Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley Reviews

22 Reviews for Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley

• Aisha

Aisha · Getting married on 08/06/2021

Amazing Service

Sarah is the absolute best. She has always been there to help no matter how many emails I send daily. She is the absolute best. Super friendly. She has been working so hard to make my dream day a reality for me. I can't wait until my big day!!!!!

Sent on 01/24/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Getting married on 04/17/2021

Everything worked out perfectly for our guests. Sarah was very professional and so easy to work with

Sent on 07/09/2018

Kathryn Konstantas · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Heaven Sent

When we originally planned our wedding at the Delta, the plans were all completed pre-COVID. As time went on we realized that we were going to have to make major changes to our original plans. We could not have asked for a more understanding and professional team to work with to make these changes. While others were experiencing issues even contacting their venues amongst COVID, the Delta went out of their way to meet our changing needs including downsizing our originally planned guest count and changing the event room we used. Delynn was phenomenal and I really can' thank her enough for all she did for our reception. She made what could have been a very difficult situation, so much easier. They even went so far as to provide transportation for me to get to my wedding when our original transportation broke down on the way and the assistant general manager himself took wonderful care to ensure that we got there on time. Their customer service was beyond compare. What floored me and brought me to tears on my wedding day was the kindness that we felt from each encounter with an employee of the the Delta. I am so grateful that we chose this place to have our wedding reception and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Melissa Bellamy · Married on 01/18/2020

Sarah Kelley

Sarah is absolutely amazing. She made the consultant so easing for me and my finance, very helpful, and genuine. The delta hotel is a perfect all inclusive venue. I would totally recommend. I can’t wait to plan my special day with Sarah.

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2019

The BEST Venue in MD! Hands down!!!!

There aren't enough wonderful things I can say about this venue and the people who work there. From the first time we went to visit the venue and met Sarah Kelley to the days after the wedding when we picked up our things left behind....it was all the most wonderful experience. Our reception was held in the Cinnamon Tree Restaurant and it was gorgeous!!! Before I say anything else...Sarah and the staff went above and beyond in every way!! I arrived to the church for the ceremony and we realized we left my veil in the hotel suite. Superhero Sarah, found someone to drive it to our church in time for our ceremony!! She is a miracle worker!! Sarah made the planning process so fun and easy! She was so helpful with making recommendations when we needed direction and so accommodating to every request we had!! The food was delicious, the drinks were great, the staff was so kind and quick with service! The whole event was better than I ever could've dreamed! Sarah was so helpful, she set up all my decorations exactly the way I asked. She cleaned everything up after the reception so I could continue spending time with our guests. She went above and beyond in every way! I could go on and on about how fantastic this venue was for hours!!! If you don't choose this venue, you're making a big mistake!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/24/2019

Sarah and the staff

Hands down, Sarah is the BEST coordinator we could have asked for. She professionally dealt with a disgruntled guest situation while trying to keep me and my husband out of it. We had a delayed shipment of popcorn we were going to use as our make and take guest favor and she knew it was bothering me that we didn't have it. So she goes to 2 different grocery stores, spends $60 of her own money (which we reimbursed her for) and popped multiple bags of popcorn for our guests. Because of right bookings and schedules, we were unable to take reception decorations from our hotel suite to the reception area. Sarah personally brought it all down and set it up for us! She also cleaned up our suite and had some snacks and beverages waiting for the wedding party and parents when we returned from our ceremony. These are just highlights of how amazing Sarah is!
    On top of that, the Delta staff were so accommodating. They allowed me to check in to the parlor side of the bridal suite early so we could work on floral arrangements.
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE DELTA!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2019

Dream Wedding Plans in Progress!

I give the Delta Marriott Hunt Valley five stars across the board!...
    Quality of Service: When negotiating reception venues, the Delta Hunt Valley proved to offer the highest quality menu and amenities.
    Responsiveness: Sarah Kelley is always responsive whenever I reach out to her.
    Professionalism: The entire Delta staff have exhibited nothing but the utmost professionalism whenever I contact them or stop in for a visit.
    Value: The per-person cost for our selected menu and amenities was very competitive with other hotel venues in the area.
    Flexibility: Due to circumstances beyond our control, we actually had to change our wedding date two months after signing the contract. Sarah Kelley was able to quickly pull together a variety of alternative options so that we didn't lose any money or have to sacrifice any of our original plans.

Jim · Married on 06/01/2019

Sarah Kelley

Sarah and the Delta Hotel have been very helpful in easing the stress in planning our wedding. We have had a few bumps (not related to the hotel or Sarah) along the way and Sarah has stepped up in a big way to ensure our day will be great. I am confident that as the we get closer to the date, this trend of excellent service will continue. Thank you Sarah and the Delta hotel for all that you do.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/30/2019

Amazing Experience

We used the Delta Marriott to host our wedding block for our wedding. The property was updated beautifully. The pool was a perfect spot for us to use for our out of town guest waiting for the wedding to start later in the afternoon. Sarah was great and easy to work with. Even with my constant phone calls and emails. Thank you so much for making it an amazing time!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Rebecca · Married on 04/27/2019

Hire Sarah Kelley and you can thank me later

I want to start this review by saying the best day of my life, my wedding day, was brought to me by the Delta Marriott, Hunt Valley, MD. I wanted to personally write to rave about my experience but first I want to also provide some context as to why I am not most catering professionals ideal client and why this experience is so relevant to the undeniable Marriott Culture.

I had the privilege of being educated in the Marriott Hospitality Center at Rockville Community College which led me to finish my degree at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore and aided me in obtaining an internship with a Hospitality Company out of Washington, D.C. Under this company I then worked in catering and banquets for six years at a large Hilton in Baltimore. As you can imagine I had many inquisitions about venue space, seating arrangements, menu costing, audio visual capabilities, vendor information and many more than a bride that had no prior industry knowledge or experience would have. Spending the last four years in recruiting, learning about people’s professional credentials is second nature to me. During my venue research I viewed and connected with Sarah Kelley’s LinkedIn Profile, along with any other potential vendor. This actually eliminated quite a few properties but was a worth while screening of the catering and event managers’ professionalism.

I was engaged for 561 days. The Delta Marriott, Hunt Valley was the first property I wanted to tour after countless messages on WeddingWire with other properties. I was greeted by the front desk staff and Sarah Kelley like absolute royalty. She provided my family and answered all of my questions in depth. She anticipated my next questions all while explaining the terminology to my mother so she could visualize the space transforming into my wedding. I loved the venue at first sight but I mostly loved Sarah. She was so detail oriented, she knew every staff member that passed her and introduced us to everyone, and did everything she could to make us feel at home. As you can imagine it is hard to say “yes” to the first venue you see even if you are “in love.” So I shopped around through more WeddingWire messages, other site visits, both in and out of state. Through properties that got my name wrong or forgot my appointment or quoted us higher prices than the event menus they provided hoping we would not notice. During all these horrible experiences Sarah kept checking in with me to see how the search was going and letting me know what dates were available, never trying to “sell me.”

My parents dream was to have a large wedding in the Greater Washington, DC area, where I am from, and near where they got married. However, after viewing the DMHVMD and meeting Sarah my parents were sharing my sentiments.

But then the other shoe dropped. We had contracts in hand and the hotel ownership was about to change hands. The same day that I received a Google Alert about the hotel being for sale I got a call from Sarah explaining everything. I appreciated that even though nothing had been signed Sarah was proactive and not reactive. I didn’t have to call her and demand to know what was going on or if the hotel was going to scrapped for parts like some reports were saying. After a lengthy conversation with Sarah and I felt comfortable waiting to see what the final ownership determination would be, however, my parents were not as comfortable. Sarah catered to my parents and put them in touch with the highest level of management available to her to speak with them directly to ensure if they booked with the DMHVMD their princess’ day would be perfect, and it was.

Our wedding guests’ had the time of their lives. From the bridal party getting ready in the McCormick Suite, to the photos with our respective bridal parties and families in the gorgeous rustic decor to the perfectly prepared entree and cake by Sarah’s suggested vendor. One of my biggest concerns was that my family, who is notoriously late, would interrupt or delay my ceremony but we started right on schedule. The entire day was smooth sailing; a bride’s dream, because of Sarah and her team.

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding 11/3/18

We recently had our wedding reception at the Delta Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley and it was everything we wanted! Sarah Kelley was the wedding coordinator and she was incredibly professional, helpful, and responsive. She was very flexible and willing to meet with us in the evening to accommodate our work schedules and was always available by phone or email. She was very knowledgeable and had good advice on how to really make things work with our budget and make sure we were getting the best value for what we were paying. She made all of the day-of-wedding tasks/decorations very seamless and was able to achieve exactly what I wanted. She was always very enthusiastic about everything, even when I asked if it would be possible to rent a giant inflatable for our wedding and even manned the inflatable during the cocktail hour!

The hotel itself is beautiful. We looked at several other locations and we liked the layout of this hotel and how the ballroom and event space were in a separate location from the guest rooms. We used the Chesapeake Suite and one of the parlors for the bridal party to get ready and the rooms were spacious and beautiful. Sarah made sure that I was able to have my bridesmaids in the room adjoining the Chesapeake Suite so that we'd have more space to get ready. We also had a breakfast for our guests the next morning, which was nice and laid back and it was a great way for us to be able to see all of our out of town guests before they traveled back home.

All in all, for a bride who always hated the idea of planning a wedding, I couldn't be happier with our decision and highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Julie · Married on 08/11/2018

Our coordinator, Sarah, has been a pleasure to work with and has made the wedding planning process a breeze!! I never thought I would actually enjoy planning my wedding. From the start, she has been extremely helpful and super accommodating to our needs and wants. I cannot recommend Delta by Marriott in Hunt Valley highly enough!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/11/2018

We recently held my daughter’s wedding reception at the Delta Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley. It was amazing! We worked with Sarah Kelley, the social catering sales manager throughout the entire process. She was extremely professional and detail oriented. My daughter and I always felt that Sarah was available anytime we needed her! Sarah went above and beyond to keep up with all of our ever changing details. There was no detail overlooked. She is a great listener, communicator and a lovely person.

We had a lot of out of town guests, and everyone was able to stay at the hotel. The rooms were comfortable and our guests really enjoyed all of the amenities the hotel had to offer. They used the indoor/outdoor pool, the fitness center, Starbucks, the hotel bar and the restaurant.

The ballroom was spacious and was decorated beautifully. Our cocktail hour and reception went perfectly. The plated dinner service was very efficient and the food was served hot. We had so many people tell us that their dinner was delicious! The event manager, Jen, did a great job. Craig was the assistant manager and he was incredible too.

We used several of the hotel’s suites. The McCormick suite is a large, beautiful, two story suite, complete with a spiral staircase and a second floor library. Our hotel rooms were connected to suite, so we were able to have a gathering space for our family. The bridal party used it the morning of the wedding to have their hair and makeup done. The groom’s family enjoyed the Chesapeake suite, while my daughter and her new husband used the Potomac suite.

We had our rehearsal dinner in the garden room at the hotel too. The garden room opens to an outdoor space with seating which was a bonus. After the rehearsal dinner, we had welcome drinks at the hotel bar. We also used the bar after the reception for the after party.

I can’t say enough good things about Sarah and the staff at the Delta Marriott. It was the perfect venue for us.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Latisha · Married on 08/04/2018

I recently held my wedding reception here at the Delta Marriott Hunt Valley. It was the best decision ever! They were able to accommodate everything that we needed do a very large event! Sarah was the absolute best! Her enthusiasm and professionalism was completely amazing! This location provided customized services at reasonable pricing all with a smile. The food was unparalleled! There are so many amazing details concerning Sarah and the team of the Delta Marriott Hunt Valley Staff, but i will sum it up by saying my day was spectacular due to the hard work of this amazing team. I would highly recommend this venue and look forward to holding upcoming event at this location!

Sent on 09/04/2018
  • Blake

Blake · Married on 06/24/2017

The BEST experience we could have asked for

We had such an amazing experience hosting our wedding at the Delta Marriott. Sarah was quick to respond, very helpful, and an all around pleasure to work with. Thank you to the entire staff for making our day relaxing and seamless.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Keyuri Joshi · Married on 08/09/2019

Great to work with and amazing value!

Sarah, Delynn, Will, Patrick, and the rest of the Delta Marriott Team went above and beyond to ensure that our special day ran smoothly. Patrick and his culinary team accommodated multiple dietary restrictions for a large number of our guests. Sarah made sure that we got what we wanted for our events (and then some) and stayed within our budget. She answered all of our questions and ensured things were set/finalized before the event started ensuring a seamless transition between coordinators since she was unable to be attend our events. The McCormick Suite was absolutely beautiful and the perfect place to get ready, take pictures, and celebrate with the bridal and wedding party. Our event couldn't have run as smoothly without the Delta Marriott Team. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Bamundo · Married on 05/18/2019

Best hotel in the area!

My husband Mark and I got married at the Mansion at Valley Country Club on May 18th. We, along with many of our guests, stayed at Delta Hotels Baltimore Hunt Valley following our reception. Everything was great from the moment that we arrived that morning until we left the following day! The parlor suites provide an excellent space for getting ready with your bridesmaids, and the Polo Lounge & Bar is perfect for a late night after-party. We even ate brunch with some family and friends at the Cinnamon Tree Restaurant the next morning. The entire process of working with Sarah Kelley (Wedding and Social Event Manager) was relatively seamless and easy. She is quick to respond with her email! We highly recommend for your wedding day!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 07/28/2018

Exceptional service

The hotel was fantastic. Sarah Kelley, our liasion was exceptional. Everyone at the hotel was responsive, helpful and kind. Everything went smoothly. Thanks to Sarah, and the rest of the Delta Marriott team.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Catina · Married on 05/20/2018

Delta Hotels were amazing. We hosted our rehearsal luncheon here, contracted a hotel block, stayed there the night before and night-of the wedding, and hosted our morning-after brunch there. The hotel was beautiful, they distributed our welcome bags, made sure our guests were comfortable, had great food, and were extremely helpful during the hotel block process. Some of my fondest memories of my wedding weekend happened in this amazing hotel; would do it all over again!

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Pam

Pam · Married on 10/28/2017

Sarah was so helpful organizing our wedding room block, shuttle for the groom to get to the ceremony 2 miles away, and after party at the bar. We were going through this process as this hotel was shifting from previous management to being a Marriott hotel. There was some confusion due to this, but Sarah kept in communication and worked out all of the details and resolved all issues for us. The shuttle was right on time to take the guys to the ceremony site, and our room was amazing! We really enjoyed living the life of luxury in the suite the night before and night of our wedding.

Our guests also enjoyed their stay and loved the equestrian themed decor. We had a fantastic time at the bar for the after party. Everything worked out smoothly, in no small part thanks to Sarah's help. We also enjoyed the room service and brunch buffet at the hotel!
    Thank you again Sarah for everything, I am happy to recommend Delta Hotel Hunt Valley to friends and family if they need a nice place to stay in Baltimore County or a hotel for their wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Laura · Married on 06/30/2018

4.2
      2.0

Sarah was absolutely lovely and extremely responsive! I had a lot of questions, and she answered them all promptly, either via phone or email. In preparation for our wedding, we were able to get a 15-room courtesy block for Friday night (the max) and a 40-room, 80% attrition block for Saturday night. My only wish is that we could block off more rooms, but I'm hopeful that our guests will book early enough (our wedding is still a year away) that it won't be a problem. Thanks, Sarah!

Sent on 07/11/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda Phillips · Getting married on 03/02/2021

2.0
      3.0

Beautiful place with Customer service issues

I loved the wedding, the hotel was gorgeous and the reception went through with no issues. The planning I felt like I was dismissed and my concerns were not important. which raised our anxiety. For example, we discussed multiple times through email and in our one meeting before the wedding that we were to use the candles the hotel provides as center pieces but add a floral wreath around it to incorporate our colors but the hotel coordinator called my mother (in the limo on the way to the church) asking where the floral wreaths are to go that we had given to the coordinator the week before. There were also detailed instructions on the organizing totes that I provided with all the reception decorations. Yes I am very much Type A and organized all the time! There is a communication issue where we were to have the room for us (bride & groom) was to be free and upgraded but on that night we had to put a credit card on hold and got charged the full price of a king room and placed in a standard king room with no upgrade. It took over 3 weeks for the hold on the credit card to be released off the credit card. Also, I had to send multiple emails before I would get a response and was not given a phone number to the coordinator until the week of the wedding. I hired my own day of coordinator as well, So so so so glad I did, she made any anxiety I had disappear which allowed me and my bridesmaids/mother to relax and enjoy the day. Our own day of coordinator was there to help smooth the day over though double checking all my instructions sent to the hotel and gather the bridal party together as the hotel had just put us in a room (which had drinks, alcohol, and appetizers which were fantastic btw) but with very little support to the members of the bridal party. The food was fantastic :) and the open bar had many choice, except as the bride I requested an addition to the wine list as I prefer moscato which was not on the original list. A bottle of moscato was in the room the bridal party was in before being introduced but once I got to the ballroom the bartenders had no moscato for me to drink, very frustrating! Another issue the one bartender said they only had the one bottle for me and I was the only one to order it which meant I had to go get my own drinks all night! I had a few friends offer to get me some more wine throughout the night but the bartenders would not serve it to them, I had to be the one to receive. I would have hoped as the bride that the hotel team members would have listened to my request to add moscato to the list for everyone to enjoy and to allow my friends to get it for me as none of the wait staff offered either! The reception was a lot of fun thanks to our DJ (DJ Korey w/ a K) who directed the entire night and our own day of coordinator (who sadly has retired from this position) who made our day so great!

Sent on 04/10/2020