Daddy Pop Reviews

39 | Red Bank, NJ

39 Reviews for Daddy Pop

39 Daddy Pop Reviews

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2018

I heard Daddy Pop preform 3 times prior to booking them for my wedding, and each time they were fantastic. It was a no brainer when it came time to finding music for our wedding. Scott, Eric, and Liz were all super responsive, professional and accommodating. They play a wide variety of music that caters to everyone and they sound awesome live. I loved that they also had a DJ so you get the best of both worlds. They make it interactive by bringing the MC out on the floor as well as some of the portable instruments, which my guests absolutely loved. Almost a week later, I am still getting calls and texts telling me how amazing the band sounded, how they loved the song choices, and how they will be recommending them to their friends. I've had several people tell me how fun and a nice change of pace it was to dance to a live band. I'm so happy with my decision to go with Daddy Pop and would 100% recommend them to anyone who needs a band for a special event.

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2018

I wish there were more stars that I could give Daddy Pop. There are literally not enough great things I can say about Liz and her crew. Being a musician and overall music fanatic, it's nerve wracking to pick the perfect wedding band and know that they will truly understand your taste in music. Daddy Pop delivered a night we will never forget, playing every song we wanted to hear and songs we didn't know we wanted to hear!!! They were so fun, personable and easy to work with. They are experienced and know exactly what to do at weddings (aka they're on top of their sh*t!). We had a bit of a different set up than most venues, so we were nervous about how the logistics were going to work. Once we spoke to Liz, we had no worries about how the day would go. Also, if you're looking for a band that absolutely nails Bruce Springsteen songs, Daddy Pop is it!!! We love Daddy Pop and will continue to be groupies for as long as they'll let us :)

Amelia · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired Daddy Pop for our July 2018 wedding and they were absolutely amazing! They were so interactive, high energy, and they kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. Everyone was raving about them (and they still are!) They were so good that my sister hired them for her wedding next August a few days after my wedding. They were also very friendly and easy to work with!

Emily · Married on 07/06/2018

Most brides book their venue before their band. However, after seeing Daddy Pop live last summer down the Jersey Shore, I was so set on having them be a part of my wedding that I booked a date with them BEFORE booking my venue! That is how amazing they are! As a bride, it was the best feeling in the world planning a wedding having full trust in the band I had chosen. From the initial message I sent them and all the way up until the day of my wedding, the entire Daddy Pop team was an absolute pleasure to work with. They were respectful, professional, and most importantly, very organized. They continued to keep in touch with me throughout the entire planning process. In fact, the lead singer, Liz, even called me the week of my wedding to go over all final details. My husband and I didn't even feel that we needed to give them "do not play" songs because we knew they would read our crowd and have everyone on the dance floor the entire night. They did exactly that! Daddy Pop, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for bringing your energy and talent to our wedding! We are still getting compliments on how incredible you were. We will definitely continue to come see you guys perform at locations nearby!
    -Emily & Dominic

Kristen · Married on 09/29/2017

If you are looking for an amazing band to keep your guests on their feet all night long at your wedding – then definitely consider Daddy Pop!! They are absolutely fantastic!! Trust that they are pros and know how to read your crowd and help curate a fantastic set list to keep the energy up throughout your wedding!! We had Daddy Pop’s 11 piece band (the horn section is awesome!) entertaining our guests for the 5.5 hours of our reception at The Estate at Florentine Gardens back in September 2017 and our guests are still raving about them! We couldn’t be happier with them! We had no issues with them from the minute we booked them a little over a year before our wedding. They were a pleasure to work with – especially the lovely band leader, Liz, who called us the week of our wedding to go through the run of show and confirm the pronunciation of everyone’s names, our must play song list and specialty dance songs as well (one of which they learned just for our wedding – for our father/daughter dance – which they have now added to their already robust song list!). We can’t recommend them enough – they were wonderful!!

Jaime · Married on 09/09/2017

Daddy Pop had been on my radar for my wedding, before I even met my now husband! I saw them at a wedding about 9 years ago, then again 3 years ago ( with my husband), so the morning after we got engaged the first thing i did was email Daddy Pop! I HAD to have them! Liz is an amazing band leader. We told them what we did’t want to hear and let them do whatever else they wanted! The dance floor was packed all night long! They performed a great version of the Foo Fighters - “Learn to Fly”. Our first dance, my dance with my father, and my husband’s dance with his mother were all performed beautifully by the band. They have the perfect mix of extremely talented band members! Nate hypes up the crowd and takes it to another level! Everyone loved the band. We are officially Daddy Pop Groupies.

If you are looking for an amazing wedding band that knows how to read a crowd and don’t want to worry, book Daddy Pop!

Lindsay · Married on 08/19/2017

Hiring Daddy Pop as our wedding band was probably the easiest and best decision we made for our big day. Our wedding was about 3 weeks ago in NJ and our guests have not stopped raving about this band. It was really important to us to have a packed dance floor the whole night and Daddy Pop delivered. They kept everyone going nonstop the whole night. Scott and Liz were so easy to work with. We made a few specific song requests and left the rest up to them. They read the crowd perfectly and absolutely nailed each song selection! Seriously, if you're looking for an incredible band and want to have a GREAT party atmosphere at your wedding, Daddy Pop is a no brainer.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2016

First, we booked Daddy Pop immediately after we became engaged, before we even thought about a venue. Basically all I am going to say is if you can afford a band, then you should be booking Daddy Pop. People moved all night long, I know I did. They helped make our wedding night the best party of the year. I loved working with them, everything was easy and they were more than helpful.

I will also suggest, let the band do their thing, we followed their directions about selections so they could get to know us and they did the rest. With this band, you should not feel compelled to create entire playlists! They rocked the house. We may have to plan an anniversary party just to book them again!

Dana · Married on 09/23/2016

While planning a wedding was excited, yet stressful choosing Daddy Pop was the easiest decision I could have possibly made. From the beginning process to the night of my wedding Liz, the lead singer was so helpful and accommodating! The whole night everyone was on the dance floor and now a week later people are still telling me what a fabulous band I picked! I couldn't agree more! This band is so talented and east to work with! Now that I am looking back, never at one point was I ever yelling over the band or struggling to hear people which I thought might be a problem because they are in fact a live band. The sound was at a perfect level to have a conversation, even on the dance floor. I wish I could do my wedding over again for many reasons, but just to be carefree on the dance floor dancing the night away. Great band! Even better people! Thank you again for making my night so unforgettable.

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2016

Daddy Pop was absolutely AMAZING on our wedding day on 8/13/16!!! We hadn't seen them live before our big day, but reviews we read and videos we saw made us confident in our decision and the band definitely did not disappoint! Liz was so friendly, easygoing, and such a pleasure to work with and Don, the keyboardist, played our ceremony music beautifully. The band members were very interactive with the crowd during our reception and played such a wide variety of songs for everyone to enjoy - the dance floor was packed before dinner was even served and stayed packed all night!! They even let my cousin (who is a musician) play the drums for a song with them which was so special (Liz checked with me to make sure it was ok first, which I really appreciated). We still have guests telling us how incredible the band was and how much fun they had dancing the night away! Our wedding was truly unforgettable and Daddy Pop made our reception SO MUCH FUN! We highly recommend them for anyone looking for a wedding band!

Katie · Married on 06/17/2016

This band is so much fun, and I highly recommend then. We found Daddy Pop online from a wedding vendors list. After listening to them at a local bar, we decided we had to have them for our wedding. Best decision we made. Our guests were raving about the band all night and after the wedding. Liz is such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process of planning. We had a small list of "do" and "don't" play, but other than those songs, the band took the lead on planning the wedding set list based on our guests responses. This was great because the band adjusted songs to meet our guests' moods. Very interactive band with the sax player joining us on the dance for and Liz having us sing along at one point in the night. Highly recommend this band for a guarantee great time.

Marcelo · Married on 05/07/2016

Daddy Pop is a huge reason (possibly THE reason) we had such an amazing wedding reception. They brought the house down and the crowd really fed off their energy. The band is comprised of true pros and were such a delight to work with throughout the entire process. We cannot thank them enough for such a fun night full of great music and dancing! You will be thrilled and very fortunate to have Daddy Pop at your wedding.

Vanessa · Married on 10/25/2015

Hiring Daddy Pop for our wedding on 10/25/15 was one of the BEST decisions my husband and I made for our special day! It has been 3 weeks since our wedding, and we are STILL receiving rave reviews from our guests about how wonderful Daddy Pop was, and how much fun our guests had dancing and singing along with the band! They are true professionals and excellent musicians who ensure the music for your wedding is exactly what you want! If you are looking to really WOW your guests and have an unforgettable event, hiring Daddy Pop is a must!

Daddy Pop was the perfect band for our wedding! They played so many different types of music and had everyone on their feet dancing all night. They were wonderful- book with them and you won't be disappointed!

Daddy Pop was the best wedding band I could have asked for! From the moment I spoke with Liz the week prior to my wedding I knew it was going to be great. She was easy to work with and had many helpful suggestions. From the start of the night the band created the party we were hoping for and had all of our guests out on the dance floor. Guests are still commenting to us about how great the band was. Thank you Daddy Pop for making our big day so amazing! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band!

Seriously made our night! The wedding was kickass thanks to Daddy Pop! Everyone absolutely loved them as did we and people are asking me still who we used so they can get in contact. Sooo amazing! Thanks again!

Alexandra · Married on 12/06/2014

Seriously was the most amazing band! Two months after and people are still asking who we used for our wedding. You could not have done a better job of keeping everyone on the dance floor and entertaining everyone to the fullest! I would do the night all over again and invite another 250+ just so we could dance the night away again! You guys were fantastic!
    Xoxo Alex and Damian

Jamie · Married on 05/17/2014

The day after we booked the venue for our wedding, the first thing I did was call up Daddy Pop to see if they were available. I didn't need to spend a second thinking about bands. I've been to over 30 weddings in my life, and Daddy Pop was all I wanted. In all honestly, I would have changed the wedding date if they weren't available. I first saw them at a bar in Hoboken and then 2 of my friends hired them for their weddings.

About a month before the wedding, I filled out all of the necessary paperwork. I barely highlighted any "must play" or "do not play" songs because I had complete faith that the band would be able to read the crowd the day of the wedding, and make sure everyone was up on the dance floor. About two weeks before the wedding, the band leader, Liz, called to speak with me. She was a bit surprised about how open we were to anything, in which I just said, "You are incredible, and anything you do will be perfect." I just asked that one of my favorite songs would be played at some point when I was in the room.

The day of the wedding, I couldn't have been happier. The band has a new singer, Chris, who brought a totally amazing vibe to the group. I loved that the band came out on the dance floor and interacted with the guests. They knew exactly what to sing and when to perform it. Our entrance song, first-dance, mother-son, and father-daughter songs were all performed live and I wish we had a videographer for the sole reason of being able to hear the band again. The few songs we did request were all sung at the most perfect time. As for my favorite song, Liz knew just when to sing it!

"Best band I have ever heard at a wedding!" was just one of the many phrases that has been floating around since our May wedding.

Thank you Daddy Pop for truly making our wedding a dream come true! I'm definitely going to be making some trips down the Shore to see them perform again.

Daddy Pop is amazing - I had seen them several times over the years at bars and other events. When my fiance and I got engaged, the very first thing I did when we picked a date was call Liz to make sure Daddy Pop was available for our wedding. They were so great to work with - Liz was always available to answer questions, give her opinion, or even tell me that my idea might not work out as I had it in my head - they are the experts and I am so glad I listened on some decisions. My husband and I gave them a short list of "must play" and "do not play" songs and they customized the night's set list based on our preference and it was perfect. The night was amazing - there was barely any room on the dance floor all night - everyone at our 200 person wedding was dancing constantly, and now almost a year later so many friends and family are still telling us that our wedding was amazing and our wedding band was the best they have ever seen! Daddy Pop truly made the night one to remember!

Corey · Married on 04/05/2014

There aren't enough stars to adequately describe how amazing Daddy Pop was, and how much of an impact they had on our special night.

From our first meeting, the band was enthusiastic, supportive, and a tremendous help in figuring out how we wanted our wedding to feel. They took the time to work through the flow of the evening, making sure our party was exactly what we had imagined.

Musically, Daddy Pop is as tight as any band. They are professional musicians, not people doing music as a side gig, and I feel bad every time I refer to them as a "wedding band" because it doesn't do them justice.

From Motown, soul and R&B to rock, pop and hip-hop, Daddy Pop had our entire wedding up on their feet for 3 straight hours. Nearly every person at our wedding made a point of telling us how great the band was.

I know I'm biased, but having attended numerous weddings over the past few years, I can honestly say that Daddy Pop was the best band I've seen. I can't imagine having had anyone else play our wedding.

Meghan · Married on 10/26/2013

Phenomenal!!! Daddy Pop is such an amazing group of performers! Not only was everyone at our wedding dancing and having fun, but the music was superb! Liz and the entire band were so easy to work with and really listened to what we wanted for our wedding ensuring the must play songs were there and keeping everyone going all night! We have had a lot of the guests tell us that this is the best band they have seen at a wedding. I can honestly say that you helped make our wedding the perfect day! Every single person in the band was committed to making the wedding about us. How great is it when the sax player comes out and plays just for you and the singers are on the dance floor getting everyone involved in singing a song. Absolutely amazing and I would strongly recommend Daddy Pop to anyone!

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2013

We cannot say enough about Daddy Pop and how they made our wedding the best day of our life. Liz is so wonderful to work with and really will make your vision come true. From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception, the music was absolutely perfect. It is a great feeling to hear people say that your wedding is the best wedding they have ever been to, and that is completely because of the level of talent and energy Daddy Pop brings. The dance floor was full the entire night and every song was better than the last. Thank you all for making our day wonderful, we cannot thank you enough!

Kyle and Kelly

Elyse · Married on 09/20/2013

Daddy Pop played for my wedding - they were amazing!! Listing to any of their online tracks does not even BEGIN to do them justice! They play locally in the central jersey/jersey shore area so if you can possibly go see them live I would really recommend it. They will blow you away! I gave them maybe 3 "must-play" songs and then just told them to read the crowd and play what feels right. I could not have picked a better playlist if I tried. Every song was spot on for the moment, the crowd on the floor. They truly made my wedding reception spectacular.

Daddy Pop was FANTASTIC! Everyone was out on the dance floor all night. They played a wide variety of music - something for everyone.

Daddy Pop were just fantastic. They worked closely with us to come up with the perfect song list, didn't require any attention from the happy couple as they were setting up, and even helped take over some of the MC duties when the event coordinator from the venue disappeared!

Never mind the MUSIC! The band is truly incredible and I know at least two couples who already want Daddy Pop to play their wedding. It wouldn't have been the same experience without them.

THANK YOU LIZ AND EVERYBODY ELSE!!!