42 Reviews for Destination Weddings Tulum

Timelines (2)
To-Do Lists (1)
Referrals (1)
42 Destination Weddings Tulum Reviews

I did not ending up booking with Destination Weddings Tulum, however, that was out of their control as we decided to book our wedding in Aruba. Nonetheless, I met with Sofia and spoke extensively with Gwen prior to my scouting trip in June and their professionalism and responsiveness did not falter. They reinstilled my faith in wedding planning professionalism outside of the US and even planned a few visits for me during my time there. I only wish I could hire them for Aruba! If you're looking to get married in Tulum, an idyllic, chill spot for a wedding- make sure you see Gwen and Sofia, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/7/19, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Reception

Destination Weddings Tulum was perfect! They made me feel at ease through the whole process. They went above and beyond to make my wedding everything I imagined. I spoke regularly with them and they made sure to clarify and adjust anything. They gave great advice for Tulum itself and even helped create my rehearsal dinner as well. I was very impressed and pleased with their work. If you plan to have a destination wedding in Tulum I highly recommend using them. They are worth the price! They pay attention to detail and ensure that your wedding will be perfect! I could not be more happy with their services!

Profile Picture Micah, 6/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Agnesh and the DWT team threw a wedding that my wife, our friends and I will remember forever. We decided on Tulum and planned our wedding in 90 days (I recommend this plan of attack to everyone). In addition, our pre-negotiated venue bailed on us with ~1 month until the wedding date, and Agnesh and her team supported us every step of the way in making a smooth transition to a better venue on very short notice.

In general, things are generally "unprofessional" in Tulum - this can be difficult for A-type Americans to deal with. It certainly was for me. But you simply have to accept it - sometimes its on the DWT team, but oftentimes its on the vendors who simply aren't communicating in a timely manner with DWT. That being said, when the wedding weekend comes, the DWT team and their vendors are out in full force and are a complete and total MACHINE! Everything ran without a hitch for the entire weekend, and we were able to enjoy ourselves fully without worrying about particulars.

I'd also point out that my wife was never one to grow up dreaming of her perfect wedding day, but she does have a very defined sense of style. Agnesh was a very patient listener and worked with her through every twist and turn of our abbreviated process to bring us a wedding that made a lasting impression on all who attended.

We are in love with Tulum, and Agnesh and the DWT were able to convey that love to our guests in a very authentic, unassuming way. We consider Agnesh a friend and look forward to spending time with her whenever we are in Tulum. We highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for wedding coordination services in the area.

Profile Picture Jacob, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I'll start with the punchline. It was a wedding that was unparalleled. Beautiful, well prepared with amazing service and fantastic music. We were so incredibly happy with how the week turned out (We had several events planned out with DWT) and they all exceeded our expectations when it came down to it.
Now, I'll go with the negative. Initial engagement and communication. Being in a destination wedding, getting accommodations for people who are traveling from a long distance can be challenging as well as booking the venue and some of the vendors early. We wanted to get a lot of the work done early, but that presented a challenge and we had some difficulties with DWT. I think this is the biggest flaw of the company, and I believe this happens because of their primary focus is on the wedding they have closest to occurring, sometimes leaving those weddings who are later in the schedule in the backburner.
Now for the positive, we had several candid conversations with DWT and they corrected the issues, started increasing communication and the engagement improved substantially. Agnesh was fantastic during our wedding events. We organized a welcome party, a cenote party, rehersal dinner and wedding. Agnesh was there the entire time for all events, ensuring things went as planned and ensuring things were well done. All of our guests told us this was the best wedding they had been to in their entire lives, my parents actually told me they though the wedding venue was the stuff that dreams are made off, and my close friends are still talking about how this is a wedding they will never forget. We are incredibly grateful to DWT for their work and effort and for making the best day of our lives become a reality, for listening to our ideas and making them happen.

Profile Picture Kristen , 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Gwen and her team handled our entire wedding week in Tulum. From airport shuttle pickup, to day trips, to the wedding and to return shuttles to the airport. Everything went off flawlessly. Line was amazing coordinating custom day trips for our guests and for arranging all the shuttles to and from the airport. All our guests stayed at La Zebra (amazing) and the actual wedding was out a private house in Sian Ka'an about 30 minutes away. We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding. Javier at Ginger provided catering and it was delicious. The deserts and cake by Luna Rossa were equally stunning. Fine Art Studio provided photography and video and Fabrizio was fabulous. We had Cocoson play for a few hours during the cocktail hour and they were incredible as well.

If you want a 5-star wedding, Gwen and her team will make it happen. Our wedding was just a few days ago on 11/24 and we will upload photos in month when they are ready.

All in all, we could not have been more happy with Gwen's vision for our wedding. Her entire team came through with flying colors. Do not worry if the months before the wedding you do not receive responses to your emails right away. Be assured that Gwen is on top of everything and she will make sure you have an amazing wedding.

Profile Picture Todd, 11/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The DWT team was amazing! We worked primarily with Agnesh, who was absolutely wonderful. We are so grateful for all the incredible work they put into making our wedding and welcome party absolutely magical. We couldn’t have had a better time and we’ve heard from so many guests that they felt the same. From the decorations, to the food (Javier from Ginger catered and was phenomenal--honestly the best ceviche we've had), to the music (DJ Fermix kept everyone dancing the entire night), to the day-of execution of events, we didn't have to worry about a single thing because the DWT team took care everything and we were able to simply soak up the experience and bask in the presence of our family and friends.

We’re eternally grateful for everything the team did. They certainly executed our vision but also provided things we didn't even know we wanted but definitely appreciated. It was truly above and beyond our expectations. Our thanks are simply not enough to show how appreciative we are.

Profile Picture Amanda , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We just had our wedding in Tulum on 6/24/17, and we cannot possibly express our appreciation enough for our experience with Agnesh and DWT in general. It was such a pleasure to find DWT and get to work with the wonderful team, especially Agnesh. Since the beginning of our consultation, Agnesh really spent time listening to us and understanding what we wanted for our wedding. She arranged a trip for us to visit the venues in person, do a trial with the markup artist and the chef, and have a talk with the DJ, which was a really productive trip and made us realize that we were in good hands. Throughout the planning, she made sure that we were 100% comfortable with every detail of the wedding, while she also gave really valuable and tasteful advices. Based on our discussion with Agnesh, we knew that she has great tastes and we trusted her recommendations for various local vendors, including the florist (my bouquets and flower crown were simply amazing), the photographer, the live band, the makeup artist, the pastry and chef, the venue, the DJ, the pillow and tent rental place and so on. It turned out they were all extremely competent and exceeded our expectations! We received so many compliments from the guests about how incredible every detail was. We could not thank Agnesh enough for working with us to make this dream wedding come true. She was also very accommodating throughout the planning and took every suggestion from us seriously. For instance, she recreated the photo booth and the ceremony canopy we wanted from Pinterest, and created a casual feeling of the ceremony by having the guests sit on straw mats and colorful moroccan style pillows which was exactly what we wanted. The flower centerpieces, the lighting, the name cards, the polaroid photo book, the succulents name card holders, and the lunch order on the wedding day...everything was just perfect :)

We also really appreciate Laura's help for guests logistics and group activities. Everyone had fun!

Profile Picture Vivian, 6/24/17, 1 Review
4.7

Agnesh and the Destination Weddings Tulum team helped my husband and I plan and execute our dream wedding weekend at Jashita Hotel. The entire DWT team is extremely hard working, passionate about what they do, and very accommodating. Agnesh was an absolute pleasure to work with. She not only understood what we wanted, but she did whatever she could to execute our vision perfectly. She helped us plan four different events together: a welcome party, pool party, rehearsal dinner, and the wedding. Agnesh was there the entire weekend to make sure each event ran smoothly. Because of her, my husband and I were able to truly enjoy our wedding weekend without worrying about logistics and small details. Additionally, Laura played a key role in organizing prompt shuttle transportation for our guests. Hiring Agnesh and her team was the best decision we could have made!

Profile Picture Brooke, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Agnesh, and she was absolutely amazing! I felt like she just understood exactly what I wanted, and was willing to work with me, my mother and mother-in-law to create a great wedding!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/8/17, 1 Review
4.7

Gwen and her team put together the wedding of our dreams at Casa Maya Kaan. The entire team was incredibly hard working, creative, and collaborative throughout the planning process and it was evident how hard everyone worked to bring our vision to life. The DWT team is very detail oriented and they did not miss a beat- from the food, to the flowers, to the DJ, to the overall ambiance.

It is without reservations that I recommend Gwen and her team to plan your destination wedding in Tulum. All of our family and friends were truly so impressed by the work and talent of the DWT team and we could not have asked for a more perfect, magical day!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our experience with Destination Weddings Tulum was exemplary from planning to the big day itself! We really enjoyed working with the team, particularly Agnesh. Everyone was professional, organised to a tee, and very respectful of what we were hoping to achieve. Couldn't recommend DWT more highly!

Profile Picture Steph, 8/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barbara, Gwen, Laura, and the DWT team are fabulous! Our wedding turned out perfectly thanks to their coordination, oversight and attention to detail. Highly recommend DWT if you are planning a wedding in Tulum.

Profile Picture User6771928, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning, Destination

Our experience with Destination Weddings Tulum was absolutely wonderful! We could not have had our perfect dream wedding without them. We told them exactly what we wanted and they made everything perfect and more. We worked very closely with Barbara in particular and she was so organized and thorough and was such a wonderful, kind person! We are extremely thankful to have had them help us through every step of planning and executing our wedding, from our amazing Welcome dinner at El Tabano, to our perfect wedding day! They really felt like family attending our wedding. Thank you SO much everyone at Destination Weddings Tulum, we miss you all and hope to see you on our next visit to one of our favorite places on earth, the beautiful Tulum!! Hannah & Joe

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Destination Wedding (Barbara) to help plan our wedding in Tulum (from NYC). We went for a site visit to Tulum a year in advance (recommend to do this). We had a good idea of what we wanted to do beforehand but Barbara was very helpful in booking site visit appointments for us and had fun touring the venues. Barbara was able to explain what was possible and noteworthy about each venue. We ended up picking a private home in Sian Kaan area, which is what we had in mind from the beginning. Even so, Barbara proved invaluable in connecting us with the venue, getting budgets together, and even doing a tasting with Ginger (the exclusive caterer to the villa) so we felt good about putting down our deposits.
The planning worked on a slower pace than we would have liked, but I imagine most of this is a cultural difference (NYC vs. Tulum ) & par for the course. In our case, Barbara confirmed all the steps in a manner appropriate to "Tulum-time" and nothing fell between the cracks. Barbara's methods of communicating through Google Docs which included many visuals made me feel very safe and assured that all was in order.
There was some complexities involved with our wedding requiring our guests to get bused to Tulum from the Cancun airport and getting picked up at a dozen hotels for the wedding day and dropped at the villa in Sian Kaan. This was all perfect and seamless.
The thing that impressed me most and that I will never forget is that everything at the wedding was either exactly as we had painstakingly planned and pictured it or BETTER. There was a number of extras that I feel like we didn't specifically ask for that showed up the day of the wedding - when does that ever happen?! They were lovely surprises, but also made us feel like this really expensive endeavor had turned into a pretty good value.
Overall we had an amazing wedding, a great experience with Barbara and would recommend Destination Weddings highly.

Profile Picture User6512925, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Gwen's team provided the support and creativity to exceed our daughter's "dream wedding" expectations. Comments of those in attendance were a testimony to the thoroughness of DTW's planning and use of the appropriate resources. From the start DTW quickly grasp the look and feel of what our daughter wanted and gave us the confidence it could be created. Her attention to budgeting and costs were very professional and helpful in the decision making process.

Profile Picture Dick, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Absolutely the most incredible wedding I have ever seen.... and I couldn't believe it was for us!! We met with Barbara about a year before our wedding to walk through wedding options in Tulum. Immediately she had found a new location, Hacienda Chekul in Sian Ka'an. WOW, was it ever magical from the pictures. We entrusted Barbara and her team to execute all details of our wedding and she was an absolute professional and pleasure to work with. We actually didn't see the location of the wedding until the day of the wedding, so trust was an extremely important factor. Throughout the process Barbara was helpful, insightful and very detail oriented with every step of the way. The day of the wedding came and we were absolutely blown away with everything. The location, food, decor, details, location, villa....everything! If I had to recommend a wedding planner to anyone I would absolutely refer them to Barbara and her team, even if it were in the US! There are not enough words to describe our experience and it was the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Rochelle, 1/7/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Jared & I are so excited for our wedding this year on 12/12/15 in Tulum, MX. We are so happy we were introduced to Gwen and the team at Destination Weddings Tulum. Having them has made the whole wedding planning experience almost stress free! They cover all of the details and really care about what we want. They are not at all a wedding factory! (A huge fear of ours.) DWT's eye for atheistic and taste for food and wine gives me every confidence in the world that this is going to be a seamless, joyful day! We have 60 people coming from all over the US and they are taking care of every travel detail. Can't wait to update this review after the big day!

Profile Picture Valerie, 12/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Words cannot express our gratitude for Gwen and her planning team. My friends would tell me how stressful planning is but I can honestly say that working with DWT allowed us to relax and really enjoy the process. The value of the service is remarkable, as every last detail was planned from our guests transportation to hotel arrangements, our rehearsal dinner, welcome bags, and of course the special day. Getting married in Tulum is now one of our fondest memories and we have the team to truly thank for making this experience so memorable. I would highly recommend and insist that anyone who is in need of a planner would use Destination Weddings Tulum. The team is professional, communicates very well, and is accommodating for any request that they can make possible. They were fun to work with and we are sad that the wedding is over because it was such a great experience to work with Gwen and her team!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Full Planning

We just got back home from Mexico and I wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the wonderful celebration you helped us organize. Everything was perfect, just the way I envisioned it: from the flowers and candles to the staff, food and music. The officiant was fantastic – what a warm person and great energy. The venue couldn’t not be more perfect and the photographer you recommended was exceptional. My friends are saying the pictures belong in a magazine – but what’s more important, they capture the joy my husband and I and the entire family felt. Barbara’s suggestions about the timing of the segments of the ceremony were spot on and you even made sure the weather cooperated  No wonder you run such a successful business!

Profile Picture Ivona, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning

Nilay and I want to thank you and your stuff at Destination Weddings Tulum so much. The job everyone did was beyond amazing. The chief who created our wedding menu was just simply the best we could wish for. Decorations and ambience, music and mood created by your team made this wedding the best wedding we ever attended. And how amazing that this happen to be Our Wedding! !!!! We are so happy you made everything go as smooth as possible. We truly feel this is was the best wedding ever!!!!

Gwen thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

Forever yours,

Eva and Nilay

Profile Picture Eva, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning

Barbara and her ENTIRE team especially Gwen and Agnesh were AMAZING. My entire vision came to life and I had the best night ever. They made the entire night perfect, none of it could have happened without them. You would be crazy to not hire them for your wedding, period.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!! Love, Farina and Dan

Profile Picture Farina, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

It's been over a week now that we've returned from Tulum, and we are still reeling about the amazing weekend we had there thanks to Gwen, Barbara, and the DWT team! I must say that I cannot imagine having a better weekend, and it's all thanks to this amazing team of planners.
We began planning with DWT over a year before our wedding date, and we honestly had NO vision or any idea of what we really wanted. We're two grooms, and we aren't the type who have been planning some vision of our wedding for years or anything. So we basically just tried to let them know a really basic idea of what we wanted, and put the rest in their hands. We live in Japan, so we knew that planning this wedding from so far away was going to be a challenge. But luckily we were able to meet with Gwen and Barbara in person in Tulum nearly a year before the wedding, and so we knew that we could trust the team to create exactly what we were hoping for.
We had many more guests than we were expecting (over 100), and people coming from literally ALL over the world (Asia, Europe, US, Mexico, etc.), and thankfully Laura (the travel coordinator) did an amazing job helping everyone out with their travel and lodging needs, arranging airport transfers, etc. The DWT team put together an AWESOME beach party the night before the wedding at a private beach house with a delicious taco truck, an amazing cocktail bar, and perfect lighting for a good price for our huge party. As for the wedding day, we literally only gave a few simple photo ideas we saw, and then Gwen and Barbara put everything else together on their own. Our venue (the Jashita Hotel on Soliman Bay) was perfection, as they suggested. Amazing food, total seclusion, and a truly magical setting. We cannot thank the DWT enough for all of their hard work for our wedding weekend, and for their impeccable taste and style in selecting everything for our day. Truly the best in the area, and we highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Tim, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Dearest Gwen (&DWT) ,

We thought this wedding would be about the two of us, and we thought we knew what we wanted. But it was you who really listened and understood us, and knew how make this celebration epic. Your creativity and vision of this event was bigger than anything we could have dreamed of, and you made it all happen. I mean, what wedding planner makes a double rainbow in the sky timed perfectly between cocktails and dinner? You do.

What you do, no one else does, we are sure of this! We appreciated your honest opinions and all the options you gave us to curate this wonderful happening. All the months leading to the wedding, thank you for organizing it all so we didn't have to. We never thought we would feel so calm and relaxed at the altar of our marriage. You were so present with us at all times, seeing us through the budget, the people at Puro Corazon for the welcome party, your staff who decorated Casa Palapa so beautifully and tastefully, Javier who made the incredible food, Fermix the DJ, the Marimba players who kept playing in the rain, the bartenders, the people breaking down tables while we kept dancing - each person had a smile and you could feel that everyone really cared for us all. I felt like you had a whole family who welcomed us into their home.

4 months later, we are still getting messages from our family and friends about how that was not just an amazing wedding, but the best trip ever of their lives. From the moment your staff picked our guests up at the airport, to delivering a paella for my hungry family, to all the great accommodations / activities you organized, to sending us an amazing massage therapist for the wedding morning, to gracefully handling drunk people wanting to make a speech, to carrying a churros cart into a really difficult place - you went above and beyond what any superhuman might do.

You are, in short, the best, and you will always be in our hearts.

Love and Gratitude,
W + T
Philippines + Sweden

Profile Picture Wanna, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Wedding Planning
1.2

If you want to get responses back from your wedding planner and feel like she is there to work with you then don't work with Destination Wedding Tulum. She was hard to get on the phone for anything. Never negotiated good prices for us, just quoted what ever was out there. We didn't feel like she had our back for anything and when ever we would try and reach out to her, most of the time she would say she is busy with another wedding/client... way to make you feel special!

Also, the main frustrating and disappointing part of the whole service was that she didn't even show up to the wedding! She sent her team instead. A lot of things were messed up. Name tags were missing and scattered. They didn't put out the wedding favors we bought. Just VERY disappointing experience overall. Wish I worked with someone else from this company or a different company all together. However, the team that DID show up to the wedding was good. Just not the wedding planner we were assigned to.

The only good thing was she introduced us to a great caterer and hotel.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4003538, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

Gwen and her team did a great job helping my excite every lat detail I had in my dreams! It truly was the perfect day!! She really went above and beyond to make the day special!

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/21/15, 2 Reviews