Defining Moments Weddings & Events Reviews

118 | Destin, FL

118 Reviews for Defining Moments Weddings & Events

Amy · Married on 04/16/2016

Heather was an absolute delight to work with, and was definitely my wedding angel. She kept me organized, helped with recommendations of vendors, assisted with making choices with the cake, floral and event design, and band, and I have recommended to every one I have come across! She is the reason my wedding was the most perfect day ever, and I cannot express my gratitude and appreciation enough!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Heather is one of the most talented professionals with whom I've ever worked. From our very first phone conversation, she stood head and shoulders above the other 7-8 planners (yes, really!) we'd interviewed. Within days of working together, I found myself relaxing...entrusting to her all of our lists, tasks, and loose ends. Within a few weeks, my mom and I had gotten to a point wherein we discontinued any/all research on our own; if we needed something, we simply asked Heather and trusted entirely her recommendations. She was remarkably prompt in all communications and fail-proof in her recommendations - every last one of her recommended vendors were phenomenal. Though we were fortunate (thanks to Heather!) to not have ANY wedding weekend crises, we had a moment the day before the wedding wherein we realized my mom and I had neglected to purchase the celebratory bubbles/bells for use during our "grand exit" from the reception. Without batting an eye, Heather looked calmly at me and said, "Don't give this a second thought; I'll take care of it." Within 2 hours (I'm not exaggerating) she texted me to say that she'd procured both bubbles AND bells from a nearby craft store. Mission accomplished...and before I even had time to worry about anything. Granted, one can have a very happy wedding (and exit!) sans bells or bubbles. I share this story, however, to illustrate Heather's readiness/ability to tackle any challenge...and in record time. I'm certain that had my groom disappeared the morning of our wedding, Heather would have hunted him down and made things right! (Thankfully, there was no need for this.) I could go on and on...but in closing, I'll say this: having worked with a variety of professionals across numerous settings, I can honestly say that Heather is one of the most talented and passionate professionals I've ever encountered. It was a true joy to work with someone who loves her career so fully and evidently. We are forever grateful to you!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 11/01/2015

Heather and her team made my wedding day so relaxing and enjoyable for me; they were the "X" factor in my ability to truly sit back and drink in all the beauty the day had to offer. From the moment I started working with Heather, I felt so confident in the decisions being made. She is incredibly professional and organized, and takes care of all the details you didn't know existed. I knew I had hit the "wedding planner jackpot" when all the other vendors I spoke with who heard I was working with Heather literally gushed about how wonderful she was. I can honestly say that I can't put a price tag on the "value" of Heather's services - she is worth her weight in gold. Her knowledge and expertise are apparent in every conversation and decision made - it is always coupled with genuine enthusiasm and care.
    There is nothing more you could ask for in a wedding planner - look no further! My wedding day exceeded my hopes and it is largely due to her work!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Marissa · Married on 10/24/2015

Heather and her team are absolutely fantastic! We have said over and over that she was the single best decision we made about our wedding (after each other, of course!). She came highly recommended and lived up to every expectation and more.

Heather is an incredible professional, while also being personable, friendly, and extremely well-connected in the 30-A area and beyond. Every vendor we hired noted how lucky we were to be working with her and how smoothly the entire weekend would go because she was behind the event.

After our rehearsal, it was so fun to see our friends and family realize that THIS was the amazing wedding planner we had been working with for months. They were so impressed with her demeanor, control of the group without being off-putting, and the detailed organization that she showed. She gave us a beautiful wedding that we were truly able to enjoy because we had nothing to worry about except soaking in the moments!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Not one detail went untouched. Her high level of efficiency and attention to detail made the months of planning seamless. I highly recommend Heather and Defining Moments.

Sent on 10/27/2015

A · Married on 10/03/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Heather at Defining Moments.

I decided to have a destination wedding in Seaside, Florida, so the entire planning process was done long distance. Heather did such a fantastic job communicating with me -- no question was too minor and she was always prompt with a response. Heather also recommended amazing vendors in the area that ensured we were getting everything we wanted, while still remaining within our budget.

The event itself was everything I had dreamed it would be. And with Heather by my side I had the support I needed to be sure that no detail was forgotten, which enabled me to enjoy the weekend of the wedding with my family, instead of fretting over last minute items.

And Heather is always prepared for every scenario! Even when the bustle on my dress broke at the beginning of the reception, Heather was there with a thread and needle to sew it up in a flash! :)

Honestly every detail was thought out; and if it was important to me, then it was important to Heather. If you are having a wedding in the Santa Rosa Beach area, then there is no one better prepared to help you plan the perfect day than Heather at Defining Moments!

Sent on 10/18/2015

If I could give Heather higher than a 5 star rating I would. Ladies if you are searching for a planner - this is THE best decision you will make while wedding planning. I really cannot say enough wonderful things about her. From start to finish Heather was amazing to work with- she is incredibly organized and anytime I would reach out with a question or concern I would hear back from her within minutes. In the months leading up to the wedding she helped me pick my vendors and stay on top of anything that needed to get done. I am so happy that on my wedding day I was actually able to enjoy the entire day/night and not stress about one single thing. I honestly cannot believe how smoothly everything ran, and I have Heather and her wonderful team to thank for that.

Sent on 10/14/2015

From my mother:

Heather, thank you so much for everything you did to make Sarah’s wedding completely perfect. I couldn’t be happier with the way everything turned out and you made it possible for me to just enjoy all the festivities without worry.

From the very beginning, you were organized, responsive, detail-oriented, thorough and confidence-inspiring. You kept us on track and on schedule, and you thought of things I never would have considered. It was just such a relief to know you were on top of things and that I didn’t have to worry quite as much.

You are absolutely fantastic at your job and I am so lucky that I picked you to help us with the most important event we’ve ever put on. I honestly can’t think of one thing you could have done better. You earned every penny of your fee and then some.

To top everything else off, it was FUN working with you! You are so professional, but also relaxed, with a sense of humor. The bottom line is that the best decision I made during the entire process was bringing you on board with us!

Thank you so much for everything. The entire weekend was better than we even hoped it would be. We will never forget it.

Sent on 09/22/2015
  • F

F · Married on 09/19/2015

Heather took me under her wing and we had a fabulous rehearsal dinner! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Lindsey · Married on 08/16/2015

Honestly I was upset at first Rosemary required a day-of coordinator for my wedding, another costs?!? WOW was I WRONG! If I could only have had one service, it would hands down be Heather with Defining Moments. As part of her Day-of Service, she comes in two months before and handles the logistics that a bride should not ever be bothered by leading up to her special day! Heather and Carolyn were absolutely amazing to work with, she handled every detail perfectly and was so professional and friendly. My wedding would never have been the same without her hard work and diligence. No stress, just able to enjoy the best day of my life! Thank you soooooo very much Heather and Carolyn!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Carol · Married on 06/13/2015

Having three daughters, this was the first time we used a wedding planner for our daughter's destination wedding. Heather was phenomenal!!!! She thought of everything and was so thorough! My daughter is very organized and Heather was excellent on all the planning steps and doing timelines so we knew when and where we had to be . On the wedding day , she distributed the boutonnière's, bouquets, made sure the wedding party was where they needed to be all thru the day and evening. Heather comprised the list for make up and hair to be done, as Welles move the bride and groom's luggage to their room the night of the wedding! She corresponded with the other vendors to be sure they did all that they had contracted to do. I would highly recommend Heather's company for your wedding planning! It is a top notch company!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

Oh my goodness, where to start!?! Heather is absolutely amazing! I knew from the first time my parents and I met with Heather, she was going to be a perfect fit and great help in our wedding planning process. Heather is extremely organizing and is so great at what she does!! Having a destination wedding was a bit nerve wrecking not being to be in Destin all the time whenever a question arose. Heather was always so quick to help answer any questions we had and always offering the best suggestions. She came to my vendors meetings and helped make sure everything was going to run smoothly. It was so nice having her wedding day timeline that she made for the wedding party, my vendors, and family. Making sure everyone knew where they were suppose to be at what time, made everything perfect! It definitely helped having Heather and her assistant there at our wedding and reception to keep the nerves down on my parents and let them enjoy their day too. I truly appreciate all your help Heather and would definitely recommend her planning services to any bride having a wedding in the Destin, 30A, area!! She is fabulous and you will not be disappointed!!! Thank you so much Heather!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2015

Heather was incredible. We were planning a wedding from out of town, and Heather's friendly manner and superior organizational skills made it as easy as it could possibly be. She quickly responded to every question, no matter how small, and was a great intermediary when multiple opinions came into play. On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant took care of every detail. I didn't worry about anything. I couldn't recommend Heather highly enough.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Cozy · Married on 04/25/2015

From our initial inquiry phone call, Heather was extremely prompt in every aspect of communication. We live in Dallas and the wedding was in Seaside, Florida at the Interfaith Chapel with reception on the Lyceum Lawn. Her email communication of checklists, schedules, budget reports kept us focused which really eliminated any unnecessary stress. She was extremely professional not only with us, but the vendors we visited as well; only sharing experiences and facts verses opinions. This helped us create and stay true to our vision of the wedding instead of what was convenient for her.

It was hard to say good bye because she was such a positive integral part of such a personal experience. Can't begin to express how much we appreciate all she did.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Anna · Married on 04/18/2015

Heather from Defining Moments was phenomenal! Do not look any further for your wedding planner! She was an absolute pleasure to work with and really knows weddings in and out. I got married in Seaside, FL, and Heather knows the whole area like the palm of her hand (from housing, vendors, venues, people, activities, food, rehearsal dinner, etc.), which made planning and choosing vendors a breeze. She knows exactly what to do and what not to do and will always give you the best recommendation. When I look back on the decisions made and her projections, she was spot on every single time and I'm so glad we took her advice - everything from invitations, how many people to invite vs how many would attend, number of koozies to order, favors, welcome gifts, food, vendors, etc. She kept all of our vendor payments organized as well which was a true blessing. Heather simply takes the stress out of wedding planning and coordinates all of the vendors, timing, where everyone should be and at what time, etc.. I wouldn't have changed a thing thanks to her!

She is very responsive, supremely organized, and made our wedding day the smoothest, best day ever. I was planning from out of town and Heather made it easy, being readily available via email or phone. She had everything prepared several days out, calmed me down about any of my worries, and carried the wedding day out flawlessly. Even when running around at the wedding no one ever even knew she was there the way she just fit in perfectly with her assistant (who was wonderful, too!)

She's awesome, prepared, smart, organized, responsive, and creative. Looking back, I truly can't imagine my wedding day without her!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Janie · Married on 04/03/2015

Heather was exceptional! We are so grateful that she was available to assist us in planning the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding. Heather is dream to work with! Book her immediately if you are planning an event!!!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Darby · Married on 11/22/2014

I simply cannot say enough about Heather / Defining Moments. Perfect across the board. She made wedding planning such a joy! Efficient, fun, professional... The absolute best hands down. I could go on and on!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Elaine · Married on 10/18/2014

We were so pleased with the knowledge and professionalism Heather displayed throughout the whole process of my daughter's wedding planning. She was always available to assist us whenever we called and was quick to return calls with the information we had requested. It was especially helpful to us since we were all 6-7 hours away from our destination wedding venue, and did most of the planning via phone calls and emails.
    I would highly recommend Heather to anyone who needs assistance with your event.

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • User4502080 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks in large part to Heather. In the months leading up to the wedding, she was incredibly organized and sent us regular emails notifying us when vendor payments were due. She was incredibly flexible and would take calls with us late in the evening to accommodate our busy work schedules. I never worried about anything falling through the cracks since we knew Heather had an eye on all the details. Her services were by far the best money spent on the wedding since she allowed us not only to plan a perfect wedding but also ensured execution was seamless so we could enjoy the festivities all weekend. She is the best around, and her reputation is stellar throughout the region. We give her our highest recommendation to anyone considering her services!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Tiffany · Married on 10/02/2014

Heather was absolutely wonderful to work! She went above and beyond to make our wedding special! We had a small wedding but I never has to do anything and any question I had she answered and was there throughout the whole thing! We had a lot of changes throughout the planning even up to a few weeks before but she helped and made sure everything was perfect! She was wonderful! She is so sweet and calming and we definitely could not have done this without her!!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Nell · Married on 09/29/2014

Defining Moments Weddings & Events went above and beyond our highest expectations. They made the planning process for our destination wedding an absolute joy and we highly recommend there services.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Emily · Married on 09/27/2014

Words cannot express how wonderful it was working with Defining Moments! We had a destination wedding is Seaside and didn't know where to begin. Heather was able to provide us with lists of the best vendors in the area and we ended up with vendors who were not only excellent, but were great matches for us and our vision. Heather is knowledgeable, prompt, reliable and extremely organized. We had no problem having our questions answered right away and the quality of service is second to none.

We were able to enjoy a stress free wedding day knowing that Heather and her assistant, Kenya, were there to take care of anything that would pop-up and the whole planning process was easier and more enjoyable than we could have imagined! People were absolutely blown away with our wedding and we were able to have a wedding that totally represented us as a couple. Our expectations were exceeded and we were so glad that we chose Defining Moments!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Linda · Married on 09/27/2014

Wonderful to work with. Did a fabulous job

Sent on 10/07/2014

Jackie · Married on 09/22/2014

Heather did an excellent job! She was an absolute joy to work with -- always professional, efficient, organized, always available to answer any questions or concerns we may have had. My daughter and son-in-law were very pleased with their beautiful beach wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2014

I agree with everyone's comments - we couldn't have been happier with Heather's services! She made our wedding stress-free! Best decision we made regarding the wedding!

Sent on 09/22/2014