District 5 Schoolhouse Reviews

14 | Zeeland, MI

14 Reviews for District 5 Schoolhouse

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot say enough good things about District 5 Schoolhouse! My husband and I got married here last weekend and it was everything we could have dreamed of and more! Every inch of the schoolhouse is full of original character and charm which made not only my husband and I fall in love with the building, but our guests as well. Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with and both her and her interns went above and beyond to make every detail of our day was perfect. The "pay it forward" closet is one of the many wonderful features of the schoolhouse that helped make planning a breeze. Thanks to many generous brides/grooms, we barely had to buy any decorations for our wedding because the closet is filled with TONS of beautiful decorations to use. There are so many wonderful amenities that come with the venue which made it hands down the best value in the area. I could go on forever about how amazing this place is and I highly recommend checking it out!!

Emily · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I had a picture perfect wedding and a great deal of credit for that is due to the District 5 Schoolhouse. This place is one of the most charming buildings I've ever been in, and our guests felt the same. Sarah is such a wonderful owner and she genuinely cares about the couples she helps. The "pay it forward" decoration closet was so helpful to us, but the venue is so lovely it doesn't need much decorating! I could rave about this place all day if given the chance. Check it out!

Allison · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I were recently married, and it was made all the more special with our reception at the District 5 Schoolhouse. This space was perfect for us, and Sarah went above and beyond to make sure our special day ran as smoothly as possible. This space has so much charm and we were able to bring our own creative touches to it. We were able to have dancing, yard games, and a space for people to be able to talk an enjoy each others' company. I highly recommend having your wedding reception here!!

Katelyn · Married on 01/19/2018

Loved this venue. You don’t need many decorations because the venue itself is adorable! Sarah the owner is AMAZING to work with. She really knows what she’s doing and is willing to accommodate!! Highly recommend!

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

Sarah and her husband were absolutely amazing to work with!! She was so accommodating and willing to work around what we wanted to do. Our wedding was the most magical event and I would recommend to EVERYONE to do their events here. It's a cozy, fun atmosphere that my guests couldn't stop commenting on! If you're looking for a unique location, look no further. :)

Brianne · Married on 11/04/2017

Sarah is so invested in making our day special. I am so excited to work with her to make my wedding day perfect!

• Z

Zachary · Married on 09/16/2017

It was so easy and helpful working with Sarah at every stage of planning and then throughout the evening. We, and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful venue.

Hayley · Married on 06/17/2017

From the moment I walked into the schoolhouse I fell in love with its vintage charm. It's the absolute perfect setting for any wedding, reception or event. Sarah is wonderful to work with and a super helpful host! I highly recommend this venue to anyone searching for a beautiful place to celebrate their special day (:

Ashton · Married on 06/09/2017

Don't even think twice: Just book your venue here! Words cannot describe the beauty of District Five schoolhouse. Walking into the reception area takes your breath away. Not to mention the owner is an absolute sweetheart, and will do whatever she can to make your day as special as possible! She even has extra decorations you can use free of charge.

Alison · Married on 09/17/2016

Sarah was absolutely amazing! So professional and super quick to wanting to help with anything she could to make our day so much more special! Having someone that would allow us to bring in our own dinner and bar was something we needed and she went above and beyond with helping us set up a "privacy wall" for our dinner to be prepared behind before served. The amount of people we had (160ish) fit in the venue great, really appreciated that we were able to use the fire pit, that was a huge hit with all our friends. Our overall experience with Sarah and her husband at district 5 school house has been nothing but great! Thanks again to them both!

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

District 5 Schoolhouse is a beautiful venue where you can transform it to accommodate any style.

Shawn & Ashley · Married on 09/04/2016

The District 5 Schoolhouse is unique, charming, and the perfect place for an event. Our wedding was perfect! Our wedding guests loved everything about the location. We received a lot of compliments on the site and amenities. Our photos were incredible, and all of the little details were tailored to fit our needs. This venue offers flexibility without the extra charges. The bridal suite is beautiful, and the groom's suite the perfect spacious man cave. Other sites limit you to a 5-hour time slot, while the schoolhouse allows you to have the entire day. Decorations can completely transform the space from rustic to whimsical and even super fancy. It's beautiful. I will recommend this venue to anyone and everyone forever.

Avery · Married on 08/06/2016

The best part about this schoolhouse as a wedding venue is you can make it your own! I was able to bring in whatever caterer I wanted or whatever bar service. The District 5 Schoolhouse didn't limit me to specific vendors. It also has such authentic vintage character, it's a tough venue to beat! All of my guests loved writing on the chalkboards all night and soaking in the charm. I had my dream wedding here and was able to dance under soft twinkle lights all night long. DREAM VENUE!

Tarryn · Married on 06/26/2016

I do not normally give straight 5 stars for anything, but Sarah at the District 5 Schoolhouse went above and beyond my expectations. The building was beautiful and well taken care of and convenient. Sarah truly works from a place that has the bride's best interests in mind. She is flexible and allows for creativity when choosing layout, decor, etc. I never struggled to communicate with her as she is warm and understanding. She is attentive and available during every aspect of the planning as well as the event itself. She is helpful in any way she can be. The prices for use of the building are extraordinarily fair and well worth it, but her value as a consultant is priceless. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who enjoys historical buildings and wants the support of someone who is passionate about making your event just the way you desire!