Deity Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Cheryl
    Cheryl M. Married on 04/01/2022

Great value, beautiful venue

Deity was such a wonderful venue to hold our wedding at! We loved that there was a dedicated space for each segment of the evening , how many items are included in the total cost (e.g. food, DJ services, tables, chairs, tableware, tablecloths, lighting), and overall how beautiful the space is. The whole team is super friendly and professional, and Caio and Anna made the final planning stages a breeze! We were able to let go and trust that everything would go perfectly. Anna was with us for the entire evening, helping with the rehearsal, fixing my bustle, and making sure we had a few minutes to celebrate on our own before joining the rest of our guests for the party. I'm so glad we held our wedding at Deity!
    Margaret V. Married on 11/07/2021

Incredible 11.7.21

Where do I even begin? From the moment that we walked into Deity we knew it was our wedding venue. The space is absolutely stunning - an old world charm mixed with contemporary elements. The space itself is gorgeous with exposed brick, stained glass windows and beautiful backdrops. We were sold. We booked Deity for our November 2021 wedding before the pandemic and had no idea what to expect once NY shutdown. Thats' where Caio came in. In the months, weeks and days leading up to our wedding he answered every call, every text, every frantic email. He was patient with us even when I am sure we were annoying ( hello neurotic bride over here). He took care of every detail that I didn't even know needed to be addressed. On the day of our wedding Anna was an absolute gem. She made sure my husband and I were taken care and had everything we needed ( including a shot of tequila just before our ceremony ) . The food was impeccable and our guests raved about the amazing cocktail hour . Dr Dhundee killed it - our entire night was just non stop dancing. It is very rare that you meet a vendor and instantly know that they are the one - and that is exactly what happened with Deity. I cannot imagine any other venue for the Brooklyn fairytale of our dreams.
    Janeva W. Married on 10/08/2021

Wouldn't change a thing!

Being an LGBT couple, and being perceived as young, made my wife and I extremely hesitant when it came to picking a space to host our wedding. We were afraid we’d either be judged for being a same sex couple, or not taken seriously because most couples our age don’t typically wed. We finally sucked up any reservations we had when we stumbled across Deity after googling potential wedding venues. Needless to say, It was love at first sight. We first went to see the space in person in August 2020 and left already knowing that it would be the place we’d decide on. Besides the raw beauty of the space, and its attractive non-traditional layout, it was the warm aura of the owner Caio that ultimately swayed our decision. We had a very calm first encounter and he put absolutely no pressure on us to make a decision right away. We felt respected, heard, and comfortable, which is something that no other venue accomplished.

Fast forward into 2021, Caio was extremely communicative throughout the entire process and answered every tedious covid related question we had. Our October 2021 wedding was truly a day that we, and our guests, will never forget. We received so many compliments regarding the space, food, drinks, and hospitality. Anna, our day of coordinator, was godsend. Wedding day was the most hectic day we’ve ever experienced, but Anna ensured the timeline and flow of the day went accordingly. I’d re-book and re-do this day in Deity all over again if I could. Even if you’re hesitant after reading this review, I suggest going to see Deity in person, to allow the space to do the persuading for you. Thank you again Caio and the entire Deity staff!
  • Cara
    Cara M. Married on 09/25/2021

The perfect Brooklyn wedding

From the moment we walked in , we loved it! My now husband =) , and I were searching for a venue that was different yet elegant, and Deity captured it right away.  We loved the building and aritechture immediately, and once we sat with the Deity team we knew we had to get married here! I, myself, am not great at party planning and they had every detail covered which made everything seamless. Deity made everything easy and gorgeous at the same time. By far my favorite thing about Deity is they take the time to listen to what you want and also ensure that you and your spouse get the time you need together on yourself wedding day. Friends and family are still raving how they have never been to a wedding like ours and how priceless it is. We highly recommended and are already hoping to have another event there!
    Brian S. Married on 09/11/2021

Grand Slam of a Venue

Deity is as good as it gets. The venue, the food, the ambience and decor, all managed by Caio Dunson, who is dedicated to handling all details large and small so you can relax and enjoy your event. There are plenty of event venues in Brooklyn, but Deity has the greatest staff, the most delicious food, the best sound system (guests can tear it up on the dancefloor downstairs while other guests can talk at normal volume in the lounge), and is just an all-around pleasure to work with. 10 stars out of 5!
    Tracy Z. Married on 09/09/2021

What we wished for

Caio, Caio! I really don't have words on how much we appreciate your kindess and patience. Like many couples who was suppose to get married in 2020, it was sadly a no-go due to the pandemic. We had to reschedule multiple times and we finally had a date in 2021. It was a lot of back and forth with Caio and he was really responsive and that was truly appreciated. The day of the wedding, we booked the bridal suite and omg... please, PLEASE book the bridal suite, it's lifesaving! It was raining on the day we got married so we didn't get to use the rooftop but the bridal suite was EVERYTHING! Trust me, you will not regret booking the bridal suite. We had a lot of freedom to do what we want and if we need Caio and his staff, they're right there to help. Honestly, this was the first venue space we checked out and we booked it on that very day. I'm from Brooklyn and I just loved how this space encapsulated the look and feel of Brooklyn, right in the center of Brooklyn.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer C. Married on 09/05/2021

Simply wonderful

Our wedding at Deity was simply wonderful from beginning to end. The space is so unique and truly interesting- each floor provides a different atmosphere- your guests will really enjoy moving throughout the space on the big day. I’ve heard numerous times how great the food was, how responsive the staff was, and that everyone who attended had a fantastic time.

From planning, covid postponements, and especially day of, working with Caio was wonderful. He’s thoughtful, resourceful, responsive and fully committed to you making your event exactly what you want it to be.

Please do yourself a favor and rent the bridal suite for the day before the event- its huge, beautiful and provides so many wonderful opportunities for photos. My husband and I didn’t want to see each other before the ceremony so the men hung out on the roof and the ladies in the suite and were really able to relax and enjoy themselves before the festivities began.

We have said over and over to each other that it was the best day of our lives and I fully believe that a lot of that had to do with the fact that we chose Deity as our venue.
  • John
    John F. Married on 08/27/2021

The best venue in NYC

Weddings are insanely difficult to plan. Knowing this, my wife and I hunted for a place that would make that a little bit easier. After much research we landed on Deity, a beautiful space where we could hold the ceremony and the reception all in the same place. The deal breaker was that they handled most of the ceremony/event setup in house - from professional waitstaff, to horderves & main course, to even having the DJ. We only had to bring in the florist and photographer - and since this place is a go-to for a lot of couples the two we selected were already familiar with the space and proceeded to coordinate with Caio, the owner. With the pain of seating charts, invitations, and other tasks having Deity take care of the coordination and other things in house was such a load off of our shoulders and was worth every penny on that alone.

We had originally planned to have our wedding in 2020 but the pandemic made us had to reschedule it. Having heard horror stories of venues and other vendors screwing people out of money we were originally nervous about what would happen. But to our relief, Caio was so accommodating and worked with us to schedule a new date - no extra charges or anything! His level of commitment to making sure you have the best evening possible is beyond what I thought was possible - even as we navigated through these horrible times.

I have done nothing but sing this place praises since our event. Everything was perfect: the food was some of the best you'll ever have, the DJ was incredibly friendly and could read a room like an expert, and the staff were friendly and beyond accommodating. And the bar next door is open until 5AM and is really cute - they often cater to events from Deity for the after party and are great about it. And to make it even better, it was actually really affordable for a wedding. Like to the point where other people were surprised that was even possible, especially being in Downtown Brooklyn.

Make Deity a top consideration for your wedding because my wife and I's was nothing but spectacular. And they'll make your life so much easier on one of the most stressful days of your life. And that is truly priceless.
    Brian M. Married on 07/23/2021

THE Brooklyn Gem for a Wedding

Nestled in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn is one of the most intimate and memorable venues you will find for a wedding. We locked in our date before COVID and two years later all the waiting was well worth it! To start Caio is one of the most genuine and professional people you will meet and someone we sincerely call a friend. Every single detail from the door opening, to guests arriving to our departure at the end of the night was covered without us having to worry about a thing. We were hesitant to pull in a million different vendors and when it came to the food, logistics and venue, all the big points were covered. Our florist, photographer and videographer were welcomed as part of the family and worked seamlessly with the rest of the Deity team. Both my wife and I are sticklers for food and music, and both of these areas were above and beyond what you would anticipate from a typical wedding. The most important part of the day was that we were able to to relax and focus on the experience and the friends around us. All of the 'happenings' behind the scenes were 'unseen,' with the staff taking care of all the details and any issues (none) without us even knowing. Thank goodness we had such great photos to remember the day, because it was an absolute dream and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you again and much love to the Deity family and to Caio!
  • Clea
    Clea A. Married on 07/12/2021

Exceeded Our Expectations at Every Turn

I am now nearly four weeks out from my wedding and I am still riding the post wedding high. Every part of our day went spectacularly, exceeding our expectations, and a HUGE part of that was because of this venue and all the staff that make the place run smoothly, professionally, and joyfully. I cannot tell you how many texts, emails, and voicemails we received afterwards telling us this was the best wedding they've ever been to. How fun it was. How the layout made it so cool and extra special. They loved that dancing was separate, making that portion a real party. And for the guests who don't really want to be out there dancing, they still felt like they were a part of it since the tables are right there in the action. It was a dream.
    Also, you will LOVE your experience at Deity as much as your guests did! A few more specifics about our day, as I know I read all these reviews in detail when deciding; we started the day in the Suite getting ready, which was such a beautiful landing space to have. It is GORGEOUS and just makes you feel luxurious and taken care of immediately. The staff were checking in all day or answering texts about tiny questions. And it was so nice to be whisked away up there at various points in the night for some connection time between you alone as a couple. I think this aspect is something that sets Deity completely apart. On the night of your event you are given TWO coordinators who are pretty much just there for you. They keep track of timing and where you two need to be at any point in the night and just allowed us to be more fully present in every moment, not worrying over "what time is it? is xyz happening?" At any moment I had a question or a thought, they were two steps ahead of me and I relaxed all the more, breathing a deep sigh of relief and gratitude. Beyond these two amazing coordinators, there's the whole rest of the staff, who are also so kind, considerate, and on top of every little thing. We had two people who were in a wheelchair or walker. This was something that caused us a lot of concern beforehand, but Caio assured us they knew exactly how to handle it and to not worry. And man were they right. With grace, poise, and open hearts, they maneuvered the wheelchair over various steps, aided with the chair lift, and went above and beyond when at the start of dancing, our wheelchair bound uncle couldn't get a cab as it was New Year's Eve, and the bartender himself walked them to the hotel! When we heard of this the next morning, we teared up. It was that level of kindness and consideration at every point, big and small, that sets this venue apart from all the rest.
    The food and drinks were plentiful and absolutely delicious (the salmon and short ribs are to die for) and kept us happy dancing into the night. Not to mention the GORGEOUS interior and design on every floor. I loved it from the first time I set eyes on the place, and every guest commented how cool, unique, fun, and well-done our wedding was. This was because of the team at Deity, not us. ; )
    Cassie M. Married on 06/19/2021

The greatest wedding ever at Deity

Let me start out by saying that we could not have picked a better venue for our special day. From the moment we toured the space and met Caio, we knew that Deity was our choice. Not only is Deity a beautiful venue, but having a multi-floored wedding provided unique and exciting energy at every step of the night. Below, we break down what makes Deity so special:

Venue: The venue is unlike any we've ever seen. From the exposed brick, classic "Brooklyn under the stars" vibe in the reception room/dining room, to the magnificent tree that sits uniquely in the middle of the cocktail hour floor and plays nicely off of their octagonal bar, to the stunning rooftop arrangement with an in-ground hot tub, to the picturesque bridal suite that my wife and her party spent the entire day getting ready in, to the dance floor, highlighted by their classic "Brooklyn Love" sign, disco ball, and full-sized mirror in the back, the entire venue screams one-of-a-kind. Within minutes of touring the venue, we knew we had to get married here.

Food and Drink: The food at Deity was absolutely excellent. The hour d'ouevres were an absolute hit, and the staff did a great job of keeping things coming. Guests reported that this was one of the most filling and tasty cocktail hours they had ever had. The dinner was also exceptional, providing interesting yet classic options on all types of dinner dishes. Everyone was raving about the culinary experience from start to finish. To top it all off, Deity worked with us to create 3 craft "Cat Cocktails" that was a smash hit at the wedding. The drinks were prepared promptly, they were well-made, and the bar offers a wide array of drinks and brands to choose from. There was never a wait, and everyone drank plentifully during our celebration.

Staff: The staff was exceptional. Every person had a smile on their faces, was pleasant, and hard-working to make our night function properly. Caio and Anna have an amazing eye for detail and goes to great lengths to make sure that the little stuff that you do not/should not be thinking about on your special night is taken care of. It's obvious that they hold a wealth of experience. From the bartenders to the servers, everyone went above and beyond.

The Party: It was the dance party of the century. Deity provided an absolutely epic DJ, in BenHa Meen, who took us on a journey with our ears, that translated into a night of nonstop movement, sweat, and screaming. For weeks after our wedding, people continued to tell us how amazing Ben was, and how great the music that he chose was. As a professional DJ working with some amazing artists, he really knew how to mix and ride the vibe of the night.

Caio: Without a doubt, one of the most influential factors for hosting our wedding at Deity was the owner himself, the legend that is, Caio Dunson. Caio is warm, friendly, accommodating, and professional. With years of experience in this industry and having built Deity from the ground up with his own bare hands, it's obvious that he cared about our day being special just as much, if not more, than we did. This pandemic brought about many challenges, including having to postpone our date, and Caio was there every step of the way, always available on calls, emails, or texts. Please believe me when I say that WE COULD NOT HAVE CHOSEN A BETTER BUSINESS PARTNER, EVENT PLANNER, AND FRIEND, TO HELP US MAKE THIS WEDDING WHAT IT TURNED OUT TO BE. Working with Caio was easy and enjoyable.
  • Erika
    Erika Married on 06/11/2021

Best Wedding Ever!

Our wedding will be a day we will never forget. The ceremony/dining room set a romantic atmosphere, it was stunning. Caio who is the owner & his team are awesome, they all provided a great show of support throughout the booking process & day. We didn't do a tasting prior to the wedding, I expected the food to be average for catering venues but everyone raved about the food! My wife & I had a chance to meet and compliment the chef in person. The cocktail hour horderves were so delicious. My favorite moment was right when the ceremony ended everyone went down to enjoy cocktail hour, my wife and I stayed back to enjoy an intimate cocktail with each other right after our "I do". The Deity team was extraordinary, I didn't have to worry about anything. They assisted with making sure my bridal bouquet was kept safe & in perfect condition while we enjoyed our time. Our crowd was a little bit of everything, the foodies loved every item on our cocktail list which included chicken & waffles, mini grilled cheese with tomato soup, mini cubans, lamb sliders, lobster rolls & bruschetta.The dancing crowd enjoyed the music and the basement level, they had drinks coming to them all night, and easy access to the restrooms. Everyone loved the multi level venue, each floor was a surprise.

We came across a wedding video in 2018 from a same sex couple that was held in Deity, the couple looked so happy and the venue looked so beautiful in the background. We checked on google and looked at the reviews & photos for Deity and were in love with the romantic setting it has with the candles and dim lighting and that big Brooklyn Love sign in the cellar behind the disco ball. We received pricing and after shopping around Deity fit our budget and offered a great deal of help such as a day of coordinator and DJ everything was just so simple and the pricing was very reasonable. We met with a Deity rep to do a walk through of the venue and the same day we couldn't see our wedding anywhere else but Deity. We set our date for November 2020 but then in March 2020 covid happened, with everything up in the air as to employment we were not too sure if to save money or to submit our 2nd payment but Caio was so supportive and understood just like him we were all worried about what was next. We touched base January 2021 and decided to move forward and set our date for June 2021. Choosing Deity as our venue was the best choice we did for our special. The food was delicious, I would love to go back to eat lol, the decor is elegant and modern and in style. The staff are all so lovely, friendly & very attentive. Caio is running such a great establishment. We can't thank the Deity staff enough!
  • Kyra
    Kyra Married on 06/05/2021

Best day ever

My Deity wedding was an absolute dream, and that is largely thanks to the amazing staff that made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible. Planning a wedding in a pandemic is no easy task but Caio really worked with my husband and I to make sure it was an amazing day while keeping everyone’s safety at utmost importance. We had frequent emails, phone calls, and meetings throughout the planning process to make sure no detail was left out and that everyone was being accommodated. On the day of, our coordinator Anna also went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were enjoying ourselves and absolutely mastered our schedule/ timeline. Our families are not easy people to keep on track but Anna did it all flawlessly!
    Deity is such an amazing venue in that the space is so versatile and diverse you feel like you’re at a different venue with each floor. Thanks to the bridal suite, I didn’t have to stress about where to get ready with my bridal party and then coordinate more travel in time for photos. The rooftop was great for cityscape photos and we even walked around the neighborhood for some great shots. The ceremony space was flipped for dinner and Deity staff made sure transitions to and from floors were seamless. Our guests loved having the lounge space open all night as well as a break from the dance floor.
    The food was phenomenal. Cocktail hour and dinner were knocked out of the park and our guests had nothing but amazing things to say about the food. Seriously, if we could get our hands on that BBQ chicken recipe we would. Our DJ Ben was also fantastic. One of our deciding factors in choosing Deity was that our package came with a DJ already and Ben did not miss. He kept our friends and families dancing and just a great overall vibe to the night.
    When initially booking Deity, we were a little concerned about the 2 flights of stairs at the venue but Caio also made sure that our elderly guests were comfortable and received any assistance needed throughout the night which was HUGELY appreciated. On top of it being such an affordable, all-inclusive, prime NYC spot, I cannot recommend Deity enough!
    John T. Married on 05/03/2021

Amazing Wedding Experience

We can't thank Deity enough for helping us pull off an amazing wedding. Deity was perfect for us since they account for every single detail and include almost everything within their package. We didn’t have a wedding planner yet Caio and his team made sure nothing was left out. They provided amazing service, a beautiful venue and delicious food. It was truly an all-in-one service that made our lives sooooo much easier.

Chef Kary’s food was delicious. Our guests not only raved about the hors d'oeuvres (some of the best ever according to multiple people) but were also wowed by our family-style dinner. We loved the urban/industrial vibe of the venue and only had to add a few more personal touches from ourselves to make it look great. DJ BenHa, despite some miscommunication with regards to some special requests, played a song list that had the crowd rocking all night (he was able to understand the style of music we wanted after only a few minute on the phone). Most importantly, Melissa was instrumental in helping us plan and organize everything leading up to the wedding and made us feel at ease. She answered all of our questions, no matter how specific they were, and helped us troubleshoot a few problems we had. Her (and Anna’s) help day-of made the wedding go off smoothly without us feeling any anxiety at all. They were always calm and collected and made sure that we had some private couple time together even during the craziness of everything.

We would recommend Deity to anyone who is looking to have a wedding in NYC. The price is very reasonable and the ease of mind you get from working with a great all-in-one venue is seriously underrated. We love everyone we worked with at Deity!
    Jaclyn S. Married on 12/06/2020

Amazing venue, amazing team, amazing wedding!

Everything we could've asked for and more. Throughout the chaos that was 2020 (and even 2021) the Deity team was with us from day one. They helped answer questions and took care of everything from the 'big items' to the little details, which was extremely helpful and calming for an out-of-state couple. The beauty of the venue is unmatched and the helpfulness of the
    team is top-notch. A+, two-thumbs up, would recommend!
    Angela A. Married on 07/09/2020

Wedding Dreams Come True

We considered a number of locations and when it came time to make a decision, we were challenged with our ability to trust the coordinator and their team would provide the support we needed to plan a wedding from afar. In our first discussion, Caio made us feel heard and comfortable. A few weeks later, we met in person at the venue and we knew we chose the right venue and team to help make our wedding dreams come true. We relied heavily on the advice and guidance of the Deity team. They went above and beyond to make recommendations to hotels, local vendors not typically used, coordinate timeline of shipments and overall décor coordination. Their team took a huge weight off with their in-house planning, catering, and music.

The day of the wedding. the bridal party arrived to the venue early and we were all in awe of the stunning bridal suite. Being able to get ready at the venue and not having to worry about transportation was perfect.

The Ceremony, the floor was stunning, the florist and Deity staff created a whimsical indoor garden with greenery draping across the ceiling and crawling up the windows throughout the room, the aisle was lined with candles that led to the rooms center piece, a beautiful hexagon covered in roses, hand built for our wedding by my now husband. The aroma of the flowers filled the room and was intoxicating, something I will remember always. On the same accord, when the room was turned over for dinner, the table settings were all that I had dreamed and more they made the room feel romantic and warm. The guests were in awe of their ability to turn over the room so quickly and gushed over the attentiveness of the staff. They loved the tray passed Hors D’oeuvres during cocktail hour and the family style dinner. During the reception, they enjoyed the drinks to order versus a bar, it kept the guest engaged in the party versus crowding around a bar.

Words can’t express how grateful I am to Caio and the Deity team. Deity did so many little things leading up to our wedding day to make it perfect. I highly recommend them for any of your events, you will not be disappointed.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey B. Married on 05/16/2020

Our dream wedding- during Covid!

Nothing I can say or write will do justice to how dream come true our wedding was! I knew even before I got engaged that I wanted to get married at Deity, because of the absolutely beautiful building and the fact that they provide everything you need for your big day. Shortly after getting engaged I reached out and got in touch with Caio who was happy to accommodate our small 50 person wedding. Every vendor they recommended was equally as wonderful for the booking process and I was basically done planning my wedding in a couple months!

Enter 2020- as soon as Covid hit (an event planner myself) knew that this was not something that would pass quickly and I had no intentions of postponing my October dream wedding. Caio was on board from the beginning that we would do whatever it takes to make the wedding happen! He was so attentive and quick to respond to all of my concerns and adapting plans for the big day as regulations constantly changed (at one point we were going to do a rooftop party!)

Thankfully, NYC allowed indoor dining 10 days before our wedding so we went full speed ahead with a Covid safe plan to do our indoor wedding. We ended up deciding against dancing as it is difficult to do socially distanced, and it ended up making our night even more perfect with an additional cocktail hour in the lounge space to spend time with friends and family.

Once the big day came, everything came together perfectly. Thanks to Caio for recommending the BEST vendors you could imagine, literally picking up our cake for us, and being there to answer every little question I had and to pay special attention to every detail I planned. Our family and friends can't stop telling us about how it was the most amazing wedding they had ever been to! Our day far exceeded our expectations and I give all credit to Caio and our vendors. Thank you thank you! Book your wedding at Deity, you will be in the best hands in the industry and have the best day of your life!
  • Laura
    Laura P. Married on 04/18/2020

A dream come true after COVID cancellations!

Any bride who had an original wedding date in 2020 no doubt has a unique story to tell about when and how they finally got married after the pandemic forced so many of us to reconsider our plans. I had friends whose venues caused them so many headaches when it came to rescheduling, money lost, demands not met, etc., and I am eternally grateful that I did not have to deal with any of those things. I cannot imagine a venue as accommodating, supportive, and receptive as Deity, and have no doubt that my experience with wedding planning would not have been nearly as positive if I chose another venue. Our original date was April 18, 2020, and when we were forced to cancel, Deity helped us reschedule not once but twice, finally landing on our date of June 25th, 2021. Throughout all those reschedulings, Deity honored our original price point (we went with April because it was off-peak pricing, and even though we rescheduled to June, Deity did not increase our costs and let us keep the off-peak price we originally agreed to!). Additionally, Caio (head of Deity) kept us in the loop each step of the way about capacity limits, COVID restrictions, etc., and we ended up having a wedding that not only met but exceeded our original expectations!
    Aesthetically, Deity is one of the most unique and stunning venues in NYC. There are so many interesting features that my guests were in awe of – the beautiful tree with delicate dangling lights smack in the middle of the cocktail lounge, the juxtaposition of stained glass and exposed brick, the large hexagon-shaped bar that helped loads of people get a drink at once, the light and airy ceremony room, the vintage “Brooklyn Love” sign and disco ball in the dance room…every part of this venue is “Instagrammable!” Then, there’s the breathtaking bridal suite – this really sold it for us, because having access to this lounge from 10 AM onward to get ready in and take pictures made the entire day so incredibly joyful and easy! The lounge is beyond gorgeous, with romantic velvet curtains, antique furniture, a fully functional kitchen with a huge island (perfect to serve lunch on while everyone gets ready) and multiple bathrooms. We also had access to the amazing roof deck all day – great views of the Brooklyn skyline, a shaded sitting area, and even a 10x10 spa pool we dipped our feet into. The roof and bridal lounge were absolutely perfect for our bridal party as we got hair and makeup done and took spectacular photos.
    If you book with Deity, you also get a basic décor package included, which helped us save a lot on decorations and flowers! The décor package includes gorgeous, thin strands of lights, thick asymmetrical candles and a mirror plate that we used as the focal part of our centerpieces, a huge hexagonal arch in the ceremony room that you can put candles and flowers on and get married in front of, all the table cloths/napkins, table assignment numbers, and more. Also included when you book with Deity is the DJ! I recommend getting on the phone with your DJ beforehand to go over the music and selections you’d like so they can personalize it for you (we didn’t do this, but the musical selection still ended up being a good spread of genres and this). If you have special requests, let them know and they’ll accommodate (we wanted to distribute glowsticks for a specific song and our DJ helped make that happen at the right time).
    Regarding food, Deity’s selection of hors d’oeuvres for cocktail hour were fantastic. We went for the lobster po boy, crab cakes, spanakopita, mini Cuban sandwiches, beef tenderloin toasts, and the chicken and waffles (which were TO DIE FOR). All of our selections were delicious and tasted just like they did at our tasting – no day-of surprises! For the sit-down dinner, we enjoyed the salmon with cream sauce, short ribs (melt in your mouth!), and a bunch of delicious sides all served family style (which lets your guests try everything and eat even more than a typical plated dinner). The drink service was always spot on and our guests (who REALLY like to party) were able to enjoy as many beverages as they liked thanks to the speedy drink service and waiters who helped deliver drink orders in the dance room (there’s no bar in there, but people are constantly floating around to take drink orders so no one had to worry about their next beverage).
    Finally, the staff at Deity (in particular, Caio and our day-of coordinator Anna) are exceptional human beings. They are true professionals who have immense experience with weddings and have this stuff down to a SCIENCE. They know all the details about transitions, timing, how to move your guests from one from to the next – you don’t have to worry about a thing, and our night went off without a hitch! Anna even fixed my hair and helped bustle my dress, made sure our favorite drink was always in hand, and gave us waters every half an hour or so to keep us hydrated! When our florist dropped out last minute, Caio managed the communication with the new florist to make sure they could step up and do the job right, and that really alleviated so much stress for us. These are people who will have your back through and through and take on anything necessary to make sure you can focus on having fun and living in the moment.
    We are so grateful to Deity for their efforts on our behalf – if you book with Deity, you’re going to have the most magical wedding that people will be buzzing about for ages. Don’t hesitate to choose them for your wedding! We could not be happier with our experience!
  • Jack
    Jack A. Married on 04/01/2020

Best wedding venue!

We are so grateful we selected Deity for our wedding. It was the best decision we made during the planning process. From the beginning, we had a great vibe about the venue and its owner, Caio. Deity is absolutely beautiful, and looks nothing like any other venue in the NY/NJ area. We felt how special the venue was when we first met Caio. Caio took our concerns seriously. We knew that we wanted an intimate ceremony, plentiful food, and a well-stocked bar. Caio made sure our opinions were validated and completely reassured us every step of the way. After signing the contract, Caio was easily accessible by email and phone whenever we needed him. He was always straightforward, transparent, and trustworthy. Caio and his team handled all the little things leading up to the wedding and during the wedding, with ease and like pros. Truthfully, Caio stressed that his team was experienced when we first signed our contract but we did not appreciate that until after our wedding when we reflected how effortless the wedding was.

After you sign the contract, they basically take care of the rest. They did a great job of shuttling guests between floors. They got the food out swiftly, enabling everyone to eat at the same time. The food was excellent and plentiful. We had a few guests who kept Kosher or were vegan and they handled everything related to the special meals with ease. They also paid special attention to one of our elderly guests, making sure that she could change floors along with the rest of the party and helping her every step of the way. They turned our ceremony decorations into table decorations without us even asking and beautifully displayed our dessert buffet, taking the initiative to cut the donuts in half so guests could try all of the desserts. Caio’s DJ, DJ Ben Hameen, was excellent, and he took our recommendations and “no play list” seriously. At the end of the night, they helped us pack everything up and we were able to pick up the bulk items the next day. Months after the wedding is over, we still have guests telling us how wonderful the food, venue, and music was, and that they’ve never been to a wedding like it before. We also highly recommend getting the suite, for both the bridal party to get ready and also for some great photos. We’re so glad we picked Caio and Deity to have our wedding and we cannot recommend them enough. Caio became part of our family, and we are so glad that we put our trust in him for our special day. If you’re on the fence - BOOK DEITY NOW!
    Kaytee Married on 12/14/2019

Best place to get married ever

We cannot say enough good things about it deity. We got married there In December but our journey with them started the previous September. We walked in to tour the venue and instantly knew this was where we wanted to get married. Every step of the way we felt taken care of. Caio, the owner and his incredible team are out of this world. They truly go above and beyond to make your day the most perfect and magical one. You are never without anything and they anticipate your needs before you even know you have them. The venue is essentially 3 different spaces in one, your ceremony is upstairs, cocktail hour in a beautiful bar, while that’s happening they transform the ceremony space to dinner and then dance party in the basement. There are a number of stairs, we were worried about my Nana but she felt so taken care of, they helped her every step of the way. The food, was unbelievable, and they always made sure we ate. After the ceremony they whisked us away so we could have our cocktail hour snacks and private time before Greeting everyone. At dinner they also made sure we were served first so we could eat. Everyone who attended our wedding loved it, and that’s all thanks to everyone at deity. Also definitely rent the suite to get ready in, it makes for beautiful photos and seamless getting ready. Our giant families fit in it! Honestly I would get married there every day if I could, it was the most magical wonderful experience of our lives. We love everyone at Deity, we are pretty obsessed with them.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful venue!

Our wedding was at Deity on November 23, 2019. We LOVED the venue and highly recommend it.
    Caio (the owner) was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. He was always very quick to respond to our questions. He is an expert in all-things wedding planning and hep paved the way for us to have an unforgettable experience. Making a perfect seating chart was one of our hardest tasks – Caio’s suggestions and floorplans along the way were invaluable.
    Melissa and Ana led the show on the night of our wedding. Ana was my personal attendant and kept bringing me water or whatever I asked for. Both Ana and Melissa were very attentive and even anticipated all my needs in advance! Ana even bustled my dress! Melissa and Ana certainly are experts in making weddings go smoothly! At the end of the evening, they gathered all our belongings, so it was easy to grab everything together when leaving.
    Our planning meeting in advance was with Melissa. We had some homework both before and after to figure out all the details. Whatever we wanted— Deity made it happen. We did our tasting the same night as the planning meeting. The food at the tasting was excellent—I’m glad I enjoyed it since I didn’t eat a lot on the wedding night! It’s definitely worth doing the tasting to compare options.
    Food quality was very important for us and we were very happy with how everything turned out. For the hor d’oerves, we selected: lemongrass shrimp, salmon poke, beef tenderloin toast, spanakopita, crab cakes and bruschetta. For dinner, we selected: mozzarella salad, green beans, orzo pilaf, NY strip and seared tuna. (We paid a bit extra per guest for two premium entrees.) All the hor d’oerves were delicious! My favorites were the beef tenderloin toast and spanakopita. (In the tasting, we tried the sliders, but preferred the toast) The salmon poke was notably delicious! For the salads, we also tried the beets during our tasting– both salad options would have been great. As for entrees, the NY Strip with the mushrooms was delicious! It was my favorite, but my husband loved the seared tuna even more. My parents had been a bit worried about tuna before the wedding, since they thought some guests might want fish more thoroughly cooked,. We had been on the fence and considered picking salmon instead, but the tuna turned out great and everyone loved it! In terms of quantity, there was plenty of food. Deity coordinated vegetarian and kosher meals for us and had backup vegetarian options on hand.
    The space at Deity is beautiful. The Loft (for room the ceremony and then dinner) —with the exposed brick, lights, and candles—is just stunning. (Having candles as centerpieces means costs savings, not spending as much on flowers for tables.) It was the perfect urban chic look we wanted. The Lounge (main floor for guests upon arrival and cocktail hour) has beautiful stained-glass windows, is soundproof, and is just a beautiful room. Our guest count was 150. It felt a little crowded, but not terribly. We originally expected a guest count of 120, which is more ideal for the space.
    The open concept of having the party flow between floors works well. The staff brought people up and down seamlessly. There was coat check, so not much worry over leaving coats or bags at seats. Some of our older guests left after dinner, though, rather than dancing in the cellar, since by then it was late and, without a seat at a table, they felt it was okay to head out. This was fine with us and didn’t deter from the party happening downstairs!

We had a string quartet for the ceremony, which was great. At the cocktail hour we had so many people that they were a bit drowned out—if you try this, maybe arrange for microphones. Then Ben was the DJ for dancing. He did a great job playing the Hora music we picked out, and everyone loved dancing through the night...the dance floor and cellar space were intimate and perfect for us! We picked out our own dessert from a local bakery, and Deity served it during the dance party, which was also managed seamlessly.
    We were thrilled with our wedding at Deity!!
  • Solei
    Solei P. Married on 11/15/2019

Magically Perfect!

So many things to say about Deity.

Deity helped with solidifying our dream wedding. My husband and I are both Brooklynites and this venue could not have depicted Brooklyn and it's evolution any better. After we read the reviews and watched some of the party videos, we felt compelled to see the venue for ourselves. At our arrival, it seemed as if the choice was already unquestionable. The venue is eloquently designed with exposed brick walls and a centered lit tree highlighting its natural beauty. The intricate lights and candles gave off a romantic, whimsical feeling. Each floor brought a new, pleasant feeling of discovery. The top floor suite was definitely worth it. My bridal party and I were able to get ready as peacefully as can be. The suite can accommodate an entire party as well as the hair and makeup team comfortably. The rooftop is a great place for couples to do their first look. It was private, intimate and offered an amazing view of Brooklyn's skyline. Caio and his team made the planning process easy and almost effortless. He promptly responded to our endless questions without hesitation. The entire team of coordinators were EXTREMELY helpful! They helped manage our wedding jitters and made the decor and blend of traditional/cultural customs come to life. Til this day, our guests continue to give us compliments about the music, food and great time they had.

DEITY is highly recommended.
  • Catherine
    Catherine G. Married on 11/09/2019

Five Star Experience

I probably read every single review on here before booking ( I wanted a perfect venue) and now know first hand what the hype is all about! This is a legit five star vendor!!!!
    We hired Deity in part for its unique beautiful lay out that would create an insane party and also because we felt we would be in amazing hands with Caio and his staff. Service is one of the most important things to us in a vendor. Let me tell you- Caio and his team are second to none ( shout out to Anna and Melissa—omg you two!!!). Their ability to fine tune all the details and anticipate the needs of you and your guests is hands down incredible. I was sewed into my dress when it ripped I think by Anna, never went without a drink and my guests were well taken care of as well. Every request from specific wine choices for our mothers to creating a pasta bar at cocktail hour were all successfully accomplished. Our guests commented how they never had to wait for a drink - score! Caio carried my 95 year old grandfather up and down stairs and made him feel like a million bucks. List goes on and on.. I highly recommend renting out the suite if you can- it was like a sanctuary to get ready in with my closest friends, sister and mom. It’s stunning and serene and I didn’t have to worry about going anywhere since we were utilizing the entire building!
    After almost a year of planning (I went all out and did a valet service, limo shuttles to hotels, donut vendor, hypster photo booth, etc) Caio said leave it in my hands we got this!!!! And you know what.. he did. In every way shape and form.
    If you want a unique and vintage vibe in Brooklyn that’s NOT the cookie cutter ballroom my husband and I couldn’t recommend this venue more. We will never forget our magical night and the magicians who helped pull it off. Thank you for one of the best nights of our lives Caio. - Catherine & Adam
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/26/2019

For a venue relationship that is more of a partnership, look no further

My now husband and I settled on Deity for a few reasons: 1) they are a multi-floor, all-in-one ceremony/reception venue, 2) they are far more laid back and untraditional than other venues, and 3) we clicked with the staff immediately. When we booked them, I warned them that although I was a fairly non-traditional bride, I am also a seriously nitpicky planner. At no time did anyone at Deity make me feel rushed, unprepared, or like some kind of bother during the planning process. Melissa was there to answer every single ridiculous planning question I had and worked so closely with us to make sure the details of our day were on pointe despite many last minute changes and issues. Before the wedding, owner Caio took the time to meet and speak with me regarding the finalization of all our details and really made us feel like the lines of communication were perpetually open with Deity. We expressed some concerns about small things and he listened carefully and thoughtfully executed changes on our behalf that helped us have what was a truly perfect day. On the day of, Melissa and Anna helped curb all of our anxieties and guide us and our guests through the day seamlessly. When I say these guys will put in work for you, they will truly put in WORK. They are undeniably professional, kind, and so excellent at diffusing any issues without causing panic to the bride and groom. The food was great, service by all staff was top notch, and the decor in Deity can't be beat. I highly recommend using their bridal suite for getting ready and staying the night- it was amazing to not have to trek to a second location after we were so tired! The suite truly can't be described and pictures don't do it justice- you have to see it. Deity also provides a portal with an abundance of vendor recommendations once you book, and this is how we found our incredible photographer, as well. All in all, Deity is a 10/10 venue in a 2/10 wedding world and we are so blessed to have their incredible space, staff, and energy as the backdrop to our special day. They have truly become a sort of family to us.
  • Stacey
    Stacey P. Married on 09/19/2019

Deity for a Wedding? Yes PLEASE! :)

Our friends hosted their wedding at Deity this last weekend and if I had one word to sum up the experience, I would say it was magical!

The venue itself is absolutely stunning and beautifully unique! There are multiple levels that can host an array of different settings and vibes, which I loved! We started our day on the fourth level in the bridal suite, which was spacious enough for 14 of us to get ready. We then moved on to the fifth level, which is a beautiful rooftop terrace for photos. Moving on to the third floor, we attended the wedding ceremony in a room that had been beautifully decorated to suit the tastes of the bride and groom. This room was flipped over for dinner as we had cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres on the second level bar area, which was adorned with soft lighting and an intimate seating area. Finally, we moved downstairs to the first level, which was a room with beautiful art deco ceilings, to dance the night away for the reception.

Although the venue itself was a gem, what impressed me the most was the staff and service. The food was absolutely delicious, but more than that, they seemed to think of every single detail to make it an unforgettable experience. The owners were personally involved in the process from beginning to end, which made me feel confident in knowing someone had such a personal investment in the event. I’d highly recommend Deity for a wedding or other special social or corporate event.