Current Affair Music Reviews

68 Reviews for Current Affair Music

• Lexi

Lexi Vlacci · Married on 10/11/2020

The best!

I was just married on 10/11/2020 and Current Affair is truly the BEST in the business! Between the music, the singing and the dancing we could not have asked for anything more! While the pandemic brought some challenges, John stuck with us through it all. He was fantastic to work with and helped us to stay positive. The guitarist played beautifully at our ceremony and the band had everyone up on the dance floor at our reception! They even learned new songs for us too! We received endless compliments throughout the night from all of our guests. If you are looking for a band for your big day you will LOVE Current Affair! They love what they do and you will love having them there!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Regina · Married on 08/22/2020

Still the best!!

Mother of the Groom 8/22/2020

Amazing! This wonderful group of talented people played at our daughter’s NY wedding 11 years ago and this past weekend traveled to NH for us to play at our son’s wedding!! And having a wedding during these times had some challenges ...three venue changes, two date changes, Covid precautions! John stuck with us through it all! And we are SO grateful! The guitarist played at the ceremony and the cocktail hour, with the full band rocking the ball room until midnight!! Everyone loved them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2020

We Cannot Stop Smiling!

John and The Current Affair Band were above and beyond everything we could have hoped for! Getting married during the current pandemic environment was hard enough, so having John be so responsive and willing to work with us to make our wedding day so special was simply amazing. Even with restrictions and safety precautions in place, it did not stop our guests from flooding the dance floor for the entire night! For days afterwards, our family and friends could not stop raving about how great our band was! I highly recommend hiring The Current Affair Band for your wedding or event, as you will NOT be disappointed. We plan on hiring them in the future for any and all events!

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing!

Our wedding is 7/18/2020 and the process so far with Current Affairs has been so easy! Johns response time is impressive! He answers your questions and is very patient. I cannot wait to actually get to enjoy them for our wedding! Already so happy we chose Current Affairs for our wedding! :)

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Ange

Ange Di Gioia · Married on 10/26/2019

Spectacular

This band STOLE the show at our wedding! I cannot begin to count the number of compliments we have received! They played every era, every genre! There was NOTHING they couldn’t master! They had the entire wedding on the dance floor the entire time!! John is the most patient, easygoing, and organized person to work with. It was a pleasure to work with him! He never made me feel like I was annoying either, and I totally was!!!
    They provided huge screens and zap photographer for real time photos to be played AND for sentimental slideshows to play that my mother had prepared for our dances. Could NOT have asked for more!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Eri · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Wedding Band!!

Current Affair truly made our night! They are extremely talented musicians and played such a wide range of music that kept the dance floor packed all night long. John was so flexible and extremely easy to work with - he took every request we had with enthusiasm and was so accommodating. We got so many compliments from guests saying Current Affair was the best wedding band they've ever heard! HIGHLY recommend this band!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley Kantarian · Married on 09/06/2019

For the ultimate dance party, this band will absolutely deliver - and more

John and the entire Current Affair team were professional, responsive, flexible - and they delivered far better of an experience than I could have ever imagined.
    Knowing the band would be the most important thing at our wedding, we saw and spoke with literally hundreds of bands before my parents remembered the band playing at one of their friends weddings they said was the best dance party they’ve been to....and we got their contact info and John was so real, down to earth, and professional.
    beyond the ease to work with in the planning process (no red taps or management teams - your talking to the band lead the whole time), John and entire his team just delivered such an unreal performance on the day. They crush the oldies like the real deal and they also play songs of today. Just a few days before my wedding I requested a song they didn’t know and but they somehow practiced on their own that week and pulled it off on the day.
    We had Johns group play during the ceremony as well - and the guitarist absolutely crushed it. We added horns for a surprise “all you need is love” performance and it was perfect.
    Every band member was great. The horns (this was important to us!), John on the guitar, people were literally bowing at the guitarist and ever single person in the band was just exceptional.

John is seriously the man - he really knows how to run the show and put on a party guaranteed to have everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Andrew L · Married on 08/18/2019

Great afternoon at The Crescent Beach Club

Current Affair was great! They are very unique in that they will learn and play any song you want. Most bands have a limit to the songs you can request. Our guests were very happy with their music. John is great to work with!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Patricia · Married on 08/10/2019

My Daughters Wedding

My daughter Láuren recently got married at the Crescent Beach Club in Bayville, LI. The reception was amazing, an unforgettable evening. The Current Affair contributed to the unforgettable evening. The dance floor was packed the whole night. My guests could not stop raving about the Current Affair Band. They personalized the wedding with constant communication with the bride & groom prior to the wedding. I highly recommend the Current Affair for your next event.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Laura

Laura Serafino · Married on 06/29/2019

Best part of the wedding!!!

Our guests cannot stop talking about our band!!! The whole dance floor was packed & facing the band the entire night! It was like a concert! Not only was everything absolutely perfect, but John was a pleasure to work with!! 100000% would recommend them!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 06/22/2019

Best wedding band ever!

I cannot put into words how THRILLED I am with Current Affair’s performance at my wedding!! Everyone literally danced the entire time which was exactly what I was hoping for! They ended the night with a performance of Mr. Brightside which completely brought the house down. I had wedding guests who are professional musicians come up to me and tell me they couldn’t believe how amazing the band was!

Additionally, John was GREAT to work with and we are so thankful he and the band played the songs we requested including a last minute request of the portuguese rendition of “Girl from Ipanema” for my mother in law who is Brazilian (she cried the entire time they played it.) I really cannot say enough about this band!! Plus their price is completely reasonable! If you are looking to book a talented band for an event Current Affair is it.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Erin Carbone · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Wedding Band EVER!!!!

I wish I could give a rating higher than 5 stars. We just had our wedding at the Ryland Inn this past weekend and the John and the rest of the band absolutely MADE the party. The dance floor was packed the entire night - even guests that we had never seen dance in the past were on their feet for most of the wedding! Music was so important to us that we sent the band an exhaustive list of songs we wanted to hear, and they played ALL of them (including several in Spanish and Italian), and played them beautifully! In the days since the wedding, guests have reached out to comment on how wonderful the band was. My only regret is that we barely had a chance to eat because every song was better than the next and we didn't want to miss the opportunity to dance and celebrate with our loved ones. Thank you, Current Affair, for making this wedding so memorable!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Donna DeChello · Married on 05/25/2019

The best band out there!

“Current Affair” makes the party! Over the past ten years we have enjoyed them at eight weddings, two of which were for our own children. We wouldn’t dream of having a wedding or event without them! They never take a break, they play to every generation, and they are a pleasure to deal with. The only advice - make sure your dance floor is big enough for all your guests! "Current Affair" is worth every penny!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Terence

Terence Walsh · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Wedding Band

John and Current Affair were (according to over a dozen of our guests) the best wedding band ever. We couldn't be happier with our choice. They kept the dance floor packed all night with a fantastic blend of classics and contemporary hits. They were also very flexible as we requested my brother's girlfriend to sing our first dance song with the band. John was prompt in his replies throughout the entire process and he really helped our special day go very smoothly. An all around amazing experience.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Dina · Married on 09/28/2018

OMG!! John and his band just played our wedding and they were AMAZING! Great music, great vibes, great energy! It's exactly what my husband and I wanted for our wedding - to have fun and celebrate the fact that we were getting married. The variety of music that this band can play is superb, and their singers are out of this world. We wanted everything from 80's & 90's hip hop to 70's R&B to some Italian tarantella...and they played it all. Not to mention all the classics and some beautiful instrumentals that they played during our cocktail hour and while meals were being served (very important to us as we wanted music played all night long). John and Current Affair Music are simply the best!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Kate · Married on 09/08/2018

Current Affair is an AMAZING wedding band, and band leader John is a super sweet and fun guy to work with. At our request he put together for us an 8-piece band that included 2 female vocalists (male & female). All vocalists, including backup vocals, were very talented and soulful. Band members had great stage presence and engaged the crowd, and all of our guests had a great time dancing and were super complimentary of our band choice. We wanted them to play a mix of top 40, classic rock, Motown, and oldies - they nailed it all. Aside from the reception music, John also organized a classical guitarist to play during the ceremony and a jazz trio to play during cocktail hour. Current Affair provided the perfect ambiance for every step of our wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Kim · Married on 07/21/2018

My sister used Current Affair for her wedding, which was amazing, so it was the obvious choice for us but even still, they exceeded our expectations! I would say that by far, they were the easiest people I had to deal with throughout the entire wedding planning process. John was so easy going and responsive it was a breeze. They asked for a few songs we loved and hated and ran with it and did a perfect job! I think I even heard most if not all of the "love" songs played! Just about every guest was up and dancing and after the fact told me how amazing the band was, like they needed to confirm for me! They did a great job of mixing up the songs to appeal to all of our guests and keeping the energy high at all times. My dad said it perfectly that if you did not enjoy the band and have fun, you're not gonna have fun anywhere. HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2018

Too many good things to say!

Incredible quality, talent, RANGE and experience with these guys! We are so grateful to have worked with them, and we have received a new compliment every single day since our wedding on the music!
    There are truly too many positive things to say about John and his crew. I communicated with John for essentially two years before my wedding, and every time the conversations were just great. He was able to accommodate a lot of my crazy asks! I had even requested that they "play" a song that didn't seem possible to me to be played by a band (danse kuduro), and they absolutely NAILED it at the wedding! When I talk about range, I truly mean it. They played everything from Led Zeppelin to Rihanna, to Cardi B and even surprised my dad with some Grateful Dead!!
    I would recommend The Current Affair to anyone who wants to have a sincerely awesome party and jam packed dance floor at their wedding. They were off the charts!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Carol · Married on 05/27/2018

We used Current Affair for our daughters wedding 5/27/2018. This band was amazing! The dance floor was packed all night. They are so talented and truly was the best band we could have ever imagined. My guests keep calling and asking us who the band was. They keep saying it was the best band they have heard at a wedding. The venue who hears bands every weekend for years was complimenting this band . Before you book your date, make sure this band is available!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Meredith · Married on 05/26/2018

John and his band did an amazing job. We could not have asked for more. We chose them based off a recommendation and we are so thankful we did! The dance floor was packed all night. The music was excellent from beginning to end EVERY guest complimented our band. Current affair really set the tone for our reception and ensured our guest had a great time celebrating. John was very accommodating and flexible with every single request we had. They were able to play a variety of music and their Bill Joel songs were on point! We are so happy we chose Current Affair!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Brigid · Married on 03/17/2018

John Napolitano and his friends at Current Affair are more than just a band that played at our wedding; I now consider them part of the family. As the third sister in my family to to have Current Affair play at our weddings, I have to say they stole the show each and every time. Their kindness, enthusiasm, and excitement for each song they played echoed throughout the room. The amount of people that came up to me saying they were the best wedding band they've ever heard blew me out of the water. Creating a setlist based upon our favorite musicians and bands was such a special gift and really made our wedding celebration personal. I must add- John does a fabulous Billy Joel set list during dinner that makes you think you are listening to the Piano Man himself. I would highly recommend Current Affair for any occasion and only hope that in the future I get to attend a party and see their happy faces jamming out again soon!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Matthew · Married on 03/16/2018

Book Current Affair for your event!! From the get go, John was simply a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. He was extremely responsive and very informative. I had been to two weddings already that featured the band so I knew how talented they are, but I had no idea how truly great they were to work with until I experienced it firsthand. John was very thorough when speaking about our song selection. He wanted to make sure that they had a firm grasp on our tastes and expectations. The night of the wedding blew us away. Every single song we had requested was played and everything else that they added to the set list fit perfectly. Our guests never sat down; everyone was dancing until they kicked us out. In the days following our wedding, I can’t tell you how many compliments we received from our guests about how much they enjoyed the band. I cannot recommend Current Affair enough. I wish I had more events that I could book them for.

Sent on 03/24/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/13/2018

Current Affair is in a class of their own when you’re thinking of bands. The caliber of their performers made our night unforgettable and unreal. I can’t even express how amazing they were. John, the band leader is the most amazing person to work with. He went above and beyond to learn and play every single song we asked for. We had 90’s music, Disney music, Broadway, Spanish, and during dinner, he played a Billy Joel set which was like we were at a private concert. People have him a standing ovation!!!!! Pia Toscano of American Idol was the lead singer, and she sang our wedding song. I wish I could relive that moment for the rest of my life! The floor was packed from the first dance to the encore song (that everyone chanted and begged for!). People are still RAVING about them, saying they want them at every event for the rest of their lives! John and Current Affair will NOT disappoint.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/14/2017

Current Affair was amazing! They beyond talented and my guests at my wedding could not stop raving about them, even days after. They listened to me and my husband's interests and likes and executed beautifully. Everyone was on the dance floor, all night long, until the last song played. We are so happy we went with them and highly recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

Current Affair was absolutely incredible! Our guests are still raving about how great they sounded. We were so glad that we chose Current Affair as our wedding band and would recommend them to everyone. John and the rest of the band went above and beyond to accommodate our special requests and make sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 10/18/2017