The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant Reviews

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant 6
The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant 7

norma hirsh MOB · Married on 12/06/2018

The BEST wedding venue in San Diego

The Cosmopolitan deserves the HIGHEST,BEST rating. No venue nor staff could have been better, more agreeable, more helpful, etc. Lynn and Brandon surpassed my hopes and expectations. They gave our daughter the wedding of her dreams in every way.

Holli · Married on 11/11/2018

Absolutely phenomenal!

Where do I begin! Choosing to have our wedding at the Cosmopolitanism was the best decision we ever made. Lynn (Cosmo coordinator) was outstanding, she took care of any questions/concerns & was extremely flexible with our schedule. Lynn & her staff transformed the historic hotel into a fairytale for my husband and I. We chose the blueberry mojito as our welcome cocktail (to die for) & a buffet dinner for our 65 guests. Everyone was raving about the vegetarian lasagna & skirt steak.
    The Cosmo staff took care of everything for us & made our day so effortless. We chose to stay in the steely suite the night of our wedding (room 4/5) absolutely gorgeous.
    If you want a unique experience, amazing coordinator & beautiful culture surrounding you then look no further.

Sent on 11/30/2018

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant's reply:

Thank you, Holli, we absolutely loved working with you and getting know you and your husband Nico! Best to you always.
  • JFO-Love

Janelle · Married on 09/22/2018

Magical Wedding Celebration!

We had a wonderful experience getting married at the Cosmo! From the amazing and beautiful venue to the delicious food to the wonderful hospitality, everything was so great.

I was initially very nervous about all the attention that comes with a wedding, so I wanted to do a private ceremony for just my hubby and I, and then have a big party afterward, but my hubs wanted to invite everyone to the ceremony as well. I was simply so nervous about walking down a traditional aisle, with all those eyes on me, but when I saw the setup at the Cosmo, it really felt right. The courtyard was a perfect configuration because many of the guests could be up on the second-floor balcony. It felt so intimate and also non-traditional in just the right way.

Lynn and the entire staff were great to work with. They were responsive to questions and very accommodating. I probably visited the Cosmo eight or so times between when we booked it and the wedding, just so I could visualize the setup and décor, and even practice the timing of the processional song, and everyone was so understanding and helpful. The captains and bartenders were all so nice, and Brandon was great to work with on the hotel accommodations for the guests.

We booked all 10 rooms at the Cosmo for the Friday and Saturday of our wedding weekend, which saved us some money on the room costs. It was so fun to have the whole hotel to ourselves for that weekend. The rooms are old-fashioned and fun! It was really great getting ready in the bridal suite and stepping out onto the balcony for photos and drinks with friends. The whole experience felt pretty magical. Our friends and family who stayed at the Cosmo raved about what a unique and fun experience it was. Because we had the whole place booked, we didn’t really have a curfew for the DJ, so we were able to keep dancing til about midnight.

The food was delicious too! I was so busy dancing at the wedding that I missed the late-night taco stand and our dessert spread, but I heard very good things about them! The drinks were yummy as well.

The space is already so pretty and green so we didn’t need a lot of extra décor, which was nice. And the unique space made for some great moments, like when my hubby and I returned to the cocktail hour at on the balcony with our guests cheering below—such a fun grand entrance to the party!

Overall we were so happy with how everything turned out. It was a magical day and everyone raved about what a great wedding it was. I really credit the entire Cosmo staff with helping make it a reality for us!

Sent on 11/08/2018

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant's reply:

Thank you Janelle & Dryw, we all loved having you and your friends here to celebrate your wedding day and all the other days we got to see you throughout the process ;) You're the best!

Jeremy · Married on 08/18/2018

My wife and I absolutely loved the Cosmopolitan Hotel, it’s coordinator Lynn, the hotel staff and the venue in entirety.

Our ceremony was next door at the Casa de Estudillo. The ceremony went off without a hitch and was beautifully prepared and coordinated.

The reception itself was in the main area of the Cosmo. Working with Lynn, we were able to meet well beforehand to try the food, talk about the traditions we wanted to bring in, the settings, vendors and anything and everything else. The hotel staff was beyond perfect. We worked (you might say bothered or harassed) Brandon way too often but he never complained. We received smiles and a laugh each time we asked for something and needed his help. The term “overly accommodating” wouldn’t even do what he and Lynn did justice.

Lilli · Married on 08/17/2018

Lynn and the whole staff at the Cosmopolitan were such a joy to work with. We had our wedding reception at the Cosmo and I was at ease the whole way through, from my first meeting with Lynn up to "closing time" when we were packing up after the reception. It truly felt like a family event to me, which is what I wanted. I had about 70 guests - though the Cosmo is able to accommodate 250 or more. Service was seamless (we had plated meals). My guests and I were not waiting for our food. Food was A+. For Drinks we chose a signature cocktail that was off the menu but the bartender nailed what we were going for! In sum: I highly recommend the Cosmo for your wedding or your next gathering. I have nothing but praises for the Staff with the very capable leadership of Ms. Lynn Simpson. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Jorge · Married on 05/27/2018

Excellent job guys! Our wedding reception was a success. Thank you for the wonderful memories.

Jorge and Sandra Molina

Kaitlin · Married on 04/28/2018

We are so incredibly happy that we decided to hold our wedding at the Cosmopolitan! Lynn was a complete pleasure to work with, and she had answers to all of our questions, regardless of how many we sent. We really loved the fact that the Cosmopolitan offers both the ceremony and reception venue (we opted to have our ceremony in the courtyard, with some guests watching from the upstairs balcony) - it was so convenient and made the day feel so relaxed since we were able to stay at the hotel the night before, wake up already on-site, and not have to travel at all once the night was done!

So many of our guests made it a point to let us know how much they loved the venue - its different from most wedding venues we’ve been to, and our guests really appreciated its uniqueness! It is such a warm, welcoming place, and everyone felt comfortable and was able to just have a good time! The Cosmopolitan is the type of venue that is appropriate for any style of wedding. We already knew we wanted a less fancy, “dressy casual” wedding, and that worked out wonderfully, but you could easily hold a wedding on the more formal end here as well. There was plenty of space for the younger kids to hang out, and a good number of hotels available within walking distance for those guests not staying at the Cosmopolitan itself (we had most of our wedding party stay on-site).

I have Celiac Disease, as do a couple other members of my family, so we wanted to have all of the food at our wedding be gluten free. Lynn assured us that that would be no problem for the Cosmopolitan, and we were not disappointed! We were able to have our complete tasting and then our complete wedding buffet prepared gluten free, so that I was able to eat every single item - and it was all delicious! For the bar, Lynn was able to add the extra hard cider that we were hoping for, no problem!

We couldn’t imagine a better place to have had our wedding and we are looking forward to returning!

Shanda · Married on 04/21/2018

The Cosmopolitan Hotel has so much charm and character! I fell in love with it the first time I stepped onto it’s vine covered patio. But before I go on, I need to disclose that we ended up shifting directions with our wedding date and plans, and ultimately did not book this venue. However, I still feel inclined to leave a review based on my wonderful experience. I worked with Lynn Simpson who went above and beyond to create a completely custom proposal to match the type of reception we had in mind. When I met with her in person she was attentive, and I felt that she truly understood our vision. Her follow up communication was excellent as we hammered out the details over the next couple weeks. The prices we were quoted were extremely reasonable for what was included, and I loved the idea of renting out all ten rooms and pretty much having the place to ourselves. There aren’t too many venues that offer that luxury.

The Cosmo has continued to be one of our favorite spots for brunch on a beautiful day, not just for the atmosphere and great location in the center of Old Town, but because we love their food! If you have a chance to try their short rib benedict – go for it!

Emily · Married on 10/28/2017

What can I say- planning a wedding from overseas was so easy with all of the help from the Cosmo! Lynn, Robin and the team accommodated us and or guests so well. Everyone has been raving about the wedding and the service provided. We HIGHLY recommend!!!!

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant 8
    The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant 9
    The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant 10

toby · Married on 10/22/2017

We got married here last weekend and it was absolutely amazing!! The venue is beautiful and couldn't get more authentic San Diego. Lynn and her staff at the venue are so great! They helped us setup, decorate and even got stuck in putting up lanterns and lights... So helpful and accommodating and the food was really great too! Thank you. Thank you!!

• I

issalia · Married on 07/14/2017

Loved it all. Lynn is the best!

carson · Married on 07/14/2017

My wife Issalia and i could not be more happy with the wedding we had at the Cosmopolitan. Lynn and the staff were amazing. If you have having trouble deciding, let me ease your mind. BOOK IT NOW. You will not regret it. My guests are still raving about the food.

Andrea · Married on 06/10/2017

I would recommend this venue for any celebration! I had my wedding reception here and it was perfect in every way. The staff were friendly, fun, and super helpful.

Emily · Married on 05/07/2017

I just recently had my wedding this month, I was lucky enough to have rain. Lynn was absolutely amazing. All of the staff was accommodating and super on top of EVERYTHING. We choose to do a buffet and all of the food was bragged about the whole night. ! Exceptional service . Definitely Consider this venue for genuine hospitality and a vintage feel to your special day !!!

Angie · Married on 04/29/2017

We could not have been more thrilled with our wedding. All the planning was done by Rosanna and every detail was spectacular !!!! Our intimate in-suite wedding was truly beautiful, intimate, sophisticated and effortless!

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2016

When my fiance and I got engaged we knew we wanted something a little different. We wanted a "destination feel" wedding without actually flying somewhere , and did not want the party of our life to end at 10pm like most venues. We wanted it to be FUN & memorable more than anything. None of that ballroom, stale round tables feel ...hehe. Number one, location of The Cosmopolitan is amazing. It was so fun having the whole hotel upstairs rented out for the bridal party all weekend, and seeing people hanging out in old town and at the hotel nearby. It felt like a small little wedding town! Not to mention how beautiful it was for my bridesmaids and I to be able to hang out on the veranda, facing Old town Historic park and pop a bottle of champagne while seeing the guest trickle in to the ceremony site (La Casa Estudillo).

The venue itself is gorgeous beyond belief...Our wedding theme was vintage elegance. The venue already has so many beautiful plants, lights, and decor that we didn't need to overdue it with flowers or decorations. Working with Lynn who coordinates the wedding events was an absolute pleasure, she helped us navigate through last minute changes and really became more like a friend than venue coordinator.

The food and cocktails were top notch and the absolute best part, the part my guests still are raving over was the "after party" which we decided to do which took place inside the beautiful cosmopolitan, once the wedding was technically "over". We had a live Colombian Salsa band and danced until 1am ! We also provided a gourmet taco bar which our guests absolutely LOVED! Let me tell you, you pay far too much money to have your wedding end at 10pm and then have everyone go somewhere else for an "after party". Let this be your everything! Best part all we had to do was go upstairs at the end of the night :) Overall it was the most beautiful and special day of our life. The Cosmopolitan and its amazing staff delivered everything and MORE!!

• F

flo · Married on 10/29/2016

Our wedding date was back on October 29, 2016, This venue is absolutely beautiful. I got so many compliments on the venue.
    We stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding which was very convenient !
    Lynn was very helpful and took care of everything on the day of the wedding I didn't even have to worry about anything she was able to coordinate the vendors that arrived and everything went very smoothly , ( and if it didn't I was none the wiser)
    The ceremony place in the courtyard was beautiful and the guests really liked that they could view the ceremony from the balcony !
    We had our wedding lunch in the dining room and it was perfect for the 55 people that we had attend and offered a nice, cozy and intimate setting for our wedding lunch.
    The food was very very good and the service was phenomenal , the entire service staff was very professional and friendly !
    thank you Cosmopolitan ! well see you next year when we come to stay for our first anniversary !!!!

Sent on 11/11/2016

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant's reply:

Thank you, Flo, it was a joy!

Me · Married on 10/15/2016

Our daughter chose this venue because of the unique comfortable, relaxing atmosphere. The evening was magical. Lynn was easy to work with and the staff very attentive. Being the mother of the bride I missed the hor d'oeurves, someone told me the bacon wrapped figs were amazing! I mentioned this to Robin and she asked the chef if there were any left. The answer was no but he'd make more up for me! They were delicious! And the entire evening went like that! There was nothing that was too much trouble.

I definitely recommend this venue!

Ann · Married on 09/24/2016

When asked what advice I have for couples thinking about booking the Cosmo, all I have to say is DO IT! The Cosmo was a perfect place for our wedding reception. We got Married on September 24th and had a reception to follow and it was worth every penny. I liked that they took care of the dance floor, lighting, and food. It was a one stop shop besides, DJ, Flowers, and Photographer. Lynn, the wedding coordinator, was wonderful to work with. I was trying to plan everything from a distance since I was in Alaska and she is experienced in Weddings/Receptions so she was very helpful. I probably asked her a million questions, and asked for her advice just as much and she always had the most perfect answers. VERY HELPFUL! The entire staff at the Cosmo was very nice and helpful too. When we went to set up the morning of the wedding we needed to borrow a few things and needed a little help and even though they were setting up for brunch, they did not mind taking a second to help us. The staff that worked the event at night were amazing and super nice to all our guests. I had countless complements on how beautiful the venue was from our guests and we were also amazed as we walked for the first time married! The food was always fantastic. I just wish I had more time to eat, or room in my dress to fit it all in! We had the Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon and it was so yummy, we missed the cocktail hour when those were served, because of photos, but the staff has saved some for us, and those were the first to go! Really, I can not express how perfect this venue was for us. WE LOVED IT! I highly recommend booking this venue!

Sally · Married on 07/30/2016

I had a dinner reception at the Cosmopolitan to celebrate my daughter's wedding for 56 people. It was truly an amazing evening with the most delicious food, accommodating and responsive staff, and a beautiful setting. Everybody raved about the food and the venue, as well as the staff. I can't say enough good things about the Cosmopolitan and I'm so happy we celebrated my daughter's marriage at the Cosmopolitan!! Thank you for taking such good care of us!!

Edna · Married on 07/16/2016

Absolutely Perfect!!! So glad we went with Barra Barra Saloon (Cosmo was booked on ur day). The allowed us to have a DJ, candy table, and their wait stuff was fabulous!

Barbara · Married on 07/16/2016

When we were looking for our reception venue we were looking for a beautiful and unique location in San Diego. The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant could not beat any other location because it is beautiful, unique and it includes food, tables/chairs, bar, and it even has hotel rooms for guests/wedding party to stay - that sealed the deal for us! We wanted a place where we could get ready and easily go rest after the party without having to worry about driving. We booked the entire hotel (about 10 rooms - which are all unique and beautiful), since our wedding ended late at night. Lynn was very accessible throughout the entire planning process and always accommodating to our schedules when we had to meet. The food was delicious; we chose the buffet style. The drinks were great as well; we had a signature drink for cocktail hour and an open bar for three hours included in the package. I had a lot of items as part of the wedding decor, which I was able to drop off a few days before the wedding, including some lace lanterns to replace the regular red lanterns they have at the venue, and the staff installed them for us. We also made some special straws to be placed on our signature cocktail drinks and the bar staff placed one straw on each and every glass (about 150!). The restaurant/hotel manager was amazing to work with the day of the wedding, she was so sweet and accommodating. I cannot say enough good things about The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant! It is the perfect venue and it includes everything you need: food catering, bar, tables, chairs, you don't need to spend more on rentals unless you want a dance floor (we decided not to have one since there is concrete already and it looked perfect as it is). This venue is PICTURE PERFECT (our getting ready & party photos are amazing) and it is HISTORIC! Plus, you can spend the night and return for another stay/dinner for your anniversary! Thank you Old Town Cosmo for a beautiful and memorable wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2016

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant's reply:

We all loved getting to know you as well as the way you decorated, Thank you!

Libia · Married on 07/03/2016

I loved the veue. Not much to add to decorate other than flowers. Lynn was amazing!! She was very helpful the day of and met before to fine tune everything. Not to mention the food is absolutely delicious!!!!! Lot's of variety.
    Thank you for making my special day even more amazing than what I expected.

Sent on 10/20/2016

The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant's reply:

Thank you, Libia we loved having you!

Josh · Married on 06/10/2016

Everyone was super nice and helpful at the Cosmopolitan. They helped us make our dream wedding happen with very little stress. We will be coming back just to stay and enjoy all of the great food and service when staying here. We would highly recommend anyone looking for a nice rustic location for a wedding.