Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design Reviews

107 | Chattanooga, TN

107 Reviews for Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2016

Shaun and her team are amazing!! She made it the most beautiful night and understood everything we were needing. Everything was smooth on the wedding day and the weeks leading up to it!! We had a great experience with Shaun and would recommend her to anyone getting married!!! It was the best!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

Thanks so much Lauren , you were a beautiful bride !

Julie · Married on 09/03/2016

Hiring A D.I.Y. Affair Weddings and Events was the BEST decision I made regarding my entire wedding planning experience. Throughout the process, Shaun was amazing!!!!!!! Her team was also excellent and definitely "on point" the entire wedding day. They truly made my wedding day a DREAM COME TRUE! Love and appreciate them!

Julie and Brandon

Sent on 09/19/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

A woman after my own heart , planning your wedding from start to finish was the absolute best . Thanks for putting your trust in me to carry out your vision for an elegant and classy wedding day!

Brittany · Married on 08/07/2016

I loved Shaun Cox with DIY Affair. She was quick to respond if I had any questions or concerns. She was also flexible with me changing my mind at the last minute with some decorations and went above and beyond what I asked of her. Her prices are reasonable and she does great quality work. So glad I hired DIY affair. It definitely took the stress off of me for my wedding by not having to decorate.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

Thanks for choosing us Brittany to handle your styling and setup needs on wedding day. Your design choices were beautiful , glad we could help lessen the burden of wedding day setup for you and your family.

Latashua · Married on 06/25/2016

This crew is absolutely amazing they made my day as stress free as possible. They made the receptions beautiful they went above and beyond for us. They will never know what a blessing they was on our big day!!!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

LaTashua you are so kind. Coordinators Porsche and Layne loved being able to coordinate your wedding at Tennessee River Day , I glad you were able to relax and enjoy your day !

Madison · Married on 06/25/2016

Shaun is awesome! She is so professional and makes her brides feel like queens! She is organized and knows her stuff. I highly recommend Shaun!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

You are a queen Madison, thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of you and Nick's day !

Briley · Married on 06/11/2016

Shaun and her team made my dream wedding (of 330 ish guests) a reality. Shaun did not leave any stone unturned when it came to planning and executing the day. Having a wedding planner is a MUST to keep your sanity and enjoy your day with those you love most and there is no one else to pick besides A DIY Affair! Trust me, you will not regret it for a second!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

We loved serving you , your families and all 330ish of your guests, what a beautiful day it was :)

Shaun was great! She made the entire day run so smoothly. I would definitely recommend her to any bride for her wedding day.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Mariela · Married on 05/22/2016

Shaun was amazing! She was such an awesome resource during planning process. I planned everything myself and had A LOT of questions, but she never seemed to mind. To say that Shaun and Porsche were on top of it would be the biggest understatement! Because she has such a great system set up, by the time we got to the wedding day, everything had a plan in place and I was able to truly enjoy the day. Everything (plans, contacts, logistics) was taken care of and the day went smoother than I could've ever imagined. My wedding party and immediate family have both commented to me how easy the day was - they saw that I was calm, so it helped them all relax. I know a lot of brides can't say this, but my wedding day was an AWESOME experience and I have Shaun at A DIY Affair to thank for that:)

Sent on 05/27/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

Mariela, I am so glad you were able to be calm surrounded by your family and friends and simply be in the moment of your day. We wish you and Joey a lifetime of happiness.

Nick · Married on 05/05/2016

Best decision I made! Very responsive and helpful. They helped me through everything and made the day perfect.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

You are welcome, Nick , I loved the surprise ceremony you planned at Rock City and honored you chose me to officiate your special union!

Kristen · Married on 04/24/2016

Shaun and her team were amazing to work with. She helped plan my entire wedding and she was on top of every detail. She not only was incredible at her job, but she also kept me on track with helpful reminders and encouragement! Everyone kept asking me, "Are you stressed?" My response was, "Of course not! I have Shaun!" Awesome lady. Great team. Amazing experience!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

My new found sister, happy tears, great laughs and candid moments, I loved every bit of the planning process with you Kristen , you got your little southern wedding and I got a happy bride . Love you girl!

Bethany · Married on 04/23/2016

I cannot begin to describe how much I valued shaun the day of my wedding. They don't tell you in the fairy tales and stories about how much work a wedding actually is for a few good hours becoming husband and wife. My now husband and I met with shaun about our big day in 2014 and from that very day until the day we said I do in 2016 she has done nothing but amazing work in helping us figure out what to do. She was extremely easy to contact, her staff was on point and sweet to our guests and wedding party, Shaun even took the time to show my not so coordinated dancing groom how to feel more comfortable on the dance floor before we performed our first dance. This company is amazing and I have raved and told every person I know that they are the best money you will spend throughout the entire wedding. If you have any doubts to book a wedding planner or not for your day, look no further I have your answer. It's worth it for sure!! Thank you Shaun and DIY Affair. We can't thank you enough.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

You are welcome Bethany , love being able to stay connected on Facebook !

Matt · Married on 02/16/2016

Perfect and stress free afair!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

Thanks Matt, that's the goal ! Thanks for choosing me to officiate your wedding !

Bill and Sherie · Married on 12/27/2015

Shaun provided exceptional service and an exceptional level of professionalism. She was just what the doctor ordered to help us close in on a wonderful celebration. We were especially thankful that we hired her, and it remained one of the best decisions that we made in planning this event

Sent on 01/03/2016

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

This warms my heart. I loved working alongside you both in planning your daughter's wedding day!

Amanda · Married on 11/05/2015

Shaun and her staff are more than professional and are on top of their game. If you are a type A personality and want every detail done to your specifications these ladies are who you want!!!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Shaun was recommended to me by not one, but two of her former brides. She was the only coordinator I looked at, and after my first meeting with her, I knew I wanted to work with her. She was kind, warm, and professional. As someone who has planned and worked events in the past, I knew it was important to find someone who had experience and knowledge, but also had a personality I could work with. Shaun is the total package. Don't settle for an inexperienced family member or friend or worse, no coordinator at all. I've coordinated events before, but there's NO WAY I would coordinate my own wedding. Let yourself be the bride and let Shaun do what she does best.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

My wedding went off the grid on October 24th 2015 with Porsche and Layne! They did an amazing job getting everything together the day of the wedding and helping me process through any minor stressors that could have happened. One of my flower girls ran into a rose brush and tore her dress and everyone was there to pitch in and put her dress back together. Porsche was my own personal bodyguard and she would not let anyone come in to see me! I felt like a famous person on this day! I would definitely recommend a DIY affair for anyone wanting to feel like a princess and stress free on your wedding day! It is totally worth it!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Amber · Married on 10/17/2015

I was referred to Shaun by a photographer in her area. For that I am super thankful, because she was amazing!! I had this idea in my head for a guerrilla Wedding/ Pop up Wedding/ Elopement, but was nervous that I wouldn't be able to execute what I had imagined. As soon as I spoke with her I felt 20X better about everything. The day came, and I'd have to say it was pretty dang close the picture I had in my head. I loved it, and so did everyone else. My family loved her, and the way she handled our little ceremony in the middle of a bridge on a Saturday afternoon:) The Robillards Heart you Shaun!!! Thank you again!!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design's reply:

and I heart you three Amber. You were beautiful , your groom and son just as handsome as can be and their wasn't a dry eye on that bridge by the end of the ceremony. Thanks for allowing us to plan your intimate wedding !

Madison · Married on 10/10/2015

I waded through several options for coordinators for this very important day. After I met with everyone, the choice was crystal clear to me to use a D.I.Y. Affair. Shaun completely got my vision and it showed on my wedding day. Just as important, she is a highly skilled communicator. Anytime I sent an email asking a question or soliciting advice, I received a thoughtful response within a couple of hours, and usually even quicker than that (and be careful-a lot of coordinators won't let you start communicating with them until close to your wedding day, whereas Shaun allows you to communicate immediately). Unlike myself, Shaun is EXTREMELY organized and I never once worried that any component was overlooked. I chose the vendors and Shaun ensured that everyone knew where to be and when. My wedding day was executed flawlessly and if anything went wrong, I never saw it or heard about it. The logistics that go into this day are overwhelming, but Shaun and her team make it so that you are completely carefree all day and you worry about nothing except enjoying every second. I cannot recommend them enough - it was easily the most important vendor decision I made. My day could not have been any more perfect and I owe that to A D.I.Y. Affair.

Sent on 10/19/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

The A-Team!

Shaun and her team at Cue the Champagne and Elope Chattanooga are the best of the best! As a wedding photographer, its so important to me to work with a fantastic planner/coordinator because when there isn't one, those responsibilities always seem to fall on me. I always know everything will be handled perfectly and smoothly when I'm working a CTC wedding. I also have had the pleasure to shoot quite a few elopements officiated by Shaun or her husband with Elope Chattanooga. Truly the best team around!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Ashlee · Married on 10/08/2015

Shaun is wonderful! She is down to earth and super friendly. She quickly responded to my emails and answered all of my questions. Her suggestions were very helpful and she helped capture my vision. My husband and I eloped on a Thursday and Shaun took time out of her busy day to make sure our day was special. I recommend her to anyone looking for an event planner who truly cares and wishes nothing but the best for her clients.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Brianne · Married on 10/03/2015

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Shaun is! My wedding went off so well thanks to Shaun and her team! She is so knowledgable, organized and just fabulous at handling all of the stresses of a wedding so the bride doesn't have to deal with them! I would definitely recommend hiring Shaun if you want the perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Finding D.I.Y Affair was such a blessing for my husband and I. I had reviewed a couple of planners but chose DIY because they had great knowledge, a wonderful selection of services, and were very responsive to my correspondence. Shaun and the team made sure our event went flawlessly. D.I.Y. is constantly in contact with existing and looking for new local vendors and opportunities to make sure that brides have the best access and knowledge of opportunities in the area versus some planners who have their 'pet' vendors regardless if its a good deal or not. This to me was an above and beyond attitude that I really appreciate. What ever your goal they'll definitely help you focus on that goal; for me it was cost and they were fantastic. All and all I don't think I could have had as amazing of a day without D.I.Y. I had a friend who was married a month after me and her planner was terrible so she ended up having to do a lot of the planning AND things the day of herself. I felt very grateful that D.I.Y. was there for me!

Plus I love that they offer a boutique for you to use items from like votive, signs, table decor etc!!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Shaun at A D.I.Y. affair was on top of every detail which allowed the family and bride to relax and enjoy the wedding and reception. We were extremely impressed with her organization and people skills. We would use A D.I.Y. affair again with no second thoughts. One of the best decisions and deals made for our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Meredith · Married on 08/29/2015

Shaun was so helpful from the very beginning. I knew we had to work with her as soon as we had our initial phone conference. She answered all of my questions and had some great ones for me - that two hour conversation flew by! Shaun was so easy to get into contact with, she was able to understand my vision for the wedding and made it happen! My husband and I are dreaming of ideas of how we can have another party, just to have Shaun and her amazing company help us once again!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Carmen · Married on 07/18/2015

Shaun and the staff at DIY Affair did a wonderful job planning my wedding. My husband and I chose the intimate wedding / elopement package and could not have been happier with our wedding. Shaun helped to coordinate everything including the invitations, officiant, venue, cakes, pictures, etc. We were able to have a beautiful view, about 50 guests, and great pictures for less than $2,000. It was the perfect option for us since we live in Savannah, Georgia but wanted a wedding near Chattanooga, TN and both work busy schedules that did not leave much time for planning. Shaun was always very quick to respond to emails and include/adapt to the things I wanted. I would highly recommend DIY Affair for any wedding needs, they are truly experts and love to help in the planning.

Sent on 08/10/2015