92 Reviews for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering

Dessert (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
Parking (1)
91 Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Reviews

We are thrilled with our decision to have our wedding at Deity. When we first reached out for a quote, we thought that surely it was too good to be true — except that it was all true! From the beginning, the staff at Deity were quick and clear with their communication, completely transparent with their (very reasonable) pricing, and made our wedding planning process exponentially easier. I was pleasantly shocked by how much is included in their packages — a day-of-coordinator, catering, table linens and candle decor, and even a DJ. The space is unique and beautiful, with three floors that give each part of your event a different vibe. We had 108 guests at our wedding and had plenty of room, and could have comfortably fit more people. They also have an incredible bridal suite that I highly recommend renting to stay in overnight — it made our experience all the more special!
On the day of our wedding, every detail was executed flawlessly. The food and wine were delicious, the staff made our guests feel welcome, and the DJ was so awesome that our guests didn’t want to stop dancing at the end of the night. Most of all, we never had to think twice about a single thing. We had many DIY decor items and personal details, and nothing was overlooked. Everything ran smoothly. We would barley mention a need and the staff would take care of it. It meant so much to know that we were in expert hands from beginning to end.
Deity gave us the Brooklyn wedding of our dreams, and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I didn't know where to start with this review because everything was so amazingly perfect at Deity! Guess I'll start at the beginning.

Shortly after our engagement we were stressed about finding a venue in NYC, affordable, and within the year. We stumbled upon Deity and it exceeded all of our expectations. From our first meeting we fell in love with the space and staff. Caio and Haley were responsive in helping us coordinate all of our needs for the big day. Anna and Christian, our day of coordinators, made everything run flawlessly. Honestly I'm not sure how they did it but whenever we needed them Anna and/or Christian were ready and waiting. The whole staff that night was just on top of everything and made sure our guest were never in need of anything! DJ Zeke was on point with his professionalism and music throughout the night.

I hadn't cried all day but when I walked in and saw the space transformed to everything I wanted it to be, I couldn't contain myself. From the ceremony on we received endless compliments from guests about the venue but the one that stood out the most was the food! When people go to weddings I think they don't expect the food to be good and definitely don't expect it to be great but at Deity it was GREAT and absolutely blew them away. I made sure to taste everything and I have to agree with my guests that it was the best food I had ever had at a wedding. From cocktail hour to dinner, everything we ate was delicious!

We are forever grateful for Deity and it's staff for making our wedding exactly what we wanted! They truly made our wedding a magical experience!

Profile Picture Nikisha, 6/29/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

To say that having our wedding at Deity was absolutely amazing would be a total understatement. We basically just showed up and had a perfect time. Like, literally perfect. We can’t think of a single thing that we wish had gone differently—the set-up was seamless, the food was delicious, the music was everything, and the team was so, so caring and professional (especially with all of the little details we wouldn’t have thought about.) Overall we have zero regrets having our wedding here!

Profile Picture Vivian, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Deity this past June and everything went perfectly. Considering our wedding was LGBT, my now wife and I were firstly concerned with finding a venue that supported our marriage and treated us with respect throughout the entire process. That was our number one priority when selecting all vendors. Deity, the owner Caio, and all his staff succeeded in doing just that, from start to finish! Where to begin... I am pretty type A and a big "planner" so the weekend after I got engaged I started contacting wedding venues in NYC and Brooklyn (we lived in Flatbush Brooklyn at the time). After hearing back from 10 or so places about initial pricing, I noticed that Deity was BY FAR the most affordable. It's really a one-stop shop--the per person cost includes food, bar to a certain amount, service, DJ, dining ware, simple table decor including hurricane vases and votives, gratuity, and a day-of wedding planner. All you need to do is bring your officiant, buy cake/dessert, and extra decor or flowers if you want (but you don't really need it). It was our first pick for these many reasons so we scheduled a tour. Honestly, it was the first and only place we saw and we booked right away because #1 you can't beat this price and #2 the venue is beautiful and unique. Our wedding themes was Gatsby glam/speakeasy and the aesthetic went perfectly. We absolutely didn't want a large ballroom wedding, but something with more character. Deity actually used to be a club before it was a an event venue, and you can in a good way. The wedding happens on three floors--the space is narrow and deep. We chose to have our ceremony upstairs, then cocktail hour on the ground bar level. This was our favorite floor. Then the ceremony space is turned over into the dining room. Lastly, all of the guests are ushered into the basement for cake and dance party. Our guests can't stop raving about how it didn't feel like "a wedding" but more "an awesome party." Which is exactly what we wanted!

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing venue. Enough said. The staff was extremely helpful and catered to every need. There was not a single issue that popped up on our wedding day that the venue couldn't handle. The food was phenomenal (as per numerous guests), the DJ was also fantastic. This is a one stop shop for wedding bliss that completely removes stress from the equation. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/27/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My wife and I got married on 04/27/2018 and we had such a beautiful wedding all thanks to Caio and his wonderful team. We had researched and visited TONS of venues in search of the perfect venue to host our intimate style wedding to no avail. It wasn’t until we stepped into Deity that we knew instantly that this was where we wanted our wedding to be.
The venue itself is very unique and the décor is absolutely beautiful. From the candle lighting to the beautifully lit indoor tree, which is in the cocktail area, the venue is just SOOO beautiful. Within the venue there are three separate floors, each one hosting a different part of your wedding, which gives your wedding a different feel. We didn’t want the usual catering hall wedding and seeing how each floor itself was distinct was a huge plus for us.
From the very beginning things went smoothly starting with corresponding with Haley through e-mail who responded almost instantaneously and answered all of my many questions. We had our tour of the venue and food tasting with James who was excellent. James answered some of our lingering questions, explained things in depth and even offered some great input/ideas when we got stuck with making the right decision. When we met with the owner Caio to go over all the details for the wedding he put us at complete ease. Caio broke down everything for us from the pricing to the timeline of our wedding which left us with complete clarity with regards to everything. For our wedding I had a lot DIY décor with the bulk of that being the centerpieces. So a major concern for me was how in the world was I going to get everything to the venue in time??? Caio was so accommodating and allowed me to bring everything over beforehand avoiding any potential wedding day stress which I was extremely thankful for!!
If I had to do it over again I wouldn’t have had our wedding anywhere other than Deity!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Indoor

Deity was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding. The day itself was perfect and nothing went wrong. We were really looking for a venue that was different from any wedding we'd been to in the past and Deity was just that. The multiple levels of the venue may seem a bit confusing for guests but the Deity team transitioned the events of the wedding so seamlessly that it went off without a hitch. Their entire team is very courteous and professional. Our Bridal aid was with the Bride the entire day and made sure everything was taken care of for her, and helped to keep the groomsmen in line. The rest of the staff was fantastic and took care of all our guests and their needs. The owner himself was even there the day of and made sure my 98 year old grandmother was taken care of and where she needed to be when she needed to be there. Even she trusted him so much as to let him and James carry her in her wheel chair up and down the stairs. From the moment we signed the contract to the morning after we felt like we were in good hands and trusted Deity to go with all their preferred vendors and glad we did. Caio is completely honest and upfront about all costs, we had no surprises or fees that we didn't know about from the beginning. Highly recommend opting to rent the Apartment as a Bridal Suite, it is beautiful. We did not spend a lot on decorations or flowers and didn't need to. We decided to go with the simple elegance of the venue itself with it's brick finish, simple white lighting and candle displays. The food was excellent! If there was one thing I'd have to say bad I would say the chicken mole wasn't a big hit, but only because the short ribs are sooo good it just overshadowed that dish. I would recommend having your wedding at Deity to anyone, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Alexander, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ok so my husband and I were on a time crunch, a dual military couple and both working in law enforcement. Busy is barely enough to describe us.
THE STAFF
The staff at Deity is incredible. Caio, Haley and James were extremely warm, inviting and welcoming every time we communicated with them. Caio and Haley were sooo extremely responsive when I had a planning panic attack at any given time.
The wedding package they have is a steal and kept my husband my family and my coordination of all these different services to a minimum. All we had to worry about was flowers and showing up.
THE FOOD:
The food provided was DELICIOUS! Not your typical beef, chicken or fish menu, which we loved. We’re still receiving compliments on the catering. We were given the option of having a cash bar or a drink tab at the end of the night which made everything so simple for us. Our guests had a good time.
THE DECOR:
The decor is awesome. There’s no tacky purple up lighting. If you’re looking for it, this isn’t the venue to get married because that would wash out the beauty of the event space. There isn’t really anything much to add to the decor. All we did was add rose petals down the aisle and my mom made some altar pieces. The staff was willing to oblige with any little details I wanted to add and let my family and I drop everything additional off beforehand. I can’t begin to explain how gorgeous the pictures from our ceremony and reception are. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

THE MUSIC
We had DJ Trauma DJ at our event. He’s a great guy! Very amicable and easy to work with. There was never a dull moment with him as our DJ. He allowed people to request special songs and never got an attitude about anything. Thank you so much!!

OVERALL:
We’re still receiving compliments on our big day and Deity was a blessing to find for us from start to finish.

Profile Picture Pascal, 3/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

Like everybody who is about to get married I was nervous the day of my wedding. Mostly because I wanted everything to work out perfectly. You envision how you want the entire night to work out and hope it all just falls into place. Well my wife and I did not want an extremely formal event we just wanted everybody to relax and have a wonderful time. The great thing about Deity and the staff is that they are committed to making your wedding what you want. Whether formal, casual, or elegant the staff is there to make your special day exactly what you want. The staff Caio, James, and Haley are there to make you walk away after the night is over satisfied with your wedding. Many of my friends often told me that they did not necessarily enjoy their wedding because they were stressed and occupied with running around the entire evening. A few even said that they didn’t even have time to relax and eat. With my wedding that was not the case both my wife and I agreed that we had a blast during our wedding and I feel that it was the Deity staff that made this happen. Even months after the event, our friend, and family still say that our wedding was one of the best they ever attended. I think the highest form of satisfaction is recommending an establishment to family and friend. With Deity, I definitely recommend them for any event you are thinking about. Going forward both my wife and I intend to use Deity for any future event in our lives. Everything from the food to the DJ and ambiance was wonderful. The staff just puts everything together to make you wedding exactly how you hoped it would be.

Profile Picture JAVIER, 3/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin?? First off, huge huge HUGE thank you to Caio and his team at Deity. From the beginning of wedding planning until the very last second of the big day, they have assisted me in having a wedding that I could have never imagined, I would be able to have. Being a recent graduate, and newly enrolled graduate student, my budget was insanely low and I was more than worried that I wouldn't be able to afford a venue like Deity however, Caio was gracious enough to understand and accommodate my needs.

Deity was the venue that captured my heart for many years (prior to getting engaged). so the obvious thing to do right after my second half proposed was to contact Deity. As cliche as it may sound, I knew Deity was the one for me. The first time I stepped into Deity for a walk-through, my heart was full, and I felt like I was going to burst into tears. From the exposed brick walls, to the romantic lighting, and finally the ELEGANT bar, it was a venue that I could truly picture my wedding in. With all the beauty that Deity had to offer, we saved so much on wedding decor. What made everything even more simple is that Deity provides candles for the ceremony, and reception.

Fast forward to wedding day, everything was perfect. Despite rain, and me being sick, Caio and his team took care of my husband and I. During first looks, theres a moment that I will never forget. I was just so happy and in disbelief that my husband and I were going to see each other for the first time and I began crying, I could not pull myself together and that's when Caio immediately grabbed a tissue and wiped my tears away. As if he didn't do enough for me by accommodating my budget, he wiped my tears for me, and made sure I was calm enough to actually get through the first look. Moving on throughout the night, the team at Deity made sure my husband and I were well replenished, and having a good time.

All in all, I would 1000% recommend Deity to any and all brides & grooms.

Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - They displayed our decor & cake so perfectly.
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Our planting ceremony!
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Caio wiping my tears in the back LOL I wasn't kidding!
Profile Picture Simone, 2/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

My husband and I hosted our son’s Bar Mitzvah at Deity this past January 2018. From start to finish, working with Deity was truly an exceptional experience making for an incredible evening. Caio and his team are beyond well-organized, detail oriented, receptive, warm and friendly, and extremely accommodating.

Each of the three floors we utilized during the celebration provided a magical environment for our guests. The party had an amazing flow and energy throughout the entire evening. Caio and his staff were excellent at gently guiding our guests to each level according to our evening’s itinerary planned together in advance. The Deity staff was on top of every last detail and did a wonderful job of keeping us on schedule while also amending time lines as needed in response to our guests’ energy. Additionally, all of the food was excellent and far exceeded our expectations.

A huge thanks to Caio and the entire Deity staff for making our evening so incredibly special and fun for us all!

Profile Picture Lisa, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Indoor

I cannot say enough good things about Deity-- the venue itself, the incredible staff, the overall experience we had there was absolutely top notch. If you are looking to get married/have your reception in NYC, I would (and do) recommend Deity above all other venues.

My husband and I had a small wedding ceremony out of the country, and decided to hold our reception (approximately 140 people) at Deity, and we just feel so lucky to have found them. After planning our ceremony overseas, it was an absolute godsend to have Yulia and her staff at Deity take the lead in planning our reception in Brooklyn. I honestly don't know how we could have done it without them. A few months before our reception in November, we had a meeting at Deity with Yulia, and in one sitting she helped us create the entire order of events for the reception-- from our arrival at the venue, to the moment we would say our goodbyes to guests. Yulia and the owner, Caio, were even able to accommodate our very a-typical request to have a large family dinner in the upstairs dining room prior to the arrival of the rest of our guests for standing dinner on the main floor. We walked out of that meeting amazed at Yulia's efficiency and INCREDIBLY relieved to know that, save a few finishing touches, our reception was entirely ready to roll.

The day of our reception proved to be a huge success, with the Deity staff on top of every last detail. The venue itself was a HUGE hit with our guests. Many asked how we found the spot, and inquired about booking Deity for their own upcoming weddings and special events. The venue is a gorgeous 4-level building, complete with a floor for dancing, a bar/standing dinner floor with banquets, a dining room/ceremony floor with lovely hanging lights and exposed brick, and an *exquisite* top floor apartment that's optional to rent out for the evening. (Ran out of space-- review continued above!!)

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

(Continued from review below because I ran out of space!)
Each floor provided its own special energy for our guests, so the party remained alive and exciting for everyone throughout the entire evening. Our reception included a pre-party sitdown family dinner, hors d’oeurves and standing dinner for all guests, a reading of my husband and my vows, a slideshow (on Deity’s two awesome projector screens on the bar floor), group photos, tons of dancing, and a small gathering of the wedding party for an after party upstairs. Throughout it all, Yulia and her staff were excellent at gently guiding our guests into the venue’s different spaces according to our evening’s itinerary.

Last but not least, Diety’s resident DJ, Jamal (aka DJ Trauma), was AWESOME. I am *very* picky about music, and it was crucially important to me that our reception feature a great playlist comprised largely of 90s hip hop, Pop, and Motown, and Jamal absolutely killed it. Our guests were dancing ALL night, and even asked him for an encore after the last song. Jamal was so nice and easy to work with, and made our reception into the dance party of my dreams.

From soup to nuts, our wedding reception at Deity was everything we could have hoped for and more. Many of our guests told us afterwards that ours was the best wedding they’d ever been to, and I really have to concur, and it was thanks in LARGE part to the amazing staff at Deity. Not sure what else to say except book your wedding there. You will not regret it. :)

PS Tried uploading several more photos of the venue/our reception, but the Wedding Wire site is having issues and wouldn't let me:/

Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Upstairs Dining room/ceremony space
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Top floor apartment
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Upstair Dining room/ceremony space
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Main bar floor with gorgeous lit up tree in the center
Photos
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Downstairs on the dance floor
Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Staircase leading to dance floor
Profile Picture Nicole, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot thank Deity and the staff enough for everything. The night was amazing and the backdrop of Deity was the icing on the cake. Yulia is phenomenal and paid close attention to all the details even things I didn't know we needed or wanted. Job well done! Our guest raved about the drinks, the food and the ambiance. The DJ was professional and respected our musical request. Everything was perfect! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture tasha, 11/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Indoor

My new husband and I are still on cloud nine after our magical, wonderful, perfect wedding at Deity. Everything was amazing from start to finish. We rented the bridal suite on the top floor, and my bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law loved getting ready in the beautiful space and taking lots of amazing pictures in the suite and on the roof deck. The ceremony was absolutely lovely standing in front of the exposed brick and twinkly lights. Throughout the night, our guests couldn’t stop raving about the food and signature drinks. They loved the family style dinner and getting to taste all the delicious dishes. Glasses were never empty for long, and everyone had the best time.

We are especially appreciative of the staff. Caio was great to work with from the time of our first appointment, easy to reach by email and thoughtful in answering all of our questions. Yulia took care of everything the day of, from making sure all our DIY touches were arranged perfectly around the venue, taking care of a sick guest, arranging for my husband and I to have some quiet moments to ourselves, and doing a million more things behind the scenes to make sure the day ran smoothly. Anna took great care of me as well, from helping to touch up my hair and dress when needed to making sure I always had a glass of champagne on the dance floor! DJ Jamal was so great – he really listened to what we wanted and created the dance party of our dreams!

I would recommend Deity to any couple planning their wedding. We really couldn’t be happier – it was everything we could have wished for and more.

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews

11/17/17

My wedding at Deity was magical. The venue was beautiful and just unexplainably perfect. The wedding coordinator Yulia along with Anna did a fantastic job with coordinating or night and keeping everything in order. My cake delivery came earlier than expected and Yulia was able to find someone to fix the problem with no worries. I felt completely comfortable letting go and just live in the moment. Anna made me feel so beautiful always fixing my hair, veil, the grooms tie and my dress to make sure our presentation was nothing shy of perfect. We took pictures outside and Yulia waited across the street to make sure everything went well. The food was amazing and my family raved about it so Kuddos to the chef. I have never had such great customer service it was truly refreshing and I would recommend anyone to this venue for the royal treatment. - Solers

Photo for Deity Weddings, Event Planning, Catering Review - Dinner time
Profile Picture Ann-Alisa, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Picking a NYC venue was tough, especially because all our guests were out of towners and many were visiting the city for the first time. We wanted to give them an experience that reflected all that we love about our home in Brooklyn. Deity checked all the boxes - great character to the building, delicious food, and an awesome staff.

If you're reading this review you're probably judging so many details between budget and logistics and vibe, but really you got to have an amazing team supporting you first and foremost. Your wedding day is sort of a Jesus take the wheel sort of situation. I was anxious and not holding it together before the ceremony because I was so worried over last minute drop outs on top of other guests showing up early before anything was ready. The team at Deity took it in stride and guided me through the whole night. They were so good at listening and handling whatever came their way. Go meet them, you'll find they're great at what they do and bring a positive energy to the day.

Profile Picture Michiko, 10/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning

If we could, we'd rate more than 5 stars for the Deity! From the moment we first visited the venue, the staff could not have been more friendly, informative and accommodating, and after visiting a handful of other locations, we knew that the Deity was our top pick. Caio, James, Yulia and the whole Deity team, including Jamal, the house DJ, are not only some of the nicest people you could meet, but they are extremely professional, and we had complete trust in them to make sure our day was perfect. We live abroad, which is a bit of added pressure when planning a wedding, but the team was very responsive and efficient in answering any questions we had, even down to the smallest details, so we knew we were in great hands. The team is also very honest about costs, and it was really refreshing to know that they have your best interest in mind when discussing budgets, never pressuring you to overspend. We booked the full space for our wedding, including the suite, and we had an amazing day, with wonderful pictures to keep the memories (Thank you, Deity, for the photographer recommendation of Robert Carlo!). Our guests had an wonderful time celebrating with us and were extremely complementary of the venue, the food and the service, so we could not have been happier with our choice. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again to the Deity for helping to make our wedding day so fun and memorable! (*Flowers in pics are by Molly Oliver Flowers, who we also very highly recommend!)

Profile Picture Dayna, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

Diety events was a beautiful venue to host our wedding. They provided us with an amazing day of manager that listened to our desires as well as our concerns and help create a wedding that still leaves me speechless. She met with us about two months before the wedding to go through everything and had a positive/confident plan for our wedding day.

They made great recommendations as far as how to have the flow of the wedding go. The dj they chose played all the music we wanted new how to transition from the ceremony to the reception.

Food was great! We had a brunch menu with lobster rolls and chicken and waffles as starters.

Overall it was a positive experience i would recommend to anyone

Profile Picture Amber, 10/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My daughter wanted a Brooklyn, New York wedding. What is that? I have only one daughter so I have no prior experience with wedding production other than my own, many years ago. Initially my darling daughter bride was looking at raw spaces. This was a problem for me. I do not live near Brooklyn. Who would rent every fork, spoon and napkin? Each chair and candle? Handle the food and the music? So many pieces to this puzzle, I needed a place that could do it all and was within my budget. Religious overtones were not important to my couple but they were to me. So I used my internet avenue and found the perfect, magical “Brooklyn Wedding” spot - DEITY. A former house of worship, this space promised and delivered. Three floors provided spaces for drinks and appetizers, ceremony, sit-down dinner and club dancing; Expert personnel to guide us through the evening’s fairytale; Dramatic backdrops for regal photography. I absolutely recommend this wedding gem to host your special day. It was an enchanting evening, one we will always remember.

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We hosted our wedding at Deity this May 2017 and have nothing but compliments for the staff, venue, and overall experience. We chose a Saturday afternoon wedding to make it convenient for our guests. The planning process was very smooth with Yulia and Caio guiding us along the way – from setting the schedule and selecting the menu to arranging the DJ call, Deity was really supportive throughout the planning process and gave us friendly and helpful advice.

Here is what we liked the most about Deity (in no particular order).

1)Food was really great and plentiful, with fun family style service by table

2)Venue is beautiful and unique, while being very accessible to public transit – I loved the 3 floor design. The venue lighting and decorations meant that we didn’t have to worry about flowers/additional decorations

3)Extremely supportive and professional staff – Everything went so smooth such as arranging the ceremony entrances, keeping us on schedule, and directing guest flow. The staff was very friendly throughout and accommodating

4)Small touches to make the day so special – Throughout the day, Deity staff helped arrange some private moments between my husband and me which made my wedding even more special

5)Planning was extremely easy – Especially when I compared myself to friends who had to worry separately about coordinating many vendors (DJ, caterer, florist, wedding planner, fixture provider), Deity centralized all these components and made it very efficient. I think the amount of effort involved in planning was cut down by at least ~70-80%

6)Amazing value and great one price bundle (no additional hidden charges/fees)

I’d like to add that I don’t typically write reviews but felt compelled to since Deity is really deserving of all the praise that you’ve likely seen in other reviews. I honestly don’t know how my wedding could have turned out better and I now have so many wonderful memories

Profile Picture Joyce, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married at Deity and let me tell you... our wedding was nothing short of EXTRAORDINARY!! I honestly could not have pictured it to go any better than it did. I stumbled upon this venue through a random blog and I am so grateful that I did. As soon as we went to see the venue in person, we fell in LOVE. It was exactly the place we had in mind, literally, as if this place was made for our wedding. The fact that it was an all-inclusive package made it so easy to plan. Caio was beyond accommodating, extremely easy to work with, and his response rate was fantastic. We had our planning meeting 3 months before our wedding and we went over all the details, small and big. The day of our wedding, Anna was basically our right hand, all-around renaissance woman. She was AWESOME and completely took care of my husband and I throughout the entire night until we walked out the door. The food and drinks were delicious and plentiful! DJ Zeke really listened to our musical preferences and totally delivered!

Our family and friends kept telling us how beautiful and different this venue was (compared to other wedding venues) and most importantly, how amazing the staff was to our party. The entire staff went above and beyond - the customer service at Deity was exactly what you would want at your wedding.

I HIGHLY recommend getting married here. Planning a wedding involves so many moving parts and eventually becomes so stressful, but we never felt that way during our planning process (seriously). Caio provided us with a planning website with recommended vendors, which is where we found our photo/video guys and photo booth (Le Image!). If you're planning your wedding and looking for something a little different than the typical ballroom style venues, then you need to visit Deity. The ambiance inside is so beautiful and romantic, but also very intimate. It's the perfect setting for what will be one of the most special days of your lives!!

Profile Picture marie, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Services Used: Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Deity was FABULOUS to work with! Their staff was above and beyond accommodating, and did everything to make the evening gorgeous and perfect! The food and drinks were delicious. The venue is so charming and beautiful too! I could not recommend Deity more as a venue for a wedding or any event!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough words to express how perfect our wedding day was and so much of that is thanks to Deity and their amazing staff. Caio, Yulia and James were all wonderful and very professional and made planning our wedding so easy. Everything was perfectly planned out and from beginning to end, they were with us every step of the way. The price is very reasonable, especially compared to other Brooklyn venues and definitely worth every penny. The venue itself is spectacular and in our opinion needed little or no extra decorations which not only saved money but much stress too. The food was so delicious, so many of our guests still comment on how good it was. DJ Trauma was amazing and kept us dancing all night. We really can’t thank everyone enough for making our reception even better than what we could have imagined. You definitely won’t be disappointed with this place. There is not one thing we would change!! Many thanks again to everyone at Deity!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/14/17, 1 Review