Creative Caterers at Glendoveers Reviews

Creative Caterers at Glendoveers 5
Creative Caterers at Glendoveers 6
Creative Caterers at Glendoveers 7

Linda · Married on 05/27/2018

On Sunday, May 27th. my son and daughter-in-law were married at Glendoveers in Penfield. The dedicated staff at Glendoveers went above and beyond to make the day special and perfect for the bride groom and their 72 guests.

Shannon, the events coordinator was fabulous throughout the year-long planning process (Bride and Groom live in Austin) and made suggestions that made things run smoother and were cost- saving. The location was beautiful- and we were able to use the outdoor area for the ceremony, the deck/ tent area for the cocktail reception, the patio and fire-pit for s'mores and the indoor space for dining/dancing.

Recent renovations-updating the bathrooms, new serving/buffet carts, brick and stone path landscaping were major improvements to a already picturesque venue.

We used McCarthy tent rentals for a 60" 1/2 round sweetheart table and sashes which were perfect for the high top tables on the deck. We also rented pole coverings which transformed the tent and deck space. We had rented a whole tent heater- which McCarthys allowed us to cancel without penalty when we realized the temperature was going to be in the 80s. We did purchase floor length linens for the dining tables (Glendoveers are not floor length)and high cabs in the tent (which is 1/3 the cost of renting).

We let guests know via the wedding site and email that Glendoveers offered complimentary valet parking- and it worked well. The food was delicious and served quickly to all guests. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/03/2018
    Creative Caterers at Glendoveers 16
    Creative Caterers at Glendoveers 17
  • F

Faye · Married on 07/22/2017

We worked with Shannon at Glendoveers as we planned our wedding reception in July. We had met her a year earlier when we explored Rochester for all sorts of venue options, but we immediately fell in love with Glendoveers. The hall has a sort of magic to it. It has soft lighting, a large dance floor, and such gorgeous natural beauty outside the hall. We had to figure out all our reception details over email and the phone because we live in California, so Shannon was incredibly accommodating for us. We were able to drop off the majority of our decorations the day before the wedding to make the day of less stressful. Shannon and her team made the hall look absolutely beautiful by the time we arrived. The cocktail hour was incredible- all the guests loved the hors d'oeuvres and the drinks and the staff took great care of everyone. The buffet dinner was equally amazing. The kids had a blast playing in the field outside and everyone loved roasting marshmallows for s'mores on their back patio. Everything was so easy for us thanks to Shannon's help. I hope to be able to attend an event there in the future because we didn't eat very much on our wedding day!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jenny · Married on 07/09/2016

We were so grateful to have our wedding ceremony and reception at Glendoveers. The venue was beautiful and the staff and bartenders were amazing.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/03/2016

Definitely book them!! Every thing was perfect on my day, plus I had a few guests that needed specific needs and they were more than happy to help. Plus I brought chair covers and when my day was over they bagged them for the trip home. That alone saved me an hour of two of honeymoon time!!! We had the pig roast and all the food was to die for. The guests especially loved the mac and cheese. My favorite was the salt potatoes. Do try them you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/01/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Glendoveers. It was wonderful working with Shannon. She was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. We received multiple compliments regarding the food and the staff from our guests on our wedding day.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Gina · Married on 04/23/2016

Wow! I am very impressed. I had a surprise 50th b-day party and the food was outstanding!! Every guest came up to me and said how delicious everything was. The serving staff was exceptional; professional, friendly, helpful. Everything exceeded my expectations, especially the food! It is hard to find a place that serves quality and quantity. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/25/2016

I'm so glad I chose this venue! I had 140 guests which was manageable but I probably wouldn't suggest having more than that if you are having dancing. Shannon, the coordinator, was amazing and helped me through the whole process! She set everything up for me and I completely trusted her. They recently remodeled and it looks great! I had the ceremony outside which was perfect. (Make sure you ask for extra chairs for ceremony because we didn't have enough for extras who came). They also have a huge tent as a back up in case it rains. The hor derves, bar & food was all great and all my guests complimented. I would recommend to make your own "ceremony" and "reception" signs so guests know where to go. My ceremony was outside in the back and people kept coming inside where I was waiting. Otherwise it was PERFECT!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Laura · Married on 10/05/2013

Amazing food and beautiful decor!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Jo and her people were nothing but helpful when planning my wedding. They were flexible and worked with my schedule which made the stressful wedding planning not so bad. Everyone said the food was great and the place was decorated exactly as I asked. I was very pleased with Glendoveers.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Mary · Married on 03/20/2011

I'm so thankful for everything Creative Caterers did to make our wedding a success. I just adore them! They made the start of our marriage wonderful. All of our guests raved about the food and the atmosphere! I can't say it enough! -Francine L

Sent on 05/06/2011
  • StefNY

Stefani · Married on 05/22/2010

Shannon was the name of the woman we worked with at Creative Caterers. She was an absolute STAR!!! She went above and beyond what anyone would expect from a caterer. She did a perfect job of setting the tables exactly as we had described. The food was to die for! We heard more compliments than we could count about the quality of food! It was because of Shannon that everything went so seamlessly that night. She is a master coordinator and caterer! She even carved the meat at our wedding! She has the most positive and wonderful personality too! She does phenomenal work! I would have an event at the Rochester Museum and Science Center again just to be able to work with Shannon again!

Sent on 05/25/2010

Deborah · Married on 09/15/2017

My daughter and son-in-law had their ceremony and reception at Glendoveer's/Creative Catering this past weekend. Honestly, I cannot say enough wonderful things about Shannon and the staff. They were very easy to work with and more than accommodating to all of our needs. We were able to go the day before, and set up a majority of the decorations, which took a lot of stress off the actual wedding day. The food was just amazing - the appetizers were delicious, as well as the wonderful buffet choices we selected. Everyone was extremely impressed with the entire venue. I would strongly recommend Glendoveer's/Creative Catering for any intimate event. It is definitely one of Rochester's hidden gems!

Sent on 09/19/2017

We had SUCH a great time at Glendoveers for our wedding. Our ceremony was held outside with the woods as a back drop. They gave us two rain options (under a nice white tent on the patio or they would move the table/chairs inside so we could stand in front of the fireplace). They let us decide at the the last minute where we wanted to hold the ceremony. We had a different wedding coordinator on the day of the wedding that we had never met, but everything turned out fine. We had MANY compliments on the food and the staff was very flexible when we wanted to extend the wedding by another hour. They also have a beautiful fire pit outside on the patio so we were able to make S'mores! Great wedding/event venue!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Gabrielle · Married on 08/08/2008

The food was great and the presentation was more then I expected them to do. They were so helpful in suggesting menus items. My family still talks about the food.

Sent on 10/11/2008

jeannie · Married on 08/23/2003

amazing service. went beyond what i expected. they did it all

Sent on 12/07/2008

Lindsey · Married on 09/02/2018

Overall Glendoveers is a great venue. It has everything you could need. Outdoor areas, A/C inside, rustic but still romantic vibes. They have amazing food and great staff too. All of our guests raved about the food and the ice cream bar which is a new thing this year! Shannon was so helpful along the way. You get a lot for your money here!
    I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Ann · Married on 10/02/2010

Glendoveers was very nice. The food is excellent!! The only problem we had there was with the serving of the cake, we came home with over half the cake left and some people at the reception didn't have any. Otherwise, the service was great.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2007

The food was fabulous. Have nothing but great things to say about this catering service. Very friendly wait staff, exceptional service, great food!

Sent on 10/23/2007

Kacie · Married on 12/21/2013

After a rocky start (my original contact at the company did not inform me she was going on a leave of absence) my experience with creative catering was wonderful. If possible work with Shannon!!! She was a great catering contact and so much more. She was basically a wedding planner, that helped me with my vision, decorating, and planning the ceremony along with planning the menu. She was wonderful! I was almost always able to get a hold of her and when I couldn't she would call me back in a timely manner. She was wonderful to work with. The food was delicious and our cocktail hour appetizers were fantastic! Our cocktail hour was so much more than we expected (in quality and quantity of food) and everything was amazing. They worked with us during slight changes in timing and re-opened the bar (so we would get our 4 hours we paid for) even when dinner ran a bit long (which was no fault to the hard working servers). Overall great experience!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/23/2009

Creative Caterers was an incredible place to hold our wedding, the site is beautiful and the location is gorgeous.

Sent on 07/21/2009

We have been working with Glendoveers for several months now. They are very responsive and attentive. They allow for "drop ins" so I can get more decoration and accent ideas, multiple food tastings, and the facility is a 10 out of 10. Updated, well maintained, and just overall a place anyone would be proud to hold their event at. I already have, and will continue to recommend Glendoveers.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/23/2015

So many renovations have been done to Glendoveers and it really makes it in to a nice venue. Not super flexible with decoration or the way that things are laird out but they will find a way to make you happy.

Sent on 07/15/2015

nataliya · Married on 06/28/2014

3.5

They did a great job overall.the food was great, price was fair. The people working their were polite and responded with kindness

Sent on 07/04/2014

4.2
      3.0

The venue is beautiful! The food was so delicious, and the price for everything we got was outstanding!! If you are looking for a beautiful venue with amazing food, and cost effective packages then this is the place for you. The only negative I have is the staff. The coordinator was moody most times we corresponded, and the staff on the day of the wedding was mostly teenagers. Besides some of the staff (not all of the staff was bad) I would have given closer to 5 stars on this venue.

Sent on 06/28/2016

3.0

The day of corridinator was different than the one we met with during the planning process. Cocktail hour was a little crowded. Not all items were returned/packed up at the end of the night.

Sent on 06/14/2015