Destination Weddings Tulum Reviews

Destination Weddings Tulum 5
Destination Weddings Tulum 6
Destination Weddings Tulum 7

Kim · Getting married on 09/07/2019

I did not ending up booking with Destination Weddings Tulum, however, that was out of their control as we decided to book our wedding in Aruba. Nonetheless, I met with Sofia and spoke extensively with Gwen prior to my scouting trip in June and their professionalism and responsiveness did not falter. They reinstilled my faith in wedding planning professionalism outside of the US and even planned a few visits for me during my time there. I only wish I could hire them for Aruba! If you're looking to get married in Tulum, an idyllic, chill spot for a wedding- make sure you see Gwen and Sofia, you won't regret it!

Micah · Married on 06/07/2018

Destination Weddings Tulum was perfect! They made me feel at ease through the whole process. They went above and beyond to make my wedding everything I imagined. I spoke regularly with them and they made sure to clarify and adjust anything. They gave great advice for Tulum itself and even helped create my rehearsal dinner as well. I was very impressed and pleased with their work. If you plan to have a destination wedding in Tulum I highly recommend using them. They are worth the price! They pay attention to detail and ensure that your wedding will be perfect! I could not be more happy with their services!

Todd · Married on 11/24/2017

Gwen and her team handled our entire wedding week in Tulum. From airport shuttle pickup, to day trips, to the wedding and to return shuttles to the airport. Everything went off flawlessly. Line was amazing coordinating custom day trips for our guests and for arranging all the shuttles to and from the airport. All our guests stayed at La Zebra (amazing) and the actual wedding was out a private house in Sian Ka'an about 30 minutes away. We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding. Javier at Ginger provided catering and it was delicious. The deserts and cake by Luna Rossa were equally stunning. Fine Art Studio provided photography and video and Fabrizio was fabulous. We had Cocoson play for a few hours during the cocktail hour and they were incredible as well.

If you want a 5-star wedding, Gwen and her team will make it happen. Our wedding was just a few days ago on 11/24 and we will upload photos in month when they are ready.

All in all, we could not have been more happy with Gwen's vision for our wedding. Her entire team came through with flying colors. Do not worry if the months before the wedding you do not receive responses to your emails right away. Be assured that Gwen is on top of everything and she will make sure you have an amazing wedding.

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

The DWT team was amazing! We worked primarily with Agnesh, who was absolutely wonderful. We are so grateful for all the incredible work they put into making our wedding and welcome party absolutely magical. We couldn’t have had a better time and we’ve heard from so many guests that they felt the same. From the decorations, to the food (Javier from Ginger catered and was phenomenal--honestly the best ceviche we've had), to the music (DJ Fermix kept everyone dancing the entire night), to the day-of execution of events, we didn't have to worry about a single thing because the DWT team took care everything and we were able to simply soak up the experience and bask in the presence of our family and friends.

We’re eternally grateful for everything the team did. They certainly executed our vision but also provided things we didn't even know we wanted but definitely appreciated. It was truly above and beyond our expectations. Our thanks are simply not enough to show how appreciative we are.

Erin · Married on 04/08/2017

I worked with Agnesh, and she was absolutely amazing! I felt like she just understood exactly what I wanted, and was willing to work with me, my mother and mother-in-law to create a great wedding!

Hannah · Married on 04/16/2016

Our experience with Destination Weddings Tulum was absolutely wonderful! We could not have had our perfect dream wedding without them. We told them exactly what we wanted and they made everything perfect and more. We worked very closely with Barbara in particular and she was so organized and thorough and was such a wonderful, kind person! We are extremely thankful to have had them help us through every step of planning and executing our wedding, from our amazing Welcome dinner at El Tabano, to our perfect wedding day! They really felt like family attending our wedding. Thank you SO much everyone at Destination Weddings Tulum, we miss you all and hope to see you on our next visit to one of our favorite places on earth, the beautiful Tulum!! Hannah & Joe

Rochelle · Married on 01/07/2016

Absolutely the most incredible wedding I have ever seen.... and I couldn't believe it was for us!! We met with Barbara about a year before our wedding to walk through wedding options in Tulum. Immediately she had found a new location, Hacienda Chekul in Sian Ka'an. WOW, was it ever magical from the pictures. We entrusted Barbara and her team to execute all details of our wedding and she was an absolute professional and pleasure to work with. We actually didn't see the location of the wedding until the day of the wedding, so trust was an extremely important factor. Throughout the process Barbara was helpful, insightful and very detail oriented with every step of the way. The day of the wedding came and we were absolutely blown away with everything. The location, food, decor, details, location, villa....everything! If I had to recommend a wedding planner to anyone I would absolutely refer them to Barbara and her team, even if it were in the US! There are not enough words to describe our experience and it was the best day of our lives.

Valerie · Married on 12/12/2015

Jared & I are so excited for our wedding this year on 12/12/15 in Tulum, MX. We are so happy we were introduced to Gwen and the team at Destination Weddings Tulum. Having them has made the whole wedding planning experience almost stress free! They cover all of the details and really care about what we want. They are not at all a wedding factory! (A huge fear of ours.) DWT's eye for atheistic and taste for food and wine gives me every confidence in the world that this is going to be a seamless, joyful day! We have 60 people coming from all over the US and they are taking care of every travel detail. Can't wait to update this review after the big day!

Katie · Married on 12/05/2015

Words cannot express our gratitude for Gwen and her planning team. My friends would tell me how stressful planning is but I can honestly say that working with DWT allowed us to relax and really enjoy the process. The value of the service is remarkable, as every last detail was planned from our guests transportation to hotel arrangements, our rehearsal dinner, welcome bags, and of course the special day. Getting married in Tulum is now one of our fondest memories and we have the team to truly thank for making this experience so memorable. I would highly recommend and insist that anyone who is in need of a planner would use Destination Weddings Tulum. The team is professional, communicates very well, and is accommodating for any request that they can make possible. They were fun to work with and we are sad that the wedding is over because it was such a great experience to work with Gwen and her team!

• I

Ivona · Married on 11/28/2015

We just got back home from Mexico and I wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the wonderful celebration you helped us organize. Everything was perfect, just the way I envisioned it: from the flowers and candles to the staff, food and music. The officiant was fantastic – what a warm person and great energy. The venue couldn’t not be more perfect and the photographer you recommended was exceptional. My friends are saying the pictures belong in a magazine – but what’s more important, they capture the joy my husband and I and the entire family felt. Barbara’s suggestions about the timing of the segments of the ceremony were spot on and you even made sure the weather cooperated  No wonder you run such a successful business!

Eva · Married on 11/14/2015

Nilay and I want to thank you and your stuff at Destination Weddings Tulum so much. The job everyone did was beyond amazing. The chief who created our wedding menu was just simply the best we could wish for. Decorations and ambience, music and mood created by your team made this wedding the best wedding we ever attended. And how amazing that this happen to be Our Wedding! !!!! We are so happy you made everything go as smooth as possible. We truly feel this is was the best wedding ever!!!!

Gwen thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

Forever yours,

Eva and Nilay

• F

Farina · Married on 11/07/2015

Barbara and her ENTIRE team especially Gwen and Agnesh were AMAZING. My entire vision came to life and I had the best night ever. They made the entire night perfect, none of it could have happened without them. You would be crazy to not hire them for your wedding, period.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!! Love, Farina and Dan

• W

Wanna · Married on 06/06/2015

Dearest Gwen (&DWT) ,

We thought this wedding would be about the two of us, and we thought we knew what we wanted. But it was you who really listened and understood us, and knew how make this celebration epic. Your creativity and vision of this event was bigger than anything we could have dreamed of, and you made it all happen. I mean, what wedding planner makes a double rainbow in the sky timed perfectly between cocktails and dinner? You do.

What you do, no one else does, we are sure of this! We appreciated your honest opinions and all the options you gave us to curate this wonderful happening. All the months leading to the wedding, thank you for organizing it all so we didn't have to. We never thought we would feel so calm and relaxed at the altar of our marriage. You were so present with us at all times, seeing us through the budget, the people at Puro Corazon for the welcome party, your staff who decorated Casa Palapa so beautifully and tastefully, Javier who made the incredible food, Fermix the DJ, the Marimba players who kept playing in the rain, the bartenders, the people breaking down tables while we kept dancing - each person had a smile and you could feel that everyone really cared for us all. I felt like you had a whole family who welcomed us into their home.

4 months later, we are still getting messages from our family and friends about how that was not just an amazing wedding, but the best trip ever of their lives. From the moment your staff picked our guests up at the airport, to delivering a paella for my hungry family, to all the great accommodations / activities you organized, to sending us an amazing massage therapist for the wedding morning, to gracefully handling drunk people wanting to make a speech, to carrying a churros cart into a really difficult place - you went above and beyond what any superhuman might do.

You are, in short, the best, and you will always be in our hearts.

Love and Gratitude,
    W + T
    Philippines + Sweden

Robin · Married on 02/21/2015

My husband and I had a wonderful, easy and organized experience working with Barbara, Gwen and the rest of the team at Destination Weddings Tulum for our wedding. We planned three events for our wedding weekend and each event completely exceeded our expectations! The staff worked like clockwork to ensure everything went off without a hitch. Barbara had great ideas and suggestions for venues, decor, and food and it all turned out wonderfully. We have had nearly every single person tell us it was the most beautiful, organized and fun wedding that they had ever been attended. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out. We would absolutely and unequivocally recommend Destination Weddings Tulum to anyone planning their wedding in Tulum!

Emma · Married on 08/30/2014

We were married in Tulum at Cabanas La Luna in August this year. As a destination wedding, I was unsure about how to go about planning my wedding and not sure how I would cope with not having complete control, and planning at an arms length. Anne-Sophie ensured that the whole experience was completely stress free and easy. She was responsive, organised, flexible and incredibly perceptive to my ideas. Not only was the planning a breeze, enjoyable and fun, she ensured that the day went without a hitch and in fact ensured that my wedding was more beautiful and magical than I could have ever expected.
    We met Anne-Sophie in person only a handful of days prior to the wedding. I immediately felt rapport with her in person as much as I had via our email conversations. This put my mind completely at ease and gave me complete confidence that my day would be incredible.
    Thank you so very much Anne-Sophie! You ensured that the journey to my wedding was a breeze and that the day was more than perfect. My experience of planning my wedding with you was professional and organised, yet lovely, personal and relaxed!!!

Kristina · Married on 07/12/2014

Both my husband and I have always dreams of having our wedding on the beautiful pristine beach of Tulum - so we started planning the event of our lives. I've heard horror stories of brides dealing with destination wedding planners - things don't go as planned, miscommunicattion, misunderstanding and so on and so on. Well, contrary to all the rumors we've heard, Destination Weddings Tulum has been nothing but pleasure and ease to work with. Our planner, Anne-Sophie, went out of her way to accommodate us and make sure everything we wanted happened exactly the way we wanted. She did a phenomenal job with decorations and set up; her planning and coordination during the event were seamless; her professionalism and hard work were admirable. She made sure I didn't have a worry in the world - other than my hair, make up and dress :) Thanks to Anne-Sophie and her amazing team our wedding was incredible and better than what we could have ever imagined.
    I wish I could relive that day over and over again...
    We cannot thank you enough for everything you've done!!!!

Erin · Married on 04/26/2014

We dealt mainly with Anne-Sophie for our wedding, and it was truly the best day ever. The attention to detail, time spent going back and forth making decisions, the suggestions as to what might work best, and the general care taken to make sure the day was what we wanted, were all amazing. Our wedding was very much centred around making sure our friends and family had a great time, from the time the got to Tulum to when they left, and we would not have been able to do everything we wanted to without their help. Best. Day. Ever. Thank you, wish we had you all around to make the rest of our lives run so smoothly!

Sincere thanks to Anne-Sophie Gaborit - she was a wonderful planner. Very organised, responsive, respectful, and cool under pressure.

Alexa · Married on 02/08/2014

Anne-Sophie made our wedding happen. No question about it. I'm a type A former event planner who thought I could handle the vicissitudes of planning a wedding in Mexico. HA HA. Anne-Sophie managed everyone with ease, including a super difficult hotel owner who claimed I owed her several thousand dollars I'd already wired her the night before our wedding. Anne-Sophie was always in our corner, and we trusted her completely. We adored her and would be friends if we lived in Mexico. She understood exactly what I wanted and made good design decisions when I couldn't be there. Was thrilled to work with her and would again in a heartbeat.

Di Grazia · Married on 07/12/2013

Nous avons eu un mariage exceptionnel. Bien plus beau que ce que nous aurions pu imaginer. Nous avons émis une idee et ils nous ont organisé un mariage de rêve. Plein de conseils et très flexible quand la mariée change d'avis régulièrement.
    Aucun stress le jour du mariage. Tout etait géré. Ils ont fait preuve d'un grand professionnalisme.
    De plus notre budget initial a été respecté.
    La prestation ne s'est pas arrêté la. Nos famille et amis ont été tres bien pris en charge (vol, transfert, logement, excursion, accompagnement à l'hôpital de blessé,...)
    Si on devait le refaire on ne changerai absolument rien. Cela était parfait

Vivian · Married on 06/24/2017

We just had our wedding in Tulum on 6/24/17, and we cannot possibly express our appreciation enough for our experience with Agnesh and DWT in general. It was such a pleasure to find DWT and get to work with the wonderful team, especially Agnesh. Since the beginning of our consultation, Agnesh really spent time listening to us and understanding what we wanted for our wedding. She arranged a trip for us to visit the venues in person, do a trial with the markup artist and the chef, and have a talk with the DJ, which was a really productive trip and made us realize that we were in good hands. Throughout the planning, she made sure that we were 100% comfortable with every detail of the wedding, while she also gave really valuable and tasteful advices. Based on our discussion with Agnesh, we knew that she has great tastes and we trusted her recommendations for various local vendors, including the florist (my bouquets and flower crown were simply amazing), the photographer, the live band, the makeup artist, the pastry and chef, the venue, the DJ, the pillow and tent rental place and so on. It turned out they were all extremely competent and exceeded our expectations! We received so many compliments from the guests about how incredible every detail was. We could not thank Agnesh enough for working with us to make this dream wedding come true. She was also very accommodating throughout the planning and took every suggestion from us seriously. For instance, she recreated the photo booth and the ceremony canopy we wanted from Pinterest, and created a casual feeling of the ceremony by having the guests sit on straw mats and colorful moroccan style pillows which was exactly what we wanted. The flower centerpieces, the lighting, the name cards, the polaroid photo book, the succulents name card holders, and the lunch order on the wedding day...everything was just perfect :)

We also really appreciate Laura's help for guests logistics and group activities. Everyone had fun!

Dick · Married on 01/16/2016

Gwen's team provided the support and creativity to exceed our daughter's "dream wedding" expectations. Comments of those in attendance were a testimony to the thoroughness of DTW's planning and use of the appropriate resources. From the start DTW quickly grasp the look and feel of what our daughter wanted and gave us the confidence it could be created. Her attention to budgeting and costs were very professional and helpful in the decision making process.

Based on our Tulum wedding day experience, we highly recommend Destination Weddings Tulum for your event. They are responsive, experienced, kind, and highly professional. Our wedding planner is now a good friend. Even our families were saying how impressed they were with the quality of service from our planner, Anne-Sophie!

This company was recommended to us by our wedding venue, Cabanas La Luna (CLL) in Tulum. We were connected with our wedding planner (Anne-Sophie) 12 months before the wedding to begin discussing details. Anne-Sophie was very friendly, gracious and accommodated all of our requests (we had a lot of them). She told us, "We know how difficult it can be to plan a destination wedding, so we will be your eyes and ears here in Tulum!" This was completely true for us! Anne-Sophie emailed with us regarding all of the details up until the day we traveled to Tulum and helped us develop a Program for the entire rehearsal and wedding day. She even traveled to great lengths to find us 30 special Mexican blankets for our guests! Once we arrived, Anne-Sophie met with us at CLL and we went over the entire program, which completely calmed our pre-wedding anxiety. My wife and I were completely relaxed for the rehearsal and wedding because Anne-Sophie was on top of everything. Her timing was perfect. We felt like she knew our style and went over the top to make this our perfect day.

Overall, Destination Weddings Tulum made our dream day come true and we are forever grateful. If you want to put your event in the hands of a knowledgeable, friendly, and experienced staff, go with Destination Weddings Tulum.

Erin · Married on 10/29/2013

We can't imagine planning our wedding without the inspiring work of Anne-Sophie and Destination Weddings Tulum. She quickly understood our concept and executed every detail with creativity and calm. A destination wedding can have many questions and Anne-Sophie was always there to give us reassurance and answers. There were many moments when she literally saved the day... like when our welcome baskets were stuck in customs. We can not recommend her enough to anyone planning a wedding in Tulum! Even after the wedding I feel like I now have a friend in Tulum and hope to catch up next time I am there!!

Jacob · Married on 04/14/2018

Agnesh and the DWT team threw a wedding that my wife, our friends and I will remember forever. We decided on Tulum and planned our wedding in 90 days (I recommend this plan of attack to everyone). In addition, our pre-negotiated venue bailed on us with ~1 month until the wedding date, and Agnesh and her team supported us every step of the way in making a smooth transition to a better venue on very short notice.

In general, things are generally "unprofessional" in Tulum - this can be difficult for A-type Americans to deal with. It certainly was for me. But you simply have to accept it - sometimes its on the DWT team, but oftentimes its on the vendors who simply aren't communicating in a timely manner with DWT. That being said, when the wedding weekend comes, the DWT team and their vendors are out in full force and are a complete and total MACHINE! Everything ran without a hitch for the entire weekend, and we were able to enjoy ourselves fully without worrying about particulars.

I'd also point out that my wife was never one to grow up dreaming of her perfect wedding day, but she does have a very defined sense of style. Agnesh was a very patient listener and worked with her through every twist and turn of our abbreviated process to bring us a wedding that made a lasting impression on all who attended.

We are in love with Tulum, and Agnesh and the DWT were able to convey that love to our guests in a very authentic, unassuming way. We consider Agnesh a friend and look forward to spending time with her whenever we are in Tulum. We highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for wedding coordination services in the area.