Columbia Ballroom Reviews

Columbia Ballroom 4
Columbia Ballroom 5

Rebecca · Married on 08/17/2019

Columbia Ballroom Is The Perfect Place To Get Married

The Columbia Ballroom is an incredible venue. We booked them shortly after we got engaged 18 months ago and they have been a pleasure to work with the entire time leading up to our special day! They are kind, professional, and very responsive. We did most of our communication with Amber who was always available to answer and questions or share ideas with. Heidi was there the day of our wedding and she was so kind and thoughtful and really put a lot of effort into making our day perfect. They were flexible with anything we needed or wanted to really customize our wedding to fit us. They have their own catering on site, which is absolutely incredible. The food was amazing! They have their own bar (which you can customize) and bartenders who provided great service. Their event staff made the day effortless. Our ceremony was on site too and it was everything we ever dreamed of. We will recommend The Columbia Ballroom always and forever!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing venu!

This venue is so great! They make everything so easy! The have there own catering and bartenders. The food is amazing and they have an excellent selection when it comes to alcohol. They have all the tables linens, tables and chairs already there and not to mention they beautiful decorations. Heidi is amazing! Overall just a great experience they go over and above to make your day amazing!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Kellie · Married on 07/21/2018

Everything about my wedding was absolutely PERFECT, starting with the Columbia Ballroom.
    I fell in love with the ballroom since the moment I saw it. The ballroom, despite it's name, is not a ballroom, but a rustic-barn feel, with exposed wood beams and hardwood floors. It's a big main room and dance floor, complete with a large bar, and stage to keep the whole party in one place. A horse farm out back, gives it that extra touch.

The venue books fast, so if you want this place DON'T hesitate. The year I wanted was completely booked, so I ended up putting my name on a waiting last. It turned out the venue had a cancellation and we quickly scooped up the date.
    Heidi (the owner) and Amber were both a phone call or text message away throughout the whole planning process. They were both so helpful in making my day exactly how I wanted. My finace and I quickly picked our food, and our tasting was delicious. Closer to our date we had to pick table cloths.... I changed my mind a million times, and went up multiple times, and Heidi and Amber were always eager and accommodating. The month or two before the wedding I changed the table cloths (again) and even wanted to add in a taco bar, and again they were quickly there to help!
    The day of the wedding finally came. We opted for a plated dinner instead of buffet and the severs executed it flawlessly. We received SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on all the food, from the Italian Wedding soup, to the main course, to the late night taco bar! Every single guest had something good to say about the meal.
    The bartenders were equally amazing. There is an older blonde lady bartender who took care of me all night! I wish I learned her name because she definitely deserves a shout-out! The bartenders had hustle and the drinks were great!
    I can't say enough good things about this place. If you are considering it for your wedding venue, just book it now!

Sent on 08/10/2018
    Columbia Ballroom 6
    Columbia Ballroom 7
    Columbia Ballroom 8
    Columbia Ballroom 9

Karen · Married on 04/28/2018

There are truly no words to describe how amazing The Columbia Ballroom is. From the absolutely beautiful venue to the incredible staff and service and the DELICIOUS food - everything was beyond perfect. Heidi and her crew provided the best service and attention to detail - our ceremony transitioning to reception was seamless and it's truly all thanks to these amazing people! THE FOOD! Hands down the best. We still dream about it and wish we could have just ONE more bite of steak. Not only were Sean and I pleased, our guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious everything was. Absolutely incredible.

You guys are amazing. My first wedding memory will forever be walking into The Columbia Ballroom, seeing the ribbons tied on the chairs and the tables set, and I walked right back out and cried so hard over how beautiful everything was. It honestly took my breath away. We are so grateful for all of you - it was a day we will never forget! Just perfection.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Christa · Married on 12/02/2017

My fiance and I just had our wedding at Columbia Ballroom 12/2/17 and we could not have asked for a more amazing experience. Heidi and staff were extremely helpful and acomidating. Our guests raved about the food and the beauty of the venue. Could not have asked for a better place to have held our wedding at!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Liz · Married on 11/17/2017

We LOVED working with the Columbia Ballroom for our wedding. They were very professional and helpful from beginning to end. The Ballroom is absolutely beautiful! We received so many compliments on the venue and the food from our guests.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Amber · Married on 09/09/2017

I had my wedding at the Columbia Ballroom on September 9th 2017. I couldn't have asked for a better day! Heidi was so helpful from the time we first came to look at the place up until after our wedding. She made planning the wedding stress free from recommending an awesome Dj, to responding to all of my questions quickly. The Ballroom provides chairs, tables, glassware, linens, napkins and so much more! I had so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. I can not thank the Columbia Ballroom enough for making my big day PERFECT!

Sent on 09/17/2017

We just booked our wedding for 2016 here and so far they have been wonderful. I live in Akron, but my fiancé lives in IL and all of our family/ friends will be coming in from out of town. I needed something where I don't have to do a lot of thinking and planning. They make it so easy- food (the one owner is a chef), bar, tables/chairs, linens, decorating (besides adding your own flair), wait staff is all included. This completely takes all of the running around trying out vendors and craziness out of it. The place is a cool old barn. Heidi is awesome and so far has been extremely responsive. She is also laid back which is good for me. I am super busy, type A personality, but I travel a lot and need someone to take this part of it over. So far everything has been great!

Sent on 09/22/2015

The Columbia Ballroom was the perfect venue for our vintage chic wedding! The venue is gorgeous and Heidi and Shane were amazing to work with! I had so many compliments on the venue, the bar staff, and the FOOD- delicious!!!
    The venue is perfect for an outdoor ceremony too! They have a beautiful arbor that backs a field of horses. Can't praise this venue enough!!!

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • Brittney&Jordan

Brittney · Married on 07/30/2016

Everything was absolutely amazing! The food and the venue and the ceremony were above and beyond what we expected!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Tara · Married on 07/08/2016

We were married at the Columbia ballroom last Friday, and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. I was planning the whole thing from Tampa, Fl which was stressful enough, but Heidi was always prompt in her email responses and always made herself available when I would come in town for a few days to meet with me and answer questions. On the day of the wedding, we had a mishap with the florist- he thought the wedding was the next day- so two hours before the ceremony was to commence, I had no flowers or centerpieces. Heidi was a rockstar, before my bridal party had even made me aware of what was going on with the florist, Heidi, her husband and crew were cutting flowers from their OWN gardens for centerpieces, running to Costco to get flowers for my bouquet, decorating with anything they could find. The staff and the ballroom, along with my bridal party and family, saved my wedding day. It was also great because the inside of the ballroom is naturally beautiful with everything that they provide anyway. I got so many comments on how wonderful everything looked, nobody knew what happened. Heidi and the staff made the whole wedding experience amazing. Definitely would recommend. And the food is phenomenal.
    - Tara and Nick Biondo

Sent on 07/15/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 06/04/2016

This venue is absolutely beautiful and Heidi is so great to work with. Even with the 17-year cicadas and rain, our wedding day went off without a hitch. And the food is delicious!

Sent on 06/24/2016

amanda · Married on 05/20/2016

Heidi (owner of Columbia Ballroom) executed my dream wedding May 20, 2016. She was super flexible and easy to work with throughout the process. She was patient with me when I had a lot of questions! She was cool with our dogs being part of the ceremony as well. Her husband Shane makes the food and it was soooo delicious. Our guests raved about it. Overall, this venue is affordable and well worth the money for the quality. I loved my wedding and am so grateful to Heidi and the CB staff.

Sent on 06/03/2016
  • User6019312 · 2+ years ago

We booked this venue for our wedding in April 2016. Heidi was wonderful to work with and was always ready to help. Every question I had was quickly answered. She was so attentive during setup and the reception. She was at the ballroom for the entire reception was very helpful when we had questions or needed anything. Shane is a fantastic chef and the food is absolutely delicious prepared perfectly. To top off the two wonderful people that own the venue it is absolutely beautiful and was a perfect fit for our wedding reception!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Christina · Married on 12/04/2015

Heidi was great to work with and willing to work with all of my requests!

My husband and I could not have asked for a more beautiful and wonderful ceremony and reception location.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Sharron · Married on 10/17/2015

What a unique and beautiful venue. Vintage and gorgeous! And the food was delicious. We served our guests a marinated London broil and a bourbon glazed salmon. Both were both outstanding. The potatoes were "real" and the vegetables were cooked to perfection.

The Table linens and chair bows were absolutely beautiful. I cannot imagine having a reception anywhere else!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Matt · Married on 05/09/2015

Columbia Ballroom was a perfect choice for having our wedding ceremony and reception. The venue is beautiful and the food is amazing. Working with their coordinator was very easy and she was extremely helpful. If you are looking for a great place with a rustic feel, Columbia Ballroom is the right choice.

Sent on 05/22/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Columbia Ballroom, and could not have been happier with everything! The Ballroom has such a charming, romantic feel. The owner was so helpful and friendly, great to work with and really helped us make our party a unique and special event. The food was delicious, and our guests are still raving about it! Thank you so much for making this such a fun, memorable and magical night for us and our guests!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

cheryl · Married on 12/20/2014

Wow is all I can say about this place, it is absolutely amazing inside! They made my dream wedding come true! I can not say enough about how great it was working with Heidi, she is so nice and helps every step of the way. The food is amazing, so many complements on it, especially the broccoli cheddar soup, London broil, stuffed chicken! You will be so happy if you have your reception here!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Mary Lynn · Married on 05/31/2014

The Columbia Ballroom is the perfect wedding venue. It is a unique building that has so much character and charm. The space is so welcoming and has a great relaxed/home-like feel to it. Working with Heidi and her family was a great experience, and they were always willing to go the extra mile to make our wedding reception fit our vision! Great food and a beautiful reception, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect space!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2013

This was the one and only reception venue we saw. After attending many weddings over the years in the northeast Ohio area we looked for something out of the box. We booked without tasting the food and knowing this was the first year running things by themselves I was mildly worried. Every fear was put to rest. They are family owned and operated which I loved. Heidi is easiest to contact via email and always answered my questions. We did a group tasting shortly after booking and were thrilled with the selections. We picked our linens which they provided as part of the cost. They were very accommodating of the extras I brought in (kettle corn, caramel apple bar, hot cider). We dropped everything off Friday morning, coordinator set everything up Saturday afternoon and we picked everything up including our gifts Sunday morning.

We have heard nothing but extremely positive review from our guests. Everyone loved the food, atmosphere and feeling of this place. It was the perfect setting for a fall night. The white lights and lanterns give quite a magical feeling. All of the food including a soup and salad bar and late night pizza were delicious. They were very efficient and every one was through the buffet line quickly.

They are simply a steal for what you get. I know prices have changed slightly since we booked but not by much.

Sent on 11/07/2013

We had the most amazing wedding reception at the Columbia Ballroom. Everything was absolutely perfect. The venue is stunning and Heidi was great to work with throughout the planning process. She was available by email and answered our many questions. She was always very personable and flexible throughout planning. Day of the wedding, Heidi paid great attention to detail and made sure everything was more beautiful than we requested and happening as we wanted. She was wonderfully helpful and formed a contingency plan and schedule for us when our DJ got in a car crash and was an hour late. The food was perfectly done; many of our guests found us to tell us it was the best wedding food they have ever had. All 140 people made it through the buffet line in under 20 minutes, and there was enough food for anyone who wanted seconds.
    Overall, they could not have done a better job on anything, everything was perfect from start to finish. I would recommend them without any hesitation.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Katlyn · Married on 07/06/2018

We couldn’t of asked for a better place to have our wedding! Heidi is WONDERFUL. She does anything and everything to make the day the best it possibly can be. Everyone is super friendly, and the food is the best you’ll ever have. We are so happy we chose to have our dream wedding here!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Columbia Ballroom 10

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

We absolutely loved everything about our experience with Heidi, Shane, and the Columbia Ballroom. We were wedding planning from out of state, and Heidi was always responsive in helpful in any questions we had. The ballroom has so much beauty about it that decorating was easy, the beauty of the room speaks for itself. We had our ceremony outside under the shade of the maple trees, with the horses in the field- which were a huge hit with guests! The food was amazing, and many people commented on it being one of the best wedding meals they have ever had. Heidi was there all day to make sure things were running smoothly, and acted in such a calm and reassuring way without ever feeling pushy. We can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Terra · Married on 10/27/2018

2.0

Generally good

The venue is so beautiful it was easy to overlook any negatives! Food was phenomenal and everybody had a good time. Heidi was always responsive with our questions and finding a solution, however it often felt we had to dig for answers. The other staff Amber was rude and pushy day of our wedding and acting like she wanted to be anywhere but there. If it’s your business to help people at their venue for their wedding and they’re paying a ton for it you should be able to put on a smile. Maybe the wedding industry isn’t for her.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Columbia Ballroom's reply:

Terra, I’m sorry that you felt this way towards Amber. She went above and beyond accommodating your setup going over the allotted time and accommodating early arrival for extra setup. Day of coordinating can be stressful when trying to make every wedding day special for the bride and groom and I apologize if she wasn’t able to accommodate you the way you would have liked. I know for a fact that Amber would not have been rude and I know that she loves being a part of each wedding.