Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden Reviews

47 Reviews for Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden

• Samantha

Samantha Stewart · Married on 11/16/2019

Perfect wedding venue

Had my wedding there and everyone has been so accommodating and thoughtful. Beautiful place that takes my breath away every time I visit.
    I am so happy that we choose Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden for our event. Every corner is a picturesque scene. I'm so excited to go back and visit for our 1 month anniversary and see their Christmas decorations. Amy and Kayla (event coordinators) were fantastic and made our wedding everything we could have dreamed of and more! Even if you are not doing an event here, go visit...it's a hidden gem!

Sent on 11/28/2019

Tyleshia · Married on 09/15/2017

Tierney and the staff at DSBG were amazing throughout the entire process! You definitely get quality when you book this venue

Sent on 03/03/2017

Alex · Married on 04/07/2017

Katy was a pleasure to work with! She was friendly, accommodating, and responsive to all of my questions and helped us from start to finish with the whole stressful wedding planning process. Everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding because of her and the venue is absolutely beautiful! Our guests truly enjoyed touring the gardens after the ceremony.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Kevin · Married on 10/22/2016

This was a beautiful location, and they were immensely helpful in choosing vendors. We had a lovely daytime ceremony in the white garden. Everyone was super helpful, and worked with us to get the perfect ceremony at a price that fit perfectly in our budget. All of the vendors we chose had done multiple events at the location and were very familiar with their operations. Truly professional and helped us make the perfect day for ourselves and out guests.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Chandni · Married on 04/03/2016

We had our wedding at DSBG in April and it was perfect for our morning ceremony and lunch reception. Prior to booking the garden we looked at about 8 other venues - we fell in love with the garden on our first visit. It’s a unique space in the metro Charlotte area - our guests had a great time and were blown away with the venue. DSBG staff were very accommodating and easy to work with - highly recommended!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Kim · Married on 11/29/2015

A Christmas wedding at the garden was unbelievably beautiful with all the lights. The staff and especially Katy went above and beyond to make everything perfect! I can't say enough about this venue! Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the wedding and reception were.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Ellie · Married on 06/27/2015

This was the first thing we booked when we planned our wedding and we could not have been happier with our choice. They were great about working with our planner and making her amazing design come to life. We ended up having rain on our day and so our original plan was not feasible. But, with all the amazing spaces in the gardens, our Plan B was just as beautiful. All of our guests loved roaming through the gardens during Cocktail hour. This is an enchanting place for a wedding if you are willing to be outside of Charlotte.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/17/2015

Beautiful for our May wedding in the white garden! We thought they offer a lot of options for wedding size and budget considerations. Gail and Courtney were responsive, organized, and great to work with. The gardens were open to the public during our Sunday morning wedding & reception, but it didn't even phase us :)

Sent on 05/18/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2015

I feel in love with DSBG the first time I saw it with Gail. It was beautiful and the white garden it was just perfect for a my spring wedding. We had the whole place to ourselves so our friends and family could walk around if they wanted to. It was nice I loved it.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Jenny · Married on 11/15/2014

DSBG was an excellent choice in wedding venue. The events team was a pleasure to work with and were very accommodating. They were even helpful in rallying some of the other vendors! DSBG is a beautiful place to have a wedding.

Sent on 12/12/2014

My first visit to DSBG was almost 20 years ago when I moved to Charlotte, NC. I fell in love with the gardens and never dreamed I would one day marry there! Gail Allen was terrific to deal with, along with the rest of the staff. Every email I sent was answered within 24 hours. It was an absolutely perfect evening for an early fall wedding (9.27.14) and it will forever be my favorite place in Belmont, NC!!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Patrick · Married on 07/05/2014

DSBG was our number one choice for our reception venue. We worked with Gail Allen and she was fantastic. So quick to respond to our questions and so patient with us as we planned our big day. The value in booking the gardens is obvious, your guests will love the scenery and it adds even more romance to your big day. The staff truly makes you feel special and works with utmost professionalism. Also, when you book with the Garden your family gets a yearlong membership to Daniel Stowe. It's one of our favorite places to visit already and now we can go back and reminiscence about our perfect day!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Katie · Married on 05/10/2014

Daniel Stowe is absolutely beautiful! We knew we didn't want a traditional church wedding and didn't really like the 'mansion' type houses that are popular now, so the Garden was absolutely perfect for us! We originally planned to have everything outside in different areas of the Garden, but the weather had different ideas for us...we ended up moving the ceremony and reception inside, and it was still gorgeous. The rain let up enough so that we could still take most of our pictures throughout the grounds, and they came out absolutely amazing! All of the staff involved with the planning process and the day of our wedding were so professional and helpful. The different packages available really let you customize your special day however you would like, using as little or as much of the Garden as you need! You do have to use their preferred vendor, Best Impressions, for catering and rentals, but don't let that deter you - they are absolutely amazing as well! We could not have been happier with our choice to use Daniel Stowe as our wedding and reception venue!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Cheryl · Married on 11/02/2013

Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is a beautiful venue to hold a wedding and/or reception. We held our daughter's wedding reception there. We found the event coordinator easy to work with and willing to help however she could. Since this is a business and is open to the public until 5, vendors cannot begin setting up until 4:00. That means if you have a 4:00 wedding, you won't be able to do any of the decorating yourself. You'll need to deligate that to someone else. Our wedding was at 4, and the guests could go ahead to Stowe's and tour the gardens if they so desired once the wedding was over. This allowed time for the caterer, florist, photobooth, and our personal friend to set up everything. You have the place until 11, at which time everything must be out of the place. So, in order to give us enough time to allow for clean up, the bride and groom exited around 9:30. It is a bit pricey, but for other places of this caliber, the price was competitive. Overall, we had a wonderful reception in a beautiful setting.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Natalie · Married on 08/24/2013

Daniel Stowe was the perfect place to get married. Everyone will not stop talking about how amazing the gardens were. I worked with Jenna Schmidt and she was incredible. She made me feel so comfortable and was a pleasure to work with. I promise that if you choose to get married here, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2013

The Gardens did an amazing job helping me with my wedding. Not only is the venue gorgeous, but the people who I got to work with are absolutely fantastic. Jenna Schmitt was great and always willing to help in any way she could. She also was very quick to respond to e-mails and answer any questions that I may have had. I would not have changed them or the venue for the world. Everything was beautiful and everyone was so nice. Definitely recommend to any of my friends who may get married in the future!! Great work! :)

Sent on 07/09/2013

When we visited DSB last September we knew immediately that it would be the venue for our wedding. The gardens are absolutely beautiful, the staff is superior and the the 2 vendors we used for catering and rental were top notch.

We had planned to get married in the White Garden however the weather did not cooperate with us that day therefore we had to move the ceremony inside the Great Hall, however it turned out just as beautiful and the guests were very impressed.

I would highly recommend DSB to any bride/groom that is looking for a quaint, reasonably priced venue for their wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Daniel Stowe was a great venue to work with. Gail Allen was our Event Coordinator and she was AMAZING!! She was so helpful and responsive in answering the questions I had during the entire wedding planning process. Her customer service was top notch! She provided suggestions for different vendors to use and genuinely cared about making sure our wedding day was flawless and special. She really became a part of our family because she was so caring and involved from top to bottom. :) I got engaged at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden last summer and I met Gail while we were there.

Daniel Stowe is a stunning venue. We received so much feedback from our guests about how beautiful everything was. We had our ceremony outside in the Four Seasons Garden and we booked the entire facility for our wedding. Our guests were able to tour the entire garden - including the White Garden, the Crepe Myrtle Grove, and the Orchid Conservatory. DSBG is an awesome venue to work with and everything flowed seamlessly. They have exclusive vendors that they use for catering/rentals and it makes your wedding day go so smoothly. They are truly one of the best wedding venues in this area. Breath-taking scenery and awesome customer service!

Sent on 08/14/2013

This is an amazing venue for a wedding. In fact, we booked the venue for our wedding without even seeing the place (since we were out of state when planning) and, thankfully, all the previous reviews on Weddingwire were accurate.

We got married in the off-season, so the price was a lot better. If you don't have tons of money to spend on a wedding but are flexible with the date, consider getting married here in the off-season. The gardens are beautiful and the Great Hall is perfect for the reception.

Gail, the events coordinator, is great to work with. She will make sure that everything is in order for your wedding day.

Best Impressions handles all of the catering at this venue. They are very professional and the food was great. I didn't compare them with any other vendors, but the pricing seemed fair.

Creative Solutions handles pretty much everything else (lighting, chairs, tables, etc.) They are somewhat pricey, but they are also professional and fast.

Overall, we were very pleased with our wedding at the DSBG. Everything went perfect!

Sent on 11/24/2012

As a designer with experience in event design I have worked with numerous venues; Daniel Stowe Gardens and their staff FAR EXCEEDED all! They are professional, they are prompt and thorough with communication and the staff is a joy to work with. The Gardens are lovely, of course. The facility is beautiful, clean and efficient. The staff accomplishes all they promise.

This particular wedding was for my son and his wife...their wedding was the last of 3 for our family and as the ''Mother-of" I could not have been more pleased. From initial inquiry to take-down after the festivities, working with this venue was a blessing.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Kimberly · Married on 09/22/2012

The best hands down. The staff was wonderful to work with before, during and after the wedding. The venue could not be more beautiful. We had an exceptional time. All of our guest complimented us on the wedding. Thank-you all for everything.

Sent on 09/30/2012

I cannot think of a more beautiful place to get married!! I visited the site in early april and with each visit up until the wedding day 8/12 the scenery became more beautiful. Staff is professional and helpful in every way. They were always eager to answer any questions I had and responded in a timely manner! They also recommend other vendors, which made planning so much easier. They have a caterer and decorating company that you have to use, but they are also wonderful!! I would recommend getting married here to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding without breaking the bank!!! Love, Love, Love this place!!!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Donna · Married on 06/09/2012

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. The very first day I visited the Gardens I knew it was the place I was
    going to be married. It was our first marriage and I wanted everything I ever dreamed of and I wanted
    It to be perfect. The Gardens and the staff exceeded all my wishes. It has acres of gardens and every flower you can imagine. It also has some gorgeous water fountains that make for some romantic pictures. We had a butterfly release at the end of the ceremony. The guest were surprised and thought
    It was amazing to see in the gardens.
    Our reception was held in “The Great Hall”. This room is stunning with a Dome ceiling which we had the decorator hang with tangerine ceiling drapes.
    Best Impressions, the catering company, was more than I could hope for. Every dish was delicious. The set up of the different stations was drenched with mouth watering dishes.
    I must say every bride is going to worry about everything taking place on wedding day. But believe me
    When I say, you honestly have no worries at Daniel Stowe. The caterer, the decorator, the florist, the DJ, the photographer, the officiant , the coordinator, each and every one did their part and more. I could not be more pleased about my wedding day. If you want a First Class Wedding this is the place.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Nereida · Married on 03/31/2012

Gail Allen was a great coordinator. She was very pleasant and helpful.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Sandra · Married on 04/29/2006

Highly recommend. An amazingly beautiful venue with several options for places for the ceremony. The staff is so easy to work with; knowledgeable and supportive. They have a great list of preferred providers for wedding needs. Staff as available throughout including the wedding day to smooth any last minute issues. I can't say enough good about how pleasant it was to plan a wedding with them.

Sent on 02/24/2009