David Alan Hospitality Group Reviews

David Alan Hospitality Group 5
David Alan Hospitality Group 6
David Alan Hospitality Group 7

Alexis Frederick · Married on 07/05/2019

DAC delivers above and beyond expectations

Meghan & DAC team absolutely blew us away for our wedding this past July. I communicated with Meghan regularly leading up to our wedding and she was an absolute *dream* to work with. She responds almost instantly to EVERY email (and boy did I email her a lot!) she handles things very quickly. When we met for our first touch base/ planning details, I left our meeting feeling so confident that we were in the best hands, and that is the absolute truth. Working with DAC was seamless, reassuring, and it was enjoyable. Meghan answered all my questions before I even got to ask them and she even wrapped up final details with some of my other wedding vendors the week prior so I didn’t even have to worry about it. Robin was also a pleasure to work with the day of! She kept the show running and running well! We are forever grateful to have worked with such an incredible caterer and even better people. We would recommend them over and over and over again. Thank you for making what can be very stressful, very easy and ENJOYABLE!! You guys are the best in the business.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Katrina Savage · Married on 05/25/2019

You need this vendor!

Where do I even begin with how great this company is. From the initial tasting to all the communication working with David Alan was easy and flexible. Meghan helped me stick to my budget/work with the menu I wanted when other caterers were not at all flexible. Katie the day of bridal attendant was a gift from god. She made sure everything was running smoothly and handled everything with ease and grace. She kept making sure I was alright throughout the event and if there was anything I needed. She also came by herself to help set up the day before the wedding. I was anticipating doing all that myself and when I saw all the work she had done by herself I was completely blown away. She made the day go off without a hitch. These guys go above and beyond what any other caterer would do. Oh and our specialty cocktails were the best!!! Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Ronald M Ryder · Married on 05/25/2019

A Dream Come True!

David Alan's food selection and professional staff made our wedding a dream come true. Every single person at the wedding complimented the food. The customized packages make it possible for you to make the wedding menu of your dreams. The open bar had great selection as well. Highly recommend the day of catering package as well.

Sent on 06/15/2019

David Alan Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to help you! Best wishes to the future!!
  • Clara

Clara · Married on 05/11/2019

Excellent food and service

I am so glad I used David Alan for our wedding. The food and the wedding cake were delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Katie was our coordinator and we cannot believe how amazing she was on our day. She made sure we were able to enjoy some drinks and appetizers during our cocktail hour. She made our day flow perfectly. I honestly didn't expect her to go above and beyond for us. Thank you Katie and the rest of the David Alan Team.

Sent on 05/29/2019
    David Alan Hospitality Group 8
    David Alan Hospitality Group 9
    David Alan Hospitality Group 10
    David Alan Hospitality Group 11
    David Alan Hospitality Group 12

Casey · Married on 10/21/2018

You don’t need to look anywhere else!

David Alan Catering is the best ever! Meghan was very responsive and worked with us throughout the whole 1.5-2 year process, and we had A LOT of questions. She was so great in helping us work within our budget while choosing excellent menu options. The food was absolutely delicious, guests are still complimenting the menu and meal! Cocktails were delicious and the bartenders were great. The catering/bar is such a big part of the day but David Alan Catering made the whole process enjoyable and I knew I could trust them with our big day. I wholeheartedly recommend them, without reservation!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

The absolute BEST!

David, Meghan, and the entire crew at DAH are absolutely fantastic. Not only is every bit of their food outstanding, so are all of their people! Anything we needed or asked for was taken care of super quick! Meghan is so easy to communicate with and is there to make sure that your wedding is more than perfection. We have been telling all our friends about DAH, and you should too!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Paulette · Married on 09/15/2018

ds cannot express how amazing David Alan Catering is in every aspect of the business! The food is incredible and the selection was out of this world! They catered our wedding this past weekend and it went off without a hitch! Everyone raved about the food from the cocktail hour through dessert! People are still talking about how much they enjoyed the food! Meghan is so professional and was able to anticipate our needs throughout the planning process! David was kind and took the time to get to know us leading up to the wedding! The day of the wedding, the entire staff was courteous and friendly and they all felt like a part of our friends and family! Rebecca was our bridal attendant and she rocked it! She did not miss a beat! Thank you sooooo much to everyone! Meghan you are a star!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Kim · Married on 09/15/2018

We loved working with David Alan Catering! The food was absolutely delicious! They worked with us to make our day exactly what we wanted, by using dining ware I had collected to use and even tweaking the menu to help fit our budget! They also did a fabulous job helping set up for the day of! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

DAVID ALAN CATERING IS THE BEST, HANDS DOWN. Catering is such a big part of any wedding, especially budget-wise and our experience with David Alan was worth every penny. Our wedding was absolutely amazing and people were RAVING about the food. Meghan helped us to create an awesome menu that showed off our personal style and background. Through the whole process, Meghan was extremely responsive and accommodating... and organized, which we greatly appreciated. Our tastings were phenomenal, and the chef even went above and beyond to give my flower girl special treats. Day of, Robin and Rebecca made sure that everything went smoothly - they were attentive, professional, and helped us to stay "in the moment" on our special day. Literally could not thank them more. Kind of wishing we could get married again so we can have their food again.... !!!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/25/2018

David Alan Catering was amazing! We hired them for our August 25 wedding and everything was perfect. From the tasting, to the communications in the months leading up to the event, they were so attentive, helpful and professional. They almost double as a wedding planner, making sure everything has been carefully thought out ahead of time, and providing us with a bridal attendant the day of to keep everything on schedule. And the food was incredible! We still have people commenting on how amazing the food at our wedding was (especially the carving station and mashed potatoes). They made the entire day go so smoothly and we could not have asked for a better caterer, especially at such a reasonable price. I would highly recommend them to anyone, without hesitation.

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 08/18/2018

We used David Alan for both catering and planning. Meghan is AMAZING! She was extremely helpful, and down to earth which was so beneficial for a planning a wedding. I gave Meghan all control over decor as we did not live in the state we were getting married in. I was never once nervous about anything that day knowing Meghan and her team were there to handle anything. The bridal attendees were incredible, they were always there with drinks and apps for myself and the groom, along with our family. They even helped with my grandmother who was having a hard time walking in the field. The food was amazing especially the lobster rolls and the potato bar.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mike · Married on 07/29/2018

Perfect in every way

David Alan made the entire day go smooth, we couldn't have asked for a better caterer. They took care of all the little details and made the day go so smooth.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Emma · Married on 06/30/2018

David Alan catering both catered and coordinated our wedding. I seriously don't know what we would've done without them! We had a very tight budget and the staff at David Alan were very helpful in making sure everything was within budget. We also were planning everything for our Connecticut wedding, while living in Philadelphia! The staff was very accommodating to make our schedules work with the tasting, site visits, and over-the-phone meetings. Our coordinator, Margot, was on top of everything and was very understanding when I went a little bride crazy the month before.

On the day-of, Margot had every detail squared away for us, and did not hesitate to help us when some details went out the window! I am sure our crazy families and friends stressed her out, but she never showed it. She just made sure everything went as smoothly as possible.

Not to mention the food! The harvest table and s'mores station were even more delicious than we thought they would be.... I think the s'mores station kind of stole the show at the end of the night. The salad and dinner courses were beyond delicious, and served with very big portions. My family (which is mostly Cuban) could not get enough of the Sofrito roasted pork and mashed yucca, which says a lot about the quality and authenticity of the menu at David Alan Catering.

We were very happy with David Alan Catering and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone having a special event in Connecticut!

Sent on 08/04/2018
  • Q

Quincy · Married on 06/23/2018

As two people living in Austin, Texas, when it came to planning our wedding, food was a top priority. To say that David Alan Catering delivered is an understatement! We wanted the food to be comfortable, approachable, and high-quality. From the pulled pork and mac and cheese appetizer (my personal favorite) to the parmesan crusted chicken, every morsel was perfection—not a small feat when cooking for an entire wedding.

I have to give a special shoutout to Rachael, who fielded every crazy email of mine for months. She answered all my questions and made sure I felt totally comfortable with each decision. She was also my day-of coordinator! We couldn't have done the day without her quick and assertive decision-making (like when it started raining right before I started walking down the aisle, and I thought we could just keep going... hahahaha nope). She rocked it out, eight months pregnant and all.

I am SO glad we worked with David Alan. With a team like theirs, I knew that I had nothing to worry about for my wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Morgan · Married on 06/15/2018

David Alan Catering was fantastic. They were so together and detailed-oriented I never worried a second about something going wrong. The food not only tasted great, but they put a lot of thought into the menu and the presentation of the food. They also did my bar and cake - both were fantastic and it was so nice to have a vendor that could do all three instead of different vendors to manage each piece. On top of it all, they were one of the more fair prices I received when researching caterers. They are worth every penny and more!
    P.S. Meghan L is a superstar... I would email some pretty random questions and she always got back to me at a truly impressive rate. THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Stefanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Great service and food!

Working with David Alan as my caterer was the best experience. We had a backyard reception and they were extremely prepared and made the whole process very easy. Meghan was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had no matter how silly I thought they were. Her presence at the wedding no doubt helped things run smoothly. Our bridal attendant was amazing and always available if we needed everything. Not to mention that the food was delicious! From our first tasting I knew we had to go with David Alan as our caterer. The creativity of the meals were a nice touch and they were great with working with us to make adjustments; even making sure my gluten free maid of honor could have the entree of her choice. Couldn't recommend David Alan Hospitality more!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Susan · Married on 05/26/2018

We booked with David Alan Catering for our wedding and it was absolutely one of the best decisions we made! The food was absolutely delicious to the point that we had wedding guests reaching out to us after the wedding asking about the company. David Alan staff was fantastic and truly catered to our every need both during the wedding planning process and on the day of the wedding! They were extremely professional, helpful and truly went above and beyond for us! I would highly recommend David Alan for any of your catering needs as I myself plan on looking to them for any future catered events!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Christopher · Married on 05/20/2018

They were amazing. Prepared and Professional. No nonsense and very experienced. The food was not only great but the presentation was impressive. They have helpful suggestions and let there work speak for itself ... no pandering or hard sell.

Sent on 03/24/2017

Christina · Married on 10/21/2017

David Alan Catering goes above and beyond to make any event a dream come true! The staff has such wonderful attention to detail making sure even the smallest thing doesn’t go unnoticed. Their ability to turn any idea into more than you could ever imagine is unbelievable. The food is out of this world and they took an already beautiful venue and made it even more spectacular. No request is too big and no detail is too small. David Alan isn’t just your caterer, but they are basically your event planner for any occasion. They make you feel part of their family treating each event in a unique and customized way to fit your needs. If you can dream it, they can make it happen!

Sent on 01/19/2018
  • Elexismc

Elexis · Married on 10/14/2017

When I contacted Meghan at David Alan over 2 years ago, I was just in the beginning stages of planning our wedding. Over the following two years, she was there to answer all the crazy questions I had, and responded with professionalism as well as a little humor to keep me calm and let me know I wasn’t becoming a crazy bride! When our wedding day finally came on 10/14, every single thing was perfect. Our guests loved the food and went back for seconds(and some of them went back for thirds!) we got so many compliments from the appetizers all the way to the desserts,and everything in between. The staff was very friendly and constantly checking in with us to make sure WE were all set which was a very nice thing to have. You always hear you don’t eat on your wedding day and regret it, they made sure this was not an issue! I highly recommend them for any event, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Helen · Married on 10/07/2017

I just love this company, the food is out of this world, the staff were amazing as was my wedding coordinator Robin. David Alan was recommended to me by WT Rental (another 5 star vendor) and it was an absolute pleasure working with them. Robin understood our budget and worked with us on what we were trying to achieve. The end result was amazing and we could not have had a better day. Thank you David Alan and team!

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • StokedToBeASaucier

Sara · Married on 09/09/2017

It is difficult to describe how incredible our experience was working with David Alan Catering. We were married at the Wadsworth and met with a number of their preferred caterers before we met with David Alan. We were not impressed with any of the caterers until we met with David Alan. From our first talk, Meghan was exceptional. She helped us create an Italian-inspired menu, which was delicious, and was incredibly flexible with their pricing. We were so used to wedding food tasting like ... well, not great wedding food. Then we had our tasting with David Alan and we're completely blown away. Every single thing that they made at our tasting was incredibly delicious and we began dreaming about the day we could have their amazing food again! Later in the process, we ended up meeting with Blair, and fell in love with her cake and booked them for our cake as well! Unfortunately, I didn't get to eat any cake on our wedding night (too busy dancing) but I am looking forward to eating our top tier on our first anniversary.

The day of the wedding, I woke up calm knowing that David Alan would make our day perfect. The day of coordinator was incredible and made our vision a reality. The tables and decor were perfection and I fell in love with everything that they put together.

I had numerous guests tell me that their waitress and waiter was very quick to provide them whatever they needed. I heard so many compliments regarding the meal - especially the pasta station during cocktail hour, and the eggplant dish at dinner! The entire night was a success. Thank you, David Alan Catering and Meghan!!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Matthew · Married on 09/03/2017

We are foodies. We also come from families that like to overfeed people—multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts are staples of holiday dinners. It’s not uncommon for family members to walk away from dinners with towers of Tupperware containing delicious leftovers. Given all of this, there was no question that we wanted amazing and plentiful food at our wedding.

An additional obstacle: our venue provided nothing other than the space, so everything (chairs, tables, lights!) was rented—greatly adding to our budget. We also wanted to have a 9-hour wedding, meaning feeding our guests for a long stretch of the day and within an already bursting budget.

When our wedding planner led us to Meghan at David Alan Hospitality, we knew we had found the right match for our unique event. From the time of our first tasting, everything was low pressure and always impressive. Meghan was fast to offer alternatives, and suggestions as we happily tasted our way through barbecue brisket, lobster rolls, dumplings, cakes, and cookies.

In the following months, as other decisions about the wedding became solidified, necessitating additions and edits to our original menu, Meghan was responsive and always open to working with us to ensure that we would get exactly what we wanted while keeping our 175 guests happy. As is common, there were also guests with specific food restrictions: gluten free, vegan, etc. Meghan worked with us to ensure that everyone was well fed and taken care of as we sang, danced, and partied the day away.

For dinner, we had asked different loved ones to provide tablecloths from their homes to honor the places where we have celebrated different events. We wrote in our wedding program that we wanted each table to evoke the warmth of a family meal. Having David Alan as your caterer feels like that: the love of a really good and tasty family gathering.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Ryan · Married on 07/29/2017

Working with David Alan Catering was a wonderful experience. To have such skilled professionals who provided assistance with everything from choosing the menu to setting up our centerpieces and decorations to the excellent servers, bartenders, and chefs; we are so thankful to have worked with them. Meghan was extremely helpful with maintaining a lot of the detailed portions of our day. She was extremely familiar with the venue at the Branford House and was very responsive through text and email whenever we had questions or concerns, following through on everything flawlessly. All the details were perfect and the day ran so smoothly. The food was amazing and all of our guests loved every moment. David Alan is a wonderful company to work with and we highly recommend experiencing all the wonderful things they have to offer. Thank you for helping make our day possible.

Ryan and Thommy