Cowboy BBQ Reviews

37 | Madison, NY

37 Reviews for Cowboy BBQ

amber · Married on 10/06/2018

The food was absolutely amazing!!!! Jason was kind, professional and personable. Great people to do business with. Would highly recommend for any events catering needs!!! Jason and his staff did a phenomenal job making sure our day was perfect. The Rutz Family 10/06/18 ❤️

Sent on 10/08/2018

Saralee · Married on 09/29/2018

Great people and wonderful food

Jason was really great to work with, he is very friendly and responds in a timely fashion. The food was amazing and they did a great job of making sure there was plenty of fresh, hot food for everyone. Another aspect of this company that impressed me as the bride, is that one of the servers held my plate and scooped out servings of food for me and carried it to my table. Exceptional service! I highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Jason and his team were great! He was quick to respond throughout the process and was accommodating with a change of venue. The food was fantastic and all of our 150+ guests raved about it. Jason also walked me through the buffet line with my plate so I didn't get anything on my dress. And...we are still eating leftovers! I would recommend this vendor in a heartbeat! No complaints at all!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Gina · Married on 09/15/2018

We had Jason catering for my Daughters Wedding, We had a forest wedding...No running water or Electric, No Problem for the Cowboy, He did a great job! No issue the food was so good, every guest was raving how great the food was. We have the meatball sliders and a loaded french fried station for apps...Everyone loved it! and for dinner we had the pork, beef and chicken, with 5 sides...and everything was so good.. and the price was great too, I can't say enough about how great a job they did at this wedding..Thank you so much Jason!! The Palamara Family 9-15-18

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/18/2018

Jason was awesome. All the guest loved the food. I would definitely recommend him and the price was great.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Mollie · Married on 07/14/2018

Excellent. Hire them. Seriously hire them, choose your menu, tell them where to set up and you're done. They will take care of the food from cooking to putting it out to packing up the leftovers. Your guests will rave about the food. They did our wedding and I barely interacted with them on the wedding day. Everything magically appeared and after the wedding I had a refrigerator full of leftovers and most importantly the guests all raved about how fantastic the BBQ was. I will be hiring them again for sure.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Alyson · Married on 07/14/2018

Jason was great to work with, very down to earth. Always responsive, and willing to work with you to make anything easier - not to mention the food was absolutely amazing. Our guests all complimented the food!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Tamitha · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding was July 7th and we had 75 people attend. We went with pulled pork and chicken. There was so much food. Everyone was raving about how good the food was. Amazing service! So happy we catered with Cowboy BBQ. We will definitely use their services for other party events! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Cheryl · Married on 06/24/2018

Jason and his crew did an amazing job at our June 2018 wedding! The food was delicious and plentiful and all of our guests commented on it! We were able to customize our menu and it turned out exactly as we'd hoped! I highly recommend! C&B

Sent on 07/22/2018

gordon · Married on 06/16/2018

amazing the food was great everyone loved it we had 250 people there the head table went first and before we were done eating every one had already gotten there food and it was delicious great job and I would recommend them to anyone especially the brisket yummmm

Sent on 06/24/2018

lea · Married on 06/09/2018

We had Cowboy BBQ cater our 90 person welcome BBQ the night before our wedding and all our guests completely raved over the food! Jason and his family were so sweet and killed it with the entire meal. We had a variety of meat (plus an onsite grill) and a few sides and it was more than enough to feed our large party. Our BBQ was over two weeks ago and our guests are still talking about the food. We couldn't be happier with the service, value, and quality.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

We loved working with Jason for our wedding. He knows what he’s doing when it comes to organizing delicious bbq for a big event. Our family is still raving about his brisket. Jason is a low-key and easy going vendor who works very hard to ensure that the event is a success. He was flexible and collaborated with our team of vendors. We highly recommend Cowboy BBQ!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Tara · Married on 04/07/2018

We had Cowboy BBQ cater our wedding on 4-7-18. Everything was phenomenal and far outweighed our expectations. Through the entire process, Jason was professional, extremely flexible in fitting our specific needs, and easy to work with. On the wedding day, they arrived early to set up and their staff was very polite. Someone even fixed my plate and brought it to the table for me. We were nervous about hiring a caterer out of our county but we would highly recommend Cowboy BBQ to everyone. Wedding guests are still approaching us, commenting on how amazing the food was. Additionally, the costs were very reasonable in comparison to other caterers in our area. You will not regret this decision!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Stephen · Married on 10/08/2017

Absolutely amazing food and a wonderful staff. Very polite and accommodating. All our guests loved the food.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Kimberly · Married on 10/07/2017

Our food was amazing! Thank you so much for catering our wedding. The broccoli salad was everyone’s favorite. We enjoyed working with you and are still enjoying the leftovers...yum!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Andrew · Married on 09/30/2017

Jason did a great job providing the food for our wedding held a few weeks ago. We had decided to add a few appetizers to the menu last minute and he was very accommodating to that also. We were told throughout the evening from many guests that it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had and we couldn't agree more. Overall very happy with the services provided and would look to hire him again for future events.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Kacie · Married on 09/09/2017

From the start Jason made booking our wedding easy. We talked back and forth throughout the year and he was very flexible with different food options we wanted. Jason always answered question in a timely manner as well! The prices were great and the food even better. Our guests are still raving about the food and we are still eating the left overs! Joe Kinney, a cowboy BBQ employee, came down the night before the wedding to start smoking meat and he was awesome. He jumped right in and helped with anything we needed and was truly an outstanding guy! Cowboy BBQ was truly the best!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Kev · Married on 09/02/2017

After months of talking with and emailing another caterer visiting their location an hour away multiple times trying different menu items they forgot they had another wedding booked on our day. We happened to find Cowboy BBQ on the internet and gave him a call . I spoke to Jason on the phone and he reassured me that if I like the other place I would definitely like his better. Am I glad things worked out the way they did the food was Deliscious... he even offered a family favorite Rosa Marina. His barbecue sauce is amazing. Thank you for providing a feast for our guests that everyone enjoyed.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Kasey · Married on 07/22/2017

Jason is a very nice and respectable person to work with. The food that his crew and him made was very delicious. The pricing was very reasonable. We had about 250 people. He makes sure that all your needs are full filled. I would recommend him to anyone that likes genuine BBQ food.

Sent on 11/25/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our wedding this Saturday on the family dairy farm. My side of the family is accustomed to more lavished style weddings but everyone, including my friends who spent $$$$$$$ on their wedding were blown away with the food Jason served! My friend said "Why didn't we get bbq for our wedding! This is amazing!". The food was absolutely amazing. We had 250 guests and not a single complaint. Nothing but raving reviews. My husband and I got married down by the river and had a lovely reception up on the lawn. While everyone was enjoying appetizers we were taking pictures. Jason sent down appetizers for our bridal party and made a point we got them. Then dinner was served and Jason and his team made a point to bring the guys milking cows food! It was amazing. They were excellent. They even packaged our leftovers and put them in the farmhouse. We are in love, with Cowboy BBQ.

Sent on 07/24/2017

kimberly · Married on 06/17/2017

Cowboy BBQ catered my wedding this past weekend and it was AMAZING!!! We had so many compliments on the food. Even some of our friends/family who are very critical of food, told us how much they loved it. I have never liked baked beans or pulled pork and decided I would give it a try because everything else was so good, and I really liked them! I would highly recommend them for any event, and look forward to eating their food again!!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Macy · Married on 10/08/2016

People are still talking about the food!!!! The food, the price, the decorations, and the people fit perfectly with our fall country wedding. The pulled pork, the BBQ sauce, the juicy chicken, all the sides! Everyone raved about it! We could not have asked for anything better. Jason Smith and his team did a wonderful job.
    The whole process leading up to the wedding day was smooth as well. The price per person is very reasonable. Jason and I spoke a few times throughout the course of the year to make sure everything was in order- and it was! You can tell Jason is very dedicated and prides on his BBQ! GREAT JOB COWBOY BBQ!! We would recommend you to anyone- already have!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Jason and his crew at cowboy BBQ are the best. They catered my wedding at MKJ Farm on 10/1/2016. We tasted a bunch of BBQ and once we tasted Jason's BBQ we stopped tasting and booked him. His BBQ is phenomenal. My guests wanted to purchase our leftover brisket because its so good lol. Jason is laid back and willing to accommodate you and make your day worry free. I had hired MOEs to come and do a chip and dip bar as my appetizer. I also had Jason cook 200 wings. While we were killing time in between the ceremony and reception it was brought to my attention that Moe's never showed up to set up the chip and dip bar. Jason recognized that I had hungry people and jumped to action and cooked 300 more wings to hold over my 200+ guest until dinner. I appreciate his quick actions so it made something that could have been a huge deal into something that was more like a speed bump. He's a simple country guy but his BBQ packs amazingly complex, delicious flavors. Definitely give his food a try before booking anyone else for BBQ!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/24/2016

Fantastic food! We chose to go with Cowboy BBQ after about one bite of brisket. It smelled good, it tasted good, and it went well. 100% recommended to anyone. You don't need a country style wedding to have great food and service!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/27/2016

This is the best option !!!! Cowboys barbecue did an amazing job with the food at my wedding .. The service they provide was great. I am so thankful to you guys , all my guests were saying how delicious the food was :) thank you guys !!!! You guys rock !

Sent on 09/02/2016