Cowboy BBQ Reviews

1 User photo

• Barbie
    Barbie Married on 10/01/2022

Barbie Broedel

Everyone raved about how delicious the food was. They made the process very seamless. Food was ready on time and the service was impeccable. His staff is friendly and professional.
    Jason and Kim were amazing to work with and made our day great!! Thank you to them and their incredible staff. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to providing a quality product.
    We would highly recommend Cowboy BBQ as a caterer!!
  • Dena
    Dena Y. Married on 06/25/2022

A+ All Around

Jason and Kim catered our wedding last weekend and I cannot recommend them enough. Everything was absolutely delicious, our guests were raving about It and wanted to bring home leftovers, and they also helped us figure out options for veggie and vegan guests. We had the grilled chicken and pulled pork, everything, the sides, the service, the communication, was just A+. They made one of the most important choices for our wedding a very smooth and easy experience. Would absolutely work with them again.
    Tj Valis Married on 05/08/2022

despite a monsoon......

Cowboy BBQ catered our wedding this past weekend. Despite the monsoon's we were hit with throughout the day, the food was on time and amazing!! These guys do a great job!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Em Gillett Married on 10/15/2021

Must Hire!

If you don't choose Cowboy BBQ it's your loss! Jason, Kim and their entire staff were just awesome from the beginning. We went to do a tasting and they gave us extras and were just trying new jalapeno poppers and let us take some home. They are so responsive, answered all my questions and went above and beyond. The food is of course beyond amazing! Jason wasn't kidding when he said we would have leftovers... We got to enjoy the food the next and freeze extras! They put much so much time into prepping the food. Jason is down to earth and honest, we loved that. Our ceremony was at a different location and they brought our appetizers to that location for us no problem. He served me my plate and then carried it to the table for me so I wouldn't get anything on my dress. He checked in throughout the night and then touched base with us before they left. We highly, highly recommend them!
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy S. Married on 09/04/2021

Best food, better vibes.

Jason from Cowboy BBQ was the star of the show at our wedding. He drove over 2 hours to set up an open fire pit and cook us some incredible food. Our guests raved about it, and still are! The quality is not suffered for the quantity - we were able to send EVERYONE home with leftovers, and took home two trays ourselves. The food was absolutely incredible -- I highly recommend the salmon, salt potatoes, and mac n cheese. Holy smokes, I'm drooling just thinking about it again. Worth noting that this is an incredibly affordable option and Jason is willing to work within your budget to design the right menu for your needs. Thank you so much Jason + team, for making our day delicious!!
    Alyssa R. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing efforts! SO happy with our choice

Wedding food is so important. It's something your guests will talk about in years to come. Move forward with Jason and his team, and your guests will only have GREAT things to say! Jason and his crew were so great to have at our backyard wedding. They were very accommodating and checked in with me before leaving the site, which I really appreciated. The food was out of this world, and really won the crowd over!
    Kerri C. Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing food!

We had a small backyard wedding and we’re so thankful Jason was available. Communication was great and he was very accommodating. The food was AMAZING!!! Everyone that attended raved about the food!!! I think my nephew had 3 plates of food.
    Heather D. Married on 12/09/2020

life saver

We attended a wedding in August 2020 and they had Cowboy BBQ. We were astonished at how good it was. Fast forward a month and our wedding venue cancelled. Jason was my first call! He was so easy to work with and so accommodating!! Our guests called and messaged us to tell us how good the food was and to ask about our caterer. The food is absolutely amazing and he's affordable too! you can't go wrong with a cowboy BBQ!!
    Ashlee W. Married on 10/10/2020

You HAVE to try it

Cowboy BBQ catered our wedding yesterday and it was not only phenomenal food, but phenomenal ownership. You HAVE to try it
    Ashley S. Married on 08/08/2020

A Must try!!!!!

Jason and his team catered our wedding 8/8/2020 and we got so many compliments about the food! From the first interaction the responses were quick and thorough. We added the french fry bar which was one of the best decisions ever! Even though the french fries were served during cocktail hour and we were off taking pictures, there was a huge pile of fries and all the toppings hidden for us to enjoy before being introduced - we actually pushed off the introductions to be able to eat because they were so good! The BBQ dinner was fantastic with the favorite being the mac & cheese - Jason even made my plate for me (does it actually get any better than that!?!?) ❤ Thank you so much to Cowboy BBQ, Jason Smith, and his team for the amazing experience for our backyard wedding!
    Cigi C. Married on 06/13/2020

Best bbq ever

My wife and I decided to go through with a wedding through the pandemic and finding a caterer was difficult with what we wanted. Luckily, she found Jason’s cowboy BBQ pop up several times, so she reached out to him. He was more than willing to provide services in an only 3 week preparedness (pandemic forced us into last minute decisions).
    He drove over an hour to cater our wedding, set up shop at 10am to smoke food and prepare it so it was super fresh by the time we ate at 4pm. He was professional beyond measure. The food was literally so amazing that all of our guests keep commenting on it and asking how we found them. My parents, whom are chefs and a great cook can not stop raving about Cowboy BBQ food and how they did amazing.
    The pandemic forced us to cancel our original plans, and thank goodness it did because we would have never had the opportunity to have found the most wonderful bbq you could ever ask for.
    I highly suggest going through him- he will work with you, keep in contact appropriately, and is so nice and genuinely excited to do weddings, and I’m sure any event.
    Bobby W. Married on 01/08/2020

Top Notch Operation

Cowboy BBQ was a top notch operation up and down! From the planning to the execution, they were everything we were hoping for and more! We would recommend them for anyone looking for a great caterer for any function, especially one that can work within the restrictions because of Covid-19 and NYS!
    Clara R. Married on 09/21/2019

Best BBQ Ever!

If I could give Jason and his crew 10 stars, I would! From the beginning of booking, Jason was helpful, professional and above all truly cared about making our special day nothing but perfect! Before booking Jason, we were worried about providing quality food for our large wedding. Jason and his crew knocked it out of the park and we received nothing but positive feedback and raves from our guests about the food! When the wedding party arrived to the reception, Jason came right over to offer appetizers and didn't hesitate to set-up a table and make sure the wedding party was fed while we were waiting to be announced. He was accommodating to our guests with certain diet restrictions and had both the appetizers and dinner ready on time, as scheduled! Even better than the food on the wedding day was the fact that Jason and his crew packed up and put away the leftovers so we could enjoy the food for the next few days! You are making a mistake if you think you will find anyone better than Jason and his team to make food on your wedding day! We are so thankful we chose Cowboy BBQ for our special day!

Breckenridge Wedding - September 21, 2019
    Ryan V. Married on 09/14/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't have been happier!

The crew at Cowboy BBQ led by Jason are the real deal! We had the best experience working with them last month. They catered our 75 guest outdoor wedding and it couldn't have ran smoother. The crew was there early in the morning and cooked all day and were ready ahead of schedule with appetizers for cocktail hour and dinner service. Everyone raved about the food and we had multiple people say it was the best BBQ they've ever had. The staff were super professional the whole way through. Jason the owner/operator was great to work with throughout the process. Can't say enough about how amazing the food was, these guys are pros! Do yourself a favor, stop fooling around and book these guys asap!
    Emily S. Married on 08/24/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hands down best bbq around!

Jason really went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding meal was everything we could have asked for. We had a large wedding (250 people) and I did not hear 1 single bad thing said about the food/ service. Like any wedding, things can get a little hectic- Jason's crew worked hard and everything went so smooth. The food was absolutely amazing. (the mac n cheese is my favorite) Jason's staff got us our plates and brought it to our table. There are so many options on the menu the only issue you'll have is deciding which to pick. I highly recommend Cowboy BBQ for all your catering needs- not only is the food amazing, Jason is a great guy who really will exceed your expectations.
  • Liz
    Liz M. Married on 07/06/2019

Great experience

The communication with Jason was great. Very responsive and helpful with ideas. The food was absolutely amazing. The wedding was a month ago and family and friends are still talking about it. The crew cleaned up and packed the leftovers. Recommend them 100% if thinking of a bbq for your wedding.
    Shaun H. Married on 05/18/2019

Best BBQ in NY State!

WOW! The absolute best. Jason's BBQ is top notch. I drove almost 5 hours to taste his food for my wedding and ended up canceling 2 other appointments after trying Cowboy BBQ. It was that good.

Not only is the food excellent, but Jason himself is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He does everything in his power to make sure you have the absolute perfect wedding day. He sets up early, smokes everything on-site, and unlike many other BBQ vendors I contacted, HE is the main person cooking your food on your wedding day. Rest assured, Jason will deliver.

Combine all of this with an affordable price... and Cowboy BBQ is the clear #1 choice. Our guests favorites were the mac + cheeses and brisket and I'm still hearing rave reviews to this day. BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER. Book Jason now!

-Shaun & Caitlin Haggerty, Married at Gilbertsville Farmhouse on 5/18/19
    Amber Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The food was absolutely amazing!!!! Jason was kind, professional and personable. Great people to do business with. Would highly recommend for any events catering needs!!! Jason and his staff did a phenomenal job making sure our day was perfect. The Rutz Family 10/06/18 ❤️
    Saralee Married on 09/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great people and wonderful food

Jason was really great to work with, he is very friendly and responds in a timely fashion. The food was amazing and they did a great job of making sure there was plenty of fresh, hot food for everyone. Another aspect of this company that impressed me as the bride, is that one of the servers held my plate and scooped out servings of food for me and carried it to my table. Exceptional service! I highly recommend them!!!!
    Emily Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jason and his team were great! He was quick to respond throughout the process and was accommodating with a change of venue. The food was fantastic and all of our 150+ guests raved about it. Jason also walked me through the buffet line with my plate so I didn't get anything on my dress. And...we are still eating leftovers! I would recommend this vendor in a heartbeat! No complaints at all!
    Gina Married on 09/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had Jason catering for my Daughters Wedding, We had a forest wedding...No running water or Electric, No Problem for the Cowboy, He did a great job! No issue the food was so good, every guest was raving how great the food was. We have the meatball sliders and a loaded french fried station for apps...Everyone loved it! and for dinner we had the pork, beef and chicken, with 5 sides...and everything was so good.. and the price was great too, I can't say enough about how great a job they did at this wedding..Thank you so much Jason!! The Palamara Family 9-15-18
  • W
    Wendy Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jason was awesome. All the guest loved the food. I would definitely recommend him and the price was great.
    Alyson Married on 07/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jason was great to work with, very down to earth. Always responsive, and willing to work with you to make anything easier - not to mention the food was absolutely amazing. Our guests all complimented the food!!
    Mollie Married on 07/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Excellent. Hire them. Seriously hire them, choose your menu, tell them where to set up and you're done. They will take care of the food from cooking to putting it out to packing up the leftovers. Your guests will rave about the food. They did our wedding and I barely interacted with them on the wedding day. Everything magically appeared and after the wedding I had a refrigerator full of leftovers and most importantly the guests all raved about how fantastic the BBQ was. I will be hiring them again for sure.
    Tamitha Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was July 7th and we had 75 people attend. We went with pulled pork and chicken. There was so much food. Everyone was raving about how good the food was. Amazing service! So happy we catered with Cowboy BBQ. We will definitely use their services for other party events! Thank you so much!
illustration stars