Destination Weddings Tulum Reviews

Destination Weddings Tulum 5
Destination Weddings Tulum 6
Destination Weddings Tulum 7

Kim · Married on 09/07/2019

I did not ending up booking with Destination Weddings Tulum, however, that was out of their control as we decided to book our wedding in Aruba. Nonetheless, I met with Sofia and spoke extensively with Gwen prior to my scouting trip in June and their professionalism and responsiveness did not falter. They reinstilled my faith in wedding planning professionalism outside of the US and even planned a few visits for me during my time there. I only wish I could hire them for Aruba! If you're looking to get married in Tulum, an idyllic, chill spot for a wedding- make sure you see Gwen and Sofia, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Audrey · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect Experience

I don't even know where to begin on how much we loved working with this team!
    We started the planning process with Gwen as our planner, who guided us to our venues and all of the first big decisions we had to make. Closer to our wedding date Mildred took over (Gwen was on leave) and she worked endlessly to make our final dream come true!
    They were both absolute perfection from beginning to end!

When you get married in a destination that you are not local to, you really rely on your planners and it was such a delight working with these girls that just understood every part of our vision. Any request we had- they made a reality. Mildred worked so hard to make sure that every single detail we requested was present, while also paying close attention to our budget. We appreciated that SO much. Every single email, odd request, random question. was answered quickly and fully- Mildred you are so special and we are so thankful for all the time you spent on those final details!

They are truly full service and will organize anything you need during your wedding weekend. From the most perfect welcome party, to the wedding of our dreams, to my birthday party the day after the wedding- the team planned 3 full events seamlessly! There was not a single thing that was missing or went wrong the entire weekend, something I hear is very rare when it comes to weddings and we are so grateful for the team's hard work to make that happen.

Mildred, Gwen, and entire DWT team- thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day so special! We will never stop smiling when we think of the night you created for us!

Audrey & Tommy

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Manuela

Manuela Olano · Married on 04/27/2019

Our wedding in Tulum on April 2019

DWT helped us design and plan our beautiful wedding in Tulum. Gwen and Raquel were very professional and helpful. It was a pleasure working with them for almost a year. They captured our ideas and inspiration and made it a reality on our wedding day. Raquel was with us every step of the way during the planning process and completely hands on the day of where she went above and beyond what we expected. We were able to relax and enjoy our wedding because we knew we were in good hands. They were truly amazing, it was the best investment we made when planning our destination wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Keila

Keila Sole · Married on 04/27/2019

Agnesh and DWT gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Agnesh and DWT gave us the wedding of our dreams! Planning a destination wedding can be stressful and requires a lot of trust, but we had no reason to worry with Agnesh! She really understood our vision and helped take our inspiration and make it unique to us. Agnesh could not have been more patient with our concerns and even communicated with both sides of the family leading up to the wedding day. We were so impressed with every vendor that she recommended and we wholeheartedly trust her opinion. We did encounter one problem with our venue (completely unrelated to Agnesh/DWT) and don’t think we could have resolved it without her. The wedding day itself was seamless and Agnesh went above and beyond to help keep me and the entire wedding party stress free. Honestly our wedding was perfect and it has inspired so many guests to have a destination wedding. We cannot thank Agnesh and the DWT team enough!!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

David Ribardo · Married on 02/24/2019

Excellent Service!

I attended a wedding that Line planned, and had an excellent experience. We communicated primarily by email, and she was professional and very responsive. She arranged transportation and accommodations with little hassle, and even handled last minute requests with grace. I strongly recommend her services!

Sent on 03/02/2019

Max & Belen · Married on 01/26/2019

A Pleasure to Work With

Why we chose DWT...

We interviewed no fewer than 5 planners before deciding to work with DWT. All of the other planners we had spoken with were making the same recommendations in terms of locations and options. We had spent some time in Túlum previously getting a sense of what we wanted to do and where, and we just weren't feeling what the other planners were recommending. Their suggestions felt too turn-key. It's Túlum after all, so we wanted our wedding to be as unique as the place that 100 of our nearest and dearest would be traveling to.

When we finally spoke with DWT it became abundantly clear that they had more on the ground knowledge of the area than the other planners we had spoken to. Sofía made venue recommendations for both the ceremony and the reception that weren't even on our radar. After a week or so, DWT found exactly what we were looking for on the essentials (ceremony and reception venues), and we signed up with them.

The experience...

I'm not sure if DWT has multiple planners but we were fortunate enough to work with Sofía. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, just a solid human being frankly. We had done a ton of research before we started working with her, and if there was a vendor she was skeptical about she was honest. She saved us money where she could, and overall she was respectful of our budget and responsive to our needs and concerns. She really empowered us to facilitate what our guests continue to tell us was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

Ultimately, weddings are about the people: The couple sets the tone and your guests play a big role in facilitating a lifetime of memories. But a planner is a part of those people too.
    We highly recommend DWT (and Sofía specifically) as she was great to work with and had all the answers to our questions. Sofía gets 6 out of 5 stars!

One constructive criticism, NOT related to Sofía. There are other members of the DWT team that assist with items such as excursions for guests, transportation from the airport and the like. We had one activity for our guests where we took 55 people on a cenote excursion followed by a lunch. While the guests ultimately enjoyed the trip, the bride and groom had a tremendous amount of stress created due to how unorganized everything was. The organizer wasn't on the ground to ensure the shuttles didn't leave people behind (they did, twice), and the process for getting into the cenotes wasn't vetted which caused significant delays. All in all the 55 adventurers did a lot of waiting around, and for such a large excursion we felt that the organizer should have been on the ground to facilitate the shuttles and the entrance to the cenotes that she had been the one to setup. This was the first day that most of our guests had arrived, so the ordeal was a bit of an embarrassment for us.

In spite of that singular fiasco, we have no reservations about recommending DWT.

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Escasany · Married on 01/09/2019

Helpful, professional and friendly.

We had a very positive experience with Gwen and the whole team at destination weddings Tulum. Our ceremony was intimate and small and it was lovely to have a personal and bespoke service. We were very happy with the order of the day, the ceremony, organisation and attention to detail. Everything was well thought out and delivered professionally. We enjoyed giving our input but equally happy with all the suggestions and ideas that were given that helped to make our day perfect. Thank you to the team for everything and for helping us create some wonderful memories. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Anthony Furmanovich · Married on 11/18/2018

Great experience

We got married in Tulum in Nov of 2018 with the help of Agnesh from DWT. Her professionalism and guidance was outstanding. She knows a lot about organizing weddings, relationship with all the best vendors and to help she is very tasteful and speaks a dozen of languages, which helps with communication! All the back office work of accountability and budgeting is also very well done. Would definitely recommend. We wish we could get married again!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Micah · Married on 06/07/2018

Destination Weddings Tulum was perfect! They made me feel at ease through the whole process. They went above and beyond to make my wedding everything I imagined. I spoke regularly with them and they made sure to clarify and adjust anything. They gave great advice for Tulum itself and even helped create my rehearsal dinner as well. I was very impressed and pleased with their work. If you plan to have a destination wedding in Tulum I highly recommend using them. They are worth the price! They pay attention to detail and ensure that your wedding will be perfect! I could not be more happy with their services!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Todd · Married on 11/24/2017

Gwen and her team handled our entire wedding week in Tulum. From airport shuttle pickup, to day trips, to the wedding and to return shuttles to the airport. Everything went off flawlessly. Line was amazing coordinating custom day trips for our guests and for arranging all the shuttles to and from the airport. All our guests stayed at La Zebra (amazing) and the actual wedding was out a private house in Sian Ka'an about 30 minutes away. We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding. Javier at Ginger provided catering and it was delicious. The deserts and cake by Luna Rossa were equally stunning. Fine Art Studio provided photography and video and Fabrizio was fabulous. We had Cocoson play for a few hours during the cocktail hour and they were incredible as well.

If you want a 5-star wedding, Gwen and her team will make it happen. Our wedding was just a few days ago on 11/24 and we will upload photos in month when they are ready.

All in all, we could not have been more happy with Gwen's vision for our wedding. Her entire team came through with flying colors. Do not worry if the months before the wedding you do not receive responses to your emails right away. Be assured that Gwen is on top of everything and she will make sure you have an amazing wedding.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

The DWT team was amazing! We worked primarily with Agnesh, who was absolutely wonderful. We are so grateful for all the incredible work they put into making our wedding and welcome party absolutely magical. We couldn’t have had a better time and we’ve heard from so many guests that they felt the same. From the decorations, to the food (Javier from Ginger catered and was phenomenal--honestly the best ceviche we've had), to the music (DJ Fermix kept everyone dancing the entire night), to the day-of execution of events, we didn't have to worry about a single thing because the DWT team took care everything and we were able to simply soak up the experience and bask in the presence of our family and friends.

We’re eternally grateful for everything the team did. They certainly executed our vision but also provided things we didn't even know we wanted but definitely appreciated. It was truly above and beyond our expectations. Our thanks are simply not enough to show how appreciative we are.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Erin · Married on 04/08/2017

I worked with Agnesh, and she was absolutely amazing! I felt like she just understood exactly what I wanted, and was willing to work with me, my mother and mother-in-law to create a great wedding!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/16/2016

Our experience with Destination Weddings Tulum was absolutely wonderful! We could not have had our perfect dream wedding without them. We told them exactly what we wanted and they made everything perfect and more. We worked very closely with Barbara in particular and she was so organized and thorough and was such a wonderful, kind person! We are extremely thankful to have had them help us through every step of planning and executing our wedding, from our amazing Welcome dinner at El Tabano, to our perfect wedding day! They really felt like family attending our wedding. Thank you SO much everyone at Destination Weddings Tulum, we miss you all and hope to see you on our next visit to one of our favorite places on earth, the beautiful Tulum!! Hannah & Joe

Sent on 08/25/2016

Rochelle · Married on 01/07/2016

Absolutely the most incredible wedding I have ever seen.... and I couldn't believe it was for us!! We met with Barbara about a year before our wedding to walk through wedding options in Tulum. Immediately she had found a new location, Hacienda Chekul in Sian Ka'an. WOW, was it ever magical from the pictures. We entrusted Barbara and her team to execute all details of our wedding and she was an absolute professional and pleasure to work with. We actually didn't see the location of the wedding until the day of the wedding, so trust was an extremely important factor. Throughout the process Barbara was helpful, insightful and very detail oriented with every step of the way. The day of the wedding came and we were absolutely blown away with everything. The location, food, decor, details, location, villa....everything! If I had to recommend a wedding planner to anyone I would absolutely refer them to Barbara and her team, even if it were in the US! There are not enough words to describe our experience and it was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Valerie · Married on 12/12/2015

Jared & I are so excited for our wedding this year on 12/12/15 in Tulum, MX. We are so happy we were introduced to Gwen and the team at Destination Weddings Tulum. Having them has made the whole wedding planning experience almost stress free! They cover all of the details and really care about what we want. They are not at all a wedding factory! (A huge fear of ours.) DWT's eye for atheistic and taste for food and wine gives me every confidence in the world that this is going to be a seamless, joyful day! We have 60 people coming from all over the US and they are taking care of every travel detail. Can't wait to update this review after the big day!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Katie · Married on 12/05/2015

Words cannot express our gratitude for Gwen and her planning team. My friends would tell me how stressful planning is but I can honestly say that working with DWT allowed us to relax and really enjoy the process. The value of the service is remarkable, as every last detail was planned from our guests transportation to hotel arrangements, our rehearsal dinner, welcome bags, and of course the special day. Getting married in Tulum is now one of our fondest memories and we have the team to truly thank for making this experience so memorable. I would highly recommend and insist that anyone who is in need of a planner would use Destination Weddings Tulum. The team is professional, communicates very well, and is accommodating for any request that they can make possible. They were fun to work with and we are sad that the wedding is over because it was such a great experience to work with Gwen and her team!

Sent on 12/16/2015
  • I

Ivona · Married on 11/28/2015

We just got back home from Mexico and I wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the wonderful celebration you helped us organize. Everything was perfect, just the way I envisioned it: from the flowers and candles to the staff, food and music. The officiant was fantastic – what a warm person and great energy. The venue couldn’t not be more perfect and the photographer you recommended was exceptional. My friends are saying the pictures belong in a magazine – but what’s more important, they capture the joy my husband and I and the entire family felt. Barbara’s suggestions about the timing of the segments of the ceremony were spot on and you even made sure the weather cooperated  No wonder you run such a successful business!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Eva · Married on 11/14/2015

Nilay and I want to thank you and your stuff at Destination Weddings Tulum so much. The job everyone did was beyond amazing. The chief who created our wedding menu was just simply the best we could wish for. Decorations and ambience, music and mood created by your team made this wedding the best wedding we ever attended. And how amazing that this happen to be Our Wedding! !!!! We are so happy you made everything go as smooth as possible. We truly feel this is was the best wedding ever!!!!

Gwen thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

Forever yours,

Eva and Nilay

Sent on 11/24/2015
  • F

Farina · Married on 11/07/2015

Barbara and her ENTIRE team especially Gwen and Agnesh were AMAZING. My entire vision came to life and I had the best night ever. They made the entire night perfect, none of it could have happened without them. You would be crazy to not hire them for your wedding, period.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!! Love, Farina and Dan

Sent on 11/11/2015
  • W

Wanna · Married on 06/06/2015

Dearest Gwen (&DWT) ,

We thought this wedding would be about the two of us, and we thought we knew what we wanted. But it was you who really listened and understood us, and knew how make this celebration epic. Your creativity and vision of this event was bigger than anything we could have dreamed of, and you made it all happen. I mean, what wedding planner makes a double rainbow in the sky timed perfectly between cocktails and dinner? You do.

What you do, no one else does, we are sure of this! We appreciated your honest opinions and all the options you gave us to curate this wonderful happening. All the months leading to the wedding, thank you for organizing it all so we didn't have to. We never thought we would feel so calm and relaxed at the altar of our marriage. You were so present with us at all times, seeing us through the budget, the people at Puro Corazon for the welcome party, your staff who decorated Casa Palapa so beautifully and tastefully, Javier who made the incredible food, Fermix the DJ, the Marimba players who kept playing in the rain, the bartenders, the people breaking down tables while we kept dancing - each person had a smile and you could feel that everyone really cared for us all. I felt like you had a whole family who welcomed us into their home.

4 months later, we are still getting messages from our family and friends about how that was not just an amazing wedding, but the best trip ever of their lives. From the moment your staff picked our guests up at the airport, to delivering a paella for my hungry family, to all the great accommodations / activities you organized, to sending us an amazing massage therapist for the wedding morning, to gracefully handling drunk people wanting to make a speech, to carrying a churros cart into a really difficult place - you went above and beyond what any superhuman might do.

You are, in short, the best, and you will always be in our hearts.

Love and Gratitude,
    W + T
    Philippines + Sweden

Sent on 10/15/2015

Robin · Married on 02/21/2015

My husband and I had a wonderful, easy and organized experience working with Barbara, Gwen and the rest of the team at Destination Weddings Tulum for our wedding. We planned three events for our wedding weekend and each event completely exceeded our expectations! The staff worked like clockwork to ensure everything went off without a hitch. Barbara had great ideas and suggestions for venues, decor, and food and it all turned out wonderfully. We have had nearly every single person tell us it was the most beautiful, organized and fun wedding that they had ever been attended. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out. We would absolutely and unequivocally recommend Destination Weddings Tulum to anyone planning their wedding in Tulum!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Emma · Married on 08/30/2014

We were married in Tulum at Cabanas La Luna in August this year. As a destination wedding, I was unsure about how to go about planning my wedding and not sure how I would cope with not having complete control, and planning at an arms length. Anne-Sophie ensured that the whole experience was completely stress free and easy. She was responsive, organised, flexible and incredibly perceptive to my ideas. Not only was the planning a breeze, enjoyable and fun, she ensured that the day went without a hitch and in fact ensured that my wedding was more beautiful and magical than I could have ever expected.
    We met Anne-Sophie in person only a handful of days prior to the wedding. I immediately felt rapport with her in person as much as I had via our email conversations. This put my mind completely at ease and gave me complete confidence that my day would be incredible.
    Thank you so very much Anne-Sophie! You ensured that the journey to my wedding was a breeze and that the day was more than perfect. My experience of planning my wedding with you was professional and organised, yet lovely, personal and relaxed!!!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Kristina · Married on 07/12/2014

Both my husband and I have always dreams of having our wedding on the beautiful pristine beach of Tulum - so we started planning the event of our lives. I've heard horror stories of brides dealing with destination wedding planners - things don't go as planned, miscommunicattion, misunderstanding and so on and so on. Well, contrary to all the rumors we've heard, Destination Weddings Tulum has been nothing but pleasure and ease to work with. Our planner, Anne-Sophie, went out of her way to accommodate us and make sure everything we wanted happened exactly the way we wanted. She did a phenomenal job with decorations and set up; her planning and coordination during the event were seamless; her professionalism and hard work were admirable. She made sure I didn't have a worry in the world - other than my hair, make up and dress :) Thanks to Anne-Sophie and her amazing team our wedding was incredible and better than what we could have ever imagined.
    I wish I could relive that day over and over again...
    We cannot thank you enough for everything you've done!!!!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Erin · Married on 04/26/2014

We dealt mainly with Anne-Sophie for our wedding, and it was truly the best day ever. The attention to detail, time spent going back and forth making decisions, the suggestions as to what might work best, and the general care taken to make sure the day was what we wanted, were all amazing. Our wedding was very much centred around making sure our friends and family had a great time, from the time the got to Tulum to when they left, and we would not have been able to do everything we wanted to without their help. Best. Day. Ever. Thank you, wish we had you all around to make the rest of our lives run so smoothly!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Sincere thanks to Anne-Sophie Gaborit - she was a wonderful planner. Very organised, responsive, respectful, and cool under pressure.

Sent on 07/24/2014