Crabtree's Kittle House Restaurant and Inn Reviews

Crabtree's Kittle House Restaurant and Inn 6
Crabtree's Kittle House Restaurant and Inn 7

Edward Bauman · Married on 08/31/2019

Fabulous wedding

Our son got married at the fabulous Crabtree’s Kittle House in Chappaqua, NY, on Labor Day weekend. It could not
    have gone better.
    From their first introduction to the Inn, our son and future daughter in law knew this was where they had to have their wedding. The gorgeous grounds, the set up for a wedding, and their meeting with Kimberly all sold the Kittle House equally.
    They never once regretted this decision!
    Kimberly helped them each step of the way, was always responsive, took care of all details before, and during, and after the event, and handled problems creatively and cheerfully, so that the entire event went seamlessly.

We stayed at the Inn, with its lovely, spacious and comfortable rooms.
    The couple was given 2 rooms to get ready, with the bridesmaids getting ready in the bridal suite, while the groomsmen and women hung out in the wine cellar.
    Lunch was delivered to both rooms and staff was on hand to attend to any of our needs.

Innkeeper Barbara was especially helpful, aiding with every aspect of our stay, answering our innumerable questions and solving problems immediately (including dealing with blown fuses during hair styling).

Maitre D’ Leo, who wore many hats, was equally wonderful, keeping all the events going smoothly and making sure everything and everyone was taken care, even helping to move a TV to plug in a cable for a slideshow.

The Inn staff, catering, and bartending staff were conscientious, available, professional, and friendly.

The wedding ceremony and cocktail hour were outside on the beautiful lawn in front of a stunning view. The ceremony by Rabbi Linda Goldberg was perfect.
    Reception was indoors in an equally beautiful room with all glass walls to the outside, so affording that same lush view.

And the food! No one could stop talking about how delicious the food all was! And the sundae bar out by the fire pit outside was the perfect dessert ending to the meal!

“Around Town” provided amazing music and Ziara(contact person for the band
    that night and lead singer) was fantastic, as was Bill, who, on crutches, helped make sure my wedding
    march could be heard and was wonderful about making sure a songs performed by myself and my
    daughter could be heard well. Adam was very responsive in the days leading up to the event.

We also had a "newlywed" breakfast the following morning in another sun filled beautiful room at Crabtree’s Kittle House, with the same exemplary service and yummy food.

We could not have been happier with our experience at Crabtree's Kittle House.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Lotte

Lotte · Married on 07/05/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Got married here on July 5, 2019. What an amazing experience!! Location, Food, Staff - everything. Our guests were raving about how amazing everything was. Kimberly, the event planner, was awesome - open to everything we wanted and had great suggestions too. Leo, our Maitre D was so attentive. Our Best Man mentioned fried chicken in his toast and not 10 minutes later, they brought fried chicken to his table (it was not on our menu!!) - now, that's thoughtful!! Can't say enough good stuff about the Kittle House - just phenomenal!!!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Sam

Sam Schindelheim · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing place for a wedding!

The wedding planning team at the Kittle House (Kimberly Ann, Kelly, Leo, Mario, Michael, Barbara and the rest of the staff) are an absolute dream to work with! Kimberly Ann was a breeze to work with- responded to every email super fast, thought of things I never could have thought of that made the day extra special, and offered amazing suggestions. I love that their team is thoughtful and unpretentious, a true delight to work with throughout! They really had our best interests in their minds every step of the way.

I got married Memorial Day weekend of this year in the downstairs atrium with around 150 guests and the Kittle House could not have done a better job. We loved every moment of the entire day. They had incredible attention to every detail that went into it, the service was impeccable throughout the process and the entire staff's true generosity to making this day so special for us were just some of the reasons we had such a wonderful experience planning our wedding here! They were even flexible when making last minute changes due to the weather literally 20 minutes before the ceremony. To top it all off- the food and wine were remarkable and Kimberly Ann, Leo, and Michael made sure my husband and I had some!!!

We cannot say enough thank yous!!!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/28/2019

The perfect venue!

Having my wedding at Crabtree’s Kittlehouse was like a fairytale. The venue is stunning, the grounds are breathtaking, the accommodations are beautiful, spacious, and comfortable, the food is UNBELIEVABLE, and the entire staff is phenomenal. The entire wedding planning process was seriously a dream. From our initial inquiry up to the day of our wedding, every wish, want, and need was catered to. Kimberly Ann was an exceptional wedding coordinator. Any inquiry sent, got an immediate response, any requests for changes to the menu, order of events, decor, etc, were immediately addressed and altered, and any worries or stresses we expressed were immediately relinquished. I planned my wedding myself and I do not know if I could have done it without Kimberly’s guidance, knowledge, and assistance. We were initially planning on having our ceremony outside in the garden, unfortunately, due to weather complications, we had to move our wedding ceremony from outdoors to indoors. Kimberly already had a plan B prepared when we booked the venue a little less than a year before our wedding date. The transition was seamless and the indoor the ceremony was perfect. The packages are flexible with unbeatable prices! The staff is friendly, warm, knowledgeable, and professional. They truly feel like family! If you chose to have your wedding at Crabtree’s Kittle house, you will NOT regret it. We plan on going back every year for our anniversary! I seriously can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Jackie · Married on 06/16/2018

My daughter was just married this past weekend and I truly wish there were more than 5 stars. The entire staff was beyond great. Kimberly made the entire process painless. She responded so quickly on any question I had and was always positive and calming. Leo was equally as positive and helpful. Everyone I delt with always had a smile, was pleasant and helpful. I have received such positive, beautiful comments from my guests on how fabulous the wedding was. My daughter and her husband were so very, very happy they chose The Crabtree Kittle House for their venue.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2018

I can't express how grateful I am to the Kittle House team for making our wedding day as close to perfect as possible! Kimberly, Leo, Joe, and Jessica were extremely kind, responsive, and were all about making the day what we envisioned. From food tastings to setting up photo tables to taking care of the favors, the Kittle House handled everything with ease. We stayed there the night prior and night of the wedding (as did some of the bridal party) and we were treated like royalty. This was the perfect venue for the wedding we wanted .. the building itself is beautiful, the gardens and outside seating are perfect for guests to enjoy cocktail hour in a picturesque setting, and the reception room was large enough to fit our guests but maintained an intimate and romantic setting. And I can't say enough wonderful things about the food.. everyone was raving about it. We were extremely pleased with our experience at the Kittle House, and plan on returning for anniversary trips in the future!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Katy · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I just got married at the Kittle House last weekend, and I don't even know where to begin to describe how wonderful and special everything was. Its been well over a year since we began the whole wedding planning process and Kimberly and the Kittle House team were exceptional every step of the way. They were responsive and thoughtful, offering suggestions, while also being open to our own ideas.

On the actual wedding day, Kimberly, Jessica, and the whole team worked seamlessly to make sure everything ran smoothly. Their attention to detail, and care for me, my husband, and entire wedding party is so appreciated. From making sure we had enough to eat and drink to coordinating the flow of the ceremony, they went above and beyond to make sure the day was everything we imagined, and more.

And of course, I can't forget the food. The food was one of the main reasons why we chose the Kittle House, and numerous guests came up to us throughout the night saying how delicious everything was from the cocktail hour to the s'mores at the end of the night. I will forever be grateful to the Kittle House for making my wedding day more than I could have imagined, and the people and place will always hold a special place in our hearts. If you choose to get married at the Kittle House you will get a truly unique and personalized experience every step of the way.

Sent on 03/31/2018

lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

We got married at Crabtree's Kittle House on 10/7/17, and working with them was such a wonderful and positive experience. They were so helpful and kind throughout the planning process, and went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful day. In particular, our wedding coordinator, Kimberly Ann, was absolutely amazing. She was constantly thinking of ideas, keeping us informed and making helpful suggestions (as well as dealing with my barrage of crazy stressed out emails).

They also made us feel like our wedding was important and special-- when I tell other people who were married at catering halls and other venues about our experience, they are shocked at the personalized attention and extraordinary treatment we received.

The location is beautiful, the food is delicious and they are a dream to work with. You absolutely want to book this venue!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Meghan · Married on 08/26/2017

Crabtree's Kittle House is the perfect wedding venue that goes the extra mile and treats you like family. The Kittle House is a unique venue that allows couples to create exactly the type of wedding they want. Beautiful grounds, the most incredible food and absolutely the best staff/service. They work with you to make sure everything is exactly as you want it for your big day. The Kittle House also has an inn upstairs which has amazing rooms for you and your guests. We loved our wedding at The Kittle House and will definitely be going back to celebrate our anniversaries!

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • W

W · Married on 07/08/2017

The Kittle house was absolutely incredible. I don't even know where to start.

The staff: Kimberly (who ran the whole show for us) was incredible. Organized, professional, flexible and a pleasure to be around, Kimberly worked out all the details for us and made sure our wedding ran perfectly smoothly. When the heavens opened and it began downpouring as our processional began, she and her staff immediately ushered our entire wedding into the Kittle House, set up space for us to continue the ceremony in 30 seconds flat and allowed us to continue our wedding with literally no interruption. It was the smoothest handling of what could have been a disaster I've ever seen. Leo, the maitre d, was similarly incredible. He was constantly ensuring that my bride and I (...not to mention my guests) had all our needs satisfied at all times and were stress-free and comfortable. His waitstaff was also flawless! I literally can't think of a single thing to complain about, everyone working there was absolutely incredible.

The space: the space was perfect. There was plenty of room to accommodate our 140 guests and everything was clean, elegantly decorated and more than ready to handle our weather woes. The rooms that the wedding party stayed in were lovely and extremely convenient.

The food: our guests have been constantly raving to us about the food. From the hors-d'oeuvres to the meals to the drinks (to the food that the staff snuck into our room to make sure we got a meal in after everything was done!)...the kitchen staff did an incredible job.

At no point during planning, the wedding itself, or after the wedding did I regret using the Kittle House as our venue. This place is an absolute gem and I will forever be thrilled with our decision to use it as our wedding venue.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2017

When we first visited the Kittle House we knew that this was the place to have our wedding. We didn't want your typical ballroom wedding. Our cocktail hour was held outside and we had our reception inside. The grounds of the Kittle House are beautiful and make for some great photos. All of our guests were super impressed. The service from everyone at the Kittle House was amazing. Tiffany was our wedding coordinator and she was always super responsive to my emails and when I stopped in to meet with her she was always super helpful and took the time to go over all the wedding details. Any ideas we had, Tiffany found a way to help us achieve it. She was wonderful and made the planning process easy. Leo was our maitre d and and he was wonderful during our wedding. Leo is also a sommelier and gave us great advice on picking our wines, craft beers and speciality cocktails. On the wedding day, Tiffany and Leo always checked in on us to make sure we ate and to check in on how everything was going. Barbara helped us and our guests with accommodations at the Kittle House Inn which was wonderful that our guests could stay overnight right where the wedding was held. Chef Jay and his team were amazing and our guests kept commenting on how great the food was, which is all sourced from local farms. The customer service was top notch from our initial meeting to the planning process to the wedding day. Everything about our wedding was perfect thanks to everyone at the Kittle House! We also love the fact that the Kittle House is a restaurant year round and we look forward to coming back soon!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Vivien · Married on 06/24/2017

My son and daughter-in-law started planning their wedding to be held in a park on top of a windy hill in Brewster, NY, to save money. The rental of absolutely everything and the stress became too much and when we called Crabtree's Kittle House and they had the date available we were rejoicing. Turns out that the park plan would have cost twice what we ended up paying Kittle House for twice the value. Kimberly took over and orchestrated a magical event accomplishing every vision my new daughter-in-law had in her creative mind. John Crabtree and manager, Joe, were on top of everything even orchestrating Chris's entrance down the curving stairway to the beautiful setting on the lawn. The food was remarkable, the service was done to perfection and the setting in this historical 1700's home is incredible. The indoor/outdoor option removed the stress of weather and the ballroom, with it's wall of windows, brought the outside in. The feeling of being so warmly welcomed into the special family at Kittle House makes us want to return for lunch or dinner as often as we can get there. We all felt so lucky.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Christine · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband and I couldn't have had a more perfect wedding. We thought Crabtree's Kittle House would be out of our budget and unavailable but we were happily wrong. From the moment I met Kimberly Ann, all my worries disappeared. She took my vision and make it a reality. I truly got to enjoy every moment of the wedding. I didn't think about a thing except my vows and guests. The staff was amazing. They paid attention to every detail. We had perfect weather and enjoyed outside activities and indoor fun.

Our guest raved about the food and service. We danced the night away as carefree as possible.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Crabtree's Kittle House to every bride. YOU WILL FEEL LINE A PRINCESS- I certainly did.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/17/2017

I cannot say enough about Crabtree's Kittle House! This venue was 5 stars and beyond and the absolute perfect place for my wedding!!! Kimberly Ann, Jessica and Joe were AMAZING and the entire staff exceeded my expectations. Not only did our guests compliment the delicious food and beautiful atmosphere, they also raved about how friendly, attentive and helpful every member of the staff was. The venue is gorgeous and the members of the staff go above and beyond to make your dreams come true-- for me this meant walking around while taking photos with extra tablecloths so that I could avoid getting my dress dirty while we captured the moments. From the moment we arrived until the last guests cleared out, the experience was PERFECT. Kimberly is amazing at what she does and ensures that every last detail is exactly what you envisioned. The food was delicious and the attention to detail is unlike any I have seen before. If you are looking for a venue that is perfect in every way, look no more!!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Carole · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I were married at Crabtree's Kittle House June 10, 2017. This was not a first marriage for either of us so we did not want a typical wedding venue. I have known of the Kittle House for years, some time ago being a server there! I knew it was rustic, quaint and exactly what I pictured for "The Day." We made plans to meet with Tiffany to go over our ideas of what we wanted our special day to be like. She was wonderful! She gave us a list of vendors to choose from which was a big help. We chose our DJ from the list and were very happy with his music. Tiffany listened, shared ideas, made suggestions, all of which were put into place on our big day. Leo was amazing, making sure the ceremony went as planned, overlooking the wait staff, who, by the way, was amazing, especially our server Michael. Along with having a beautiful ceremony on the lawn, we feasted on delicious appetizers, were offered tasty wines and top shelf liquor, then dined on fantastic entrees. We felt pampered and not rushed. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, which was what we wanted. Our guests made it known that they truly enjoyed their afternoon which is also what we wanted!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Margot · Married on 05/06/2017

Crabtree's Kittle House did an absolutely superb job, making our daughter's wedding day sheer magic.
    Planning with Kimberly Ann was a pleasure. On the big day Joe, Leo, and the entire Kittle House staff really went out of their way to turn our dreams into reality.
    Chef Jay Lippin worked with us to create a special menu. The food was truly extraordinary. All of our guests are still raving about it.
    Owner John Crabtree has brought together a team of talented and dedicated professionals who delight us every time we visit.
    I can't imagine a better place to have a wedding celebration.

Sent on 05/10/2017
  • Pat & Kristen

Patrick · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I got married on March 25th and had our reception at the Crabtree's Kittle House. Throughout the process of trying to decide on the reception venue for us, we visited a bunch of places. And initially, we were down to 2 finalists. But it felt like even our two initial finalists were just not quite "us." So, we decided to keep looking. The first place we visited on this second round of venue tours was Crabtree. We both knew almost immediately that this was the one for us. It has a simplicity and a beautiful combination of rustic elegance that we loved. And the food, oh boy, the food!

There was no time during our wedding planning process that we regretted choosing Crabtree. We worked with Tiffany, their Wedding Coordinator along the way and she was able to accommodate every detail we requested, from providing space for small board games at the cocktail hour to providing my husband's favorite beer from Virginia to serving dinner family style!

On the day of, our maitre'd, Leo, was the biggest help you could ask for! He kept us on schedule during the reception, continuously took care of my husband and I with drinks and food, and even accommodated us and a few friends for brunch the following day.

You will have the happiest of wedding days if you choose Crabtree's Kittle House. We certainly did!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Ryan · Married on 11/26/2016

I do not even know where to begin when it comes to reviewing Crabtree's Kittle House for my November wedding. Their are too many goods things to say about our experience, and a short blurb could not possibly do it justice but I'll try... CKH was superb from start to finish, and that does not only include the wedding day. Literally, from the moment we contacted them about possibly touring the venue to the morning after our wedding, CKH was professional, caring and genuinely interested in making our wedding perfect. Tiffany was our venue coordinator and she was phenomenal to work with throughout the wedding planning process. Leo was also amazing and personally saw to it that all of our needs were met (even when we didn't realize we needed something!). They were organized and always stayed on top of the little details, which isn't easy when working with brides that are constantly changing their minds and adding this, that and the other thing. My husband and I never felt like a bother. Rather, we felt like family every time that we stopped by the venue. Our guests still rave about how beautiful everything looked and the FOOD. Some guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had! Thank you to everyone at CKH for giving my husband and I the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Kristen · Married on 11/19/2016

We were just recently married at the Crabtree's Kittle House and already cannot wait to return for our 1 year anniversary. There is no way we could have had the wedding of our dreams if it weren’t for Tiffany and Leo. Tiffany is a true professional and her guidance and patience was priceless. Any question, any request, was answered in record time and accommodated. I knew I could trust in Tiffany and Leo to take care of the arrangements the day of the wedding, and that trust alone is enough to make the day one in which you can enjoy and remember forever. I cannot count the amount of times our guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended, and I cannot thank Tiffany, Leo, and their entire service staff enough for the incredible job they did on our wedding day, and the incredible job I know they do for every couple that chooses the Crabtree’s Kittle House to be the place where they celebrate their first day together as one. Leo not only catered to us and our family the day of our wedding, but he greeted us the morning after at breakfast, and you can see he genuinely loves what he does.
    We had a brunch buffet for our wedding, and I can tell you the food is high quality, locally sourced, and will satisfy even the pickiest of your guests. There is an abundance of fresh food and amazing wine, and with the buffet option, your guests can pick and choose whatever and however much they would like.
    I will always remember our perfect day at the Crabtree’s Kittle House as one made perfect by each person who had a hand in everything from the décor to the service, and will forever thank them for making the day our wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Denise · Married on 11/04/2016

Our church has held our annual outreach fundraiser at Crabtree's Kittle House for 13 years. John Crabtree is one of the most generous people in our community. Kimberly Ann has been extraordinary in making the planning and execution seemingly effortless due to her extensive experience and amazing personal care. The food is always delicious. The staff is attentive. The guests always have such a wonderful time that they look forward to coming back again and again. On a personal note, we celebrate all of our special family occasions at the Kittle House. It is a true favorite!!! Don't hesitate to book here: we make our reservations a year in advance.

Sent on 04/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

Crabtree's Kittle House was the only venue we went to visit before booking our wedding date. We knew instantly that it would be the perfect place for our wedding for a number of reasons. From the very beginning, I worked with the event coordinator, Kimberly, to learn more about the venue and eventually finalize all the little details for the big day. Kimberly is not only incredibly professional and knowledgable, she is also kind, helpful, and easy to work with. Kimberly wanted to make our day perfect while also ensuring we were relaxed and ready to have a great time. We also loved the food at the Kittle House; we had a brunch wedding on the main floor, which was absolutely perfect! The food was delicious and plentiful, which was our number one priority when selecting a venue. We also loved the decor on the main floor, which is cozy and intimate. Overall our guests complimented us on the service, food, and ambiance of the Kittle House. We could not have been happier with the entire wedding planning process and we have Kimberly and the rest of the Kittle House staff to thank. If you want a beautiful wedding in a unique setting, the Kittle House is the place for you!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Shawn · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I just recently had our wedding at Crabtree's Kittle House Inn on October 8, 2016 and it was amazing. Not only is the inn visually spectacular, but the staff are incredibly helpful and personal throughout the entire process. Our onsite event coordinator, Tiffany, did an amazing job throughout our year of planning, answering questions and providing some truly wonderful suggestions along the way. We cannot thank her enough. Additionally, our maitre 'd Leo was incredibly helpful throughout the night, from guiding us through the wine cellular during photos to making sure our glasses were never empty.
    Similar to the service, the farm to table menu was absolutely wonderful. Many of our guests delighted in telling us that they were amazed by the food served (the roasted chicken, sirloin of beef, and Farro Pilaf) and wanted to come back for either the brunch or dinner. Lastly, the late night S’mores option was a hit with the guests and helped to close the night out on the patio underneath the stars while other were still dancing.
    This little gem in Chappaqua, NY is worth a look at for the food alone, but also has incredible service with some of the nicest staff I have ever meet, and a wonderfully historic home located in an easy to get to location.

Sent on 10/13/2016

To say this was the best day of my life is an understatement! Kimberly walked us threw step by step! Offering solutions to our problems and improvements to our ideas without ever making us feel like we were being pushed into them! I really do not know how someone can have so much patients with people and still keep that smile on her face! Professional is an understatement with her!
    We were also lucky enough to have Leo as our... I don't even know what to call it? Magic man!? Lol the way he kept the service flowing at a steady pace with out it looking like people were rushing around was amazing! Every time I turned to look for something there he was, way ahead of me!
    We were married back in October and every day since I still have that feeling of "I can't believe it was that perfect...!"

A million and one thank you's to the Kittle house Family and staff!

P.s. if you get the chance to speak to John Crabtree you will understand why this place has such an air of sophistication and class, while still some how being able to say it's laid back! He's an amazing man!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Joanna · Married on 10/01/2016

I couldn't have been happier with my wedding night thanks to Kimberly, Leo, and the entire Kittle House staff. Throughout the planning process, Kimberly was attentive and really easy to communicate with. She humored both myself and my mom with any small question we had and was incredibly organized - they really are experts at putting together a seamless event! We were given lots of options throughout the process and suggestions given our general theme too. I didn't have to worry about coordinating a single thing on my wedding night or assigning jobs to my wedding party because I knew it would be taken care of. The weather on our wedding day was unpredictable and I felt like every effort was made to pull off plan A!

Sent on 08/07/2018