31 Reviews for Country Cake Shop

Setup (5)
Cupcakes (4)
Nut Free (1)
31 Country Cake Shop Reviews

Country Cake Shop was the bakery that made the small wedding cake and multiple cupcakes in multiple flavors for my wedding. The baker was very flexible and willing to create my wedding cake and cupcakes to fit my taste and preferences. She has soooo many delicious flavors, and makes masterful creations that don't just taste amazing, but are beautiful as well.

I highly recommend Country Cake Shops if you are looking for a baker with exquisite taste, creativity, and the ability to make the cake actually TASTE GOOD, unlike a lot of other wedding cakes. The owner is also just a lovely, sweet lady.

Profile Picture User3062972, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Sara created a delicious semi-naked two-tier lemon vanilla with coconut frosting wedding cake, which was such a hit with our guests that even the extra slices were polished off in record time.

We ordered a basic cake, which we could decorate on our own with the flowers and cake toppers we already had, and she delivered it exactly the way we wanted it. Too bad the summer heat meant we couldn't leave it out on display at our vineyard location for too long! Nevertheless, everyone raved about the cake - the layers were moist, and the frosting was just the right amount with just the right amount of sweetness.

Profile Picture User7490919, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely loved my cake and mini cupcakes from Country Cake Shop! Sarah is awesome to work with - I think I changed my cupcake flavors 3 times, and probably asked 50 questions. My cake was exactly what I wanted and worth every penny. Will definitely be purchasing cakes and other goodies from her in the future!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Nut Free, Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sara was amazing! She made us a delicious and beautiful cake. Our guests were raving about the cupcakes several weeks after the wedding. We even had a special request for our cake and she did not hesitate to accommodate us. Even with our wedding being in the Portland area, and Country Cake Shop being in Salem, it was one of the few items we didn't sweat on our big day. Sara took care of everything! Thank you for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

Working with Sara was a dream! Before locating Sara and her gorgeous work, I honestly didn't have huge plans for our cake and dessert, but once I saw her artistry I just knew we had to work with her. From the cake tasting and beyond she was so kind and genuinely wanted to create something unique just for us. Not only does she have an array of flavors to choose from (cake flavors can be mixed with icing flavors too!) she also had a portfolio of her work for us to flip through to help us better describe what we wanted. We had a two-tier cake along with mini cupcakes, regular cupcakes, and chocolate covered Oreos, which were all different flavors and absolutely delicious!! The bottom tier of our cake had gorgeous rosettes and the top layer had a pink watercolor effect with lace detailing towards the bottom. She delivered everything to our venue and even took a few photos, which we are so grateful for! Not only is her work amazing, but she's incredibly fun to work with and the value is above and beyond. Highly recommended all around!

Profile Picture Meagan, 7/23/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sara is incredibly talented and we were blown away at the amazing flavors and design capabilities she had to offer. She listened to our needs and the cake turned out both yummy and gorgeous. We highly recommend her! -Rob & Monica C., PDX

Profile Picture User7923769, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I agree with Country Cake Shop's other reviewers, this business is certainly a 5 out of 5! My biggest complaint with wedding cakes is that they are usually just for aesthetics. But our cake was both beautiful AND delicious. I was impressed with Sara's undeniable artistic ability, attention to detail, and overall professionalism. The prices are very fair for the experience and product that you end up with. I will absolutely be recommending her services!

Profile Picture Kalyn, 12/18/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

Simply gorgeous!
My cake was admired by everyone, defiantly a work of art!
My dream wedding cake... I only wish I could share a picture here :(

Profile Picture Lily, 8/16/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

I have nothing but positive things to say about Sara and Country Cake Shop! From the first inquiry email, to after our Wedding, Sara was nothing but helpful, clear, and professional. Our wedding cake was hands down the most gorgeous cake I have ever seen, and along with the cupcakes, DELICIOUS! Everything was 100% perfect. Guests were complementing our cakes all night. I would recommend Country Cake Shop to everyone, and look forward to using Sara's amazing talents for other upcoming events. :)

Profile Picture Brittney, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara's work is absolutely beautiful. She met with my husband and I to talk about our wedding cake and do some cake tasting & we loved that experience! Her cupcakes that she brought to our wedding were lovely and delicious!! They were a hit! Not to mention our wedding cake was to die for!!!

I 100% recommend using this company for every event:).

Thanks again for making our cupcake/cake dreams come true, Sara!!

Profile Picture Alexa , 8/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a great experience working with Sara. We wanted a wedding cake that was beautiful and tasteful, but that also had a great flavor. She created a set of customized flavor options based on our personal flavor like and dislikes and let us have a different flavor for each tier of the cake! She was great about helping us stay within our budget and figuring out a way to have a gorgeous cake that would feed all of our guests that we could actually afford. She delivered the cake for a really modest fee which was a huge relief and was extremely patient when I changed my mind about EVERYTHING about three weeks before the wedding. Our cake was so beautiful - coral with flashes of gold leaf and a cascade of saturated poppy and dhalia sugar flowers. It's my favorite wedding cake, that I've ever seen (if only we could post a photo here!). She's amazing. We're so grateful to have found her :)

Profile Picture Miranda, 7/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara is an artist! Our cake was not only beautiful, but the most beautiful and perfect wedding cake I have ever seen! Our guests are still complimenting us on our cake and asking who decorated it. She is amazing to work with, easy to get a hold of, and will create your perfect cake for your wedding vision! Her cakes are not only beautiful, but taste amazing! There was not a drop of wedding cake left after my wedding! People were literally fighting over the last piece! You have to use Sara for your wedding cake needs! You will not be sorry.

Profile Picture User5345334, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara created an exquisite cake and 150 cupcakes (in 5 flavors!) for our July 11th wedding. Absolutely everything about or experience working with her was perfect - from our initial planning, through tasting, through to the final execution and setup. She was so responsive and I jokingly told her I felt like she went in my head and created my dream cake...but she really did. She is professional, passionate about her work, and so incredibly talented. Cannot recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Annie, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara did a last minute birthday cake for me after a separate vendor closed their doors without notice. She was professional, quick to respond and most of all the 40th birthday celebration went off without a hitch and an adorable cake!

Profile Picture megan, 6/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara at Country Cake Shop did an excellent job on our wedding cake! It turned out exactly as we hoped it would, and it tasted delicious! She matched our colors with a light yellow frosting and a tangerine colored sugar flower, and she added some rustic (edible) lace overlay and (nonedible!) twine to match our rustic theme. Our wedding was in Seattle and as she is based in Salem, she was so flexible in helping us get the cake safely to the wedding. She gave good instructions for travel and was able to purchase a "non-slip" tote for my parents to bring the cake up, and it kept well for a few days as my parents came up 2 days early. It was SO adorable and I would definitely go with Country Cake shop again for the wedding and recommend Sara to a friend. I plan to come back for future business!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot rave about Sarah enough. She was easy to work with, always responded to my emails quickly, and she is incredibly talented. Our cake was absolutely stunning and it was delicious. My only regret is that I didn't get to eat more of it!

Profile Picture brittany, 1/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara made us our beautiful cake!!! She was very easy going with the whole process, and our final product was better than we could've ever imagined!!!!

We received countless compliments on our cake and cupcakes for the reception. We 100% recommend the Country Cake Shop!!!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara is an amazing artist with her cakes! I was so happy with her quality of work and the vision she created!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was straight out of a magazine beautiful and delicious! Our family will use Country Cakesfor all our future cakes and cupcakes!!! Love them!!!!

Profile Picture Nikki, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was absolutely beautiful as well as delicious! It was exactly what I had in mind and the creativity and the detail was truly artistic.

Profile Picture Abby, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Having known Sara for years I know how dedicated and professional she is when running her business. I also know how delicious her cakes are, AND how amazingly beautiful they are. So, when getting married, I knew she had to design and bake our cake. And I must say, that she definitely delivered! Our cake was not only gorgeous, but it was also super tasty and was loved by all our guests. I definitely recommend her for any special occasion. She's putting out great work, and we're lucky to have her here in little Salem, Oregon!

Profile Picture Allie, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara was amazing! She was easy to work with and paid careful attention to what I wanted. The cake design was beautiful and fit in perfectly with the rest of my reception decor. The cake itself was amazing. I received many complements on the cake, and we loved it so much that we had a second piece! I have a gluten allergy, so the layer we ate was gluten free. Having eaten many sub-par gluten free cakes with odd textures, we were extremely impressed with this cake; you would not have even guessed that it was gluten free!

Profile Picture User3358866, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara was great cute creative cake and awesome unique flavors for the cupcakes! Pricing was very reasonable! She was very organized and came with the cake and cupcakes on time and everything looked and went fabulous!

Profile Picture User4175538, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara's has amazing talent and creates beautiful and elegant cakes. She surprises me with each design, as I've never seen the same style repeated. She creates edible beauty and is a joy to work with. Very professional and reliable.

Profile Picture User3845205, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sara at country cake shop was professional through the whole thing. She made my husband and I a gorgeous cake and it was delicious. She was on time and set up the tiered cake in no time at all. Im soo glad we went with her it was the cake of my dreams :)

Profile Picture maryl, 7/27/13, 1 Review