2014

Divine catering really exceeded my expectations with our wedding day food, and people commented on how delicious everything was. They were flexible and willing to accommodate special requests, and they hired a fantastic bartender for our event that really worked hard and maintained some rowdy guests in a professional manner (thank you for cutting off when necessary).
    After contracting with Divine and paying a deposit, there was a shift in management...I was nervous at first because there was no warning that contact person would be different and details previously discussed were not all thoroughly documented (my fault for not getting everything in writing). I initiated contact with the new manager and set up a meeting, and plans came together well. Divine manager Hannah quickly adjusted in her role- she impressed me with her quick progression in the new position. By the time my wedding date was approaching, she was bringing her A game and representing Divine catering as professionally as the former manager Rob. I appreciated her very much, as well as the owner Alisa who stayed involved and aided in communication.
    The night of our event, catering staff were present on time and attentive to the buffet area. The food was simply placed in chaffing dishes, not very decorative and not really any wow factor.
    Wished I'd put labels on sauces/dressing. About 25 people no showed that had RSVP'd (so frustrating!) we had paid for food and bar fees for. We did get a few take out containers of food at the end of the night, but my MIL told me that the caterers left with large quantities of food in huge bowls. Wish we would have been spoken to about all of the left overs we had paid for. All in all I would recommend Divine Catering.
    Also I think they could expand their profit possibilities if they offered some simple linen options at a competitive rate. I got all of my linens from Seattle because Portland rental companies were ridiculously priced for table linens.

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Ilse

Ilse · Married on 02/23/2019

Last Minute Caterer!

We were still looking for a caterer after sifting through the list our venue provided, all were great but were out of our budget! Luckily, our baker recommended Divine. I was impressed and very happy they had time to talk food and services! Cannot wait to have them at our wedding.

Sent on 01/31/2019

Hi Ilse!

Thank you for your wonderful review! We also look forward to catering your wedding! It's going to be amazing!

Best,

Mary Beth · event on 03/04/2015

We enjoyed the taste, the presentation and the follow through!

Sent on 03/05/2015

4.2

Divine catering was truly a pleasure to work with. Their professionalism was wonderful, Rob at Divine was always very animated and excited about what he does, which is definitely a nice surprise. The quality of food was very good and delicious, our guests kept coming up to us describing how great the food was. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Alexe · Married on 07/29/2017

4.2

We were married back in July and had a great experience with Diving Catering. The coordinator that we worked with - Miranda - was very communicative and responsive, the food was delicious, and the staff at the wedding that night was friendly, lovely and made sure my husband and I stopped to actually eat food (we were encouraged to go back for seconds, haha!). Really our only hiccups came from a couple communications 'oops' moments on our part as well as our coordinator. Overall we are really happy that we chose Divine for our most special day!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Kelsey · Married on 04/25/2015

1.8
      1.0

We booked Divine over a year before our wedding and it was amazing how the communication was worse each time we were in contact. Every time it was somebody new and they even miscalculated the total amount and were asking for double what we were supposed to pay. We were also told that the company does not provide linens, so we went and bought our own. A week before the wedding we found out that they do in fact offer linens. We needed a few more for our tables so we had to rent them. Somehow they thought it would be appropriate to work that out the day before our wedding. I was contacted during the wedding rehearsal and then again at our rehearsal dinner, because they didn't understand the sizes I sent them. On the wedding day, the food was great and there were no complaints there. Then it comes time to make toasts and none of the glasses are poured at the time that we agreed on. Then we went to cut the cake and the only cake we (the bride and groom) received was the bite that we fed each other. Some of our guests didn't get any cake at all, not to mention we did not receive the top tier of our cake for our 1 year anniversary. Come to find out, the caterers left our ENTIRE sheet cake in the back refrigerator, so at the end of the night they sent it home with my maid of honor. So 2 pieces of our sheet cake was eaten. The whole bridal party had negative comments on the service from the catering company, but luckily the issues went unnoticed by out guests. Now it's almost 2 months after our wedding and we have received no communication from this company and no reimbursement for the sheet cake that they completely wasted. Every other vendor has emailed, asking for a review, but I haven't been asked for one by divine catering. I can only assume it's because they know exactly how they did on our wedding day. I can honestly say that I loved every bit of our wedding day, except for the mishaps that came from this company.

Sent on 06/10/2015