Distinctive Mountain Events Reviews

Distinctive Mountain Events 4
Distinctive Mountain Events 5

Amanda Rose · Married on 09/14/2019

Our wedding was perfect!

I would highly recommend Distinctive Mountain Events to any bride! I originally planned to not have any coordination services until a friend suggested it. Thank goodness she did and thank goodness we found Distinctive Mountain Events! We had the weekend of coordination and our wedding coordinator was Jackie who was absolutely amazing. From the details meeting to the rehearsal to the actual wedding day, Jackie kept everyone on schedule and kept the events of the day running like a well oiled machine! Every moment of the day was perfectly timed but we never felt rushed, Jackie kept everything so smooth and we would not have been able to enjoy our wedding day without her! She was able to translate our vision perfectly and also kept all our vendors on schedule (including the wait staff!). We were really so impressed and so thankful for her. Anything we needed, she was right there to assist (even with bustling my dress!). Thank you Jackie and Distinctive Mountain Events for making our wedding day exactly what we wanted!

Distinctive Mountain Events 6
    Distinctive Mountain Events 14
    Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith Sourk · Married on 07/12/2019

Recommend Distinctive Mountain Events!

My husband and I were married July 12, 2019 at the Ski Tip Lodge. Since we are from Arkansas we decided to hire a planner to assist us with the planning process (e.g., identifying and securing vendors, scheduling, and general guidance). We selected the Partial Planning Package with Distinctive Mountain Events and worked with Elizabeth "Ebs" Long. Ebs was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire planning process. Her schedule was flexible and she was very knowledgeable about vendors (e.g., florists, DJs, catering companies, etc) in the area. The day of the wedding was also wonderful thanks to Distinctive Mountain Events. Their team did an amazing job planning our event and coordinating with the vendors to make sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Lopez · Married on 06/29/2019

Experts, professional, and fun to work with - they made my day PERFECT!

This team was awesome from start to finish. They are experts and made my day more perfect than I ever could have hoped. Responsive, great advice and input, professional, but also really fun to work with - we had a blast planning together! On the big day, my mom and I didn't have to worry about a thing and were able to enjoy every moment because we knew they were all over everything. Would recommend this team to anyone!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/06/2018

Couldn’t have done it without them!

If you are considering a mountain wedding you absolutely must use Distinctive Mountain Events. Ebs was so helpful throughout the entire process. She is so sweet and knowledgeable. You’d be crazy to plan a wedding without her!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Y

Yesmeen · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing Mountain Wedding Planners!

Ebs Long was the best partner you could ask for in planning a wedding (other than your significant other of course, although sometimes better, but don't tell him I said that). Coming from out of town she had the perfect package available that fit our budget but also provided endless vendor recommendations, local expertise, and totally hands-on got-your-back support the weekend of our wedding. I never felt embarrassed to ask her anything, and she was always awesome and super responsive when I needed her.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Westland · Married on 09/09/2018

BEST money spent

Ebs was truly a dream to work with. Having her as our day-of coordinator was the BEST money we spent on the wedding. She was very organized, on top of everything, really easy to be around, and just a massive help altogether. Don't think twice about booking her for your day-of coordination. You'll be oh so happy you did!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Kat Walker · Married on 09/01/2018

Thank you!

When we began planning our mountain wedding, living in Denver, we knew we would need a wedding planner. The first thing that intrigued me about DME was their connection to the community and the smaller companies that they do business with. They are on first name basis with all of their vendors from the owners down to the servers. Then I met Johnna and Ebs and I can understand why every one loves them so much. They are personable, dynamic and you kind of just want to be their best friend! We chose to go with the full package because we both work full time and wouldn't be able to make the wedding of our dreams come true without a little help. They were the perfect choice! They took our ideas and made them a reality. They gave us the most magical and beautiful wedding that was straight out of magazine (I might be a little biased). On the day of I had nothing to worry about except marring my man and getting to be with all of our friends and family. I had zero worries or anxieties, but instead had the best day of my life thanks to Johnna and Ebs.

Distinctive Mountain Events 15
    Distinctive Mountain Events 16
    Distinctive Mountain Events 17
    Distinctive Mountain Events 18
    Sent on 02/08/2019

Meghan · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a fantastic experience working with Ebs from DME for our Timber Ridge wedding in Keystone! She is a true professional and was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding process. Our wedding day ran flawlessly thanks to her hard work! We didn't stress about anything the entire day because we knew that Ebs had already thought of every detail. We highly recommend working with DME for your wedding coordination!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Leah · Married on 06/22/2018

We cannot thank Distinctive Mountain Events enough for making our wedding day so smooth and effortless. Johnna was an absolute dream to work with!! She was calm, professional, and made us feel so comfortable with trusting her to make sure our day was perfect. She truly goes above and beyond to make sure you have zero stress. For example, when the gondola that transports everyone to our venue closed for a few hours due to strong winds she stayed positive, reassuring and made moves to get people up the mountain for setup. She communicated clearly with our venue, vendors, and developed a day of timeline so everyone was on the same page. I truly don't know what we would have done without her. Johnna, you were an absolute joy to work with. Thank you thank you thank you! If you're looking for a wedding coordinator or day of coordinator, I would HIGHLY recommend hiring DME for your special day! <3

Venue: Keystone Timber Ridge

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 06/22/2018

Best decision ever!

Having Distinctive Mountain Events help plan our wedding was by far the best decision we made throughout the whole process! From the day we met Ebs we knew she would help make our wedding day absolutely perfect and take away all the stress of planning so we could fully enjoy the process. Leading up to the wedding, Ebs was so helpful in finding the vendors that were a perfect fit for us (every vendor was chose was PUMPED to be working with Ebs, too!), she answered all questions and concerns, and made sure we had everything in place so our wedding would go off without a hitch. She was the most fun, calming and enjoyable person to work with!!! Our big Day was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND UNFORGETTABLE and I give most of the credit to Ebs! Our wedding was more magical than we could have imagined because she took care of EVERYTHING allowing us to fully take in and embrace our wedding from start to finish.

If you’re even contemplating getting a wedding planner...DO IT! Hire Ebs and Distintive Moutain Events and give yourself the best gift ever for your wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Allison · Married on 06/09/2018

Ebs was an absolute delight to work with. I used her as a day of planner, and she tied up all of the loose ends that I hadn’t thought about and took care of any problems that arose the day of the wedding. She was thorough and captured the essence of the wedding that I dreamed of. Even more difficult, she kept my wedding on time - no small feat - and everything flowed so smoothly. I wish I had used her for planning the entire wedding, but at the very minimum would say that using Distinctive Mountain Events for the day of the wedding was priceless. I would urge anyone I know to work with them. SO worth it.

Distinctive Mountain Events 19
    Distinctive Mountain Events 26
    Distinctive Mountain Events 27
    Sent on 06/28/2018

Carolyn · Married on 05/27/2018

We got married at Ten Mile Station in Breckenridge and Johnna was a great local resource as we planned our weekend. She had suggestions for me for vendors to work with and knew the team at Ten Mile really well. Her extensive experience with the local vendors and our venue really helped ensure everything went smoothly!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Macy · Married on 03/11/2018

Ebs from Distinctive Mountainted Events was probably the best money we spent for our wedding at Keystone. She was always kind and happy and made sure that we (the wedding couple) were happy. She was super organized and had everything under control. She setup all of my decorations and they looked better than I could have imagined! And she boxed them all up at the end of the night so my family didn’t have to worry about clean up at all. I didn’t worry about a single thing on my wedding day and it was mostly because Ebs had taken care of everything! Thank you so much Ebs and Distinctive Mountain Events for making our day so stress-free!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Macy · Married on 03/11/2018

Sent on 04/08/2018

Jordan · Married on 01/26/2018

Johnna and Emily were a pleasure to work with for coordinating our winter wedding. With all of the variables that can happen during a winter wedding, it was so nice to have an organized and friendly coordinator to make our wedding day so perfect. Even though DME is based in Breckenridge, Johnna was able to come down to Denver before the wedding to talk over our plans and expectations for the big day. Johnna took the reigns as we approached the wedding day and started communicating with all of our vendors and prepared a timeline to keep everyone organized. When little logistical fires occurred, Johnna was able to quench them quickly keeping our vision in mind. DME also helped setup our decor for the wedding and helped make everything looked organized and perfect. The girls at Distinctive Mountain Events are the sweetest and we highly recommended them to any couple looking in Summit County.

Distinctive Mountain Events 28
    Distinctive Mountain Events 29
    Distinctive Mountain Events 30
    Sent on 03/05/2018

Katy · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say thank you enough to Ebs and the team at Distinctive Mountain Events. At first I was unsure of whether or not to hire more than a day-of coordinator given I live in Denver and was planning a wedding in Breckenridge. However, I could not be more happy I chose to purchase the Destination package with Distinctive Mountain Events. Ebs was able to narrow an overwhelming pool of vendors for me based on our conversations. All of the vendors I selected from her suggestions, from the band, to the florist, to hair and makeup, were amazing to work with and perfect for my husband's and my special day. Ebs was extremely responsive, kind and flexible. She patiently sat through many lengthy phone conferences with me, my husband and my mother throughout the planning process.

We had a surprise with the weather on our wedding day. About an hour prior to our wedding, it started raining hard and the rain eventually turned to snow as the temperature dropped. We had about thirty minutes of deliberating back and forth on whether or not to move the wedding ceremony inside given the weather. Ebs could not have been more supportive and encouraging with our decision to keep the ceremony outside. She helped give me and my husband the confidence to stick with the perfect ceremony we had envisioned from the beginning. We ended up having an absolutely perfect day and it wouldn't have been possible without her help and support. Since our wedding, we have had so many different family and friends from so many parts of our lives compliment what a wonderful wedding we had and how happy they were for us that we decided to keep our ceremony outside.

Ebs truly embodies everything a bride could hope for in a coordinator - responsive, compassionate and competent. If you want to ensure you'll have a perfect wedding day too, don't look any farther than Ebs and Distinctive Mountain Events.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Kara · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I booked DME for our destination Breckenridge, CO wedding. I contacted her last December while in Breck doing some wedding planning on last minute's notice seeing if she could possibly meet up and 2 hours later we were having coffee and I was signing a contract--she was very accommodating.

We chose the "day of" package and it was worth EVERY penny. First off, let me say that DME responded VERY quickly to any email I ever sent them about something for our wedding- this is very important to me and I cannot stand when a vendor takes a week to respond to a paying client-that's just unnecessary stress.

The most helpful thing DME did for me was respond to the 12-20 emails I got all within the last week before the wedding from my vendors asking about arrival times and such--I was too stressed to even think about that, so thank goodness DME took care of it all.

DME also ran our rehearsal flawlessly, which was another relief for me- we didn't know what to do or how to prepare for the ceremony. DME showed up and took the reins and everything went smoothly.

The day of the wedding, Johnna went above and beyond my expectations. I figured I was just hiring someone to make sure all of my vendors showed up, that decorations were in place, etc. Johnna made me feel like she cared about my personal needs that day as well as making sure setup was done properly. Throughout the reception she kept checking on my husband and I to make sure we didn't need anything-- she was even offering to get us drinks from the bar so that we could continue to visit with all of our guests- amazing!

I would highly recommend DME to anyone in the Summit County area looking for an event coordinator. The stress that DME removed from my full plate that day I will forever be thankful for. THANK YOU JOHNNA & DME!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

When my husband and I and chose to host a destination wedding in Breckenridge we knew we had to have the right destination planners. What we received with Johnna and Ebs, was simply the best. These two are on their game and yes, worth every penny! (Even my husband agreed and you know how men are during the wedding process ladies! ;)!)
    Johnna did a fantastic job working with us during the planning process, especially with me. During the planning period my work schedule was extremely hectic. Our conference calls never ran smoothly as planned due to interruptions, last minute cancellations, long holds, or cut short- all due to ME! Johnna was so patient, understanding and flexible the whole time. Johnna did an amazing job helping with communication with our vendors and keeping us on track with our timeline. Most importantly she has an amazing personality, never overbearing as I picture some planners to be, so that made it very easy to work with her.
    Ebs was our day of planner and she was just as amazing! Mike and I were having our ceremony outside on the deck at the Lodge at Breckenridge. Let me tell you, we had the craziest wedding day weather ever. There was sun, clouds, rainbows, wind, a bit of heavy rain (that of course was starting at 4pm ceremony time) and then the icing on the cake, the first winter snow. Ebs did a TRULY amazing job keeping me as cool, calm and collective (as I could be!) while waiting to see if getting married on the deck could happen or if we had to move it indoors. She was so on top of her game, organized and ready for any last minute decisions we made. But most important, she helped persuade me to have the ceremony outside on that deck as planned and it turned out to be the best decision ever. Mike and I got married in the snow fall and it couldn’t have been more perfect. It was truly magical and the best day ever. We love you guys!
    Love, Mike, Ashley and Chunk

Distinctive Mountain Events 31
    Sent on 11/16/2017

Carrie · Married on 09/16/2017

I wouldn't have been able to make it through the last year or the day of wedding without Ebs and her team. She exceeded all of my expectations and truly made my day my dream wedding. All of her suggestions of vendors and details completely made the day truly incredible. I was from out of state but even if I lived in Colorado I would still have used her and her team. She was extremely responsive and such a sweetheart to work with. If there were any glitches the day of the wedding I had no idea because she handled it all for us. Can't say enough great things about her and Distinctive Mountains Events. She truly helped make this the best day of mine and my husbands life!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Alexandria · Married on 09/14/2017

We worked with Ebs she was absolutely amazing and helped us save the day when last minute hurricane Irma canceled our Cayman island wedding plans. We called her very last minute and explained our situation and she made it happen. She made the calls and got us amazing people to help make our day happen basically overnight, recommended using sapphire point which was gorgeous. Our day ended up so much better than we ever imagined even better than our original plan. We are eternally grateful for all she did for us. Definitely reccomend this great company

Sent on 09/15/2017

Jenna · Married on 08/19/2017

Johnna did an incredible job as our day-of coordinator. She exceeded our expectations from the planning process to the actual event. She made herself comfortable with all of our family members and helped execute our dream wedding. Thank you so much Johnna!!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Blaine · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I booked Ebs and the DME team for our wedding at Timber Ridge in Keystone, CO. Ebs and her team were fantastic to work with. We used Ebs for our ‘day of’ coordination services. Starting with our introduction meeting up until the week before our wedding, Ebs was easy to communicate with, promptly answered all of our questions and calmed our nerves. At the one week mark, Ebs started to work with our vendors, this helped us immensely. We didn’t have to worry about getting final payments to our vendors or telling them when/where to be, she did it all! Ebs also helped ensure that our rehearsal ran smoothly, the vendors got to the venue on time, the décor was set to our liking and that the entire night flowed how we envisioned. On the day of our wedding, Ebs was super helpful. The forecast called for rain and lighting, which can cause issues when guests have to travel via gondola to get to the venue. Ebs proactively planned for the worse when it came to the weather. She drove to the venue, instead of taking the gondola, to make sure that the venue would be ready for when our guests arrived. I was freaking out about the weather and Ebs kept us very calm, and confirmed our weather backup plans. Luckily, the weather was fine, but just knowing that we had Ebs there was a huge relief! We had one vendor that we had issues with day of, Ebs worked very hard to get the issues resolved and make our day truly special. Even after our big day, Ebs has been in contact with us to make sure this particular vendor makes things right for my husband and me. We seriously do not know what we would have done without Ebs and her team! I am forever grateful to them for making our day one that my husband and I and our guests will never forget!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Kortni · Married on 07/15/2017

Hiring Distinctive Mountain Events was the best decision we made! We planned a destination wedding in Breckenridge, so we knew we needed all the help we could get. We had the pleasure of working with both Johnna and Ebs during the planning process and they made everything run smoothly, while adding laughs along the way. They helped with every single detail, from recommending vendors, to setting up and helping things run smoothly and efficiently on the actual day. They became friends along the process, and it makes me miss all of our weekly phone calls and emails! I would highly recommend Distinctive Mountain Events! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 09/09/2017

kendall · Married on 06/23/2017

We had such an incredible experience working with Johnna. She made sure the trains ran on time and that every detail was perfect. She kept the day running smoothly and her calm and understanding demeanor was greatly appreciated!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Candace · Married on 09/09/2016

Where do I even begin?!? Johnna is simply incredible!! Planning a destination wedding is NOT easy and I couldn't have done it without her! I live in Texas and my Mother lives in Arizona, so Johnna was our boots on the ground in Colorado where we were getting married. From the moment we met with her I loved her energy, her carefree joking nature, her professionalism, and her organized approach to planning. She made us feel special, important, and she was genuinely passionate about our wedding being amazing!! Since we have never lived in Vail, we literally didn't know where to begin. She helped me get all of my vendors together, she helped us look at multiple different venues, she bounced around all sorts of ideas for different spaces, she helped me stay on budget, she gave me tools to stay organized, and she was always quick to respond . She was great about communicating with the vendors for us and she would give us great advice on things when we weren't sure on what we wanted to do. She was always available for our long distance phone calls and our crazy worries about this or that. She knew exactly how to calm me and my mother down and to keep us positive and on track! On the day of the wedding, she took care of EVERYTHING; guiding guests, getting all of the spaces decorated, managing all of the vendors, keeping us on schedule, gathering all of the family, keeping me calm! Everything literally went perfectly!! I never felt worried or overwhelmed by the wedding because I knew Johnna was there by my side to take care of everything!. She truly knows how to manage it all- and she does it with grace, ease, and a smile on her face! If you are getting married in Colorado Johnna is an absolute MUST! Thank you Distinctive Mountain Events and Johnna for making our day perfect!! We couldn't have done it with out you and you will always be a part of our special day!

Sent on 10/11/2016