Destination Weddings Tulum Reviews

64 | Cancun, MX

64 Reviews for Destination Weddings Tulum

• Amelia

Amelia Hurd · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Our dream wedding in Tulum!!

It's tough to put into words how incredible our wedding was!! We got married in Nov 2019 at the Akiin Beach Club in Tulum Mexico with the amazing team at DWT. Agnes Toth was our wedding planner and she made all of our dreams come true. We had the chance to visit Tulum twice in the year leading up to our wedding. Each visit, Agnes would take time to meet with us, take us to meet vendors, set up floral table trials, food tastings, and cocktail tastings! The whole wedding process was made simple and enjoyable by Agnes and the team at DWT. Agnes went above and beyond what I expected and I would absolutely recommend DWT to any Tulum brides!! She also coordinated our rehearsal dinner, met with the restaurant and ensured we had enough tables for all 50 guests. There were also cabs waiting at the end of the night for us to depart. All of this, I would have had to worry about, but Agnes made it a breeze!

On the day of our wedding, everything was flawless!! It was such a magical day filled with extra special touches. I was especially grateful that Agnes and the DWT team were able to stay within our budget, while still keeping everything that was important to us.

We are eternally grateful to DWT for making our wedding the best day of our lives!!!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Dustin

Dustin Hodges · Getting married on 04/03/2021

DWT did an amazing job for us

Everything was beautiful and the detail was incredible. We had to rely on her suggestions for most of our vendors because we were traveling from Dallas to Tulum for the wedding and didn't have an opportunity to meet with them in person prior. All of the vendors she suggested were great. Our coordinator was very responsive and was available every night of our wedding weekend to make sure everything went off without a hitch. None of it would have been possible without DWT.

Sent on 04/07/2020

Cindy Roses-Wintters · Married on 03/11/2020

Amazing!! Destination Weddings were fantastic and really listened to what I wanted !

Could not have imagined that our wedding would have turned out so perfect by doing all of the planning online!!! I can’t say enough good things about Destination Weddings and would highly recommend !!!

Sent on 04/04/2020
  • Gregory

Gregory Baratte · Married on 02/29/2020

A unique magical wedding, and beyond.

We could be considered a true wedding planner nightmare. Our several wedding events spread out over 4 days and included 5 different locations, so many activities and surprises planned, for over 80 souls from all over the world who have “seen it all”... We changed our minds, made decisions last minute (even had a very rare issue with our bank!) and at the end of the day: it was for both of us and all our guest (unanimously): THE BEST WEDDING EVER EXPERIENCED! Mildred and her team really went above and beyond to help us make this dream and vision come true, we couldn’t have done without them. They stayed focused and available and professional throughout, always friendly and smiling, keeping us calm, helping us with easy or difficult vendors, taking care of our guests...you name it: they delivered. We are forever grateful and thankful.

Sent on 04/07/2020
  • Jehan

Jehan Sheikh · Married on 01/06/2020

THE most MAGICAL wedding weekend in Tulum - all thanks to the DWT team.

My now husband and I live in Dallas and we blindly booked our venue at Casa Malca in Tulum without ever seeing or visiting the hotel. After combing through online reviews extensively, we decided DWT was who we wanted to work with to make our dream day come true. We worked with Line, who is not only kind, personable, reliable and responsive, she is on top of EVERYTHING. When planning, we couldn't have imaged a global pandemic, like COVID-19, would happen and some of our guests would cancel just days before our big day. Line and her team quickly jumped into action, working to cancel rentals like our dance floor and adjust our headcount for rentals and with our vendors, etc. Throughout all this, Line checked on me often to see how i was doing - which i truly appreciated. We two events before our wedding day. We hosted a dinner at Gitano - we had a small party, and Lined helped us reserve a table. The next night, we had dinner at la Popular at Nomade. Marianna and Line took my vision to the next level for what i wanted the tables to look like. Strangers were walking by and taking photos of the tables before we sat down. After dinner, we had a bonfire. Nomade was already having a bonfire and allowed us to make it our own. The DWT team set up the most beautiful smores bar and and cigar bar. When it came to our wedding day, i couldn't have imagined a more perfect experience. From all the vendors Line recommended, to the work Marianna and the other girls put in to planning and design, everything was magical. I couldn't imagine this day without Line. She went above and beyond and was a big part of our wedding weekend. My family and friends adored her, too. Line and DWT, Dustin and I can't thank you enough. The sweet memories of our perfect weekend are what's getting us through being quarantined during this COVID-19 crisis. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Carmen

Carmen Sanchez · Married on 11/15/2019

Dream team for my dream wedding

Raquel and the DWT team made my wedding dreams come true! Working with Raquel was super easy and decreased our stress immensely as soon as we hired her. We definitely would not have been able to pull off our destination wedding in Riviera Maya without Raquel and the team. Raquel is knowledgeable about the best vendors in the area and recommended most of the vendors we hired and helped to coordinate communications and payment with them. Raquel made me and my husband feel at ease with everything leading up to the big day by being super responsive, listening to our wants and needs, and making sure that we had everything we needed before leaving for Mexico. We did have one major hiccup which was outside of DWTs hands but they handled it like pros and the day ended up being the most perfect day. I wish I could do it all over again. Thank you to Raquel and the DWT. Don't hesitate to hire them for you destination wedding! You won't regret it.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Maria

Maria Martin · Married on 11/01/2019

Great Experience with DWT!

We worked with Agnesh and she did a fantastic job planning our wedding! We were not able to make the trip to Tulum prior to our wedding for trials so we defaulted on Agnesh's recommendations for everything from vendors to hire (photo/makeup/music/etc.) to food selection to decor and everything turned out perfectly! She was very helpful in guiding us through the entire process and was intuitive in knowing exactly what we wanted. We also had a lot of help from Mildred, who attended our welcome party + wedding and made sure all events ran smoothly. The DTW afforded us the most perfect, stress-free experience - we couldn't have pulled it off without their help! I honestly think at least half of our guests told us this was the most fun wedding they've ever been to. We even had venue staff come up to tell us this was the best party they've ever been apart of. I highly recommend hiring DTW and getting married in Tulum, I'm so sad it's over and wish I could do it over again!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Kim · Married on 09/07/2019

I did not ending up booking with Destination Weddings Tulum, however, that was out of their control as we decided to book our wedding in Aruba. Nonetheless, I met with Sofia and spoke extensively with Gwen prior to my scouting trip in June and their professionalism and responsiveness did not falter. They reinstilled my faith in wedding planning professionalism outside of the US and even planned a few visits for me during my time there. I only wish I could hire them for Aruba! If you're looking to get married in Tulum, an idyllic, chill spot for a wedding- make sure you see Gwen and Sofia, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Audrey · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect Experience

I don't even know where to begin on how much we loved working with this team!
    We started the planning process with Gwen as our planner, who guided us to our venues and all of the first big decisions we had to make. Closer to our wedding date Mildred took over (Gwen was on leave) and she worked endlessly to make our final dream come true!
    They were both absolute perfection from beginning to end!

When you get married in a destination that you are not local to, you really rely on your planners and it was such a delight working with these girls that just understood every part of our vision. Any request we had- they made a reality. Mildred worked so hard to make sure that every single detail we requested was present, while also paying close attention to our budget. We appreciated that SO much. Every single email, odd request, random question. was answered quickly and fully- Mildred you are so special and we are so thankful for all the time you spent on those final details!

They are truly full service and will organize anything you need during your wedding weekend. From the most perfect welcome party, to the wedding of our dreams, to my birthday party the day after the wedding- the team planned 3 full events seamlessly! There was not a single thing that was missing or went wrong the entire weekend, something I hear is very rare when it comes to weddings and we are so grateful for the team's hard work to make that happen.

Mildred, Gwen, and entire DWT team- thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day so special! We will never stop smiling when we think of the night you created for us!

Audrey & Tommy

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Manuela

Manuela Olano · Married on 04/27/2019

Our wedding in Tulum on April 2019

DWT helped us design and plan our beautiful wedding in Tulum. Gwen and Raquel were very professional and helpful. It was a pleasure working with them for almost a year. They captured our ideas and inspiration and made it a reality on our wedding day. Raquel was with us every step of the way during the planning process and completely hands on the day of where she went above and beyond what we expected. We were able to relax and enjoy our wedding because we knew we were in good hands. They were truly amazing, it was the best investment we made when planning our destination wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Keila

Keila Sole · Married on 04/27/2019

Agnesh and DWT gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Agnesh and DWT gave us the wedding of our dreams! Planning a destination wedding can be stressful and requires a lot of trust, but we had no reason to worry with Agnesh! She really understood our vision and helped take our inspiration and make it unique to us. Agnesh could not have been more patient with our concerns and even communicated with both sides of the family leading up to the wedding day. We were so impressed with every vendor that she recommended and we wholeheartedly trust her opinion. We did encounter one problem with our venue (completely unrelated to Agnesh/DWT) and don’t think we could have resolved it without her. The wedding day itself was seamless and Agnesh went above and beyond to help keep me and the entire wedding party stress free. Honestly our wedding was perfect and it has inspired so many guests to have a destination wedding. We cannot thank Agnesh and the DWT team enough!!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

David Ribardo · Married on 02/24/2019

Excellent Service!

I attended a wedding that Line planned, and had an excellent experience. We communicated primarily by email, and she was professional and very responsive. She arranged transportation and accommodations with little hassle, and even handled last minute requests with grace. I strongly recommend her services!

Sent on 03/02/2019

Max & Belen · Married on 01/26/2019

A Pleasure to Work With

Why we chose DWT...

We interviewed no fewer than 5 planners before deciding to work with DWT. All of the other planners we had spoken with were making the same recommendations in terms of locations and options. We had spent some time in Túlum previously getting a sense of what we wanted to do and where, and we just weren't feeling what the other planners were recommending. Their suggestions felt too turn-key. It's Túlum after all, so we wanted our wedding to be as unique as the place that 100 of our nearest and dearest would be traveling to.

When we finally spoke with DWT it became abundantly clear that they had more on the ground knowledge of the area than the other planners we had spoken to. Sofía made venue recommendations for both the ceremony and the reception that weren't even on our radar. After a week or so, DWT found exactly what we were looking for on the essentials (ceremony and reception venues), and we signed up with them.

The experience...

I'm not sure if DWT has multiple planners but we were fortunate enough to work with Sofía. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, just a solid human being frankly. We had done a ton of research before we started working with her, and if there was a vendor she was skeptical about she was honest. She saved us money where she could, and overall she was respectful of our budget and responsive to our needs and concerns. She really empowered us to facilitate what our guests continue to tell us was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

Ultimately, weddings are about the people: The couple sets the tone and your guests play a big role in facilitating a lifetime of memories. But a planner is a part of those people too.
    We highly recommend DWT (and Sofía specifically) as she was great to work with and had all the answers to our questions. Sofía gets 6 out of 5 stars!

One constructive criticism, NOT related to Sofía. There are other members of the DWT team that assist with items such as excursions for guests, transportation from the airport and the like. We had one activity for our guests where we took 55 people on a cenote excursion followed by a lunch. While the guests ultimately enjoyed the trip, the bride and groom had a tremendous amount of stress created due to how unorganized everything was. The organizer wasn't on the ground to ensure the shuttles didn't leave people behind (they did, twice), and the process for getting into the cenotes wasn't vetted which caused significant delays. All in all the 55 adventurers did a lot of waiting around, and for such a large excursion we felt that the organizer should have been on the ground to facilitate the shuttles and the entrance to the cenotes that she had been the one to setup. This was the first day that most of our guests had arrived, so the ordeal was a bit of an embarrassment for us.

In spite of that singular fiasco, we have no reservations about recommending DWT.

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Escasany · Married on 01/09/2019

Helpful, professional and friendly.

We had a very positive experience with Gwen and the whole team at destination weddings Tulum. Our ceremony was intimate and small and it was lovely to have a personal and bespoke service. We were very happy with the order of the day, the ceremony, organisation and attention to detail. Everything was well thought out and delivered professionally. We enjoyed giving our input but equally happy with all the suggestions and ideas that were given that helped to make our day perfect. Thank you to the team for everything and for helping us create some wonderful memories. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Anthony Furmanovich · Married on 11/18/2018

Great experience

We got married in Tulum in Nov of 2018 with the help of Agnesh from DWT. Her professionalism and guidance was outstanding. She knows a lot about organizing weddings, relationship with all the best vendors and to help she is very tasteful and speaks a dozen of languages, which helps with communication! All the back office work of accountability and budgeting is also very well done. Would definitely recommend. We wish we could get married again!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Micah · Married on 06/07/2018

Destination Weddings Tulum was perfect! They made me feel at ease through the whole process. They went above and beyond to make my wedding everything I imagined. I spoke regularly with them and they made sure to clarify and adjust anything. They gave great advice for Tulum itself and even helped create my rehearsal dinner as well. I was very impressed and pleased with their work. If you plan to have a destination wedding in Tulum I highly recommend using them. They are worth the price! They pay attention to detail and ensure that your wedding will be perfect! I could not be more happy with their services!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Todd · Married on 11/24/2017

Gwen and her team handled our entire wedding week in Tulum. From airport shuttle pickup, to day trips, to the wedding and to return shuttles to the airport. Everything went off flawlessly. Line was amazing coordinating custom day trips for our guests and for arranging all the shuttles to and from the airport. All our guests stayed at La Zebra (amazing) and the actual wedding was out a private house in Sian Ka'an about 30 minutes away. We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding. Javier at Ginger provided catering and it was delicious. The deserts and cake by Luna Rossa were equally stunning. Fine Art Studio provided photography and video and Fabrizio was fabulous. We had Cocoson play for a few hours during the cocktail hour and they were incredible as well.

If you want a 5-star wedding, Gwen and her team will make it happen. Our wedding was just a few days ago on 11/24 and we will upload photos in month when they are ready.

All in all, we could not have been more happy with Gwen's vision for our wedding. Her entire team came through with flying colors. Do not worry if the months before the wedding you do not receive responses to your emails right away. Be assured that Gwen is on top of everything and she will make sure you have an amazing wedding.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

The DWT team was amazing! We worked primarily with Agnesh, who was absolutely wonderful. We are so grateful for all the incredible work they put into making our wedding and welcome party absolutely magical. We couldn’t have had a better time and we’ve heard from so many guests that they felt the same. From the decorations, to the food (Javier from Ginger catered and was phenomenal--honestly the best ceviche we've had), to the music (DJ Fermix kept everyone dancing the entire night), to the day-of execution of events, we didn't have to worry about a single thing because the DWT team took care everything and we were able to simply soak up the experience and bask in the presence of our family and friends.

We’re eternally grateful for everything the team did. They certainly executed our vision but also provided things we didn't even know we wanted but definitely appreciated. It was truly above and beyond our expectations. Our thanks are simply not enough to show how appreciative we are.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Erin · Married on 04/08/2017

I worked with Agnesh, and she was absolutely amazing! I felt like she just understood exactly what I wanted, and was willing to work with me, my mother and mother-in-law to create a great wedding!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Hannah · Married on 04/16/2016

Our experience with Destination Weddings Tulum was absolutely wonderful! We could not have had our perfect dream wedding without them. We told them exactly what we wanted and they made everything perfect and more. We worked very closely with Barbara in particular and she was so organized and thorough and was such a wonderful, kind person! We are extremely thankful to have had them help us through every step of planning and executing our wedding, from our amazing Welcome dinner at El Tabano, to our perfect wedding day! They really felt like family attending our wedding. Thank you SO much everyone at Destination Weddings Tulum, we miss you all and hope to see you on our next visit to one of our favorite places on earth, the beautiful Tulum!! Hannah & Joe

Sent on 08/25/2016

Rochelle · Married on 01/07/2016

Absolutely the most incredible wedding I have ever seen.... and I couldn't believe it was for us!! We met with Barbara about a year before our wedding to walk through wedding options in Tulum. Immediately she had found a new location, Hacienda Chekul in Sian Ka'an. WOW, was it ever magical from the pictures. We entrusted Barbara and her team to execute all details of our wedding and she was an absolute professional and pleasure to work with. We actually didn't see the location of the wedding until the day of the wedding, so trust was an extremely important factor. Throughout the process Barbara was helpful, insightful and very detail oriented with every step of the way. The day of the wedding came and we were absolutely blown away with everything. The location, food, decor, details, location, villa....everything! If I had to recommend a wedding planner to anyone I would absolutely refer them to Barbara and her team, even if it were in the US! There are not enough words to describe our experience and it was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Valerie · Married on 12/12/2015

Jared & I are so excited for our wedding this year on 12/12/15 in Tulum, MX. We are so happy we were introduced to Gwen and the team at Destination Weddings Tulum. Having them has made the whole wedding planning experience almost stress free! They cover all of the details and really care about what we want. They are not at all a wedding factory! (A huge fear of ours.) DWT's eye for atheistic and taste for food and wine gives me every confidence in the world that this is going to be a seamless, joyful day! We have 60 people coming from all over the US and they are taking care of every travel detail. Can't wait to update this review after the big day!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Katie · Married on 12/05/2015

Words cannot express our gratitude for Gwen and her planning team. My friends would tell me how stressful planning is but I can honestly say that working with DWT allowed us to relax and really enjoy the process. The value of the service is remarkable, as every last detail was planned from our guests transportation to hotel arrangements, our rehearsal dinner, welcome bags, and of course the special day. Getting married in Tulum is now one of our fondest memories and we have the team to truly thank for making this experience so memorable. I would highly recommend and insist that anyone who is in need of a planner would use Destination Weddings Tulum. The team is professional, communicates very well, and is accommodating for any request that they can make possible. They were fun to work with and we are sad that the wedding is over because it was such a great experience to work with Gwen and her team!

Sent on 12/16/2015
  • I

Ivona · Married on 11/28/2015

We just got back home from Mexico and I wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the wonderful celebration you helped us organize. Everything was perfect, just the way I envisioned it: from the flowers and candles to the staff, food and music. The officiant was fantastic – what a warm person and great energy. The venue couldn’t not be more perfect and the photographer you recommended was exceptional. My friends are saying the pictures belong in a magazine – but what’s more important, they capture the joy my husband and I and the entire family felt. Barbara’s suggestions about the timing of the segments of the ceremony were spot on and you even made sure the weather cooperated  No wonder you run such a successful business!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Eva · Married on 11/14/2015

Nilay and I want to thank you and your stuff at Destination Weddings Tulum so much. The job everyone did was beyond amazing. The chief who created our wedding menu was just simply the best we could wish for. Decorations and ambience, music and mood created by your team made this wedding the best wedding we ever attended. And how amazing that this happen to be Our Wedding! !!!! We are so happy you made everything go as smooth as possible. We truly feel this is was the best wedding ever!!!!

Gwen thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

Forever yours,