Cynthia Viola Photography Reviews

33 | Charlotte, NC

33 Reviews for Cynthia Viola Photography

Sarah Whitmire · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Absolutely amazing - highly recommend!

Cynthia was fantastic to work with! We hired her for three separate events: an engagement shoot, a vow exchange, and for our wedding day. The photos from each event were more than we could have hoped for (with an incredibly quick turnaround). She even helped us plan the location for our vow exchange, and recommended a videographer that we ended up using for that and for our wedding. She goes above and beyond for her clients and is a wonderful person to interact with. We could not recommend her more!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Awww! Thank you so much Sarah!! That sunrise hike is one of my all time favorite moments to capture! Thank you for including me!

Rachel Weiland · Married on 11/30/2019

Wedding and Engagement Session

Cynthia was an absolute dream to work with. Starting with our engagement session, she was willing to hike to the top of the Blue Ridge Mountains just to capture the perfect moment. She made us feel at ease and created so many moments filled with laughter and joy to create the most beautiful pictures. Cynthia made us feel comfortable from the very get-go and carried that feeling throughout our wedding day. She always knew what to say to make us belly laugh for the most genuine picture. During the ceremony, Cynthia captured our story of who we are as a couple and as a family. Not only were the photos she delivered absolutely breathtaking, but they were also delivered in 3 DAYS. THE WEDDING PHOTOS. IN 3 DAYS!! She captured our most memorable moments without posing us like crazy, and it was so fun and natural! Wedding photos sometimes have a reputation for being the most tedious part of the wedding day BUT NOT WITH CYNTHIA! She was so well organized and flowed through our wedding photos with Grace and diligence we had such a blast!

From start to finish, Cynthia captured our day the exact way we want to remember it. Thank you for creating the most beautiful story for us to remember forever.

Sent on 01/07/2020

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much Rachel! I had the very best time getting to know both of your families! Especially as you played spoons before the ceremony! Thank you for inviting me to be a part of your big day! I hope Arizona is treating you well!

Barb Leonard · Married on 11/16/2019

Beyond Amazing!!!

I met Cynthia at a wedding expo and loved her work right away. We just hit it off right away as I told her about my fiancé and our story and our Carolina Panther themed wedding. She went above and beyond anything we every could have expected to make our day perfect and to live on forever in the portraits. She has great vision and she did a great job at staying out sight when she needed to be. She is so easy to work with and I would highly recommend her!!! I plan to use her again for other occasions for sure!!! She is just amazing all around personally and professionally...

Sent on 11/24/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Aww! Thanks ladies!! I had so much fun! You went over the top with your theme! I was so impressed with all your hard work!

Rhonda · Married on 11/09/2019

10 stars out of 5

About 8-10 years ago Cynthia photographed two of my friends weddings. I remember looking through their pictures thinking when my day comes, I have to have this photographer. Well years later I finally met the man and plans were being made. I still remembered how much I loved Cynthia’s photgraphs so I reached out and as luck would have it, she was available! Cynthia is an amazing photographer and person. She goes above and beyond with all the little details to make the experience perfect! Somehow she was even able to get pretty darn good pictures of this girl that has the worst case of RBF ever!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Haha! Oh my goodness I love you Rhonda! No RBF that day you were beaming the whole time! Such a happy day!
  • Allen

Allen Gent · Married on 10/12/2019

Cynthia was amazing!

Cynthia was highly professional and took the time to get to know the wedding party and more importantly our goals and style. The end result was outstanding! Our pictures turned out excellent and she captured so many great moments. The most impressive thing about all of this was that we didn't even know she was there most of the time. She has a great ability to capture intimate moments in a very stealthy way. I would highly recommend Cynthia!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Haha! I love being a ninja! Thank you so much Allen! I SO loved getting to know both of your families! I wish you guys all the best!!
  • Shelby

Shelby Kerr · Married on 10/11/2019

Absolutely Fantastic!!!

Cynthia was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire experience! She was full of energy, passion and had us smiling and laughing the whole way through. When we got our pictures back (quicker than expected!) nothing could have prepared us for how absolutely stunning they all looked!!! We can't say enough good things about Cynthia!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Shelby!! I wish the night could have gone on forever! I had so much fun dancing and celebrating with you guys!!

Steve Vargas · Married on 09/08/2019

Vargas Wedding

So here we were, sitting on our couch, with our wedding coming up in 3 weeks when we get a call that our photographer had to cancel. After I calmed my bride to be, we started looking online. Cynthia was recommended by a friend of my now wife and after we talked to her she was able to fit us in. BEST THING EVER. She not only fit us in, but she gave us the entire day as well. She suggested so many great shots, but she also was open to everything we just suggested too. She was kind, sweet, professional, and so great. We had so much fun taking all the pictures we took. We laughed, we cried, and she just helped making the best day of our lives even more special. And then, we got the pictures! Holy wow! We got a good amount of them super fast, Cynthia's favorites. And the rest of them followed pretty quickly too. They were so beautiful. The editing was spot on. The moments captured were sweet, so precious, and just incredible. We cried so many happy tears looking at them. Our family and friends loved them, and we don't have the words for how much we loved them. I would recommend Cynthia to anyone that wants any type of pictures taken. She will make you feel special and the pictures will be amazing. Thank you so very much Cynthia for being part of our day and making it that much better.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Awww! Thank you so much Steve!! It was so special to be a part of your sweet day! Both of your families were so kind and your beautiful vows to each other I wouldn't have wanted to miss for anything. Thank you for your kind words and for letting me take part in your day!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Mcdermott · Married on 06/15/2019

Warm, welcoming, and incredible photographer

Planning a wedding is equal parts stress and joy. One can easily get overwhelmed as the big day creeps up on you if you don’t have the right people by your side. Cynthia is one of those right people. From our first contact with her she was warm, welcoming, and ready to answer any questions no matter how off the wall they seemed. Throughout the entire process she was equal parts a consummate professional and reassuring friend. It was easy to relax in her presence. Nerves gave way to joy, and she was there, capturing the perfect moments of the entire event. She surrounds herself with people cut from the same cloth. I had the pleasure of having her 2nd photographer for our wedding, Kalypso, shadow me as I got ready. I felt immediately at ease, even with my own night before celebration after effects rolling through my body. My wife and I cannot recommend Cynthia’s services enough. Not only will you get amazing photos, but you’ll have someone there who keeps you smiling no matter the bumps of the day.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Awwwwww!!! That means so much you guys!! Exactly what I hope to do and be at every wedding 💜 and I’ll be sure to pass on the kind words to Kalypso as well!
  • Kim

Kim Perry · Married on 05/18/2019

You will be delighted!

Cynthia is uniquely gifted - her photography is beautiful and her ability to put people at ease makes sure everyone looks their best. Her eye for detail and years of experience ensure she will anticipate and capture the amazing moments of your wedding. Thoughtful, kind, encouraging and talented - she's terrific to work with through the entire process.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kim! It was so awesome getting to see everyone again! Hope I get to hug your neck again soon!

Jodi Stern · Married on 04/24/2019

Incredible

I can’t say enough about Cynthia. She photographed my son’s bar mitzvah and my daughter’s senior portraits. Cynthia is warm, caring, easy to talk to and so professional. She really gets to know her clients and brings out the best in them. It shows in every photo she takes. I recommend her hands down all day every day! Book her now!!!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Aww! You’re the best Jodi! Thank you so much!! Can’t wait til Jordan’s seniors! Just right around the corner!

Rochelle · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding ceremony

I cannot say enough about how awesome Cynthia Viola is! Every step of the process was seamless, from booking her on through to the end of our wedding reception. We could not have asked for more beautiful photos to capture our special day! She even posted a blog on us and a number of our guests have commented on how our photos look like they are out of a magazine. She is excellent at communication and responds almost immediately with answers to any questions you may have and she made everything so easy. I would highly, highly recommend her and we couldn’t have picked a better photographer!!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Rochelle! We had the best time! It was so nice being in such a beautiful spot with guests who so fun!

Dayana · Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Cynthia was great. We had a great gasby 1920s theme reception and with a murder mystery twist added to it. I told her my vision 1920s and my desire to just have fun with family and friends. The pictures captured exactly that. Just perfect!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness your Gatsby theme was SO fun! Thank you so much for including me, I had an absolute blast dancing the night away with you guys!!
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin Mcgarry · Married on 11/18/2018

The McGarry's

We had so much fun with Cynthia capturing just exactly how happy we all are! She is a wonderful person and her talent is pure. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to remember exactly how you felt as each photo was taken forever. Thank you Cynthia!! We will certainly see you in the future! (Mariana says "hi best friend Cynthia" lol)

Sent on 12/04/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Haha!! Yessss!! Hey tiny bestie!!! Thank you guys for letting me capture a few memories for you! Such a great day!

Kristin · Married on 11/10/2018

Love her and her work she makes it so easy!

Cynthia is an amazing photographer and she makes it so easy on the people taking the pics. We are so blessed she was able to take pics at our surprise wedding! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin! It was so fun to be a part of the big surprise!! Thank you for including me!
  • Marianne

Marianne Elizabeth Dotson · Married on 11/03/2018

Love cynthia

Cynthia is the absolute best. She is so amazing, friendly, kind...the list goes on. She is no longer our Wedding photographer she is a family. Do yourself a favor and call Cynthia for any occasion or none at all, you will be so glad you did.
    Love,
    The Kellehers

Sent on 11/11/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Awww! I will happily be a part of your family ANYTIME! Can't wait to see you in Cali in February! Love you guys!
  • J Tippett

J Tippett · Married on 10/20/2018

Great experience

Cynthia was amazing to work with. Communication was flawless. My wedding party and family also enjoyed working with her. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jeff!! I loved finally getting to meet your whole family! And Hamlet was the cutest little town!

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2018

Cynthia is THE BEST!

Cynthia is an extremely talented photographer and we were so lucky to have her on our special day. Along the way, Cynthia was always available to answer any questions that we had and made the entire process so easy. My husband isn't the biggest fan of having his photos taken, but he even said he kind of enjoyed having his picture taken because he felt so comfortable.

Also - a major plus is that she had all of our amazing photos back to us in about nine days! It was great to be able to see everything so soon after our wedding and share them with our family and friends.

Everyone at our wedding raved about Cynthia and how amazing and friendly she was to all of our guests. When we received our photos, I was honestly amazed at how many special moments she was able to capture throughout the entire day. She didn't miss a thing. We've received so many compliments on our wedding photos and I couldn't imagine what our day would have been like without Cynthia.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! I just love your whole family so much! Hope to see you both around Charlotte soon!!
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 10/06/2018

5 stars - 10 if I could!

I cannot say enough GREAT things about Cynthia!! From the first request for information to having our wedding pictures delivered literally days after our wedding, Cynthia was an absolute dream to work with! She is friendly and sweet, very quick to respond to any and all questions, and super flexible with last minute requests or changes to plans. She has an uncanny ability to be super put-together and organized but at the same time always has an incredibly calming demeanor about her, which is everything you could ever want and more for the person who will be with you every step of the way on your wedding day! Her photos are absolutely beautiful - she understands light and uses it to her advantage in every single shot. We chose to do engagement photos in addition to our wedding photos and I am so glad we did because they all turned out stunning. Everyone who had their picture taken at our wedding could not say enough great things about Cynthia after meeting her and again once the pictures were returned. My husband and I will absolutely be looking to book her for an anniversary session in a couple of months, assuming she has any availability!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Awwww! Thanks you guys!! Your families were so sweet! I’m still so impressed they came from all over the country. You guys have such an impact on your loved ones!

Kathy · Married on 09/02/2018

We have used Cynthia for our family photo shoot, our daughter's engagement, and wedding. She is amazing and so inventive in her use of simple props, and nature. She catches every emotion, both smiles and tears. If you want memories of your special day, she is the photographer for you!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Kathy! It’s always a pleasure spending time with you guys!!

Becca · Married on 05/19/2018

Cynthia is an amazing and talented photographer! She is vith friendly and professional and delivered beautiful pictures.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thanks Becca! Had so much fun!

alexa · Married on 05/05/2018

Cynthia was by far one of the best photographers I have worked with. I was nervous taking photos that looked posed or forced, but Cynthia knew how to capture our true happiness. I almost felt like she wasn't there at all and was very surprised by the beautiful candid photos. Cynthia is so friendly, talented, and warm hearted. I felt so comfortable around her and her positive and loving energy is contagious. Cynthia's photos blew me away as truly captured the happiness and special moments. I was shocked to see how fast she edited the album and had it ready to share! All my guest and friends were raving about how amazing the pictures were. I was so glad to have her as everyone says the wedding day flies by and your mind is so overwhelmed that pictures are what you have to look back on. Thank you Cynthia for not only being a wonderful photographer, but also helping us coordinate our day and make sure we stayed on course.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Aww!! Love you guys so much!! It was the most colorful and fun filled wedding ever! Wish we could do it all over again!

Susan · Married on 04/21/2018

Cynthia was amazing. She is so professional and she captures the perfect moment. You want to frame all the pictures that she takes.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Aw! Thanks Susie! Can’t wait to see them on the walk!

Jenelle · Married on 11/03/2017

I am so incredibly grateful that we were able to connect and hire Cynthia for our big day!! She went above and beyond the duties of a photographer before, during, and after the wedding!! My favorite part was how fast she was able to get all our pictures into our gallery for us to use, and the amount of pictures that we got. I would definitely recommend her to ANYONE, bonus she is also a really cool person!!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Aww! Thank you so much Jenelle!! You guys are the best!! ❤️

Anna · Married on 10/21/2017

Cynthia is the best! Our engagement and wedding photos were amazing. She was very responsive to all emails if I had any questions and she checked in with me during my wedding planning. She is very organized so our wedding day went so smoothly. I would recommend Cynthia Viola Photography to all couples!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Anna!! Loved working with you guys!!

Matthew · Married on 10/14/2017

Cynthia and AJ have been absolutely amazing!

We engaged Cynthia earlier this year to shoot at our proposal and she was extremely excited to be part of the process; she held regular calls with me to ensure that the moment would be candid and special. And that’s exactly what it was - Special!

She captured every moment, and provided photos that will provide us with a lifetime of special memories.

Once we gave Cynthia the date of our wedding, she locked it in and said she wouldn’t miss it for the world.

Right away, Hollie (my bride) connected to Cynthia (based on her charm and uniqueness) and couldn’t wait for her to capture us exchanging our vows.

The day finally came on October 14, 2017, and Cynthia and AJ showed up and showed out!

They were professional in every way - from their attire, to their interaction with our guests, to their accommodations with our chaotic families, they delivered so much more than we could have asked!

As the hours went on, we lost track of where they were, but they never lost track of us. They captured every special moment!

They even pulled us aside for a moment to give us a glimpse of what was to come - we were in awe of their ability to bring perspective unseen by the average naked eye.

And when we received our full album (less than a week after!!!), WOW!!!

Like Forrest Gump says... “that’s all I got to say about that...”

They are truly special at what they do, and their goal (from what I’ve gathered) is to make you feel special!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Cynthia Viola Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh I love you guys so much! Thank you Matthew! LOVE the Forest Gump reference!