Convict Lake Resort Reviews

Convict Lake Resort 4
Convict Lake Resort 5
Convict Lake Resort 6
Convict Lake Resort 7

Convict Lake were amazing, the BEST wedding food ever. I have received so many compliments about our food it is unbelievable. It is hard to find good wedding food, but these guys were so good and flexible with the menu. They are so professional, and made everything so easy. It's a stunning venue and backdrop to get married at, and couldn't have asked for a better team - so helpful and on top of it. Thank you to everyone there who made our day so very special and fun!

Sent on 08/18/2014

WOW! Mike and his team at Convict Lake are exceptional! They went above and beyond since day one of my planning. Brian made it really easy for my guest to reserve their cabins, and their rates were very reasonable. My Aussie butler was right at my side for any requests. Mike worked well with my day of coordinator and all other vendors. The food was delicious! I had a buffet which I was able to customize to my liking, and you definitely have to have the potatoes au gratin. Overall, I highly recommend Convict Lake for your ceremony and reception venue! My budget for the ceremony, venue, food and alcohol was within 15k and Mike made it work. Thank you Convict Lake team!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Mary Beth · Married on 01/19/2013

If you are a fan of the mountains and lakes and nature and are looking for what most be the most beautiful outdoor ceremony site you've ever seen, I HIGHLY recommend Convict Lake Resort. Not only is the wedding site breathtaking, but Mike, who is the catering mngr., is fantastic. We had the most beautiful winter wedding here in Jan, 2013 thanks to help from Mike.

Sent on 02/06/2013
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 08/25/2012

Convict Rentals was amazing! Mike helped me figure out my dance floor. Cyle delivered and was the most professional guy to set it up right on time!!!!!
    Great Price!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Elaine · Married on 10/09/2011

I couldn't believe how amazing Mike and his staff were! The location is beautiful, and then it's paired with top-quality, professional service. My guests were blown away. In addition, dinner was seamless. They coordinated everything as it became apparent we were clueless. And the food, as always, was truly excellent. Again, my guests were amazed. Finally, and most importantly, when things started to fall apart (ie soundsystems going missing and flower vases never showing up) Mike stepped in with his ever-present, calm smile, and got everything taken care of. My guests and I can't say enough good things about how happy we were to have the wedding there.

Sent on 10/31/2011

erin · Married on 11/14/2009

Beautiful setting and amazingly helpful and sweet staff. :)

Sent on 12/08/2009

Kathryn · Married on 06/16/2018

We had an absolutely amazing wedding at Convict Lake. Meghan was very easy to work with and went out of her way to make sure we got the wedding we wanted. Mammoth can be challenging to get to and every time we were there, she was very responsive, made herself available to meet with us and made the planning much easier than it could have been. Once we selected the vendors, she took over and did a great deal of the coordinating. On the day of the wedding, Mike and Sarah took fantastic care of us. They both went out of their way to make sure the wedding went off without a hitch, which it did. Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted with not a single issue arising. The entire afternoon into the night, we never found ourselves wanting a thing. They ushered us around, made sure we were at the right spot at the right time, served us food and kept our glasses full. We seriously could not have asked for a better day and have the team at Convict Lake to thank for that.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Sue · Married on 10/14/2017

My daughter Meredith's wedding weekend was magical from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Of course, we have to thank the Gods for giving us incredible weather, but I am sure even in foul weather the place is special. The entire Convict Lake Resort staff was excellent to work with. Meghan is an outstanding wedding planner and was professional in a personal way. She always made us feel comfortable and was willing to go above and beyond in making the event the best it could be.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

We were attracted to Convict Lake because of the obvious beauty in the location; we committed to having our wedding there because of the quality of the brains behind the operation. Meghan is amazing, well organized, thoughtful, and detail oriented, proving all of these things to us many times over the course of the 11 months we worked with her. She worked with us to totally customize the experience, from creating a new "country BBQ" themed menu to ordering special beers to laying out the reception to accommodate games. During the dress rehearsal and the morning of the wedding, I was having a meltdown about the wind (side note: BRIDES think about wind wherever you go...I thought that rain would be my biggest problem at Convict Lake--nope, it was the wind!!!) and Meghan took the time to calm me down and discuss alternative options incase I felt like it was too windy. Ultimately I stuck with the plan to have the ceremony at the lakeside, and the wind calmed down enough and it was perfect, but it really meant a lot to me that Meghan addressed my concerns and didn't brush them off.

Other things to note: It's really convenient to have guests stay at the Convict Lake Resort. It was a bit of a hassle to book rooms because they recently switched to a new software, but it all worked out in the end and we loved having the bridesmaids get ready in the big Mt. Morrison Lodge. Also the food is AWESOME, Oscar did a fantastic job and I appreciated how he was willing to try new items for our menu.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Laura · Married on 09/28/2013

We just had a lovely wedding weekend at Convict Lake Resort. Our guests have declared it one of the best weddings they have ever been too largely due to the crew at Convict Lake. The wedding venue was spectacular and required no decoration at all (we even had a bald eagle circling over the lake just before our ceremony). Our guests stayed on site in the many affordable cabins on site, and there are great options for our rehersal dinner (in front of one of the cabins), rehersal dinner (in the large tent by the restaurant), and the brunch (in the restaurant). The food at the reception was great, and Mike and his crew just took exceptional care of us during the weekend. Honestly, we could not have asked for more (particularly at the price changed!).

Sent on 10/17/2013

Emma · Married on 08/11/2017

Meghan and Mike at Convict Lake are fantastic to work with for the big day. We wanted a laid back destination wedding in the mountains that allowed us to mountain bike, hang out, and not worry about the details. When you book with Convict Lake you not only get the venue but also coordination. Meghan and Mike were there making sure everything was on time and going smoothly. I would see Meghan peripherally throughout the night orchestrating with my photographer, DJ and family. She even hugged me good night and helped load packages into our vehicle. It was well worth it for me to go with a venue and team that do this all weekend every weekend for months on end.
    One of my friends told me that Convict Lake is the best option when you don't want to break the bank and go full do-it-yourself and coordinate everything, I could kiss her right now! I picked and secured my vendors (a little bit of an experience when you've never planned weddings before) and basically had a "set it and forget it" attitude from there on out. Meghan and team communicated with them all and made sure everything was in place when I arrived.
    We visited Mammoth twice during the planning process. The first time was to see the venue for the first time, during the "atmospheric river" in January, and then for our tasting in March. We planned all of our vendor meetings for the weekend we visited in March, including engagement photos!
    My wedding may have been just another day to them but they made me feel like the only bride that day.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Britt · Married on 06/16/2017

Convict lake is a gorgeous place to get married. The scenery is more than any decoration can provide. We wanted an outside wedding and a place where we would be comfortable enough to have a same sex wedding, Convict Lake Resort  and their staff provided everything we could have asked for and more. The only bad thing I could stay was that the water to the cabins was shut off for quite a long period of time during the week we were staying there. Still over all a great experience. Compared to other wedding sights and vendors in the mammoth/June area, Convict provides a great price to have a wedding. We rented out and had our rehearsal dinner on the lawn of the Yosemite Cabin. the day of the wedding we rented out the Minerat cabin, which was beautiful and I would defiantly rent it out again. Meghan the wedding coordinator is AMAZING. Super helpful with all our wedding details. She is easy to contact and stay in communication with. She made sure eveything was perfect and even made sure we got all our belongings after the wedding. She is everything you want in a wedding coordinator. The food at the wedding reception is delicious, my only regret of my wedding night was not being able to eat more. Many of our guests raved over the food and how they went back for seconds. I would highly recommend having a wedding here.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Erin · Married on 06/25/2016

Mike and Megan are incredible. My husband and I had THE BEST experience with the both of them. They were accommodating, available, and super helpful. Megan made the "day of" seamless. I know it's cliche to say but this truly was the wedding of my dreams. My only reason for not giving all 5 stars was the organization of my personal things. I brought a lot of stuff up of my own and came back minus one box. Their shed is a mix of their decorations, and stuff you as the couple bring up, so it feels a little disorganized. And the day after my wedding it was just all piled up, and I ended coming home a box short. Not a huge deal, but when your borrowing things from other people to keep costs down, and you can't give those things back to that person, you feel bad. So I would just say, keep a good inventory of your things I know they have said they were working on this, so maybe a better plan has been put in to place. Other than that minor detail, everything was absolutely perfect. They worked with us to keep things in budget, gave us so much attention and a ton of love. Megan was also great at advising of what works or what didn't when I had questions. These two are real people and you feel like family. And they want to make their family happy :) Mike, Megan and their team do a wonderful job. DO IT!!! Go with them!!! You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Convict Lake Resort was the wedding location of my dreams. It was gorgeous beyond belief (pretty much any time of the year) and I loved that we had the beautiful lake and mountains behind us during the ceremony. Meghan, the wedding planner at this venue, was unbelievably helpful, responsive, professional, efficient, highly organized, and overall just a very genuinely nice person and a pleasure to work with. She made the wedding planning process clear and organized, and always made sure to communicate with me regularly during the months leading up to the wedding. Any questions I had were always answered within a couple of days, and our phone calls were always productive. She made me feel like a valued customer and never made me feel guilty for asking so many questions, which says a lot about the amount of patience she has. She made the wedding rehearsal enjoyable for all of us including family and friends and even offered to help transport people to the site in her personal car, which I thought was really sweet! She was always willing to help out in any possible way.

The day of the wedding she was amazing! She kept checking in with me to make sure I was doing ok (I was very nervous and not feeling great the day of, and she was sensitive to that, which I truly appreciated), and was easy to find in case anyone had any questions or concerns. I really appreciated her continued professionalism and kindness throughout the course of the day.

Regarding the price of the venue: because we got married on a Saturday, we were required to meet a $12k minimum, however if you get married any other day of the week you only pay for what you need. I'd recommend scheduling a Sunday or weekday wedding if possible to try to save money and avoid extra unnecessary spending. No regrets on our part though, because we were very satisfied with the wedding, just a little pricier than what we were hoping for!

Sent on 06/23/2016

My wife and I couldn't have been happier with Meghan, Mike, and the team at Convict Lake. Our wedding was just as special as we imagined! They did everything possible to make it a memorable and joyous occasion, as well as being a pleasure to work with on the event. Furthermore, I think planning a wedding at Convict Lake provides a good value. The only drawback is associated with the lodging, which is under separate ownership. Typically, the bride & groom receive a substantial discount on their accommodations, as well as discounted rooms for the guests. However, because the event planning and lodging is under different ownership, this was not an option. However, I would do it all over again, and I honestly don't think I'd change a thing! It was a day my wife and I will always cherish. Plus, we received overwhelming positive feedback from almost all of our guests! Great job!!!

Sent on 03/03/2016

John Shaver · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Beautiful

Beautiful venue! Well organized. Would have liked people not having to ask for wine, etc during the reception as that was included in the price and breaking down the table 1/2 hour before our time was up seemed rushed...

Sent on 08/03/2019

Ryan · Married on 07/16/2011

Don't let the name fool you. Convict Lake Resort (CLR) is positioned on a glacier lake in a gorgeous setting of the Eastern Sierra Mountains. CLR conveniently offers one stop shopping for the ceremony, reception, catering, lodging and recreation for your special event.

Sent on 04/04/2012

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

If you love the mountains you should get married here. You can't find a more beautiful backdrop. Mike, Meghan, and the staff are fantastic, and you can't beat the value either. Everything was wonderful - Meghan really took care of us on the day of - and the food was delicious. Many of our guests commented that Meghan was so cool and collected and on top of everything. We were really grateful to have her there!

I would suggest blocking off rooms for your guests and reserving the big lodges ASAP once you've settled on a date. We had some trouble reserving all of the cabins we wanted. We also took advantage of the campground up the road for our guests who were looking for more casual accommodations.

Sent on 06/23/2016