Corcoran Caterers Reviews

Corcoran Caterers 7
  • Brittany

Brittany Beth · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

Hiring Corcoran Caterers for our wedding at President Lincoln’s Cottage was one of the best decisions we made. Sue was a pleasure to work with and made our wedding so special! Every detail was perfect, from the delicious summer menu, to the sundae bar, even down to the bold table clothes. Our friends are still raving about the quality of the food, and we were blown away by the quality of the service. Sue and her team are outstanding and we would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Christine

Christine Ramirez · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolute Perfection

We couldn't be happier with Corcoran Catering and their amazing service at our wedding reception. Laura and her team were very professional, knowledgable, and experienced. We were able to meet with them several times before the big day and had a very thorough walk through at the actual venue with them that made us feel calm and confident going into our wedding weekend. Everything from the floor plan to the food selection to the service staff was perfection! We can't thank them enough for all their wonderful work and highly recommend to any couples in the DC metro area!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Corcoran Caterers 8
    Corcoran Caterers 9
  • Beth

Beth Blair · Married on 07/06/2019

Delicious Food and True Professionals

When we started doing tastings for caterers for our wedding, my husband indicated he wanted food that was amazing. I responded that no one went to a wedding for the food, so as long as it was pretty good, no one got sick, and we didn't run out, we didn't need to set such high expectations.

Laura and Corcoran blew our expectations out of the water. It's a month later and friends are still commenting that the food was delicious when we talk about the night. From the hors d'oeuvres to the desserts, they were delicious and presented beautifully. We had a buffet, but there wasn't a chafing dish or warming tray in site. My parents commented afterwards that they didn't know catered food could look, or taste, so delicious.

Working with Laura was fantastic as well. From the very beginning, she presented a proposal that was inclusive and as we discussed final details, she was very clear about anything that was extra (very little was). In the end, the per person cost was less than what was in the original proposal, despite using gold rimmed china, chiavari chairs, their votive candles and other little extras.

As we discussed setup around the venue, schedule for the evening and contingency plans for weather, it was clear Laura knew what she was doing and had been through it all before. Laura went above and beyond. When a torrential rainstorm came through during our cocktail hour, Laura was carrying the tables and decorations inside herself. We provided a wedding cake, but didn't have any flowers added by the bakery because they weren't comfortable with succulents. I provided some fake succulents to Laura and Corcoran made it look beautiful.

All of the wait and bar staff was attentive, considerate and professional. We were responsible for providing our own liquor. Corcoran did a great job of only chilling what was necessary so the extras could be returned.

I really can't say enough good things about working with Corcoran and Laura. They helped make our wedding celebration everything I dreamed of and more.

(Photos uploaded are from photographer Tina dela Rosa Photography)

Sent on 08/14/2019
    Corcoran Caterers 10
    Corcoran Caterers 11
    Corcoran Caterers 12
    Corcoran Caterers 13

Laura · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing caterer and more!

Can't say enough good things about Corcoran. Not only was the food and decor incredible, they did a wonderful job coordinating logistics to make everything go seamlessly. Our Corcoran coordinator (also Laura!) was just amazing to work with.

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Andrea L.

Andrea · Married on 06/08/2019

Still talking about the food!

I can't say enough great things about this place! My husband and I worked with Laura and she is the sweetest! Our guests are still telling us just how much the enjoyed the food saying it was the best food they've had at a wedding. We are looking for an excuse to get them to cater any event we may have in the future, especially if we get their crab cakes! Laura was willing to work with us to create a menu that was exactly what we wanted. She helped us when our parents had the same questions over and over. The day of our wedding (June 8th of this year), everything went so smoothly. All the food was brought out quickly and it was all very fresh and extremely tasty!

Sent on 07/04/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 06/01/2019

Catering excellence

Maryana and her team executed our wedding catering logistics flawlessly. They exercised a meticulous attention to detail from decorating the cake to furnishing our table settings. Maryana was with us every step of the way through every small email and questions From the first tasting to picking the table settings. She was there on the day of the wedding and was involved with our wedding planner every step of the way.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Alanna · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing food and staff

We absolutely loved working with Sue and Corcoran. Corcoran was our first taste testing and my husband didn’t even want to try other vendors after meeting them. (I convinced him to try one more). From the beginning, Sue was excellent at shaping a menu that fit our interests and thought of everything! She recommended a unique table layout for our reception that illustrated her understanding of us as a couple (oval with dance floor in middle) and was so incredibly thorough about all our linens for other vendors (DJ, etc) that we were confident everything was covered. I could put my event planning experience to the side and completely trust Corcoran.

Their list price is slightly higher than other companies but that is because they don’t nickle and dime you. For example, there is no extra charge for cake cutting.

And of course the food! Our guests have attended A LOT of weddings and absolutely raved about the risotto bar, shooters, and even thoughtful touches like putting baileys next to the coffee bar. We have received so many compliments about the food!

In short- highly recommend this team for great food, ease of working with them, and very positive people who are friends rather than vendors.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Tacy

Tacy Lambiase · Married on 05/05/2019

Awesome Company, Coordinator, Wedding Day!

We are so happy that we worked with Laura and Corcoran Caterers for our big day! They were professional, helpful, flexible, and gave our guests a fantastic experience. Some highlights:

-Laura was an amazing coordinator to work with, and I am so grateful that I had her on my team. Not only was she married at my venue (how cool!), but she was very detail-oriented, attentive, and had great ideas and suggestions for how to make our reception great. I trusted her completely, and she delivered.

-The food was amazing! After our tasting (awesome), Laura helped us to put together a brunch buffet that was beautiful and so tasty (with a waffle bar!). Our guests loved it, too.

-It rained pretty much all day on our wedding, and we had to adjust our plans and layouts to move the ceremony and cocktail hour indoors. Laura and her team were flexible and easily adjusted to accommodate the change. Our guests thought that everything worked out great, and that having the party inside might have been even better than doing it outdoors!

Bottom line: Corcoran Catering is amazing, and I would highly recommend working with them for your wedding or special event. Thank you for everything, Laura and Corcoran!!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Amelia

Amelia · Married on 12/01/2018

Actually GREAT wedding food

As I felt with many of our vendors, the moment we spoke with Sue at Corcoran, I knew we needed to work with her. She was incredible and sweet. She provided guidance that we needed and helped us stay within a budget. She met with us a couple of times before the wedding AND was always available to answer any questions.

We had tastings with two other caterers before meeting with Sue and Corcoran, and the tastings were not great. Our private tasting with Corcoran went far beyond any expectations we had previously, and we knew that we found our caterer. THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE. Like, it was actually good. Guests loved it. I actually ate on my wedding day. My husband ate. People had seconds.

The staff was incredible. Everything was seamless. It was such a pleasure working with Corcoran. We highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Kate · Married on 09/15/2018

Corcoran Caterers provided fantastic food and incredible service for a very reasonable price - plus, working with Sue was an absolute dream! First, the quality of the food was excellent. We received numerous compliments from guests about the food at our wedding. In particular, everybody LOVED the mini grilled cheese/ soup passed appetizer. However, the quality of service was even more outstanding than the food. All night long, the bartenders and catering staff were so pleasant and attentive - not only to my husband and me, but to all the guests. Water and wine were flowing through dinner and the line at the bar was never more than a person or two deep. Yet, the thing that stood out the most to me was the support we got from the catering coordinator, Sue, in the months leading up to our wedding. Sue was the kindest, most knowledgeable professional I've ever worked with and she made sure our wedding went off without a hitch. She had only catered at our venue once before but she worked with me and the venue to get all the information she needed. When the forecast threatened a hurricane on our wedding day, Sue had lots of ideas about how we could make an indoor layout work most effectively and offered lots of advice that helped calm us down in face of the forecast. Sue was so responsive and helpful any time we had questions (which was often) - I don't know what we would have done without her (and I honestly miss working with her now that the wedding is over)! We had the perfect wedding day and I feel like we largely owe that to Sue and the excellent team at Corcoran.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Elyse · Married on 07/21/2018

Corcoran is awesome at what they do. I was nervous about the whole food process, and they made it so much easier than I expected. We came in early on for a tasting which was delicious and made the decision to use them an easy one. Laura was our contact and is the BEST. She handled everything in a personable but professional manner. She was at every meeting we had, including the walk through at our venue, and the night of the wedding. -She even made us plates and made sure we ate :) - They did a great job setting everything up when it decided to rain all day. We had so many guests tell us how incredible the food was and that it was the best food they have had at a wedding. Laura worked with us on so many aspects to make sure everything was just how we wanted. I would recommend them to anyone! They made an awesome cake pop display for us which was so fun, AND even sent home all the leftovers with us. Thank you so much Laura!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Madeleine · Married on 06/16/2018

The food was simply superb. Laura Hennigan and her team at Corcoran interpreted our vision and came up with new ideas to create a seamless, fresh, fun, and very tasty wedding reception. The food was fun and flavorful and the design of the space smart and inviting. We were so grateful for Laura's expertise and willingness to work with our many personalities: bride, groom, mother of bride, father of groom, etc. and she sought to hear us and help us through the process which can be overwhelming. Accommodating and professional at all times. Corcoran was an excellent choice for us and I would HIGHLY recommend them to any couple getting married in the DC area.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

Maryana at Corcoran Caterers was fantastic! We really wanted to do a tasting BEFORE we signed a contract and had been having trouble finding a caterer who would let us do that. But Maryana not only set up a personal tasting, but she customized it based on the food we wanted for our wedding. After we signed, she kept working with me to tweak things all while keeping an eye on our budget and with helping me plan things like my timeline and floorplan. The food was delicious, just as good on our wedding day (if not better) as it was when we did the private tasting over a year before. Every guest finished their plate and raved about the food. The servers were wonderful, courteous and accommodating.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Veronica · Married on 05/31/2018

Simply the Best - Highly Recommend!

Go with Corcoran! They are wonderful!! Choosing a caterer is a huge leap of faith. Our venue recommended Corcoran (among a few others we met with) and I am so glad they did. I cannot say enough good things about Corcoran and Sue.

Sue was an absolute star - responsive, professional, detail-oriented, and tailored the experience to our wedding preferences perfectly. What I really appreciated is that she brought her extensive wedding experience and talent to wedding planning in a way that was so valuable with ideas that never would have occurred to me. She really made everything run so smoothly, went above and beyond, and gave us and our guests a wonderful experience - many commented on the great food and drinks.

Corcoran noted that they hire skilled and friendly teams - those are the people your guests interact with so it really makes a difference. One of the crew noted that me and my husband didn't have time to eat and even made us a small plate of our favorites on hand so we could grab a bite when we had a moment. Lots of little things like that throughout the planning and the wedding made all the difference.

Although we planned to get a cake elsewhere, seeing how smoothly everything was going with Corcoran we changed our mind and had the most beautiful cake that matched exactly with what we requested, and it was delicious.

Sue and her team go above and beyond, they give ideas for where to spend and where to save, they get really creative and thoughtful. At the end of the day, the food and drink was so tasty and the team is awesome to work with.

One of the best decisions for our wedding. Thank you Corcoran!!!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/26/2018

Working with Sue from Corcoran was amazing and we can't recommend them highly enough. A few highlights:

1. The food. Obviously I wanted the food at our wedding to be good, but I had sort of accepted that wedding food is mediocre. It turns out I didn't need to make that concession! Our guests told us that everything from the appetizers to the dinner was absolutely delicious. Multiple people told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had, and based on what I ate, I agree! The same goes for the cake--several friends told me: "that was the best wedding cake I've ever had." Thank you to the chefs at Corcoran for exceeding our expectations and serving our guests a great meal!

2. The details. Sue worked with us to get every detail right, from our custom cocktails to our linens. She went through several drafts of our wedding plan and contract until I was happy with every last detail. She also thought of things that never would have crossed my mind yet made the day feel even more special (like serving guests some lemonade and ice tea before the ceremony). And then, on the day of the wedding, everything was executed perfectly. From the cocktail hour to the dinner, Sue and her team served delicious food and kept the drinks flowing for our guests.

3. Sue herself. Sue is a delightful person and an angel to work with. She met with us twice before the wedding in person to go over everything. And on the day of the wedding she personally made sure we got to eat the delicious food we had picked out (who says you don't get to eat at your wedding?!). Working with Sue made the whole planning process, and the wedding itself, so enjoyable. We feel so lucky that we got to work with her.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

Corcoran was an awesome caterer, everyone I've spoked to since the wedding absolutely loved the food. They also were very flexible, making a custom salad for us based on what we like, and doing a super varied dessert bar since we aren't really into cake. Sue was also amazing to work with. She was patient through multiple changes in the process, and was always really kind and flexible.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Britni · Married on 10/01/2017

We worked with Sue from Corcoran Caterers for our wedding in October 2017, and I could not say better things about their entire team, but specifically Sue! She worked incredibly hard keeping our catering in budget, presenting GORGEOUS food, AND being mindful of my gluten allergy! She was also a surrogate wedding planning and had so many dreamy ideas to pump up the glamour of the event, like linen suggestions and a welcome hot apple cider since we had a fall wedding. This review would be pages long if I detailed all the extra details, touches and flares she added to make my day absolutely spectacular. A total DREAM to work with.

Also, all her wait staff were utterly phenomenal, obviously top of their game. Everything was at the absolute highest level.

PS: Make sure you come hungry to the tasting! Corcoran was one of our later tastings and we left many of them hungry -- NOT SO with Sue :) I was even able to discuss the details over a lovely glass of wine, which helped take the edge off. I couldn't say more about this experience, she saved the day!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Corcoran Caterers 14

Pat · Married on 09/28/2017

They met our challenging requirements for completely vegan food & drink. Exquisite menu for our appetizers and dinner—our guests were wowed. Our coordinator, Sue, was a delight—every question and change met with good humor and superb skill. Fabulous chefs, bartenders and servers. Terrific caterers!!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Nancy · Married on 08/12/2017

Don't look any further--this is the one! The excellent, wonderfully-tasty food is only the beginning. Maryana and her team will guide you, hold your hand, calm you down and take care of everything. Tablecloths, napkins, china, glassware, flatware--your choice for your budget. Set-up and take-down is included in the cost, which is worth every penny, so all you have to do is show up at your venue, have a wonderful time, say goodbye to your guests at evening' s end, have another glass of wine and go home, very, very happy. We had a dinner buffet which was more relaxed than a plated dinner and just as fabulous. Better, even, because you chose from an assortment of goodies. Make sure you do the mac'n cheese bar--the wonderful pasta with a choice of yummy toppings makes everybody smile and satisfied. If you want a plated dinner, Maryana will brilliantly execute whatever you desire. Her service team was very professional, seeming to be everywhere, and somehow still knowing when you needed them. We chose to have beer and wine supplied by Corcoran and the offerings were all first-rate--names you will recognize as some of your favorites. I have to add that my venue manager, Delmy Palmer, at Capitol View Rooftop, works very closely with Maryana and they are a dynamic team. Your worries will disappear if you book them both. However, wherever you choose as your venue, I am sure Corcoran has been there before, knows the staff, knows the kitchen, and will give you the service and food that will make your event magical. Wish I had another one to plan with Maryana and Corcoran! Yes, they are that good! Note: cost was for 100 guests.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

There is no better caterer in town. We talked with over 10 caterers and Corcoran stood out from the beginning. From the quick email responses to a lengthy introduction call to a lovely tasting on site, Corcoran held the utmost customer service.

Maryana orchestras pure magic. She acted as a true consultant throughout our wedding planning process. While she pointed us in the right direction while choosing items related to caterer, she was also never shy to share tiny tidbits or pictures from prior wedding experiences in order to make our day run smoothly.

For day of wedding, Maryana created a masterpiece on the rooftop of our venue. She and her team placed our handmade flower centerpieces and decorated the cake to make our details really pop. She was quick to coordinate timeline details with our other vendors on site to ensure a smooth and stressfree time for us at the Reception!

What I loved most was that we didn't view Maryana as our caterer, but rather our friend. Throughout both the planning process and day of onsite, we felt like she truly had our best interest in mind and wanted to create a magical night for us to enjoy!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Marie · Married on 05/20/2017

Sometimes when you meet a vendor, everything seems to fall into place without having to even try. They listen to you very closely and understand your vision and your fears. On the recommendation of our venue coordinator, we reached out to Sue, whose kind heart, sweet laugh, and incredible understanding of wedding flow and chaos, seemed to match perfectly with our own needs.

From the moment of our first point of contact with Sue, she never made us feel obligated to anything. She carefully listened to menu ideas we wanted and helped to ultimately create a dinner not only within our budget, but one that exceeded our expectations beyond measure. From our tasting to our final walk-through, Sue made my husband and I feel like the most important couple she had ever worked with. She made us feel as though we were her only assignment. And while I know we most certainly were not, you would never know the thousands of other projects she has going on at once - in your time with Sue, you truly ARE the most important.

On the day of the wedding, Sue and I had a quick exchange before I walked down the aisle. She handed me a glass of water, had simple chit-chat with me, and made me feel so at ease. During dinner service, Sue reminded me to eat and when I still forgot, Sue kept one crab cake in the back reserved for me so that when I finally did have a second, I could quickly chow down.

To say my husband and I hit the jackpot with Sue and Corcoran Caterers would be an understatement. Sue helped to create the wedding our dreams dreamed of.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Sixin · Married on 05/06/2017

We highly recommend Corcoran to everyone who's looking to host a wedding in the DMV area. The food was great and the staff were friendly. Our coordinator was Sue Pavlinski, and we cannot say enough good things about her! She was phenomenal in all aspects. From suggesting ideas, colors, arrangements to coordinating on the day of the wedding, she was thoughtful, attentive and resourceful. Initially we were going to partner with another caterer due to cost, but Sue worked with us to figure out items in their package that were not important to us and could be taken out to reduce costs. At the end, Corcoran turned out to be the most affordable option with the vest value! Sue's flexibility and awesome customer service thoroughly convinced us that choosing Corcoran was one of the best decisions we had made in the course of wedding planning. We had such a great time at the wedding and Corcoran and Sue were one of the reasons! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Laura · Married on 04/30/2017

I highly recommend Corcoran Caterers, for several reasons:

First of all, Laura Hennigan (our catering coordinator) was the absolute best. Not only was she friendly, knowledgable and accommodating, she responded promptly to every email and every question I could possibly have. Also, when I needed a recommenation for a day-of wedding coordinator at the last minute, she provided an essential recommendation. It was a pleasure to have a contact as great as Laura to work with. She really knows her stuff.

Secondly, my husband and I got MULTIPLE compliments on the food. Since the wedding, one of my college friends has asked me twice to ask Corcoran for their tomato soup recipe (we had tomato soup demi-tasse and grilled cheese crouton appetizers). Plus, my Maryland-born husband and his family greatly approved of the crab cakes, which - as you know if you are from Maryland - speaks greatly to their quality :)

Finally, the service itself was impeccable. Throughout the cocktail hour, the servers passing hors d'oeuvres always purposefully stopped at my husband and I (none of that "the couple never eat at their own wedding" stuff!). During dinner, everything was served with such elegance -- servers lining up around the table with plates, and putting them down in unison. Beautiful! And we always had a server asking us if we needed anything, with an easy friendliness and a smile on her face.

Our wedding turned out beautifully, and that was in no small part to Corcoran! As I said before, highly recommend.

Sent on 05/06/2017

monica · Married on 04/30/2017

Corcoran Caterers (and our coordinator, Maryana) did an outstanding job on our wedding at Strong Mansion in April. They were very responsive, the food was amazing (all our guests complimented the food), the servers did a great job, and Maryana was a delight to work with and really went above and beyond. Not only was she interested in our choices, we felt like she was totally invested in making our wedding a great day for everyone (which we feel is uncommon for a lot of wedding vendors, given the number of events they do). Maryana even made sure we got the cake we wanted--based on nothing more than a Pinterest picture!! We definitely recommend Corcoran, and especially Maryana, for your event.

Sent on 05/28/2017