D Coleman Photography Reviews

118 | Colorado Springs, CO

118 Reviews for D Coleman Photography

118 D Coleman Photography Reviews

Kelsey · Married on 07/28/2018

David was amazing to work with! He was great about getting all of the shots we wanted and creating ones we wouldn't have even thought of. He was very patient with us and our wedding party, and we would absolutely recommend him!

D Coleman Photography 1

Michi · Married on 07/25/2018

David is awesome. We had a last minute change of plans and he just rolled with it. Always quick to respond. He is a calming presence on a hectic day and great at capturing candid moments. I would definitely recommend him for your photographic needs.

sophi · Married on 07/21/2018

David reached out the right away and crushed every terrifying thought I had about hiring a photographer! He helped with our budget, gave great suggestions and made me feel like everything was under control...I could feel my blood pressure drop... :). Thanks! Can’t wait for the big day? I’m so thrilled we’ll be work g with you!

Myndee · Married on 07/14/2017

I loved working with David and his wife they were so attentive to all of my request and made my day feel so special. They were also super flexible on everything both the day of and the weeks prior. I highly, highly, highly recommend this company!

Myndee

D Coleman Photography 2
  • Citroncrazy

Petra · Married on 02/20/2017

David and his wife Sarah were great to work with. They are fun and very friendly, and also incredibly helpful. Sarah made sure that every detail looked great, straightened up my hair and dress, even reminded people to take off their sunglasses when we were taking pictures! David is a great photographer and we absolutely love our wedding photos. My husband and I would highly recommend them!

Alexandria · Married on 01/07/2017

We absolutely loved working with David! His pictures were amazing, and the exact style we wanted. He and his wife were extremely friendly, helpful, fun, and a perfect addition to our wedding. I really appreciated their attention to detail, ability to put up with my crazy family dynamics, and ability to flow well with the entire event. Not only are the pictures exactly what we wanted but they were so easy to work with it made it feel like we were working with close friends, rather just another vendor. I would highly recommend David's services to any couple. We worked with him for our engagement pictures and wedding, and I can honestly say it was worth every penny!!

Becky · Married on 10/01/2016

David and Sarah are just wonderful. I was referred to them by a friend of mine. Her wedding shot is that iconic snowfall photo on their website! From start to finish we felt comfortable working with them and letting them take the reigns. We didn't have a clue what kind of photos we wanted and they turned out better than we could have imagined. I would highly recommend David and Sarah to all of our friends.

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2016

We tried to be budget friendly when picking our vendors. One piece of advice my husband and I received when planning our wedding was to book the photographer we wanted (this also meant to splurge a little). The second I opened the D Coleman Photography website I fell in love with their style. I had already emailed a few photographers already, and I must say that they truly never made me feel pressured to book them. Others were so pushy which just stressed me out. I had one demand a yes or no response within two hours or they would move on. I understand that you could lose business because of a delayed response, but it was just so aggressive. Every communication with David and Sarah was comforting. Before the ceremony on our wedding day I was so thankful for Sarah. She helped make sure that everything was in order right until I walked down the aisle. As for the photographs themselves we were truly impressed. We received all of the photographs and the rights to them, but we were truly astounded by the number of photographs we received. We were a little doubtful, because we had an outdoor venue and there was a typical Colorado monsoon equipped with sideways blowing rain immediately following the ceremony. This was not exactly conducive to their work, but they were great with our limited window of time. They were so flexible and worked well with all of our other vendors with the change in our schedule. 100% worth it!

You will not be disappointed with them!

Megan · Married on 03/26/2016

David and his wife were so wonderful on our wedding day. They were fantastic with direction and made it really easy and fast to get pictures done. We are absolutely in love with our pictures!

Sara · Married on 03/12/2016

David is beyond amazing! He did wonderful job photographing our wedding. The photos turned out even better than I had hoped for, beautiful photographs I will always adore. I really didn't want a ton of traditional, posed photographs, David did an excellent job giving me exactly what I asked for! We did do some traditional photos to make parents happy but he was quick and made the process completely painless, and actually the more traditional photos are gorgeous! Everyone from the wedding party to guests commented on how wonderful David was! I could not be happier with D. Coleman Photography!!

• User5200925 · 2+ years ago

D Coleman Photography is one of the best photographer's in town! He is professional, respectful, talented, and within a reasonable price range! He is very flexible and timely! He gets "sneak peak" photos to you within 10 days after your event! He captured the essence of my wedding in every photo! I couldn't be more pleased with how the day went and how the photos turned out! He cares about what you want and makes it happen! I would highly recommend D Coleman Photography for your wedding!

Leah · Married on 01/16/2016

David and Sarah are absolutely amazing! From the moment they came into our house we felt right at home with them. They made everything so incredibly easy throughout the entire day! Sarah helped everything keep on schedule and ensured that we got all of the pictures we needed. She helped me move with my dress to keep it clean while we spent a couple of hours outside in the cold taking pictures. They were willing to walk up the hill to Red Rocks to take pictures without question. David came up with the most amazing shots. We felt so special and comfortable throughout the day and David and Sarah were a major part of that. They make the best pair to take pictures, and you would be thrilled to have them take the pictures at your wedding as well. They were a great decision to hire for the photography for our wedding!

Dana · Married on 01/08/2016

I cannot say enough good things about David and Sarah! They have a lot of fun and passion, which comes through in every beautiful moment that they capture. It was a great experience working with them! I love all the pictures I have seen so far. Thanks so much!

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/13/2015

David Coleman Photography is a company with extremely personable (and hilarious) employees (in our case David and his Wife, Sarah). Their photos are modern, edgy, beautiful and capture everything I would imagine a qualified, passionate, and true artist having as a photographer.

Additionally, I want to mention that I gave them a laundry list of photos to take and due to the ceremony location we only had one-hour to do them. I am a very high strung, type AAA (if that is a thing) type of bride and I cannot describe the frustration I had with my family and friends who were all over the place and not cooperating to complete the list in the required timeframe, but Sarah really stepped up and took charge and was my saving grace from completely stressing out and blowing my cool with my family.

David and Sarah were punctual, captured all the shots I wanted and then some, they soothed my tension, made me laugh, and were clearly seasoned professionals-- they just new all the tricks to capture the best photo(s) possible.

I cannot stress enough how relaxed and comfortable my husband and I were having David and Sarah photographing our wedding. Honestly, it was the first time in weeks I wasn’t high strung and stressed out, I owe that to them.

I give them my highest recommendation.

David and Sarah were a perfect mix between calming and directing on our wedding day. Prior to the wedding, David worked with us on everything we asked for, he was accommodating and extremely helpful. We appreciate all your hard work, thank you.

Emma · Married on 10/17/2015

Working with David and Sarah was amazing! They are so easy to work with and immediately put us at ease. They found some great spots to take pictures. Sarah and David work great as a team. Sarah helps arrange and spot photo opportunities so that David can focus on getting the perfect shot and can take more photos than if he was by himself. They captured all of the best moments during the ceremony and reception, but I hardly even knew they were there--they're like photo ninjas! Plus, the photos are absolutely gorgeous! Having great photos was important to me (they're what last), and they nailed it. I can't recommend them enough. Thank you!!!

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2015

David and his wife Sarah were more than I could have asked for! They were willing to make the drive from the Springs to Lafayette TWICE! Once for a bonus engagement session they offered as a special.
    The pictures were breathtaking and everyone had such amazing things to say about both our engagement and wedding pictures.
    I was a little worried that my (at the time fiancé) would look awkward in our engagement pictures because he doesn't like being in front of the camera but David really made us feel comfortable and helped us act natural.
    I couldn't say better things about these photographers!

Devyn · Married on 09/26/2015

Just amazing work and a wonderful experience from start to finish. Of all the choices we made for our wedding hiring the Colman's was by far our best one.

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

David Coleman was one of the absolute best vendors we hired for our wedding. From the very beginning, David was very responsive to emails. When I wanted to make a few changes to the contract, he made them immediately. I think his prices are an excellent value, and I liked the fact that he gives you a print release so you can print your photos as you want. (Not every photographer does this!)

Best of all, David's wife Sarah also helps with all the little details on the day of. She made sure the train on my dress looked good and all the guys' boutonnieres were straight. There are a bunch of little things she and David helped out with that were beyond their job description. I joked that Sarah could have put on a dress and been one of the bridesmaids because she just fit right in. Your photographer is there with you basically all day, so you want someone who makes you comfortable. David and Sarah were that. My wedding day was such an emotional day, and they were there with tissues when I started to tear up and to make sure my makeup wasn't smudged ;)

But perhaps most importantly, the photos are AMAZING. David makes a slideshow of sorts on his website and Facebook page with the highlights of the day. He's able to truly tell a story through his photos. He captured all the little moments and details that breeze by. I am very grateful to both David and Sarah and can't recommend them highly enough!

David was fantastic for both engagement and wedding pictures. He has an eye for detail and creating a scene for such a beautiful picture. David was patient with all of my questions and was a huge part in assisting with the details of the day- especially since we didn't use a wedding planner. David was truly a pleasure to work with and would refer him to all of our family and friends.

Kate · Married on 09/06/2015

We loved working with David & Sarah! I was very nervous lining up vendors from San Francisco for our wedding in Keystone, but I'm so glad we decided to work with them. We didn't get to meet until our big day, but both Sarah & David fit right in and starting making me feel at ease from the get go. We had three locations for shooting throughout the day, one location for getting ready, one location at the top of a mountain for our first look and finally the wedding venue. Both David & Sarah were troopers and helped us stay on schedule so that we wouldn't arrive to the venue late. David has such an artistic eye and was really able to pull together some amazing shots on top of the mountain using the trees and beautiful backdrop. I didn't come with a list of particular "staged photos" I wanted and I'm so glad I left it up to David and Sarah because it took one additional layer of stress off for the day and with their expertise the layout and staging was amazing! We also used their photobooth and are so glad we went with this option! Sarah ran the photobooth during the reception and they are some of our favorite photos to look back on.
    I highly recommend using David if you need a fabulous photographer in the Rocky Mountains!

Greg · Married on 08/30/2015

David and his wife Sarah were amazing during both our engagement session and the wedding itself. They were very responsive to our initial inquiries, and were very flexible to meet us in person. After our first meeting, we knew they were going to be a perfect fit for us. Just looking at their photos, you can see the emotions of the subjects, and the beauty of the moments they capture. During our wedding, David and Sarah picked great locations and views for our shots, and everyone loved the pictures. We did an engagement photo book, and it came out great. We had friends that were also recently married, and they all commented on how much they liked David and Sarah's photos and style better than what they picked for their own weddings. We can't recommend them enough.

Ellen · Married on 08/28/2015

David and his wife Sarah were a joy to work with. David took the most beautiful photos of our wedding! He was able to capture our beautiful venue, the details, and even the unplanned, unexpected moments perfectly. We are so happy with our choice and would recommend David to anyone!

Sara · Married on 07/24/2015

David and Sarah did the photography for our wedding on July 24th. I can't rave enough about them. Every single one of the bridal party loved them as well. They are both so professional and know where the good shots are. Sarah acts as a wedding planner as well and is so considerate of everything going on. On top of that David did our engagement photos in downtown Denver and they turned out amazing. When looking for photographers, the one piece of advice I got from people is to find the right person with the right photography style you like. They both went above and beyond our expectations and I would recommend them to anyone. You won't be disappointed with the amazing pictures and the professionalism and fun nature of these two!