Country Bake Shop Reviews

Rating 4.7 out of 5, 9 Reviews
View more information

4.7

Kristen Married on 03/11/2017
    Country Bake Shop was the best value we found for our wedding. We searched high and low for a simple cake that was delicious. That was the goal. In Country Bake Shop, we found a great value in our cake for the head table and cupcakes for the entire reception. For a 170 person wedding, only 5 cupcakes went uneaten....5! I received nothing but compliments from everyone who consumed Country Bake Shop's cake/cupcakes and we cannot wait to dig into our Cake top on our 1 year anniversary.
  • User2028978 2+ years ago
    Beautiful wedding cake. It tasted delicious. We received so many compliments.
    Kristi Married on 07/10/2010
    I loved Country Bake Shop as our wedding cake vendor. We had gone to many places and were so excited when we went with Country Bake Shop. They offered a wide variety of flavors and their filling was free unlike many other cake shops. They have an amazing champagne flavored cake that will knock your socks off. I loved they cake and their prices were by far the cheapest I had come across for the flavor. I also planned my wedding in 3 months and they made my cake for me with only 3 weeks before the wedding!!! They were amazing. I would recommend then time and time again.
    Jennifer Married on 08/11/2007
    Beautiful cake, I received many compliments on the taste of the cake also! There were NO problems with any part of their service! Great value for the cake also!
    Andrea Married on 04/29/2006
    My cake was absolutely beautiful, affordable, and delicious. Of all the cakes that I sampled it was the most delicious at the lowest price point.
    Colleen Married on 04/09/2011
    We had our wedding cake made here. Overall, I was very satisfied. They were helpful despite our late booking (ordered the cake just 3 weeks before the wedding!), and their prices could not be beat ($150 for a cake to serve 80 people). The cake was delicious, much moister than any other cake I have had at a wedding. My only complaint is that the cake didn't look exactly like the pictures that I had given them, but it was pretty close and they got the overall look correct. My husband is just mad that he didn't get a chance to eat more than one bite....we are already planning to stop by on our next trip to South Bend to get some cupcakes!
  • User2012878 2+ years ago
    Tastiest cake I tried in South Bend - also such a great value for the money.

Our three-tier cake was beautiful. I will say that the design books in their shop are so out-of-date and not reflective of the kind of work they can do. I think they should put together a new design book that shows the kind of cakes they are turning out at weddings.

Their tasting was super well-done and allowed us to sample as many possible combinations of cake and filling as could be made, which was awesome rather than giving us whole slices and having to envision different combos.

I am from out of town and they definitely prefer to conduct their business in person, so it might be more difficult for someone to coordinate if they aren't able to travel.
    Kayleigh Married on 06/21/2008
    They have excellent cake, just make sure that you have all the hall information with you when you go in to order the cake. I did not know for sure when the hall opened in the morning, and had to call in to leave this information. They lost the information twice before actually getting it into my file. Other than that everything went well.
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 12/08/2012
    Our cake tasted SOO good. However, it was very difficult to meet with the cake decorator and when I finally did connect with her I felt rushed. I don't feel as though I received what I envisioned, but nonetheless it was on time, it tasted good, and no one knew the difference.