Composure Events Reviews

Composure Events 2
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Niehm · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

If I could give Cori 10 stars, I would! She made sure our day went perfectly and without a hitch. Cori is very professional and always knows what she is doing and what needs to be done... while being your friend and keeping you calm at the same time. If you are considering an event planner or day-of coordinator, do it. Cori is hands down the #1 lady for the job!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Rob

Rob Sullivan · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely the Best

Cori was amazing in helping me, the Mother of the Bride and my daughter, the Bride create a beautiful, STRESS FREE and magical wedding day! Cori was also such a delight to work with. I hired Cori as a “Day of Coordinator” and she went well over the call of duty, not only the day of, but several months prior to the wedding day. She met with us about two months prior to the wedding and again two weeks before. Her detailed meetings assured us that every little detail had been covered and she was able to determine when something still needed to be addressed. She contacted all our vendors and coordinated delivery, set-up times, etc. for the day of. She had everything set up at the church, was instrumental in making sure the ceremony ran smoothly, packed everything up from the church, i.e. signs, guest book, flowers, photos, etc. and headed to the reception to set up everything there. My husband and I did not have to do anything that day except to enjoy our daughter’s big day! When we arrived at the reception approximately 45 minutes before cocktail hour, Cori had everything in order!!! She was instrumental in keeping our timeline of events (that she created for us) and when the reception was over, she had all the gifts and our décor (there was lots) boxed and ready for us to take home. We honestly could not have enjoyed the day with out her. She was absolutely the BEST!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Mussatto · Married on 07/13/2019

Cori's services were above and beyond

Cori was INCREDIBLE.
    We initially looked into event planning and coordinating services only because our venue required it. We met with Cori and were impressed with her ideas & energy, and decided she would be a good fit to be our day-of coordinator. When we met with our venue a month out, we were surprised and impressed to find she had already contacted almost all of our vendors to confirm we were all on the same page, and continued to contact our vendors leading up to our day with updates and detail confirmation.
    Our big day went seamlessly - thanks to Cori. She was everywhere at once, making sure floral arrangements got to their places, food was delivered and name tagged, reserved signs were placed, ushers knew what they were doing, and also finding time to sneak me desserts! She saved me an incredible amount of time both leading up to the wedding, doing busy work that I would have avoided, and on the day of, taking care of the loose ends and stressors that would've taken away from my ability to enjoy our day.
    I would recommend Cori's services to anyone in search of planning/coordination services. She is honestly born to do her job, and went above and beyond our expectations. We both wish the absolute best for her and her business!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Majewski · Married on 07/07/2019

"Say Yes" to Composure Events

Cori was like a coach and teammate throughout our 6 month planning season. She was timely, communicative, competent, collaborative, personable, enthusiastic and organized. She responded well to feedback and helped troubleshoot any planning challenges we shared. On the wedding day, Cori helped make the venue look stunning and kept the events running smoothly with her assistant. We do not have family in the KC area, so having a wedding planner throughout the whole process was incredibly helpful and well worth the investment.

Sent on 08/30/2019

B. C. · Married on 05/10/2019

Beyond Expectations

I don’t know where to even begin with Cori! I am so beyond grateful for her help, professionalism, energy, expertise, and relational approach to everything. My husband and I were both medical students and we had a 4-month engagement, so finding the time to plan a wedding was a challenge to say the least. We had hired a full-service wedding planner at the beginning, but ended up ending our contract with her 2-weeks in because she just wasn’t a good fit for what we needed with our crunched timeline and our limited time available to spend making decisions etc. We took the plunge of planning the wedding ourselves and we chose El Torreón as our venue. We were happy to find out that we got coordinator service as a part of the package, but we had no idea how incredibly valuable that service would be. We met with Cori and her assistant Alesha for the first time 2 months before our wedding and we were blown away by their energy, punctuality, and expertise. Cori has a way of taking any level of organization or chaos and making you feel very confident that everything will turn out perfect. She gave us very clear and simple check lists of things we needed to do, and she took everything else off of our plates, which was extremely appreciated as I was studying for my board exam and my husband was going through the Residency match. Cori coordinated all of our vendors seamlessly and we didn’t have to do a thing to make sure all the vendors had the information and directions that they needed. On the wedding day itself, Cori was a gift from God. She made sure everything was in place, all details were covered, and that everything ran smoothly. She intervened to calm family drama, fixed bouquets that were just a bit overdone, and made sure that special moments were protected. Throughout the entire process, every interaction with Cori felt like talking to a best friend who was there to do anything to make our wedding perfect. Her assistant Alesha was also incredible, working behind the scenes so perfectly that I barely even saw her! But many family members told me about how she was always in the background doing the leg work and overseeing the details. Most importantly, Cori and Alesha made sure that my husband and I experienced the wedding of our dreams and we just wish there were better words to express our gratitude!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Tara Tubbesing · Married on 03/30/2019

Hiring Compusure Events is One of the Best Decisions Ever!

Cori and her team are outstanding! She is incredibly organized and professional. She helped us to stay calm during very stressful moments with her sense of ease and composure. Our wedding day was relatively seamless and that is primarily because Cori had it all under control. Our guests commented on how smoothly everything went and how stress free it seemed. If I had it all to do over again, I would absolutely choose Cori to be our wedding planner. She is worth every cent that you pay her and more!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Amber Mccool-Mccracken · Married on 03/17/2019

Wonderfully Excellent!!!!

I would recommend Composure Events to EVERYONE. They did an amazing job helping me practically and emotionally before the wedding and on the wedding day. Cori is made for wedding planning. She is excellent, detail-oriented, smart, personable and hard working. Words don't describe how happy I was with this service.

I am an event planner myself and I was hesitant hiring an event planner but I can say that it was the best decision I could have made for my wedding. It takes off all pressure and chaos and you can sit back and enjoy your special day.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Literally Amazing

We worked with Cori through our El Torreon Gatsby package and she may be an angel. She literally saved our wedding. My sister had gotten married the year before but it was a destination wedding so this was our first wedding with multiple moving parts, vendors, busy timeline, etc. I did not realized how much goes into a wedding. Cori was so incredible. She took everything we had in mind and made it a reality. We met with Cori about a month before our wedding and she kept in contact with us the whole time. She eased my mind about things that I thought were going to be an issue, she spoke with and coordinated all our vendors, made the wedding day go so smoothly It confused me that I didn't have to do anything, brought us our flowers WHEN WE FORGOT THEM, and hyped me up on our wedding day to name a few things. Cori is such an amazing person inside and out. She is so creative, professional, tough, and organized she is the person you want helping you with your wedding planning and your wedding day!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Simone Chaisson · Married on 06/02/2018

Best Stress-Free Wedding!

I would give 5 stars to Cori as a wedding coordinator because of her responsiveness- she was so quick to reply to texts, emails, and phone calls. She was extremely flexible and was professional with her work. It was a gift to have her help me set up meetings with vendors when I was in town and with setting up phone calls when I was out of town. I tend to lack attention to details and Cori helped me to remember those little details and with last minute plans, such as help with booking makeup, hairstylists and wedding venue. My wedding day was so amazing and almost stress-free. Cori and her team decorated so well that the venue looked even better than I could have imagined. Don't hesitate to book Cori as a wedding planner and coordinator! She will be the best decision you could have made!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Composure Events 3
    Composure Events 4
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Anthony · Married on 06/02/2018

Fantastic!

We had the pleasure of seeing Cori do her magic at a family wedding this past summer. She is fun, high-energy, detail-oriented, and works well under pressure. Weddings are fun, but let’s be real: they are stressful! Especially behind the scenes. Cori was there to take care of those pesky details and did it with “class”! We will definitely be using her again for the next family wedding or event!

Sent on 10/16/2018

cynthia · Married on 05/24/2010

Great Company

Cori was very professional and easy to work with. She made sure that every detail for my daughters' wedding was taken care of. I can highly recommend her and her team for their amazing job.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 03/10/2019

Cori did fantastic!!

Cori did a wonderful job of meeting my husband and I's needs as we planned our wedding! She was always available through text and email, answered all of our questions, and helped us budget our wedding based on our limit. She recommended a fantastic photographer to us as well! So thankful for all she did for us!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Lisa Torrey · Married on 08/10/2019

Great Experience Overall

I could not have done it without Cori and her team. She kept me on a manageable schedule throughout the planning timeline and made my dream wedding come to life!

There was some additional stress the days prior to the wedding due to poor communication among vendors. I was on site -without Cori- fielding some issues during set-up. I felt communication could have been more seamless at that critical juncture which is why I took away a star in a coupe of categories. Overall, excellent experience and I'd use Composure again!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Composure Events's reply:

Hi Lisa!

Thanks so much for your review! Loved working with you on your outdoor wedding. I am sorry that you had to deal with that additional stress from the rental companies on site without us -- we have absolutely addressed with them the need to reach out to us before they arrive and the need for the site visit/manager personnel to communicate more clearly with the set up crew.

SO much love for you and your family. :)