Custom Cake Design Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

205 Custom Cake Design Reviews
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 09/21/2018

We found custom cakes through Milton Ridge and we will be using them for every major event we have! Our families kept asking where we got this amazing cake from! During our cake tasting, they were very sensitive to our needs and gave us an amazing experience!

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2018

The cake was amazing! We did a tasting to pick the right flavor and it arrived on time, looked beautiful, and tasted delicious! They delivered from Maryland to Virgina with a very reasonable fee. They even included the box for the top tier with instructions on how to save it!

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

Our wedding cake looked amazing and tasted delicious! They have so many flavors we had a hard time deciding and ended up getting a couple different cupcake flavors with our cake. Everyone said how good they were. They contacted me ahead of time to make sure everything was how I wanted and delivered the cake to our venue. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Custom Cake Design 1

Custom Cake Design's reply:

Thanks so much for the feedback Jessica. Our goal is to provide our customers the best products ever. Please kip us in mind for further orders, and we are happy to hear that everybody enjoyed the cake. Thanks you, Custom cake design

Amy · Married on 11/05/2017

Delicious cake!! We received so many compliments about the cake! It tasted so good and the service was great. Raquel and her team made everything so easy from the tasting to Sunday delivery. They also send the top layer of cake home with instructions about how to freeze and save it to enjoy on our anniversary. We will definitely use them again for other occasions!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Custom Cake Design 2

Custom Cake Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Also we are so glad to hear you loved the cake and everything was exactly how you wanted it! It was such a pleasure working with you and we are happy to have been apart of your big day!

Julisa · Married on 10/14/2017

Raquel was a dream to work with. I highly recommend her and her team... delicious cakes and great service.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Custom Cake Design's reply:

We are happy to hear that all of the cakes were delicious! It is was truly a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it!
  • FutureMrsL

Alyssa · Married on 09/02/2017

Our cake was amazing. The sugar flowers were fantastic everyone thought they were real. Not to mention the cake was delicious!!

Tyrika · Married on 09/02/2017

Wow, when I say this was meant to be, it was meant to be. My husband and I and already chosen a cake place but forgotten to cancel our cake tasting with custom cake design. Well when we arrived we fell in love with the cakes and the rest is history. Thank you Custom Cakes for bringing my cake design to life, people are still talking about how beautiful it was!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Eileen · Married on 07/08/2017

I bought my daughter's wedding cake from Custom Cakes. It was a 3-tiered round design that served 110 people. It was beautiful and delicious. I ordered their signature flavor of white raspberry with a buttercream frosting. It was decorated with fondant "ribbons".
    The staff is professional and friendly. And the cake tasting is such fun! Recommended.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Custom Cake Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are thrilled to hear that everything was delicious and exactly how you wanted! It was such a pleasure working with you and we are happy to have been able to make everything special!

margaret · Married on 05/27/2017

We went to about 5 different places to taste wedding cake before this one and none of them could have provided better services or tastier cake then Custom Cake Design. First off, we went in for a tasting and the employee/owner was nice and professional and gave enough samples for my mom, husband, and myself to enjoy multiple bites of each one (you would expect that anyway but the other places either gave tiny samples which were not enough for everyone to taste or they gave us cupcakes). After trying the cake, we knew they would be our vendor, we ate every single part of the big sample she gave us. The wedding cake they made us was beautiful, exactly how we wanted it, and everyone raved about the taste and texture of it (it was spongy and moist and perfect). The price was incredible too, we paid less than $600 dollars for an 80 person 3 tier cake and a 30 person sheet cake - compared to over $1000 at a couple other places. We will be buying cake from there just to eat!

Stephanie · Married on 01/07/2017

Custom Cake Design did a fabulous job with the cake for my wedding! They were the third bakery I went to for a tasting and, after having been disappointed at the other two, I was very impressed with Custom Cake Design. First, the cakes are delicious. Also, there are SO MANY CHOICES, it's amazing! I think we sampled at least 20 kinds of cake :) As an added bonus, it turns out that their frosting is actually dairy-free, even though it tastes like some of the best buttercream you've ever had. This is great for those of us with dairy intolerances! All of my friends and family were raving about the cake, and at least a few people were asking who the bakery was so that they could get cake there in the future! We went for a fairly simply cake design and it looked beautiful. I highly recommend CCD!

Tiffany · Married on 12/10/2016

OMG..... our cake was STUNNING and delicious!!!!!!!! After getting a first quote from another vendor (double the price - ZERO taste....) - we found Custom Cake Design! I went for a visit, the folks there were just WONDERFUL! Down to earth and kind! Beautiful fluffy cake.... the buttercream icing is right on point!!!!! (We did a red velvet, raspberry white chocolate and white chocolate layers.... YUM!!!!) Just so easy to work with!!! What a wonderful experience! If you are in the Maryland, DC, or even the Virginia area, I would 100% recommend Custom Cake Designs. So easy to work with!! You can schedule a cake tasting at any time - just easy and wonderful!!! Thank you for the most beautiful Winter Wonderland Wedding Cake!!!

Valerie · Married on 10/29/2016

I loved my wedding cake!! It was a beautiful ivory cake with gold dots and bows. Each tier was a different flavor. The cake tasting day was so much fun. Custom Cake let us try so many flavors and fillings. It was hard to make a choice! Our favorite flavor was choc chip cake with cream filling. Cant wait to try our top tier in one year :)

Everyone at Custom Cakes is very friendly and responsive. They create a sketch of your design and give you an opportunity to review and really decide if you like it.

The cake was a huge hit and we loved our experience!

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/15/2016

Custom Cake Design was amazing - don't let the industrial park where they are located mislead you! We had done a cake tasting at another bakery before, and Custom Cake Design was hands down the best choice! There was such a wide variety of flavors and combinations that we could choose in order to make it unique to us. While debating over our flavors, the staff pointed out that they could make each layer a different flavor. No one at our tasting had to compromise on what they wanted! When it came to design it was so easy. They listened to what we wanted, and it came out absolutely stunning - they even matched the blue to my bridesmaid's dresses! We were able to drop off our cake topper as soon as it arrived, and at that time Custom Cake Design even allowed us to add Gluten- and Dairy-free cupcakes to our order so that we could accommodate all of our guests. The cake was delicious, and to top it all off, Custom Cake Design even provided a small box with directions in order for us to preserve our top layer. We will be going to Custom Cake Design for any future bakery needs we have!

Georgine · Married on 05/28/2016

Custom Cake Designs is fantastic. The cake was included with our venue (Montgomery Country Club) so I was a little hesitant and wasn't sure how it would be. They were very receptive to what we wanted and our cake tasting was fantastic. The final cake was everything we wanted and our guests loved it. We even had different flavors on each layer. Will definitely be using them again in the future!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Custom Cake Design's reply:

We are happy to hear that you and your guests loved the cake! It was truly a pleasure working with you, and being able to add to such a special event! Thank you for the rave review.
  • User5262060 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding cake from CCD was fantastic and most importantly, it was delicious! They responded to emails always the same day, usually within an hour and were very nice when we went there for the tasting. I didn't have a very clear idea of what I wanted, and they worked with me to design a lovely three layer cake. It was so delicious I was eating more of it in the hotel lobby (along with others) long after the wedding ended!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Custom Cake Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It is truly appreciated! We are happy to hear that you and your guests loved the cake, and that we were able to make the whole process easy for you!

Lynn · Married on 04/23/2016

It’s really important that a wedding cake tastes as good as it looks, and Rachel of Custom Cake Design understands this. She supplied us with a 3 Tier Wedding Cake (Vanilla cake, Lemon filling and Rich White Icing) that looked exactly like the picture I supplied her with. A ¾ sheet Groom’s cake (Chocolate Chip cake, Chocolate mousse filling and Rich Chocolate Icing) with a custom picture and inscription on top. And finally, a small Gluten free cake for my three Gluten free guests. I tried all three cakes and they were extraordinary. In addition to creating three delicious cakes, Rachel answered all of my (constant) questions in a very friendly way and she even made a special point of sizing up the silver cake board so that it would look great with the pedestal cake stand that I had purchased elsewhere. I highly recommend this vendor for your wedding cakes and any other special occasion cake needs you might have.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Victoria · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I worked with Custom Cakes Design as part of our contract with the Gaithersburg Marriott at Washingtonian and were very happy with the cakes. We went to do a tasting with my parents and all agreed on selections for the wedding cake and the groom's cake. Just for fun, we ordered a small version of the wedding cake flavors for a family holiday gathering to taste them together and realized that we weren't really thrilled with our selections together on the second taste. The manager at Custom Cakes Design was extremely accommodating and allowed us to come back in for a second tasting to figure out the flavors for our wedding cake (the groom's cake was still delicious and required no changes at all). We chose the same cake with different icing and it made all the difference in the world. Our wedding was last weekend and both cakes turned out beautifully - exactly how I wanted them to look and absolutely delicious. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Jackie · Married on 04/16/2016

Custom Cake Design was great! We ordered a small top tier for us and two different flavor cupcake for our guests and all of it was AMAZING! Since we only had one bite of our top tier at the reception, we both had a piece before we froze it. Our top tier was Butter Rum cake with Raspberry filling and Buttercream icing. The cupcake were Champagne and Chocolate Raspberry flavored with Buttercream icing. All of it was amazing! The pricing for the cupcakes and cake was the cheapest we found and the quality was great! Can't wait to have more of our cake at our one year! :) Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Custom Cake Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are thrilled to hear that everything was delicious and exactly how you wanted! It was such a pleasure working with you and we are happy to have been able to add your special day!

Kelly & Brian · Married on 03/12/2016

My husband and I just celebrated our first anniversary and our cake was just as delicious as it was on the night of our wedding. The directions to freeze it were simple and easy to follow and the cake preserved extremely well. We didn't get to enjoy much of it on our wedding night so having this whole cake to ourselves was such a treat! Thank you Custom Cake Design!!

Joyce · Married on 12/05/2015

Cake was beautiful and delicious!

Amber · Married on 11/14/2015

Our cake was amazing! It was exactly as ordered and tasted divine. We went with two tiers (our anniversary tier and the bottom tier) strawberry cream and the middle tier white chocolate. Our guests had nothing but great things to say and we cannot wait to taste it again on our anniversary!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Custom Cake Design's reply:

We are so happy to hear that you and your guests loved the cake! It was truly a pleasure working with you and being a part of your special day! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we sincerely appreciate it.

Jaimie · Married on 11/08/2015

We loved our cake! Tasted delicious and looked beautiful! Delivered on time, and did everything just as we asked.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Jackie · Married on 11/07/2015

Custom Cake Design was one of the available options through the hotel we had our reception at and we were so happy with the results!!! The tasting process was great, they let us try literally every flavor they have to offer and each one tasted great and were all very moist. We didn't know exactly what we wanted but they were very helpful and patient with us as we looked at possible designs. The anemone sugar flowers they made turned out absolutely beautiful. We got a lot of compliments from our guests asking where we got the cake from.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Custom Cake Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we truly appreciate it! Also we are so glad you and your guests loved the cake! It was such a pleasure working with you and we are so happy that we could help add to your special day!

Janice · Married on 10/24/2015

Raquel, co-owner of Custom Cakes, was terrific from the taste testing to recommending and accommodating our custom cake design. We ordered
    marble cake and many guests have complimented how delicious the cake
    was! We highly recommend Custom Cakes for weddings and any other events!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Custom Cake Design's reply:

We are so pleased that you and your guests loved the cake! It was such a pleasure working with you as well Janice! We look forward to hopefully baking for you again in the future! And thank you for taking the time to review us, we truly appreciate it!