Couture Cakes & Confections Reviews

48 | Hixson, TN

48 Reviews for Couture Cakes & Confections

Rachael · Married on 06/25/2016

Kimberly and Andrew are masters at their craft. Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning. So many people continue to compliment our 5-tier wedding cake! We were beyond satisfied with our choice to work with Couture Cakes & Confections. There is no doubt that their work is beautiful and delicious. They listened carefully to each of our requests and made a cake that was perfectly designed for our wedding. We can't wait to get the photos back from the evening so we can admire it more! Stop searching for your cake baker - you've found it with Couture Cakes & Confections!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Becky · Married on 06/25/2016

As the mother of the bride living in Ohio and planning a wedding in Chattanooga, TN, I wasn’t quite sure where to begin. We started with planning for the perfect wedding cake. We found Couture Cakes and Confections on line. Upon talking with Kimberly, I felt like I had a friend and “right arm” in helping me plan our daughter’s big day. I began by sharing with her the vision we had for the cake. She answered my questions and assured me that she and Andrew could make our dream a reality. She totally put me at ease and I knew we were in good hands with Couture Cakes and Confections. The cake created by Kimberly and Andrew was a work of art – a true masterpiece. Countless people shared that our cake was the most beautiful they have ever seen. Not only was the cake gorgeous, the flavor was divine. You WANT Kimberly and Andrew on your Wedding Dream Team!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Kassidi · Married on 12/19/2015

Couture Cakes went above and beyond any expectations I ever had of my wedding cake. I told them what I had imagined and they made everything come to life! What made them even better is that they love their job! They were just as excited to create mine and my husbands cake as we were to eat and see them! We had SO many compliments at the wedding about how wonderful the cakes tasted and looked! It also was a huge plus that my mom, who is gluten free, could also eat my wedding cake!- even though you would NEVER guess that it is gluten free because it taste so wonderful!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Sara · Married on 12/05/2015

To be perfectly honest, before hiring Couture Cakes we listened to our wedding coordinator and set out with a lower budget in mind but after tasting cakes at three other bakers that she recommended we were very disappointed. The other bakers cakes were dry, way too sweet or left an odd taste in our mouths. After discussing it with my parents we all agreed it was worth paying more for a better quality cake and professional service so we decided to go to the bridal show. I'm so glad we did because we found Couture Cakes and after tasting their delicious samples we didn't hesitate to book our date. We should have done from the beginning. My mother, father, fiancé and I attended the tasting appointment and devoured their tasting samples in 3 minutes flat! We KNEW right then we found our DREAM BAKER for life! The tasting was fun and delicious, we felt like old friends gathered around our families kitchen table. We left with a plan for our wedding and grooms cakes but gave Kimberly creative liberties for the tiny details. Just look at her designs and you will know why you should trust her judgment. Kimberly made the process so easy from start to finish. When our wedding day arrived we were most excited to see and taste our cakes and Kimberly did not disappoint, she made us absolutely breathtakingly beautiful wedding and grooms cakes. They were far more beautiful and delicious than either of us had hoped. Our guests frequently commented on how lovely the wedding cake was, how cool the grooms cake was and how delicious they both tasted. By the end of the evening there wasn’t a crumb left. I do want to add that when we went to meet with Kimberly with some ideas of what I thought I had to have to stay within my new budget she added so many wonderful and unique touches that made our wedding cake even more elegant and special than I had initially planned and in the end their cakes were not that much more than the other bakeries. Kimberly is extremely talented, organized and a

Sent on 12/29/2015

Keresa · Married on 10/17/2015

The experience we had with Couture Cakes was exactly what I dreamed about and wanted for my special day. Before we found Couture Cakes we had a very unpleasant and unprofessional experience at another company. Because of this we didn’t have as much time to find a new bakery, we were lucky enough to contact Couture Cakes and find out they had a cancelation for our wedding day. They were very willing to fit us into their schedule and help us create the cakes of our dreams. It was a wonderful consultation, we were able to sit down and have Kimberly get a feel of our likes and dislikes and help us create our perfect cakes. The samples were all wonderful it was hard to narrow down the choices. They took our ideas and made them a reality and I didn’t have to worry about anything, I was very confident everything would be perfect. It was exactly the experience I was looking for. I would recommend them to anyway for any special event.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

Couture Cakes and Confections is professional, timely, and talented. They created two beautiful cakes for our wedding, a stunning six tier ivory wedding cake with trailing leaves, a custom crest, and layers of patterned lace to mimic the lace in my wedding dress. The groom’s cake was one-of-a-kind, inspired by the “Grove” at the University of Mississippi with details like custom beer cans modeled after my husband favorite Wise Acre beer, a corn dog platter (his favorite tailgating food), a custom corn hole set, an elaborate Ole Miss tent and more! They’re truly pieces of art, but oh so tasty! The quality and taste of their cakes is just as impressive as the construction and design. They also delivered our cake to our wedding site, which is a great perk if you live local. I strongly encourage every bride and groom to work with Couture Cakes and Confections. You will be SO THANKFUL you did!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Corey · Married on 09/05/2015

Andrew and Kimberly went above, and beyond what needed to be done for our wedding. Upon leaving their shop to deliver the wedding cake and surprise groom's cake to our wedding Andrew was involved in an accident. Unfortunately the groom's cake was not salvageable, but the wedding cake was fine. He delivered the wedding cake on time, and went back to pick up another groom's cake for us.

During the time he was driving to our wedding(roughly 2-2.5 hours from their shop) Kimberly was masterfully crafting a replacement groom's cake the best she could on very very short notice. Andrew then returned to the wedding with a groom's cake, but unfortunately the guest had already left. We sent him back with the cake because we had no place to store it as we were heading out on our honeymoon the following day.

Kimberly and Andrew then worked on the groom's cake further while we were on our honeymoon to make it as perfect as the original. We picked the groom's cake up on 10/5/15(one month after our wedding) from Couture Cakes to use as my wife's birthday cake. It was still delicious, and on top of that Kimberly and Andrew then refunded the money for the groom's cake back to us.

Kimberly and Andrew are very personal when it comes to the wedding cakes they design, and staying in touch with their customers. I highly recommend them to anyone that wants a top notch cake for any occasion.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Allison · Married on 08/08/2015

Couture Cakes was absolutely wonderful to us on our wedding day. We had a destination wedding in Chattanooga, and were working blindly from our apartment in NYC. We got extremely lucky that we chose them. People are still talking about how amazing the chocolate peanut butter cup groom's cake was, and I loved my bride's cake. We actually ordered double what we actually needed (we ordered almost 200 servings for a 90 person wedding) and it was almost all gone. I think we had 10 slices left.

Both of the cakes were the most beautiful cakes I have ever seen. We chose a very elaborate woodsy theme, and the fern leaves were so perfect they looked real. They did such a great job, and I would recommend them to absolutely anyone, anywhere, for any occasion. They are some of the kindest and most talented people I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/27/2015

We had our wedding cakes made by Couture Cakes in Chattanooga. They were nothing short of AMAZING!!!! We decided on a 4 tiered vanilla cake with a homemade lemon filling and white chocolate icing. It was surrounded by beautiful handmade sugar flowers to match our real flowers --absolutely gorgeous! It was truly a fabulous and yummy wedding cake. When people started to eat it, they were just in awe--it was so tasty. We all wanted more. My husband had a Titians Cornhole board cake. He LOVED it and did not want to us to cut it. We highly recommend this bakery to anyone looking for great tasting and awesome cakes. You will not be sorry. Kimberly will listen to what you want and deliver a cake beyond your wildest dreams. You will not go wrong by choosing this bakery-believe me--it is the best. Worth spending a little more for the best quality and personal service.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Kathryn · Married on 06/06/2015

We got married on June 6, 2015 and I am so glad we hired Couture Cakes and Confections as our cake vendor! Andrew and Kimberly went above and beyond for us to make our day special. They are very flexible and eager to please. Our cake design had every element of our theme. Kimberly even found a perfect sugar lace to match our invitations. The handmade sugar flowers and blackberries on our cake were vey intricate. There are many flavors to choose from but it allows you to be unique for YOUR wedding. We went with a blackberry cake with blackberry coulis and blackberry icing. You cannot just get those flavors anywhere! They make all of their cakes with fresh, organic ingredients. No box cake or Crisco! You certainly can taste the difference. It went perfect with the peach ice cream we served as well. We had our cake delivered which was well worth it because it was on time and flawless! We just could not have asked for a more friendly, helpful and creative couple to create a masterpiece for us and our guests. Thank you Andrew and Kimberly for helping us make our big day perfect!!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Christen · Married on 04/25/2015

My husband and I just got married in April and here is what I personally think about this team of "Cake masters"They are amazing,wonderful, talented, and they make breath taking cakes that taste so great it's indescribable! They do everything they say they're going to do, and then some! They made a special stand for my cake that was 4 tiers and made the most breath taking flowers. It was so amazing it's unreal almost. I love them! I'll never have anyone else make me a cake ever again.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Lucy · Married on 01/24/2015

I contacted Couture Cakes after a different bakery cancelled on me at the last minute. Kimberly and Andrew really came to the rescue! They were so kind and worked quickly to design a beautiful cake and grooms cake for my wedding. They were very professional and always returned calls and in the end I got two beautiful cakes that looked like they were out of a celebrity wedding. I will call them for any future baby shower, birthday, and anniversary cakes I might need!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Babette · Married on 12/06/2014

I went to Couture Cake and Confections after seeing a friends wedding cake. Their cake was so beautiful and tasted so good, I knew I couldn't wait to see what kind of cake I could do. We had a consultation and tasting with Kimberly and she was so friendly and sweet. My husband and I had previously had a consultation elsewhere, just to have several options, and after the meeting with Kimberly and tasting her cakes, there was no question we were using her! Her cakes make all others taste like Walmart or grocery store cakes. We decided how the cake should taste and look and I was excited, I knew it would be pretty. When it was delivered and set up, I saw it and was shocked! The detail was phenomenal! When I was told the lace would be edible, I didn't think that is would be so pretty I wouldn't want to cut it! I would use Couture Cakes and Confections again and highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Kara · Married on 11/08/2014

Thank you both so much for our making custom wedding and grooms cakes. Absolute perfection in every way. We received so many wonderful comments and compliments during the reception. Our friends and family are still raving about them. You guys really outdid yourselves with Zach's cooler cake. Holy cow everyone thought it was a real cooler with beer and ice. Our wedding cake was beautifully understated elegance and fit in with our theme perfectly. As for the taste – absolutely out of this world. We think everyone should have Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mudslide for the wedding cake. We were so pleased with the friendly service and personal attention to detail we received from the owners. We highly recommend Couture Cakes to anyone looking for top notch customer service and the best tasting cake you will ever eat.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Anna · Married on 06/21/2014

The cake that was created and designed for my wedding was more than perfect. Both Kimberly and Andrew were both very helpful in making my design ideas come to life and the service was very professional. The cake tasting was the best and I had a really hard time deciding between all of their amazing cake flavors. I really appreciated that the ingredients were all homemade and safe for all guests with any allergies. I can't wait to use them again for birthdays or other events!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Bailey · Married on 05/17/2014

Couture Cakes & Confections did the most amazing job for our cake. It was absolutely perfect, and there literally was not a bite left. They have perfected the art of baking, and we were so glad we found them and were able to have them as our cake maker. They do gluten free cakes, and it was the best thing I've ever eaten.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Meredith · Married on 04/26/2014

As a gluten free bride, I was concerned I would never have a beautiful wedding cake that also tasted amazing. Thank goodness I found Andrew and Kimberly! From the beginning, they were very flexible with my schedule - since we lived in Texas and were getting married in Tennessee - I was only able to travel down at certain times. When we met them for our tasting, they spent nearly 2 hours brainstorming with us about ideas for the wedding cake and groom's cake. The groom was over the moon by the time we left - Kimberly was posed to make him the cake of his dreams! They were very up front with the pricing as well as the payment schedule. When they delivered the cakes on the day of the wedding, all I heard from my bridal party was how amazing they were. I wasn't able to see them until the reception, but I couldn't stop looking at the details. They were AMAZING! The taste was perfect (wedding cake was strawberries and cream - groom's cake was marble) - no one knew it was gluten free. I wish I was having another wedding, just so I could have more cakes like those. Thank you Kimberly and Andrew for making the wedding and groom's cakes of our dreams!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Molly · Married on 04/19/2014

I am beyond amazed at the taste, look, and detail of my cake. Everyone raved about it and I can honestly say it's the most delicious cake I've eaten. My gluten free husband agrees. Kimberly and Andrew were most helpful as I had to plan over the phone. My only wish is I lived closer, I'd buy a cake for EVERY occasion!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Hope · Married on 06/23/2013

I chose this bakery at first because of the huge selection of flavors! We chose an almond cake with blackberry coulis and blackberry Italian meringue buttercream! Everything was delicious and beautifully decorated. Many of our guests commented on how delicious the cake was. We weren't even looking for a gluten-free cake and didn't even know it was gluten-free when we tasted it. The staff is incredibly friendly too.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Kate · Married on 05/11/2013

A beautiful wedding on a farm setting deserves a beautiful cake and Couture Cakes and Confections filled the bill. Not only was the cake beautiful but very moist. My family wanted an almond buttercream icing with almond flavored cake and this was the moist delicious we ever tasted. It got rave review from all who attended the wedding reception! Thanks Couture Cakes

Sent on 08/20/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/06/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Couture Cakes and Confections! They were so willing to go above and beyond to create a one of a kind cake! They listened intently to our ideas and vision and then came up with creative and intricate ways to make it all come to life! The cakes they created for our wedding were not only delicious to eat, but they were truly an added decoration to our wedding! I continue to get compliments on how life like the sugar flowers looked and how perfectly the grooms cake turned out. They seemed to truly enjoy the challenge of creating a cake unlike any they had done before!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Patty · Married on 09/15/2012

I love Couture Cakes and Confections!! They made my wedding cake and the groom's cake. My wedding was peacock themed, and they created the cake of my dreams. My cake was white with 5 tiers. It had gold bands at the bottom of each tier, and each tier had its own peacock detailing. They made a keepsake blue peacock cake topper that I have now placed in a shadow box and hung on the wall. The peacock's tail flowed down the side of my cake. They used the feather vellum from my invitation and copied it onto edible paper and cut each and every tail feather out. I was so impressed and absolutely loved it!! The groom's cake was 2 tier and had a keepsake guitar cake topper. I gave them a picture of my aunt's guitar as the inspiration, and they recreated the guitar perfectly. They also had hand painted sheet music that displayed our ceremony songs and our first dance song. It was perfect! I would highly recommend Couture Cakes and Confections. They did such a great job and I was highly impressed.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Tiffaney · Married on 07/20/2012

My husband and myself are locals to the Chattanooga area, and I also have a gluten allergy. Kimberly and her husband were definitely at the top of my list when it came to making our cakes for our big days. We had a total of 3 cakes, one for our wedding day(we eloped to the beach), and two for our reception in downtown Nashville. For each event, our cakes had to travel a great distance to get to their final destination....the beach and Nashville. The staff ensured that our wedding cake could fly safely by plane without any security issues and also packed the reception cakes so they would safely make it to the reception in the back of my vehicle. And....they all made it safely. All three cakes were a work of art and absolutely delicious. Kimberly even matched the color of the cake to the decorations I was using so the colors did not match. Everyone raved about the excellent style and over-all yumminess. I would definitely recommend using Couture Cakes and Confections for any event.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Laura · Married on 05/19/2012

Couture Cakes delivered nothing but exceptional service and delicious cake! From the start, the experience was a positive one. Kimberly and Andrew worked together to create a cake that was exactly what we wanted. And I must say the cake tasting was my favorite part of wedding planning :) Out of all the great flavors, we chose chocolate raspberry and lemon poppyseed with lemon curd. The cake was amazing! Our design was a simple tiered cake embellished with the most beautiful sugar flowers and succulents...I even kept them! The experience overall was fantastic, we enjoyed every bit of working with Couture Cakes!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Katie · Married on 05/12/2012

Finding Couture Cakes was a godsend! I have severe food allergies and digestive problems...I had resigned myself to the fact that I just wouldn't eat any wedding cake at my own wedding. But then I discovered Couture Cakes and they were able to make me a layer that was gluten, sugar, and dairy free and I was able to enjoy with my guests! The flavors were exquisite... it was so hard for us to choose. My husband actually liked my healthy layer the best!!! Many guests weren't able to tell the sugar/dairy free layer from the others - that's a testament to the many hours the've put into perfecting their recipes! The cake was absolutely BEAUTIFUL as well. This was the easiest part of my wedding planning. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 09/23/2012