Dagar's Catering Reviews

75 | Austin, TX

75 Reviews for Dagar's Catering

1 User photo

Alissa · Married on 11/14/2009

Dagar's Catering was awesome! We liked everything about them! Frank was very responsive and professional. We planned our wedding on a short time-line. Initially, our wedding date was not open, but Frank was able to fit us into the date.

The food was delicious! We chose the brisket, smoked turkey, and sausage. Everything was so tasty. Everyone commented specifically on the sausage, potatoes, and beans. So good!

The service was excellent. At the wedding, they made a plate for my husband, the best man, and myself. They checked with us throughout the night to make sure that we had everything we needed. They got us drinks as well, which was above and beyond what they had to do. It was something that we didn't even know that we needed. We were so busy trying to talk to all the guests, that eating and drinking weren't foremost in our minds, but Frank and his crew made sure that we were taken care of without intruding at all. I can't say enough about how great they were!

Sent on 12/05/2009
  • U

Robin · Married on 07/18/2009

WONDERFUL! Food, service, value, they had it all, would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/09/2009

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I loved working with Dagar's Catering for our wedding! Dagar's was one of our venue's preferred vendors for which we could choose to cater our wedding, and we could not be happier with their services! The tasting was fantastic and the team was very helpful as we created the menu for our wedding. The food was delicious, the presentation was gorgeous, and everyone was wonderful to work with! All of our guests loved the food and dinner was one of mine and my husbands favorite parts of the evening.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We truly appreciate the review and thank you for sharing your kind words, Sarah! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Charlene · Married on 04/22/2017

We recently had our tasting at Dagar's and Rosalie was beyond kind, knowledgeable and helpful. She is highly responsive via email and has great in person communication skills as well. The tasting will definitely fill you up. We look forward to having them cater our event in a few months!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so glad you have enjoyed working with Rosalie! We love an opportunity to help our clients feel more comfortable with their menus at our private tasting and are overjoyed to hear that you were pleased with your experience. We look forward to servicing your event soon!

I hired Dagar's for catering and bar services--they did not disappoint! The food was delicious. The drinks--including my specialty drink (Mexican martini)--were great! Kathryn was very responsive and answered all of our questions setting up the contract--we did buffet and bar set-up (we provided the alcohol, they provided everything else). Kathryn's husband ran the show at the reception. He was super helpful, friendly and never left us wanting food or drinks. He took great care of us so we had no worries all evening. This is a family business and they own their kitchen, equipment, and serving ware which saves you money from all the caters' rentals that would normally be passed to you.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Beth · Married on 03/14/2014

The guests raved about the food and there was plenty leftover. Unlike other catering companies, they give you all of the leftovers. The service was fantastic! Their customer service was so so great; every email and communication was quickly returned with respect and kindness. We went with them because we were able to get a gluten free menu AND they worked with our budget. The only thing was that not so great was that the food was slightly different than what I had ordered. But it was still good and my guests were non the wiser.

Sent on 03/17/2014

Beth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We are so glad that you enjoyed our service and that the food was ultimately to everyone's liking. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and are grateful that you allowed us to be a part of your big day!

-Kathryn Dagar-Albarado

Betsy · Married on 06/05/2009

They were very professional and the food was GREAT! They made sure that there was a plate ready for my husband and I the minute we sat down after taking pictures.

Sent on 06/23/2009

Vanessa · Married on 11/09/2008

My MOH and I went to an open house at Dagars, and I was immediately sold. They provided so much in thier package deals, and were able to mold the menu to the theme I wanted (apples). The woman in charge (oops, I forgot her name) had great ideas to make the meal affordable for me, but delicious! We did family style service so the servers brought out hot portions for each table to serve themselves, and it was actually HOT! Usually when you are served a meal (even in a buffet sometimes) it is always cold. Bleck! But not this meal -- and it was outside and a little windy too. Everyone loved the food (even the picky ones) and it was everything I asked for.

Sent on 12/07/2010

Lorna · Married on 10/28/2016

Wonderful! Working with Kathryn was a dream. Military weddings can be challenging and these folks worked hard to help make my daughters day exceptional. I polled every guest (75 or so) and we had nothing but excellent responses! Thanks for all you did!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

What wonderful news to hear! It was a pleasure to work with you and we are so happy that everything was a hit. We are wishing Becky and Michael a lifetime of happiness and love!

Amanda · Married on 03/19/2015

Dagar's food is absolutely delicious! All of my guests loved the crepe station and fajitas! I originally had some issues getting a meeting and tasting set up with Dagar's. I know that there was a lot going on in the manager's life at the time. So I do think that it was fluke that I just happened to get lost in the middle of everything else. However, they did give me a free tasting due to the issues we had which was very professional and helped me choose them for the event. After the contract was signed there was no issue with communication between myself, my wedding planner and Dagar's. John Dagar was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING at my wedding. He was so attentive and polite. After my husband and I walked out from the ceremony he immediately met us with glasses of water. Then, after we finished our pictures and were getting ready for our entrance he came and got our orders for what we wanted to eat and made sure our plates were ready for us once we sat down at our table. He continued this awesome level of service ALL night! I would use Dagar's again simply because of John's service standard! Even if the food hadn't been absolutely amazing!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Amanda,

Thank you so much for bearing with us during the initial scheduling issues. I am so happy that we were ultimately able to get things ironed out and squared away for your big day. We are even happier that John and his crew took great care of you. This is what we live to do! We wish you the utmost in happiness in your life and hope to have another chance to cater for you and your family in the future!

Best,
    Kathryn Dagar-Albarado

Stephanie · Married on 07/24/2010

I know that Dagar's sometimes gets mixed reviews...but they were great for us. They let us customize some of our menu and everyone thought the food was delicious! We bought our own alcohol but their servers were great! They keep food aside for the newly married couple to eat later - so thankful!!

Sent on 10/17/2010

Karen · Married on 04/16/2010

We loved Dagar's! We dealt with Frank, who does the weddings for our venue. He was wonderful! He was a little slow in responding at times, but he more than made up for it at the wedding. After the ceremony, he was waiting outside for us with water and to congratulate us! It was so thoughtful!

The food was wonderful (so I heard... I didn't eat any of it because of nerves). It was beautiful to look at and we heard nothing but compliments from our guests.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Sarah · Married on 11/01/2013

I used Dagar’s catering for my wedding this month. I could not have been happier with the service and food. Their menu is vast and everything is delicious. We went to the tasting they hold every month and got to try a few different things to help us make our final choice. Rosalie was the sweetest, happiest person to work with. She really helped me feel comfortable and special. She even helped us with some centerpiece ideas! I got so many compliments on the food from our guests. I will definitely be recommending them to friends and use them again for any catering needs!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Sarah,

We are so happy to hear that you all enjoyed your experience with us! Rosalie had nothing but great things to say about you two and we are thrilled that we could be a part of your special day. We wish you both all of the happiness in the world!

Sincerely,
    Kathryn Dagar-Albarado

3.5

Excellent food! Great service and wait staff!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and share these positive notes!
  • Annette

Annette · Married on 10/09/2011

Overall Dagar's was great. We chose to go through Dagar's for our food, bar, and table/chair rentals. They are full service and made our life so much easier.

I first met with Katherine for an initial consultation. She was very informative and detailed about the services they provide. She was also very familiar with our venue and had done several weddings there already. This put my mind at ease because this meant they had it down and I didn't have do too much in regard to overseeing what went where etc...

She walked me through the floor plan and options of where we could put things such as the cake, bar, tables, and buffet line.

We went to a tasting, which was great. I loved the experience of it and the opportunity to try various foods they offer. I fell in love with the poblano chicken...however, it didn't taste quite as good at the wedding as it did at the tasting. The white fish, however, was phenomenal!

Katherine was flexible and very helpful throughout the process. The only thing she didn't budge on was mixing up the menu for us. However, she did end up allowing us to have an option of two entrees for our guests. She also ended up throwing in champagne flutes for free at the last minute because I had forgotten about that minor details:/

The wait staff and bartender we had were great. They were service oriented and ensured everyone was well served.

I also feel that they did a wonderful job at setting up all of the chairs and tables and making my special day look great....thank you Dagar's:)

Sent on 11/30/2011
  • aunzicker

Amanda · Married on 11/20/2010

Our venue offered four catering options, one of which was Dagar's. We ultimately chose Dagar's because they seemed to be the best value. Also, they have an extensive menu from which to choose. Overall, we were very pleased with the service and food on our wedding day. Our guests seemed impressed with the build-your-own pasta station.

Sent on 01/23/2011

Christa · Married on 10/30/2009

Dagars was the preferred vendor at our venue, so we went with them for our fajita buffet. Frank did an awesome job, and was very understanding when things ran behind thanks to an accident that caused traffic issues. I loved that, unlike many caterers, they let you take leftovers home with you since you have already paid for them. I used to be a cook at a high-end hotel in austin, and leftovers from banquets were taken away and given to the hotel staff, even though they were paid for! those leftovers came in handy, since we moved the weekend after the wedding!

Sent on 02/09/2011

barbara · Married on 09/25/2010

The food was delicious! We went for a cheaper option on the chicken but it was fantastic. They also let us customise the menu when it came to choosing different vegetable options and or starch options. I also really enjoyed the tastings that they provided. The had a cocktail hour setting and brought around many different types of appetisers and meals to try so you could get a great view of what they could provide and the presentation was fantastic.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Justin · Married on 04/06/2012

Katherine held many meetings with us to ensure we were completely satisfied with our food choices. Also, she provided the linens and center pieces which took a lot of responsibility off of our hands.

Sent on 04/23/2012

Shelley · Married on 10/18/2009

3.0

Keep in mind, I did not choose Daggar's catering for my final wedding caterer, but they were in the running. They have wonderful open houses, I highly recommend going to one of these before making your decision. In the end it was the cost that kept us from using Dagar's but the do seem to be service oriented. They were very polite whenever I called, but the open house I went to was so crowded, I didn't get to talk to anyone about services for my venue.

Sent on 11/03/2009
  • Alisha

Alisha · Married on 09/30/2019

3.8
      3.0

the food was absolutely amazing. i have nothing bad to say about their artist work on my special day! they all did fantastic

Sent on 04/18/2012

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you for this feedback, Alisha! We are so glad that the food was delicious on your big day and that we could be a part of this special moment in your life. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future if you ever require catering!

Tracy · Married on 08/15/2009

3.8
      3.0

Dagar's catering was a nice choice and the food was delicious. The responsiveness from the caterer could have been a little more attentive and prompt. I felt the day of the wedding, the caterer was a little distant and rude. However, the servers were polite and professional. I do think Dagar's was a little too expensive for the service they provided but the food was very good.

Sent on 09/08/2009

Adrian · Married on 04/10/2010

3.4
      3.5

Dagar's was recommended to me by my venue, and after deliberating over their menu choices I decided to go with them simply becuase they weren't over the top expensive. They have an open house that you attend to get a taste of their food, BUT it's not even gauranteed that you get to try the food you are actually serving at your wedding, which we didn't. It is also held at their meeting place where they meet potential clients which is very, very small. There was hardly any breathing room in there, and to be honest my favorite thing that we tried was the cake. And that isn't even made by them. Also, when we went for our initial meeting with them we were on time, early actually...and the lady who was there was meeting with someone else and kept us waiting outside (there is nowhere else to wait inside..it's way too personal and we would of been all in the other persons business) and she never even apologized for keeping us waiting or anything. She just eventually opened the door and asked if she could help us. The food at the wedding was ok, it honestly looked a little old like it had been ready for a few hours or more before it was served to us. I wasn't impressed needless to say. They did pack a togo plate for each of us which was nice, because we hardly got to eat at all at the reception. If you are on a budget then i would say that dagars will do, but if you can afford it..go somewhere else.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Susan · Married on 05/22/2010

2.5
      3.5

Dagar's was the recommended Caterer for my venue. We were offered a tasting on a week night 2 months before the wedding. We tasted a variety of food, most of which was on the high end of their menu--things we could not afford. I was a little disappointed that we couldn't taste our specific food items but we received an overall feel for their menu.

Our contact at Dagar's was out of the country for the month proceeding our wedding so our emails were returned by someone I was not familiar with. All in all, our guests enjoyed our food. The Caterer prepared plates for us but when we were served it was ice cold. Very disappointing.

My father also commented that he went back for 2nds and they had already cleared the buffet. Many guest would have eaten more had the food not been cleared off so quickly.

Sent on 06/17/2010

Dacey Nolan · Married on 08/09/2019

They broke contract 5+ times

If I could give this company a 0 star rating, I would. Dagar's was catering our wedding. Stephanie was my account manager. She does not car about her job, that she would not email me back, answer my messages, or talk to me about the details of my wedding. I have many unanswered emailed and questions. I decided to call the owner, and tell her that we wanted a new account manager that Stephanie was very unprofessional. The owner blamed me for not have Stephanie respond. She just kept saying that she hires only the best and that nothing was wrong.

I requested to have a new manager and she refused. The day of our wedding, the caterer was late. Our contract stated that we would have a manager on site and have 4 other staff members. We only received two staff members and NO manager.

We ordered ties for the cocktail tables. They did not bring the ties. When I brought this up to the owner, she blamed me. I had email communication to prove that I requested them to be ordered. Once again Stephanie dropped the ball.

They ask for a schedule. They brought out our cake 2 hours before it was supposed to be served. The guests got the cakes, and we were not able to cut into our own cake. When we brought this to the owner's attention, she said that the mother-of-the-groom said that the cake should be placed earlier. One, on the contract, it only said to speak to the bride. Two my husbands mom passed away 8 years ago. How sick is it that they blamed it on someone that was passed away.

We used Dagar's for the bar service. I emailed the company the week of the wedding, asking if guests could order just soft drinks at the bar. I was told yes. I have email proof. The bar tender told us that my father-in-law was cussing him out because the bartender would not give him a coke. Apparently that was not true. We had guests tell us that the bartender was rude and cussing them out over wanting sodas. I brought this up to the owner, and she said that bartender has had problems in the past..

We did not receive our care packages that were promised. We where told because there were no left overs. So the "complimentary" care packages are paid for by the groom and bride. So this is not complimentary.

Dagar's was supposed to bus the tables. Our reception ended at 10 and our contract said that Dagar's would leave at 11pm. They also was supposed to checkout with the venue. They left at 10pm, and my husband myself and our guests had to clean the tables. We also had got in trouble with our venue since they left. The contract said that my venue needed them to checkout at the end of the night.

When I brought this all up to the owner, she said that her team is having problems reading the contract. If we broke the contract we would have to pay a fine, but yet they can break the contract. I told the owner how upset I was that our reception was horrible. She once again blamed me and said that she could not turn back time. What a joke!!! This was a very import day for us and she acted like it didn't matter. We paid thousands of dollars to have horrible service. If you want to feel like a valued customer, do not use this service.

Sent on 11/14/2019