Deity Events Reviews

Deity Events 5
  • Clea

Clea Alsip · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Exceeded Our Expectations at Every Turn

I am now nearly four weeks out from my wedding and I am still riding the post wedding high. Every part of our day went spectacularly, exceeding our expectations, and a HUGE part of that was because of this venue and all the staff that make the place run smoothly, professionally, and joyfully. I cannot tell you how many texts, emails, and voicemails we received afterwards telling us this was the best wedding they've ever been to. How fun it was. How the layout made it so cool and extra special. They loved that dancing was separate, making that portion a real party. And for the guests who don't really want to be out there dancing, they still felt like they were a part of it since the tables are right there in the action. It was a dream.
    Also, you will LOVE your experience at Deity as much as your guests did! A few more specifics about our day, as I know I read all these reviews in detail when deciding; we started the day in the Suite getting ready, which was such a beautiful landing space to have. It is GORGEOUS and just makes you feel luxurious and taken care of immediately. The staff were checking in all day or answering texts about tiny questions. And it was so nice to be whisked away up there at various points in the night for some connection time between you alone as a couple. I think this aspect is something that sets Deity completely apart. On the night of your event you are given TWO coordinators who are pretty much just there for you. They keep track of timing and where you two need to be at any point in the night and just allowed us to be more fully present in every moment, not worrying over "what time is it? is xyz happening?" At any moment I had a question or a thought, they were two steps ahead of me and I relaxed all the more, breathing a deep sigh of relief and gratitude. Beyond these two amazing coordinators, there's the whole rest of the staff, who are also so kind, considerate, and on top of every little thing. We had two people who were in a wheelchair or walker. This was something that caused us a lot of concern beforehand, but Caio assured us they knew exactly how to handle it and to not worry. And man were they right. With grace, poise, and open hearts, they maneuvered the wheelchair over various steps, aided with the chair lift, and went above and beyond when at the start of dancing, our wheelchair bound uncle couldn't get a cab as it was New Year's Eve, and the bartender himself walked them to the hotel! When we heard of this the next morning, we teared up. It was that level of kindness and consideration at every point, big and small, that sets this venue apart from all the rest.
    The food and drinks were plentiful and absolutely delicious (the salmon and short ribs are to die for) and kept us happy dancing into the night. Not to mention the GORGEOUS interior and design on every floor. I loved it from the first time I set eyes on the place, and every guest commented how cool, unique, fun, and well-done our wedding was. This was because of the team at Deity, not us. ; )

Deity Events 6
    Deity Events 13
    Sent on 01/25/2020

John Tsuei · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Amazing Wedding Experience

We can't thank Deity enough for helping us pull off an amazing wedding. Deity was perfect for us since they account for every single detail and include almost everything within their package. We didn’t have a wedding planner yet Caio and his team made sure nothing was left out. They provided amazing service, a beautiful venue and delicious food. It was truly an all-in-one service that made our lives sooooo much easier.

Chef Kary’s food was delicious. Our guests not only raved about the hors d'oeuvres (some of the best ever according to multiple people) but were also wowed by our family-style dinner. We loved the urban/industrial vibe of the venue and only had to add a few more personal touches from ourselves to make it look great. DJ BenHa, despite some miscommunication with regards to some special requests, played a song list that had the crowd rocking all night (he was able to understand the style of music we wanted after only a few minute on the phone). Most importantly, Melissa was instrumental in helping us plan and organize everything leading up to the wedding and made us feel at ease. She answered all of our questions, no matter how specific they were, and helped us troubleshoot a few problems we had. Her (and Anna’s) help day-of made the wedding go off smoothly without us feeling any anxiety at all. They were always calm and collected and made sure that we had some private couple time together even during the craziness of everything.

We would recommend Deity to anyone who is looking to have a wedding in NYC. The price is very reasonable and the ease of mind you get from working with a great all-in-one venue is seriously underrated. We love everyone we worked with at Deity!

Deity Events 14
    Deity Events 15
    Deity Events 16
    Deity Events 17
    Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren M · Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful venue!

Our wedding was at Deity on November 23, 2019. We LOVED the venue and highly recommend it.
    Caio (the owner) was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. He was always very quick to respond to our questions. He is an expert in all-things wedding planning and hep paved the way for us to have an unforgettable experience. Making a perfect seating chart was one of our hardest tasks – Caio’s suggestions and floorplans along the way were invaluable.
    Melissa and Ana led the show on the night of our wedding. Ana was my personal attendant and kept bringing me water or whatever I asked for. Both Ana and Melissa were very attentive and even anticipated all my needs in advance! Ana even bustled my dress! Melissa and Ana certainly are experts in making weddings go smoothly! At the end of the evening, they gathered all our belongings, so it was easy to grab everything together when leaving.
    Our planning meeting in advance was with Melissa. We had some homework both before and after to figure out all the details. Whatever we wanted— Deity made it happen. We did our tasting the same night as the planning meeting. The food at the tasting was excellent—I’m glad I enjoyed it since I didn’t eat a lot on the wedding night! It’s definitely worth doing the tasting to compare options.
    Food quality was very important for us and we were very happy with how everything turned out. For the hor d’oerves, we selected: lemongrass shrimp, salmon poke, beef tenderloin toast, spanakopita, crab cakes and bruschetta. For dinner, we selected: mozzarella salad, green beans, orzo pilaf, NY strip and seared tuna. (We paid a bit extra per guest for two premium entrees.) All the hor d’oerves were delicious! My favorites were the beef tenderloin toast and spanakopita. (In the tasting, we tried the sliders, but preferred the toast) The salmon poke was notably delicious! For the salads, we also tried the beets during our tasting– both salad options would have been great. As for entrees, the NY Strip with the mushrooms was delicious! It was my favorite, but my husband loved the seared tuna even more. My parents had been a bit worried about tuna before the wedding, since they thought some guests might want fish more thoroughly cooked,. We had been on the fence and considered picking salmon instead, but the tuna turned out great and everyone loved it! In terms of quantity, there was plenty of food. Deity coordinated vegetarian and kosher meals for us and had backup vegetarian options on hand.
    The space at Deity is beautiful. The Loft (for room the ceremony and then dinner) —with the exposed brick, lights, and candles—is just stunning. (Having candles as centerpieces means costs savings, not spending as much on flowers for tables.) It was the perfect urban chic look we wanted. The Lounge (main floor for guests upon arrival and cocktail hour) has beautiful stained-glass windows, is soundproof, and is just a beautiful room. Our guest count was 150. It felt a little crowded, but not terribly. We originally expected a guest count of 120, which is more ideal for the space.
    The open concept of having the party flow between floors works well. The staff brought people up and down seamlessly. There was coat check, so not much worry over leaving coats or bags at seats. Some of our older guests left after dinner, though, rather than dancing in the cellar, since by then it was late and, without a seat at a table, they felt it was okay to head out. This was fine with us and didn’t deter from the party happening downstairs!

We had a string quartet for the ceremony, which was great. At the cocktail hour we had so many people that they were a bit drowned out—if you try this, maybe arrange for microphones. Then Ben was the DJ for dancing. He did a great job playing the Hora music we picked out, and everyone loved dancing through the night...the dance floor and cellar space were intimate and perfect for us! We picked out our own dessert from a local bakery, and Deity served it during the dance party, which was also managed seamlessly.
    We were thrilled with our wedding at Deity!!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Solei

Solei Phim · Married on 11/15/2019

Magically Perfect!

So many things to say about Deity.

Deity helped with solidifying our dream wedding. My husband and I are both Brooklynites and this venue could not have depicted Brooklyn and it's evolution any better. After we read the reviews and watched some of the party videos, we felt compelled to see the venue for ourselves. At our arrival, it seemed as if the choice was already unquestionable. The venue is eloquently designed with exposed brick walls and a centered lit tree highlighting its natural beauty. The intricate lights and candles gave off a romantic, whimsical feeling. Each floor brought a new, pleasant feeling of discovery. The top floor suite was definitely worth it. My bridal party and I were able to get ready as peacefully as can be. The suite can accommodate an entire party as well as the hair and makeup team comfortably. The rooftop is a great place for couples to do their first look. It was private, intimate and offered an amazing view of Brooklyn's skyline. Caio and his team made the planning process easy and almost effortless. He promptly responded to our endless questions without hesitation. The entire team of coordinators were EXTREMELY helpful! They helped manage our wedding jitters and made the decor and blend of traditional/cultural customs come to life. Til this day, our guests continue to give us compliments about the music, food and great time they had.

DEITY is highly recommended.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Catherine

Catherine Giametta · Married on 11/09/2019

Five Star Experience

I probably read every single review on here before booking ( I wanted a perfect venue) and now know first hand what the hype is all about! This is a legit five star vendor!!!!
    We hired Deity in part for its unique beautiful lay out that would create an insane party and also because we felt we would be in amazing hands with Caio and his staff. Service is one of the most important things to us in a vendor. Let me tell you- Caio and his team are second to none ( shout out to Anna and Melissa—omg you two!!!). Their ability to fine tune all the details and anticipate the needs of you and your guests is hands down incredible. I was sewed into my dress when it ripped I think by Anna, never went without a drink and my guests were well taken care of as well. Every request from specific wine choices for our mothers to creating a pasta bar at cocktail hour were all successfully accomplished. Our guests commented how they never had to wait for a drink - score! Caio carried my 95 year old grandfather up and down stairs and made him feel like a million bucks. List goes on and on.. I highly recommend renting out the suite if you can- it was like a sanctuary to get ready in with my closest friends, sister and mom. It’s stunning and serene and I didn’t have to worry about going anywhere since we were utilizing the entire building!
    After almost a year of planning (I went all out and did a valet service, limo shuttles to hotels, donut vendor, hypster photo booth, etc) Caio said leave it in my hands we got this!!!! And you know what.. he did. In every way shape and form.
    If you want a unique and vintage vibe in Brooklyn that’s NOT the cookie cutter ballroom my husband and I couldn’t recommend this venue more. We will never forget our magical night and the magicians who helped pull it off. Thank you for one of the best nights of our lives Caio. - Catherine & Adam

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/26/2019

For a venue relationship that is more of a partnership, look no further

My now husband and I settled on Deity for a few reasons: 1) they are a multi-floor, all-in-one ceremony/reception venue, 2) they are far more laid back and untraditional than other venues, and 3) we clicked with the staff immediately. When we booked them, I warned them that although I was a fairly non-traditional bride, I am also a seriously nitpicky planner. At no time did anyone at Deity make me feel rushed, unprepared, or like some kind of bother during the planning process. Melissa was there to answer every single ridiculous planning question I had and worked so closely with us to make sure the details of our day were on pointe despite many last minute changes and issues. Before the wedding, owner Caio took the time to meet and speak with me regarding the finalization of all our details and really made us feel like the lines of communication were perpetually open with Deity. We expressed some concerns about small things and he listened carefully and thoughtfully executed changes on our behalf that helped us have what was a truly perfect day. On the day of, Melissa and Anna helped curb all of our anxieties and guide us and our guests through the day seamlessly. When I say these guys will put in work for you, they will truly put in WORK. They are undeniably professional, kind, and so excellent at diffusing any issues without causing panic to the bride and groom. The food was great, service by all staff was top notch, and the decor in Deity can't be beat. I highly recommend using their bridal suite for getting ready and staying the night- it was amazing to not have to trek to a second location after we were so tired! The suite truly can't be described and pictures don't do it justice- you have to see it. Deity also provides a portal with an abundance of vendor recommendations once you book, and this is how we found our incredible photographer, as well. All in all, Deity is a 10/10 venue in a 2/10 wedding world and we are so blessed to have their incredible space, staff, and energy as the backdrop to our special day. They have truly become a sort of family to us.

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Peacock Shawyer · Married on 09/19/2019

Deity for a Wedding? Yes PLEASE! :)

Our friends hosted their wedding at Deity this last weekend and if I had one word to sum up the experience, I would say it was magical!

The venue itself is absolutely stunning and beautifully unique! There are multiple levels that can host an array of different settings and vibes, which I loved! We started our day on the fourth level in the bridal suite, which was spacious enough for 14 of us to get ready. We then moved on to the fifth level, which is a beautiful rooftop terrace for photos. Moving on to the third floor, we attended the wedding ceremony in a room that had been beautifully decorated to suit the tastes of the bride and groom. This room was flipped over for dinner as we had cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres on the second level bar area, which was adorned with soft lighting and an intimate seating area. Finally, we moved downstairs to the first level, which was a room with beautiful art deco ceilings, to dance the night away for the reception.

Although the venue itself was a gem, what impressed me the most was the staff and service. The food was absolutely delicious, but more than that, they seemed to think of every single detail to make it an unforgettable experience. The owners were personally involved in the process from beginning to end, which made me feel confident in knowing someone had such a personal investment in the event. I’d highly recommend Deity for a wedding or other special social or corporate event.

Deity Events 18
    Sent on 09/25/2019

Alison Hardy · Married on 09/14/2019

What an incredible experience every step of the way!

After we got engaged, we knew that finding a venue would be the first thing we needed to do. The venue really helps set the tone of how the event will come together. The owner of Deity, Caio, actually called us personally to follow up on our intake form. This simple act of such dedication and sincerity for his business was a refreshing surprise! We promptly set up time to tour the venue, which Caio promised to show us personally.

It was during that tour that the deal was really solidified. My now husband and I feel strongly about personal connections, and we felt that immediately with Caio. He had such a warm personality. We knew that we could trust him, and that this event would be taken personally as a reflection of his promise. It really made picking Deity a no brainer and we quickly locked in a date, and we are SO GLAD that we did.

Everything, at every step and turn was truly amazing. I emailed Deity countless times with big and small questions. I am a huge planner, and needed to have every single detail sorted out, and the Deity staff was essentially my wedding planning co-team, it was an incredible partnership! They were more than helpful every step of the way, and even added additional advice whenever they could. When you’re spending so much money, its difficult to feel at ease, or like you can really trust the process, but we really felt that way with Deity from the time we met Ciao, and especially on our wedding day.

And this is all in the lead up to the event! The day-of was so smooth it was almost hard to believe that everything went off so incredibly seamlessly. The entire staff knew exactly what to do, when to do it, and how to handle every single aspect of our special day. We had a timeline to keep to, and they kept everyone on time without us feeling rushed or stressed. Whenever we needed something, or had a question that day, one of our 2 attendees were there to help, making it is so we could really just focus on the day, and the moment.

There is so much more that we could say, from helping us take special moments for ourselves, to the food and the incredible service, we could keep going on and on!! Truly, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for making the day everything we could have imagined, and even more!!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Hanna Patterson · Married on 06/14/2019

Wonderful Wedding Experience

From start to finish Caio and his team made the planning, prep and day of so simple and easy. We had a small wedding with under 80 people and Caio was able to fit us in for a Friday wedding.
    Planning was an easy step by step process. They laid everything out for us and we just needed to pick and choose what we wanted to go with and what else we'd bring for the day of the wedding. We had a few last minute requests and changes that they were able to accommodate and we really appreciated the help and understanding attitude.
    The long awaited day arrived, everything went about as smoothly as possible. Caio's team was able to smooth out even our own mistakes and made sure that everything was running smoothly and kept us up to date every time. Everything was a bit of a whirlwind but they are very understanding, and know that the couple just needs some alone time and a breather here and there. Everyone at Deity was very supportive.
    Appetizers were good. Food was good (we're going to have to go on the words of our guests because we didn't actually get to eat all that much but the few bites we had were delish). Drinks, outstanding.
    Time came around for the cake, dance, party and it went smoothly. DJ Ben played the right tunes to keep everyone moving and kept a couple of our requests in the list.

Our only complaints, if we could even call it that were that we chose to go with covering our guests drinks and how the cake was stored without giving any details. Drinks were flowing which was great for our guests, but we noticed because it wasn't a cash bar, they were ordering every time someone came around just because and we noticed there were a lot of drinks left unattended. Kind of bruised our wallets at the end of the night, but we swallowed it since everyone had such a great time. Second, cake was extremely hard to cut and we think maybe it was pulled out just before the cutting. We probably should have checked with the bakery to ask if it needed some time out or not.

All in all, amazing venue and even better team. We keep asking ourselves if we could do it all over would we go with Deity again; that's an easy yes. Can't go wrong with Deity.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Misrock · Married on 06/08/2019

An event space not just for weddings

I don’t usually write reviews and decided to write one for Deity because our experience there was truly fantastic! We had our son’s bar mitzvah there in June 2019 and I cannot say enough positive things about Caio and his team at Deity. It began in our planning phase when Caio spent hours with us going through the menu and the flow of the event. Throughout the entire planning process he was available to answer my questions and alleviate my concerns. He always responded to emails in a timely manner, which I really appreciated.

The space at Deity is divided into three floors which allowed the kids to have the ability to party downstairs with the DJ, playing games, dancing, taking pictures in the photo booth or having their caricatures drawn while the adults could socialize and have dinner upstairs, without hearing the emcee shouting into the microphone. Caio was a master at keeping things flowing throughout the night-bringing adults and kids together and apart as we all moved seamlessly from floor to floor, for the service, dinner, dancing, candle lighting, montage and dessert. The adults were able to join the kids downstairs when they wanted to and retreat to calm and quiet upstairs, as desired.

The food was delicious! Throughout the night our guests kept commenting about how good the food was and how lovely the folks at Deity were. We had a mixture of people with dietary restrictions and food allergies and Caio and his chef were very accommodating.

The last thing I want to say was how mindful Caio and his team were to make sure that kids left safely at the end of the night. His staff remained outside making sure kids were picked up by an adult.

I had some reservations, initially, about the space but at the end of the night I can only sing the praise of Caio, his staff and the space, itself! They truly helped to make a very special night into an unforgettable event that our family will cherish forever!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 06/02/2019

Deity made our wedding the day ever!!! Magical !!!!

First let me start off by saying how grateful Scott and I are to have had our wedding at Deity! I read review, after review, and I was very confident when we booked the day with you. I knew the wedding would be spectacular, but the way it was executed was beyond my dreams. I took a lot of time with all the DIY projects and Melissa + team made it especially special. No detail was over looked and it was put together better than I could ever have staged it myself,

The Suite! oh the Suite! of course the suite was amazing, but we loved how it also was the space for our families to congregate before the ceremony. All of the bridal party were pretty comfortable, and I felt like a queen. Although we wanted photos on the rooftop, fate had it that we were to enjoy the suite even more as a photo back drop, and we will cherish those moments now forever in the wedding photos.

The Ceremony space /Cocktail hour + The Dinner

That day was the day we became husband and wife and the sunlight and decorations all exuded the feeling we had! I/we loved EVERYTHING!!!! You guys KNOW what you are doing! It just was simply beautiful!!!! I LOVED how the center piece ideas all came together the hue of the wedding CAME TO LIFE! The food was so delicious! The chicken was tasty and the sirloin was tender! We ate at dinner and also later in the suite! There was so much food. We really felt regal!!!! Our families were having such a good time that, the speech portion got competitive in the most humorous way, but we appreciated how Melissa and Anna, just rolled with it! it was way more speeches than we expected too :).

Dance/ Party/ Announcement/and The MUSIC

The music WAS LIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Benha is the bomb.com... and we mean that ish!!! He read us as a couple and hit everything on the nail musically! Our entire wedding had such a good time on the dance floor. I could NOT stop dancing! Scott is not a huge dancer, but when he met me in our earlier days, and when ever there's good music, he knew to find me on the dance floor! Thank you Benha for making the music so good that I never wanted to sit down and my 70 year old daddy never wanted to leave (as he so claimed earlier)! We had the best time of our LIVES! I don't know when I will be able to dance like that again.

We also want to shot out Anna for bustling my DRESS! She did that within seconds and it looked way better than what the fitter told us to do! Talk about going the EXTRA mile....The extra mile, Anna did everything from bringing us kid friendly appetizers, and all the way down to drying our daughter Melanie's wet sneakers, and as well as standing in solidarity with me about NOT going to the rooftop after the rainfall, to avoid wetting my dress even though the videographer was VERY persistent. Those special touches made the day very special!

To our bartender Karl, we really appreciated the great drinks that were flowing, and also for making sure my baby nephew had his bottle filled with milk at any given moment!

Appreciation all around! I have to say Caio, this experience was more than just getting married in a beautiful venue. Your staff, made us feel like family at every turn and was there to attend to every single need. My nephew got pizza sauce on my veil and all I remember was both Anna and Karl, cleaning it within seconds with club soda! Your staff is impeccable and what you all do on a weekly basis is very special! You have the ability to make married couples feel that they are the kings and queens of their special day!

Forever grateful,
    Jade and Scott!!!!
    6-2-2019

Deity Events 19
    Deity Events 20
    Sent on 06/17/2019

Shira Berk · Married on 05/11/2019

Unparalleled greatnesss

Wow. This is amazing. Can’t thank you enough Shira. You absolutely rock!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 28, 2019, at 7:05 PM, Shira Berk wrote:

This is what I posted on Yelp
    You have no idea what you're in for if you decide to have an event at Deity. Perfection through and through and I am a total party snob and very critical. In fact, everyone I know, basically said this was the most incredible party they have been to for so many reasons.
    First, This wasn't a wedding but a Bar/Bat Mitzvah which is arguably a much harder event to pull off. The older people/parents are just not into what the kids are into. They want to talk with great food and good acoustics and excellent cocktails. Deity made all of this happen ten fold. BUT they also want to party albeit briefly, and that is something that's totally special about this space. You can separate the people you hate from the people you like, LOL. The kids were in heaven because they basically had their own party. Everyone has a family member that needs help, the stairs are daunting for some, but Ciao literally stood next to my 87 year old mom and made sure she could navigate without an issue. This is important so the host doesn't have to worry that someone is going to die
    Seriously, I met with Ciao and his team several times through the planning and he bent over backwards to meet my schedule and be there for all my questions. And I might add that even if you think you're being crazy with the questions, he has heard them all and stays chill and very positive which was needed for sure.
    The food is excellent and the service seriously top notch. I ran events like the after party at the Emmy's and this was as polished and great. I can't say enough great things. And it's totally beautiful. If you like things that are going to make an impression, That are not cookie cutter where many generations of friends will be comfortable, this is your place. I stand by it.
    This was a year of many parties for my kids and theirs stood out as unique, beautiful, delicious and very New York. Cheers to a great party.
    Seamless incredible staff. Amazing owner. Note the money spent also has to do with photos and extras that you can opt out of but the venue is well worth the price.

Deity Events 21
    Deity Events 31
    Sent on 06/29/2019

Kelcie Miles · Married on 01/18/2019

Truly the perfect venue!

We had our wedding at Deity on January 18, and cannot stop raving about our experience. Believe the hype - it's all true! Melissa worked hard as our coordinator, and she and her team made the entire evening flow seamlessly. They worked with us on some "non-traditional" touches - including separate entrances before our first dance. DJ BenHaMeen was so laid back in our conference call that we feared he wouldn't be able to "get" our vision for the music - but he truly went above and beyond to create the perfect party for our family and friends. He is cool and kindhearted, and he hit us with a remix of "Shallow" that I can't get out of my head. I would agree with previous reviews that if you want to have control of every element of your wedding regarding decor and menu, this may not be the space for you -- however, I was so grateful to be able to relax and let someone else handle those tiny details that ultimately didn't matter as much as having a great time with my wife and our loved ones. Would 100% recommend!

Deity Events 32
    Deity Events 33
    Deity Events 34
    Sent on 02/11/2019

Mitchell Randolph · Married on 01/06/2019

Best Day Ever!!!

I can't even begin to explain how pleased my wife and I are with Deity. On 6-1-19 we were wed at Deity. I wish there was a word to fully explain our feelings toward Deity. So I guess I will have to settle and use the word PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! Thank You to Caio, KiKi, Melissa , Anna and everyone else involved. You guys can't imagine how special/exceptional(I'm still trying to find the words) you made our day. We nor our family and friends have stopped talking about it. From beginning to end it was the best ever. Might I add that everyone was blown away by how beautiful the venue was. Not to mention the fluidity of it all. you guys made it look effortless. To this day we are still flabbergasted with it all. Like most people, we were nervous because after all THIS IS THE DAY!!!! I guess Caio picked up on this because I distinctly remember him saying " This is what we do, and you won't be disappointed " So with that said........ you were 300% right on point. What was most important to me as I had expressed to you was that my wife have the best day of her life. And that she doesn't have to lift a finger for it to happen. WOW!!!! You guys delivered in spades.My highlight of the day came when we retired t the bridal suite for the night and I asked my wife of a few hours " how do you feel?" She said I feel FULL!!!! What more can a husband ask for? Truthfully, I might have written a review once or twice in my life but there is no way I wasn't gonna tell the world how special Deity is. With that said we want to thank Deity from the bottom of our hearts for an absolutely, beautiful, wonderful, and perfect day.
    Mitchell and Zakia

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Shira

Shira · Married on 12/31/2018

The perfect happily ever after

Our experience with Deity was 5 stars. The owner Ciao was super responsive and worked with us on all our requests. The staff on the day of went above and beyond. I highly recommend booking the bridal suite as it is stunning and the perfect place to get ready and take some epic photos. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we were able to really relax and enjoy! I can't say enough amazing things about the delicious food, the unique and vintage decor and awesome DJ! It truly was the best day of our lives. I would highly recommend booking Deity for your next event!

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 11/17/2018

Best. Day. Ever.

Hi everyone! My wife and I got married in October 2018 at Deity, and to be perfectly honest, it was a DREAM COME TRUE. We were initially drawn to the venue by its unique features and the fact that it didn't have that traditional wedding venue vibe, but more of a rustic/contemporary feel in a more intimate setting. It was the first venue we saw in person and we booked it right away. We loved the fact that the prices were available and all-inclusive right up front. Caio was very responsive with any questions/concerns we brought up. We had a planning a month prior to our wedding with Caio and Melissa, who would be our coordinator for the big day, and mapped out the entire day of our wedding.
    Looking back on our actual wedding day, it was spectacular and we truly have Deity to thank for that. The staff of Deity were so on point and made sure my wife and I had everything we could ever need or want. Melissa had everything down to a T and worked endlessly with the rest of the staff to keep the day running as smoothly as possible. They did not forget the little things we spoke about during our planning meeting and while they definitely attended to the needs of our guests, they truly made the day about us, which we appreciated beyond measure.
    The venue consists of three main floors but it's really five if you count the bridal suite and the rooftop. The roof is where we did our first look and our bridal party photos which came out beautifully and has that city wedding backdrop.
    We booked the bridal suite both for before the wedding and for the night of, which we definitely recommend if you can. The suite itself is gorgeous, spacious and fully functional for getting ready. It even had a partition so that my wife and I could get ready with our bridal parties and not see each other. We each had six bridesmaids, our mothers, MUA and hair stylists with us too just to give you an idea of how big the space truly is. There's multiple bathrooms, a fully functional kitchen, multiple beds and seating. They gave us full reign of the suite and even keys for our overnight stay incase we wanted to go to an after party.
    Now. Let. Me. Tell. You. About. The. Food. DELICIOUS! They have a variety of cuisine and plenty of options to choose from. We did a tasting before hand, but honestly you don't even have to because EVERYTHING is so good. They take into account special dietary preferences and that's also part of the planning meeting which is pretty cool. We went with a family style dinner which our guests to this day still talk about. The passed food and stationary platters during cocktail hour were a big hit as well. Deity made sure we had our own spread of cocktail food and our own dinner spread. Now about the drinks- we went with specialty cocktails in addition to a fully functioning bar. Again, a big hit with our guests (especially their moscow mules).
    We used some vendors they recommended on their website including Le Image photography, Opalia flowers and our officiant Rev. Samora. We highly recommend them all, especially because they work so often with the venue which makes their role in the big day seamless. Planning a wedding and choosing where to have it is a big decision, but choosing Deity was the best decision we could have made and would be our same choice if we had to do it all over again. We cannot thank them enough for their HUGE part in the best day of our lives!

Deity Events 35
    Deity Events 36
    Deity Events 37
    Deity Events 38
    Sent on 12/24/2018

Ashley Zazzarino · Married on 11/17/2018

Stop looking - choose Deity

We had our wedding here in November 2018 and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. Every single member of the Deity staff were a dream to work with. Caio really breaks everything down for you leading up to the day. Anna and Melissa took amazing care of us during the ceremony and reception. DJ BenHa kept the energy up during the reception and people had the best time. The food was spectacular and the layout was unique, spanning across three floors. I kept thinking I should've felt more stressed out over planning but because of Caio and his team at Deity, the months leading up to our wedding were smooth and stress-free.

The atmosphere at this venue is simply magical. If you have your wedding here, it will be one that you & your guests will never forget. It's such a unique and romantic space, with a splash of Brooklyn charm. We really didn't want a DIY wedding and Deity was the perfect solution to that as they have everything covered. Every single detail was thought out and my guests thought that was my doing but really, Deity was my secret. I can't imagine our wedding at any other location and that is solely because of the passion and commitment that Caio and his team dedicate to Deity.

Deity Events 39
    Sent on 02/11/2019

Lara Eshkenazi · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect bar Mitzvah at Deity

We hosted our son's bar mitzvah at Deity and we could not have been happier with how everything went. First of all, the space is so beautiful that we did not have to spend any money decorating it. It is very hard to find a full service venue these days where you don't have to rent everything that goes into the space- Deity has everything you could possibly want or need, and it is all included in the price, which makes planning so much easier. Second, the food is absolutely delicious (our guests all raved about it). Third, the staff is truly incredible. From beginning to end we did not have to stress about any of the details as they took care of everything. As someone with a more than full time job, I really appreciated not having to worry about planning every detail because the staff at Deity was so on top of it and guided us through the whole process. The staff could not have been more kind and professional in helping us deal with a medical emergency in the middle of our party. The staff made sure we got the medical assistance we needed for the guest while making sure the rest of our guests (and in particular the bar mitzvah boy) were still enjoying the party (the fact that Deity has several floors made that easier too as the guests could continue to have fun on one level while we were attending to the guest who needed help on the other level). It was a difficult situation and they could not have handled it better. I cannot recommend Deity highly enough.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Joseph

Joseph · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful Brooklyn Wedding

Like many engaged couples, we were worried and stressed about finding the right venue. We wanted a place that was not only beautiful, but also a place where the guests could enjoy themselves. We were so lucky to find the perfect venue at Deity. From the moment we saw the venue in person, we knew it was meant to be--and Caio and the extremely helpful team were the icing on the cake.

On the day of the planning meeting, Caio sits down with you and breaks down the entire evening so that you (and the team) know exactly what to expect and when to expect it--everything is down to a tee, but they know little things can change here and there, and are very flexible to accommodate them. The team is very responsive from day one; they are quick to answer any and all questions, and they are there ensure that the big night is flawless.

On the day of the wedding, everything ran smoothly; the day-of-coordinator was so sweet and understanding, and she always made sure we knew where we were in terms of schedule and made sure our bridal party and families were comfortable. As an aside, if you're bringing any outside vendors like we did for make-up, flowers, cake, and photography, have no fear as they work and coordinate with them so that everything and everyone is ready and set up well before the night begins.

The ceremony went off without a hitch--everything was well organized thanks to the day-of coordinator and the wonderful DJ (more on that later). The decorations were incredibly romantic and picturesque. It provided the perfect atmosphere for an intimate wedding. After the ceremony, the staff thankfully gave us time to relax and enjoy the delicious cocktail hour appetizers in the privacy of the bridal suite. All of the food is made in-house and they provide a wonderful selection of meats and vegetables, so that everyone can enjoy their meal. We have received so many compliments from guests saying that the food was amazing.

After dinner, the true party began. DJ Eno was PERFECT! He was funny, his music selections were on point, and he knew exactly what to do to bring out our shy friends and relatives to the dance floor. He even joined us on the dance floor, making it an even more memorable evening.

Ultimately, Deity was perfect because they really took care of everything. We didn't have to worry about finding caterers, renting chairs and tables, a DJ, or additional decorations. They worked with what we needed and were clear about what they could provide. We would definitely recommend for all couples looking to host a beautiful, intimate, and fun wedding to have it at Deity!

As an aside, we also recommend renting the upstairs bridal suite for the night! It is truly beautiful and it really helps to not have to travel to another hotel to rest after a long day.

Thank you Deity for making our big night possible! :)

Deity Events 40
    Deity Events 41
    Deity Events 42
    Deity Events 43
    Deity Events 44
    Deity Events 45
    Sent on 01/06/2019

David Lempert · Married on 09/15/2018

Great venue and a seamless wedding

Hello all. My wife and I had our wedding at Deity on 9/15/18. From the beginning, the venue was tremendously helpful in making our wedding planning very smooth and easy. We loved the venue immediately, and were impressed with the quality of the operations and the fact that so many aspects of the events could be handled in-house (wedding planning, food, drink, decoration, DJ).

We met with the venue a few times and planned everything out. I was confident the day itself would go smoothly, but it exceeded my expectations, particularly in terms of the quality of service and how seamless everything was. This allowed us to take in the event and not worry. The ceremony was beautiful (and we got food/drink right after it) the cocktail reception was fun and laid back, the dinner was classy and our guests loved the food, and the dance party was epic -- the DJ kept our friends dancing until the 12:30 end of the party.

We highly recommend Deity based on location, historical nature of the beautiful venue, quality of food and bar service, and the party. Book way in advance -- it fills up fast for all the reasons we listed!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Joan

Joan Kim · Married on 09/07/2018

A+++++++++

We had THE most amazing wedding in September 2018 and give Deity ALL the credit. We cannot rave enough about this place. Caio and his team exceeded our highest expectations and we have Z-E-R-O regrets.

From setting up our appointment to check out the venue, Haley and Caio were incredibly responsive and answered all of our questions thoughtfully & convincingly (and we had a lot of questions...). This was actually the only venue we checked out. We appreciated the all-inclusive concept and the fact that they were very transparent about their pricing. Is it the cheapest venue you'll find in the NYC area? No, but the quality of the experience (and therefore low stress level) makes the pricing totally worth every penny.

1. The service - Caio, Christian and Natalia were amazing. Their team is truly a well-oiled machine. The staff have been working with eachother and at the venue for years - this is very apparent (we've been to weddings where this is noticeably not the case aka they clearly don't care about the guests' experience). The Deity staff took care of us and our guests all night - our guests (including the bride's difficult-to-please mother) consistently commented that the staff was amazing, efficient and friendly. We were truly able to enjoy our own wedding.

2. The food - is amazing. Our guests consistently said it was some of the best wedding food they've had. They thought it was catered from a restaurant! You don't need to do the tasting (we didn't)...just order the NY Strip and Tuna - you won't regret it.

3. DJ Eno - honestly one of our biggest concerns was that we wouldn't be satisfied with the DJ Deity assigns us (and we'd be stuck with him/her). DJ Eno was the bomb. On our phone call, we had a hard time articulating what type of songs we wanted for the dance floor but he asked good questions and truly nailed it the night of. We had guests who didn't leave the dance floor the entire night! We would hire him again in a heartbeat.

4. The venue - we loved the unique look and it really embodies "Brooklyn." One thing we didn't initially love - the venue is separated by several floors and requires walking up and down flights of stairs (which we thought our guests would complain about). It ended up being a non-issue and people actually commented that they loved the flow of the entire night. One thing in particular we didn't like at first was that the dance floor is in the cellar, separate from the dining area (like most traditional weddings). However, this ended up being a HUGE hit. Our guests loved this unique feature and had a blast.

Separately, the venue's string lights and the candles they provide are more than enough decor so we didn't do any floral arrangements (which saved us thousands of dollars). We just got rose petals for the tabletops and aisle, but think we could've even done without.

5. They allow dogs - our beloved dog got to be part of our ceremony which made our day even more special

Sent on 12/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2018

Our wedding at Deity was a dream. From the gorgeous bridal suite, to the delicious food, the incredible DJ, the amazing staff, and the fun…everything was wonderful. We felt supported throughout the entire process both pre-wedding and day-of. We couldn’t believe how much was taken care of by the venue, and they certainly delivered.
    Every member of staff was attentive, kind, and went out of their way to make sure our day was as carefree as possible. I fully expected to experience intense stress levels throughout our entire wedding day, and kept saying how I wished I could attend my own wedding just to enjoy it! Well fortunately, everything functioned so smoothly that we were able to relish in every moment. The Deity staff are super professional, and seemed to have thought of it all. Since our wedding, guests have routinely approached us complimenting the food as the “best wedding food they’ve ever had,” gushing about the amazing DJ (we worked with Jamal), and praising the beautiful venue. We fell in love with the space at Deity immediately, and felt it offered the perfect Brooklyn charm we were looking for. We didn’t feel a need for extra DIY decorations, or major floral arrangements. The environment was clean, chic, and romantic as-is.
    We can’t say enough good things about the DJ, Jamal, who played the most on-point tracks for our crowd throughout the evening. I was astonished to see how many people remained at the end of the night, still partying and enjoying the dance floor.
    Food and drink service throughout the evening was wonderful. The entire staff was always on top of things, and never seemed to miss a beat.
    All in all we are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Deity, and can’t thank the team enough. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a perfect and turn-key wedding venue in NYC!

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing Wedding Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Deity in August 2018, and I could not recommend Deity enough. We visited only one other venue before seeing Deity, and when we visited, we knew it was the perfect place for our reception. Deity was gorgeous and unique, but also classy and intimate at the same time. We loved the multiple floors, as each provided a different feel throughout the different stages of the night.

Planning with Deity's team was a breeze. Having no wedding planner, my husband and I made our decisions our own, and were often helped by Caio, who had several helpful suggestions. Any questions we had were promptly responded to over email. It was very apparent that Caio and teh Deity staff truly cared about us as our couple and our enjoyment of our celebration.

The day of, the Deity staff made everything so wonderfully smooth. They made sure that my husband and I had time to enjoy each other and have some food (which was absolutely amazing) before joining our cocktail hour. Throughout the night, they made sure that we were happy, that our guests were happy, and that we stuck to our schedule. Guests absolutely loved the venue, and several raved about the food and the beautiful venue itself.

All in all, I could not recommend Deity or its staff more.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Humaira · Married on 08/05/2018

I really wished that I was a guest at my own wedding. On my wedding day, everything was streamlined and no one was bored. Every single one our guests talked about how beautiful the space was and how much they loved the food. The Deity team was so accessible for any and all questions, they are very upfront about costs, and they are extremely organized and professional. I couldn’t be happier with my wedding day because these guys made it so easy.

Deity Events 46
    Deity Events 47
    Deity Events 48
    Sent on 09/16/2018

Alexandra · Married on 08/04/2018

We had an amazing wedding at Deity! In particular, we were really impressed by the food, which is way better than we’ve had at “fancier” weddings that cost way more.

We also really loved the space and the layout, and the smooth way the staff handled the transitions from one part of the evening to the next. Every staff member we encountered was incredibly professional, thoughtful, and friendly.

A nice consequence of the layout, we found, is that the dinner and dancing portions of the evening are truly separate. That means that dinner is not rushed and your half-eaten plate is not taken away because you left for a dance. People who want a break from dancing (or old folks who want to chill) can relax in the lounge area. It’s just a really cool, unique set-up.

Another thing we loved about Deity is that they don’t try to gouge their clients. They offer an alternative to a truly open bar where you can basically prepay a certain amount, and then agree to cover any extra (with someone updating you as the night goes along, if necessary). To the guests it felt like an open bar, but relative to what a “true” open bar would have cost, it saved us several thousand dollars.

In short, our friends and family raved about our wedding, and we had an absolute blast, and Deity was a huge part of that.

Sent on 08/25/2018