35 Reviews for Daddy Pop

Lighting (4)
Liability Insurance (3)
Gobo Projector (1)
34 Daddy Pop Reviews

If you are looking for an amazing band to keep your guests on their feet all night long at your wedding – then definitely consider Daddy Pop!! They are absolutely fantastic!! Trust that they are pros and know how to read your crowd and help curate a fantastic set list to keep the energy up throughout your wedding!! We had Daddy Pop’s 11 piece band (the horn section is awesome!) entertaining our guests for the 5.5 hours of our reception at The Estate at Florentine Gardens back in September 2017 and our guests are still raving about them! We couldn’t be happier with them! We had no issues with them from the minute we booked them a little over a year before our wedding. They were a pleasure to work with – especially the lovely band leader, Liz, who called us the week of our wedding to go through the run of show and confirm the pronunciation of everyone’s names, our must play song list and specialty dance songs as well (one of which they learned just for our wedding – for our father/daughter dance – which they have now added to their already robust song list!). We can’t recommend them enough – they were wonderful!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Daddy Pop had been on my radar for my wedding, before I even met my now husband! I saw them at a wedding about 9 years ago, then again 3 years ago ( with my husband), so the morning after we got engaged the first thing i did was email Daddy Pop! I HAD to have them! Liz is an amazing band leader. We told them what we did’t want to hear and let them do whatever else they wanted! The dance floor was packed all night long! They performed a great version of the Foo Fighters - “Learn to Fly”. Our first dance, my dance with my father, and my husband’s dance with his mother were all performed beautifully by the band. They have the perfect mix of extremely talented band members! Nate hypes up the crowd and takes it to another level! Everyone loved the band. We are officially Daddy Pop Groupies.

If you are looking for an amazing wedding band that knows how to read a crowd and don’t want to worry, book Daddy Pop!

Profile Picture Jaime, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hiring Daddy Pop as our wedding band was probably the easiest and best decision we made for our big day. Our wedding was about 3 weeks ago in NJ and our guests have not stopped raving about this band. It was really important to us to have a packed dance floor the whole night and Daddy Pop delivered. They kept everyone going nonstop the whole night. Scott and Liz were so easy to work with. We made a few specific song requests and left the rest up to them. They read the crowd perfectly and absolutely nailed each song selection! Seriously, if you're looking for an incredible band and want to have a GREAT party atmosphere at your wedding, Daddy Pop is a no brainer.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

First, we booked Daddy Pop immediately after we became engaged, before we even thought about a venue. Basically all I am going to say is if you can afford a band, then you should be booking Daddy Pop. People moved all night long, I know I did. They helped make our wedding night the best party of the year. I loved working with them, everything was easy and they were more than helpful.

I will also suggest, let the band do their thing, we followed their directions about selections so they could get to know us and they did the rest. With this band, you should not feel compelled to create entire playlists! They rocked the house. We may have to plan an anniversary party just to book them again!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/31/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

While planning a wedding was excited, yet stressful choosing Daddy Pop was the easiest decision I could have possibly made. From the beginning process to the night of my wedding Liz, the lead singer was so helpful and accommodating! The whole night everyone was on the dance floor and now a week later people are still telling me what a fabulous band I picked! I couldn't agree more! This band is so talented and east to work with! Now that I am looking back, never at one point was I ever yelling over the band or struggling to hear people which I thought might be a problem because they are in fact a live band. The sound was at a perfect level to have a conversation, even on the dance floor. I wish I could do my wedding over again for many reasons, but just to be carefree on the dance floor dancing the night away. Great band! Even better people! Thank you again for making my night so unforgettable.

Profile Picture Dana, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Gobo Projector, Lighting, Microphones

Daddy Pop was absolutely AMAZING on our wedding day on 8/13/16!!! We hadn't seen them live before our big day, but reviews we read and videos we saw made us confident in our decision and the band definitely did not disappoint! Liz was so friendly, easygoing, and such a pleasure to work with and Don, the keyboardist, played our ceremony music beautifully. The band members were very interactive with the crowd during our reception and played such a wide variety of songs for everyone to enjoy - the dance floor was packed before dinner was even served and stayed packed all night!! They even let my cousin (who is a musician) play the drums for a song with them which was so special (Liz checked with me to make sure it was ok first, which I really appreciated). We still have guests telling us how incredible the band was and how much fun they had dancing the night away! Our wedding was truly unforgettable and Daddy Pop made our reception SO MUCH FUN! We highly recommend them for anyone looking for a wedding band!

Profile Picture User6623644, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

This band is so much fun, and I highly recommend then. We found Daddy Pop online from a wedding vendors list. After listening to them at a local bar, we decided we had to have them for our wedding. Best decision we made. Our guests were raving about the band all night and after the wedding. Liz is such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process of planning. We had a small list of "do" and "don't" play, but other than those songs, the band took the lead on planning the wedding set list based on our guests responses. This was great because the band adjusted songs to meet our guests' moods. Very interactive band with the sax player joining us on the dance for and Liz having us sing along at one point in the night. Highly recommend this band for a guarantee great time.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks, Vocals

Daddy Pop is a huge reason (possibly THE reason) we had such an amazing wedding reception. They brought the house down and the crowd really fed off their energy. The band is comprised of true pros and were such a delight to work with throughout the entire process. We cannot thank them enough for such a fun night full of great music and dancing! You will be thrilled and very fortunate to have Daddy Pop at your wedding.

Profile Picture Marcelo, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Hiring Daddy Pop for our wedding on 10/25/15 was one of the BEST decisions my husband and I made for our special day! It has been 3 weeks since our wedding, and we are STILL receiving rave reviews from our guests about how wonderful Daddy Pop was, and how much fun our guests had dancing and singing along with the band! They are true professionals and excellent musicians who ensure the music for your wedding is exactly what you want! If you are looking to really WOW your guests and have an unforgettable event, hiring Daddy Pop is a must!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Daddy Pop was the perfect band for our wedding! They played so many different types of music and had everyone on their feet dancing all night. They were wonderful- book with them and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture User5345484, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Daddy Pop was the best wedding band I could have asked for! From the moment I spoke with Liz the week prior to my wedding I knew it was going to be great. She was easy to work with and had many helpful suggestions. From the start of the night the band created the party we were hoping for and had all of our guests out on the dance floor. Guests are still commenting to us about how great the band was. Thank you Daddy Pop for making our big day so amazing! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band!

Profile Picture User5414268, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Seriously made our night! The wedding was kickass thanks to Daddy Pop! Everyone absolutely loved them as did we and people are asking me still who we used so they can get in contact. Sooo amazing! Thanks again!

Profile Picture User3494407, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Seriously was the most amazing band! Two months after and people are still asking who we used for our wedding. You could not have done a better job of keeping everyone on the dance floor and entertaining everyone to the fullest! I would do the night all over again and invite another 250+ just so we could dance the night away again! You guys were fantastic!
Xoxo Alex and Damian

Profile Picture Alexandra, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

The day after we booked the venue for our wedding, the first thing I did was call up Daddy Pop to see if they were available. I didn't need to spend a second thinking about bands. I've been to over 30 weddings in my life, and Daddy Pop was all I wanted. In all honestly, I would have changed the wedding date if they weren't available. I first saw them at a bar in Hoboken and then 2 of my friends hired them for their weddings.

About a month before the wedding, I filled out all of the necessary paperwork. I barely highlighted any "must play" or "do not play" songs because I had complete faith that the band would be able to read the crowd the day of the wedding, and make sure everyone was up on the dance floor. About two weeks before the wedding, the band leader, Liz, called to speak with me. She was a bit surprised about how open we were to anything, in which I just said, "You are incredible, and anything you do will be perfect." I just asked that one of my favorite songs would be played at some point when I was in the room.

The day of the wedding, I couldn't have been happier. The band has a new singer, Chris, who brought a totally amazing vibe to the group. I loved that the band came out on the dance floor and interacted with the guests. They knew exactly what to sing and when to perform it. Our entrance song, first-dance, mother-son, and father-daughter songs were all performed live and I wish we had a videographer for the sole reason of being able to hear the band again. The few songs we did request were all sung at the most perfect time. As for my favorite song, Liz knew just when to sing it!

"Best band I have ever heard at a wedding!" was just one of the many phrases that has been floating around since our May wedding.

Thank you Daddy Pop for truly making our wedding a dream come true! I'm definitely going to be making some trips down the Shore to see them perform again.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Daddy Pop is amazing - I had seen them several times over the years at bars and other events. When my fiance and I got engaged, the very first thing I did when we picked a date was call Liz to make sure Daddy Pop was available for our wedding. They were so great to work with - Liz was always available to answer questions, give her opinion, or even tell me that my idea might not work out as I had it in my head - they are the experts and I am so glad I listened on some decisions. My husband and I gave them a short list of "must play" and "do not play" songs and they customized the night's set list based on our preference and it was perfect. The night was amazing - there was barely any room on the dance floor all night - everyone at our 200 person wedding was dancing constantly, and now almost a year later so many friends and family are still telling us that our wedding was amazing and our wedding band was the best they have ever seen! Daddy Pop truly made the night one to remember!

Profile Picture User4764896, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

There aren't enough stars to adequately describe how amazing Daddy Pop was, and how much of an impact they had on our special night.

From our first meeting, the band was enthusiastic, supportive, and a tremendous help in figuring out how we wanted our wedding to feel. They took the time to work through the flow of the evening, making sure our party was exactly what we had imagined.

Musically, Daddy Pop is as tight as any band. They are professional musicians, not people doing music as a side gig, and I feel bad every time I refer to them as a "wedding band" because it doesn't do them justice.

From Motown, soul and R&B to rock, pop and hip-hop, Daddy Pop had our entire wedding up on their feet for 3 straight hours. Nearly every person at our wedding made a point of telling us how great the band was.

I know I'm biased, but having attended numerous weddings over the past few years, I can honestly say that Daddy Pop was the best band I've seen. I can't imagine having had anyone else play our wedding.

Profile Picture Corey, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Phenomenal!!! Daddy Pop is such an amazing group of performers! Not only was everyone at our wedding dancing and having fun, but the music was superb! Liz and the entire band were so easy to work with and really listened to what we wanted for our wedding ensuring the must play songs were there and keeping everyone going all night! We have had a lot of the guests tell us that this is the best band they have seen at a wedding. I can honestly say that you helped make our wedding the perfect day! Every single person in the band was committed to making the wedding about us. How great is it when the sax player comes out and plays just for you and the singers are on the dance floor getting everyone involved in singing a song. Absolutely amazing and I would strongly recommend Daddy Pop to anyone!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Daddy Pop was amazing for our wedding! We booked them for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. My husband and I are music/theater people, so our friends loved how interactive it was with Daddy Pop. My father reached out in advance to sing a song with them and even got to sing a second song decided that day. He will never forget that moment. Also, my maid of honor got to sing the closing song, Born to Run, with myself and my husband beside her on the platform with the band. It was such a memorable evening and that is definitely in part to Daddy Pop for their energy and the wonderful atmosphere they created!

Profile Picture Gira Marie, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

We cannot say enough about Daddy Pop and how they made our wedding the best day of our life. Liz is so wonderful to work with and really will make your vision come true. From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception, the music was absolutely perfect. It is a great feeling to hear people say that your wedding is the best wedding they have ever been to, and that is completely because of the level of talent and energy Daddy Pop brings. The dance floor was full the entire night and every song was better than the last. Thank you all for making our day wonderful, we cannot thank you enough!

Kyle and Kelly

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Daddy Pop played for my wedding - they were amazing!! Listing to any of their online tracks does not even BEGIN to do them justice! They play locally in the central jersey/jersey shore area so if you can possibly go see them live I would really recommend it. They will blow you away! I gave them maybe 3 "must-play" songs and then just told them to read the crowd and play what feels right. I could not have picked a better playlist if I tried. Every song was spot on for the moment, the crowd on the floor. They truly made my wedding reception spectacular.

Profile Picture Elyse, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

Daddy Pop was FANTASTIC! Everyone was out on the dance floor all night. They played a wide variety of music - something for everyone.

Profile Picture User3716507, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Daddy Pop were just fantastic. They worked closely with us to come up with the perfect song list, didn't require any attention from the happy couple as they were setting up, and even helped take over some of the MC duties when the event coordinator from the venue disappeared!

Never mind the MUSIC! The band is truly incredible and I know at least two couples who already want Daddy Pop to play their wedding. It wouldn't have been the same experience without them.

THANK YOU LIZ AND EVERYBODY ELSE!!!

Profile Picture User3704869, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you are looking for an awesome and affordable wedding band, look no further than Daddy Pop!! We listened to one other band prior to Daddy Pop but once we saw them play live, we just had to have them! We literally booked 2 days later and it was the best decision we made!
Our guests danced the ENTIRE NIGHT and literally missed parts of their meals because they did not want to sit down to eat! Every song selection and their sound is simply incredible however their professionalism and responsiveness is top-notch as well. Liz, the female lead singer was a pleasure to work with and ensured we had an individualized plan for the wedding day. The band used 9 members to suit our budget and allowed us to add ceremony music as well. There were extremely flexible and stress-free to work with!
Thanks again for letting me play the tambourine with you guys and allowing us to have an amazing and up-beat celebration!
Our guests are still complimenting about how great our band was and I am looking forward to hopefully hearing you guys again at friends of our's weddings in the future!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Months later people are STILL talking asking us,"Who was that band at your wedding? They absolutely made the whole night!"

As a former bar musician myself, I had seen Daddy Pop perform multiple times and I knew they had an incredibly wide-ranging catalogue & 4 great vocalists. I always knew Daddy Pop was the band I wanted to play at my wedding- even when I was single! I had very high expectations... they exceeded those expectations and more! Not to mention that my wife originally wanted a DJ... and she's still thanking me for talking her out of it!

They couldn't have done a better job keeping our guests entertained. Cocktail hour was perfect. They learned a couple of very difficult & complicated songs for our special dances. And once dinner was over, the dance floor was packed all night. Standards, Sinatra, Motown, Funk, Disco, 80's hair metal, hip hop and modern radio pop. Something for everyone. And most importantly, they played plenty of Bruce Springsteen- which was the first concert my wife and I ever went to together.

For bonus points... my wife and I both ended up on stage singing with Daddy Pop. It was totally spontaneous and people still don't believe us when we tell them it wasn't planned in advance. It was a great moment and a memory we'll never forget.

Our guests were chanting "one more song!" when the lights came on. (The band would have done it but the venue had a strict curfew!)

Daddy Pop was incredibly professional and Liz could not have been more helpful when working out logistics and song choices. The whole group went above and beyond. And their soundman did a great job in a very tricky room- we were really worried about that. The band couldn't have sounded any better and our wedding video proves it!

I would recommend Daddy Pop to anyone looking to make sure their wedding or special event is the party of a lifetime!

Profile Picture Jason, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

AMAZING!!!!!!! My sister used this band 7 years ago for her wedding, and when we started looking for a band for our wedding, we could not find another band that even came close to Daddy Pop's sound!!! And the best part- their value is absolutely unmatched! As a bonus, Liz, the band leader, is wonderful to work with. She spent a significant amount of time with me ensuring she had all of the details (from name pronounciations, to certain songs played, to other details we wanted during our reception) she and her band members did not miss a beat. And of course, they were simply amazing at our reception. All of our guests absolutely LOVED the band, and were so impressed by their voices, ability to get EVERYONE up on the dance floor, and their appeal to all ages! They made sure they played songs that would get everyone up dancing! The only complaints I heard the day after the wedding- guests' feet hurt from dancing all night (no joke!). As a very detail oriented bride, I can promise you booking Daddy Pop is the best decision you will make. My husband and I loved them so much!

Profile Picture Marissa, 8/3/13, 6 Reviews