Destination Weddings Tulum Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Samantha G. Married on 11/06/2021

The ultimate Tulum wedding experience

It’s been approximately 2 weeks since our wedding and I’m still on cloud 9. My husband & I combined our dream vision of a beach/bohemian vibe wedding and Agnesh truly brought it to life. I was skeptical of working with a wedding planner at first as I’m that type to want to get things done on my own, but working with Agnesh and her team was easily the best decision. I met with Agnesh on countless virtual meetings, we chatted thru WhatsApp all the time, and during a visit to our venue in May, she took the time to meet with my fiancé and I for a quick meet and greet with a drink. Agnesh made me feel at ease and excited at the same time, every month leading up to the wedding. On the big day, before I walked out into the ceremony, Agnesh gave me warm hug and told me I looked so beautiful. The sweetest thing about that moment was that it felt 100% genuine. It’s one thing for my husband Levy & I to walk away and say “Wow… Agnesh and her team killed it”; but when you have all your wedding guests complimenting her her service…. now that speaks volumes. Thank you Agnesh, Sofia, Luna and Helen for all that you did in making our special day so beautiful.
  • Carrie
    Carrie F. Married on 10/15/2021

What a dream team!

If you are thinking of getting married in Tulum, there is only one team you should trust with your special day... Destination Weddings Tulum!

Our wedding planner was Agnesh. From start to finish, she was there to support us in our wedding planning. She guided us through each step and made the planning almost effortless. The whole team was there to support us on our journey to our special day and we will be forever grateful. There is no limit to what this team can do. They assisted us in finding a location for our venue, a location for our welcome dinner, accommodations for our visit prior to wedding, tastings, local hot spots to visit, setting up transportation for our guests... you name it and they were there to help.

When we arrived in Tulum, we felt as though Agnesh was family! Her and her team were organized and went above and beyond to make sure our day was special. On the day of our wedding, it started to rain in the morning (to be expected). Agnesh, was on the beach praying for the clouds to part and the weather to pass. Even the gods know how special she is because the clouds did part and the weather ended up being AMAZING for our wedding day!

There are no words that can truly express the professionalism of this group but more than that how much we truly care for each of their parts in our day and mostly to Agnesh. She holds a special place in our heart and we would like to believe we left Tulum with a lifelong friend.

Look no further. These are your gals. I promise you wont regret it!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 10/10/2021

Absolute perfection!

To say our big day was anything less than perfect would be an understatement. Agnes and her incredible team pulled off not only the wedding of our dreams, but an entire weekend of carefully curated events that provided the most magical experience we could have ever imagined. I asked for a sophisticated, intimate, jungle glam, disco wedding (a lot, I know:) ... and boy did I get exactly that!!! From the design and flowers, to the unparalleled food and drink, EPIC music (both DJ and live), logistics, and most importantly, the service each and every vendor provided ... it was perfect. Agnes and her team are not only wildly creative and provide next level professionalism, but they are so fun, have very strong relationships with their vendors (very important!), and are genuinely excited to plan each and every experience, just as you imagined it. I must also add ... Covid bride here, so after three date changes and a location change to our beloved Tulum ... Agnes and her team made it all happen in less than 6 months. And the best part, I consider them all to be friends now!! Worth every penny:)
  • Amelia
    Amelia H. Married on 06/11/2021

Our dream wedding in Tulum!!

It's tough to put into words how incredible our wedding was!! We got married in Nov 2019 at the Akiin Beach Club in Tulum Mexico with the amazing team at DWT. Agnes Toth was our wedding planner and she made all of our dreams come true. We had the chance to visit Tulum twice in the year leading up to our wedding. Each visit, Agnes would take time to meet with us, take us to meet vendors, set up floral table trials, food tastings, and cocktail tastings! The whole wedding process was made simple and enjoyable by Agnes and the team at DWT. Agnes went above and beyond what I expected and I would absolutely recommend DWT to any Tulum brides!! She also coordinated our rehearsal dinner, met with the restaurant and ensured we had enough tables for all 50 guests. There were also cabs waiting at the end of the night for us to depart. All of this, I would have had to worry about, but Agnes made it a breeze!

On the day of our wedding, everything was flawless!! It was such a magical day filled with extra special touches. I was especially grateful that Agnes and the DWT team were able to stay within our budget, while still keeping everything that was important to us.

We are eternally grateful to DWT for making our wedding the best day of our lives!!!
    David Married on 05/13/2021

The best wedding team in tulum hands down

We had our wedding in Tulum on 5/15/21. It was beautiful and perfect in every way. Hiring DWT was the first and best decision we made for our wedding. We worked with Agnesh as our planner and she was just so amazing from the beginning. She listened to all of our wants and ideas, and always made them happen with a huge smile. She will remember every single detail, even small details we mentioned in passing...she would remember. She always gave us vendor options with descriptions making the process so organized and easy for us. And every vendor she recommended was just incredibly talented and professional. Agnesh helped us design and build a custom dance floor that was perfect for our space... it was so epic. Whatever you want, this person will make it happen for you with a great attitude along the way. We can't say enough good things about how amazing Agnesh is at what she does. Anytime we had a new idea or even would just show a random photo of what we wanted this team would make it happen for us. It was pretty amazing.

When you work with DWT not only get a planner like Agnesh, but an entire team of designers, staff, concierge, etc. All of them were on point. The travel concierge Helen was amazing as well. She helped us book a wedding wide trip to a cenote the day before our ceremony. She helped us plan and book transportation for our guests. When there were some obstacles along the way, like some road closures, she was incredeibly kind, professional, and responsive to help any issues get resolved. The designer sofia was also super amazing. There even more amazing team members that pitched in help during our wedding week. Trust us, These are the ladies you want in your corner.

Please take our advice, if you are planning a wedding in this area, hire this team. You're going to get every thing we mentioned above as well as their incredible relationships with vendors and locations. Its just the best of the best all around. Everything from the food, music, photographers, video team..incredible. Every single one of our guests told us it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Thank you DWT!
    Kate M. Married on 05/01/2021

Amazing!! Agnes at DTWS was a dream wedding planner!

Agnes and her team did an amazing job planning our entire wedding! Agnes guided us through each step providing the best recommendations and vendors. She was so patient and helpful through out the whole process. When we arrived in Tulum, she took care of all the details for the entire weekend. We felt like guests at our own wedding because she took care of everything making our wedding weekend amazing and stress free! The wedding was perfect and exactly what we had hoped for all due to the DTW team's hard work. Thank you all so much again!
  • Megan
    Megan G. Married on 05/01/2021

Professional and Detail Oriented

I worked with Destination Wedding Tulum for my April 2021 wedding. I worked mostly with Sofia and Amandine. I wanted a simple wedding that let the venue shine but wasn't exactly sure what that would look like. I gave them some descriptor words and a few inspiration pictures and WOW, the design they created was beautiful!! They also kept my budget in mind and made sure I was comfortable with everything. It made wedding planning just about as stress free as it can be. On the day of, they took care of every little detail the entire night and I didn't have to worry about a thing. It was such a magical day thanks to them. I would highly recommend their services!
  • Dustin
    Dustin H. Married on 04/03/2021

DWT did an amazing job for us

Everything was beautiful and the detail was incredible. We had to rely on her suggestions for most of our vendors because we were traveling from Dallas to Tulum for the wedding and didn't have an opportunity to meet with them in person prior. All of the vendors she suggested were great. Our coordinator was very responsive and was available every night of our wedding weekend to make sure everything went off without a hitch. None of it would have been possible without DWT.
  • Alanna
    Alanna B. Married on 11/01/2020

Our Dream Wedding

We had the most magical wedding we could have asked for.
    Agnesh and her team were so amazing to work with from day one, always very responsive and providing us with everything we needed! We had to postpone our wedding from 2020 to 2021 and they made this negotiation with the hotel and vendors seamless and so easy.
    During the wedding day & weekends activities, Agnesh was there thinking about every single little detail so that we could enjoy our time with our guests, each other and so that we could be present in the moment to take in every special second as it happened, without having to worry about the organisation of it all.

We would highly recommend Destination Weddings Tulum to help plan and organise the wedding of your dreams with little to no stress and just pure enjoyment as it all unfolds on the day in front of your eyes.

❤️
  • Dominique
    Dominique F. Married on 03/24/2020

Amazing Tulum Wedding planner

We can only say great things about Line and the wedding planning team at Destination Weddings Tulum. They helped us plan our Tulum elopement from California, and were incredibly responsive the entire time. We didn’t have a venue, photographer, makeup artist, hairstylist, or anything, but Line and her team helped with every detail, and every vendor. We will definitely be contacting them if and when we return to tulum for our anniversary parties 🎉
  • Cindy
    Cindy R. Married on 03/11/2020

Listened to what we wanted and would absolutely recommend!

Worked with Destination Wedding Planner online and over phone. I was nervous about conveying what I wanted. They definitely made sure I was happy and the actual wedding and everything turned out better then I could have ever imagined !!! Exceptional service and detail !
    Cindy R. Married on 03/11/2020

Amazing!! Destination Weddings were fantastic and really listened to what I wanted !

Could not have imagined that our wedding would have turned out so perfect by doing all of the planning online!!! I can’t say enough good things about Destination Weddings and would highly recommend !!!
  • Gregory
    Gregory B. Married on 02/29/2020

A unique magical wedding, and beyond.

We could be considered a true wedding planner nightmare. Our several wedding events spread out over 4 days and included 5 different locations, so many activities and surprises planned, for over 80 souls from all over the world who have “seen it all”... We changed our minds, made decisions last minute (even had a very rare issue with our bank!) and at the end of the day: it was for both of us and all our guest (unanimously): THE BEST WEDDING EVER EXPERIENCED! Mildred and her team really went above and beyond to help us make this dream and vision come true, we couldn’t have done without them. They stayed focused and available and professional throughout, always friendly and smiling, keeping us calm, helping us with easy or difficult vendors, taking care of our guests...you name it: they delivered. We are forever grateful and thankful.
  • Jehan
    Jehan S. Married on 01/06/2020

THE most MAGICAL wedding weekend in Tulum - all thanks to the DWT team.

My now husband and I live in Dallas and we blindly booked our venue at Casa Malca in Tulum without ever seeing or visiting the hotel. After combing through online reviews extensively, we decided DWT was who we wanted to work with to make our dream day come true. We worked with Line, who is not only kind, personable, reliable and responsive, she is on top of EVERYTHING. When planning, we couldn't have imaged a global pandemic, like COVID-19, would happen and some of our guests would cancel just days before our big day. Line and her team quickly jumped into action, working to cancel rentals like our dance floor and adjust our headcount for rentals and with our vendors, etc. Throughout all this, Line checked on me often to see how i was doing - which i truly appreciated. We two events before our wedding day. We hosted a dinner at Gitano - we had a small party, and Lined helped us reserve a table. The next night, we had dinner at la Popular at Nomade. Marianna and Line took my vision to the next level for what i wanted the tables to look like. Strangers were walking by and taking photos of the tables before we sat down. After dinner, we had a bonfire. Nomade was already having a bonfire and allowed us to make it our own. The DWT team set up the most beautiful smores bar and and cigar bar. When it came to our wedding day, i couldn't have imagined a more perfect experience. From all the vendors Line recommended, to the work Marianna and the other girls put in to planning and design, everything was magical. I couldn't imagine this day without Line. She went above and beyond and was a big part of our wedding weekend. My family and friends adored her, too. Line and DWT, Dustin and I can't thank you enough. The sweet memories of our perfect weekend are what's getting us through being quarantined during this COVID-19 crisis. THANK YOU!!
  • Jeff
    Jeff B. Married on 11/16/2019

Magical Day Couldn't Have Happened without DWT!

When my wife Jessica and I decided to get married in our favorite place on Earth, Tulum, I was pretty sure that we could plan and organize a pretty sweet party on our own. Man, was I ever naive. Not only was I wrong, but (aside from proposing to my wife) hiring Mildred and the Destinations Wedding Tulum team was probably the smartest decision I've ever made! Planning such a monumental event has more moving parts than I could ever imagine, and trying to fit together all the puzzle pieces from another country is close to impossible. Mildred made the entire process manageable, seamless and dare I say, enjoyable. She was happy to hop on nearly weekly What'sApp calls with us, was quick to answer our non-stop emails jam packed with questions and always managed to reply with a warm and cheerful disposition, even when the pressure was on.
    When planning our epic party and working with a planner we had countless decisions to make but Mildred had the ability to narrow down the best choices that fit within our vision of the wedding and also within our budget.
    Further, they assembled a top notch team to help with table design, introduced us to an incredible chef, found our magical venue and achieved the overall look and feel of the property that we had dreamt of in a space that had never even hosted a wedding. She and the team also helped organize travel for our guests, a group trip to a cenote, an incredible welcome party, rehearsal dinner and even a morning after brunch.
    The day of the wedding was an absolute dream. The weather was perfect. The DWT team was on point. Things always come up during an event of this scale but Mildred was poised under pressure and smoothed out any issues that came up. My wife and I had very little to worry about other than making sure that the mezcal was flowing freely and that our guests had the best night ever haha. It was truly incredible what Mildred and her team accomplished.
    When you're spending as much as you are on a wedding in Tulum you may think it's wise to cut back on something like having a wedding planner. Let me reinforce to you - Mildred and DWT are worth every peso, er, dollar (everyone charges in USD$ for weddings in Tulum!) it costs to hire them. I can honestly say that our magical day couldn't have happened without Destination Weddings Tulum and highly recommend them for your upcoming destination wedding.
  • Carmen
    Carmen S. Married on 11/15/2019

Dream team for my dream wedding

Raquel and the DWT team made my wedding dreams come true! Working with Raquel was super easy and decreased our stress immensely as soon as we hired her. We definitely would not have been able to pull off our destination wedding in Riviera Maya without Raquel and the team. Raquel is knowledgeable about the best vendors in the area and recommended most of the vendors we hired and helped to coordinate communications and payment with them. Raquel made me and my husband feel at ease with everything leading up to the big day by being super responsive, listening to our wants and needs, and making sure that we had everything we needed before leaving for Mexico. We did have one major hiccup which was outside of DWTs hands but they handled it like pros and the day ended up being the most perfect day. I wish I could do it all over again. Thank you to Raquel and the DWT. Don't hesitate to hire them for you destination wedding! You won't regret it.
  • Maria
    Maria M. Married on 11/01/2019

Great Experience with DWT!

We worked with Agnesh and she did a fantastic job planning our wedding! We were not able to make the trip to Tulum prior to our wedding for trials so we defaulted on Agnesh's recommendations for everything from vendors to hire (photo/makeup/music/etc.) to food selection to decor and everything turned out perfectly! She was very helpful in guiding us through the entire process and was intuitive in knowing exactly what we wanted. We also had a lot of help from Mildred, who attended our welcome party + wedding and made sure all events ran smoothly. The DTW afforded us the most perfect, stress-free experience - we couldn't have pulled it off without their help! I honestly think at least half of our guests told us this was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. We even had venue staff come up to tell us this was the best party they've ever been apart of. I highly recommend hiring DTW and getting married in Tulum, I'm so sad it's over and wish I could do it over again!
    Kim Married on 09/07/2019
    I did not ending up booking with Destination Weddings Tulum, however, that was out of their control as we decided to book our wedding in Aruba. Nonetheless, I met with Sofia and spoke extensively with Gwen prior to my scouting trip in June and their professionalism and responsiveness did not falter. They reinstilled my faith in wedding planning professionalism outside of the US and even planned a few visits for me during my time there. I only wish I could hire them for Aruba! If you're looking to get married in Tulum, an idyllic, chill spot for a wedding- make sure you see Gwen and Sofia, you won't regret it!
    Audrey Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect Experience

I don't even know where to begin on how much we loved working with this team!
    We started the planning process with Gwen as our planner, who guided us to our venues and all of the first big decisions we had to make. Closer to our wedding date Mildred took over (Gwen was on leave) and she worked endlessly to make our final dream come true!
    They were both absolute perfection from beginning to end!

When you get married in a destination that you are not local to, you really rely on your planners and it was such a delight working with these girls that just understood every part of our vision. Any request we had- they made a reality. Mildred worked so hard to make sure that every single detail we requested was present, while also paying close attention to our budget. We appreciated that SO much. Every single email, odd request, random question. was answered quickly and fully- Mildred you are so special and we are so thankful for all the time you spent on those final details!

They are truly full service and will organize anything you need during your wedding weekend. From the most perfect welcome party, to the wedding of our dreams, to my birthday party the day after the wedding- the team planned 3 full events seamlessly! There was not a single thing that was missing or went wrong the entire weekend, something I hear is very rare when it comes to weddings and we are so grateful for the team's hard work to make that happen.

Mildred, Gwen, and entire DWT team- thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day so special! We will never stop smiling when we think of the night you created for us!

Audrey & Tommy
  • Keila
    Keila S. Married on 04/27/2019

Agnesh and DWT gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Agnesh and DWT gave us the wedding of our dreams! Planning a destination wedding can be stressful and requires a lot of trust, but we had no reason to worry with Agnesh! She really understood our vision and helped take our inspiration and make it unique to us. Agnesh could not have been more patient with our concerns and even communicated with both sides of the family leading up to the wedding day. We were so impressed with every vendor that she recommended and we wholeheartedly trust her opinion. We did encounter one problem with our venue (completely unrelated to Agnesh/DWT) and don’t think we could have resolved it without her. The wedding day itself was seamless and Agnesh went above and beyond to help keep me and the entire wedding party stress free. Honestly our wedding was perfect and it has inspired so many guests to have a destination wedding. We cannot thank Agnesh and the DWT team enough!!!
  • Manuela
    Manuela O. Married on 04/27/2019

Our wedding in Tulum on April 2019

DWT helped us design and plan our beautiful wedding in Tulum. Gwen and Raquel were very professional and helpful. It was a pleasure working with them for almost a year. They captured our ideas and inspiration and made it a reality on our wedding day. Raquel was with us every step of the way during the planning process and completely hands on the day of where she went above and beyond what we expected. We were able to relax and enjoy our wedding because we knew we were in good hands. They were truly amazing, it was the best investment we made when planning our destination wedding.
    David R. Married on 02/24/2019

Excellent Service!

I attended a wedding that Line planned, and had an excellent experience. We communicated primarily by email, and she was professional and very responsive. She arranged transportation and accommodations with little hassle, and even handled last minute requests with grace. I strongly recommend her services!
    Max B. Married on 01/26/2019

A Pleasure to Work With

Why we chose DWT...

We interviewed no fewer than 5 planners before deciding to work with DWT. All of the other planners we had spoken with were making the same recommendations in terms of locations and options. We had spent some time in Túlum previously getting a sense of what we wanted to do and where, and we just weren't feeling what the other planners were recommending. Their suggestions felt too turn-key. It's Túlum after all, so we wanted our wedding to be as unique as the place that 100 of our nearest and dearest would be traveling to.

When we finally spoke with DWT it became abundantly clear that they had more on the ground knowledge of the area than the other planners we had spoken to. Sofía made venue recommendations for both the ceremony and the reception that weren't even on our radar. After a week or so, DWT found exactly what we were looking for on the essentials (ceremony and reception venues), and we signed up with them.

The experience...

I'm not sure if DWT has multiple planners but we were fortunate enough to work with Sofía. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, just a solid human being frankly. We had done a ton of research before we started working with her, and if there was a vendor she was skeptical about she was honest. She saved us money where she could, and overall she was respectful of our budget and responsive to our needs and concerns. She really empowered us to facilitate what our guests continue to tell us was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

Ultimately, weddings are about the people: The couple sets the tone and your guests play a big role in facilitating a lifetime of memories. But a planner is a part of those people too.
    We highly recommend DWT (and Sofía specifically) as she was great to work with and had all the answers to our questions. Sofía gets 6 out of 5 stars!

One constructive criticism, NOT related to Sofía. There are other members of the DWT team that assist with items such as excursions for guests, transportation from the airport and the like. We had one activity for our guests where we took 55 people on a cenote excursion followed by a lunch. While the guests ultimately enjoyed the trip, the bride and groom had a tremendous amount of stress created due to how unorganized everything was. The organizer wasn't on the ground to ensure the shuttles didn't leave people behind (they did, twice), and the process for getting into the cenotes wasn't vetted which caused significant delays. All in all the 55 adventurers did a lot of waiting around, and for such a large excursion we felt that the organizer should have been on the ground to facilitate the shuttles and the entrance to the cenotes that she had been the one to setup. This was the first day that most of our guests had arrived, so the ordeal was a bit of an embarrassment for us.

In spite of that singular fiasco, we have no reservations about recommending DWT.
  • Lisa
    Lisa E. Married on 01/09/2019

Helpful, professional and friendly.

We had a very positive experience with Gwen and the whole team at destination weddings Tulum. Our ceremony was intimate and small and it was lovely to have a personal and bespoke service. We were very happy with the order of the day, the ceremony, organisation and attention to detail. Everything was well thought out and delivered professionally. We enjoyed giving our input but equally happy with all the suggestions and ideas that were given that helped to make our day perfect. Thank you to the team for everything and for helping us create some wonderful memories. Would highly recommend.
    Anthony F. Married on 11/18/2018

Great experience

We got married in Tulum in Nov of 2018 with the help of Agnesh from DWT. Her professionalism and guidance was outstanding. She knows a lot about organizing weddings, relationship with all the best vendors and to help she is very tasteful and speaks a dozen of languages, which helps with communication! All the back office work of accountability and budgeting is also very well done. Would definitely recommend. We wish we could get married again!