Dade County Food Group Reviews

16 | Miami, FL

16 Reviews for Dade County Food Group

• Jacqueline

Jacqueline Skelley · Married on 03/24/2020

Saved my wedding day from Coronavirus

To start off according to Brian (the main man at DCFG) I am not your average Bride and therefore I spent a lot more time with Brian than most people writing reviews. I am the type of bride that wants to make each payment in person even if electronic, finalize details in person, and sometimes just ask questions in person. I planned my entire wedding by myself and wanted a lot of confirmation on details. Therefore I made the drive to see Brian and his crew on many occasions and as a result I feel that I really got to know them. Brian and DCFG are the BEST all around! They do NOT nickel and dime you and lead you down a broken road once the contract has been signed... unlike a lot of vendors. The food tasting was amazing and personalized just for us. On one occasion I just so happened to stop by after he made himself and the crew breakfast and I was welcomed to eat as well. Even down to the unplanned breakfast tasting was it amazing. Each visit he was professional and made accommodations to meet with me. He understood we had a budget and helped us to make selections that would allow us to have a beautiful and delicious wedding (and it was!) all while staying reasonably priced. During meetings I would also express other issues occurring with my wedding, outside of catering, and he would offer advice and helpful ways to go about situations not even involved in catering. He is the BEST! Did I already mention that?!? And to top it all off, Brian helped to save my wedding day during the madness of the coronavirus and for that I cannot thank him and the DCFG enough. Thank YOU sooo much! I will never hire a different catering company thanks to your wonderful service.
    - Jackie (that crazy OCD nurse bride)

Sent on 05/12/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Cavalcante · Married on 02/16/2020

The best food and professionals!

DCFG has tons of variety to chose from. The food was excellent and everyone raved about the truffle mac and cheese. Don't skip on it!

They are true professionals and an A team! Communication, day of execution and food quality all perfect!

Thank you DCFG!

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Leo

Leo Bentovim · Married on 12/07/2019

The best caterer ever!!

We used Dade County Food Group for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. They were so easy to work with, super flexible and they made great recommendations. Their team is amazing and their food is super delicious!! Everyone was raving about our Hor d'oeuvres. If you are considering them for an event...DO IT!!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Romana · Married on 11/10/2019

Best Catering Company EVER!!

Brian and his team at DCFG are simply the BEST, there's no other way to put it! It was such a pleasure to work with such kind, dedicated, talented, flexible and funny professionals. They were always very responsive, listening to our needs and SO accommodating, it's ridiculous. On top of that, their food was DELICIOUS and extremely affordable considering the quality of service and the quality of food they provided. We felt so lucky to have them as our caterer. Our guests Raved about how exquisite the food was, they couldn't have enough! It was very important to us to have great food and great service and DCFG delivered a 5 star VIP service at every level. Don't think twice and hire them for your wedding, they are truly WORTH it!!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Gascon · Married on 10/19/2019

The real MVPs!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the whole staff was! From the tasting to the day of. They took care of our family and guests all night. While we were taking our family pictures, one of the waiters kept bringing us app's and drinks. It's the little things!!! We are thrilled that DCFG was our full-service caterer (food, open bar, wait staff and bartenders) of choice!! They roasted a whole pig on-site in a caja china just like we wanted. I know you'll be our family's number one choice for future events.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Schilling · Married on 08/31/2019

best food in miami!

Let me tell you guys, the staff over at dade county are THE BEST!!! Throughout the whole wedding planning process they were super helpful with everything, even things that didnt have to do with catering!
    Not only are they amazing people but their food is outstanding! 1000% recommend!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Simi

Simi · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing food and experience!

Brian and the whole team we’re incredibly professional and responsive throughout the entire planning process. They were also super transparent about the pricing and how we could save money (very rare for a wedding caterer). It’s been a month since our wedding and people keep telling us how good the food was. We had him do our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and Sunday brunch. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Samantha · Married on 03/30/2019

Guests keep calling to tell me about the food!

Just wow. Our wedding was two weeks ago and guests are STILL calling/texting to tell me about the delicious food. Do not be afraid to get creative with Brian and his chef José. They are a dream team and will cook up whatever you need and then blow your expectations out of the water. I changed the menu kinda last minute and wanted it to be more Italian themed. I asked for a carving station featuring porchetta, something I haven’t had since I was in Italy, and it was so so so good. Brian was so accommodating and easy to work with. Food came out quickly and no one complained about there not being enough appetizers. My only regret is not eating more! So many people tell you that you won’t eat on your wedding day and they’re right. I had tiny bites and I wish I could have savored everything. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Kimberly · Married on 02/08/2019

Definitely RecomMend

We highly recommend DCFG, they were an integral part of making our wedding a success! The appetizers turned out amazing, as did the main courses. Several of our guests commented that it was a rarity that catered food could be so good.

In addition to feeding our family and friends, DCFG went above and beyond with small details that added up to make our day stress free and special. From providing Peruvian welcome drinks to our guests, to transporting items to our venue for our dessert table so that we wouldn't have to, we couldn't believe how lucky we were that Brian and his staff were so easy going about everything and just focused on helping us achieve our dream wedding.

Sent on 03/10/2019

Jocelyn · Married on 11/16/2018

Highly recommend

Brian and his entire crew were amazing! If one thing you are grateful for as a Bride is the instant replies via text or email at anytime of the day, especially with something so important as the food for your big day! We knew the food and service were going to be amazing from the day we did the tasting. Everything was delicious and Brian was so welcoming that it made choosing him and his team that much easier. Food was one of the most important things for us and Brian and his team did not fail us. The day of, the food was delicious and not just because the bride and groom say so but because all of our guests said so! (and went back for seconds). I highly recommend Brian and his team. Thank you all!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • W

Wells · Married on 06/30/2018

Say "i do" to dcfg

Listen, if you're planning a wedding you already need to make a billion decisions. Make this easier on yourself and just book Brian and DCFG NOW. Brian was so flexible and attentive. We had a plated 2 course menu which we changed at least 3 times during the planning phases. Each time Brian took the notes and came back with more amazing options and ideas. We ended up going with an amazing bone-in short rib and a pan seared corvina with a sweet potato puree. He also helped us plan our rehearsal dinner which was an authentic paella with a kale Caesar salad.

All of the plates at both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding were cleaned off by our guests. The food was all so amazing. Our guests were raving about how tasty everything was.

They provided Mixologists at our bar and people also were raving about Gabriel and the awesome drinks he made. Not only did they do an amazing job on our signature drinks, but made other off-menu drinks on request.

The service was also impeccble. Brian, Veronica, and their staff took amazing care of all the guests, the pacing of the meal was perfect and my wife and I were able to really relax and just have a great time at dinner.

I could go on and on and on about how amazing they are, but honestly just stop reading reviews now and give Brian a call and see the magic they can create for your event. I know for us they created an experience that we'll remember for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Mo · Married on 04/28/2018

Brian and the entire team at Dade County Food Group were amazing caterers for both our welcome party and wedding. They were flexible and willing to do family style for the wedding, which we know is logistically challenging, and pulled it off deliciously with a fantastic fusion of Cuban and FL Keys fare. The entire group is extremely professional, talented, low maintenance, extremely communicative, and fun! Guests loved them and everything was delicious and exactly on time!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Jaime · Married on 01/20/2018

Brian, Jose, Carolina and the entire Date County Food Group crew were absolute rockstars. We met Brian when we came to Miami to meet with our wedding planner, and after that first meeting knew we couldn't have our wedding without him. DCFG was extremely flexible with our menu and brainstormed some amazing and creative ideas for our out of the box wedding. Brian hosted us for a tasting where he had my Grandma licking her plate. During the week of the wedding, Brian met us at Costco to help buy the alcohol for the wedding and took it off our hands by storing and transporting it to the various venues. Our guests were blown away by the food. Presentation, creativeness, and flavor were amazing, and we still hear compliments on DCFG's work months later.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/11/2015

Here we have a team of highly talented, efficient and customer service oriented professionals. They seriously went above and beyond in catering my wedding and rehearsal dinner. I was an out of town bride and it was incredibly challenging to plan a wedding from a far but they made is seamless. They were responsive (and i mean phone, email and text) which is very hard to find in Miami. They made it very obvious to me that I was important to them and they took great pride in their work. And the food was delicious! I have been to very few weddings where the food is still remembered 6 months out and i can tell you i am very proud that the food dade county food group provided us with is still being talked about! We are total food snobs so having gourmet food was a must and thankfully Brian and his team were ready to make it happen and keep it within our price range. If i could do it again i would not hesitate to make the same decision.

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • AileenRoxane

Roxane · Married on 12/27/2020

Delicious food and straightforward service!

Brian and his team were very easy to work with from the beginning. They came recommended by many venues we visited so I knew we had to request a tasting. They offered us and our moms a free tasting and were not stingy! We tried multiple apps and two entrée choices. After that, we were sold! Their pricing is very affordable without compromising the quality of the food.

Sent on 01/11/2021
  • F

Finola · Married on 12/07/2019

Best Food Ever!

My husband and I got married in Islamorada. Our three big things on our list were good food, good drinks, and good music. Dade County Food Group provided the absolute best of two of those things. The appetizers and buffet were amazing. Brian and Kenny walked us through the whole process and even recommended using mixologist to kick things up a notch. They were perfect. Everyone raved about them the whole night. Thank you DCFG for making our night perfect.

Sent on 12/13/2019