Dhalia Edwards Reviews

Dhalia Edwards 5
Dhalia Edwards 6
Dhalia Edwards 7

Rhena · Married on 10/27/2018

Dhalia made me a glowing, stress free, beautiful bride!

I wish I could give a million stars. From the best first interaction inquiring about services, to the make up trial, to my big day Dhalia was so wonderful, patient and helpful. I really had no vision, very few pictures and gave her minimal direction and she absolutely nailed the look I didn’t even know I needed. She then replicated it for my big day, and did the same for all of my bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law. Dhalia is so lovely to work with and made the whole experience very stress-free. She was on time, professional, and all of my best gals had nothing but positive things to say about their experience. I will be using Dhalia in the future for family photos and special events.

Dhalia, thank you , thank you, thank you. You made me feel so beautiful on big day �

Sent on 10/28/2018

Nikki · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful Make-up Artist

Dhalia was absolutely wonderful. I loved my make-up at my trial, but decided two days before the wedding that I wanted something a little different for the big day. My best friend gave Dhalia some vague instructions to "glam it up" a bit-- she delivered just that while managing to keep my look soft as well. I got compliments on my make-up all night, felt beautiful, and looked perfect in all of our pictures! She flew through 4 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and myself quickly and had time to spare. Everybody's make up looked amazing in-person and in pictures. Definitely trust Dhalia on your wedding day-- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2018

Dhalia and Brittany did an AMAZING job! From the very beginning, Dhalia made me feel so comfortable with the entire makeup/beauty experience from beginning to end! I don’t typically wear a lot of makeup, but knew I wanted to look extra special on my wedding day and Dhalia hit it out of the park! I felt like the most gorgeous version of myself the entire night and received so many compliments on how flawless we all looked from beginning to end (even after dancing (and sweating) for hours)! I would recommend Dhalia and her entire beauty staff to anyone who wants to look absolutely perfect for any and all of their special occasions! Thank you SO much for everything you did not only for me, but for my entire bridal party!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Afton · Married on 10/06/2018

I can not say enough great things about Dhalia Edwards and her team!! I worked with Melissa, specifically for engagements, bridal trial, and wedding. She is AMAZING at what she does, and such a joy to work with. My mother, bridal party, along with myself looked gorgeous!! She is happy to go with any specific makeup requests, very knowledgeable when asked a million makeup questions (haha), and knocked it out of the park for those that gave her free reign. My bridal party ranged from glam to more subtle and natural looks, which were all easily accommodated. Melissa was so sweet and enjoyable to talk with all along the way. Even though we were having our makeup done, she made everyone feel beautiful with or without it:)

Weddings seem to be such a big business these days, and I am so grateful I was able to work with a makeup team that maintains a very friendly, personal vibe while remaining perfectly professional. I plan to use Dhalia and team in the future for all makeup needs.

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Lily

Lily · Married on 09/29/2018

I had the best experience working with Dhalia. She was prompt and friendly returning emails. She has a beautiful little studio in Virginia Beach. I felt like she listened and understood the look I was going for and made it happen. On my wedding day, she accommodated two extra bridesmaids (for a total of 8 people?!) because they liked her work so much. My makeup looked amazing over 12 hours later when I finally made myself take it off. I will definitely use Dhalia again and will recommend her to anyone I know looking for a makeup artist in Hampton Roads.

Sent on 10/05/2018

CAROLYN · Married on 09/22/2018

Dhalia and staff did an amazing job! I had a huge bridal party. They came to our hotel and did makeup for 13 people of all ages and skin types...and everyone looked fabulous!! They were able to let everyone’s unique personality show thru but also keep everyone looking somewhat uniform for the bridal photos.

Dhalia is also fun to work with. She’s positive and easy to talk with as makeup is going on. She listens to your wants and is able to illustrate those desires in her art.

The makeup she uses is amazing. Highest of quality and very fresh and trendy. Beautiful colors and options.

Her staff is also amazing. I would trust anyone on her team to do my makeup.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Dhalia Edwards 8
    Dhalia Edwards 9
    Dhalia Edwards 10

Hannah · Married on 09/08/2018

Dhalia did an amazing job to help me look perfect on my wedding day. She is very flexible which made it easier on my mom and I.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Marianna · Married on 09/01/2018

Dhalia is amazing, through the entire process she was responsive and helpful. Without giving her much to go on she knew exactly what look I was going for at bridal trial and wedding. The makeup lasted all night and looked beautiful. She also did my bridesmaids who looked stunning. THANK YOU Dhalia for everything, having you part of my wedding made the day that much better.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Travis · Married on 08/11/2018

Elizabeth did an amazing job with the makeup for myself, sister, and mother. She gave me the exact look I wanted and my makeup lasted throughout the whole day, even after humid heat and a crazy monsoon that came through. Elizabeth was a joy to work with and she made me feel like a beautiful bride. She and Dhalia were both professional, accommodating, and so easy to work with. I highly recommend their services - if you're thinking about getting makeup done, do yourself a favor and go ahead and book with them. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Kara · Married on 08/03/2018

Thank you so much! My makeup was amazing and lasted all night! I was so beautiful!

Sent on 08/04/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/21/2018

I am SO happy that I chose Dhalia for my engagement photos and wedding day! Her work product, professionalism, and attention to detail blew me away. Plus, she’s super fun :) She made every single person’s beauty shine with the perfect natural makeup to accentuate their individual features and skin tones. We all looked like bombshells, especially my mom! Our makeup lasted all day and through the end of the night, even through a very rainy wedding day and plenty of dancing. My wedding day would not have been as great without Dhalia!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 07/13/2018

Dhalia and Elizabeth made a great team. Everything went smoothly and everyone looked amazing. They did a fabulous job and I would recommend using them for your event.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Krystal · Married on 06/30/2018

I had the pleasure of getting my makeup done by Brittany Lamb over the weekend and to say I loved it would be an understatement! I have never loved my makeup as much as I did that day and was pleased with my entire experience! Brittany listened to my input and made sure I was comfortable with everything she was doing every step (I don't usually wear a lot of makeup so I was a little nervous to be getting my makeup done)! Brittany even came back over to me after looking at some pictures she took of my finished face and seeing something in the picture she wanted to fix, that kind of dedication and attention to detail really stood out to me! My makeup stayed perfect all night, despite being outside in the middle of summer on a hot and humid day. And to top it off, Brittany was super sweet and easy to chat with while she was working on my makeup..and didn't get annoyed with my 50 questions about all the products!! I was shocked when, after she left, one of the other bridesmaids mentioned she had only been working for the company for a few weeks! I look forward to scheduling a makeup lesson with her in the future and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have their makeup done!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Dhalia Edwards 11

Meredith · Married on 06/29/2018

Hands down I would recommend Dhalia time and time again. She showed up on time, organized, friendly and was able to communicate and adapt to any schedule changes or changes in number of girls getting their makeup done. As a bride who was planning their wedding from out of town and had limited times they were in town for a make up trial, Dhalia was more than accommodating.

Abby · Married on 06/28/2018

Dhalia and her team were amazing to work with. From my bridal trial to my wedding day, they were extremely easy to work with! I have never been good with my own makeup and was afraid of looking like someone I was not, but Dhalia made me feel so unbelievably comfortable. My girls, my mom, and myself all looked beautiful on my wedding day. I am looking forward to working with Dhalia for all of my makeup needs in the future!

Rachel · Married on 06/21/2018

I could not have been more happy with having Dhalia doing my bridesmaids, my mom, and my makeup for my wedding! She and MeLissa were so professional and they knew exactly what look be perfect for each girl! If I ever need makeup services again, I will definitely be getting in touch with Dhalia! Thanks for everything.

• Jaime

Jaime · Married on 06/16/2018

Very pleased with our experience!

First snd foremost, my wedding was at 11am and over an hour drive for Dhalia and team, which meant a very early start for all! They were promptly at our door at 5am and managed to get through 7 women and have us all happy, smiling and feeling beautiful at the cut off time. Everybody was so pleased with their looks, all which were specific and unique to each woman. We partied into the late night hours and our make up lasted through it all- the sweat of an outdoor wedding, the tears, and all the fun. I could not have been more please with Dhalia Edwards and her team. Thank you for helping to make my most favorite day so flawless!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Katherine · Married on 06/02/2018

Elizabeth at Dhalia Edwards was the makeup artist for my outdoor wedding in June. She came highly recommended and did a fantastic job on my makeup and all of my bridesmaids makeup. Elizabeth was on time for every meeting and was very professional. As someone who knows nothing about makeup, she made me feel comfortable and listened to my request of wanting to look natural. Elizabeth is a perfectionist and made sure my makeup looked flawless. I’ve never felt more beautiful as I did on my wedding and the best part was my makeup looked amazing after hours of photos, eating, drinking and dancing. If you want quality work then your money is best spent with Dhalia Edwards Makeup! You can’t go wrong!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Erica · Married on 05/26/2018

MeLissa was amazing! I do not have much experience with wearing makeup or applying it so I knew for my special day I wanted a professional. She was patient when I explained what I wanted during my makeup trial and brought more options for the day of.I felt absolutely beautiful for my wedding day, and it was great to have makeup that enhanced my natural look. I am extremely grateful for her and her services and I truly loved working with her.

Sent on 06/18/2018

katie · Married on 05/19/2018

Dhalia and her team made my mom, bridesmaids, and I look and feel our absolute best. Their work is stunning. We all had individual makeup looks that brought out our unique beauty. Dhalia was very responsive to emails, easy to work with, and punctual. When we got to our venue on the day of the wedding, her and her team were already set up and ready to go. Dhalia even agreed to stay a few minutes extra to help our videographer with a makeup shot they wanted to get. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking to get their makeup done and look gorgeous.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Jade · Married on 05/18/2018

Melissa was extremely helpful and receptive to our ideas or requests. She is extremely talented in her skills and super sweet as well. Everyone felt beautiful! Thank you!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Catherine · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so happy I had Dhalia and Elizabeth to do our makeup on my wedding day! Dhalia made me feel so relaxed starting from the bridal trial to my wedding day. She is extremely talented, and was very responsive to every email. My sister decided she wanted to have her makeup done at the last minute on the wedding day, and Dhalia worked her in. I thought that was so kind of her to do because I knew she had other appointments to go to later in the day. My bridesmaids and I had so many compliments on our makeup throughout the day. Dhalia is so beautiful inside and out and I am so happy I was able to work with her!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/06/2018

I really enjoyed Dhalia + Melissa! They were very kind + also professional. I had my bridal trial pretty early compared to when my wedding was + everything was just as I remembered + even better. I wanted a really relaxed + natural look + Dhalia nailed it. All my girls were super pleased with their makeup + felt beautiful + dolled up. Thank you both so much for playing this part in our special day!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2018

Dhalia was an absolute joy to work with preparing for and on my wedding day. I just knew I was in good hands when I went into my trail/engagement makeup and saw what a talent she is first hand, as I always heard she was! Much like my delight on how beautiful I felt/looked on the day of, all of my bridesmaids were blown away with their finished look from Dhalia. Added bonus: she is such a calming presence which made the getting ready experience for me that much better!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2018

Dhalia was great! My bridesmaids and I loved our makeup. I would definitely recommend her for any event! Booking with her and communication throughout was super easy as well.

Sent on 03/25/2018