Dagar's Catering Reviews

1 User photo

Dagar's Catering 1

Christie · Married on 10/04/2019

Absolutely Recommend!

I was so thrilled with the service and quality of food that was served at our wedding. We did brisket and carnitas tacos with a pineapple salsa and onion marmalade. For our sides we did mac and cheese and potato salad. We got so many compliments on the food and the service. Communication was great throughout the entire planning process. I had many consultations with different caterers before booking Dagar and I feel they are very reasonably priced compared to most. My venue required me to book a full service caterer so they handled everything from set up to tear down. My wedding day was so smooth and stress free and I have Dagar to thank for that!

Sent on 10/28/2019

ANAIS VARGAS · Married on 09/20/2019

Delicous Food for Wedding

I did a lot of research before hiring a catering company for my wedding. I am so happy that I chose Dagar's. The company is very professional and communicated well with me. It included a free tasting. Also, I wanted gold flatware and certain linens. They were able to contract them out for me through another company.

The food was delicious! My husband and I chose brisket and fajitas (chicken and beef). Each entrée included sides and it was vast! My guests and I agree that the food and presentation was great! Our wedding was family style so it was great to see all my guests get served platters at the same time. Not to mention that my husband and I were served first and immediately, leftovers were packaged, and our parents were given a care package. Staff went above and beyond: they gave us water as soon as our ceremony ended and took appetizers to where we were taking family photos with the photographer. Drinks at the bar were good! They made a Grapefruit Spritzer that was amazing (Bride's Drink). We only had the Full Bar for 2 hours, yet coffee service was available. The only thing was after the bar closed and more guests were on the dance floor, water seemed scarce. However, I asked a staff member to bring more water carafes and he did.

Price is reasonable for EVERYTHING that is included! Hire Dagar's Catering!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Allyson

Allyson White · Married on 07/12/2019

Great service!

We hired Dagar's Catering (and their sister company, dna events) for all of our catering needs on our wedding day. It was easy to customize a package to fit our needs. We wanted appetizers for our cocktail hour from Dagar's, but we wanted Taco Deli to be brought in for our dinner. We wanted a full bar package, but we wanted to provide our own alcohol. Dagar's and dna events made all of this happen for us. Everything was easy to coordinate and they were there every step of the way to answer questions that we had. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Tammy Key · Married on 04/06/2019

Highly recommend

Dagar's was amazing!!!!! The food, service and staff were amazing!!! Very stress free, they took care of everything and they were very professional. The food was amazing, we received LOTS of compliments. We could not have been happier, they exceeded all of our expectations! I highly recommend.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you SO much for your glowing review! It was such a pleasure serving you all and we are so glad to hear your guests enjoyed the food as much as you did. Wishing you all a lifetime of love!
  • Courtney

Courtney Alexander · Married on 12/30/2018

Excellent customer service + flawless execution

Dagar's was so kind and patient the entire planning process and made everything super easy. I could not have hoped for it to go any smoother...honestly...I thought there was going to be issues left and right (I'm cynical), but it was perfect!!! I cannot say enough nice things about their staff. The woman (I cannot remember her name) who was helping me and my husband out throughout the night was AMAZING! She was so so kind and I never had an empty glass of champagne...it was perfect :)

The food was super tasty and the flip of the space from our ceremony to reception was flawless. I cannot believe everything went so smoothly. If there were any issues, I was not aware and they were easily taken care of. Dagar's has built a wonderful, family owned company and I commend them on their staff and all of their success. My dad is a small business owner, so I am fully aware of how difficult it is to surround yourself with reliable, helpful staff. And they have accomplished that, so congrats to you!!

BOOK THEM NOW!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this experience, Courtney! It means the world to us when our brides and grooms take the time to share their experiences. We are just so elated to hear that we could play a part in making your big day one to remember. Wishing you much love and happiness in your future!

Amy · Married on 09/21/2018

Where to begin?! They are simply the best. If you're looking for a cater that does it all for the most for your money look no further. They did it all from the food, bar, and even our linens. They were also super patient as we took a long time to to sign our contract and even worked with our tight budget. My mom is vegan and they even made her a vegan plate. I was so impressed. The food was so good there were no left overs after our event. The bartender was awesome and friendly. Thank you Dagar's for everything!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so appreciative of you for sharing your experience, Amy! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Erin · Married on 09/14/2018

Kathryn & her team at Dagar's really go above and beyond for their couples! We used them for catering (buffet style, with passed appetizers during cocktail hour) and bartending (beer & wine set-up package), and also rented several linens from them for our tables. They were SO easy to communicate with, and when the big day came around, everything from set-up to break-down was seamless and professional. They even made plates for us (the bride & groom) and served them to us before opening the buffet to our guests! We received so many compliments on the food, and we could not recommend them enough. Thank you, Dagar's!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so happy that your experience with us was such a positive and memorable one. We certainly pride ourselves on making things as smooth as possible for our clients. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness, Erin!

Sharna · Married on 09/06/2018

Dagar’s did a beautiful job catering our wedding. We had so many comments on how great the food was, especially the ceviche/avocado bar we had during cocktail hour. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Dagar's Catering 2

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words, Sharna! We are so thrilled that oru services and food met your expectations!

Sharie · Married on 01/06/2018

I cannot say enough about Dagar's Catering and the great food and service at my daughter's wedding! They are phenomenal! They were SO professional from the first time we made contact with them! Katherine listened and communicated throughout the process and answered any questions we had. There were some specific things we wanted and they went above and beyond to make it exactly right! On the day of the wedding, Jennifer showed up with her team with such a sweet, accommodating, and professional attitude that I knew I could trust her to take care of things and I could enjoy the day! They were so efficient in the way they served our guests! Their setup was beautiful and they did so much to make sure the bride and groom, parents, and grandparents had what they needed so they could eat, enjoy the time, and visit with the guests!

And then the food! It was wonderful! So many people told us how delicious the food was and they made sure no one went hungry! They boxed up what was left and we were able to enjoy it the next day! There is nothing that they could have done better! It was perfect! My daughter and her husband could not believe all the special touches Dagar's was willing to do to customize the menu for them! We are so glad we went with Dagar's!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Sharie! I am so happy to hear that we helped to make your daughter's big day a memorable and special one. We hope to work with your family again in the future!

Brittny · Married on 07/01/2017

If you are looking for a caterer that not only has incredibly yummy food but impeccable service then you found it!!
    From the moment we walked in to our tasting until the very last minute of our special wedding day at Twisted Ranch Dagar's hit it out of the park! Most importantly Jennifer Hage is by far the BEST captain of all time! WE (bride, groom and parents) along with ours guests were totally amazed at the personal service and quality we received. You simply MUST check them out and you will see that they are by far the best!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing review Brittny! Jennifer is truly a prized member of our team and we are consistently thrilled to hear that she delivers the utmost in care for our brides and grooms on events. We are wishing you two a lifetime of happiness and love and hope to see you again for your next big life celebration!

Marion · Married on 05/21/2017

We hired Dagar based on our budget and the spectacular reviews. I can honestly say, they were a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations tenfold. They really made the process fun with their extensive menu options, delightful tasting experience, and flexibility. We had their "southern comfort" lemonade service during a pre-ceremony time period, and all my guests RAVED about the lemonade selections. We then had three tray-passed appetizers and bar service during a post-ceremony hour (while bride and groom did pictures), and again everything was delicious and on point. We then had the beef tenderloin (with carving station), salmon, asparagus, beet salad, mashed potatoes, and bread. My guests are still bringing up how delicious everything was. Our bartender and service staff made sure the bride (myself) and groom didnt' wait in any lines and kept us fed and drinking the whole event. Do yourself a favor...hire Dagar! They're worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so very much for sharing your words, Marion! It was a true pleasure to serve you, Michael, and your guests. We hope you two are enjoying the married life so far!

Andrew · Married on 02/04/2017

Dagar's Catering was a wonderful choice for our big day. Kathryn knew our venue space very well and did a wonderful job of guiding us in regard to our guest flow, food and beverage placement, and food quantities. Later in the planning process, Rosalie was equally attentive, helping us finalize our catering and menu logistics with ease. Our guests loved the food at the wedding! We especially heard great comments about the Brussels sprouts, which was one of our favorite dishes as well. Most of all, we were especially thrilled with the level of personal care the Dagar's staff put in to ensuring that our families were well cared for. I would highly recommend Dagar's for any event where quality service is a high priority!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so happy for you and Trace, Andrew! We are honored to have been part of such a special day. We would have had it no other way! :)

MichaelElaine · Married on 01/07/2017

Dagar's was absolutely perfect to work with. They were focussed on our needs, and wanted to help us get what we wanted for our wedding. I never felt pushed into any decisions, and all ideas were talked about. They even worked with us to create a special cocktail for our day! They were also fabulous when it came to working with our other vendors, especially the reception venue. On the day of, the staff went above and beyond to make sure myself and the groom were taken care of. And all of our guests enjoyed the food! They even made sure we had to-go dinners ready for us when we got into our get away car at the end of the night. I would recommend them for any occasion, big or small!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are floored by this feedback, MichaelElaine! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share this experience. We had a wonderful time working with you and Zachary and love nothing more than to hear that you felt like you were taken care of on your big day. We are sending wishes of love and a lifetime of joy to you both!

Allison · Married on 11/05/2016

Kathryn and her team our AMAZING! The guests at my wedding are still talking about our YUMMY food. Seriously , it was that good. She makes incredibly tasty items and even entertained a lot of customized options I wanted to play with - and frankly blew me away bring more creativity and talent then I could have imagined.

Kathryn is the ultimate professional and provided great service the entire way through - even wow'ing me at our first tasting with a special set-up. Her personality is take charge and I had ultimate confidence with her the entire way through....she just knows her stuff. Probably one of the most impressive things about Kathryn is her big picture nature -she may have been our caterer but generously provided advice and guidance beyond just catering that really helped me out -having such a leader among the vendors really helped drive the ship!

She was patient with me when I went crazy and kept me honest to budget I wanted to achieve - it was so great to have her as a sounding board and to bring the real when I needed it :)

At end of the night of our wedding, I found her and gave her a HUG. What she did for our wedding, I will forever be grateful. As you can see, I'm a HUGE fan. Borderlines obsessed with her :) So, look nowhere else and book Dagar's. The food, the service and price...and most importantly Kathryn, herself....can't be Beat. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Wow! Thank you for such kind words, Allison! It really touches us to see when we have helped make someone's big day so memorable. We are sending all of the best wishes out to you and Allistair!

Becky · Married on 10/09/2016

Dagar's Catering of Austin catered our October 9th wedding at Ma Maison in Dripping Springs. We cannot be more pleased with the service we received from Dagar's. Kathryn and Rosalie worked so well with my family and our other vendors to ensure a flawless event. Our timeline went just as it should have and the dinner service was flawless. We had about 150 guests and they all raved about the food! The servers were so friendly and responsive - they made my groom and I feel like royalty the night of our wedding! The value of the service you receive from Dagar's is more than worth the cost. They handle the set up and break down and so many of the details that we did not have to worry about anything and could just enjoy our night. I recommend Dagar's Catering to anyone having a wedding or big event; you will not regret it!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, Becky! We had such a wonderful time taking care of you, Brett, and your guests and wish you all a lifetime of happiness and love!
  • Y

Yazmin · Married on 10/01/2016

Dagar's 100% knocked it put of the park. They have our wedding guests 5 star service for a reasonable price and were always on top of what they needed to be doing. I have no complaints and Kathryn was able to help us all the way through the process. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Yazmin, thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are so glad that you enjoyed everything we provided for your big day and our quality of service to you, Tyler, and your families. Please let us know if we can help with any other milestones in your lives. Wishing you all the best and a lifetime of love!

Rhonda · Married on 09/15/2016

Dagar's Catering provided top quality food and service for our wedding reception. All of our guest were very impressed. My partner and I had no idea of where to begin or what we even wanted the menu to look like. We googled and went to websites and were informed that we needed to fill out a menu questionnaire to receive a quote. The we came across Dagar's. Rosalie was fantastic, she promptly got in touch with me and set up a face to face meeting with us. Before the meeting we received a menu so we could ask questions. This was important to us because looking at a menu and discussing it in person is entirely different. From the moment we walked in we felt welcome. Rosalie took the time to sell us on the menu and services offered. After hearing all the options we were able to pick the menu that suited our needs. They were always there to answer whatever questions we had before our event. The food and everything was fantastic. We would highly recommend Dagar's Catering.

Sent on 04/06/2017

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind words, Rhonda! We pride ourselves on taking care of our clients from start to finish and ensuring that they encounter as little stress as possible in this process. We couldn't be happier to hear that Rosalie gave you that feeling of being guided and well cared for! We are wishing you both a wonderful life filled with love and happiness!

Sarah · Married on 06/12/2016

We loved working with Dagars!! They were very prompt and efficient every time we talked to them. We worked mostly with Kathryn, but everyone on staff that I talked to was knowledgeable and I felt like they helped me make the best of my budget! The food was very good, and we loved the lemonade bar at our cocktail hour! Everything ran smoothy the day-of and I had nothing to worry about. I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this positive experience, Sarah! We were honored to be a part of your big day and hope you two have been enjoying a wonderful life thus far as a married couple!

Laura · Married on 03/06/2016

The food at our reception was awesome, it came out hot but not over cooked like you get at some weddings! They made the bride & groom and the parents of the bride a bag of food that had two meals prepared and some cake to enjoy after the wedding, which I thought was very thoughtful! The wait staff was amazing; everyone seemed to be smiling and happy to help when asked for something. I loved the lady who was taking care of my husband and I and I wish I could remember her name but she was very attentive and made sure I always had a drink in my hand and if I walked up to the bar the bartender knew my drink before I had to ask for it!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Laura! We hope you and Garth have been enjoying married life thus far. All the best wishes going your way!
  • Terra

Terra · Married on 02/13/2016

I can’t say enough great things about Dagar’s. We used them for both our bar and food service and they did an excellent job. Kat and her team were great about checking in with us throughout the months of planning and always very quick on response time. One thing I feel like everyone always complains about at weddings is the food. That it wasn’t that good or there wasn’t enough, but that was not the case for us. We had the smoked beef tenderloin with chimichurri sauce & smoked turkey breast. Amazing!!! People were telling me how great the food was (from some of our snobbier guests) and that most people went back for seconds. They were great about packing our extra food. It was packed up and ready for us to take home the night of our wedding. One of the many reasons we went with Dagar’s is that not only were they affordable, but they were also a preferred vendor at Memory Lane. This made things so much easier! I told each company who was doing what and they talked amongst themselves and delivered perfect results. I just showed up and had a great time. Would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you tons for your kind words, Terra! We had a wonderful time taking care of you, Travis, and your guests. We hope you two are enjoying the married life!

Love them! Great service! Food was on time and delicious. All my guests had great things to say afterwards.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

It always makes us so happy to read things like this. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Martha · Married on 11/07/2015

Dagar's was amazing! The communication was great and their staff was so wonderful and helpful during the wedding. Our guests loved the food! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Cheryl · Married on 09/06/2015

Dagar's Catering recently catered my daughter, Natalie's wedding. We were very pleased with the ease and cooperation with which we were able to obtain exactly what Natalie desired for her Austin wedding. From the initial requests for a proposal to the completion of the wedding reception, Dagar's was very professional, efficient and easy to work with at every level. The food was amazing and exactly to order! The attention to detail was appreciated.
    The staff provided during the wedding and reception were all professional and quick to cover each and every need.
    Dagar's made our entire wedding event special and we thank them for their service and quality.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive words, Cheryl! We were so overjoyed to have had the chance to take care of Natalie and Jacob's special day. We hope they are enjoying a wonderful life of love together. Best wishes to you all!

Geena · Married on 08/28/2015

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Dagar's Catering is! We got married on August 28 and Kathryn was the kindest person to work with. We planned our wedding from out of town and in only 4 months, but Kathryn was so kind in answering every single question I had (and I had A LOT)! The level of professionalism and customer service was amazing. Dagar's was easily the best vendor I used during my planning. When I first started looking at caterers, there was a bit of sticker shock at what some companies in Austin were quoting me. Dagar's had the most affordable prices and the food was SO delicious! They've been in the catering business for a while and our guests took notice because we got so many compliments. Even better, you can take the leftover food home after your event. You will not regret booking them! Thank you Dagar's for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

We are so happy to have had the chance to help bring your big day to life, Geena! Thank you so much for entrusting us with such a momentous occasion. We hope you and Martin are enjoying married life!

This is a family run company. Their food is good and served hot. We chose to do a family style dinner, had appetizers passed out at cocktail hour and even used their bar services. It could not have been anymore perfect. My dad was so impressed with the BBQ that he was asking if they sold their brisket somewhere. Kathryn is a joy to work with. I will definitely keep this company in mind for future events.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Dagar's Catering's reply:

Thank you for sharing this experience! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our services and food. We pride ourselves on being a family company that values the happiness and satisfaction of our clients about all and it warms our hearts to read reviews like this. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again in the future!