Deity Events Reviews

Deity Events 6
Deity Events 7

John Tsuei · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Amazing Wedding Experience

We can't thank Deity enough for helping us pull off an amazing wedding. Deity was perfect for us since they account for every single detail and include almost everything within their package. We didn’t have a wedding planner yet Caio and his team made sure nothing was left out. They provided amazing service, a beautiful venue and delicious food. It was truly an all-in-one service that made our lives sooooo much easier.

Chef Kary’s food was delicious. Our guests not only raved about the hors d'oeuvres (some of the best ever according to multiple people) but were also wowed by our family-style dinner. We loved the urban/industrial vibe of the venue and only had to add a few more personal touches from ourselves to make it look great. DJ BenHa, despite some miscommunication with regards to some special requests, played a song list that had the crowd rocking all night (he was able to understand the style of music we wanted after only a few minute on the phone). Most importantly, Melissa was instrumental in helping us plan and organize everything leading up to the wedding and made us feel at ease. She answered all of our questions, no matter how specific they were, and helped us troubleshoot a few problems we had. Her (and Anna’s) help day-of made the wedding go off smoothly without us feeling any anxiety at all. They were always calm and collected and made sure that we had some private couple time together even during the craziness of everything.

We would recommend Deity to anyone who is looking to have a wedding in NYC. The price is very reasonable and the ease of mind you get from working with a great all-in-one venue is seriously underrated. We love everyone we worked with at Deity!

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Deity Events 12
    Deity Events 13
    Deity Events 14
    Deity Events 15

Hanna Patterson · Married on 06/14/2019

Wonderful Wedding Experience

From start to finish Caio and his team made the planning, prep and day of so simple and easy. We had a small wedding with under 80 people and Caio was able to fit us in for a Friday wedding.
    Planning was an easy step by step process. They laid everything out for us and we just needed to pick and choose what we wanted to go with and what else we'd bring for the day of the wedding. We had a few last minute requests and changes that they were able to accommodate and we really appreciated the help and understanding attitude.
    The long awaited day arrived, everything went about as smoothly as possible. Caio's team was able to smooth out even our own mistakes and made sure that everything was running smoothly and kept us up to date every time. Everything was a bit of a whirlwind but they are very understanding, and know that the couple just needs some alone time and a breather here and there. Everyone at Deity was very supportive.
    Appetizers were good. Food was good (we're going to have to go on the words of our guests because we didn't actually get to eat all that much but the few bites we had were delish). Drinks, outstanding.
    Time came around for the cake, dance, party and it went smoothly. DJ Ben played the right tunes to keep everyone moving and kept a couple of our requests in the list.

Our only complaints, if we could even call it that were that we chose to go with covering our guests drinks and how the cake was stored without giving any details. Drinks were flowing which was great for our guests, but we noticed because it wasn't a cash bar, they were ordering every time someone came around just because and we noticed there were a lot of drinks left unattended. Kind of bruised our wallets at the end of the night, but we swallowed it since everyone had such a great time. Second, cake was extremely hard to cut and we think maybe it was pulled out just before the cutting. We probably should have checked with the bakery to ask if it needed some time out or not.

All in all, amazing venue and even better team. We keep asking ourselves if we could do it all over would we go with Deity again; that's an easy yes. Can't go wrong with Deity.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Misrock · Married on 06/08/2019

An event space not just for weddings

I don’t usually write reviews and decided to write one for Deity because our experience there was truly fantastic! We had our son’s bar mitzvah there in June 2019 and I cannot say enough positive things about Caio and his team at Deity. It began in our planning phase when Caio spent hours with us going through the menu and the flow of the event. Throughout the entire planning process he was available to answer my questions and alleviate my concerns. He always responded to emails in a timely manner, which I really appreciated.

The space at Deity is divided into three floors which allowed the kids to have the ability to party downstairs with the DJ, playing games, dancing, taking pictures in the photo booth or having their caricatures drawn while the adults could socialize and have dinner upstairs, without hearing the emcee shouting into the microphone. Caio was a master at keeping things flowing throughout the night-bringing adults and kids together and apart as we all moved seamlessly from floor to floor, for the service, dinner, dancing, candle lighting, montage and dessert. The adults were able to join the kids downstairs when they wanted to and retreat to calm and quiet upstairs, as desired.

The food was delicious! Throughout the night our guests kept commenting about how good the food was and how lovely the folks at Deity were. We had a mixture of people with dietary restrictions and food allergies and Caio and his chef were very accommodating.

The last thing I want to say was how mindful Caio and his team were to make sure that kids left safely at the end of the night. His staff remained outside making sure kids were picked up by an adult.

I had some reservations, initially, about the space but at the end of the night I can only sing the praise of Caio, his staff and the space, itself! They truly helped to make a very special night into an unforgettable event that our family will cherish forever!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 06/02/2019

Deity made our wedding the day ever!!! Magical !!!!

First let me start off by saying how grateful Scott and I are to have had our wedding at Deity! I read review, after review, and I was very confident when we booked the day with you. I knew the wedding would be spectacular, but the way it was executed was beyond my dreams. I took a lot of time with all the DIY projects and Melissa + team made it especially special. No detail was over looked and it was put together better than I could ever have staged it myself,

The Suite! oh the Suite! of course the suite was amazing, but we loved how it also was the space for our families to congregate before the ceremony. All of the bridal party were pretty comfortable, and I felt like a queen. Although we wanted photos on the rooftop, fate had it that we were to enjoy the suite even more as a photo back drop, and we will cherish those moments now forever in the wedding photos.

The Ceremony space /Cocktail hour + The Dinner

That day was the day we became husband and wife and the sunlight and decorations all exuded the feeling we had! I/we loved EVERYTHING!!!! You guys KNOW what you are doing! It just was simply beautiful!!!! I LOVED how the center piece ideas all came together the hue of the wedding CAME TO LIFE! The food was so delicious! The chicken was tasty and the sirloin was tender! We ate at dinner and also later in the suite! There was so much food. We really felt regal!!!! Our families were having such a good time that, the speech portion got competitive in the most humorous way, but we appreciated how Melissa and Anna, just rolled with it! it was way more speeches than we expected too :).

Dance/ Party/ Announcement/and The MUSIC

The music WAS LIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Benha is the bomb.com... and we mean that ish!!! He read us as a couple and hit everything on the nail musically! Our entire wedding had such a good time on the dance floor. I could NOT stop dancing! Scott is not a huge dancer, but when he met me in our earlier days, and when ever there's good music, he knew to find me on the dance floor! Thank you Benha for making the music so good that I never wanted to sit down and my 70 year old daddy never wanted to leave (as he so claimed earlier)! We had the best time of our LIVES! I don't know when I will be able to dance like that again.

We also want to shot out Anna for bustling my DRESS! She did that within seconds and it looked way better than what the fitter told us to do! Talk about going the EXTRA mile....The extra mile, Anna did everything from bringing us kid friendly appetizers, and all the way down to drying our daughter Melanie's wet sneakers, and as well as standing in solidarity with me about NOT going to the rooftop after the rainfall, to avoid wetting my dress even though the videographer was VERY persistent. Those special touches made the day very special!

To our bartender Karl, we really appreciated the great drinks that were flowing, and also for making sure my baby nephew had his bottle filled with milk at any given moment!

Appreciation all around! I have to say Caio, this experience was more than just getting married in a beautiful venue. Your staff, made us feel like family at every turn and was there to attend to every single need. My nephew got pizza sauce on my veil and all I remember was both Anna and Karl, cleaning it within seconds with club soda! Your staff is impeccable and what you all do on a weekly basis is very special! You have the ability to make married couples feel that they are the kings and queens of their special day!

Forever grateful,
    Jade and Scott!!!!
    6-2-2019

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Deity Events 16
    Deity Events 17

Shira Berk · Married on 05/11/2019

Unparalleled greatnesss

Wow. This is amazing. Can’t thank you enough Shira. You absolutely rock!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2019, at 7:05 PM, Shira Berk wrote:

This is what I posted on Yelp
    You have no idea what you're in for if you decide to have an event at Deity. Perfection through and through and I am a total party snob and very critical. In fact, everyone I know, basically said this was the most incredible party they have been to for so many reasons.
    First, This wasn't a wedding but a Bar/Bat Mitzvah which is arguably a much harder event to pull off. The older people/parents are just not into what the kids are into. They want to talk with great food and good acoustics and excellent cocktails. Deity made all of this happen ten fold. BUT they also want to party albeit briefly, and that is something that's totally special about this space. You can separate the people you hate from the people you like, LOL. The kids were in heaven because they basically had their own party. Everyone has a family member that needs help, the stairs are daunting for some, but Ciao literally stood next to my 87 year old mom and made sure she could navigate without an issue. This is important so the host doesn't have to worry that someone is going to die
    Seriously, I met with Ciao and his team several times through the planning and he bent over backwards to meet my schedule and be there for all my questions. And I might add that even if you think you're being crazy with the questions, he has heard them all and stays chill and very positive which was needed for sure.
    The food is excellent and the service seriously top notch. I ran events like the after party at the Emmy's and this was as polished and great. I can't say enough great things. And it's totally beautiful. If you like things that are going to make an impression, That are not cookie cutter where many generations of friends will be comfortable, this is your place. I stand by it.
    This was a year of many parties for my kids and theirs stood out as unique, beautiful, delicious and very New York. Cheers to a great party.
    Seamless incredible staff. Amazing owner. Note the money spent also has to do with photos and extras that you can opt out of but the venue is well worth the price.

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Deity Events 27
    Deity Events 28

Kelcie Miles · Married on 01/18/2019

Truly the perfect venue!

We had our wedding at Deity on January 18, and cannot stop raving about our experience. Believe the hype - it's all true! Melissa worked hard as our coordinator, and she and her team made the entire evening flow seamlessly. They worked with us on some "non-traditional" touches - including separate entrances before our first dance. DJ BenHaMeen was so laid back in our conference call that we feared he wouldn't be able to "get" our vision for the music - but he truly went above and beyond to create the perfect party for our family and friends. He is cool and kindhearted, and he hit us with a remix of "Shallow" that I can't get out of my head. I would agree with previous reviews that if you want to have control of every element of your wedding regarding decor and menu, this may not be the space for you -- however, I was so grateful to be able to relax and let someone else handle those tiny details that ultimately didn't matter as much as having a great time with my wife and our loved ones. Would 100% recommend!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Deity Events 29
    Deity Events 30
    Deity Events 31
  • Shira

Shira · Married on 12/31/2018

The perfect happily ever after

Our experience with Deity was 5 stars. The owner Ciao was super responsive and worked with us on all our requests. The staff on the day of went above and beyond. I highly recommend booking the bridal suite as it is stunning and the perfect place to get ready and take some epic photos. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we were able to really relax and enjoy! I can't say enough amazing things about the delicious food, the unique and vintage decor and awesome DJ! It truly was the best day of our lives. I would highly recommend booking Deity for your next event!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Ashley Zazzarino · Married on 11/17/2018

Stop looking - choose Deity

We had our wedding here in November 2018 and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. Every single member of the Deity staff were a dream to work with. Caio really breaks everything down for you leading up to the day. Anna and Melissa took amazing care of us during the ceremony and reception. DJ BenHa kept the energy up during the reception and people had the best time. The food was spectacular and the layout was unique, spanning across three floors. I kept thinking I should've felt more stressed out over planning but because of Caio and his team at Deity, the months leading up to our wedding were smooth and stress-free.

The atmosphere at this venue is simply magical. If you have your wedding here, it will be one that you & your guests will never forget. It's such a unique and romantic space, with a splash of Brooklyn charm. We really didn't want a DIY wedding and Deity was the perfect solution to that as they have everything covered. Every single detail was thought out and my guests thought that was my doing but really, Deity was my secret. I can't imagine our wedding at any other location and that is solely because of the passion and commitment that Caio and his team dedicate to Deity.

Sent on 02/11/2019
    Deity Events 32

Lara Eshkenazi · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect bar Mitzvah at Deity

We hosted our son's bar mitzvah at Deity and we could not have been happier with how everything went. First of all, the space is so beautiful that we did not have to spend any money decorating it. It is very hard to find a full service venue these days where you don't have to rent everything that goes into the space- Deity has everything you could possibly want or need, and it is all included in the price, which makes planning so much easier. Second, the food is absolutely delicious (our guests all raved about it). Third, the staff is truly incredible. From beginning to end we did not have to stress about any of the details as they took care of everything. As someone with a more than full time job, I really appreciated not having to worry about planning every detail because the staff at Deity was so on top of it and guided us through the whole process. The staff could not have been more kind and professional in helping us deal with a medical emergency in the middle of our party. The staff made sure we got the medical assistance we needed for the guest while making sure the rest of our guests (and in particular the bar mitzvah boy) were still enjoying the party (the fact that Deity has several floors made that easier too as the guests could continue to have fun on one level while we were attending to the guest who needed help on the other level). It was a difficult situation and they could not have handled it better. I cannot recommend Deity highly enough.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Joseph

Joseph · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful Brooklyn Wedding

Like many engaged couples, we were worried and stressed about finding the right venue. We wanted a place that was not only beautiful, but also a place where the guests could enjoy themselves. We were so lucky to find the perfect venue at Deity. From the moment we saw the venue in person, we knew it was meant to be--and Caio and the extremely helpful team were the icing on the cake.

On the day of the planning meeting, Caio sits down with you and breaks down the entire evening so that you (and the team) know exactly what to expect and when to expect it--everything is down to a tee, but they know little things can change here and there, and are very flexible to accommodate them. The team is very responsive from day one; they are quick to answer any and all questions, and they are there ensure that the big night is flawless.

On the day of the wedding, everything ran smoothly; the day-of-coordinator was so sweet and understanding, and she always made sure we knew where we were in terms of schedule and made sure our bridal party and families were comfortable. As an aside, if you're bringing any outside vendors like we did for make-up, flowers, cake, and photography, have no fear as they work and coordinate with them so that everything and everyone is ready and set up well before the night begins.

The ceremony went off without a hitch--everything was well organized thanks to the day-of coordinator and the wonderful DJ (more on that later). The decorations were incredibly romantic and picturesque. It provided the perfect atmosphere for an intimate wedding. After the ceremony, the staff thankfully gave us time to relax and enjoy the delicious cocktail hour appetizers in the privacy of the bridal suite. All of the food is made in-house and they provide a wonderful selection of meats and vegetables, so that everyone can enjoy their meal. We have received so many compliments from guests saying that the food was amazing.

After dinner, the true party began. DJ Eno was PERFECT! He was funny, his music selections were on point, and he knew exactly what to do to bring out our shy friends and relatives to the dance floor. He even joined us on the dance floor, making it an even more memorable evening.

Ultimately, Deity was perfect because they really took care of everything. We didn't have to worry about finding caterers, renting chairs and tables, a DJ, or additional decorations. They worked with what we needed and were clear about what they could provide. We would definitely recommend for all couples looking to host a beautiful, intimate, and fun wedding to have it at Deity!

As an aside, we also recommend renting the upstairs bridal suite for the night! It is truly beautiful and it really helps to not have to travel to another hotel to rest after a long day.

Thank you Deity for making our big night possible! :)

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Deity Events 33
    Deity Events 34
    Deity Events 35
    Deity Events 36
    Deity Events 37
    Deity Events 38

David Lempert · Married on 09/15/2018

Great venue and a seamless wedding

Hello all. My wife and I had our wedding at Deity on 9/15/18. From the beginning, the venue was tremendously helpful in making our wedding planning very smooth and easy. We loved the venue immediately, and were impressed with the quality of the operations and the fact that so many aspects of the events could be handled in-house (wedding planning, food, drink, decoration, DJ).

We met with the venue a few times and planned everything out. I was confident the day itself would go smoothly, but it exceeded my expectations, particularly in terms of the quality of service and how seamless everything was. This allowed us to take in the event and not worry. The ceremony was beautiful (and we got food/drink right after it) the cocktail reception was fun and laid back, the dinner was classy and our guests loved the food, and the dance party was epic -- the DJ kept our friends dancing until the 12:30 end of the party.

We highly recommend Deity based on location, historical nature of the beautiful venue, quality of food and bar service, and the party. Book way in advance -- it fills up fast for all the reasons we listed!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Joan

Joan Kim · Married on 09/07/2018

A+++++++++

We had THE most amazing wedding in September 2018 and give Deity ALL the credit. We cannot rave enough about this place. Caio and his team exceeded our highest expectations and we have Z-E-R-O regrets.

From setting up our appointment to check out the venue, Haley and Caio were incredibly responsive and answered all of our questions thoughtfully & convincingly (and we had a lot of questions...). This was actually the only venue we checked out. We appreciated the all-inclusive concept and the fact that they were very transparent about their pricing. Is it the cheapest venue you'll find in the NYC area? No, but the quality of the experience (and therefore low stress level) makes the pricing totally worth every penny.

1. The service - Caio, Christian and Natalia were amazing. Their team is truly a well-oiled machine. The staff have been working with eachother and at the venue for years - this is very apparent (we've been to weddings where this is noticeably not the case aka they clearly don't care about the guests' experience). The Deity staff took care of us and our guests all night - our guests (including the bride's difficult-to-please mother) consistently commented that the staff was amazing, efficient and friendly. We were truly able to enjoy our own wedding.

2. The food - is amazing. Our guests consistently said it was some of the best wedding food they've had. They thought it was catered from a restaurant! You don't need to do the tasting (we didn't)...just order the NY Strip and Tuna - you won't regret it.

3. DJ Eno - honestly one of our biggest concerns was that we wouldn't be satisfied with the DJ Deity assigns us (and we'd be stuck with him/her). DJ Eno was the bomb. On our phone call, we had a hard time articulating what type of songs we wanted for the dance floor but he asked good questions and truly nailed it the night of. We had guests who didn't leave the dance floor the entire night! We would hire him again in a heartbeat.

4. The venue - we loved the unique look and it really embodies "Brooklyn." One thing we didn't initially love - the venue is separated by several floors and requires walking up and down flights of stairs (which we thought our guests would complain about). It ended up being a non-issue and people actually commented that they loved the flow of the entire night. One thing in particular we didn't like at first was that the dance floor is in the cellar, separate from the dining area (like most traditional weddings). However, this ended up being a HUGE hit. Our guests loved this unique feature and had a blast.

Separately, the venue's string lights and the candles they provide are more than enough decor so we didn't do any floral arrangements (which saved us thousands of dollars). We just got rose petals for the tabletops and aisle, but think we could've even done without.

5. They allow dogs - our beloved dog got to be part of our ceremony which made our day even more special

Sent on 12/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2018

Our wedding at Deity was a dream. From the gorgeous bridal suite, to the delicious food, the incredible DJ, the amazing staff, and the fun…everything was wonderful. We felt supported throughout the entire process both pre-wedding and day-of. We couldn’t believe how much was taken care of by the venue, and they certainly delivered.
    Every member of staff was attentive, kind, and went out of their way to make sure our day was as carefree as possible. I fully expected to experience intense stress levels throughout our entire wedding day, and kept saying how I wished I could attend my own wedding just to enjoy it! Well fortunately, everything functioned so smoothly that we were able to relish in every moment. The Deity staff are super professional, and seemed to have thought of it all. Since our wedding, guests have routinely approached us complimenting the food as the “best wedding food they’ve ever had,” gushing about the amazing DJ (we worked with Jamal), and praising the beautiful venue. We fell in love with the space at Deity immediately, and felt it offered the perfect Brooklyn charm we were looking for. We didn’t feel a need for extra DIY decorations, or major floral arrangements. The environment was clean, chic, and romantic as-is.
    We can’t say enough good things about the DJ, Jamal, who played the most on-point tracks for our crowd throughout the evening. I was astonished to see how many people remained at the end of the night, still partying and enjoying the dance floor.
    Food and drink service throughout the evening was wonderful. The entire staff was always on top of things, and never seemed to miss a beat.
    All in all we are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Deity, and can’t thank the team enough. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a perfect and turn-key wedding venue in NYC!

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing Wedding Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Deity in August 2018, and I could not recommend Deity enough. We visited only one other venue before seeing Deity, and when we visited, we knew it was the perfect place for our reception. Deity was gorgeous and unique, but also classy and intimate at the same time. We loved the multiple floors, as each provided a different feel throughout the different stages of the night.

Planning with Deity's team was a breeze. Having no wedding planner, my husband and I made our decisions our own, and were often helped by Caio, who had several helpful suggestions. Any questions we had were promptly responded to over email. It was very apparent that Caio and teh Deity staff truly cared about us as our couple and our enjoyment of our celebration.

The day of, the Deity staff made everything so wonderfully smooth. They made sure that my husband and I had time to enjoy each other and have some food (which was absolutely amazing) before joining our cocktail hour. Throughout the night, they made sure that we were happy, that our guests were happy, and that we stuck to our schedule. Guests absolutely loved the venue, and several raved about the food and the beautiful venue itself.

All in all, I could not recommend Deity or its staff more.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Humaira · Married on 08/05/2018

I really wished that I was a guest at my own wedding. On my wedding day, everything was streamlined and no one was bored. Every single one our guests talked about how beautiful the space was and how much they loved the food. The Deity team was so accessible for any and all questions, they are very upfront about costs, and they are extremely organized and professional. I couldn’t be happier with my wedding day because these guys made it so easy.

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Deity Events 39
    Deity Events 40
    Deity Events 41

Alexandra · Married on 08/04/2018

We had an amazing wedding at Deity! In particular, we were really impressed by the food, which is way better than we’ve had at “fancier” weddings that cost way more.

We also really loved the space and the layout, and the smooth way the staff handled the transitions from one part of the evening to the next. Every staff member we encountered was incredibly professional, thoughtful, and friendly.

A nice consequence of the layout, we found, is that the dinner and dancing portions of the evening are truly separate. That means that dinner is not rushed and your half-eaten plate is not taken away because you left for a dance. People who want a break from dancing (or old folks who want to chill) can relax in the lounge area. It’s just a really cool, unique set-up.

Another thing we loved about Deity is that they don’t try to gouge their clients. They offer an alternative to a truly open bar where you can basically prepay a certain amount, and then agree to cover any extra (with someone updating you as the night goes along, if necessary). To the guests it felt like an open bar, but relative to what a “true” open bar would have cost, it saved us several thousand dollars.

In short, our friends and family raved about our wedding, and we had an absolute blast, and Deity was a huge part of that.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Cherina · Married on 08/03/2018

Our wedding was perfect! It's been almost 2 months since we got married and people are still raving about the wedding. It was a truly magical experience and we couldn't have wanted more.
    Deity Brooklyn is simply gorgeous. The space was perfect for our vision of a DIY boho chic wedding. The warm brick walls, the lighting and the tree in the reception space set the tone of the day. We wanted something uniquely Brooklyn but within our price point. The loft where the wedding was held was decorated very nicely and provided the perfect backdrop for the DIY wedding arch made by my wife's family. After the ceremony, everyone went downstairs for the reception. The staff thought of everything. For about 15 minutes after the ceremony, they served us samples of the reception food and we had a private toast just for us.
    Dinner...WOW! The space was completely transformed for dinner. The tables, chairs, etc. all came with the venue and were high quality. Super pretty on their own and a perfect backdrop for our DIY centerpieces. The space was lit with candles and fairy lights. It was absolutely perfect.
    After dinner we went downstairs to the cellar for the best part. Dancing! The cellar had great acoustics. At first I worried that it would be took dark for photos, but I was wrong. There was a perfect amount of light and the set up of the cake and dessert table was great.
    The food provided by Deity's and their chef was amazing! We were able to choose from several dishes for the cocktail hour and dinner; and our friends and family are still talking about how good it was. The Deity staff was great with serving us as well as our guests. The family style dinner did not disappoint and everything was absolutely delicious.
    The planning process with Deity was smooth and they really know their stuff! We felt at ease and they talked us through making all of the decisions from food, to the DJ, to the drinks, everything! We highly recommend Deity, it was an amazing day!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Deity Events 42
    Deity Events 43

Priscilla · Married on 07/15/2018

I can't say enough about the Deity staff! First off, Caio, the owner, was awesome and totally put me at ease. I'd decided to DIY some decorations and a candy/dessert bar for my wedding, and I was so nervous about just how much stuff it all came out to be. He let me drop it all off the day before, but I was sure he was going to say it was way too much and it would be too complicated or something. Not at all! He helped unload the car and had such a positive, "can-do" attitude about it all, and kept telling me not to worry, that they would handle all of it. I was so, so grateful. As for the day of, my husband and I were treated like royalty! I'd forgotten my drink at the dinner table, and realized it as I was about to head downstairs. Caio heard me mentioning it, and by the time I'd gotten to the end of the stairs, another drink was already waiting for me. I also have to rave about our day coordinator, Anna. She was absolutely amazing. She saw when I was getting kind of overwhelmed and told everyone she needed the bride, and brought me into the bathroom, handed me some wipes, my chapstick that she somehow knew to ask my sister for, and some water, and just told me to take a minute to breathe. She kind of stood guard over me when I finally had a minute to sit down, right before the bouquet toss, to make sure I had a moment to relax. She even fixed my hair when it kept falling down, and offered me her scrunchie at the end of the night! Seriously, the Deity staff is absolutely phenomenal, and I couldn't recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2018

We are thrilled with our decision to have our wedding at Deity. When we first reached out for a quote, we thought that surely it was too good to be true — except that it was all true! From the beginning, the staff at Deity were quick and clear with their communication, completely transparent with their (very reasonable) pricing, and made our wedding planning process exponentially easier. I was pleasantly shocked by how much is included in their packages — a day-of-coordinator, catering, table linens and candle decor, and even a DJ. The space is unique and beautiful, with three floors that give each part of your event a different vibe. We had 108 guests at our wedding and had plenty of room, and could have comfortably fit more people. They also have an incredible bridal suite that I highly recommend renting to stay in overnight — it made our experience all the more special!
    On the day of our wedding, every detail was executed flawlessly. The food and wine were delicious, the staff made our guests feel welcome, and the DJ was so awesome that our guests didn’t want to stop dancing at the end of the night. Most of all, we never had to think twice about a single thing. We had many DIY decor items and personal details, and nothing was overlooked. Everything ran smoothly. We would barley mention a need and the staff would take care of it. It meant so much to know that we were in expert hands from beginning to end.
    Deity gave us the Brooklyn wedding of our dreams, and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Nikisha · Married on 06/29/2018

I didn't know where to start with this review because everything was so amazingly perfect at Deity! Guess I'll start at the beginning.

Shortly after our engagement we were stressed about finding a venue in NYC, affordable, and within the year. We stumbled upon Deity and it exceeded all of our expectations. From our first meeting we fell in love with the space and staff. Caio and Haley were responsive in helping us coordinate all of our needs for the big day. Anna and Christian, our day of coordinators, made everything run flawlessly. Honestly I'm not sure how they did it but whenever we needed them Anna and/or Christian were ready and waiting. The whole staff that night was just on top of everything and made sure our guest were never in need of anything! DJ Zeke was on point with his professionalism and music throughout the night.

I hadn't cried all day but when I walked in and saw the space transformed to everything I wanted it to be, I couldn't contain myself. From the ceremony on we received endless compliments from guests about the venue but the one that stood out the most was the food! When people go to weddings I think they don't expect the food to be good and definitely don't expect it to be great but at Deity it was GREAT and absolutely blew them away. I made sure to taste everything and I have to agree with my guests that it was the best food I had ever had at a wedding. From cocktail hour to dinner, everything we ate was delicious!

We are forever grateful for Deity and it's staff for making our wedding exactly what we wanted! They truly made our wedding a magical experience!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Vivian · Married on 06/22/2018

To say that having our wedding at Deity was absolutely amazing would be a total understatement. We basically just showed up and had a perfect time. Like, literally perfect. We can’t think of a single thing that we wish had gone differently—the set-up was seamless, the food was delicious, the music was everything, and the team was so, so caring and professional (especially with all of the little details we wouldn’t have thought about.) Overall we have zero regrets having our wedding here!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Sydney · Married on 06/09/2018

I got married at Deity this past June and everything went perfectly. Considering our wedding was LGBT, my now wife and I were firstly concerned with finding a venue that supported our marriage and treated us with respect throughout the entire process. That was our number one priority when selecting all vendors. Deity, the owner Caio, and all his staff succeeded in doing just that, from start to finish! Where to begin... I am pretty type A and a big "planner" so the weekend after I got engaged I started contacting wedding venues in NYC and Brooklyn (we lived in Flatbush Brooklyn at the time). After hearing back from 10 or so places about initial pricing, I noticed that Deity was BY FAR the most affordable. It's really a one-stop shop--the per person cost includes food, bar to a certain amount, service, DJ, dining ware, simple table decor including hurricane vases and votives, gratuity, and a day-of wedding planner. All you need to do is bring your officiant, buy cake/dessert, and extra decor or flowers if you want (but you don't really need it). It was our first pick for these many reasons so we scheduled a tour. Honestly, it was the first and only place we saw and we booked right away because #1 you can't beat this price and #2 the venue is beautiful and unique. Our wedding themes was Gatsby glam/speakeasy and the aesthetic went perfectly. We absolutely didn't want a large ballroom wedding, but something with more character. Deity actually used to be a club before it was a an event venue, and you can in a good way. The wedding happens on three floors--the space is narrow and deep. We chose to have our ceremony upstairs, then cocktail hour on the ground bar level. This was our favorite floor. Then the ceremony space is turned over into the dining room. Lastly, all of the guests are ushered into the basement for cake and dance party. Our guests can't stop raving about how it didn't feel like "a wedding" but more "an awesome party." Which is exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Deity Events 49
    Deity Events 50
    Deity Events 51

Kevin · Married on 04/27/2018

Amazing venue. Enough said. The staff was extremely helpful and catered to every need. There was not a single issue that popped up on our wedding day that the venue couldn't handle. The food was phenomenal (as per numerous guests), the DJ was also fantastic. This is a one stop shop for wedding bliss that completely removes stress from the equation. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/26/2018

My wife and I got married on 04/27/2018 and we had such a beautiful wedding all thanks to Caio and his wonderful team. We had researched and visited TONS of venues in search of the perfect venue to host our intimate style wedding to no avail. It wasn’t until we stepped into Deity that we knew instantly that this was where we wanted our wedding to be.
    The venue itself is very unique and the décor is absolutely beautiful. From the candle lighting to the beautifully lit indoor tree, which is in the cocktail area, the venue is just SOOO beautiful. Within the venue there are three separate floors, each one hosting a different part of your wedding, which gives your wedding a different feel. We didn’t want the usual catering hall wedding and seeing how each floor itself was distinct was a huge plus for us.
    From the very beginning things went smoothly starting with corresponding with Haley through e-mail who responded almost instantaneously and answered all of my many questions. We had our tour of the venue and food tasting with James who was excellent. James answered some of our lingering questions, explained things in depth and even offered some great input/ideas when we got stuck with making the right decision. When we met with the owner Caio to go over all the details for the wedding he put us at complete ease. Caio broke down everything for us from the pricing to the timeline of our wedding which left us with complete clarity with regards to everything. For our wedding I had a lot DIY décor with the bulk of that being the centerpieces. So a major concern for me was how in the world was I going to get everything to the venue in time??? Caio was so accommodating and allowed me to bring everything over beforehand avoiding any potential wedding day stress which I was extremely thankful for!!
    If I had to do it over again I wouldn’t have had our wedding anywhere other than Deity!!

Sent on 07/23/2018