Custom Ceremonies Reviews

32 | Washington, DC

32 Reviews for Custom Ceremonies

32 Custom Ceremonies Reviews

Judy · Married on 05/06/2018

We were so happy to find Cheryl. She was very kind, understanding, and accommodating. We met in person and over skype to make sure we were comfortable and all our questions were answered. She also provided a ton of material to help us develop a ceremony. Her delivery was very professional and pricing appropriate for an intimate ceremony like ours. We ended up with a meaningful ceremony that was truly our own and highly recommend Cheryl!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Custom Ceremonies's reply:

Judy your kind response is so appreciated, thank you. Itt was a joy working with you! Cheryl
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 11/11/2017

We loved working with Cheryl. She did a wonderful job, gave us exactly the ceremony we wanted, and was easy to work with. She was also a lot more affordable than some of the other options we considered.

We had a friend lead our ceremony in front of all our friends and family, and we wanted someone to marry us legally in front of just our close family. Cheryl thoughtfully crafted a short, intimate service that covered all the legal bases and also made us feel like we were part of something really special. She was responsive during our planning process and she was receptive to our ideas. We would recommend hiring her.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Custom Ceremonies's reply:

Hannah and Luke, How thoughtful and it is so appreciated! I wish you the very best in life! Thank you, it was a joy! Cheryl
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/23/2017

We found Cheryl on WeddingWire when we first got engaged, and were enamored with her from our very first meeting! Cheryl was so accommodating for our unique request to do a handfasting ceremony, and sent us lots of material to build our ceremony. She was kind, communicative, and knowledgeable, and we were so lucky to have found her. The ceremony was relaxed, funny, and personal- by the time we got to the big day, we felt like we were being married by a friend. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts with us, Cheryl!

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Custom Ceremonies 2

Custom Ceremonies's reply:

It was a true joy to celebrate your marriage....Congratulations and All the Best in life !!

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2017

Words fall short when describing the kind of service we received from Cheryl. I will first start off by saying what a beautiful soul Cheryl has, a heart of gold! My wife and I hired Cheryl for the first time in Dec 2016 for our wedding , which was a small ceremony that Cheryl brought much joy to. She was very professional, sweet, kind hearted and excepting to all ideas. We had a wonderful experience with her so in September 2017 my wife and I had our bigger wedding and without any second thoughts, Cheryl was the one we wanted to marry us for the second time. Not only has Cheryl made both our wedding days memorable, she made them priceless! #TEAMCHERYL

Melissa · Married on 01/24/2017

Cheryl was amazing from start to finish. She had a plan that made the wording of the ceremony something I wouldn't have to stress over. She had incredible ideas that turned into a beautiful ceremony. We also asked her to hold a sign over our heads at the end of the ceremony and she agreed. Everyone told us that the ceremony was beautiful, and she did an awesome job injecting laughter where it really loosened everyone up. I would absolutely recommend Cheryl for your wedding. 100%!!!

CLAUDIA · Married on 09/10/2016

Our experience with Ms. Cheryl has been absolutely wonderful. She was prompt in answering my initial email and set up a skype session same day. She is very proffessional and her 24 years experience shows as she had the answers to all of my questions. Our ceremony will be custom tailored to fit all of our needs thanks to her detailed and different options. I'm confident we will have a perfect ceremony.

Meg · Married on 09/04/2016

My husband and I booked Cheryl for our September wedding, and were very pleased with her work. She provided us with a packet of helpful questions for planning our actual marriage, as well as guides for setting up our custom ceremony. She also worked with us to put everything in the proper order, once we had selected our readings and ceremony components.

I wish I could give Cheryl a 6-star rating for flexibility. On the day of our rehearsal, when we were supposed to arrive with our final payment and wedding license, we had a bit of a snafu that left us without either of those important submissions. Cheryl was very understanding, and her calm attitude was SO appreciated in the middle of all the stress.

Cheryl's off-beat, entertaining personality was the cherry on top of the whole experience. I highly recommend her to other couples looking for an organized officiant with a sense of humor.

Shannon · Married on 06/25/2016

Cheryl did amazing job marrying my husband and I. We were very last minute in finding an officiant and she made the process so easy. She was alway fast to respond to emails, and answered all our questions. She really did help make our day magical! We got so many compliments on how meaningful and wonderful the ceremony was. Would defiantly recommend her to anyone looking to get married in the VA area.

Maggie · Married on 06/17/2016

I can not begin to say enough about how fantastic Cheryl is!!! She was so accommodating and friendly that she made my experience the easiest part of getting married. She genuinely cares about making the ceremony how you would like it and was there whenever I needed her. She allowed me to have the ceremony exactly how I wanted it to be :-) If I could do it all again Cheryl would be there for sure! Thanks so much, you are a phenomenal woman!

Vicky · Married on 05/28/2016

Well, I had called a couple people before Ms. Cheryl and they weren't responsive or didn't know my language so at the moment I spoke to her, I knew that she was the one I wanted to marry my husband and I. I'm glad because she is very nice and walks you step by step.

Minmin · Married on 05/28/2016

She is really easy to work with and very kind. She came early on the ceremony and we had a great experience! I would highly recommend her.

Cheryl married my husband and I on May 21st this year. She was incredibly professional, responsive, and helpful through the whole process. I feel like finding the right officiant for your wedding is the hardest task when it comes to planning the wedding. My husband and I knew when we first met her she was perfect for the job. We felt very comfortable and right at home with her like we have known her forever. We actually spent over 2 hours talking on our first visit. I highly recommend her services. She is outstanding.

Madison · Married on 05/01/2016

Cheryl was insurmountable in her dynamic ability to work with us to give us the prefect customized ceremony we needed as a multinational family. We loved having our wedding with Cheryl and highly recommend such a committed and experienced officiant. She did everything she said she would and then some! Our marriage license was submitted in a timely manner allowing us to stay on track regarding my wife's immigration into the US from Japan.

Thank-you and arigatou, Cheryl
    Mr and Mrs Madison Smith

• O

Orlando · Married on 04/02/2016

Cheryl was amazing to work with. We had around 3 weeks to plan our wedding and she was super helpful all throughout! It was an honor to have her at our wedding and we loved every minute of our ceremony! Would highly recommend to all!

Genna · Married on 03/22/2016

She made us feel extremely comfortable and was able to marry us on short notice and still make it memorable and meaningful. We had a wonderful experience :) Her prices were also the most affordable I've heard of since and before.

Adam · Married on 10/03/2015

Cheryl was a great officiant. She was always prompt and on time and would respond quickly to any questions we had. She helped set up our own custom ceremony and was very accommodating when we had to make some last minute changes because of the weather. She was also very quick with getting the marriage license submitted after the wedding so that we could obtain our copy shortly thereafter. I would recommend Cheryl for anyone looking for quality officiant for their wedding.

We worked with Cheryl to officiate our secular wedding in Vienna and she was wonderful! Our first meeting with Cheryl she was eager to know us, as a couple, and know our story even before she was hired. She was 'on point' and very prepared, providing us everything we needed to arrange our ceremony. She had an answer for everything from her years of experience and it was a joy meeting her. Our ceremony went off very smoothly- the only small unplanned part was when the guests were asked to repeat themselves because they weren't loud enough- we weren't too keen on that, but otherwise we simply loved every moment. I have to add as well the value you are truly getting- there a very few options with as much experience as Cheryl for the low cost she advertises, which meant the world to us as we really needed budget-friendly options for our wedding. We highly recommend Cheryl, she's wonderful!

Debbie · Married on 09/12/2015

Cheryl was absolutely amazing! She made our wedding day special in every way.

We initially met at a restaurant. There was an instant connection. We sat there talking and getting to know each other. By the end of our meeting, I knew I did not have to look any further for an officiant for our wedding.

Cheryl encouraged us to put our wedding ceremony/vows together. She provided us samples and guidance. The end results were perfect!! Our guests have had nothing but good things to say.

Cheryl is very professional and passionate in her work. I will be telling all my friends!!

Tori · Married on 08/29/2015

Cheryl was so amazing ! My husband and I were in a pickle and needed an officiant who was affordable and super easy to work with and Cheryl was all of the above ! Cheryl was so kind and when my husband and I met with her we felt like we had known her for years! She made our wedding day so amazing and made it perfect for my husband and I! Cheryl is a sweet lady who would be perfect for everyone's wedding !

kristina · Married on 10/04/2014

Cheryl was our wedding officiant for our October 4th 2014 wedding. Leading up to the wedding she was very responsive and easy to work with. She helped us tremendously when it came to picking out our vows and our wedding configuration. The process was easy and seamless from start to finish. On the day of the wedding she did a fabulous job and made everyone very comfortable and laid back during such a stressful day. We would recommend her services to friends and family. :)

Julie · Married on 08/02/2014

Cheryl was very professional and very genuine. I knew the moment I spoke with her on the phone that she was the right one to marry us! She provided us with options, gave us great advice, and allowed us to customize our ceremony the way we wanted it. We had a small gathering of about 25 people and Cheryl was very friendly to all! She was flexible with us, while we planned our wedding and everything went as planned! I would certainly recommend her to others. She is very passionate about her work and I truly felt she was sincere with every word she said!

Julie & Nick Marshall

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2014

Cheryl was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! My husband and I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a huge wedding. We are simple and just wanted something small with just us two and the officiant. Every officiant I called gave a ridiculous price. Then I found Cheryl and was suprised to find someone so amazing and affordable. She said the most beautiful words for our ceremony. She made every moment special and unforgettable. I HIGHLY recommend Cheryl to everyone!!!!!! Thank you soo much!!!

Cheryl was fantastic, and gave us exactly the ceremony that we were looking for. We needed some guidance on how to proceed with how to make a ceremony that suited us, and we were pretty unaware of how a ceremony should progress. She had so much information which made things very easy for us and she took away a lot of ceremony planning stress. She got to understand us as a couple and what we wanted for our big day. We wanted less 'religion' and more 'spiritualism' in our ceremony, and we're both huge nature lovers. Her guidance and beautiful words made our day special and the ceremony was suited to us perfectly.

Cheryl married my husband and I almost 10 year ago; she gave us everything we could have asked for.

I was raised Catholic but no longer believe in organized religion; my husband was raised Mormon, but has a Jewish step father, and as an adult chose to follow Buddhism....so we were nervous going into our wedding because we knew what we wanted, but also knew our families may have expectations for what type of ceremony it would be. Cheryl created the perfect ceremony for US. We didn't want to write our own vows, but wanted them customized to what was important to us, and she came up with something perfect. All of our family members thought the ceremony was beautiful, and everyone was happy.

To celebrate our 10th anniversary we will be renewing our vows and Cheryl will be the officiant. This will technically be the THIRD ceremony Cheryl has done for us. You see, being a young couple, we let our mothers take over the wedding planning, and before we knew it the wedding had grown into something much bigger and more formal than we had originally wanted. Cheryl picked up on our problem, and made a fabulous suggestion--have a secret wedding before the wedding! So, a couple weeks before our wedding, we met Cheryl in the location of our first date, and with only our 2 closest friends, we had a private ceremony that was exactly as we wanted. We then had the big wedding as scheduled, and it was our little secret that we were already married. Both ceremonies were exactly as I dreamed they would be, and I'm sure the vow renewal will be too!

My advice to couples about to marry would be to put as much time and attention into choosing your officiant as you do into choosing the dress and the venue. The vows are THE MOST important part of a wedding--those vows said at your ceremony are what you will build the rest of your life upon. Cheryl gave us a great foundation to build upon, and those vows we still reflect back on with happiness.