Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering Reviews

98 | Philadelphia, PA

98 Reviews for Crystal Tea Room- Finley Catering

Below is the note I sent to the head of Finley Catering at the Crystal Tea Room - this says it all!

Dear Kathleen,
    A proper note will follow, but now that we are back from our
    honeymoon I wanted to at least (for now) drop you a quick note to
    thank you from the bottom of my heart for ALL and EVERYTHING you did to help us plan what turned out to be a most fantastic and perfect
    wedding and reception. Miguel was incredible, simply and perfectly
    INCREDIBLE - everyone, and I do mean everyone, adored him. I am
    beyond grateful. To both of you.
    You have a fantastic wedding venue, impeccable staff and such a
    perfect model for helping make anyone's wedding a dream come true
    that you should be enormously proud. Our guests were blown away - completely and totally blown away. As were we.
    Much love,
    Lauren

Sent on 03/13/2013

Lauren · Married on 01/25/2013

The staff are absolutely amazing at what they do - you won't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 03/01/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/16/2012

Ott and the entire team at Finley did such a phenomenal job working with all the vendors for my wedding. They were more than accommodating with everything and made sure my new husband and I were we'll taken care of the day of the wedding. I had the best night of my life and a huge part of that is thanks to this beautiful venue and great staff!!

Sent on 11/25/2012

Maureen · Married on 11/03/2012

We couldn't be happier with the absolutely phenomenal job that Finley Catering did for our recent wedding. From Nicole in the sales department, to Ott the matre d....the experience couldn't have been better. Our friends and family kept running up to us throughout the reception saying "THIS IS AMAZING". Many people in the area like to go to Cescaphe, etc for their weddings - - but I have to say, Finley Catering is top knotch....you can't go wrong with them.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Gina · Married on 09/30/2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to have our wedding at the Crystal Tea Room in Philadelphia. From the moment that we walked into the grand ballroom we just knew it was the venue for us, and our searching was over! The Tea Room provides an amazing menu for cocktail hour, dinner and dessert... oh my the dessert. The best part is your cake is provided by Termini Brother Bakery, which is a Philadelphia staple.

The staff at the Crystal Tea Room payed very close attention to detail and went above and beyond to give us the wedding out our dreams. We found everything we could hope for while wedding planning when working with the staff at The Tea Room.

Sent on 01/31/2013

sandy · Married on 09/14/2012

one, one stop shopping. the food is delicious and abundant, the service is amazing, and the venue is elegant and inviting together. Miguel is in charge of the wedding party and we never lacked for food or drink or direction. our guests are in agreement that it was "the best wedding reception we have ever been to"

Sent on 09/16/2012

amanda · Married on 08/03/2012

Best experience ever. the spread of cocktails alone was amazing- guests commented it was the best they had ever seen. Service and accommodations by staff at the crystal tea room was unbelievable. knowing that i was in good hands made my wedding so much easier. no need for a wedding planner. best day ever- crystal tea room helped make it happen

Sent on 08/13/2012

The event was perfect and Ott was attentive to all the little things that we needed. I can't say enough about the Ott since he took good care of my husband and I. He even went out of his way to recommend some local shops to get a bunch of the other things I needed. The venue itself was sapcious enough for my huge family and I can't describe how nice the interior is. Everyone had a blast and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 01/24/2013

Makenzie · Married on 06/30/2012

Fairly Tale Wedding without a doubt.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Linh · Married on 05/27/2012

We LOVE LOVE LOVED having our wedding ceremony and reception at Ballroom at the Ben. Literally from the first second we stepped foot into the venue and met our event manager Nicole, we fell in love all over again...and again...and again. Nicole was ABSOLUTELY AMAZZZINNGGG!!!!! We hit it off instantly and through listening to our ideas...she executed everything perfectly to the T with the assistance of the famous Maitre'D Ott of course (otherwise known as Ott the Man). The cocktail hour food was great, and just enough where people didn't fill up and could still eat dinner. The dinner food was incredible! We received so many compliments on how well everything was prepared. We still get compliments to this day! I honestly think our wedding went so perfect and stress-free (and I know not many brides can say that) because we were blessed with caring vendors like Nicole and Ott. I thought I was an OCD organized person....until I met Ott. He had everything from start to finish set up and organized exactly how I imagined. He communicated well with the other vendors and made sure each person's timeline matched. He took every single detail into account as if it were his own wedding and we can't tell him how much we appreciate it. Even at the end, he had my wedding cake wrapped up, all of my dresses/shoes, and belongings on a valet cart ready for my family to take home for me. We didn't have to worry about a thing except to have the time of our lives. You guys made our wedding magical and we can't thank you enough!!!! LOVE!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Melissa · Married on 03/30/2012

We were married March 30 at the CRT and I have nothing but amazing things to say! From start to finish this place was perfect. We got an amazing price and because we booked in March we were given a choice of a paid for honeymoon or a $1000.00 credit to a local travel agent. We already had our honeymoon taken care of so we took the credit and were able to use it towards our rental car and honeymoon excursions. Nicole, the wedding coordinator was great to work with. She was so helpful with the planning that I really didn't have to worry about anything besides picking our food choices. As we got closer to the date she added extra appetizer stations and dessert stations just to ensure everyone would have more than enough choices! We were also able to request any type of alcohol that we wanted on top of all the top shelf liquors that were already included. Any time I emailed her she responded immediately and was very thorough. Miguel the Maitre d' was AMAZING. He did such a good job running everything that I had not a single worry or problem. He made sure everything ran smoothly and that everyone was having a great time. The food was fantastic, I obviously didn't get much of a chance to eat many appetizers, but those that I did have were very good and everyone else was raving about the food! Our dinner choices were filet, chicken, and crab cakes. Miguel and I think his name was Mike (not sure, but he worked closely with Miguel) made sure that my husband and I both had a chance to sit down and enjoy our dinner. They ended up giving us a combination plate which I was so happy about and the filet was cooked perfectly!! The crab cakes were fantastic. Our guests have been raving about how good the food was and what a wonderful time they had. At the end of the night they made sure all our things were clean and ready to go home with us, they packed up the top of our cake along with some that was left over and they also gave us a huge tray of leftover desserts from the dessert room. Mike also walked us back to our hotel which was the Marriott, with all of our stuff on a cart. If you are looking for a venue I seriously suggest going here. Not only is the place beautiful, but everything else is perfect and if you are flexible with your date you can get a really amazing price!! We are hoping someone else we know will get married there just so we can go and be guests at a wedding there. We couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out!!

Sent on 04/16/2012
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 02/17/2012

Excellent professional service. Easy to work with and very accomadating. Ott and Nicole were wonderful to work with during the planning process and espically the week of the wedding. They made our Wedding and reception an amazing experience. I would recommend this venue to anyone considering a wedding in Philadelphia. I could not be happier with my choice in Ballroom at the Ben.

Sent on 04/28/2012

Carol · Married on 12/31/2011

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!!! Food spectacular, service wonderful. Can't say enough. From beginning to end the experience with them was great, they couldn't have been more professional or more accomodating. I would highly recommend them. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Unbelievable!!!!

Sent on 01/06/2012

Laura · Married on 12/04/2011

The Tea Roon is the best, Great food. Huge Dance floor. Great staff.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Meryl · Married on 11/12/2011

My daughter's wedding at the Ben was perfect. The food was plentiful & delicious. The service was superb, especially Ott, our Maitre D. The room is so beautiful and a perfect place for a wedding. The entire staff is so helpful in the planning stages & provided everything as promised.

Meryl Kallish

Sent on 01/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2011

The whole experience was outstanding.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Thomas · Married on 09/16/2011

The wedding of my daughter was simply perfect. From the 73 Chevy Nova ice sculpture to the cocktail hour on the surrounding balcony to party on the reception floor, everything was spectacular. Ott and his team made this celebration one that will be hard to forget. Our family and friends are still raving about it a week later.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Courtney · Married on 09/16/2011

Finley Catering and their staff hosted our wedding at the Crystal Tea Room and it was just amazing. The food and the quality of service was just outstanding and my guests are still talking about it!! I worked with Nicole and Miguel, and they were just so great to work with!! They were very responsive, answered all my questions and were so easy to work with!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Meryl · Married on 08/14/2011

Our daughter was married at the Ballroom at the Ben on 8/14/2011. My husband and I were thrilled with every facet of the event. The
    ceremony was beautiful and organized perfectly by Ott who later moved our magnificent chupah to a different location with the wedding cake displayed under it. The cocktail hour was perfection with fabulous food and great service. Our band, Janis Nowlan Band, was the best.
    Dinner was delicious and the Viennese Room was incredible, with a wonderful array of awesome desserts. All of of our guests were very impressed and raved about everything. Ott and the staff were truly
    incredible and met every one of the family's wishes and needs, and
    this was all amazing, since the wedding plans began and culminated in this phenomonal event in just 6 weeks. WOW!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Allison · Married on 08/07/2011

The venue was just the start to the perfect wedding. Ott was amazing and handled everything. I did not have to lift a finger or worry about anything. If there were any problems, which I do not believe there were, I did not hear about them. I had complete confidence in the staff and especially in Ott. The food was amazing and so was the whole package!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Colleen · Married on 07/02/2011

We couldn't have been happier with The Crystal Tea Room. Finley Catering did a fantastic job! From the moment I stepped foot into The Crystal Tea Room I knew that I had to have my wedding there. The room is gorgeous! Kathleen and Miguel were great work with. The food was amazing from the cocktail hour to dinner to the Viennese Room. I have never seen a Viennese Room like it before! One of our guests said that they just stood in the room and watched people's expressions as they walked into the room and saw all of the decadent desserts and after dinner cordials. Everything about The Crystal Tea Room was amazing!

Sent on 08/20/2011
  • Z

Zeina · Married on 06/11/2011

I was so very pleased with the service that I received from Finely Cathering and the Ballroom at the Ben. Nicole was my contact over there, and she was absolutely amazing!! She always answered all my questions so very promptly and was always available and accomodating whenver I asked her anything about our wedding! She was organized and thorough and just such a pleasure to work with. She took great time out and she made it feel like she was always helping me to the best of her ability. I really appreciated her attention to detail as well, particularly because I was so obsessed with having everything be perfect.

Ott was also an amazing person to work with. He really took the time out to please us and our families and make sure everything with the food and service was perfect for that day!

Sent on 09/12/2011

Pamela · Married on 06/04/2011

My daughter Chelsea married her best friend Jimmy on Sat. June 4,2011. The ceremony was held at St Christopher Church in the northeast. After a fun filled trolly ride the wedding party joined our 240 guests for the most spectacular cocktail hour and reception that I have ever been to! When my husband and I went in to view the venue before our guests arrived I was "Stunned" by the beauty of well...EVERYTHING!!! the tables of food, the servers all in their black tie splendor, the tables settings, EVERYTHING was even more special that I had envisioned! The staff at the Ballroom were more that accommodating they were perfect hosts! Thank you, thank you for making this the most special day for the newly married couple and for our entire family!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Bruce · Married on 05/07/2011

Best you can get in Philadelphia

Sent on 05/12/2011

Kate · Married on 03/04/2011

Finley Catering was amazing! The food was delicious, the bars were stocked, the staff was friendly and helpful. They could not do enough for us. Ott was the best! I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of! Ott told us where to be and when to be there and everything flowed perfectly! The Ballroom at the Ben is breathtaking. It is the perfect mix between function and elegance. Our wedding was more than we ever dreamed it could be and we owe a great deal of gratitude to Finley Catering and the staff of The Ben for that!

Sent on 09/23/2011