Corcoran Caterers Reviews

Corcoran Caterers 3
Corcoran Caterers 4
Corcoran Caterers 5

Laura · Married on 07/02/2011

Leslie and Corcoran are amazing! My husband and I are sooo happy that we chose them for our wedding day. When I began looking into caterers I was a little skeptical I would be able to find a company that would understand the type of event we were going for. But as soon as we spoke with Leslie and we began talking about our food and decor visions for the day I knew they were the ones to go with. Nothing was impossible, the ideas started spiraling, in a good way. She was able to take all of our ideas and expand on them. At our tasting it was great, we would get to talking and she would jump up and say "Oh my gosh! I have to show you this one thing we have!" And soon we were going through props and all these things that would come together to complete our look for our buffet.

They were also so accommodating! One of my big conditions was that there would be NO chafing dishes to be seen on our buffet! Together we were able to come up with a menu that worked. Hot food, cold food, everything was perfectly executed. Serving food in ways that's not just hot or not just cold takes planning, and Corcoran has it down. Everything was displayed so beautifully, the fact that we eat with our eyes is true, but everything actually tasted delicious too! Our guests were raving about the rack of lamb. And the tortellini salad! I had agreed to the salad making it on the menu because I knew we needed a veggie pasta option. But it blew everyone away! Everyone was talking about it and going back for seconds and thirds. Everything, was delicious and beautiful. I guess that's one of the big reasons I liked Corcoran, they understand that having food displayed in an attractive way adds so much to the experience of eating the food.

And dessert! Leslie and the chef's went above and beyond for what we had planned for our ice cream bar. My husband and I opted for no cake, because we don't like it, but we loove ice cream, and it's our wedding so we can do what we want! Originally I was scared our ice cream bar was looking a little too banana split-ish. In the end it was the best combination of sorbet and fresh fruit toppings we could have ever imagined! We were in heaven! They really made sure to complete our vision.

And the staff... what an amazing group! Weddings should be fun events for all and I was so happy to see the staff having fun too! Our bartender was behind the bar dancing along to the music, our food servers were all smiles, everyone was so helpful! And I even snuck back in the prep room for a picture with the staff, it's a favorite from the evening!

So thank you Leslie and everyone at Corcoran for turning our wedding visions into reality! And not just the food... the space was beautiful! Everything came together so well, they knew just where to fill in the blanks. Thank you again!

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 05/28/2011

Hands down one of the best caterers in the DC metro area!! Leslie and her team made my day the most memorable and scrumptious day any bride could ask for!!

Sent on 08/21/2012
  • I

Ilana · Married on 05/07/2011

From the first time Leslie from Corcoran Caterers got on the phone with me, I knew we had found the right caterer for our wedding. All the other places I called asked what we liked on their menu and only talked about pricing. Leslie immediately asked what kind of food we like, our favorite restaurant in DC, our style, and even information about our jobs, engagement, and hobbies.

Leslie was always prompt with responding to any questions, and was extremely detail oriented. The day of the event, she was more than just a caterer, she took care of some many details to help make the night flow perfectly. All of the food service and set-up staff were friendly, professional, and seemed to enjoy being part of our event.

Besides all that, the food was exceptional. The presentation was beautiful, everything was well prepared, and tasted great- almost three weeks later, people are still raving about it. We were able to create a unique menu that represented who we are, while still meeting the needs of all our family and friends with very different tastes diets.

I would recommend Corcoran Caterers and Leslie to anyone getting married in the DC area; they helped make our day amazing, but also made all the planning and preparation stress free!

Sent on 05/23/2011

Toby · Married on 10/03/2010

Our wedding was October 3rd, 2010. Javier and Corcoran Catering are exceptional. They went above and beyond our expectations. They are far superior to other caterers in the area. Their presentation was chic and the food was incredible. The guests (which included food critics) were moaning and raving about the meal. Javier was wonderful to work with both professionally and personally. Amazing! My wife and I were so happy.

Sent on 10/10/2010
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 07/24/2010

We do not have enough good things to say about Corcoran and we could not have picked a better caterer.

We discovered Corcoran at a bridal expo and were immediately impressed with the quality and presentation of their food. We decided to work with Sue Pavlinski who was absolutely fantastic. She helped us plan our menu every step of the way and used her experience to assist us in creating exactly the menu we wanted.

Corcoran excelled at all of the small details. One of the nice touches was a platter of delicious food given to the bridal party before the ceremony began. Corcoran went above and beyond to take care of the bride and groom and our bridal party.

On our wedding day, the hottest day of the year, Corcoran was working their hardest. Once the ceremony was over, Corcoran greeted the guests with water and our signature drink, a key lime martini. Also at that time, Corcoran's amazing wait staff began passing light hors d'oeuvres to all of the guests.

Behind the scenes, Corcoran was putting together the most amazing food display I've ever seen. Once they invited the guests into the dining room to eat, we were blown away by the amount of food and the presentation. Corcoran always kept the presentation looking its best. In addition, the food itself was absolutely amazing. We went with buffet style dining and our tapas-like spread offered our guests a wide variety of flavors. The meat was juicy and everything was exactly like at our tasting. In addition, the presentation took it up another notch!

Throughout the whole night, the wait staff worked incredibly hard, but did it with such grace and class. We were really impressed. They never left a glass empty and no one went without their needs being met. Lastly, the bartenders were fantastic. They handled a rather young crowd very well and kept up. Everyone was happy.

Working with Sue was absolutely wonderful and she made us feel so at ease. She was dependable and we knew we didn't have to worry about the food or drinks at all. To this day, we still hear that we had the "best wedding food ever." We couldn't agree more.

Sent on 01/28/2011

Olivia · Married on 07/06/2008

perfect! she was as excited as I was! we had an ice cream buffet and a beautiful brides cake and grooms cake. gorgeous! very professional and very talented.

Sent on 12/04/2008

HELEN · Married on 09/15/2007

I met Kevin Kozak from Corcoran Caterers during the January bridal expo at the Glenview Mansion. Having gone to several of these already, I had spoken with dozens of caterers but none of them could hold a candle to Kevin. He had everything that the other caterers either didn’t have or weren’t able to communicate. Kevin’s sharp mind, extensive knowledge about the wedding industry, and personable manner blew me away. Being an extremely organized planner myself, I knew I had to hire a caterer that could maintain a level of professionalism, commitment and efficiency that well exceeded the average. And that is exactly what I got!

All of the communication I had with Kevin over the nine months I was planning my wedding was prompt and thorough. All of my questions were answered and all of my needs and requests were addressed immediately. It is often said that in planning a wedding you always end up going over budget, but in fact we ended under budget thanks to Corcoran’s reasonable pricing and Kevin’s diligence.

We had a ball at our tasting. The presentation was outstanding and the food worthy of three Michelin stars. Kevin’s extraordinary service included his attendance at the rehearsal the night before the wedding where he played the role of conductor, effortlessly organizing and directing our enormous wedding party. As a result of the detailed practice, the intricate timing of our sunset ceremony was achieved completely seamlessly. Throughout the entire reception Kevin seemed to be everywhere at once – managing all of the elements of the party so that my husband and I and our guests were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. He played the role of a day-of wedding planner running the whole show, but since he was involved from the very beginning he knew exactly how the event was supposed to go and what our vision was- a priceless asset. By the last few weeks leading up to the wedding we felt almost like Kevin was a part of the family; or at least we wish he was. Kevin is a GEM and I would recommend him for any event!

Sent on 10/22/2007

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2007

If you see this caterer on your preferred vendors list, RUN, don't walk, to the phone and call them asap! This vendor far exceeded my expectations throughout the wedding planning process and at the wedding itself.

Corcoran Caterers is a smaller catering company based in Silver Spring. My contact there was Kevin Kozak. My experience with them was simply incredible. Their food was excellent and beautifully presented. The prices were lower than any other proposal I received. And from the start they were significantly more responsive to my emails and phone calls.

We were about three hours late for our first tasting. When we arrived, they were professional and completely understanding of our lateness. The food was extremely tasty despite the fact it had probably been sitting around for three hours. The head of the company himself helped serve the food. Kevin arranged a second tasting for me later at no charge when I changed my mind about what appetizers I wanted. The mini crab cakes are delicious!! Kevin and the chef even accomodated our special request to have macaroni and cheese at the tasting and later at the wedding (it was not initially on the menu of potential food selections).

It seems like Kevin has worked a bazillion weddings. He knows everything about all the details associated with a wedding, not just the food. He even came to our rehearsal to help with the walk-through, for no extra charge. He fed our vendors at no extra charge. We did a buffet (which was beautifully presented) and he had a waiter assigned to me and my husband all night, bringing us food, drinks and making sure we were fed and happy.

I don't know what I would have done if I had not hired this vendor. The entire week before the wedding I was so calm because I knew he was on top of everything. On several occasions my mother commented to me, "don't worry, Kevin is on it!" In retrospect, I think hiring a good caterer is the single most important decision you will make when wedding planning. They really can make or break your event. We lucked out BIG TIME by hiring them. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 09/14/2007

Heidi · Married on 05/09/2007

The food at our wedding was absolutely perfect. It tasted great, and looked amazing. We would recommend Corcoran Caterers to anyone!

Sent on 05/29/2010

JMBWife · Married on 04/29/2006

Corcoran was AWESOME! The food was soooo good and the service was impeccable. They were willing to give us whatever we wanted. They never told us "no".

Sent on 01/07/2008

Melissa · Married on 05/06/2018

We would absolutely recommend Corcoran! They catered an absolutely delicious meal for our wedding – we chose a Mediterranean-style meal, served family style. We worked with Laura, who was an absolute rockstar. She gave us multiple menu options from the get-go and worked with us to find the one we wanted, as well as helped us reach the price point that was within our budget. Even more, she was able to give us some suggestions of other vendors to help us save some money on items we were interested in having at the wedding. She also was highly responsive to questions throughout the planning process. Laura arranged a tasting for the menu, and then was receptive to and implemented the changes we suggested to the menu. We can’t recommend Corcoran enough!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Mariko · Married on 09/03/2017

Sue and her team made the dining part of our wedding an absolute dream. She met with us several times to revise our menu and helped us cut costs where possible, never putting pressure on us to spend more than we were comfortable with. She was also extremely helpful in asking general questions (where we were getting our chairs, what color scheme we had in mind, how long each portion of the evening would run) that we hadn't thought through yet. On our wedding day, she was responsive, flexible, and attentive in every way. We got rave reviews on every single dish as well as on the service, which was extremely prompt and friendly. I would DEFINITELY recommend Corcoran Caterers to anyone planning a wedding in the DMV!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Rebecca · Married on 08/28/2016

We worked with Laura at Corcoran and I feel like we got a catering point person, wedding planner and venue guru all in one. She herself got married at our venue and gave us so much advice that felt above and beyond what's required. I never felt rushed by her in meetings or silly for asking certain questions. And most of all, when we requested a Hungarian entree that her chef had never done, they rolled with it and did a delicious job. They were also very considerate about dietary needs around kosher and vegan. Super professional and on top of everything!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Laura was actually recommended to me by a friend since not only did she get married at my venue, she was catering to it too! When I met up with her, I knew she would be our caterer. She is extremely friendly, responsible, and organized. She worked with us (many times) to come up with a good menu as well as guided us on what works well with our guests. We went in for a tasting - though the area feels in the middle of nowhere - the food was very good! I would definitely recommend Laura and her team to anyone!

Sent on 06/18/2015

We held our event at Woodend Sanctuary. The table settings were stunning, and we received so many compliments about the food. Leslie was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this catering service.

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • User3902023 · 2+ years ago

Leslie was a pleasure to deal with - someone whose experience and affinity for this work are very obvious. The vegan food Corcoran provided was elegant and delicious, the tables were gorgeous and just as my daughter the bride wanted them, and Leslie finessed a last-second move from the grove at Woodend Sanctuary to the portico, including moving the chuppah, because the light rain had wet the chairs she'd set up in the grove.

The only element I assigned a bit less than a 5 was responsiveness, and that was because we did not get prompt responses to some questions. But overall, it was an excellent experience.

Sent on 02/13/2014

My daughter got married last weekend at Woodend and everything was great. We worked closely with Leslie and she was a joy to work with. The food and presentation were fantastic and the set up was perfect. In addition to everything, Leslie let us save on costs by letting us buy the alcohol ourselves as well as the food for stationary hors d'oeuvres (hummus, cheese, crackers, bread and nuts), which Corcoran then put out. Corcoran made the butlered hot hors d'oeuvres (latkes, crab and corn fritters, and jerk chicken skewers). Dinner was a plated salad (tomato and avocado), followed by a buffet with carved roast beef, balsamic glazed salmon, and chicken. The rutabaga and potato puree and sauteed vegetables were outstanding. On top of that they made one special vegan entree for one of our guests. Be aware that Maryland sales tax applies to the entire bill. That was not included in early estimates and caught us by surprise a bit when we made our final payment.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Dan · Married on 09/08/2012

Leslie Grimes was so on the ball it was truly impressive! From the very first meeting with her, we knew she'd take care of us and our wedding like it was the only thing on her plate (which of course, it wasn't--but you'd never know!). I heard rave reviews about the food, the service, and never ever worried about a thing. The day of, there was a tornado threat and severe thunderstorms, Leslie never fretted, and pulled off a ceremony & reception set up in the same area of our venue in seriously less than an hour. We loved her creativity with our menu, the ideas were amazing, and everything was OUTSTANDING.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Kara · Married on 03/31/2012

I worked with Leslie at Corcoran who provided a superb meal and great service at a very reasonable cost. I interviewed (and attempted to get quotes) from at least 4 other caterers and Corcoran was by far the most responsive and reasonable. Leslie was also the most familiar with our venue (the Silver Spring Civic Building), which worked out well.

Leslie worked with my sketchy ideas and somewhat low budget (once my fiancé got involved, it increased!) to produce a terrific, interesting meal (starter of a soup “shot” and small salad + Chesapeake Rockfish + Steak) for about 130 people. She was also up-front about what the company could and couldn’t do, budget-wise. Leslie and the staff at Corcoran also provided appropriate and delicious meals for several vegetarian friends (seriously, I wish I had ordered that meal), about 6 different sets of significant food allergies (including gluten + dairy intolerance), AND food for our kids’ room. I really appreciated their flexibility and willingness to figure out foods that all our guests could eat and enjoy. They were also willing to allow us to supply our own beer and wine (which they served)—and which was a major cost savings for us.

Finally, they provided our wedding cake, including one classic-white layer at my request that the baker had to come up with a new recipe for. It was delicious.

We did have a couple of miscommunications regarding who was doing what (like the room layout) at the
    last minute, but I take responsibility for that too. I did find that it was more effective to chat on the phone than email on more complicated matters—which was a learning experience for me.

I highly recommend Corcoran (and Leslie) and would use them for another event in future. I thought they did a great job.

Sent on 04/17/2012

Jeanette · Married on 09/04/2011

I almost didn't call Corcoran because their website was so nice, I assumed they would be out of our budget. But they were one of the few caterers in the D.C. area willing to work with our budget (about $75 per person) and helpful in making budget-conscious decisions (for example, we provided the wine and beer ourselves and Corcoran did not charge any corking fee to serve it). Once we had our free tasting of the exact menu we'd selected (which few other caterers offer), we knew we needed to look no further. Sue was just a pleasure to work with, and she really made sure things ran smoothly on the day of the event. She is such a sweet woman and so encouraging along the way. She had suggestions and questions about the day's timeline and venue layout that I hadn't thought of, which was great. I would highly recommend Corcoran to anyone. Everyone was very complimentary of the service and the food!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Linah · Married on 10/09/2010

Two thumbs up for Corcoran Caterers! It was such a pleasure working with Sue Pavlinksi, who is professional, creative, thoughtful, timely, and helps put brides and their families at ease. From the beginning we were confident that the food would taste great (the private tasting was incredible) and the service would be great with Sue in charge. We got even more than we expected! Most people ordered the beef tenderloin and everyone's was cooked perfectly-not overdone like at so many weddings, though we did have a smaller crowd with 65 people. The service was impeccable with friendly wait staff and everything went so smoothly. When we were taking family photos during the cocktail hour, a Corcoran waitress approached us with a tray of hors d'oevres to make sure we were fed! The bartender was generous and friendly and really took care of our guests. Sue even brought me glasses of wine so I wouldn't have to wait, checked in just enough to make sure everything was going smoothly, and even taught my husband and me how to do the cake cutting (something we had totally overlooked) a couple minutes before it was time! She handled the wedding with such ease and working with Sue was such a pleasure. Every food item was delicious - I highly recommend the beef tenderloin and chicken picatta and we got rave reviews about the butternut squash soup appetizer (perfect for a fall wedding)! I highly recommend working with Corcoran for your wedding and go with Sue!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Sue · Married on 06/20/2009

I truly couldn't have asked for more for my wedding. People still mention how perfect the food and setup was. I was able to put my trust in them to coordinate with my venue and DJ. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/13/2009

Suzanne · Married on 05/17/2009

Kudos to Corcoran for a job well done. The food got excellent reviews from our guests, the presentation of it was lovely, and Martha was a pleasure to work with. We had a bit of delayed responsiveness in the early planning but in the days leading up the wedding Martha gave us great, focused attention and was flexible to swap in a chimichurri sauce for the steak and to swap in type of wine we'd chosen.

We also LOVED our cake! In our selection, Corcoran stood out because it was a caterer who would also do wedding cake and delightful dessert selections. The cake was the first thing that I saw when I walked into our wedding site on the day of the wedding and it was absolutely perfect. It looked even better than we expected and really set the mood for a great day! (And it was delicious, too).

Sent on 05/27/2009

Donna Weinstein · Married on 10/21/2018

Wonderful food and excellent service

We worked with Laura Hennigan at our daughter's wedding at Woodend Sanctuary and Mansion. They were the caterer we chose after looking at several others on Woodend's list of approved caterers. We could not have been happier with our decision. Laura is very familiar with the venue but I know she (and Corcoran) would do an excellent job anywhere. She is smart, energetic, knows food, is calm and resourceful.
    Laura is honest and doesn't promise what she doesn't feel she can deliver at the high level she feels appropriate.
    We loved both the food and its presentation and got many compliments on the hors d'oevres and the entrees. We used their cake and it was both beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

Delicious food, professional service

Corcoran did an amazing job catering our wedding! We were extra particular about our caterer because we had a unique meal in mind: plated tacos that were authentic Mexican street fare quality. We also had a specific recipe we wanted for our specialty cocktail, fresh lime margaritas. Corcoran did not disappoint in either regard! The tasting session was very helpful, not to mention delicious. There were some minor communication issues but I understand this is part of working with a busy catering business during wedding season. Overall Sue was lovely to work with throughout the process and made us feel totally taken care of on our wedding day. Our guests raved about the food and it was exactly what we'd hoped for. I would definitely recommend Corcoran!

Sent on 10/19/2018