35 Reviews for Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant

Event Planning (3)
Outside Cake (3)
Lighting/Sound (2)
35 Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant Reviews

The Cosmopolitan Hotel has so much charm and character! I fell in love with it the first time I stepped onto it’s vine covered patio. But before I go on, I need to disclose that we ended up shifting directions with our wedding date and plans, and ultimately did not book this venue. However, I still feel inclined to leave a review based on my wonderful experience. I worked with Lynn Simpson who went above and beyond to create a completely custom proposal to match the type of reception we had in mind. When I met with her in person she was attentive, and I felt that she truly understood our vision. Her follow up communication was excellent as we hammered out the details over the next couple weeks. The prices we were quoted were extremely reasonable for what was included, and I loved the idea of renting out all ten rooms and pretty much having the place to ourselves. There aren’t too many venues that offer that luxury.

The Cosmo has continued to be one of our favorite spots for brunch on a beautiful day, not just for the atmosphere and great location in the center of Old Town, but because we love their food! If you have a chance to try their short rib benedict – go for it!

Profile Picture Shanda, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

What can I say- planning a wedding from overseas was so easy with all of the help from the Cosmo! Lynn, Robin and the team accommodated us and or guests so well. Everyone has been raving about the wedding and the service provided. We HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor

We got married here last weekend and it was absolutely amazing!! The venue is beautiful and couldn't get more authentic San Diego. Lynn and her staff at the venue are so great! They helped us setup, decorate and even got stuck in putting up lanterns and lights... So helpful and accommodating and the food was really great too! Thank you. Thank you!!

Profile Picture toby, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Loved it all. Lynn is the best!

Profile Picture issalia, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wife Issalia and i could not be more happy with the wedding we had at the Cosmopolitan. Lynn and the staff were amazing. If you have having trouble deciding, let me ease your mind. BOOK IT NOW. You will not regret it. My guests are still raving about the food.

Profile Picture carson, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I would recommend this venue for any celebration! I had my wedding reception here and it was perfect in every way. The staff were friendly, fun, and super helpful.

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I just recently had my wedding this month, I was lucky enough to have rain. Lynn was absolutely amazing. All of the staff was accommodating and super on top of EVERYTHING. We choose to do a buffet and all of the food was bragged about the whole night. ! Exceptional service . Definitely Consider this venue for genuine hospitality and a vintage feel to your special day !!!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We could not have been more thrilled with our wedding. All the planning was done by Rosanna and every detail was spectacular !!!! Our intimate in-suite wedding was truly beautiful, intimate, sophisticated and effortless!

Profile Picture Angie, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

When my fiance and I got engaged we knew we wanted something a little different. We wanted a "destination feel" wedding without actually flying somewhere , and did not want the party of our life to end at 10pm like most venues. We wanted it to be FUN & memorable more than anything. None of that ballroom, stale round tables feel ...hehe. Number one, location of The Cosmopolitan is amazing. It was so fun having the whole hotel upstairs rented out for the bridal party all weekend, and seeing people hanging out in old town and at the hotel nearby. It felt like a small little wedding town! Not to mention how beautiful it was for my bridesmaids and I to be able to hang out on the veranda, facing Old town Historic park and pop a bottle of champagne while seeing the guest trickle in to the ceremony site (La Casa Estudillo).

The venue itself is gorgeous beyond belief...Our wedding theme was vintage elegance. The venue already has so many beautiful plants, lights, and decor that we didn't need to overdue it with flowers or decorations. Working with Lynn who coordinates the wedding events was an absolute pleasure, she helped us navigate through last minute changes and really became more like a friend than venue coordinator.

The food and cocktails were top notch and the absolute best part, the part my guests still are raving over was the "after party" which we decided to do which took place inside the beautiful cosmopolitan, once the wedding was technically "over". We had a live Colombian Salsa band and danced until 1am ! We also provided a gourmet taco bar which our guests absolutely LOVED! Let me tell you, you pay far too much money to have your wedding end at 10pm and then have everyone go somewhere else for an "after party". Let this be your everything! Best part all we had to do was go upstairs at the end of the night :) Overall it was the most beautiful and special day of our life. The Cosmopolitan and its amazing staff delivered everything and MORE!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding date was back on October 29, 2016, This venue is absolutely beautiful. I got so many compliments on the venue.
We stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding which was very convenient !
Lynn was very helpful and took care of everything on the day of the wedding I didn't even have to worry about anything she was able to coordinate the vendors that arrived and everything went very smoothly , ( and if it didn't I was none the wiser)
The ceremony place in the courtyard was beautiful and the guests really liked that they could view the ceremony from the balcony !
We had our wedding lunch in the dining room and it was perfect for the 55 people that we had attend and offered a nice, cozy and intimate setting for our wedding lunch.
The food was very very good and the service was phenomenal , the entire service staff was very professional and friendly !
thank you Cosmopolitan ! well see you next year when we come to stay for our first anniversary !!!!

Profile Picture flo, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our daughter chose this venue because of the unique comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. The evening was magical. Lynn was easy to work with and the staff very attentive. Being the mother of the bride I missed the hor d'oeurves, someone told me the bacon wrapped figs were amazing! I mentioned this to Robin and she asked the chef if there were any left. The answer was no but he'd make more up for me! They were delicious! And the entire evening went like that! There was nothing that was too much trouble.

I definitely recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Me, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

When asked what advice I have for couples thinking about booking the Cosmo, all I have to say is DO IT! The Cosmo was a perfect place for our wedding reception. We got Married on September 24th and had a reception to follow and it was worth every penny. I liked that they took care of the dance floor, lighting, and food. It was a one stop shop besides, DJ, Flowers, and Photographer. Lynn, the wedding coordinator, was wonderful to work with. I was trying to plan everything from a distance since I was in Alaska and she is experienced in Weddings/Receptions so she was very helpful. I probably asked her a million questions, and asked for her advice just as much and she always had the most perfect answers. VERY HELPFUL! The entire staff at the Cosmo was very nice and helpful too. When we went to set up the morning of the wedding we needed to borrow a few things and needed a little help and even though they were setting up for brunch, they did not mind taking a second to help us. The staff that worked the event at night were amazing and super nice to all our guests. I had countless complements on how beautiful the venue was from our guests and we were also amazed as we walked for the first time married! The food was always fantastic. I just wish I had more time to eat, or room in my dress to fit it all in! We had the Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon and it was so yummy, we missed the cocktail hour when those were served, because of photos, but the staff has saved some for us, and those were the first to go! Really, I can not express how perfect this venue was for us. WE LOVED IT! I highly recommend booking this venue!

Profile Picture Ann, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a dinner reception at the Cosmopolitan to celebrate my daughter's wedding for 56 people. It was truly an amazing evening with the most delicious food, accommodating and responsive staff, and a beautiful setting. Everybody raved about the food and the venue, as well as the staff. I can't say enough good things about the Cosmopolitan and I'm so happy we celebrated my daughter's marriage at the Cosmopolitan!! Thank you for taking such good care of us!!

Profile Picture Sally, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely Perfect!!! So glad we went with Barra Barra Saloon (Cosmo was booked on ur day). The allowed us to have a DJ, candy table, and their wait stuff was fabulous!

Profile Picture Edna, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we were looking for our reception venue we were looking for a beautiful and unique location in San Diego. The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant could not beat any other location because it is beautiful, unique and it includes food, tables/chairs, bar, and it even has hotel rooms for guests/wedding party to stay - that sealed the deal for us! We wanted a place where we could get ready and easily go rest after the party without having to worry about driving. We booked the entire hotel (about 10 rooms - which are all unique and beautiful), since our wedding ended late at night. Lynn was very accessible throughout the entire planning process and always accommodating to our schedules when we had to meet. The food was delicious; we chose the buffet style. The drinks were great as well; we had a signature drink for cocktail hour and an open bar for three hours included in the package. I had a lot of items as part of the wedding decor, which I was able to drop off a few days before the wedding, including some lace lanterns to replace the regular red lanterns they have at the venue, and the staff installed them for us. We also made some special straws to be placed on our signature cocktail drinks and the bar staff placed one straw on each and every glass (about 150!). The restaurant/hotel manager was amazing to work with the day of the wedding, she was so sweet and accommodating. I cannot say enough good things about The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant! It is the perfect venue and it includes everything you need: food catering, bar, tables, chairs, you don't need to spend more on rentals unless you want a dance floor (we decided not to have one since there is concrete already and it looked perfect as it is). This venue is PICTURE PERFECT (our getting ready & party photos are amazing) and it is HISTORIC! Plus, you can spend the night and return for another stay/dinner for your anniversary! Thank you Old Town Cosmo for a beautiful and memorable wedding!

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved the veue. Not much to add to decorate other than flowers. Lynn was amazing!! She was very helpful the day of and met before to fine tune everything. Not to mention the food is absolutely delicious!!!!! Lot's of variety.
Thank you for making my special day even more amazing than what I expected.

Profile Picture Libia, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everyone was super nice and helpful at the Cosmopolitan. They helped us make our dream wedding happen with very little stress. We will be coming back just to stay and enjoy all of the great food and service when staying here. We would highly recommend anyone looking for a nice rustic location for a wedding.

Profile Picture User7088678, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Going through the planning process we were a little skeptical of just how everything would turn out on the day of our wedding. However, Lynn and the Cosmo truly delivered an amazing wedding reception for us. The food turned out to be amazing and a lot of our guests told us it was the best food they've had at a wedding. We didn't hear any complants about the service and from what we could tell it was great. The manager Robin was awesome and made sure that we were well taken care of on our day, we loved her humble personability. We were so happy with the way everything turned out and we're so glad that we picked to have our reception here, so many guests told us it was a perfect ambience thanks to the layout and feel of the venue. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We planned our wedding with the Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant from Michigan and would have not wanted anyone else. If you are searching for an event venue like no other then look no further. Their Event Coordinator was responsive, accommodating, and willing to work with us in every detail. It is not surprising that our wedding was perfect in every way. We booked the entire property for the weekend and the team was hospitable and welcoming to all of our guests. The actual day of the wedding was stress free and turned out amazing thanks to the professional team they have in place. As an added bonus, they are part of a larger property group that facilitated our rehearsal dinner at one of their sister properties. Food & Drink was amazing, even by Old Town standards. This place is a true gem, and a bargain. You definitely get more than you pay for!

Profile Picture Katrina, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Linens, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Chairs, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Wow!!! just about sums up my wedding day.The staff at the Cosmopolitan went above any expectations I could have had. My family and friends were so amazed by the service and staff, they were a regular discussion all night long. We had the best of times, a wonderful meal, and a great staff to take care of everything. As with any event, we had unexpected mishaps (see below), the staff did everything in their power to minimize the impact to us.
We have stayed at the Hotel many times before but this was our 1st event. It will now be our 1st to go place for all future events. If there were 10 stars I could rate from it would not be enough.
Example: Members of our family were in an accident coming down that day, the staff made sure meals were prepared and warmed for them when they arrived late, (really late).

Profile Picture Debra, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Chairs, Linens

One thing that was important to us when we were looking for a venue was that we wanted an outdoor venue that felt original- not your standard restaurant, beach view, or hotel ballroom. Something about the Cosmopolitan and Casa de Estudillo felt uniquely "us" and we knew right away we wanted to get married here. Everything about the venue turned out to be perfect. My husband and I can't stop reminiscing about how much fun we had, and we've gotten so many compliments from our guests. I love looking at our photos too- the Cosmo photographs SO WELL!!

Profile Picture Katie, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Chairs, Linens, Outside Cake

I can't recommend this venue enough.

After months of searching for places with nothing clicking, we contacted Lynn at the Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant in Old Town and were thrilled to discover not only that it was well within our budget, but the venue itself was absolutely gorgeous and full of history. She made every aspect of planning our wedding simple, easy and fun. Whenever we had a question, she would email us back quickly. The food was amazing and all of our guests raved about it.

I was stressed out and nervous the day of our wedding, and Lynn kept everything running smooth and efficient. We had a few rough patches (with our DJ, NOTHING to do with the hotel!) and she helped keep things on track. The staff attending to us that night and the next day were absolutely outstanding, especially Scott, Sean and Stephanie. Our honeymoon suite was perfect. And the drinks? Oh my god. Try the mojitos!

Please, do yourself a favor and have your wedding here. It's the best way to start your new life together! =)

- The Schmidts, Jessica & Erik

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Chairs

Lynn and the Cosmopolitan staff are such a pleasure to work with! They are more than helpful and attentive to the events, and always go above and beyond to make it a perfect day. I enjoy working with the staff and recommend this location any chance I get!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

We had our wedding at the Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant in October 2015. It is an absolutely beautiful wedding & we received nothing but positive feedback from everyone that attended! The location was stunning at night, the food was delicious (definitely get the ahi tuna tacos! amazing!!), the service was fantastic & the cost was very reasonable!! We had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend the venue!
We had 75 guests - the venue can accommodate more people but with this number it had a nice intimate feel and the layout made it still feel like we were using most of the space. We just rented the courtyard space and the hotel rooms (definitely rent the hotel rooms as soon as you book the venue - they do this separately from the wedding packages) for the night! I think the restaurant was still open inside but I didn't notice and no one wandered into our wedding.
We selected a buffet option and it was wonderful! Since many of our guests were visiting from the East Coast we want to stick with a southern california theme. It's not their traditional wedding package but we had surf & turf enchiladas and chicken poblano with a huge assortment of side dishes. Also, the churros got rave reviews from all our guests. Everything was hot and delicious at the buffet too and there was a TON of food! Everyone loved the food!
There are two ceremony options for the Cosmo 1) you can have your guests on the balcony overlooking a ceremony going on in the courtyard or 2) you can have it across in the casa estudilo gardens. We did the casa estudilo & it was absolutely beautiful!! I think in total it ended up being about $1,500 to have that additional space but it was unbelievable!
Lynne Simpson is fantastic and takes great care of her brides :) You do need to hire a day of coordinator though. I'd recommend hiring two people for this because it would have been nice to have someone coordinating with the cosmo staff and someone else wrangling our family and friends.

Profile Picture Molly, 10/11/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Outside Cake