Davis Imperial Cleaners Reviews

Davis Imperial Cleaners 1
Davis Imperial Cleaners 2
  • Kylie

Kylie Cibrian · Married on 05/17/2019

Painless and Priceless (but totally reasonable)

I found Davis Imperial when I called Bhldn for recommendations on where to get my Estelle wedding dress altered. The alterations team at Davis Imperial were fantastic and a breeze to work with when I brought in my wedding dress. I found the appointment times easy and convenient, and had no issues finding times to work with my schedule - which is saying a lot given how hectic the weeks leading up to your wedding can be. When one of the cups on my dress was not laying correctly, they fit and refit the fabric until it was perfect. Upon picking up my dress after alterations were complete, they sent me with an emergency kit to cover any potential mishaps on the big day. (Thankfully I didn’t need it!) My dress fit like a glove and I felt absolutely stunning in it. The team even sent a giftcard after the wedding day with their congratulations, which I will definitely be using when I have my wedding dress hemmed and made into an anniversary dress. Prices were reasonable and clearly stated at every step along the way. I never felt pressured for add ons or extras. I would absolutely recommend them if you are looking for someone to trust to have your wedding dress altered!

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Gabi

Gabriella · Married on 05/11/2019

Impeccable Alterations

I would definitely hire Davis Imperials again for my wedding dress alterations. I was completely comfortable with all the changes along the way and they totally delivered! (literally and figuratively) Their services are on the top end of the price range, but for a reason!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Elise

Elise · Married on 04/06/2019

Absolute wizards!

I bought my wedding dress off the rack, and it was about 3 sizes too big. I was worried that it may not turn out exactly how I wanted with it being so large, but Iana at Davis Imperial Cleaners is amazing! My wedding dress turned out EXACTLY how I wanted - it was taken in, shortened, bustled beautifully and she even added straps that looked like they were created when the dress was made. In addition to my wedding dress, I brought in an older dress of my grandma's to be updated so I could wear it to the rehearsal dinner. I couldn't believe it - the dress looked like new and they were able to alter even the old material! I will bring every alternation back to this location, they are incredible! Thanks, Iana!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 07/28/2018

Say Yes to Perfect Alterations

I bought a sample wedding dress, and was so happy to have Davis Imperial Cleaners on my team to make it absolute perfection for the wedding. They had to replace the illusion top, and went through 4 different fabrics to make sure they picked THE perfect material. I never felt so beautiful, and while yes it was on the pricey side, you get what you pay for. They were meticulous and made sure it was perfect before they gave it back to me. If you want to be stress free about your dress, this is the place to hire.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Alissa · Married on 09/03/2017

Working with Davis Cleaners for my bridal gown alterations was seamless (literally)! I felt extremely confident that I was in the best hands and creative minds in the city. I was nervous that my over sized sample dress would be a challenge, but they made it my own and took all my anxiety away. They were patient, accommodating, and creative. They even attached the extra lace from my dress onto my custom veil. What a pleasure!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Fantastic alterations and great staff! When I had an emergency with my dress two hours before the event they saved me! Planning on using to preserve my dress too! Keturah Michael Was fantastic and made my dress beautiful

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ria · Married on 07/29/2016

Everyone at Davis Imperial is extremely helpful, friendly, and professional. My wedding gown was altered so perfectly and with such attention to detail. I highly recommend Davis Imperial for wedding gown alterations! My sister who is getting married this fall also chose to use Davis Imperial. Quality service!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kalle · Married on 06/25/2016

I loved working with Davis Imperial to have my dress altered. I purchased a vintage dress from the 1940s that was a huge ballgown. By the end they completely restructured my dress and it was so beautiful. I flew in several times, from Seattle, to have the dress altered. Each time I was amazed by the work that had been done. I also probably didn't go as many times as they would have liked but the end result was amazing.

Sent on 07/01/2016

I purchased my dress at Bhldn, where they recommended Davis Imperial Cleaners for tailoring. Such a great recommendation!! I had a total of 5 visits between December and June and each time I was treated like a princess. My seamstress and account manager always made me feel beautiful, complimenting me on my choices of dress, jewelry, and shoes. The dress was beautifully pressed for our wedding and was comfortable the entire day. The dress fit like a glove!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Andrea · Married on 04/11/2015

Davis Imperial Cleaners took care of the steaming/pressing and transport of my gown. I dropped it off with them 3 weeks ahead of the wedding and they delivered it to the hotel where we got married. I was so impressed with the quality of their work -- the gown was just perfect, not a pleat out of place. And it was delivered in a large bag so as not to smash the dress, and they even included a little kit with gloves, etc. for special handling of the dress. The delivery driver was very friendly. They are a bit pricey but they really did do an amazing job. The splurge was worth it for me.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Jenny · Married on 10/12/2013

Davis Imperial is great. I bought a designer sample sale dress that needed cleaning and a lot of alterations. Keturah and her team were so great to work with- so accommodating, friendly and professional. My dress had an outer layer train, and the gals at Davis worked magic so I was able to actually take the outer layer off during my reception. I don't know how they did it but it worked. Their work is incredible; I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/29/2013
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 09/21/2012

Took extra care in my alterations and had me in 5 times to make sure it was perfect

Sent on 09/23/2012

Katie · Married on 12/10/2011

he only dress I ended up loving was at a sample sale and the dress was a mess. It had a ton of stains and dirt marks and it was about 5 sizes too big, but I had to have it. After a ton of research we took it to Davis Imperial. They were miracle workers! Everyone was so amazing and great to work with. They were also flexible with appointments and rescheduling. I got to work with the same two people the entire time and they were wonderful and helped to address every concern. I often had to go to fittings by myself because my family lived out of town but Keturah was like having a family member there, she was often the first one to point out flaws and always discussed how they could fix them. They were probably my favorite vendor to work with during my wedding.

Sent on 12/27/2011

Natalie · Married on 12/12/2015

Can't say enough wonderful things about Davis! They definitely made my wedding dress look beautiful pre and post wedding (it is now preserved!) It is definitely worth the cost---you will look and feel like a princess!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Veronica · Married on 06/18/2016

Got my dress at glamour closet and we're recommended by them. Very trustworthy to make your dress look fabulous on you no matter what they had to alter. Very attentive and they schedule you for 4 to 5 visits to make sure everything fits perfectly. They don't cut anything until the end to make sure your completely satisfied and don't want to make any changes. A little pricey but worth it for your dress. Not anyone knows how.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Hannah · Married on 07/21/2018

Davis Cleaners did the alterations for my wedding dress. Davis came highly recommended from the Glamour Closet, where I purchased my dress. I had a great consultation, multiple fittings and the service was always great. At the final fitting we realized I lost more weight than expected and we had to take the dress in just a days before the wedding. Instead of that making me nervous Davis helped calm me and ensure this would keep the strapless gown from falling. It was a perfect fit!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Davis Imperial Cleaners 3
    Davis Imperial Cleaners 4
  • Tiffany & Leighton

Tiffany · Married on 12/28/2008

3.5

The place I bought my gown from recommended Davis Imperial Cleaners for my alterations. Again, I did everything quite last minute so I was so excited that they would be able to alter my dress in less than 3 months. They always made it easy for me to make appointments that fit my schedule as my weekends were pretty tight with scheduling as the wedding date got nearer. They were super professional and very friendly. My first alteration was for taking in the sides of the dress as it was too large. When it came time to pay, I was pleasantly surprised as it was right at what I thought it would cost, maybe even a little less than I had anticipated which is always great. The second fitting was for the bustling. I guess my dress was really delicate but the cost of that was more than 1/2 the cost of my gown but at that point, what can I do? The last fitting was for length. My final fitting came and the dress fit but I did notice (and later my mom did, too) that the hem of the gown in front was slightly shorter than the sides. I did notice this at the fitting but since my gown had a "rough" hem meaning that it was like a tulle material and it just gets cut (so if it's too short, you're SOL) there really wasn't a point in bringing it up. I was just happy it fit and got it with time to spare. In the end, the dress looked gorgeous but I did end up paying as much for the alterations as the gown...which I didn't have budgeted so I think I'll have to wait to get the gown "cleaned & preserved" since we came out over our wedding budget. My recommendation is to ask for an estimate before you let anyone "snip" your dress. They were great otherwise and very professional.

Sent on 01/20/2009

Nirva · Married on 12/29/2009

0.4
      0.5

What they're doing at Davis Imperial Cleaner is borderline fraud!!!
    They are not upfront about what they charge, they demanded to have my credit card in file before they would even deal with me. Once they had my credit they charged $524 without getting any authorization me. They picked up my clothing at my home and did not inform me of their charges. I kept waiting to get a call from them to let me know how much it would cost. The call never came. They never told me upfront what their fees were, they just sneaked and ran this exhorbitant $524 charge on my credit card. Per example: "$16" to clean 1 small silk scarf the kind you wear on your head. I complained to the owner who said he was not obliged to tell me how he will charge upfront. Other Dry Cleaners have only charged about $150 for the same quantity of clothes. Never give your Credit Card # to this people.

Sent on 12/30/2009