Daniel Colvin Photography Reviews

Daniel Colvin Photography 6
Daniel Colvin Photography 7
  • Christy

Christy Smith · Married on 04/13/2019

Daniel colvin is the best photographer in the world

TRUST ME AND JUST USE DANIEL COLVIN!!!!! My wedding was the most beautiful day of my life and hands down the best decision I made (other than marrying my best friend) was hiring Daniel as our photographer! First of all, he was immediately family! We were so comfortable with him and it was just easy - he knows exactly what he's doing and he's so laid back and loving! Second, his pictures are STUNNING, STRAIGHT OUT OF A MAGAZINE, SHUT YOUR MOUTH SO GOOD! After the wedding was over, he invited my husband and I over to "reveal" the photos, where he had created a slide-show to music, and provided all of our favorite snacks while we cried and viewed our photos. My friends loved him and we had so much fun on the big day! He even pranked my fiance during our engagement photo with an idea him and I came up with together and it was one of the funniest moments ever, and ened up turning into the greatest picture!! I will cherish these pictures FOREVER and I will cherish how special he made us feel! WE LOVE YOU DANIEL!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Van Sickler · Married on 03/09/2019

You won't regret it

I truly do not have the words to adequately describe the talent of Daniel Colvin. Not to mention, he’s also a super awesome guy! I had a feeling I’d like him when I initially contacted him, but my husband and I were sold after meeting him for an extended lunch. Never once did he push us, and he even managed to convince me that I didn’t need the second photographer I was set on. True life- hire Daniel Colvin and you won’t! He is down to earth, funny, and super relaxed; everything you’re going to need on your wedding day. For the most part, I completely forgot he was even there on the day of. Don’t worry though, he was and I have AMAZING photographs to prove it! Daniel came over for dinner and a preview party where he put together a slideshow of the day and had samples to assist us with our order. It was such a personalized and special touch to be able to view our photographs like that for the first time, and a huge help to have his assistance in deciding what were the best options for us. My husband and I couldn’t believe that we were looking at OUR wedding photos. We received over 1,200 photos and every. single. one. of them was beautiful. The hardest part of the entire process was choosing the 15% we wanted in our album! I feel so blessed that these are the photographs that will forever represent one of the biggest days of our lives, and I can’t wait to show them to our great-grandchildren 50 years from now. Do yourself a favor- go ahead and hire Daniel. You will be so grateful you did.

Sent on 07/06/2019
    Daniel Colvin Photography 8
  • Ashley

Ashley Brittain · Married on 12/31/2018

Pictures I will cherish forever...

Daniel Colvin is amazing at what he does and will exceed your expectations. Just hire the man, you will not be disappointed. We love our pictures, everyone we've shown them to raves about how beautiful they are.

Good photography was a pretty high priority for our engagement, bridals and wedding day pictures. Photos are really the only piece you are able to keep of the whole day, besides your memories. As soon as I saw Daniel's website I knew his style was what I was hoping & looking for. I loved the candid moments he captured and the use of natural lighting. It just seemed like I could feel the love the couples had for one another through his photos. It's true, what he captures is truly authentic, my fiancé and I felt even more connected after taking our engagement pictures with Daniel.

My fiancé and I both feel like we are just not photogenic people, but Daniel showed us that we actually are. I love so many of the pictures he took of us. We have so many to choose from, which is never the case for me usually.

Daniel went above and beyond for us throughout this whole process. He was not available to take our wedding day pictures (I was a little late with booking vendors), but instead of just saying he was unavailable and good luck, Daniel provided me with a well thought out list of photographers who he personally recommended and knew and who were also available for our date. I couldn't believe he did that for me, he really didn't have to at all.

I'm just so happy we got to work with Daniel and I look forward to booking him again for all our future photo needs!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 9

Sean Henry · Married on 12/31/2018

The difference in good and great

There's a big difference between good photographers and great photographers. Daniel is a great one.

We felt like he genuinely cared about us and our upcoming wedding. He got us to be relaxed and playful and made the entire picture taking process a blast. Also, he’s a fun and interesting person to know and is easy to get along with.

I liked just about all of the pictures he took of us and will be proud to display them in our home. Glad we booked with Daniel for our pictures.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Tracy · Married on 06/10/2018

Daniel will make the most out of your wedding day and capture every special moment!!!! My husband and I had absolutely no complaints when it came to working with Daniel. He knows what shots look good, and doesn't need any ideas to show his creativity and artistry through photography. I booked my bridal portraits as well as the smallest wedding package with him and he did not disappoint. Every photo was different, fun, and unique. Every emotion from both days was captured perfectly! Additionally, Daniel is so laid back and he works well with everyone. Don't worry about feeling awkward or like your day is invaded by a photographer, Daniel blends in during special moments but also knows how to organize group photos. I had so much fun working with him, you will not regret your decision! Just don't forget that professional photos take time, so be patient.

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 10
    Daniel Colvin Photography 11
    Daniel Colvin Photography 12
    Daniel Colvin Photography 13

Jacqueline · Married on 03/24/2018

Daniel was everything we could have asked for in a photographer - He was there from the beginning with our engagement photo shoot then bridals and our Wedding day! He captured our love for each other and the happiness of family and friends celebrating with us. Looking though the photos I can see the happiness of everyone during the whole day!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 21
    Daniel Colvin Photography 22
    Daniel Colvin Photography 23

Katherine · Married on 10/14/2017

If you're looking for a wedding photographer that will knock your socks off, look no further! I am blown away but the care and detail Daniel Colvin puts into his art. Daniel is very personal, professional, loves getting to know you and making you feel completely comfortable. He has an outstanding eye for location/lighting and gives direction in a relaxed but purposed way. I literally cried happy tears when I went through the photos, all of them were so perfect! Sometimes I can't believe that these are MY wedding photos. Thank you, Daniel! You are amazing!

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 24
    Daniel Colvin Photography 25
    Daniel Colvin Photography 26
    Daniel Colvin Photography 27
    Daniel Colvin Photography 28
    Daniel Colvin Photography 29

Travis · Married on 10/07/2017

Daniel was everything we could have ever wanted in a photographer. The pictures were amazing. We loved the highlight reel he put together for us. We loved the way he handled the prewedding, wedding, and reception, and we felt like his presence at the wedding / ceremony was a very welcome one. Our guests all loved him too. For a dude walking around taking pictures for 12 hours, he did a great job maintaining his composure and staying upbeat. He does a fantastic job of avoiding the super posey pictures, and focuses on capturing moments at just the right time. I've seen other people's wedding albums on Facebook and none of them have come close to what Daniel offered us. I highly, highly recommend Daniel for your wedding photography needs.

Sent on 08/30/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 34
    Daniel Colvin Photography 35
  • F

Fabiola · Married on 10/07/2017

Daniel is simply AMAZING! His experience and professionalism shines through, allowing us to relax and have the best day of our lives ! We couldn’t be more happier with the results, he is seriously talented and genuinely loves what he does !

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 36
    Daniel Colvin Photography 37
    Daniel Colvin Photography 38
    Daniel Colvin Photography 39

Elpida · Married on 05/27/2017

Daniel was an extreme pleasure to work with! His talent, professionalism, and enthusiasm made our decision to pick him as our engagement/wedding photographer so easy. He has a way about him that just makes you feel like you've known him for years and made us so comfortable to be with. He knows how awkward some photos can be lol but he coaches you through it like a real champ! We had a big, fat, Greek wedding and he seemed to breeze through it all. I would recommend him over and over again! Just plan a meet and greet with him and you'll know exactly what we mean!

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Daniel Colvin Photography 40
    Daniel Colvin Photography 41
    Daniel Colvin Photography 42
    Daniel Colvin Photography 43

Amanda · Married on 05/06/2017

Daniel is the absolute BEST photographer and my husband and I could not have been more pleased with our wedding photos (they are AMAZING!). As a person, Daniel is super laid back, funny and friendly and he genuinely made the effort to get to know Stuart and I during the time we spent with him. His down to earth personality made us feel very comfortable during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day and Daniel captured so many amazing and creative shots! I could not speak highly enough of Daniel ‘s talent and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to use Daniel as their photographer.

Sent on 01/07/2018
    Daniel Colvin Photography 51
    Daniel Colvin Photography 52
    Daniel Colvin Photography 53

Marley · Married on 05/07/2016

Booking with Daniel was hands down the easiest and BEST decision we made during this whole wedding process. I am a bride on a budget, and he worked with that budget with no questions, went into my chaotic timeline like a champ and had a blast with us! So with that said, I’d first like to say he is so FUN to work with! He makes you feel relaxed, helps you with poses without you looking incredibly cheesy or awkward, he manages to capture who YOU really are! (My husband, bridesmaids and groomsmen LOVED him)He’s a story teller. When we got our pictures back, I am not kidding when I said my jaw dropped and was flooded with every good emotion. Every time we look back at the photos, it feels like were reliving the day all over again! And that is EXACTLY what you want from your photos, isn’t it?! He’s so sneaky too, like I mentioned above he captures who you are, during ceremony and reception, I almost forgot he was there, but managed to capture our every move, during the sweet moments, and the quite hilarious ones. By looking at the series of photos, you would have thought we hired at least two-three photographer with how many great shots we got back! And not only were they great candid moments, the quality of photos were perfection. My venue was very dark, so I was a little skeptical how well they could have turned out, but I am not kidding when I say we received perfection back. I feel like I am rambling on at this point, but I really could gush all day about Daniel and his work. THANK YOU for creating memories that will last a lifetime. We are so grateful for all you did for us!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

Daniel Colvin is a true artist. We used him for engagement photos and they are breathtaking! He makes it so easy to relax around him and at times you almost forget he is there while he is capturing the candid photos. He is kind and easy to work with and his final product is amazing. We will defiantly use him again.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Daniel is absolutely amazing. I was so happy with his work on my bridal portraits and our wedding photos. They turned out beautiful and so worth the wait. He really makes sure that he gives you quality work and puts his heart and soul in to the photos. They aren't your typical wedding photos either. He really has fun with them and captures every moment of the day. My family and friends were blown away by the photographs. He put me at ease on my wedding day and I had a blast shooting my bridals with him. He really has an eye for photography and i would recommend him to any of my friends. My sister is next and has already said she wants him to do her wedding as well!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Lindsey · Married on 01/03/2015

Hiring Daniel to be our photographer for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! From our initial consultation, we knew Daniel was the right person for the job. He is professional, creative, engaging, involved, funny, and honestly felt like an old friend. Daniel is unbelievably talented and so easy to work with. He made us feel so comfortable and captured so many memorable moments of our wedding while being unobtrusive. Even in the posed photos, his directions were so natural and truly captured who we are as a couple. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos are amazed by his work and we constantly get comments about the wonderful photography and the story it tells. Looking at them, we are able to relive the moments again.

We can't thank Daniel enough for the incredible photos he took of our wedding and for being a fantastic person to work with. We HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer! If you have the opportunity to book him, do it! We are already looking for excuses to hire him again in the future... or just to hang out with him :)

Sent on 01/13/2015

Caroline · Married on 09/20/2014

We picked Daniel based on the beautiful photographs he took for our friend's wedding. However, it was our interaction and experiences with him during our process that made us incredibly happy with our decision.

Daniel is very laid back, but professional. He made both us feel so comfortable during the process, and honestly we became friends. He is a fantastic artist who genuinely enjoys wedding photography and being such an integral part of our important day. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Brooke · Married on 02/15/2014

Hiring Daniel Colvin for our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made! He not only takes some of the most spectacular pictures that we have ever seen, and he is an amazing person to work with. He makes the picture taking process relaxing and fun. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the time we spent with him. His ability to capture the details of the wedding and reception is outstanding. Daniel's creativity and talent make him one of the top wedding photographers! We recommend him to anyone that is looking for a fabulous photographer that will create beautiful memories for a lifetime!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Jennifer · Married on 12/28/2013

Bride: The most important thing for me concerning the wedding planning was photography. In my opinion, it will be the only thing that will last forever, not the cake nor the flowers. I searched for numerous photogrpahers all across Houston and when I found Daniel Colvin, I knew that he will be the person that could capture every moment and turn them into life-long memories. Beside his phenomenal work and professionalism, he has a big and kind heart that comforts a bride like me who isn't comfortable taking pictures. Our engagement and wedding photos are more than what I could ever ask for. Everytime I look at them it always reminds me of how blissful those days were.

Groom: If you want to have a great look to your wedding, Daniel is the guy to call. He helped Jen and I be ourselves because of how he was behind the camera. It was too easy to enjoy ourselves due to his charisma and character. That, combined with his "eye" for natural lighting, he procured the kind of pictures that my wife and I will be satisified with year after year. So good even a groom had to speak on his behalf! That should tell ya something;-)

Sent on 02/03/2014

I love Daniel so much! I HAD to have him shoot our wedding, engagement and my bridal photos. His whole technique is so beautiful. Hes very down to Earth and creative and a lot of fun to work with. Friends and family still rave about our engagement photos and I'm so anxious to see the wedding and bridals! I highly recommend him. He's such a fantastic person and photographer. It's really like working with a friend.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Mercy · Married on 06/01/2013

Daniel Colvin is an amazing photographer and I couldn't be more happy with my wedding photos. He's extremely professional and very creative. It was a very special and memorable day and a big thanks goes to Dan. He exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Daniel was always putting our needs before anything else. He is very considerate. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Sent on 10/26/2012

He did an awesome job at our wedding, we couldn't be happier with his work!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Brian · Married on 07/07/2012

Daniel Colvin Photography was awesome to work with and the photos are amazing. He is very highly skilled and experienced. You can be sure that he will capture the emotion of the day in his shots. Also, his attention to detail in the image processing is outstanding. I definitely recommend Daniel.

Sent on 08/27/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2012

Daniel Colvin is by far the most talented wedding photographer I have ever come across. It has been a year and a half since my wedding, as as time passes, I am more and more thankful that I chose him as my wedding photographer. I have hundreds of beautiful photographs that I will always treasure, and every time I look through them, all the special memories of my wedding day are brought back. Thanks Daniel!!

Sent on 12/01/2013