Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady Reviews

163 Reviews for Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

163 Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady Reviews

Erika · Married on 11/11/2017

It was such a pleasure working with Dianne to design our custom wedding cake. My husband and I both fell in love with her gorgeous and life like sugar flower work, we knew that’s what we wanted incorporated into our cake. The cake tasted delicious and looked absolutely beautiful. We can’t thank Dianne enough for turning our vision into a reality

Chantal · Married on 09/23/2017

Dianne was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding cake. Her creativity is unmatched and we could tell right from the start that she just has a passion for cake baking, and truly cares about making a couple's cake vision come to life. When it came to design, we knew we wanted an elegant but simple cake design, and Dianne far exceeded our expectations, the cake was beautiful! At our tasting, we tried several of her cake flavors and all were so delicious! In the end we selected carrot cake with cream cheese filling, almond cake with raspberry filling, and mint chocolate chip cake with chocolate buttercream filling. I will dream about the mint chocolate chip cake for the rest of my life, it was so good! Our guests LOVED it and so did we!! I also worked with Dianne to create a surprise Red Sox themed groom's cake for my husband, and she took every step to not only make sure it was perfect in design, but to also make sure it remained a surprise! I cannot say enough amazing things about Dianne, she is simply one of a kind!!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady's reply:

Chantal- you are the sweetest and it was fun working with you! Thank you for your heartfelt comments, they really made my day!

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2017

Dianne created a dairy free masterpiece!!! Both the bride and groom are lactose intolerant and that wasn't a problem for Dianne. Everyone commented about how good the cake was and said they couldn't tell it was dairy free. The cake was so light and the frosting so good!!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney... this means a lot. I'm glad you and your guests all enjoyed the cake! And congratulations! Dianne

Brianna · Married on 07/07/2017

Dianne is amazing and so incredible. She brought what I had pictured in my head to LIFE and she bakes with so much experience and love. Our cake was easily the best cake I have ever tasted and it was certainly the most stunning. Such intricate details! Thank you!!

Mary · Married on 06/25/2017

There are no words in the English language that can possibly capture the deliciousness and beauty of the wedding cake that Dianne Rockwell-The Cake Lady, created for our daughter's wedding on June 25, 2017. It tasted like it was made from the angels above and came from heaven, just for the bride and groom. Everything about it was exquisite. And I know what her secret ingredient is- LOVE! It is obvious that this sweet, kind, gentle woman really cares and loves what she does. Our guest are still talking about the cake. Really the BEST decision will be to have Dianne Rockwell create your wedding cake. She will work with the flavors you want and your wedding budget. Hopefully, there will be some left for you after the big day!...... We are grateful that we were referred to Dianne Stockwell by our planner at Tower Hill Botanic Garden.

Jim · Married on 10/15/2016

Dianne really helped us out with picking the perfect cake. We had the unique obstacle of having multiple people having gluten allergies, including the bride! Dianne sat down with us and gave us some samples, and though she was initially hesitant with her own talent regarding making a gluten-free cake, it was among the best GF cakes we had tasted. She basically walks you through every step of the process, and lets you know what's needed at all times. She also has a massive back-catalog of previous cakes to take inspiration from. She even lends you a cake stand for a small fee to go with the cake if you need it. Highly recommended.

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Dianne's work is impeccable. Not only did our cake come out more beautiful than we could have hoped for it was also 10/10 delicious! She was super responsive to any questions we had and so easy to work with. I highly recommend her! We wouldn't chose anyone else if we were to do it again!

Dianne Rockwell was amazing. She made our wedding cake to our specifications even though what we wanted was completely customized. She was attentive and patient. The cake tasting was super fun. Booking our cake with her with so easy and we knew there was nothing to worry about. It was the easiest part of the wedding planning. Service was impeccable and reliable. Her cakes are absolutely delicious.

Krista · Married on 08/12/2016

Dianne just did our wedding cake, and it was perfect. Dianne is so wonderful to work with, and she makes amazing cakes! For the cake tasting, she sends you home with little mini cakes that you can share with your family for extra opinions-- we loved that! We chose 2 different flavor combinations: chocolate-raspberry & raspberry and raspberry & lemon. We were told by many guests that the cake was fabulous! Dianne also arranged fresh flowers on our cake herself, and they looked perfect! I highly recommend Dianne Rockwell the Cake Lady!

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2016

Diane was amazing!! From the minute I contacted her she was quick to respond and answered all of my questions. She met with us and we did a tasting very soon after. She was so accommodating as we only wanted a small ceremonial cake. The day of the wedding, I was stunned as to how beautiful our cake was. Every detail we discussed was perfect and and the cake itself was delicious! We had a few friends over the next day and shared some with them... They raved about it!!! I will gladly recommend her to anyone looking for a cake! She has an A+ in my book!!

We can't say enough about Dianne and her cakes! We had visited many other bakers before finding her and I was disappointed with how inflexible and expensive they were. I had all but given up on having a cake at all (cupcakes or a candy station?) when we found Dianne. Not only was she super flexible and creative to help us stay in budget but she made our perfect design come to life. Once we realized we could have our design within budget I thought, well this won't be the most amazing tasting cake but hey cake is cake right? Was I wrong! HEr cakes are to die for! And she even worked with us to add a flavor not on her list that I had my heart set on.
    From start to finish working with Dianne was so stress-free and a breath of fresh air. Our cake was gorgeous, represented us, and stayed within budget to boot. We would highly recommend Dianne to anyone looking for their dream cake and will use her again in the future for other occasions!

Justine · Married on 03/12/2016

When my husband and I were planning our rustic barn wedding we visited several vendors until we found one that was just right. Diane was the first and only cake vendor we had to meet with. We instantly were pleased upon our first consult with her. Diane was listed as a preferred vendor for our wedding venue and I can see why! She responded to my online request for a consult promptly. For our first consult, we reviewed the flavors we would like to try and looked at photos of the beautiful cakes Diane has designed. She was very easy to work with and flexible with design ideas. I showed her some pictures of cakes I had pinned on Pinterest. For our second consult, we tried three different flavors and loved them all so we had 3 different flavored tiers. I sent Diane my cake stand and cake topper and she exceeded my expectations for the rustic cake design. My cake was the one thing my guests really couldn't stop talking about.

Jamie · Married on 04/25/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dianne and her beautiful cakes (that are works of art!)
    Dianne made our wedding cake, and other than marrying each other, I think her cakes were the part of the wedding we were most excited about. I can't recommend Dianne's cakes enough.
    1) There are so many delicious flavors to choose from. We choose lemon cake with raspberry filling, white cake with strawberry filling, and mint chocolate chip (yum!) The is not any additional cost for the flavors, and people are still coming us to up to ask us how they can get more cake.
    2) When you go to sample the cake, you get to bring home small cakes for your family etc. to taste the cake as well. This was really appreciated.
    3) Dianne is a cake magician. Other bakers that we spoke to said that the intricate designs (such as you would see on tv shows) are made through using fondant (not frosting.) My fiance does not like the taste of fondant, and most bakers said that if we wanted to use buttercream frosting, we could not have a complicated design. Dianne did not have such limits. Using only buttercream frosting, she made a three tier cake including frosting with scroll work design, sugar flowers, a lace design and pearl quilting.
    4) Dianne's pricing is very fair and transparent. We also were able to take advantage of having a sheet cake in the kitchen (that was less per slice than the tiered cake) but no one could tell the difference.
    5) Dianne herself is a true delight. I am so happy I got to work with her, and have her delicious cake. I can't wait for my next party so I can order one of her cakes again!
    6) Dianne delivered the cake to the venue safely in the cake-safe, and I never worried about anything.

We whole heartedly recommend Dianne's cakes for your wedding. They are delicious and beautiful, and she is wonderful to work with.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady's reply:

Jamie, thank you so much for your sweet review- what a wonderful Monday morning message to find! It was a pleasure working with you both on your design, and I wish you all the best. Dianne

Alexandra · Married on 08/08/2014

Diane's cakes are beautiful and they are just as delicious! I loved the decorating she did, but the cake was even better! So moist and flavorful. Everyone enjoyed it! It is going to be hard to save that top layer for a year later ;)

Sent on 08/29/2014

Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady's reply:

Thank you so much Alex and Drew- it was a pleasure working with you!

Chelsea · Married on 07/05/2014

Dianne the Cake Lady was amazing! After reflecting on the wedding, she was one of the best and easiest vendors that we worked with and the cake was an absolute hit both visually and tastefully. Dianne was great with working with us on an unusual cake design and flavor. She ended up making a cardamom cake with mango filling and butter cream icing as well as lemon cake with blueberry filling and butter cream icing. Both were the first desserts gone at the dessert table.

I had an unusual design request with a henna design up the side and an intricate piping design for the top. Dianne executed both absolutely perfectly! I left her to be creative with the henna design and she did even better than what I could have imagined. For the design on top, she copied it to a T. For anybody who is looking for a skilled creative or great transfer artist, Dianne is your gal!

Dianne was also extremely professional and wonderful to work with. Starting with the estimate to sending me the final receipt, Dianne was on top of her work and great at keeping me informed and providing all the information needed. If you want a headache free cake experience, definitely go with The Cake Lady.

Maggie · Married on 05/25/2014

Dianne was wonderful to work with. Her attention to detail is second only to her talent! The cake was exactly what I envisioned, and tasted amazing!

The Cake was perfection, a work of art. Diane is certainly one of the best Wedding Cake creators in the business!

Sara · Married on 10/12/2013

Dianne created my wedding cake. She is amazing. She is professional, flexible, talented, and easy to work with. She truly is an artist. The cake was exactly what we wanted. It was beautiful and the best cake I ever tasted. I will definitely recommend her as a wedding cake artist.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady's reply:

Sara, thank you so much for your sweet remarks! it was my pleasure working with you and Dave, and I wish you the very best. <3

Tina · Married on 10/11/2013

It was an absolute peasure working with Diane. She took quality time with me and helped me to design the cake for my Son and his wife's wedding to a perfection. When I wasn't exactly sure about something she was able to guide me to making the right choice and the end result was just beautiful! Not only was the cake made to perfection it was absolutely delicious!
    I also selected three different flavors (mint chocolate chip, almond with raspberry filling, and lemon with raspberry filling and everyone who had the cake all loved the flavors.
    I would highly recommend Diane to all my family and friends for future events. I am so blessed to have met her and would love to work with her in the future.

Joseph · Married on 09/29/2013

Please allow me and my new bride, Ruby Zoe, to share our wedding cake experience with you. Let's just start by saying Ruby is very particular about what she wants, which in our case was a four/five tier cake with buttercream icing and sugared flowers. Just 90 miles north of NYC and within shouting distance of Culinary Institute of America, how difficult can that request be one might ask? Shop around, it ain't easy to find. We called and met with several bakeries only to be informed that the weight of the sugared flowers is just too much to be supported by the buttercream, and that the only option was fondant icing. (or so we were told)

The only catch was Ruby had already found the EXACTLY the cake she wanted, which was buttercream with sugared flowers. The dilemma is that the baker was not in New York, but actually a little closer to the Boston area. I was initially rather incredulous that podunk as New York City may be, one would think it had the talent and resources to produce the cake that Ruby wanted. At Bottom, we could not find a single baker up to the task.

Finally, I got fed up with all the alternatives we were being offered, like fondant icing, or using styrofoam on a few of the layers to give more support for the flowers. Ruby was not at all happy with these alternatives, and all I wanted to do was get her the cake she wanted for our special day. We decided to take a car trip from the Hudson Valley to Worchester area of Massachusets to meet with The Cake Lady, Mrs. Dianne Rockwell. We left our meeting with Dianne confidant and elated that we were going to get the cake that we wanted aesthetically, and that our guests would be impressed with not only the design of the beautiful flowers, but the tiered flavors of the cake. (pistachio with Cocoa icing, Lemon with Raspberry, and Coconut with pineapple) They loved it!!! We even ordered a large enough cake that everyone was able to take a small box home with samplings of the cake.

cont....

Sent on 01/23/2014

Dianne Rockwell The Cake Lady's reply:

Joseph, I love that you took the time to write such a heart-felt review... thank you, thank you. It truly was my pleasure to try and capture Ruby Zoe's dream in sugar! Much love and congratulations! Best, Dianne

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2013

I would highly recommend Dianne to anyone who is looking for a wedding cake in the NE area. She was a delight to work with and she is incredibly talented! She helped us design our perfect cake and most importantly, it tasted FABULOUS! We received many compliments from our guests on both the look and taste of the cake. We can't wait to eat the top tier that we froze :)

It was a pleasure to work with Dianne for our wedding cake. My husband and I enjoyed meeting with her to discuss flavors and designs. She had many pictures of the cakes she has made to help with ideas for our own cake, and we were able to sample flavors before making our choices. Dianne is very talented, and she was easy to talk with, both in person and via phone and email. Our cake was beautiful and delicious!

• smiles

Diane · Married on 08/24/2013

Dianne Rockwell is amazing!! Her cakes are so delicious! We still get raves on how great the cake was. She was so wonderful to work with and after a tasting you end up with a box of cake. She's very detail oriented which is great during the wedding planning process that can be hectic. We always felt well taken care of and she spent the time with us to design our dream wedding cake. Everything turned out perfectly on our wedding day! She was on time and made the cake look absolutely beautiful! (And of course delicious!) I would highly recommend Dianne for your wedding cake!

judith · Married on 07/20/2013

What a wonderful person and baker/decorator!!! So many flavors to choose from! Dianne is a very nice person and easy to work with!

Kathryn · Married on 07/13/2013

My husband and I first heard about Dianne “The Cake Lady” because she was on the list of “preferred vendors” that was given to us by Lord Thompson Manor, where we were married. After reading reviews we decided that she was the person we wanted to create our wedding cake. The reviews did not let us down!! Dianne is warm, responsive, and easy to work with. But most importantly, her cakes taste and look amazing. Ever the indecisive bride when it comes to food, we sampled several flavors of cake: chocolate and peanut butter, lemon, almond, strawberry, and red velvet all with a variety of fillings and icings. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. WAS. DECADENT. We ended up going with chocolate cake with a layer of fudge and peanut butter cake for the bottom tier and almond cake with raspberry filling for the top two tiers. The cake itself was stunning. Dianne is a genius when it comes to making sugar flowers. I had stumbled across some images of cake designs that I loved on pinterest and sent them to her. She was able to merge them just the way I had envisioned. The cake truly brought a huge smile to my face when I saw it on my wedding day. All of our guests loved it too! If you choose Dianne, you won’t be disappointed!