Creative Celebrations Reviews

21 | Lake Oswego, OR

21 Reviews for Creative Celebrations

Lorraine · Married on 09/30/2017

From helping us find a perfect venue to the day of coordination, we can't thank Carolyn and Creative Celebrations enough for making our daughter's wedding a dream come true. Our daughter lives in another state and it was great to have Carolyn suggest trusted vendors. And she was always open and accommodating to the vendors we found on our own. With her timeline and attention to detail, we knew we were in good hands in the weeks leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Carolyn and her team took care of everything; which allowed us to relax and thoroughly enjoy the day celebrating with our family and friends.

Steven · Married on 08/12/2017

Carolyn was incredibly helpful helping us prepare for our wedding, working with us to find great vendors and keep us sane along the way of planning the wedding. Over the course of a year or so, she helped keep things organized and moving, and a kick in the pants when we were needing to make decisions. She had great suggestions and was also very responsive to our vision for our wedding - all her suggestions were within the frame we set, and helped us realize our vision better than we could have on our own!

On the day of, we worked with Jamie and her assistants, all of who were fantastic. There were no hiccups, and if there were, we weren't aware of it! Jamie was so helpful keeping the day moving, fun, and helping us stay on track, and even saving us a few times from getting trapped in drawn out conversations. She was so on point, and so incredibly nice, nothing but praise for the day of coordination - the wedding day was a dream, and Jamie was so key in making it feel effortless.

Thanks for all your fantastic work!

Jenna · Married on 07/29/2017

Carolyn is amazing! She was essential to helping us design, plan, and execute the perfect day. She answered every phone call, text, and email quickly and provided me with great advice. Carolyn kept excellent track of everything in the planning process and no details were left unplanned. She helped talk me through all of the decisions I had to make. On the day of, she and her staff made sure everything went smoothly and if there was a problem I had no idea it occurred. Everything turned out beautiful and just exactly as it was planned. I highly recommend Creative Celebrations.

Heather · Married on 07/07/2017

Carolyn is amazing! Her team is fantastic! Our wedding day was perfect thanks to Creative Celebrations. Carolyn was very accessible, resourceful, knowledgeable, indispensable! Excellent from beginning to end. We coordinated an out of country event together and I could not have done it without Carolyn. The team is professional, fun and get things done! Highly recommend.

Brittany · Married on 06/08/2017

Carolyn at Creative Celebrations was amazing help for our wedding. We had a destination wedding in Portland Oregon and reside in Ohio so we needed many recommendations for vendors that were local. We fold Carolyn where we wanted to get married and put theme and feel for the ceremony and she came back with great vendor options, almost all we used! She was so pleasant and fun to work with and truly helped make our day better than we imagined. You are in good hands if you work with Creative Celebrations!

collin · Married on 06/03/2017

Our wedding was the most special day of our lives, one we will hold onto for the rest of our lives, and it wouldn't of been nearly as incredible as it was without Carolyn.

From the moment we began working with her, we knew that we had a dedicated, passionate, hard-working, and determined coordinator on our sides that would ensure that our vision would be made into a reality.

Carolyn worked tirelessly, coordinating and communicating with all of our vendors, making on-site visits, thorough and comprehensive timelines, to-do lists, and most importantly, making sure we were at ease throughout the entire process. When the big day finally arrived, we didn't have to worry about a thing other than being present to the amazing experience.

If you are in the market for a wedding planner your search is over, you just found the best.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Creative Celebrations's reply:

Collin | Aja- Your wedding was so unique, who knew a retro trailer park in SW Washington could be so cool? By the end of the weekend I felt like part of the family! Thank you for allowing me to share in your joy!

Chelsea · Married on 09/04/2016

Wedding planning with Carolyn was amazing. She held our hand through the entire process and was always available for chats, suggestions, ideas, and to assure me that everything was in good hands. The day was absolutely spectacular,everything came together perfectly and our wedding was one that was everything we wanted and more.

Laurie · Married on 08/27/2016

Carolyn was a dream to work with and she made our daughter's perfect wedding possible! She was professional and organized and full of good ideas to save money and/or make the day run more smoothly. We could not have pulled off this beautiful day without Carolyn and her staff!

Devon · Married on 08/27/2016

I loved working with Carolyn and her team on my wedding. Carolyn was extremely knowledgeable and organized and she kept the whole day on track. She was able to tackle anything and everything that we asked her to help with. I was planning my wedding from out of town and she really took the stress out of my planning and my wedding day. I would highly recommend her!

Michele · Married on 04/23/2016

Carolyn coordinated my daughter’s wedding from the very beginning. She made choosing all of the large pieces, i.e; locating a venue, picking a caterer, choosing the florist, transportation, etc. so easy because she has many vendors that she has previously worked with. She was also willing to check out new vendors that my daughter knew about and let us coordinate some of the pieces that we were capable of doing. Carolyn made the whole planning process flow seamlessly. On the day of the wedding she and her team were at the venue early to check on each part of the wedding. While we were planning each piece of the wedding we didn’t know how it would all go together but with Carolyn’s precise timeline and she and her team checking on each step it was the wedding my daughter dreamed about. I would highly recommend Carolyn O’Brien and Creative Celebrations to coordinate any event!

Alexa · Married on 04/23/2016

Carolyn was an integral part of our wedding from day one. She ensured that we stuck to a reasonable timeline - for choosing both big things and small things - and gave us the freedom to research vendors on our own if we wanted. When we were having a hard time making a decision, Carolyn was there to give us her expert opinion and help us make an informed decision that was best for us. On the day of, we got to enjoy our wedding and not worry about details because Carolyn and her team were there to make sure everything was set up and where it needed to be. During the wedding and reception, Carolyn made sure we were sticking to our schedule so that we could fit in everything we wanted (lots of dancing!!) before we made our grand exit. If Carolyn hadn't been there, the wedding day would have been a very stressful day for my mom and I, but her being there meant that we got to relax and enjoy every moment. I am forever grateful to Carolyn for that!

My husband and I often refer to our wedding as the "perfect day" and we owe so much of it to Carolyn and her team.

Carolyn did a fabulous job as our wedding planner. Her enthusiasm, organization, attention to details and execution of our wedding plan was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend Carolyn!

Lindsay · Married on 08/08/2015

Carolyn was so helpful on our wedding day. I booked her for just the day of the event and boy was it worth it! I had two different sites for the ceremony and reception so I thought it would be helpful to have a coordinator on the day of the wedding.

A few days before the wedding, she called and emailed all the vendors to make sure that everyone would arrive on time and that we would avoid any hiccups. The day of the wedding, Carolyn and her assistant had the whole reception arranged exactly how I wanted it. All of the decorations were in the exact spots we talked about, she created a timeline to keep the flow of the reception running smoothly, and she made sure that we always had a drink in our hand and something to eat. She also made sure that we stayed hydrated throughout the day.

It was so great to have her help with the ceremony, she made sure that everyone had their bouquets and pinned on the groomsmen’s boutonnieres. I had a very large wedding party so it was really nice to have her there, I didn’t have to worry about a thing! Carolyn also conducted the ceremony perfectly. The whole bridal party was prepared and walked down the aisle on time, including the little kids. She also made sure that I brought the marriage license to the ceremony so that everyone could sign it. Carolyn really took charge of the wedding so I was able to completely relax and enjoy the wonderful day.

I highly recommend Carolyn if you are looking for a wedding coordinator, she is great!

• Z

Zoe · Married on 06/13/2015

Having a day of coordinator was so worth it for me and for my mom. My mom got to spend the entire day with me, which was important to me, and I didn't have to answer everyone's questions all day! Carolyn had a very detailed run of show and made sure that all of my vendors were in the loop and on time. She and Lydia (her lovely assistant) even tested the walk from the house to the the aisle to be sure that my groom wouldn't see me. It was perfect! The one thing I would say is give detailed charts and lists and just as much detail about everything you want as possible. That is a little tough because you only get one phone call pre wedding with the day of coordination package. The rest of the communication is via email so I felt like there were a lot of gaps left open by the wedding day. A face to face would have helped a lot. My one disappointment about my wedding was that I spent a lot of money on things that didn't end up getting used at all. Overall Carolyn was wonderful and worth every penny. I just would have handled things differently as far as communication is concerned, if I were to do it again.

Teri · Married on 01/17/2015

Our wedding day was incredible. Carolyn made the planning process very stress free and communicated very well about everything we needed to make decisions on as well as gave her input based on her experience. Carolyn planned our absolutely phenomenal LGBT wedding and reception! It truly was flawless!!! The day of the wedding everything was in order, we did not have to worry about a thing and she went so far as to take care of both of us and make sure we were eating and not just socializing. Carolyn is worth her weight in gold and an absolute must hire!

Carolyn helped my daughter and I plan and hold a beautiful wedding! She was with us from the beginning and ensured that every detail was tended to at just the right time. Because Carolyn kept us on track, we were able to really enjoy the final few days before the wedding having manicures, visiting with guests from out of town, and getting plenty of rest. When the big day arrived, Carolyn managed all of the vendors, ensured both our venues were just as we had planned, and took care of everything so that I could focus on being there for my daughter. Event planning is not one of my strengths, but Carolyn made it look like it was. The amount we paid her paled in comparison to the value and peace of mind she brought to the event.

Denise · Married on 07/04/2014

Carolyn did an amazing job helping us during a time in which we were almost too busy to give her information to help us. She was very detail oriented and made our event seamless by putting out fires that I never knew about. I would recommend Carolyn for anyone putting on any type of event that they do not have time to plan. She also has a GREAT list of other subcontractors such as Officients, flowers, caterers, etc. Creative Celebrations, and specifically Carolyn Miller did a fantastic job in planning our wedding and reception!

Liz · Married on 08/08/2010

Carolyn stepped in a month before my event and took over all the details. She was so thorough, it gave me the peace of mind and the ability to relax and just enjoy my daughter's wedding. Small emergencies that came up the day of the wedding were taken care of quickly and effectively. Best thing I could have done. She was invaluable.

Carolyn helped arrange our daughter's wedding in Cannon Beach. We live in Boise and the bride and groom live in Phoenix. Our children grew up in Portland and my daughter dreamed of a beach wedding on the Oregon coast. With Carolyn's help her dream came true. We couldn't have been happier with everything. We trusted Carolyn's suggestions for venue, DJ, officiant , florist and so many details. The guests raved about everything and we are overwhelmed with gratitude.

Teri · Married on 09/21/2013

3.5

Having her on the day of the wedding was the best!