Dee Kay Events Reviews

Dee Kay Events 1
Dee Kay Events 2

Natasha Essey · Married on 09/16/2018

Perfect Day!

We hired Diane for wedding day management. She was very organized and took the time to understand our needs. Our wedding had a lot of logistics and we were so happy someone took over the timeline. I wish I hired her for design work but she was generous enough to give me ideas where I needed help. Overall, a great experie
    nce! If I can give any bride advice, hire a planner and don't sweat the small stuff.

Luca · Married on 11/18/2017

We hired Diane right after getting engaged and I wasn’t totally sold on value. My now wife insisted, and I’m so glad we hired Dee Kay Events. I learned so much and she saved us money with a few vendors. She also worked relentlessly for us on our wedding day. Great stuff.

Ketan · Married on 09/30/2017

Dee Kay Events fulfilled my every need and request without any hesitation. I had a vision and expressed it to Diane and she completely turned it into a reality. Everything turned out so beautiful that my guests were all in awe and asking me for her information. Can't wait to work with her again in the future! 5 stars!!

Dee Kay Events 3

Anthony · Married on 06/17/2017

I havent had too much experience with Wedding planners/stylists, but I can say that I was more than satisfied with Diane. We gave her our vision and she provided so many different options and even let us use some of her vast inventory of items to make our day perfect. The day of our wedding, weather was not cooperating, and Diane made sure that everything was taken care of. She was great with the staff, our family and especially us as I was a nervous wreck. She took charge and made sure everything ran smoothly and even better than I could have wished. I can say without reservation that she is excellent at her job and I'm so glad she was a part of our day!

Dee Kay Events 4

Kristen · Married on 06/03/2017

Diane helped to create the perfect day for our wedding. She was extremely helpful and had thoughtful feedback throughout the whole planning process. All of my other vendors even made it a point to let me know how organized she was. My guests are still talking about how beautiful everything was! She is very detail oriented and I don't know what we would have done without her! I would highly recommend DeeKay to any and everyone!

Leighann · Married on 01/30/2017

Diane is an absolute pleasure to work with, from start to finish. She is creative, calm under pressure, always professional, and truly works to understand your needs as well as your budget.

• F

Fonda · Married on 12/02/2016

I would say feel free to book-in a witih confidence this wedding planner is not just offer planning they also do decor, lighting DJ, photographer and apporiate party activities.

Jonalyn · Married on 12/02/2016

Dee Kay Events provided incredible service at our wedding,...flawless,...Diane has an incredible gift,. I was absolutely impressed by her perfection, she really listened to us. Highly reccomended, 5 stars all the way!! Couldn't have done it with out her.

Chris · Married on 12/02/2016

Diane was a dream to deal with. She thought of every detail and was huge part of the success of my special day. I cannot thank her enough for making it stress free for me. The way she put together the venue made it feel magical and our guests were blown away.

Jeanette · Married on 12/02/2016

The entire event was absolutely amazing! Everything was very well planned and done in a timely fashion. The decor exceeded our expectations. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone who needs a Planner!

Christina · Married on 11/05/2016

We had a great experience with Dee Kay Events from start to finish. We had a number of "moving parts" with our day, including numerous rental items coming in, floral installations, guest transportation, and small little detail items that I wanted done (that I didn't want the venue to have to handle). Diane and Vedran seamlessly worked our event as though nothing was an issue, and we couldn't have ended up with a more perfect day.

As a special note, I would like to make specific mention of Diane's emergency kit. It is the real deal people. Everything, and I mean everything, you could need was in this kit. Being in the wedding business myself I see a lot of emergency kits - Di's puts them all to shame!!

Caroline · Married on 08/13/2016

We hired Diane at the very beginning of the wedding planning process, and without a doubt it was the best wedding decision we made. Diane is an absolute joy to work with—she is incredibly kind and thoughtful, and never short on creative ideas and solutions. She not only kept us organized and on track, but she brought in multiple vendors that provided amazing services without going over budget. She was so generous throughout the year with her time and attention, and came with us to important vendor meetings and venue walkthroughs. When it came to the wedding weekend, we knew that we would be in good hands, but Diane and her team far exceeded our already high expectations. I cannot begin to list how much Diane’s team took on for us, and how grateful we were for everything they did to make our wedding a truly spectacular event. Diane helped us execute our vision perfectly, and the result was beyond what we could have hoped for. Many of our guests came to us with high compliments about the whole Dee Kay Events team, and our families were incredibly appreciative for their support throughout the weekend. Most importantly, when it came to the wedding day, we had absolutely nothing to worry about—everyone was able to fully enjoy the day and be present in the moment, knowing that every last detail would be handled seamlessly, and we felt incredibly well taken care of. Highly, highly recommended!

Tristan · Married on 05/28/2016

Diane is an absolutely amazing. She goes out of her way to make sure you don't have to worry about a thing. I was hesitate to use a wedding planner before as I thought it was going to be very pricey but I feel I am the one who is getting the bargain here. My wedding is in next June of 2019 and Diane has already mapped out what needs to be done each month. I highly highly recommend her :)

Ashley · Married on 02/24/2016

I have a wedding coming up in a couple of months so I am currently shopping around for the best place/person to plan my wedding. I came here last week and I was really impressed. They are professional, gave me a lot of options to choose from, and were attentive. I recommend this place.

Chris · Married on 12/04/2015

Diane planned our business holiday party. All aspects were thought through with an incredible attention to detail. Everything from decorations at lunch, to ticketing for a corporate box at Madison Square Garden to getting everyone home safely in an Uber. I couldn't be more pleased with how Diane managed our event.

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Diane and her team were absolutely incredible and truly made my wedding dreams become reality! As a corporate events planner, I have high standards for my events and my guests definitely expected the best from my wedding...no pressure! I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy my wedding day and also micro-manage every last detail on the big day, so that's where Dee Kay came in. Diane was there for me from the moment (even before) I signed the contract. We clicked immediately and her vibrant personality totally won me over. Right away I felt a huge wave of relief and knew I had made the right choice. Diane was super organized and offered so many great ideas that totally fit in with the overall vision for my wedding, basically, she 'got' me. Diane worked with my venue and vendors to create a detailed plan and timeline and I didn't have to worry about a thing. On the day of, Diane was doing a million things behind the scenes, but still was able to pop over to my parents house and hang out with me and the girls while we were getting ready - she was even spotted washing dishes! Even with the Dee Kay team taking care of everything, I still thought there might be a chance that I wouldn't be able to sit back and relax, but when it came time to walk down the aisle, I was completely in the moment and didn't think about a single thing for the rest of the night, because it was handled. Diane and her team managed everything flawlessly and I am so very grateful to them for helping to make our day so incredibly special.

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2015

I worked with Diane to plan my daughter's extravagant, ballerina themed, first birthday party. Diane thought of every last detail. She was very helpful in providing vendors to pick from and in making sure every last detail was perfect. The party was absolutely amazing and my friends/family are still raving about it to this day. The best part was seeing my little girl's face as the live ballerinas danced around the venue. Thank you, Diane, for everything you did....before, during, and after the party....to make that day everything I hoped for and more!!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Oh, Jennifer. If we could design with you for the rest of days, it would be perfect! Your baby girl is the sweetest and her Mama is amazing. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of this special day. We will never forget this gorgeous soiree. You have a beautiful family and we feel very blessed to have shared all the smiles and laughs with every single one of you. THANK YOU for choosing us. We are forever grateful. <3

Michelle · Married on 06/27/2015

If there is one bit of advice that I could give to any bride, it would be hire Dee Kay Events! I started interviewing day of coordinators because I was feeling a little overwhelmed doing everything myself. When I first spoke to Diane, I felt a HUGE weight lift off of my shoulders. She didn't talk to me like typical possible client planning just another wedding, like other planners I spoke to. She was talking to me like she had been my friend for years, getting excited about all of the details of the big day and all of the planning I had done thus far. Diane made me feel like her number one priority from the first phone call until we said goodbye the day after the wedding. As a bride, that is exactly what you want. Someone to be on your side, listen to you, and help you plan the biggest event of your life. Diane went above and beyond all of my expectations. Along with day of coordination, Diane offers 3 months of wedding planning, which I didn't realize how much I needed until I had it! She took on the final tasks/elements of the wedding that I had not done yet such as transportation, and completely blew me away with her brilliant creativity on the hotel welcome bags and the dessert bar for the reception. The dessert bar was one of the most spectacular/delicious thing I have ever seen! Not to mention, Diane and her team managed my wedding flawlessly. From her detailed timelines and emergency kits, Diane was on top of everything! I honestly can't tell you every little detail Diane and her team did to make my wedding run flawlessly, because I was too busy enjoying the most magical day of my life. But they did just that; they made my wedding run flawlessly. I think that is the best review you can give an event planner. Everything was so wonderful that I didn't even have to think about it or question anything that was going on. Which is exactly why I hired her. My wedding was more incredible than I could have ever imagined because it was kissed by Dee Kay Events.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Every time I read this review, my eyes well up with tears. Your words will forever be in our hearts and your wedding day will forever be in our memory. Thank you Michelle & Alex, thank you for choosing us to be part of your special day. We are truly grateful and are very blessed to have clients as magnificent as the two of you. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Cheers to a beautiful life and to new friendships! So much fun! Miss you both! <3

Alexander · Married on 06/27/2015

Dee Kay Events was the best decision that my wife and I could have made from the beginning. Diane and my wife hit it off from the start and I immediately knew that the pre-wedding planning and day of coordination would be perfect. The pre-wedding planning stress was non-existent since Dee Kay Events did all of the worrying and stressing for us. We were planning a 200 guest wedding with people from all over the country and there was a lot to plan for. Dee Kay Events has great relationships with their vendors to handle everything we needed from the day-of favors at the wedding hall to the transportation for the wedding party and guests. The planning teleconferences were to the point and every little detail was thought of. Diane and her team are willing to work with your budget requirements. When you meet Diane and her team you will know you made the right choice. The planning process from start to finish was so much fun and so easy.

On the day of the wedding it unfortunately rained, but that did not stop us. Since Diane and her team were well prepared for everything we did not have to worry about a thing. Dee Kay Events made sure every guest got directions to the hotel or venue, along with making sure that everyone was where they were supposed to be. I do not remember any wrinkles or problems on my wedding day because Diane and her team took care of them before my wife or I even knew about them. They designed and set-up the most amazing Candy-Cake Bar that all of the guests enjoyed. There was nothing left for us to take home at the end of the night.

Speaking as the Groom, if you do not want to worry about anything then Dee Kay Events will be the perfect choice for you.

Erin · Married on 06/06/2015

I don’t even know where to begin to describe how amazing Diane is and what a life saver she was for me during my wedding planning. We clicked from our first phone conversation and I knew with her energy and positive attitude she was exactly what I was looking for!. She went above and beyond on every aspect of planning, organizing, and executing my wedding without the blink of an eye. She was always available to handle whatever crisis I was having and I literally would text her all day long as I would think of things (and most of time she already had them done). She made what can be a very stressful time much more manageable. She is incredibly talented, creative, and an amazing person. My wedding day went absolutely perfectly because of her and her team. She coordinated with all my vendors leading up to the wedding and was there to meet them on the day weekend of. She flawlessly put together my invitations and welcome baskets which I am still getting complimented on. Above all she was fantastic to work with and I am happy to call her my friend! I can’t wait to plan my next big life event so I can hire her again! Hands down the best decision we made during our wedding planning was hiring Diane!!

Claudette · Married on 06/06/2015

There are not enough words to express my gratitude to Diane Kolanovic-Solaja for ensuring that my daughter's wedding day was PERFECT in every way possible! Although Diane was a contracted vendor she became more like a member of our family; and still is 6 months after. My daughter and I had interviewed several wedding planners, but when we met Diane we knew she was a perfect fit for us. Diane has a great personality which made it easy to work with her. She is creative, incredibly organized and flexible. She is a genuinely warm, kind and caring person. Diane was by far the best investment for my daughter's wedding! The months, weeks and days leading up to the wedding I was feeling relaxed and confident that all details were being addressed. I truly believe that what could have been a very stressful time in our lives was actually drama free. And, the best part was that on the day of my daughter's wedding I was able to enjoy every moment of this very special day.

Damir · Married on 05/02/2015

Diane and team did a wonderful job, not only on the wedding date itself, but in the months leading up to it as well. They were thoughtful, creative , friendly and made the process as smooth as possible. I don't know what I would have done workout them. They made my wife extremely happy which made me even happier. I would recommend them to everyone.

Mary · Married on 01/10/2015

Diane and her team at DeeKay Events were an absolute dream to work with for my vow renewal ceremony, especially when you consider everything was planned, set up, and executed in a little under a month's time! I'm not exactly the best when it comes to having a vision or putting it into motion, but she was there every step of the way, from asking me my likes in terms of clothing, food, and music, to creating us a Pinterest board to base concepts off and use as a talking/starting point, to even making sure all the food and makeup the day-of was gluten-free (which, as a Celiac, is a huge deal that ensures my safety, comfort, and health)! Diane was always very prompt when it came to communications, whether they be by phone or email.

The other vendors she found us for our event were consummate professionals who took their jobs seriously but did them well, while still being warm, genuinely enjoyable individuals, which speaks volumes about their working experience and previous history with DeeKay.

Whether you have an idea for your event and want help creating a classy, stylish affair, or are as clueless as I am when it comes to what will work and won't, DeeKay is the team to make it happen smoothly, quickly, and with plenty of laughs and smiles!

Eric · Married on 01/10/2015

The DeeKay team were without a doubt, excellent. My wife and I renewed our vows and the day was wonderful. They are a warm and friendly bunch, who made my wife and I feel like a million bucks. Everything was great, but what really sealed the deal for me was the fact that DeeKay events were not only able to provide us with gluten free food but a gluten free cake that was to die for.
    I tell my wife how beautiful she is everyday, but on the day of the event the DeeKay team managed to make her even more beautiful. Her hair, make-up, and dress were for a lack of a better phrase...breath taking.