Convict Lake Resort Reviews

Convict Lake Resort 6
Convict Lake Resort 7

Matthew Olson · Married on 09/06/2019

Dream Come True

I don't know if there is enough room here to let me talk about how great this venue and location is. First off, Meghan is a rock star. She knows what's going on and making sure everything is going as planned. We brought her some bins with things we wanted spread around the tent and she killed it. Not only did she set them up, but she tore them down and set them aside for us to pick up the next day. She treats you as if it was her own wedding going on. You are not just another wedding to her. Her communication is great, her organization and staff is great, and it completely takes the stress away from your wedding day to where you can just enjoy it. Next I want to thank Mike. I don't think he stopped smiling when we were around him. Mike bent over backwards to get the rehearsal dinner and breakfast set up to our liking and provided non stop service all night. every time I saw him he was always asking how everything is going and if there is anything we needed to let him know. The resort is clean and the remodeled cabins are 5 star. Thank you Mike and Meghan for making this day special and memorable. You killed it.

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Convict Lake Resort 8
    Convict Lake Resort 9

Elisabeth Delk · Married on 09/06/2019

Best day ever

We had our wedding at Convict Lake last weekend and it was the most perfect couple of days. It was so much better than we could have ever imagined. Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but Mike and Meghan are just incredible. They are the just kindest people and worked so hard to make sure everything leading up to and our actual wedding day was perfect. The entire process was so easy and so fun. The cabins are amazing, the food at the restaurant is delish, the general store has everything you need, and the location is just the happiest place on earth. We can't wait to go back and we are beyond happy we picked Convict Lake as our wedding venue. Thank you, Mike and Meghan!!! We love you!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Convict Lake Resort 14
  • Kaylee

Kaylee Sandstrom · Married on 08/04/2019

The Most MAJESTIC Wedding Venue a Bride could ask for

Convict Lake is without a doubt one of the most stunning venues of all time. My entire wedding party and guests that attended were in complete awe! Not only is the venue a work of art but so is the incredible Meghan Gallagher, the wedding coordinator. Meghan was the most crucial person on my wedding day and all the months leading up to it. She is truly one of a kind, she always wrote back to my emails answering all my questions, no matter how small or silly they seemed (first wedding, who knows what to do!). My fiance (now husband ;)) and I are vegans and wanted a vegetarian wedding. Convict lake had never had a vegetarian wedding and Meghan made sure our wishes were met! She took it upon herself to coordinate with the chef what wonderful dishes he could create and serve, and my gosh did people rave about the food!! Not only was she able to secure a vegetarian array of food but secured two separate vegan dishes the chef made just for us. That shows just how much she pays attention to the couple, really wants the best you and your hearts desires. My wedding went off without a hitch, I've heard of brides crying and so overwhelmed on their wedding day, which no one should ever have to go through, and mine was beyond perfect in every way. The only tears I had were of joy and Meghan was instrumental in that. She has the most beautiful, bright energy and light around her and that will translate to your wedding. If you want the apex of your story to be majestic Meghan and Convict lake should be your first choice. Whoever reads this, I hope you have a beautiful, long lasting love and a majestic wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Convict Lake Resort 21
  • Teresa

Teresa Poirier · Married on 07/20/2019

Exceeded Expectations - Gorgeous Wedding

Our wedding at Convict Lake was absolutely gorgeous. Meghan, the wedding planner was amazing and ensured all went smoothly. The food was incredible and all our guests commented on both the food and the beautiful venue. The staff was friendly and accommodated all our requests with a smile. We made the right choice in having our wedding at Convict Lake. They took care of everything and we had a wonderful time with our family and friends.

Sent on 08/31/2019
    Convict Lake Resort 22

Chloe · Married on 06/07/2019

Nailed it...everything I wanted and more!

From the moment we booked this venue, we were given nothing less than 5 star service. Working directly with Meghan was a breeze. When I didn't know what to do, she offered ample suggestions to help guide me in the right direction. It was so awesome that they hosted a tasting with all the other couples that had booked the venue for the upcoming year, it was a super fun event. The day of our wedding, Meghan didn't miss a single detail and I didn't feel like I was on a structured schedule at all...it flowed so nicely. The food was amazing (guests still continue to rave about it), obviously the venue is just gorgeous, and I couldn't have asked for a better day. If you're an outdoor enthusiast or simply just appreciate the Eastern Sierras, Convict Lake Resort is quite the place to enjoy your special day!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2018

Meghan and her crew were so incredible!! The whole planning process she was responsive, accommodating, and professional! Windy weather changed our day of timeline and she and everyone were go with the flow and flexible! They totally accommodated everything and everyone! Couldn’t have imagined a better place for a great day!!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing wedding weekend!

I can't say enough about Meghan and her team at Convict Lake! They really know how to pull off a flawless and beautiful mountain wedding. Before the wedding, Meghan was so organized and really helped us pick amazing vendors. All of our guests were raving about the wedding tent, dinner (esp. the macadamia-crusted mahi mahi), and the cocktail hour. We had the best wedding weekend--can't recommend Convict Lake enough!

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • U

Ustina · Married on 08/17/2018

Meghan and the entire staff at Convict Lake were absolutely amazing!!!
    Everything was perfect and they made sure of it!
    Meghan was nothing short of incredible. She thinks of everything you don’t and handles everything so all you need to worry about is enjoying your special day!
    She was so responsive to all of my questions and always answered everything so quickly which helped reduce my stress level immensely.
    If you want
    She was seriously the most amazing and did everything she could to make sure our night was perfect!!
    If you’re thinking about having your wedding here do it! The view, the staff, the food, everything perfect!

Sent on 08/26/2018

ANTHONY · Married on 08/17/2018

We chose Convict Lake compared to the other venues in Mammoth Lakes due to the convenience and the shear beauty of the lake and backdrop. Having the Ceremony and Reception in one location with amazing Cabins and top notch service it was far better than the other Mammoth Lakes venues. Once we met Meghan we knew this was where we were getting married. Leading up to the wedding Meghan made the planning and process so simple and was on top of everything. Come the day of the wedding Meghan once again was there on top of everything, we could not of asked for a better person to be in charge of the venue and planning.

Sent on 09/05/2018
    Convict Lake Resort 23
    Convict Lake Resort 24

Karen · Married on 07/07/2018

We would highly recommend Convict Lake, especially for adventurers looking to showcase the Sierras to their friends and family and encourage connection and conversation throughout the weekend (the benefit of everyone staying in one place). We loved the freedom and peace of mind of having so much taken care of for us (Meghan and her team are truly pros and handled so much that we weren't even stressed ). The venue is stunning, dance floor fun, and food delicious. Mt. Morrison made for the perfect lodging and hang out spot for friends. Oh and if you're getting married, stay in the Minaret Cabin!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Convict Lake Resort 25
    Convict Lake Resort 26
    Convict Lake Resort 27
    Convict Lake Resort 28
    Convict Lake Resort 29
    Convict Lake Resort 30

Eugenie · Married on 07/01/2018

Meghan was amazing in helping us plan and put together our wedding on 7/1. The venue was beautiful and she answered all of my questions right away. She made it so easy to drop off our decor and enjoy the day rather than running around trying to get things ready. Meghan made every detail perfect and our entire planning process easy!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Eugenie,
    What an amazing event. It was truly a pleasure working with you and Chris. Such a fun adventurous group you had.
    Cheers to a bright and beautiful future.

april · Married on 06/29/2018

My Husband and I cannot say enough about Megan and Mike! We first worked with Mike who answered all our initial questions. Then Megan helped us throughout the whole wedding process. They are both amazing - very organized and communicative. Answered emails within a day! The food, the tent, the staff were all five stars. I would most likely re-new my vows at Convict Lake again if I had the choice :) Thank you Meghan and Mike and the staff at Convict Lake Resort!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Jordis · Married on 06/22/2018

Meghan and Mike were so awesome!! They look such great care of us and our guests and made sure our day went off with out a hitch!! Meghan even made our plates of food! Thank you both so much! It was the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Convict Lake Resort 31
    Convict Lake Resort 32
    Convict Lake Resort 33

Kayla · Married on 06/07/2018

Where to start!! We absolutely LOVE this venue. The scenery, the ambience, the food, the staff, the list goes on... We couldn’t be happier with the way our wedding turned out. It was the perfect day!! Everything was exactly how I would have imagined. Meghan is the definition of what a wedding planner should be, she’s poised, helpful, understanding, accommodating, and extremely organized. The wedding was flawless thanks to her and Mike. They are both very easy to talk to and full of great ideas and suggestions and a just all around support for what you want for your wedding. I can’t express enough how amazing this place is and how thankful and lucky we are to have been married in such a special location. Thank you again to the whole CLR team, we love you!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kristi-Lee · Married on 05/27/2018

Convict Lake is what wedding venue dreams are made of. Not only are the ceremony site views amazing, but the staff there are great as well. The wedding tent for the reception is breathtaking and our photos inside of it were magical! We had a welcome party the night prior to the wedding and we dealt with some bad weather. Meghan arranged for everything to be changed to inside and totally put me at ease that everything was going to work out great. Meghan is truly amazing at her job and she always made me feel like I was in great hands. The food that was served at our wedding and welcome party was so delicious, I still have family and friends calling me to say how much they loved the food! The team at Convict Lake really know what they're doing!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Convict Lake Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Kristi -Lee. Congratulations to you and Chris!!
    Let the adventure begin.

Jake · Married on 05/19/2018

Unbelievable experience for our wedding! Meghan and her staff were unbelievable the day of the wedding and I could't be any happier with the way things turned out! Food was amazing, drinks were great, and the combination of a wedding on the lake and a beautiful reception in the amazing tent was an experience of a lifetime! Ill never forget my wedding day and would highly recommend Convict Lake Weddings to everyone!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Convict Lake Resort 34
    Convict Lake Resort 35

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2018

We were going to have a backyard wedding at my Aunt's home, but before we made a final decision we wanted to look at the venues around the area. Mammoth Mountain venues, while beautiful, were over our budget and not the complete "feel/vibe" we wanted. We were looking for a more natural/rustic venue with space for our large number of guests that would not break the bank (at least as best as we could get in "wedding world"). We had never known Convict Lake had a wedding venue/reception area until we stopped by to check it out. We are SO happy we contacted Mike and he referred us to the wedding coordinator Meghan for more information. We were able to schedule a tour with the coordinator, Meghan, of the entire property (cabins, reception area, ceremony sites, etc) no problem. Meghan and the team at Convict Lake were such a help through the entire process (from room blocks, meal/drink menus, seating arrangements, and rental upgrades, to day of coordination, etc). The new rehearsal tent/structure is far from a white circus-y tent that used to be on site. It has beautiful glass paneled windows around the entire structure, beautiful wood floors, and an awesome attached courtyard for cocktail hour. Those are just some of the amazing features (not including the hanging chandeliers and white ceiling drapes inside the tent string lights over the courtyard)! On top of that, the two location options for your wedding ceremony left us speechless! Pictures do not do the lake and trees justice. We went with the Shale Beach location and it alone (without decor) would still be a perfect sight. Meghan was there to answer all of our questions (there were very many) without hesitation and she was patient with our large amount of guests and wedding party. Thank you Meghan and Convict Lake for ALL of your help and having our special day at your gem, we truly wish we could do it all over again! We cannot wait to come back and visit Convict Lake in the future.

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Convict Lake Resort 41
    Convict Lake Resort 42
    Convict Lake Resort 43

Amy · Married on 05/04/2018

I am a photographer who just worked a wedding up at convict lake resort, rarely as a vendor am I so impressed and I walked away from the day being blown away by the planner Megan who was so on top of everything that day. The place for one, brides if you are looking... book AMAZING place, with amazing views, ran so smooth, on time they were positive, professional the food was impressive. I do this for a living and its rare that Im as pleased as I was from this place and you guys !!! the views are insane.

Sent on 05/10/2018
    Convict Lake Resort 44
    Convict Lake Resort 45
    Convict Lake Resort 46

Convict Lake Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Amy. It was a pleasure working with you. We are so excited to see more photos from this wonderful event. We look forward to hopefully working with you in the future.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

We worked primarily with Meghan, the onsite event coordinator, but Mike was very friendly and helpful as well. Meghan was such a pleasure to work with. She was always calm and confident in our meetings with her, which made us feel relaxed that everything was going to go smoothly on the big day, and it did!!! I kept waiting for something to go wrong (because I heard too many bride horror stories in general that something always happens...), but everything was perfect! Meghan cares so much she even came to find me the morning of the wedding to ask me about a table decor decision because she wasn't sure if it was what I had envisioned. She knows the Convict Lake Resort inside and out and provided helpful guidance and tips throughout the process. CLR and Meghan were also super accommodating about a few special touches we wanted-- like a coffee cart and a homemade photo booth. Convict Lake is SUCH a gorgeous place to get married, and Meghan is a true professional and a great person. If you want a stunningly beautiful, flexible, and intimate wedding venue (our 90 guest event somehow still felt cozy in the best of ways!), this is your place!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Valerie · Married on 09/17/2017

I can't say enough good things about Meghan and Mike. They really did put us at ease and made sure our event went off without a hitch! They were so accommodating from day one. Convict Lake Resort is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Our guests along with my husband and myself had an amazing time. The venue itself is gorgeous.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Holly · Married on 08/26/2017

Our wedding at Convict Lake was absolutely amazing. Aside from the killer views, a big part of why we chose Convict Lake was because Meghan was so organized and helpful the first time we met with her at the resort. After looking at many venues in Mammoth- there was no question, we had to choose Convict Lake. Meghan was quick to respond to my emails and the day went off without a hitch. Meghan and Mike made sure everything was what WE wanted-even making sure we had some of our cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres since we missed our cocktail hour. Meghan went above and beyond throughout the day and even squeezed in time for us the day before while running another wedding. She's a true professional and we couldn't imagine having trusted our wedding to anyone else. -Holly and Mike Married 8/26/17

Sent on 09/27/2017

Debra · Married on 08/25/2017

Had a wonderful wedding at Convict Lake. So beautiful. It was everything we hoped for. The staff and accommodations were outstanding!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Taylor · Married on 08/19/2017

Meghan was delightful to work with for our wedding at Convict Lake in August 2017, and she helped make a truly special celebration for us. Meghan was very professional, organized, polite, and patient with us in helping to organize the wedding, which was especially appreciated since we were not in California during the year. Meghan was excellent at taking initiative and managing any issues that came up during the weekend. She helped direct our rehearsal and manage the input of many different family members. On the day of the wedding, Meghan took care of everything, and we were delighted to see how well the reception and the ceremony matched exactly what we had asked Meghan for. Would highly recommend working with her for your special day in the future!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Becky · Married on 08/18/2017

We could not be happier with the professional care we received from everyone at Convict Lake, especially Meghan. Our needs were met at every turn, both leading up to the wedding and especially on the day of. We absolutely recommend this venue...especially for weddings! Our day was nothing short of perfect and magical!

Sent on 10/03/2017