Dessert Works Reviews

170 Reviews for Dessert Works

• Sharon

Sharon Tarr · Getting married on 05/29/2020

Very pleased!

We hired them for our upcoming May wedding and just had our tasting/consultation last weekend. OMG were the cakes delicious. We were so impressed with the fact they took a picture of the design I wanted and were confident they could replicate it and still add the personal details I wanted, like matching the colors of the flowers exactly to the dresses we chose just by using swatches! We are very excited to see what they come up with and we are confident it will be nothing less than perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Marseille Mosher · Married on 11/02/2019

Delicious cake

Our experience at Dessert Works was flawless! The tasting was beyond incredible, it was so hard to choose our favorite flavors! She was kind enough to even give us a second tasting when we came in and completely changed our cake design - which looked stunning as better than we even envisioned! Can’t recommend Dessert Works enough! Will definitely be back for future cakes.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful and delicious!

Our cake from Dessert Works was incredible! Not only was our four layer cake absolutely delicious, Dessert Works offered us the most reasonable price of the five vendors we considered. The process was so streamlined from start to finish and the finished product was absolutely gorgeous. We highly recommend Dessert Works to anyone getting married in or around Boston!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Shi

Shi · Married on 09/28/2019

Blew away my expectations!!!!

I'm the girl that dreamed of my wedding cake. I wanted it to be big, delicious, gorgeous, and a center piece of the wedding. I was recommended dessertworks by my venue (Endicott Estate). My experience with the bakery exceeded every expectation I ever had! They brought to life the cake of my dreams after just a few discussions and disjointed photos. They worked with their own vendors to procure the exotic fruit decorations and were able to use this unique decoration masterfully. I cannot recommend the dessertworks team enough!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Lora

Lora Wang · Married on 09/28/2019

The most delicious wedding cake!!

OMG if you want a beautiful AND delicious cake you HAVE to go to with Dessert Works! We went to 3 different vendors before ending up at Dessert Works and they did not disappoint! They, by far, had the best tasting cake EVER. They even worked with us to create a custom flavor and design to fit our budget. All of guest told us the cake was the best wedding cake they've ever had! And I will be going back for any celebratory occasions!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 09/07/2019

Let Us Eat Cake!

One of the best parts of the wedding, besides marrying your best friend, is getting to eat cake! Leading up to the wedding, we counted the days until we were able to go for the cake tasting. Thankfully we chose Dessert Works. Their team of dedicated and passionate employees made us feel at home, and comfortable. The end result was a brilliant mix of love and talent with a tiered cake that matched the dream we had when we first walked into their shop. We can’t wait to dig out the mini version from the freezer on our 1st anniversary.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Sally Flanagan · Married on 08/25/2019

Perfect Wedding Cake

We chose Dessert Works to bake our wedding cake after an online search. Their website showed a vast array of gorgeous cakes and offered endless options of flavor combinations and decoration. We then met with Jacqueline for a beautifully arranged tasting and selected a mini 3-tier - vanilla layers with chocolate mousse filling and Italian meringue frosting, decorated to our specs. The cake arrived on time on our big day and met our every expectation. It was truly beautiful and absolutely delicious!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Akshay Shah · Married on 07/27/2019

Delicious Cake and Transparent Pricing

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! We were very appreciative about the transparency in pricing and their flexibility in working with us to get to a price point which fit better with our budget.

Sent on 08/07/2019

katie · Married on 07/11/2019

So delicious

We loved our cake from Dessert Works. The tasting experience was so much fun... they were very generous :)

The flavors are absolutely delicious and they were willing to work with us on specialty icing, etc. Delivery was easy and smooth and cake was perfect!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful and delicious cake!

Dessert works was such a pleasure to work with! The cake was outstanding. We chose raspberry with Italian butter cream. I love that they provide a small cake for your one year anniversary too!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Debenedetto · Married on 06/15/2019

Great Wedding Cake!

We used Dessert Works for our wedding on 6.15.19 and they were so helpful and courteous! The tasting was so much fun, they have a wide variety of cakes and flavors to select. We also needed some allergy friendly treats and selected the gluten free/dairy free cupcakes which were a hit. Great price for fantastic service and as a keepsake you'll receive a miniature version of your cake! Such a cute idea. I would use Dessert Works again for future functions.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2019

Sweet but not too sweet

Dessert Works in Westwood is the best!!!! I have ordered many cakes from them especially the most recent for my daughter's wedding. They are sweet enough but not too sweet. They do beautiful, creative work and are very helpful offering suggestions and ideas. I recommend Dessert Works for your next party or event. They are the best!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Wanda

Wanda · Married on 05/25/2019

The Sweet Rewards

We tasted lots of cakes from small boutique to big commercial bakeries and by far Dessert Works met and exceed our expectations. First impressions make a difference and words cannot describe what a wonderful experience it was to have enlisted Dessert Works! Here are a few highlights:

- Communication: From the start it was superb - Jacqueline you were phenomenal to work with.
    - Tasting: Provided us with lots of options, while allowing us to zero in on what we specifically liked: Lemon with Raspberry preserve and Marble Chocolate cake with Vanilla Mousse each with an Italian Meringue Buttercream - absolutely delicious & ultimately what we selected.
    - Value: reasonable prices for wedding cakes, option to have gluten free cupcakes for guests with allergy restrictions (which were VERY appreciated by our gluten-free guests!)
    - Decor & Style: Nailed the simple elegant style I had desired.
    - Outcome: The delivery of the final product was beautiful, tasteful and left our guests giving lots of compliments. Many shared that it was the best cake they had had at a wedding (it was also the best wedding cake the bride and groom had ever too).
    - It's the little things that make a difference: The miniature version of our wedding cake to freeze and enjoy on our 1 year anniversary was touching.

We’ve already been back and Dessert Works is definitely on our family and friends list and we look forward to continue to order cakes for future life milestones.

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Hiroko

Hiroko Takagi · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely delicious

We worked with Jacqueline who was super receptive and nice. Starting from the cake tasting OMG too many flavors to choose from that we decided to do 2 flavors cake.
    Last minute we decided to just to one flavor and Jacqueline was very kind to let us do so and all our guests enjoyed very much. The cake looked the way we wanted and it tasted super delicious.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Jamie Reilly · Married on 04/20/2019

The best wedding cake I've ever had!

I am a cake snob. It's by far my favorite food, so I could not be more picky or particular. This was the best wedding cake (and cake in general) that I've ever had!!! We had a 3 tiered cake of strawberries and cream (unreal), lemon raspberry (there were no leftover slices), and Boston cream (I don't even like Boston cream pie and this was my favorite flavor). We also had a separate carrot cake that was completely gone by the end of the night. I recommend them to anyone and everyone! The tasting was also the best experience. So happy we chose them!!!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2018

All I can say is AMAZING

We had our wedding at the Ritz Carlton and they supplied our cake through Dessert Works. All I can say is AMAZING. I spent about five minutes on the phone explaining what I was looking for. Our caked turned out to be everything I had imagined and then some. It was such a relief to have everything go as planned after such a simple and worry-free process. We were even given a mini keepsake version of our cake displayed in a clear box. We have it in the freezer along with the top of our cake to eat at our one year anniversary :) I highly recommend Dessert Works!! We would use them again in heartbeat :)

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Wedding Cake!

We are very happy with our choice of DessertWorks for our wedding cake for our recent wedding in Boston. The cake tasting with Jacqueline was fun and very informative. Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted good too. The complimentary replica of our cake is adorable. We can't wait to eat it on our first anniversary. Thanks, DessertWorks!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2018

We did cupcakes for our wedding and OMG! They were amazing. All of our guests kept complimenting how great the cupcakes were. They were definitely a crowd favorite. I will be using Dessert Works again for any event that warrants a cake. If Dessert Works can please a critical Haitian family than they can please anyone lol

Sent on 09/22/2018
  • Melinda

Melinda · Married on 09/01/2018

Best of the best

Dessert works is the best. I had another bakery booked and one of my bridesmaids knew about them and had a red velvet cake for my bridal shower and it was so delicious that I cancelled my current bakery and booked with them. If that’s not enough - I threw a birthday party for my mom a month later so I could have the cake again. It’s an addiction. So the cake is definitely delicious but on top of that I sent a Pinterest picture of a cake with all kinds of rope embellishment which they had not done before. They spent what seems like a lot of time figuring out the perfect way to master the rope look and reassured me that they could do it.... and wow were they right is all I can say. It looked better than the picture. Book dessert works before they run out of cake because I can’t stop eating it.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/11/2018

Great to work with. Absolutely beautiful cake and even better tasting! They genuinely wanted us to have the cake of our dreams. And the mini version for my husband and me to take home is so adorable.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Laurel · Married on 08/10/2018

DessertWorks really came through. Not only was the cake so delicious that people had more than one slice, but it was so beautiful that I was told several times that it was the most beautiful wedding cake people had seen. Jacqueline was easy to work with and accommodating. I picked out the elements I wanted and she got my vision completely. The cake was executed perfectly ~ even more beautiful than I hoped. I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Meagen · Married on 06/10/2018

My husband and I got married a little over a week ago and are so happy we used Dessert Works Bakery for our wedding cake. Jaqueline was great to work with and made the process very easy. The cake flavors were amazing and the cake itself was beautiful. We’ve received so many compliments on how great the cake tasted! Thank you for helping make our special day perfect. Meagen & Chris Cutler 06.10.18

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2018

Absolutely DELICIOUS cake. They were so flexible with us regarding our cake and catering options. We chose the buttercream frosting and the carrot cake and there was not one piece left over at the end of the night. Not only that, but they were very reliable, on time and had a beautiful simple design. Affordable as well.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Lilah · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I got married at Saphire Estate and were told about Dessert Works through them. We were definitely grateful that we found them! Dessert Works was able to accommodate us by providing a small cake for just my husband and I to cut at the wedding but also had a beautiful assortment of cupcakes for our guests. We also were able to come in for a tasting and the whole experience was just great. Thank you!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Abigail · Married on 11/11/2017

I LOVED working with Dessert Works for my wedding cake. Jacqueline and the rest of the staff were very timely with their responses and crystal clear about what I could purchase with my wedding package. Also, they frequently checked in with me about what I needed and what I ordered. Not to mention that they easily helped me get both a regular wedding cake and my very own dairy-free wedding cake. Dessert Works gave me a delicious wedding cake that I could eat even though I had an allergy. Additionally, my fiance thought all of the sample cakes were delicious at the tasting. Overall, I would recommend Dessert Works to anyone. Honestly, I am thinking of going back for my future birthday cakes! Thank you Dessert Works for making my wedding day special.

Sent on 12/07/2017