David Alan Hospitality Group Reviews

David Alan Hospitality Group 3
David Alan Hospitality Group 4
David Alan Hospitality Group 5

Anne Byron · Married on 10/05/2019

Superior food and service!

My daughter & son-in-law used David Alan at their recent wedding at the Branford House in Groton,Ct. Everyone was very impressed with the variety, presentation & quality of the food. In addition, the professionalism & friendliness of the entire staff was superior. We were completely satisfied & would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/05/2019

Fantastic caterer!!

From our first meeting, we knew we had to hire David Alan for our wedding at the Branford House. We had done food tastings at a few other caterers and were unimpressed. David Alan blew us away at our tasting and we knew immediately we had found the one. Meghan was fantastic from start to finish. She answered the million questions I had and worked with me through my indecisiveness. We had Robin on the day of the wedding. Robin and the rest of the staff were amazing. Our bridal attendant was right there for anything we needed. The food is fantastic!! We received so many compliments, especially on the sea bass (my personal favorite - I’m still drooling over it) and the prime rib. We had a few chefs at our wedding, so to have them praise the food really tells you how amazing David Alan is. They know the venue well, and worked great with our coordinator and other vendors. I did not worry about a single thing that day! I highly recommend David Alan - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/16/2019

David Alan Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you so much! We were thrilled to be able to help you both and wish you much love and success!!!
  • Shannon

Shannon O'Keefe · Married on 09/29/2019

Dream come true!

DAHG was a dream come true! The service, the food, the atmosphere was impeccable. I am so thankful that we hired them for our wedding vendor. They were easy to work with, listened to all of our questions and ideas, we're flexible and truly brought our vision to fruition. We got so many compliments on how nice the tables looked, the attention to detail the entire night, and most importantly, how tasty the food was!
    As the bride, our bridal attendant was beyond compare. My husband and I joked at how we were going to take him home. I felt so loved and comforted this entire process. I would highly recommend these caterers to anyone. Thank you so so so so much team!!

David Alan Hospitality Group 6
    Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki B · Married on 09/21/2019

Made our wedding day so easy!

Working with Meghan and team was amazing. She was extremely responsive to my emails, answered my many questions, worked within our budget and was able to make our vision for the day come to life! Her team went above and beyond in so many ways, from our bridal attendant Nate who anticipated our every need (and more!) on the day to Robin, our D.O.C who took on tasks above and beyond. We said several times throughout the process "how would we have done this without David Alan?" They were the perfect vendor for our perfect day.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Carlee

Carlee · Married on 09/01/2019

David Alan's staff are amazing!

David Alan was amazing! They completely exceeded my expectations on the day of our wedding! I had a few displays that I wanted set up a certain way (that I was very worried about) that they completely took care of, the food was amazing (all our guests were raving about it!), and everything went smoothly with their help! They were very accommodating- they allowed us to bring some local beer and other beverages we wanted served and served them for us! Carley, who took are of us leading up to and on the day of, was very responsive and made us feel at ease! Rebecca, my bridal attendant on the day of, was so helpful in making sure that we got food and drinks on our busy day. She was also the one who worked on set-up for my displays that came out exactly how I wanted (thank you!). David Alan employs very attentive and helpful staff that work very hard to make your day go as planned! Thank you all!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2019

What didn't they do for us?! Could not have done our day without them!!

David Allen Catering could have not been any better. We wanted a Sunday vegetarian brunch wedding and they more than delivered. They had a menu fully customizable to what we wanted. We even found cute looking food on Pinterest and there was nothing they said could not do. Also, the tasting was amazing. So professional. Gave us the feel our guests would feel the day of. The whole process with DAC was nothing less than perfect. We also chose to do Day-of-Coordination through DAC and we honestly think that was the best thing we ever did for our wedding! Robin was our guru she knew everything and really guided us through complicated wedding planning.She also coordinated a great rehearsal. Our whole wedding party and family was so impressed with her professionalism and knowledge. Plus, she is super fun and nice! She ran the show the day of the wedding. She made sure everything was set up perfectly and the day ran smoothly. Also, shoutout to the best bridal attendant Taylor! She was with us the whole wedding to get us whatever we needed or wanted while smiling the entire time. We love her! The team took care of the wedding from start to finish. From setting up exactly how we wanted it to breaking everything down gently at the end of the night and making sure everything got home safe and sound. They even brought back items from our wedding to their office so we did not have to worry about it until a few days after when we could pick it up. We love all DAC and are so lucky to have had them on our wedding day! We cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 09/27/2019

David Alan Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you so much for this review. We are forever grateful for having had the opportunity to serve you and the entire family/guests. We wish you much success and happiness!!

Danielle · Married on 08/03/2019

Hire them!

There are no words to describe how wonderful it was working with the David Alan team leading up to the wedding. Meghan was extremely easy to communicate with and always responsive, offering recommendations, and options for us to choose from (even when we were a year out!). The whole team (Robin, Katrina) are so friendly and helpful, they made the day-of an absolute breeze, I did not worry about a thing and it all turned out exactly as we discussed (and better than we could have hoped for). The food was amazing, we got so many compliments. Their package deals are great value for the amazing quality you receive (cocktail hour options, dinner menu, desserts & cake, retals, etc.) Doing everything through them was the best decision we made. There is no way the day would have run as smoothly without them there! We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Alexis Frederick · Married on 07/05/2019

DAC delivers above and beyond expectations

Meghan & DAC team absolutely blew us away for our wedding this past July. I communicated with Meghan regularly leading up to our wedding and she was an absolute *dream* to work with. She responds almost instantly to EVERY email (and boy did I email her a lot!) she handles things very quickly. When we met for our first touch base/ planning details, I left our meeting feeling so confident that we were in the best hands, and that is the absolute truth. Working with DAC was seamless, reassuring, and it was enjoyable. Meghan answered all my questions before I even got to ask them and she even wrapped up final details with some of my other wedding vendors the week prior so I didn’t even have to worry about it. Robin was also a pleasure to work with the day of! She kept the show running and running well! We are forever grateful to have worked with such an incredible caterer and even better people. We would recommend them over and over and over again. Thank you for making what can be very stressful, very easy and ENJOYABLE!! You guys are the best in the business.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Katrina Savage · Married on 05/25/2019

You need this vendor!

Where do I even begin with how great this company is. From the initial tasting to all the communication working with David Alan was easy and flexible. Meghan helped me stick to my budget/work with the menu I wanted when other caterers were not at all flexible. Katie the day of bridal attendant was a gift from god. She made sure everything was running smoothly and handled everything with ease and grace. She kept making sure I was alright throughout the event and if there was anything I needed. She also came by herself to help set up the day before the wedding. I was anticipating doing all that myself and when I saw all the work she had done by herself I was completely blown away. She made the day go off without a hitch. These guys go above and beyond what any other caterer would do. Oh and our specialty cocktails were the best!!! Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Ronald M Ryder · Married on 05/25/2019

A Dream Come True!

David Alan's food selection and professional staff made our wedding a dream come true. Every single person at the wedding complimented the food. The customized packages make it possible for you to make the wedding menu of your dreams. The open bar had great selection as well. Highly recommend the day of catering package as well.

Sent on 06/15/2019

David Alan Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to help you! Best wishes to the future!!
  • Clara

Clara · Married on 05/11/2019

Excellent food and service

I am so glad I used David Alan for our wedding. The food and the wedding cake were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Katie was our coordinator and we cannot believe how amazing she was on our day. She made sure we were able to enjoy some drinks and appetizers during our cocktail hour. She made our day flow perfectly. I honestly didn't expect her to go above and beyond for us. Thank you Katie and the rest of the David Alan Team.

David Alan Hospitality Group 7
    David Alan Hospitality Group 8
    David Alan Hospitality Group 9
    David Alan Hospitality Group 10
    David Alan Hospitality Group 11
    Sent on 05/29/2019

Casey · Married on 10/21/2018

You don’t need to look anywhere else!

David Alan Catering is the best ever! Meghan was very responsive and worked with us throughout the whole 1.5-2 year process, and we had A LOT of questions. She was so great in helping us work within our budget while choosing excellent menu options. The food was absolutely delicious, guests are still complimenting the menu and meal! Cocktails were delicious and the bartenders were great. The catering/bar is such a big part of the day but David Alan Catering made the whole process enjoyable and I knew I could trust them with our big day. I wholeheartedly recommend them, without reservation!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

The absolute BEST!

David, Meghan, and the entire crew at DAH are absolutely fantastic. Not only is every bit of their food outstanding, so are all of their people! Anything we needed or asked for was taken care of super quick! Meghan is so easy to communicate with and is there to make sure that your wedding is more than perfection. We have been telling all our friends about DAH, and you should too!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Paulette · Married on 09/15/2018

ds cannot express how amazing David Alan Catering is in every aspect of the business! The food is incredible and the selection was out of this world! They catered our wedding this past weekend and it went off without a hitch! Everyone raved about the food from the cocktail hour through dessert! People are still talking about how much they enjoyed the food! Meghan is so professional and was able to anticipate our needs throughout the planning process! David was kind and took the time to get to know us leading up to the wedding! The day of the wedding, the entire staff was courteous and friendly and they all felt like a part of our friends and family! Rebecca was our bridal attendant and she rocked it! She did not miss a beat! Thank you sooooo much to everyone! Meghan you are a star!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Kim · Married on 09/15/2018

We loved working with David Alan Catering! The food was absolutely delicious! They worked with us to make our day exactly what we wanted, by using dining ware I had collected to use and even tweaking the menu to help fit our budget! They also did a fabulous job helping set up for the day of! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

DAVID ALAN CATERING IS THE BEST, HANDS DOWN. Catering is such a big part of any wedding, especially budget-wise and our experience with David Alan was worth every penny. Our wedding was absolutely amazing and people were RAVING about the food. Meghan helped us to create an awesome menu that showed off our personal style and background. Through the whole process, Meghan was extremely responsive and accommodating... and organized, which we greatly appreciated. Our tastings were phenomenal, and the chef even went above and beyond to give my flower girl special treats. Day of, Robin and Rebecca made sure that everything went smoothly - they were attentive, professional, and helped us to stay "in the moment" on our special day. Literally could not thank them more. Kind of wishing we could get married again so we can have their food again.... !!!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/25/2018

David Alan Catering was amazing! We hired them for our August 25 wedding and everything was perfect. From the tasting, to the communications in the months leading up to the event, they were so attentive, helpful and professional. They almost double as a wedding planner, making sure everything has been carefully thought out ahead of time, and providing us with a bridal attendant the day of to keep everything on schedule. And the food was incredible! We still have people commenting on how amazing the food at our wedding was (especially the carving station and mashed potatoes). They made the entire day go so smoothly and we could not have asked for a better caterer, especially at such a reasonable price. I would highly recommend them to anyone, without hesitation.

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 08/18/2018

We used David Alan for both catering and planning. Meghan is AMAZING! She was extremely helpful, and down to earth which was so beneficial for a planning a wedding. I gave Meghan all control over decor as we did not live in the state we were getting married in. I was never once nervous about anything that day knowing Meghan and her team were there to handle anything. The bridal attendees were incredible, they were always there with drinks and apps for myself and the groom, along with our family. They even helped with my grandmother who was having a hard time walking in the field. The food was amazing especially the lobster rolls and the potato bar.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mike · Married on 07/29/2018

Perfect in every way

David Alan made the entire day go smooth, we couldn't have asked for a better caterer. They took care of all the little details and made the day go so smooth.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Emma · Married on 06/30/2018

David Alan catering both catered and coordinated our wedding. I seriously don't know what we would've done without them! We had a very tight budget and the staff at David Alan were very helpful in making sure everything was within budget. We also were planning everything for our Connecticut wedding, while living in Philadelphia! The staff was very accommodating to make our schedules work with the tasting, site visits, and over-the-phone meetings. Our coordinator, Margot, was on top of everything and was very understanding when I went a little bride crazy the month before.

On the day-of, Margot had every detail squared away for us, and did not hesitate to help us when some details went out the window! I am sure our crazy families and friends stressed her out, but she never showed it. She just made sure everything went as smoothly as possible.

Not to mention the food! The harvest table and s'mores station were even more delicious than we thought they would be.... I think the s'mores station kind of stole the show at the end of the night. The salad and dinner courses were beyond delicious, and served with very big portions. My family (which is mostly Cuban) could not get enough of the Sofrito roasted pork and mashed yucca, which says a lot about the quality and authenticity of the menu at David Alan Catering.

We were very happy with David Alan Catering and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone having a special event in Connecticut!

Sent on 08/04/2018
  • Q

Quincy · Married on 06/23/2018

As two people living in Austin, Texas, when it came to planning our wedding, food was a top priority. To say that David Alan Catering delivered is an understatement! We wanted the food to be comfortable, approachable, and high-quality. From the pulled pork and mac and cheese appetizer (my personal favorite) to the parmesan crusted chicken, every morsel was perfection—not a small feat when cooking for an entire wedding.

I have to give a special shoutout to Rachael, who fielded every crazy email of mine for months. She answered all my questions and made sure I felt totally comfortable with each decision. She was also my day-of coordinator! We couldn't have done the day without her quick and assertive decision-making (like when it started raining right before I started walking down the aisle, and I thought we could just keep going... hahahaha nope). She rocked it out, eight months pregnant and all.

I am SO glad we worked with David Alan. With a team like theirs, I knew that I had nothing to worry about for my wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Morgan · Married on 06/15/2018

David Alan Catering was fantastic. They were so together and detailed-oriented I never worried a second about something going wrong. The food not only tasted great, but they put a lot of thought into the menu and the presentation of the food. They also did my bar and cake - both were fantastic and it was so nice to have a vendor that could do all three instead of different vendors to manage each piece. On top of it all, they were one of the more fair prices I received when researching caterers. They are worth every penny and more!
    P.S. Meghan L is a superstar... I would email some pretty random questions and she always got back to me at a truly impressive rate. THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Stefanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Great service and food!

Working with David Alan as my caterer was the best experience. We had a backyard reception and they were extremely prepared and made the whole process very easy. Meghan was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had no matter how silly I thought they were. Her presence at the wedding no doubt helped things run smoothly. Our bridal attendant was amazing and always available if we needed everything. Not to mention that the food was delicious! From our first tasting I knew we had to go with David Alan as our caterer. The creativity of the meals were a nice touch and they were great with working with us to make adjustments; even making sure my gluten free maid of honor could have the entree of her choice. Couldn't recommend David Alan Hospitality more!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Susan · Married on 05/26/2018

We booked with David Alan Catering for our wedding and it was absolutely one of the best decisions we made! The food was absolutely delicious to the point that we had wedding guests reaching out to us after the wedding asking about the company. David Alan staff was fantastic and truly catered to our every need both during the wedding planning process and on the day of the wedding! They were extremely professional, helpful and truly went above and beyond for us! I would highly recommend David Alan for any of your catering needs as I myself plan on looking to them for any future catered events!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Christopher · Married on 05/20/2018

They were amazing. Prepared and Professional. No nonsense and very experienced. The food was not only great but the presentation was impressive. They have helpful suggestions and let there work speak for itself ... no pandering or hard sell.

Sent on 03/24/2017