84 Reviews for Corcoran Caterers

House Wine (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
83 Corcoran Caterers Reviews

Corcoran was an awesome caterer, everyone I've spoked to since the wedding absolutely loved the food. They also were very flexible, making a custom salad for us based on what we like, and doing a super varied dessert bar since we aren't really into cake. Sue was also amazing to work with. She was patient through multiple changes in the process, and was always really kind and flexible.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/26/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, French, Italian, Bartender(s), Liquor License

We worked with Sue from Corcoran Caterers for our wedding in October 2017, and I could not say better things about their entire team, but specifically Sue! She worked incredibly hard keeping our catering in budget, presenting GORGEOUS food, AND being mindful of my gluten allergy! She was also a surrogate wedding planning and had so many dreamy ideas to pump up the glamour of the event, like linen suggestions and a welcome hot apple cider since we had a fall wedding. This review would be pages long if I detailed all the extra details, touches and flares she added to make my day absolutely spectacular. A total DREAM to work with.

Also, all her wait staff were utterly phenomenal, obviously top of their game. Everything was at the absolute highest level.

PS: Make sure you come hungry to the tasting! Corcoran was one of our later tastings and we left many of them hungry -- NOT SO with Sue :) I was even able to discuss the details over a lovely glass of wine, which helped take the edge off. I couldn't say more about this experience, she saved the day!

Profile Picture Britni, 10/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Gluten Free

They met our challenging requirements for completely vegan food & drink. Exquisite menu for our appetizers and dinner—our guests were wowed. Our coordinator, Sue, was a delight—every question and change met with good humor and superb skill. Fabulous chefs, bartenders and servers. Terrific caterers!!

Profile Picture Pat, 9/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Vegan, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, American, Asian, Italian, Mediterranean, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Don't look any further--this is the one! The excellent, wonderfully-tasty food is only the beginning. Maryana and her team will guide you, hold your hand, calm you down and take care of everything. Tablecloths, napkins, china, glassware, flatware--your choice for your budget. Set-up and take-down is included in the cost, which is worth every penny, so all you have to do is show up at your venue, have a wonderful time, say goodbye to your guests at evening' s end, have another glass of wine and go home, very, very happy. We had a dinner buffet which was more relaxed than a plated dinner and just as fabulous. Better, even, because you chose from an assortment of goodies. Make sure you do the mac'n cheese bar--the wonderful pasta with a choice of yummy toppings makes everybody smile and satisfied. If you want a plated dinner, Maryana will brilliantly execute whatever you desire. Her service team was very professional, seeming to be everywhere, and somehow still knowing when you needed them. We chose to have beer and wine supplied by Corcoran and the offerings were all first-rate--names you will recognize as some of your favorites. I have to add that my venue manager, Delmy Palmer, at Capitol View Rooftop, works very closely with Maryana and they are a dynamic team. Your worries will disappear if you book them both. However, wherever you choose as your venue, I am sure Corcoran has been there before, knows the staff, knows the kitchen, and will give you the service and food that will make your event magical. Wish I had another one to plan with Maryana and Corcoran! Yes, they are that good! Note: cost was for 100 guests.

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

There is no better caterer in town. We talked with over 10 caterers and Corcoran stood out from the beginning. From the quick email responses to a lengthy introduction call to a lovely tasting on site, Corcoran held the utmost customer service.

Maryana orchestras pure magic. She acted as a true consultant throughout our wedding planning process. While she pointed us in the right direction while choosing items related to caterer, she was also never shy to share tiny tidbits or pictures from prior wedding experiences in order to make our day run smoothly.

For day of wedding, Maryana created a masterpiece on the rooftop of our venue. She and her team placed our handmade flower centerpieces and decorated the cake to make our details really pop. She was quick to coordinate timeline details with our other vendors on site to ensure a smooth and stressfree time for us at the Reception!

What I loved most was that we didn't view Maryana as our caterer, but rather our friend. Throughout both the planning process and day of onsite, we felt like she truly had our best interest in mind and wanted to create a magical night for us to enjoy!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

Sometimes when you meet a vendor, everything seems to fall into place without having to even try. They listen to you very closely and understand your vision and your fears. On the recommendation of our venue coordinator, we reached out to Sue, whose kind heart, sweet laugh, and incredible understanding of wedding flow and chaos, seemed to match perfectly with our own needs.

From the moment of our first point of contact with Sue, she never made us feel obligated to anything. She carefully listened to menu ideas we wanted and helped to ultimately create a dinner not only within our budget, but one that exceeded our expectations beyond measure. From our tasting to our final walk-through, Sue made my husband and I feel like the most important couple she had ever worked with. She made us feel as though we were her only assignment. And while I know we most certainly were not, you would never know the thousands of other projects she has going on at once - in your time with Sue, you truly ARE the most important.

On the day of the wedding, Sue and I had a quick exchange before I walked down the aisle. She handed me a glass of water, had simple chit-chat with me, and made me feel so at ease. During dinner service, Sue reminded me to eat and when I still forgot, Sue kept one crab cake in the back reserved for me so that when I finally did have a second, I could quickly chow down.

To say my husband and I hit the jackpot with Sue and Corcoran Caterers would be an understatement. Sue helped to create the wedding our dreams dreamed of.

Profile Picture Marie, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol

We highly recommend Corcoran to everyone who's looking to host a wedding in the DMV area. The food was great and the staff were friendly. Our coordinator was Sue Pavlinski, and we cannot say enough good things about her! She was phenomenal in all aspects. From suggesting ideas, colors, arrangements to coordinating on the day of the wedding, she was thoughtful, attentive and resourceful. Initially we were going to partner with another caterer due to cost, but Sue worked with us to figure out items in their package that were not important to us and could be taken out to reduce costs. At the end, Corcoran turned out to be the most affordable option with the vest value! Sue's flexibility and awesome customer service thoroughly convinced us that choosing Corcoran was one of the best decisions we had made in the course of wedding planning. We had such a great time at the wedding and Corcoran and Sue were one of the reasons! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sixin, 5/6/17, 1 Review

I highly recommend Corcoran Caterers, for several reasons:

First of all, Laura Hennigan (our catering coordinator) was the absolute best. Not only was she friendly, knowledgable and accommodating, she responded promptly to every email and every question I could possibly have. Also, when I needed a recommenation for a day-of wedding coordinator at the last minute, she provided an essential recommendation. It was a pleasure to have a contact as great as Laura to work with. She really knows her stuff.

Secondly, my husband and I got MULTIPLE compliments on the food. Since the wedding, one of my college friends has asked me twice to ask Corcoran for their tomato soup recipe (we had tomato soup demi-tasse and grilled cheese crouton appetizers). Plus, my Maryland-born husband and his family greatly approved of the crab cakes, which - as you know if you are from Maryland - speaks greatly to their quality :)

Finally, the service itself was impeccable. Throughout the cocktail hour, the servers passing hors d'oeuvres always purposefully stopped at my husband and I (none of that "the couple never eat at their own wedding" stuff!). During dinner, everything was served with such elegance -- servers lining up around the table with plates, and putting them down in unison. Beautiful! And we always had a server asking us if we needed anything, with an easy friendliness and a smile on her face.

Our wedding turned out beautifully, and that was in no small part to Corcoran! As I said before, highly recommend.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/30/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Corcoran Caterers (and our coordinator, Maryana) did an outstanding job on our wedding at Strong Mansion in April. They were very responsive, the food was amazing (all our guests complimented the food), the servers did a great job, and Maryana was a delight to work with and really went above and beyond. Not only was she interested in our choices, we felt like she was totally invested in making our wedding a great day for everyone (which we feel is uncommon for a lot of wedding vendors, given the number of events they do). Maryana even made sure we got the cake we wanted--based on nothing more than a Pinterest picture!! We definitely recommend Corcoran, and especially Maryana, for your event.

Profile Picture monica, 4/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Cake, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Corcoran Caterers were outstanding! I can't write enough amazing things about Sue and her team. Everyone was so kind and professional, and Sue went out of her way to make sure the evening was a dream. I enjoyed working with Sue from the very beginning. Each step in the Corcoran planning process was very professional, organized, and efficient, and Sue's delightful personality made it a lot of fun too. I was hesitant to go with a larger company, but Sue made sure we felt like our wedding was as important as that of any other client. Everyone raved about our fall-themed wedding! The creative menu, including custom risotto and a carving station, was a perfect fit. The food was simply delicious (Sue ensured we actually ate), and I loved the pies and French macarons crafted by their in-house pastry chef. They are also flexible for a wide variety of budgets, have a great selection of rental items, and allow you to supply your own alcohol/bar setups with rental of their liquor license for the day. I only hope that I have the opportunity to use them for a future event!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/4/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian

If you are looking for a caterer for your wedding... stop where you are now and book with Corcoran Caterers!!! We would recommend Corcoran Caterers to anyone and everyone.

We absolutely loved everything about Corcoran Caterers and working with Maryana! We booked with Corcoran almost a year and a half before our actual wedding... and from the day we booked with them the experience was outstanding.

We want to thank all of the staff for the superb service and amazing food at our wedding. The service and food by far exceeded our expectations and we couldn't be more pleased that we booked with Corcoran for our big day. Our guests are still telling us how amazing the food was and we wish we could eat it all over again! We did a serving stations dinner that included a carving station (chef carved picanha), risotto station and a maryland station (that included crab cakes and old bay spiced shrimp)- the food was mouthwatering and our guests couldn't get enough! And then to end the night we did late night snacks (pumpkin pie shooters and mini apple pies)- they were sooo delicious and a huge hit!

Maryana was a huge part of the wedding planning process and is one of the biggest reasons why our wedding was so successful. Maryana was such a joy to work with and we couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. From her help in creating an amazing menu for our guests, her attention to detail, professional advice, sincere thoughtfulness and perfect execution on our wedding day. Maryana really nailed it and we COULDN'T be happier. I am relieved that the wedding planning process is over but I can honestly say that I am going to really miss working with Maryana. Any future brides that get the opportunity to work with her in the future like i did are very lucky. Thank you so much for everything, Maryana- we can never thank you enough!

Profile Picture Michele, 10/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, American, Latin American

A great experience! We worked with Laura, who was amazing throughout the process. She helped advise us at every twist and turn, and just made the whole process a lot easier. On the day of the wedding she also expertly handled an ordering mistake on our part without any fuss or stress. The food was very good, especially the appetizers, the service was excellent at the wedding, and the price was very reasonable. All and all, a really great experience.

Profile Picture Katya, 10/28/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our guests said the food tasted like restaurant food not wedding food. We had a plated meal, not buffet and the service was terrific.

Profile Picture Claire, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Chairs

I would highly recommend Corcoran Caterers, and specifically Laura Hennigan, to anyone looking for a caterer for their next event. Laura was amazing, the food was delicious, and the staff was attentive and professional.

The food: Corcoran catered our fall wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. All of our guests loved the food at our wedding, and couldn't stop talking about how impressive they thought both the food and the service was. My husband and I found the whole process to be incredibly easy and enjoyable, from the tasting to the final product.

Laura: Laura was such a huge part of our planning process! She was easy going and flexible, but she also got things done and always had perfectly coordinated notes from our previous conversations that reflected any changes we had made. She helped make the process feel easy and enjoyable. I can't recommend her highly enough! I feel like I ended up asking for Laura's advice on everything from linen colors to numbers for purchasing alcohol, and she was always quick to respond and help with anything we needed.

Thank you to Laura and Corcoran Caterers for helping us create our perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Eva, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Maryana is a great person to work with. She worked very closely with my venue coordinator Delmy (at The Capitol View at 400) and were the dynamic duo for my event. The food was outstanding and something everyone still talks about to this day. Maryana was great at responding to my random emails or texts and was able to work with our schedule to do phone calls instead of meeting her all the time. When we had our tasting (and since I've never done one before), it was amazing to see everything laid out in the catering office to get an idea of what it would look like at an event. She was also able to accommodate my picky dad and make sure he was happy as well.

We had a very budget conscious wedding and Maryana was very straightforward with us about pricing. With every question we asked her, she explained how it could change the budget and what other things we could think about. This was VERY HELPFUL and she was the first caterer to not make me feel bad that I had a tight budget. She just said "not a problem" and went to do her job.

I would highly recommend them as they are a very professional company and we hope to use them in the future if we can (we honestly wish we could just eat as if they were a restaurant if we could).

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Nut Free, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Chinese, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

All of our guests were raving about the food at our wedding (all night and when we saw them the next day). Everyone had a different dish to obsess over, but from the passed hour devours to the plated meal it was all just fantastic.

Laura was such a huge part of our planning process as well. She was a really easy going flexible person to work with but also definitely got things done. She had suggestions, but wasn't at all pushy. We cannot complain at all.

The room set up looked fantastic. The staff day of was wonderful. So attentive and professional. My mother in law keeps telling me about how much she liked how "organized" our wedding was :)

Profile Picture User5410674, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Local, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

Laura was absolutely incredible to work with. She helped us create an amazing menu. The food was SO good and every idea she had for us was perfect. The buffet and dessert displays looked beautiful. During the whole planning process, Laura was incredibly helpful and responsive. She always had great ideas and was extremely accommodating.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/26/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Chairs, Tables, American, Asian, Japanese, Mediterranean, Southwestern

Absolutely phenomenal! I can't praise Corcoran Caterers enough - the food is delicious (many of our guests came up afterwards asking about our caterer and commenting that it was the best wedding food they've ever had) and they work with you to make the meal personal and within budget. My husband and I originally looked at another caterer as well and the big test was when we asked Corcoran and the other caterer to provide a menu that was a blend of Middle Eastern and American cuisine. The other caterer proposed chicken tikki masala (yikes! we said the Middle East not India) whereas Corcoran included kafta and a puff pastry stuffed with Middle Eastern vegetables and spices (so on point!). Corcoran Caterer's original proposal may seem higher than other caterers initially - HOWEVER - it includes everything you'll need and you won't need to add on charges. The other caterer's proposal seemed cheaper at first, until we noticed that it didn't account for things we were obviously going to need for the reception as we had told them (a table for the DJ, a table for the gifts, etc.). In contrast - Corocoran's was a bit higher but already had included in the budget items which we hadn't remembered to ask for but which we definitely wanted at our reception. Corcoran Caterers does a fantastic job at table setup - I remember walking into our reception and thinking that it all looked so much nicer than I could have ever imagined - and they have some beautiful choices of linens and china in their collection. Finally, they are willing to work with any budget and when we told them what we were aiming for they came up with creative solutions to help us keep costs within that budget while still looking great!

Profile Picture Quinn, 5/21/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Kosher, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables, American, Mediterranean, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

DO NOT hesitate to choose Corcoran caterers. They catered our daughter's wedding and her shower, and performed brilliantly at both events. And not because we had a "spare no expense" budget either - indeed, they worked professionally and creatively with us to keep both events within budget while providing absolutely outstanding food. Moreover, the wait staff was absolutely top notch.
Final, and important, kudos to Laura Henningen, the person who helped create the menus and was in overall charge of the catering on site. What a gem - so professional, warm, and caring.

We recommend this company, and Laura Henningen, to everyone!

Profile Picture Patrick , 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar

Corcoran Catering offered amazing food and staff. We had so many options to choose from and were able to personalize every aspect of the dinner from serving plates to tablecloths. Everything was exactly like we wanted. Even the tasting was beyond what we expected, and the food and presentation were so good, it honestly made us even more excited for the big day! Even though we received raving reviews for the food, some saying it was the best wedding dinner they had ever had, our absolute favorite part about having Corcoran cater our wedding was Maryana. She is THE BEST!!! She is so thoughtful and listened to what we wanted, to our styles as individuals and a couple and she really made our vision come true. We cannot thank her enough for making our wedding not only beautiful but exactly what we wanted. She is not only sweet but very professional, and a great planner! We highly recommend Corcoran and you have to ask for Maryana!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southern, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Laura was the absolute best! She was extremely professional during the entire process since day 1. She was also extremely responsive, which I cannot say the same for with other caterers that we dealt with at the beginning. After meeting with Laura for our tasting, we knew immediately that going with Corcoran was the right choice. Laura truly went above and beyond with everything, and she was extremely helpful on our wedding day. It would not have been the same without her and her amazing staff. The food was spectacular. I felt like we were eating at a 5 star restaurant. Could not have been happier. They also provided all of our linens and had a wide selection.

Profile Picture Aaron, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Laura at Corcoran was an absolute dream to work with. Our tasting with her went so smoothly that we did not require another follow up meeting after that. She listened carefully to what we wanted in our food and captured all our preferences accurately. Corresponding over email and phone was a breeze. Laura also attended our venue walk through and was extremely helpful with addressing all the details required. Our wedding food turned out amazing and our guests still tell us to this day how the food was delicious! We would not hesitate to recommend Laura at Corcoran.

Profile Picture Jenn, 10/2/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), American, Asian, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Liquor License

Sue Pavlinski of Corcoran Caterers was fantastic to work with. We had an August afternoon wedding and reception at the same site--a compact 3.5 hour event. We are committed to fresh, local, season food and Sue made all of that happen. Our menu was full of summer delights--tomatoes, zucchini, peaches, grilled chicken and steak, berries, and a chocolate buttermilk pie that was to die for! Sue worked hard to ensure that all of our 80 guests had a great meal--from the gaggle of little kids (who we weren't going to feed chicken nuggets) to our gluten free friends. There was something for everyone. I only wish I had had time to sample a little more. But Sue and her team did pack up the leftovers and sent them home with us!

Corcoran Caterers let us provide our own candy bar to accompany our desserts--and she thoughtfully arranged all of our candy jars on the dessert buffet. Plus we provided our own beer, wine, and champagne--an easy way for us to save a few dollars.

Linens were available in a lot of different colors and styles--suited us perfectly.

Sue was organized, punctual, responsive, and so nice to work with. fantastic service.

Watch quantities of food--or perhaps our group weren't big eaters--we had a lot of leftovers of many items--enough to feed 50% more guests of some things. But the leftovers were delish!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a wonderful experience with Martha and Corcoran. From the very beginning she was friendly and flexible with my fiance and my parents as we navigated what we wanted for appetizers, drinks, entrees, etc. She came up with great ideas, and consistently went above and beyond what was expected. She was very responsive to emails and calls, and we loved all the special touches she included, such as appetizers personalized for us (she asked what food was special to us, and when we said pizza, a mini pizza app was born!), and a signature drink that we all loved after months of trying to decide on one. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect - we opted for a buffet and everything was served flawlessly, and the food was delicious. We heard many compliments afterward! She even wrote a sweet note to us and included a whisk for our new kitchen from Corcoran. We couldn't be happier with Martha and with the whole Corcoran experience.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews