Cowboy BBQ Reviews

39 | Madison, NY

39 Reviews for Cowboy BBQ

Lisa · Married on 09/24/2016

Fantastic food! We chose to go with Cowboy BBQ after about one bite of brisket. It smelled good, it tasted good, and it went well. 100% recommended to anyone. You don't need a country style wedding to have great food and service!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/27/2016

This is the best option !!!! Cowboys barbecue did an amazing job with the food at my wedding .. The service they provide was great. I am so thankful to you guys , all my guests were saying how delicious the food was :) thank you guys !!!! You guys rock !

Sent on 09/02/2016
  • Marlyne

Marlyne · Married on 07/24/2016

Jason Smith and Cowboy BBQ provided the catering for my wedding at MKJ Farms on July 24th, 2016, and it was the best BBQ!
    Jason was very quick at responding to us when we first started to look for caterers for our wedding. He arranged for me and my fiance to come taste his food a party he was catering. We got to taste the beef brisket, ribs, potatoes, coleslaw bake beans. When it came time to select a menu, it was very hard, but Jason was instrumental in helping us select what would work for all of our guests (meat eaters and vegetarians) His price was extremely fair for the large amount of food.
    I remember calling Jason a week before the wedding complaining about how many guests dropped off and he calmed all my frustrations. We got so many compliments throughout the night of how wonderful the food was and even had leftovers! Which most of our guests took home.
    For our appetizer we chose the smoked wings, meatballs and pasta salad. For dinner, we had beef brisket, ribs and chicken for the meat then for sides, garlic potatoes, coleslaw. He is friendly had more than willing to work with you to get the timing right and make the day work.
    Could have not asked for a better caterer. I hope to taste his food soon again.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Jason was great to work with for my wedding over the past weekend! We did the Brisket, Pulled Pork and BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and Salt Potatoes! We had a family member do the other sides, but I had several compliments from guests and family members! It was the best BBQ I have ever had! Jason was very quick at responding to emails and texts! Brought his own tables and supplies! Cleaned up after and bagged up the left overs for me! I would highly recommend Jason and his crew to any event! I know I will use him again! Thanks again Jason!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kim · Married on 05/09/2015

Jason has catered a few events for me. The food is fantastic, he's always on time, he listens to what you want and does a fantastic job. His BBQ is the best in the area by far and I've had everything from Syracuse to Utica and in between. I highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Jason Smith and Cowboy BBQ provided the catering for my wedding and it was the best BBQ I have had. His price was extremely fair for the large amount of food. We had brisket and chicken for the meat then four sides. He is friendly had more than willing to work with you to get the timing right and make the day work. We had some of his smoked chicken wings for appetizers and I asked him if he would save some for the wedding party. When I sat down after introductions he brought over a little over a dozen wings for us. They were the best wings ever.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Tom · Married on 10/11/2014

Jason was very easy to work with regarding a menu and guest count. He was there through the whole event even taking the time to talk with my guests. As for the food, best BBQ I have had and his wings are right up with with any wing joint around.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Jason Smith did a wonderful job with the catering for my wedding reception. The food was wonderfully prepared and delicious. All of my guests raved about the food! The prices were competitive and the professionalism was perfect.

I had asked for chicken, pulled pork, and sides. The food was better than I expected and I would definitely recommend Cowboy BBQ to any of my friends for their major events.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Teri · Married on 08/09/2014

I had called approximately 7 other catering services with not one response, then I happened by chance to see an web page for Cowboy BBQ. I called, and got an immediate response from Jason. He was very courteous, flexible, and so amazingly helpful planning every detail for our day.

We had about 7 months or so before our wedding, and he kept contact with me through-out the entire time. Making sure I was happy with my menu choices and if I needed anything special or anything out of the ordinary, right up to the day of our event.

The day of the Wedding, pictures ran longer than expected and we ended up eating an hour after it was scheduled. Jason and his crew never batted and eye, they were on top of their game and when the food was served for our guest it was not only delicious it was HOT. They really had their work cut out for them, ensuring the food was done to perfection even though my scheduling was way off.

We chose beef brisket, pulled pork, fruit salads, salt potatoes, corn on the cob. all cooked on site. Let me just say the food was Incredible !! All of our 100 or so guests raved about the food, and everyone wanted a plate to take home.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone, and will be calling them again for any other event I will be having in the future.
    Thank you, Jason and Cowboy BBQ for the Great service and AWESOME Food !!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Cowboy BBQ catered my wedding earlier this year. Staff was very professional and helpful. Great pricing, and outstanding food!! Will definitely recommend to anyone looking for catering!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Jon · Married on 10/07/2017

Jason went above and beyond for our day! He was accommodating when I changed the menu a few times and made extras for the wedding party to taste test. Everyone raved about the food and were fighting over the leftovers as the night ended! He was definitely worth every penny and even helped the bride with her plate so she didn't get any food on her while traveling to her table. His presentation was excellent, his food was hot, even though dinner was later then planned, and put out an array of appetizers that our guests went on and on about the quality of and said they were almost too full to eat dinner! I would absolutely have him again for any big party I plan!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Jason Smith of Cowboy BBQ was extremely helpful in making our special day a complete success .. he worked with.my.wife ( who is perticuliar about.everything).... we had chicken brisket pulled.pork and lots.of sides and all the guests raved about the food ...... I would highly recommend them over any of.the other BBQ caterers in the central NY area ........I called.and.got pricing and the prices were very competitive for an all inclusive.caterer ........

Sent on 11/23/2014

Patricia · Married on 10/22/2016

Our daughter's wedding was on October 22, 2016, it wasn't the best day, as it rained for 3 straight days, but having said that, the FOOD was awesome!!!! From the very beginning of the planning stages we always had immediate response from Jason, Cowboy BBQ owner, and that was very important!! The variety of choices is outstanding!! Our appetizers were awesome, for an example, I had a lot of people telling me the mushrooms and chicken wings were amazing!! We were very satisfied with the food and would use Cowboy BBQ again!! So it rained and rained, we had a WEDDING, ate great food and partied like it was the only thing going on in the world!!!! Thank You, Cowboy BBQ, the bride and groom couldn't have been happier!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Emily · Married on 06/09/2017

Loved the food. Did an amazing job at my wedding. Able to do what I asked for even if it wasn't on his menu. Even cut the cake.

Sent on 06/23/2017