Dagar's Catering Reviews

75 Reviews for Dagar's Catering

1 User photo

• Denise

Denise · Married on 07/11/2015

Dagar's provided fantastic food and service to us, and I'm so happy to share my experience! We attended one of their tastings held at a venue in South Austin, and it was absolutely beautiful and helpful. Earlier this year, Dagar's decided to start holding their tastings at different venues every month to help couples out with their venue choice, and they had other vendors there for music, decorations, and cakes too. Everything was setup to give you an idea of what your wedding could look like at that particular venue, which I thought was incredibly smart. Kathryn, the president, mentioned how we were all going to want the get the mac & cheese bar for our wedding, and at first I was skeptical because it was just mac & cheese, but oh my gosh was it delicious! All of our wedding guests raved all night about how awesome and delicious the mac & cheese bar was, and my husband and I loved it because it tasted great and was something different than your typical wedding food. Their staff was so attentive to my husband and me all night, and they constantly checked in with us to make sure we ate or we got our drink or cake preferences, which was much appreciated. We especially appreciated that they packed food to go for us at the end of the night to make sure we got a chance to eat some of our own wedding food. Dagar's provided great service, great portions, delicious food, and a wonderful experience all for a great price.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so glad that you loved the Mac & Cheese Station as much as we do! :) Thank you so much for letting Dagar's Catering keep you well fed and your glass full on your big day. Extra special thanks for sharing your experience here! We wish you and Andy a lifetime of happiness and hope that the married life has been wonderful for you both!

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dagar's Catering. My husband and I heard nothing but good things from our friends and family - everyone was gushing over the food all night. As for service, we were blown away by the attentiveness of the staff. Our ceremony was outdoors in Texas in June (hot!!). Dagar's had a staff member waiting with glasses of ice water for my husband and I when the ceremony ended and were proactive about offering our family members hors d'oeuvres and drinks while they waited for pictures with us. All night long, they made sure we had everything we needed and were extremely courteous to our guests. When I met with other caterers in the area, I couldn't justify going with anyone but Dagar's. The quality and value were unmatched. Katherine was extremely reliable with communication and I always felt I could ask questions as needed, even if they might sound silly. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the Austin area.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Melissa -- Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience! The night was gorgeous and we were so thrilled to be a part of it and to take care of you and your guests. We wish all of the best to you both and a lifetime of love! Please let us know if we can ever serve you or your loved ones again in the future!

Wonderful catering service! Made the wedding day go smooth and everyone enjoyed the delicious food. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

When reading these reviews, "perfect" is a word that brings huge smiles to our faces. This is what we strive for every day, and we couldn't be happier that you felt you received the utmost in service and quality of food from us. Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of your big day, as it was truly an honor! We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Meagan · Married on 05/09/2015

We used Dagar's for our wedding this past May for our catering and rental services. I cannot say enough good things about Dagar's. Kathryn, our main point of contact, was extremely helpful from the beginning. We had met with other caterers and could not believe the prices many wanted to charge us. With Dagar's, we always got a breakdown of costs that were well within reasonable and we never felt like we were sacrificing quality. Kathryn always promptly responded to my emails and allowed me to make lots of changes to our contract as we went. I had originally though we would provide alcohol ourselves and as it became more obvious that the task would be too large, Kathryn kindly added the services to our contract and always made sure to send updates immediately. She also let me add things like a cake stand and a runner last minute which I would have had a meltdown figuring out myself. The food and appetizers at our reception were amazing and the drinks and bartending services were top-notch.

Now the real reason I love Dagar's is the amazing staff. Our wedding was a warm day and with all the rain we had been getting, it was extremely humid. In my 10-pound, multi-layer dress, I was certain during photos that I was going to faint. The catering manager on site (I'm so upset that I cannot remember his name) was so extremely kind and kept bringing me cold damp towels to drape on my neck and keep me cool throughout the night.

I would absolutely recommend Dagar's to anyone looking for catering services for their wedding!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Meagan,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are especially proud of the comments you made highlighting our staff. We make it a point to train our team members to be attentive, caring, and hardworking, and I'm so happy they truly went above and beyond for your big day. It's reviews like this that make us so proud to do what we do. :) Thanks again for all of your amazingly kind words. We wish you and Robert all of the happiness and love in your future together!

• User4962013 · 2+ years ago

Dagar's was a phenomenal service to work with. Kathryn was on top of everything, unlike other vendors I worked with for my wedding. I never had to remind her of anything we talked about which was breath of fresh air. My husband and I were greeted with cold water immediately after the ceremony and had our food to us right when we sat down. I am gluten free and never felt unsure about anything I ate. Our guests raved about the food! Thank you for making our wedding so perfect! Definitely take advantage of their complimentary tastings. The food is incredible.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review here. We always are open to taking suggestions and hearing criticisms, but when a glowing review like this comes across our inboxes, it really just makes all of our hard work every day worth it. We pride ourselves on being the best we can be in regard to client services, and I am so glad that you had such a positive experience working with me and our team. We area always here if you ever need anything by way of catering, and beyond! Thanks again for letting us take care of your big day!

Julie · Married on 03/28/2015

The food was delicious and the staff was helpful, timely, and friendly!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you for the great rating, Julie! We hope you have a life full of love and happiness!

Kathryn and her staff were amazing and we were blown away by the food! The BBQ we chose for our wedding was a hit!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you for the awesome rating! We are so proud of our BBQ, as it is a Dagar's staple that has done us well for decades now. So glad we got to share it with you and your guests on your big day! :)

Linda · Married on 01/31/2015

If I could rate Dagar's higher than a 5 star, I would! The staff went above and beyond on our wedding day. They not only catered food for the wedding but they catered TO us (bride and groom) and our guests. Our guests could not compliment the food enough, it was exactly what we paid for and so delicious! We're still craving the crostinis! I would highly recommend Dagar's for your event's catering!

Sent on 02/07/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so thrilled to hear when a client has such a positive experience not only with our food, but also our staff. It means a lot that you took the time to share this, Linda!

I cannot say enough about Dagar's! Their food was delicious (people went up for seconds), their service was excellent, and their prices were reasonable. Kathryn would literally respond to my emails in less than a few hours. During our wedding, Tracy and John made sure we were completely taken care of. No detail was overlooked. They even chopped our fruit for the sangria for us and put our menu cards on the tables. I am very impressed with Dagar's and definitely recommend them! Bar service was excellent too.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Hello,

While we know your name is listed privately here, we are definitely aware of who you are and just want to thank you so much for entrusting us with the task of feeding you and your guests on such a special day in your life! Tracy and John are amazing staff members and we are so glad that you appreciated their hard work and service. We wish you all the absolute utmost in happiness in this new chapter of your lives. If you ever have any additional catering needs please let us know, as we would love to be a part of the other huge milestones in your lives. Thanks again for selecting Dagar's Catering. We hope you have a very happy new year filled with love!

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2014

We worked with Dagar's for almost a year for our wedding this November. They worked with us every step of the way and were great at answer all questions in a timely manner. Everything from the first tasting to the night of the wedding was fantastic. We were really impressed with the quality of service and food the night of the wedding. I believe John was the manager at our wedding, and he was great. He along with his staff consistently ensured everything ran smoothly and that we were taken care of. The food looked and tasted AMAZING!!! We got several appetizers, bar service, and dinner through them. Everything was just perfect.!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Lauren,

Thank you so much for working with us so diligently on your big day this past year! We are so glad that John and his crew were able to take care of you and help make your day as memorable and enjoyable as possible. We are always so honored when any of our brides take the time to share their experience here and we cannot thank you enough for your kind words. We wish you and Phillip the utmost in happiness as a couple and a lifetime of love! We hope to see you all again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Molly · Married on 11/22/2014

The best brisket hands down! All of the food was delicious, but oh boy that brisket!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Molly,

We are always so excited when we get feedback like this about our brisket! This is the item that Dagar's really built our reputation upon and the fact that we can still make brides happy with our signature brisket 6 decades later is a great sign to us that we are still doing right by my grandfather and father! It was such a joy to work with you and we wish you both so much happiness and love for years to come. Please let us know if we can ever do anything for you in the future. Happy holidays!

eva · Married on 11/15/2014

Dagar's was beyond what I had imagined for my wedding. Kathryn's presentation from day one was impeccable and exactly what a bride would want in a catering company. After many last minute changes to my contract Kathryn was so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. I received many, many compliments on the food that we chose for our wedding. Everyone was raving about the catering right down to how great the staff was. I am so thankful to Kathryn and her wonderful staff for how smoothly the day flowed. The food was delicious and I am so glad I decided to go with them for our wedding catering needs.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Eva,

Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback here! This is why we do what we do and we could not be happier that everything turned out so great and that you and your guests enjoyed everything. We wish you a lifetime of happiness with the love of your life and hope to see you all again for your next milestone in the future!

Best regards,

Joie · Married on 11/08/2014

We had to go with our approved vendor list for the venue at One World Theatre and were are so glad that Dagar's is on the list. From the beginning they are super easy to work with and hassle free. They didn't complicate the contract, which the other caters had. The food was delicious and the service was perfect. Our favorite part was the late night pizza at 10:30p that they had for our guests. That was a hit! I will definitely have them cater my next big event.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Joie,

We are so glad that you enjoyed everything on your big day! It was a pleasure to work with you and Chris and we are so thrilled that everything turned out so successfully. We wish you all nothing but a lifetime of happiness and hope to see you all again during the other special times in your life!

Kathryn Dagar-Albarado

Kathryn is an amazing and wonderful lady and it truly shows throughout her business! All of the attention to detail and the little inclusions (water for guests upon entering, packaging leftover food, care packages for bride/groom and parents, etc) really show the level of care at Dagar's. I came in quite stressed out as all things not in my control had started falling apart and Kathryn quickly noticed and stepped into counselor mode and was able to completely snap me out of it. The catering manager and staff do a great job of making the bride & groom feel extra special during the event by serving our food to us and making sure our glasses never emptied all night! The food was exactly as we had requested and we didn't know until we saw the pictures that they actually hand carved our pork for our guest to ensure it didn't dry out! I would recommend Dagar's to anyone looking for a great event!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for all of the amazingly kind words you have shared. I am so glad to hear that your special day was what you hoped it would be. We work very hard to ensure this for our clients and it brings a smile to our faces to know when we have succeeded. Please feel free to let us know if we can ever do anything for you all in the future! We wish you all that love and life have to offer.

Jamie · Married on 04/26/2014

Dagar's professional experience is evident in every aspect of dealing with them. From planning to delivery they are unsurpassed. The food was incredible (as mentioned by all guests) the service time was great, 185 buffet guests in less than 20 minutes, and their staff was attentive and helpful throughout the evening.
    They truly know their stuff. They have tastings in their kitchen so you can get an overview of the choices and they are great at making budget conscious recommendations. We modified via email a few times, and spoke on the phone as the date got closer. They also provided barbecue for our rehearsal that was great and they same level of exceptional service. If their were 10 stars they would have earned them.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Jamie,

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We put so much joy into what we do and our staff truly prides themselves on providing the best customer service possible. You both were truly a joy to work with and we hope you have a lifetime filled with love and happiness. You deserve it!

Ariel · Married on 11/01/2013

Dagar's was perfect. The food (we had the caprese chicken) was deeeelicious! I planned my wedding in a month, so I'm certain I was a very obnoxious bride with my constant and urgent questions and last minute changes, but Dagar's was incredibly helpful and patient with me! I'm so grateful to Dagar's for their work!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Ariel,

Thank you so very much for letting us take care of your big day! We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and had nothing but the best experience with you. We are so pleased to hear you and your guests enjoyed the Caprese Chicken, it is one of our favorites here! We hope you and your husband have been wholly enjoying the married life thus far!

Julie · Married on 10/11/2013

Dagar's Catering gave us exactly what we asked for. The food was excellent, as were the preparers and servers and the bar servers were on the ball all the time. The staff were responsive and professional during the event, held at Antebellum Oaks Venue. Also highly recommended. Beforehand, Kathryn took care of all my questions and updated contracts for me immediately! Thank you Dagar'sCatering and Kathryn for EVERYTHING!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Julie,

Thank you for all of your kind words! You were a joy to work with and I'm so glad that you were pleased with our services. You are correct, Antebellum Oaks is a fantastic venue and we are pleased that you selected us to play such a large role alongside the venue on your big day. We hope you are enjoying the married life!

Megan · Married on 09/29/2013

Dagar's catering was great!
    The people who work there are wonderful. Every time I called or emailed I got a response almost immediately, and they were all so nice and friendly (which is important when you're dealing with an overwhelmed bride!). I set up a tasting and I told Kathryn what we were looking for and she was able to give us plenty of options to choose from. All of the options were so good it was hard to choose just one!
    Then the wedding came and it went off without a hitch! Everyone was where they were supposed to be on time. The servers were all very professional and helpful. And all of my guests absolutely LOVED the food.
    Working with Dagar's Catering was great and I would definitely recommend them to anyone I know.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Megan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! We are always grateful when our brides take a moment to express such things and we are so very happy that Dagar's was a perfect match for you. We hope you are both enjoying a happy marriage so far!

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2013

Amazing Service! I will talk about the food but I want to first say how unexpectedly amazing the service was on our Big Day! Dagar's had a person assigned to the Bride and Groom to make sure we always had what we needed (be it water, food or beverage) Our wedding was in late June, so it was amazing to have someone ready with an ice cold glass of water always on hand for me and my wedding party. This person not only made sure I was always hydrated, but also my parents and grand parents! The food was also amazing! We had a limited budget, so it was essential to find one dish that would suite all 100 guests. Dagar's was so great in working with us to find the right combination that would work for everyone, including separate dishes for people with deadly allergies. After the night was over, the Dagar's staff helped to quickly clear the buffet, sweep and load cars with leftovers. We loved this vendor and would definitely recommend them for any special occasion because of their great service and attention to detail!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Jennifer,

Thank you so much for taking some time to share your positive feedback here! We pride ourselves greatly on our attention to detail and client services and I am so glad to hear that your experience with our staff was positive and enjoyable. It is our main goal to ensure that our brides, grooms and their families get an unforgettable experience in which they feel truly taken care of, so it definitely puts a smile on our face to hear that your event lead was so attentive. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and love! Please let us know if we can ever do anything else for your family.

Monica · Married on 04/05/2013

Dagar's Catering did an awesome job at our wedding. The food was very delicious! Kathryn was very helpful throughout the whole process of getting our menu together. She knew exactly how much we needed of everything. All and all the food and service was great!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Monica,

We appreciate you taking the time to share these kind words here! I am glad you and I were able to work together so easily and that you allowed us to be such an integral part of your big day. We hope you are enjoying a life of happiness and have been doing well since the spring!

Kathryn Dagar-Albarado

Our wedding was in March 2013, and we used Dagar's to cater the reception. They were fabulous. We looked at a lot of caterers around Austin, and Dagar's was by far the most competitively priced. When we told other vendors our food budget, they scoffed at us and would always send us a bid far outside of what we had budgeted. Kathryn, one of the owners of Dagar's, was the exact opposite. She worked with us to create a menu that was well within our budget, even with the rentals and service fees factored in. And, to be clear, the lower price was no reflection of the food or service they provided. Everything was exactly how we asked for it to be. We had food stations that consisted of comfort foods, and everyone at the wedding commented on how great the food was, particularly the barbecue sliders. I worked closely with Kathryn, and she was very responsive and always followed up quickly on any questions I had. She also worked with us to personalize our menu to exactly what we wanted. The night of the wedding, her staff was great. They ensured that the groom and I had food waiting at our places so that we had a chance to eat during the reception. They also packaged up a care package and put it in our car to take with us at the end of the night, which was much appreciated after a long night of dancing!

Sent on 04/05/2013

Dagar's Catering's reply:

I see that you have listed your profile as "Anonymous", but I have a good idea of who you are and I just wanted to say thank you for all of your kind words and for being a joy to work with. We know you had a wide variety of catering options to choose from here in Austin, and we are just very glad that you felt Dagar's was the right fit for you for such a special occasion. We always strive to make our clients feel that their needs are heard and hope that they ultimately can say they got everything that wanted on their big day when all is said and done. We are pleased to hear that you felt this was the case in your experience with us! Thanks again, we are wishing you all the best!

priscilla · Married on 09/28/2012

I just had my wedding in Austin, and for an out of town bride Kathryn and her team did an AMAZING job! They worked with our budget and tastes from the beginng to end. If you are looking for great food and customer service check them out!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Traci · Married on 07/02/2011

Everything was AMAZING. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. All of our guests complimented on how great the food tasted and how much they enjoyed the service of the staff. The staff went above and beyond our expectations. It simply could not have been better. I would and have already recommened you to everyone I know! Thank you so much for helping to make my wedding special.

Sent on 07/08/2011

Diana · Married on 06/25/2010

Dagar's Catering was wonderful to work with. They were always helpful and very flexable. Their cost was very reasonable. They were recommended by the venue and the venue did not steer us wrong. Dagar's was always very professional and friendly on the telephone and the night of my daughter's wedding was no different. All of the catering staff were so friendly and so helpful. They treated us like we were the most important people they had ever served. They packaged food for my daughter and her husband to take with them and packaged the rest of the food for my husband and myself to take home with us. The guests told us several times that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. I would highly recommend Dagar's to anyone if they want their event to go smoothly. I did not have to do anything but sit back and enjoy the evening. Thank you Dagar's for making my daughter's wedding so wonderful!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Kelsey · Married on 02/14/2010

We were very pleased with Dagar's.They went above and beyond.Our guests were very impressed with the food and service.We had the Italian Buffet.Not only are they very good they are very affordable.I would recommend going to one of their tasting events before you decide on your menu.

Sent on 03/03/2010