Critic's Choice Catering and Event Production Inc. Reviews

43 | Redondo Beach, CA

43 Reviews for Critic's Choice Catering and Event Production Inc.

1 User photo

Critic's Choice Catering and Event Production Inc. 1
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/18/2018

Critics Choice Catering & Event Production services for my Wedding Day on 8/18/18 were amazing! Kaycie Fellows was my Wedding Coordinator for the whole day, but she did way more than just that one day- she has been there for me since January of this year meeting with me, going over details, creating our timeline, checking in with me, being the POC for ALL my vendors, coming with me to tastings, creating a menu for us, and more! She really is a hands on professional executor when it comes to events! I really felt at ease knowing Kaycie was there for me, she was always available for me and her expertise in events is super impressive. She was asking all these questions to my venue that I didn't even think about myself for my own wedding- it was awesome. We had so many different things happening for my Wedding ( In-N-Out truck, classic car, photobus, lots of DIY elements and decor,) every detail was executed perfectly. I had Critics Choice cater lunch for the groom and I in separate suites, and Kaycie delivered everything with impecable timing and even went out of her way to pick up some last minute items from my hotel room that we needed for the Wedding. I highly recommend hiring Critics Choice Catering and Kaycie for all your event production needs!

Shonna · Married on 06/10/2018

We worked with Critic’s Choice Catering for our wedding this month and we can not say enough amazing things about Kaycie and the staff who worked on our wedding! From day one Kaycie’s energy, passion and love for her career made her shine! We knew instantly that she would be the perfect fit for our wedding day! She helped us find the perfect menu, decorations, rental items, cake and even was our day if coordinator. Kaycie was absolutely PERFECT! Kaycie kept our wedding day running smoothly, and the day was a dream come true! Our wedding was exactly what we had pictured thanks to Kaycie and Critics Choice! Kaycie even arranged for a surprise exit with sparklers which was so gorgeous! Thank you for all you have done for us and helping make our dreams come true! ❤️

Critic's Choice Catering and Event Production Inc. 2

Julie · Married on 03/23/2018

Critic's Choice really came through for us on our big day. Kaycie and her team did an amazing job with the decor, everything looked beautiful and was put together with a lot of attention to detail, and the service and food were all exceptional. They really elevated the experience beyond anything we could have expected, and it was a huge relief to be able to leave so much of the work that day to such a capable and professional team. Throughout the planning process, Kaycie was very supportive and brought a lot of positive energy and great ideas to the table. We really appreciated the amount of personal interaction we received, including one-on-one tastings, as well as the helpful suggestions and advice we received along the way. Hiring Critic's Choice was one of the best decisions we made and we highly recommend them!

Laura · Married on 06/09/2017

So I'm going to be honest - we did not expect to love or hire Critics Choice. I had a caterer in mind already, but my fiancé insisted we try more than one place (and we had never actually eaten at the other place. Everyone just always uses them). Critics Choice BLEW us away. From setting up our tasting, to the minute we walked in, Kaycie's professionalism and passion was extraordinary. She took care of us, having set the room up to show how they would have it set up for the wedding. She offered us water, sat with us and explained each course. And the food. It was to die for. We left the tasting going that was seriously amazing, but we were waiting to do the other tasting. That one did not go so well, and the second we left there we hired critics choice. Kaycie was a dream to work with, and was basically a second coordinator for us. They offered us use of all their decor and rentals to give us that extra special touch. They designed menus and helped us create the perfect meal. It felt sometimes that basically anything we wanted we got because "it was included in our package". Day of wedding, we had servers constantly checking on us to make sure we were fed and given drinks. I think we were the best fed couple at a wedding ever! Seriously, hire Critics Choice and work with Kaycie. You will not regret it.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Critic's Choice Catering and Event Production Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Laura for your amazing review - we appreciate your comments and are so happy we were able to assist you with your event.

The best experience ever. Michelle was there for us every step of the way, helping us with an expert hand. In addition to catering, she also offered services in setting each table and including a centerpiece, renting the linens, and cutting and serving the cake. What we heard from everyone at the wedding was that the food was delicious and the staff were so friendly -- not their usual experience with caterers. I can't recommend CC enough.

Neatia · Married on 07/12/2014

Lorraine was wonderful and easy to work with

Michael · Married on 07/12/2014

I cannot say enought wonderful things about Critics Choice! They catered our recent wedding at the Palos Verdes Beach Club, and everything was absolutely perfect.
    We worked other Michelle, who made us feel so confident in her every step of the way. She is extremely helpful, organized, and thorough. And on our big day, her and her staff did a stellar job. They kept things running so smoothly, were gracious, and went above and beyond to make the event perfect.
    And the food was delicious. My husband and I already knew this since we had tastings, but our guests have since been raving about the various appetizers, buffet options, and desserts.
    Also, Critics choice provided our linens, table settings, and even our centerpieces (they did a beautiful job with these- exactly what I had hoped for). And Michelle does an amazing job of coordinating between the rental company and the venue coordinator. We are beyond grateful for having such a capable and caring person to look after so many aspects of our wedding.
    Again, I cannot recommend this company enough!!!!

Victoria · Married on 07/12/2014

Again, I cannot recommend this company enough!!!!

Keyna Cobb · Married on 07/04/2014

They did a wonderful job! We got exactly what we wanted and there was plenty of food for our guest. Patti was so nice and professional throughout the entire process. Highly recommended!

Heidi · Married on 06/07/2014

We used Critic's choice for my cousins wedding so when I found out that they were the exclusive caterers for my venue I knew I was in great hands. Tracy was so amazing in helping us plan the menu and all the details. If we had an idea that was not an option she came up with a great compromise that had us both satisfied. Our wedding appetizers and main course were amazing!!! Our guests raved about how delicious the food was and how friendly the servers were. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants great food and great service. Thank you, Critic's Choice, for adding to our special day!

Tiffany · Married on 05/17/2014

Michelle Paul and Critics Choice Catering catered our wedding in mid-May 2014 at the Norris Center for the Performing Arts in Palos Verdes, above Redondo Beach, CA. We really do not have enough positive feedback to share on Critic's Choice, and Michelle herself. When you book Critic's Choice as your caterer, you are really booking an event planner in addition to a caterer. Michelle acts as the general for your entire reception, helping with planning, interfacing with other vendors, interacting with the venue, and obviously coordinating your food. The statement that my wife made more than any other during the planning phase was "whenever I am stressed out, I talk to Michelle, and she makes me feel SO much better!". You really have nothing to worry about once you start working with this caterer. We had 2 different tastings, met the chef, get to know the staff and really let Michelle just take care of everything. And when it comes to the food - our guests stated that it was the best wedding food that they had ever had. And we agree. The menu is so loaded with options that it is impossible not to find the perfect combinations for your event. The presentation is amazing - they take care of decorations, table settings, linens, etc. The servers were extremely professional and attentive to our guests. The best part was that we were able to utilize their bartenders, but purchase our own alcohol at CostCo. The amount of money that this saved on this aspect alone was in the thousands of dollars. All in all, we cannot recommend Michelle and Critics Catering enough. We cannot imagine what our wedding would have been like without her. She was absolutely amazing.

David · Married on 04/05/2014

We interviewed and tasted several caterers and chose Critics Choice. The food was a notch above the others and Stephanie gave us the feeling she would take care of everything. I felt like I was hiring a wedding planner, which was important because we did not have one--I was planning it myself. Stephanie allowed me to relax and enjoy the party, even though the reception was held at our home. The guests were all raving about the food. Also, an added bonus was how personable the chefs and servers were.

We had a wonderful time working with Dave at Critic’s Choice. Always very friendly and professional, he made our planning run smoothly and stress-free. He clearly loves what he does and knows the wedding catering business very well.

Pre-wedding planning: We met with Dave a couple of times before the wedding for a tasting and to discuss the details. These meetings were very efficient and productive and he very kindly answered all our questions. He made us feel that our inquiries were always welcome. Planning with Dave was, indeed, a very pleasant experience.

The food: For our wedding we chose the Macadamia Chicken with Mustard Sauce, and the Chimichurri Tri Tip. As appetizers we chose the Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce, and the Quesadilla with Brie & Papaya—our guests loved everything! Our families can’t stop talking about how great the food was. But not only was the food delicious, it was also very presentable, and for a wedding that’s a big plus.

Service: The Critic’s Choice staff is great. They are all very friendly and truly cared about making our wedding perfect. Dave and his crew served the food and drinks exactly as we had scheduled and with great efficiency. They also took great care to ensure that our venue looked beautiful. They set up the tables (linens, glassware, silverware, etc.) to look better than we ever could have imagined. When my bride and I walked into the forum, we were dumbstruck by how beautiful everything looked. The Critic’s Choice crew also took care to pack up the leftover food in boxes that we could take home with us at the end of the night. They work with such careful attention to detail that the bride and I didn’t have to worry about anything.

Bottom line: We strongly recommend Critic’s Choice. They know weddings, their food is excellent, and their staff is great.

Sara · Married on 06/30/2013

Can't believe it's taken me this long to comment on this FABULOUS catering company. Stephanie Trammer was our guardian angel and gave us one of the most incredible events of our lives. Seriously, best wedding caterer ever. From tasteful and elegant decor, unbelievable mouthwatering, fresh food to always being available and on top of organizing everything! Great attention to detail and super comfortable to work with. My husband and I had the utmost confidence in her ability to make this wedding come off like a breeze. In other words, she works her *#% off! I can't recommend Stephanie and Critics Choice enough, for any event. We had the pleasure of experiencing the magic of Steph and CC at other events as well, so we knew we had a true professional we could count on. Thank you SOOO much for such a great experience Steph!

Cheers, Sara and Kirk

Kathy · Married on 11/17/2012

Dave was extremely flexible and helped us create a menu to fit our budget and our needs. He was also vey helpful in advising us how much we needed to purchase in terms of beverages at our event since it was a la carte at the venue. All in all, we felt their services exceeded what we needed and we would recommend their services to friends/family.

Lynn · Married on 11/10/2012

Michelle and her staff did a fabulous job catering my daughters wedding. The staff was extremely professional. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed the unusual menu.

Lara · Married on 10/13/2012

Critic's Choice did an amazing job for our wedding! The staff was friendly, professional and down to earth, which I prize. The staff was not obtrusive, and the service was great! The food was delicious! Our menu was southern style which could be very flat in flavor, but NOT with Critic's Choice!! Everyone at the wedding complemented the food, and myself (bride) and the groom were very happy with it also. I would highly recommend this caterer! I worked with Tracy, and she is amazing! Thanks to Critic's Choice for giving our wedding a great culinary experience!

Martha · Married on 10/06/2012

We had a small Renewal of Vows ceremony with 60 family members invited to a reception at our house. Stephanie and her team from Critic's Choice had our home looking spectacular for our arrival. The food was phenomenal and the coordination with the party supply vendor, the cake bakery, the entertainer and fixing my dress when I had a wardrobe malfunction made Critic's Choice the Super Caterer of choice for all my events. Thank you to the whole team from all the Badame and de la Torre family members.

• mdyblue5

G. · Married on 09/14/2012

We had our wedding at Sepulveda Home and they only work with Critic Choice and I'm happy they do. Critic Choice food was outstanding!!! We worked with Michelle and she was very nice to us. Some of the food choice we chose was tri tip chimmichurri, wonton tuna shashimi and mac n cheese(yummy!) and more. Everything was so yummy! We got compliments on the food too.

asherah · Married on 09/08/2012

This review is specifically for Critic's Choice Catering as we did not use Kaycie. I would like to start by saying Michelle was the most responsive and personable caterer of the many we spoke with. We received a response to our first email within minutes and had a tasting (free of charge) the very next day. Working with Michelle is like working with your warm loving mom. She genuinely cares that your wedding go smooth and goes above and beyond to make your day amazing. My only regret is not booking her to do our flowers and day of coordinating.

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2011

Michelle and the Critics Choice team made my wedding better than I could have imagined. She was incredibly responsive and professional throughout the entire process. I was planning my wedding remotely and Michelle was extremely flexible so as to meet me whenever I was in town. We were worried about rain the day before my wedding - and Michelle proactively called me with Plan B options to prepare for weather. On the day of the wedding (at Point Vicente), Michelle made our venue absolutely stunning. She went above and beyond with the decorations, and even incorporated other flowers/decorations that I brought into our design. The service was absolutely world-class. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. Michelle made sure that everything was running efficient and on time. Last - the food was INCREDIBLE. Everyone at our wedding commented that our food was (hands down) the best wedding food they had experienced. I would highly recommend Michelle and Critics Choice Catering. I had high expectations and she exceeded all of them. Our wedding would not have been so wonderful without her. The value that CCC provides is outstanding.

Emily · Married on 09/17/2011

Our food was catered by Critics Choice and we worked mostly with Tracy- they were amazing! Many of the members of our family said that they had never had such good food at a wedding and that Critic's should think about opening a restaurant. We loved it. The portions are quite generous for the amount you pay. They worked with us to find the perfect menu for our budget and guests. They were flexible with the ingredients: when we wanted more pine nuts or less of something else they were more than happy to work with us to make the menu everything we hoped for. We had older family members at the event that were not every mobile and the waiting staff made sure they always had a full glass and anything else they would have wanted- that meant the world to us! My husband and I were so busy speaking with our guests that we almost didn’t have any of our own cake- a waiter noticed and brought us some - I was so thankful!

Alisha · Married on 09/03/2011

A lot of brides don’t want to hear that the venue they fell in love with does not allow outside catering – you must use their preferred vendor. It’s hard to accept that you don’t have a choice, and I certainly felt some of that initially when the venue of my dreams – The Sepulveda Home – will only use Critic’s Choice. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally met Tracy and we went in for our first tasting.
    WOW! Not only was Tracy over the top accommodating and a blast to do business with, the food was FANTASTIC! I loved every bite and honestly had a hard time narrowing down the final menu. I wanted a little bit of everything. Tracy asked about my colors, décor, and went out of her way to make sure that her presentation was a feast for the eyes. In lieu of traditional wedding cake, we had bread pudding. Tracy revamped her dessert service to accommodate serving a treat that is a little offbeat without hesitation. She happily stuck our little cake topper on our dish packed with all 5 flavors and used the toppings to create a plate that was worthy of the traditional “cake pictures”. I even had a cousin who arrived well past dinner service and Tracy made sure she was seated and served dinner the moment she walked in. Amazing.
    Tracy is so awesome that I have already used her professionally as well. I needed 2 meals delivered a day for 4 days at 2 separate locations and Tracy did not miss a beat. Her menus were spot on and everything was delivered on time, hot and delicious. The delivery drivers were super friendly and happy to help if you needed a little extra assistance. I would not hesitate to use Critic’s Choice for another corporate lunch and I will absolutely recommend them to anyone who asks.

Gina · Married on 08/20/2011

Tracy @ Critics Choice Catering was fantastic! She was extremely helpful and had such an uplifting, sweet, fun personality. She was reliable and always willing to go the extra mile, she even offered to be our coordinator and worked with our budget to provide quality food and service. The food is amazing, we had compliments all night long and the bartendars were very professional, friendly and mixed great cocktails with the list we gave them to work with.
    I would'nt recommend anyone else!

xo
    Gina and Nelson

Alicia · Married on 07/09/2011

The food was absolutely amazing and Michelle was awesome to work with! We had a lot of specific needs (including multiple people with severe food allergies), and Michelle handled it all perfectly! The food was the best of any food we have had at any wedding, and our guests still can't stop talking about how great it all tasted. Thanks again for everything!