89 Reviews for Crave Catering

Open Bar (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
82 Crave Catering Reviews

If you ever thought that "wedding food" can't ever be as good as fine restaurant cuisine --you haven't been to an event catered by Crave! Jill McCoy and her master team provided our daughter's wedding with the best of the best and from the cocktail hour to the reception dinner the food was superb. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food and that is what you want to hear when planning such an event. Even the pre-planning was a breeze --Jill was accessible and always answered any query promptly. Planning our 3/24/2018 event wasn't easy either since our Bride and Groom live in Austin and we live in Connecticut but with Jill there never was any issue including helping my husband who because of a health issue needed to have his food prepped separately --Jill went out of her way to make sure he was well taken care of the entire night! We can't say enough how hiring Crave was one of the best things we did for our Big Day!

Profile Picture Ellen , 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I am a wedding planner that recently worked with Crave. Everything from the tasting to the wedding day was fantastic. They really know how to make a client feel special with a high level of professionalism. The food was also amazing! Quality from the tasting was exactly what we got on the wedding day. Their team was quick to jump in and help set up the wedding, they served guests with a smile on their face and stepped up to help anywhere they could. Jill was our main POC and she was just great to work with. Very friendly and very professional. I highly recommend Jill and her staff.

Profile Picture Sara, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wife and I selected Crave after a few vendor tastings and couldn’t have been happier with our choice. We worked with Jill McCoy and she was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We had a phenomenal tasting experience and selected the osso bucco with polenta and carrots and the chicken piccata with mash potatoes and Brussels as our main dishes (insanely good and tender) as well as the chopped Italian salad to start. Passed apps were risotto cheese balls and tuna tartare which were both great.

Both the osso bucco and chicken piccata received rave reviews but since my wife and I both had the osso bucco I’ll focus on that. The serving sizes were large which was great as it was open bar and some people even managed to clean their entire plates (I would’ve but I had to still fit in my tux after :)). The osso bucco was the best I’ve had and I ate it in Italy. Anyway, the professionalism and timeliness of Jill and her crew was like clockwork. I was extremely impressed with their service and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for caterers and for any future events ourselves. Fantastic!

Profile Picture Blake, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We absolutely loved working with Crave and Sarah F at our wedding at Ma Maison! The food was amazing and my guests kept commenting about how great everything was! Sarah is so responsive and easy to work with and made sure our wedding went perfectly!

Profile Picture Caroline, 11/10/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Y'all. Our wedding was five months ago, and people are STILL raving about the food at our wedding. Sarah and Crave Catering were amazing to work with and took incredible care planning every detail - from "his and hers" passed appetizers, a delicious two course dinner, and a very romantic couple's dinner for my husband and I right after our ceremony. Even our tasting dinner was well thought out and extra special. Their staff, too, are true professionals and helped make the set up and tear down of our wedding so easy.

Since our wedding, I've also had the pleasure of working with Crave for two corporate events, and their attention to detail, gorgeous presentation and on-point staff was just as evident in those events. I would recommend Crave Catering to anyone!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/9/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Bartender(s), Open Bar

We had Crave Catering for the wedding of our daughter at the Laguna Gloria in Austin on July 23 and are very happy. It was easy to work with them, specifically with Jill McCoy, during the planning stages. The execution on the day of the wedding was smooth and efficient. The food was delicious - there were almost no leftovers – the service highly professional. We highly recommend Crave for your big events.

Profile Picture Julia, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Crave catering catered our wedding at Ma Maison on 2/25/17 and working with them was fantastic. We primarily worked with Sarah, she was easy to communicate with and took all our feedback into creating everything we wanted for the wedding. The appetizers were so tasty and we received so many compliments (we went with jalapeno mac and cheese bites, pork tacos serves in a cute lime wedge and the crowd favorite chicken and waffles with a pipette of syrup). Due to budget restrictions we needed to go with a buffet, and we were originally really bummed because who ever has delicious buffet meals? Even though we loved our tasting we were not planning on the food being a highlight after sitting out at the buffet. THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE! All the guests were talking about how great the food was. We had corn bread assortments, poblano mashed potatoes, roasted veggies, salsa verde chicken and beef tenderloin with chimichurri sauce. All highly recommended. To top it off Sarah and my planner surprised us with late night breakfast tacos that hit the spot. I was over the moon excited and cannot thank you enough. Your team of chefs, servers and bartenders were amazing. Thank you!

Profile Picture Megan, 2/25/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings

Crave was AMAZING! They catered my wedding for 130 people with 3 different food stations for people to choose food from. The food is absolutely amazing and the team is so professional and nice. Anytime I talked with them or went to the food tastings they had everything completely ready for me and made amazing suggestions. I highly suggest using them for any catered event!

Profile Picture User5398538, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Crave was wonderful to work with! From the beginning, with test-tasting, all the way through to the wedding day, I would not have changed a thing. Leslie was wonderful to work with, and had some great recommendations regarding the number of glasses needed, the amount of cake balls to have, the amount of liquor to purchase, etc. Everything was very professional, and the guests raved about the food--the day was a huge success!

Profile Picture User5449423, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Leslie made my job as Mother of the Groom so easy with regard to a seated rehearsal dinner for 42. She was great fun to work with and her creative suggestions made for an extremely well received menu. All our guests were very complimentary of the selection, quality, taste and amount of food provided. Their service staff were excellent while being inconspicuous and professional. They made the event go so smoothly and we were able to have a great time! If we ever have a need for a caterer in the Austin/Buda area again, my first phone call will be to Crave! Thanks for your help and support!

Profile Picture User5048785, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Crave was amazing! They gave me a customized delicious menu with professional and wonderful service. The quality of food was on par with a restaraunt and definitely above what people expect with food served at weddings. Planning my menu was so fun and crave worked hard to make sure my menu was perfect for me. They successfully pulled off a vegan menu that all my non vegan guests raved about, from the cocktails and appetizers to the meal. A special thanks to Leslie who was so wonderful and helpful with every aspect. My wedding was seamless and it was in a large part because of crave. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Sharon, 2/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired Crave to cater a family party of about 50 and were enormously pleased. We worked mostly with Leslie and Jordan. The food was excellent, and Leslie was very accommodating is making suggestions that would appeal to my dad's taste. There is always the fear that catered food will have a processed aftertaste and unappealing texture, and I am happy to say that this was not the case. Everything tasted wonderfully. The service was also dynamite. We were in a small reception space, and the staff did a great job of clearing the plates without causing a distraction. Overall I could not have asked for better. Thank you Crave!

Profile Picture User4725565, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband and I got married in Jan 2015 at Old Glory Ranch. We used Crave Catering for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony. We cannot say enough good things about their food and service. From the very beginning, when we met Leslie LaSorsa at our tasting, we were beyond impressed. Their food at the tasting alone rivaled some of our very favorite restaurants.
For our rehearsal dinner we chose a BBQ meal (brisket, sausage, chicken, green beans, tea corn pudding, etc), which was excellent. For our wedding we had a buffet and passed hors d'oeuvres. We loved the bacon wrapped quail bites and their spinach and artichoke dip was AMAZING. Our favorite item was the beef wellington. It melted in my mouth and was just so delicious.
Everyone at Crave was professional and a pleasure to work with.
I would recommend Crave to others without reservation!

Profile Picture emily, 1/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Crave Catering was the absolute best! The staff was very professional and their food was incredible -- all of our guests commented to us about the delicious blend of flavors. We attended a tasting prior to our event, and they presented us with so many fabulous ideas, were so flexible with the menu (not only with putting it together but also with some specific dietary restrictions), and stayed within our budget. We also arranged our wedding cake through Crave, and it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious! We knew there were going to be several children at our event, and Crave created a children's menu that so many parents thanked us for and that the kids loved! I cannot say enough good things about Crave. They exceeded all of our expectations.

Profile Picture Teresa, 12/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Meredith Pollard and Crave Catering was a wonderful experience. We planned our wedding from 2000 miles away and from our first phone consultation, Meredith was on point. She designed a menu that perfectly fit our tastes and venue as well as stayed within budget. The Crave team made the whole process smooth and were a pleasure to work with; they were helpful at every step, from choosing a menu to scheduling a tasting, guiding us in our drink selections, and ensuring our day went off without a hitch. The food was AMAZING (I still hear rave reviews from our guests) and the service throughout impeccable. I can't recommend Crave highly enough!

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I did one tasting for our wedding and right then we knew we wanted them to cater our special day. Crave did such an amazing job with all aspects of their service and the food was INCREDIBLE. Our guests complimented us all night long and many said "that was the best wedding food they'd ever had." We couldn't have been happier. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for great service and amazing food for their wedding!!

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/25/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

We contracted with Crave Catering for our daughter's April 13, 2014 wedding held at the Vista on Seward Hill. While the catering decisions made me the most nervous during the planning stages, thankfully the decision to go with Crave was one of the best we made. Aimee and Kacie were always available to answer our questions and when we met with Aimee for the walk through a month before the event, I knew we would be in good hands. The food was wonderful and we are still getting compliments. Kacie and her staff were so friendly and professional as they attended to every detail and every guest. We really had no worries and could just have fun. Thank you!

Profile Picture Nancy, 4/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were amazing! They handled everything for me! They were the first group we hired and Meredith was the one we worked with. She helped us find many other vendors who were great. She gave us suggestions for multiple things, not just food. The food was incredible, we got sooo many compliments and everyone ate almost all of it. I wanted stations with certain food, most that weren't on their menu and they did a great job customizing the food and making exactly what I wanted. Their service the day of was amazing. They had so many servers and they were all very nice and catered to our needs. I would use them to cook my food everyday if I could and will 100% use them for my next party :) I do think they are on the more expensive side in Austin, but it is totally worth it. You 100% get what you pay for and top notch service is worth it! They always made sure my husband and me had everything we needed and got us food and drinks whenever we wanted! Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Shannon, 3/1/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Meredith, Kacie, Chef Adam, and everyone at Crave was amazing! Top notch, for sure. I planned my Austin wedding from New Jersey, and I could not have asked for a better experience. My wife and I had an initial conference call with Meredith to discuss our likes and needs for our wedding. Then, she presented us with three sample menus and pricing. We tweaked the menu with a few phone calls and emails before finally settling on our menu. My menu was amazing. I even asked for an appetizer that was not on their menu, and there was never even an eye batted about the request. It was very seasonal and fresh. One of the best things about the food was that it was not heavily or overly sauced.

During the event, the staff was unbelievable. They were right where we needed them, right when we needed them. They were great to ensure our families got to go through the buffet first and invited people to the buffet by tables so that the buffet lines were not excessively long and the whole process was orderly. My guests appreciated that. The staff was so responsive to our guests - even going so far as to share their recipe for Mac-n-cheese fritters with my dad!

Overall, they far exceeded our expectations. I can't wait to get back to Austin and figure out the next event that we can hire them for!

Profile Picture Georgian, 1/18/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Crave for the second year running for our Formula 1 Event. They were incredibly professional and the food was delicious.

We look forward to working with Crave again next year!

Profile Picture Emma, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everything about Crave was amazing!!! The food was absolutely delicious, their professionalism was way beyond our expectations, the night flowed so smoothly that if there were any glitches, I never would've noticed because they ran the show!! They answered any questions I had (which was prob about 5x a day!) and they never seem bothered by it!!! Our wedding wouldn't have been the amazing, magical night without Meredith and Kacie. I really can't say enough good things. Worth. Every. Penny.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/5/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

We just used Crave for our daughter's wedding and could not be happier! We met with other catering companies but Crave had the most creative ideas and the very best food. Meredith and Kacie were excellent help to us during all the planning stages, inviting us to open houses to taste their food and get an idea of their service, and were very prompt in getting back to us always. At our private tasting, we loved everything and decided on the spot we had to go with Crave.

Our menu included four delicious passed appetizers, a scrumptious full buffet with two entrees (beef tenderloin and chicken diablo), two vegetables, a special salad and bread, as well as a signature cocktail that was provided throughout the evening. We have had NUMEROUS people tell us it was the BEST food they have ever had at a wedding. I agree 100%, and it was just so wonderful to know we were giving our guests such a GREAT experience! Crave was just truly awesome in every way.

That night, everyone with Crave was professional, friendly and courteous. The servers and bartenders were enthusiastic, as if they were really glad to be there. A special shout out to Kacie, our on-site event manager that evening. We had a crisis to deal with during the day of the wedding (weather related and nothing she had any part in causing), and Kacie went above and beyond to help us solve it. She kept a smile on her face, helped soothe our anxiety and assured us that it was going to be wonderful. And it WAS.

That evening Kacie was the sweetest, most helpful person in the world, keeping everything going smoothly, making sure the bride and groom had everything they needed, and doing the same for the bride's dad and me.
She was perfection in her professionalism and management of our event, and did it all with a wonderful smile.

I can't say enough about everyone at Crave, and I will highly recommend them to friends. Thanks again, Kacie and Meredith!

Profile Picture Holly, 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I just got married a week ago and we used crave for our catering but they were so much more then a caterer. Meredith was our point of contact and she was as helpful as an actual wedding planner. We live in dallas so it wasn't always convenient for us to go to Austin. They made everything so easy and flawless. The food was to die for and that was very important to us, we are big foodies and we definitely wanted people to leave talking about the food. They can basically do anything you ask for. I would recommend them to anyone for any type of event. They are 100% professional, kind, accommodating and overall EXCELLENT! I wish I could go back and do it all again because they made our day absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Colleen , 9/28/13, 1 Review