Daniela Cardili Photography Reviews

36 | Chicago, IL

36 Reviews for Daniela Cardili Photography

• Kelly

Kelly · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Pleasant & seamless experience with beautiful photos!

We had such a wonderful experience working with Daniela for our wedding. At the initial meeting, we knew we wanted to work with her – she was very passionate about photography and her job, as well as very timely, organized, and thorough. This was evident during our engagement session and entire wedding day. Daniela was able to provide an experienced voice, recommending wonderful locations all over the city and making sure we never fell behind schedule. We even added a couple extra spots when she noticed a new background or lighting that she could take advantage of. Her photos are beautiful and do an amazing job capturing the entirety of the day, from all of the traditional, yet special moments, to candid shots between us, friends, and family. As an added bonus, we received our edited engagement photos two days after taking them and all of our wedding photos a month later! We could not have been happier with our decision to have chosen Daniela as our photographer.

Sent on 06/28/2020

Liza · Married on 06/27/2020

Captures Every Emotion

Daniela has been wonderful from her stunning work to traveling last minute to my small home town in Indiana 5 hours away from Chicago so that I could still have the wedding of my dreams during a pandemic. Her work is unbelievable and truly captures the emotions of the day. Any bride would be lucky to have her document your day!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 01/11/2020

The most beautiful wedding portraiture

When searching for a photographer, I knew that I wanted the best and was willing to invest in the best because other than the rings, the photos are the only element of the day that would be with us forever. After seeing Daniela’s eye for beautiful portraiture, I knew she was exactly who I wanted to work with. And we’re lucky enough that she was willing to postpone her annual trip back home to Brazil to shoot our January wedding. We opted to skip the engagement shoot and invest in an album, so I was a little nervous the day of, knowing that the advantage of the engagement shoot was to get comfortable with how a photographer directs their subjects. Daniela arrived early and quickly put us at ease. She’s more quiet than I’m used to photographers being, but like so many have written, that calming demeanor helped us stay relaxed throughout the day. And she got all the shots we requested, even agreeing to play along with a system I devised to get shots of all the couples and friend groups in attendance. My wife and I don’t consider ourselves very photogenic, but the photos are so beautiful that it’s making it almost impossible to narrow our favorite photos down to forty for our album. And I’m confident that we’ll go back in a couple years to do that skipped “engagement” shoot when we want updated portraits!

Sent on 03/08/2020

Katelyn · Married on 06/01/2019

So great, we recommended her!

Daniella is so sweet and an amazing photographer! She took no short cuts and really made sure to get the right shots. She also has a CRAZY quick turnaround time for engagement and wedding photos. She was recommended by our close friends who used her for their wedding. We were so happy with how everything turned out as well, we recommended her to our friends and they're using her too!

Sent on 02/21/2020

Amanda B. · Married on 05/30/2019

Amazing Photos

My wedding photos were amazing, Daniela was very professional and captured our day perfectly. I would without doubt recommend Daniela as she really got to know us to get the best pictures for me and my husband and all our guests.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2018

Stunning Wedding Photos!

I would absolutely recommend Daniela to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.
    I took a look at her portfolio online and was very impressed. I reached out to her to setup an initial meeting and she was very responsive and flexible with her schedule. We had an initial meeting over coffee where she was prompt, professional and friendly and our personalities instantly meshed.
    I got married at an old mansion turned museum where the ceremony and most of the reception was outside. Daniela met me a 2nd time prior to my wedding day to tour the venue to get some ideas of the best spots to take photos. She also wanted to see how the sun would hit the space that time of day to optimize the lighting.
    On the day of the wedding Daniela showed up early and got to work right away. She has a strong yet calming presence which was critical for herding my ADHD infused wedding party. We got our pictures back about 4 weeks after our wedding and they were absolutely stunning! She captured our day perfectly. Her passion definitely shows through her work and she has an incredible eye for detail. I would hire her over and over again :)

Sent on 11/12/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/23/2018

Absolutely loved Daniela! She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process, super flexible, and arrived early to the venue. She was very professional and her work speaks for itself. Very high quality. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • MaryAgnes

Maryagnes · Married on 08/25/2018

Magically Captured

Daniela and her team magically captured every moment of our day!!! She was so much fun n and I absolutely loved working with her!!! There are so many amazing pictures we are having a hard time narrowing them down for the beautiful custom book that she creates... we may end u with a few volumes!!! Our engagement shoot was a blast as well and we now have lots of fabulous memories from the Best Day of My Life!!! I highly recommend Daniela as she is not not fun to work with, but she captures magic through her lense!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Meredith · Married on 06/23/2018

Daniela was a pleasure to work with. She was professional and responsive throughout the entire process, and captured really beautiful moments from our wedding day. We received our photos sooner than expected, and she even included a slide show for us to enjoy. Thank you again to Daniela for all your help in making our wedding day a success!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Tania · Married on 05/26/2018

Just WOW! We are beyond thankful to Daniela for her incredible talent. What a truly unforgettable experience she provided us during our Engagement Photo session! We are overwhelmed with emotion and cannot put into words the amount of joy and elation we feel after receiving the product--but we can certainly say that we cannot wait for her to capture our big day! ?? We have received countless compliments from absolutely everybody, and it's true, the photos are just jaw-droppingly gorgeous. We can't express our appreciation and joy enough! She is an absolute pleasure to work with and I feel so thankful to have found her and have her in charge of the most important event in our lives!

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/26/2018

We are so grateful that Daniela was our wedding photographer! My husband and I felt comfortable with her from our very first conversation, and knew she would be the perfect person to capture our Memorial Day Weekend wedding! Daniela was familiar with the venue and the surrounding neighborhood, and she selected beautiful backdrops for the first look, bridal party and family pictures. She was calm, organized and kept us on or ahead of schedule. Daniela captured beautiful and intimate pictures and we cannot wait for our album to arrive! We even decided to order albums for both sets of parents since we were so pleased with the pictures! We highly recommend Daniela to any prospective couples.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Janie · Married on 09/16/2017

We absolutely loved working with Daniela. Both my husband and I were nervous about getting in front of the camera, but after the engagement session I knew we were in great hands. She was so helpful with working out the timeline of the wedding day and had great ideas for where to take our bridal party pictures. The day of the wedding she and her assistant did such a good job of capturing not only the portraits, but the candid moments. She created a slideshow of her favorite photos from the wedding, and my husband and I both couldn't control our tears- the photos were so beautiful! They more than exceeded our expectations. Picking 50 for the photo album was so hard because there were so many amazing photos!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

We could not have been happier to work with Daniela for our wedding! My groom is a photographer, so it was his job to select candidates for us. Daniela wowed him first, and then when the three of us met...we talked for over two hours! Daniela is so lovely and kind and amazingly calming (says a frazzled bride), and she was all of those things through the entire process - including with all the characters at our wedding! I cannot recommend this woman enough as a person...and believe me, you want to work with someone you like! And, of course, we LOVE her work! Our pictures came out GORGEOUS!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Brittany · Married on 08/12/2017

We are so glad we had Daniela photograph our wedding! We loved getting to know her during our engagement session and felt so comfortable knowing she would be the one capturing our big day. On our wedding day she was on time, professional, organized, and helped make everything run smooth--even with a very large bridal party! She was great at directing us with poses for pictures and captured many wedding details in her photos. I'm so thankful I have these photos to look back on and remember our day. The hardest part is now deciding which photos are our favorite, because we love them all!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/17/2017

Daniela is a true artist and an expert in her field. My husband and I are beyond grateful she was our wedding photographer and absolutely love our photos. We are still amazed at the quality and quantity of photos she took. Not only did Daniela make us feel and look our best, but she also captured our loved ones at their best. Her photos are timeless and you'll notice that all of her brides look so happy in their photos, which is a true testament to Daniela's wonderful personality. Her calm demeanor puts you at ease and allows you to truly enjoy such an important day. At the same time she is extremely detail oriented and knows exactly which angle and what lighting is most flattering on her clients. Beyond her artistic eye, she is also very organized. She made the family portraits session run seamlessly, and even reminded me of certain photos I wanted that I would have otherwise forgotten to take. At your wedding you cannot possible take every moment in, which is why hiring your photographer is such an important decision to make. Daniela captured so many memories I would have otherwise missed, and as the day went by so quickly her photos helped me relive some of my favorite moments. I would recommend Daniela to anyone looking for a photographer. It will be the best decision you make.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Julie · Married on 03/11/2017

Daniela is an artist and she captured the spirit of our wedding. Before meeting her, I looked at the pictures on her website and they were some of the most beautiful wedding pictures I've seen. When Dan and I met Daniela in person, we were hooked. She worked with our budget. She photographed our engagement photos as well. I'm pretty camera shy and feel so awkward when posing. She was professional and also made us feel very comfortable during the engagement photos. At the wedding, she took amazing portraits of our family and guests. Her candid pictures showed joy and love! She only shared the good ones! She was positive and encouraging. She was also subtle and most of the time I didn't even realize she was taking photos. I love the pictures she took of my bouquet and the reception room as well. She captured us talking with our guests. And she photographed our friends and family having a great time! She was also patient with us, because we didn't always respond in a timely fashion. She was forgiving of my mistakes.

I'm so grateful she was our photographer!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Mingchao · Married on 09/24/2016

My wife and I are so pleased to work with Daniela. She and her team are true professional and most importantly their quality of work is just amazing. I always believed that only photos can really capture and save all the great memories during our wedding day. Therefore we are super picky about which photographer we would like to work with. Daniela is easily the best candidate to choose. After working with her, we were even confirmed that we made the best choice in our entire wedding planning process. She is kind, responsible and super flexible. I will recommend her to any of my friends for their big day too.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Vanessa · Married on 07/30/2016

My overall experience with Daniela, starting with the first email, has been nothing but outstanding. I only had to meet her and knew she was the photographer for us. The photos in her portfolio are exceptionally beautiful and artistic and I knew that she would do a good job for us. Not only did she manage to capture the most important moments at our wedding, but she did an amazing job making sure to get photos of all of our guests at the reception. All of my guests kept on complimenting her throughout the night. When I looked through the photos she took of my wedding day, there was so much detail that I felt like I was reliving all the special moments. And finally, not only did Daniela communicate with me from the day we first met until the day of our wedding, but she followed up with results within 3 weeks of our event. My husband and I have really high expectations, but Daniela exceeded them and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for exceptional journalistic wedding photos. Working with her will make you feel like you're working with an old friend.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Brooke · Married on 07/22/2016

Daniela was absolutely wonderful to work with. She did my engagement and wedding photos and I could not be happier. She made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable and the pictures are amazing! If you are looking for a photographer, Daniela is the person!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Dan · Married on 07/03/2016

Daniela is the most gifted photographer I have ever worked with. It is clear in her work that she has years of knowledge, experience, and a great fundamental background in photography. She has a great eye for staging photographs, and has extraordinary attention to detail when it comes to lighting. All of the pictures we got back were incredible and truly captured a moment in time in our lives at our wedding. Daniela was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very flexible and willing to customize things to our needs. The turnaround time on the pictures was way less than expected; she even sent us a “best of” slideshow before all of the pictures were released. I felt so honored to work with someone who has such a passion for the art of photography, and am glad I choose Daniela to photograph one of the biggest days of my life.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Daniela is professional, patient, and kind. She has a great sense of photography and her style is simply what we like. When shooting our wedding, we feel her passion was not about merely finishing a task but about making an artwork for us and for herself. She provided us great suggestions on shooting spots in Chicago. A couple of weeks before our wedding, she paid a visit with us to the actual church where we were going to have the ceremony. After the wedding, she very soon provided us first the low-resolution and then the complete set of high-resolution photos. We like the photos very much. All though the process of communication (email & phone), she's been very responsive and always met our demands as quickly and well as she can. We would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Emily · Married on 08/15/2015

Daniela is such an extraordinary talent! She shot both our engagement and wedding photos, we couldn't be happier with the results. I was so impressed with her attention to subtlety and detail, her professionalism, as well as her ability to capture a moment with such skill and ease. Her photos can almost speak - they are such a genuine reflection of personality, emotion, and events. Not only do I love all of the posed photos of our wedding and our guests, but I equally treasure the candid photos she took -- some of them are very touching and moving while others are hilarious and fun. I can't say enough about Daniela and her exceptional photography, my husband and I are so grateful to her for capturing our wedding day and making it truly special!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Alicia · Married on 06/13/2015

Daniela Cardili shot our engagement and wedding photos this past year. Upon meeting her for the first time we knew she was perfect fit for us. She made the whole process of picking a photographer stress free. Any questions I had she would answer right away either by phone or email. Daniela has a very calm and patient demeanor, she listened to all our “wants” yet provided her expertise to capture the perfect shot. On the day of our wedding, Daniela took the time to get to know the families and wedding party, which made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. She also captured some amazing picture of our dog! Daniela also had a partner working along side her, she was also very professional and captured the side action shots that turned out great. My husband and I are could not be happier with how everything turned out. She was beyond great to work with and would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 08/01/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2014

Daniela has a true talent and passion for her work. She is very professional and loving at the same time. Our wedding photos came out even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. She was able to capture all of the magical moments! Our guests continue to comment on how wonderful our photographer was. We are so thankful for Daniela and how relaxed she made us feel on our big day, and it truly shows in the photos. When we received our wedding album from Daniela, we were blown away! Truly breath taking! Our photos documented the entire day and evening. We will be able to treasure them and "re-live" our wedding each time we look at them. I am so glad that we chose Daniela, and we highly recommend her to our friends and family and everyone! Thank you Daniela for such an amazing job. We love you and the photos you captured!

Sent on 07/20/2015